PDA

View Full Version : I Swear, Some people are.... Argh!

Catapharact
13-01-06, 21:29
Alright, I am totally ****ed off right now. I don't know what wrong with moots, but whatever it is, go fix it and fix it fast!

This world has seen the near end of segigation of females, but when I read stuff like this ****, I wonder if it truly is:

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/4091020922/m/7291019793/p/1

Guys, get it straight; WOMEN ARE GAMERS TOO! End of story! If they are out promoting games in their own way then by all means, they should be left to do so. Comments like those are unwarrented.

*Sigh* sorry for the rant but I am ****ed.

Hurrah4Lara
13-01-06, 21:39
Catapharact, I did not understand everything in that forum but be calm.:hug:

It reminds me of the school disco [sorry for sounding old, everyone!:D ] when the boys all stood at the other end...

H4L:wve:

Catapharact
13-01-06, 21:49
Let me fill you in a bit H4L :).

The forum belongs to girl gamers out to promote that gaming isn't just for guys anymore. Every now and then they do recieve a challenge, but the challengers are polite. This however is just plain stupid...

Anyway turns out he is all talk. Their clan hasn't faced anyone... A newbie with stupidity in his mind.

xMiSsCrOfTx
13-01-06, 21:51
This guy, in one word, sounds like a jerk. Just ignore it. There will always be stupid people like him who can't accept that there may be girls out there that game too, and are possibly better than him at videogames. ;)

Draco
13-01-06, 21:53
Infantile behavior won't stop until we stop making infantile people.

ben croft
13-01-06, 22:00
I don't like when someone says that games are for boys, only for boys. Come on. Women can play games too. This is not fair. Let's respect each other.

Catapharact
13-01-06, 22:01
There is more at stake here guys, but I can't say what... Not yet anyway ;). It will be her choice to reveal it if she wants to.

LaRaMaster
13-01-06, 22:01
Women can play games like men , no prob
People who think the opposite , are dumb
:wve:

Mona Sax
13-01-06, 22:05
I'm not even upset, rather amused. You can't take guys like that seriously.

Catapharact
13-01-06, 22:07
I'm not even upset, rather amused. You can't take guys like that seriously.

Well... I'll PM you :). There is more at stake...

Jacob x5
13-01-06, 22:11
I don't like when someone says that games are for boys, only for boys. Come on. Women can play games too. This is not fair. Let's respect each other.

Games were never just for boys. Girls have always played games just as much. Why on earth are these girls even setting out to prove that gaming isn't just for boys when everyone already knows? :hea:

Catapharact
13-01-06, 22:12
Games were never just for boys. Girls have always played games just as much. Why on earth are these girls even setting out to prove that gaming isn't just for boys when everyone already knows? :hea:

Cause Jacob; Morons like that moot that we just met still cave themselves up in hidden corners.

Read the FD blogs from time to time :). Very interesting stuff.

Draco
13-01-06, 22:14
Maybe it would surprise you or maybe it wouldn't, but I don't care what you are, all that matters to me is who you are. Online and in real life.

Frizzygirl
13-01-06, 22:18
The boys only playing computer games is gecoming a common known stereotype, which of course is NOT true. if anyone would laugh at me, because I am basicly a Tomb Raider fan and have been since the first one came out I'd tell them :cen: and :cen: and then some more :cen:

Catapharact
13-01-06, 22:21
Well he is gonna get his comeupings. There is a FD by the Nickname Valkyrie. Ooooo, she is gonna skin him alive :mis:.

Hurrah4Lara
13-01-06, 22:22
Catapharact, thanks for clarifying earlier. Yeah like others have said, forget it - it's an eternal battle...

"varium et mutabile semper femina" :cool:
= Girls run rings round the boys! And always have done!:jmp:

Jacob x5
13-01-06, 22:23
Cause Jacob; Morons like that moot that we just met still cave themselves up in hidden corners.

Those people are called idiots. :D

Frizzygirl
13-01-06, 22:25
Catapharact, thanks for clarifying earlier. Yeah like others have said, forget it - it's an eternal battle...

"varium et mutabile semper femina" :cool:
= Girls run rings round the boys! And always have done!:jmp:

How true you are:mad:

Catapharact
13-01-06, 22:26
Guys lets not turn this into a battle of the sexes.

Frizzygirl
13-01-06, 22:27
Yes, we are all just Tomb Raider fans, no need to argue

Draco
13-01-06, 22:29
We would lose, simply because only stupid men have the desire to fight women lol, the rest of us know better :p

Mona Sax
13-01-06, 22:29
Yes, we are all just Tomb Rader fans, no need to argue
Exactly, otherwise we'd behave just like that guy.

BTW welcome Frizzygirl :wve:

Catapharact
13-01-06, 22:30
We would lose, simply because only stupid men have the desire to fight women lol, the rest of us know better :p

Lol! QFE.

A recent quote ;).

Originally posted by BionicDrunken:
My girlfriend gave me the link to this thread, and while I've casually browsed these forums before and just giggled at some of the chuckleheads who feel they have something to prove, I just had to respond to this with a few thoughts:

Apparently, being hardcore means you can't afford four dollars a month for XBL. No, that's not keeping it real, yo. It's much better to plug your Xbox into your PC and play without headsets on XBConnect.

Apparently, hardcore is 'real gamer' speak for "I have a small *****" because it seems like only boys whose masculinity is truly threatened by girl gamers feel the need to come here and spout off how much better they are at games than Frag Dolls.

I have a competitive Halo 2 clan called ReunionTour, which at one point was on the leaderboards for Major Clan before Bungie took away the playlist. I don't think anyone in my clan would feel bad about losing to either the Frag Dolls or PMS Pro simply because they have ******s and we don't.

Then again, I don't consider myself 'hardcore' to begin with, probably because I play on XBL, am secure in my masculinity, and actually get laid once in a while.

Just a few thoughts.

Frizzygirl
Hy to ya all as well:cool:

Maureen Errant
too right.....:)

Frizzygirl
13-01-06, 22:32
Exactly, otherwise we'd behave just like that guy.

BTW welcome Frizzygirl :wve:

smart ones know when to talk and when not, like... Lara

Hurrah4Lara
13-01-06, 22:32
Guys lets not turn this into a battle of the sexes.

Right!:tmb:

Can't live with them, can't live without them!:hug:

Catapharact
13-01-06, 22:43
I wrote this once for W.O.L.F. and I think I posted this here sometime ago as well. Meh, its worth th repost.

Girls with Game Pads.

Picture a quiet evening; Nice sunset, cozzy indoor, just me an my beloved sitting on the couch trying to blast our pixlated selves in Halo 2 all in the name of friendly contest. Romantic non? Well truth be told I learn more of tactical reasoning with her playing as the opponenet than any game A.I. or clan battle. I have made it a habit to not looked too shocked at some of the things she manages to pull off, and situations she manages to avoid. It's enough to make Napolean yell out "Sacre Bleu!" Fraging this opponenet means thinking three steps ahead or you are down for the countdown awaiting another respawn.

Girls have taken the video game world by storm, and in many ways surpassed the guys. 43% of the gamer are females and many of them currently hold high ranks in clans; some even lead them. And why not I say? To quote a female forum member, "Girls are mischeveous little things." They may dress in pretty little dresses and wear nice smelling perfume, but don't be surpirsed if you were to pry into their closets and find a pair of rugged combat boots. Their iron hand wears a velvet glove and it's enough to fool any guy into a knockout punch. Incidently there have been occasions where an online death match variably turns into the battle of the sexes with guys and girls form seperate teams and square off for ultimate Frag dominance. I took the liberty to sit back an examine the match, isolating what factors made each team efficient. The guys I am sorry to say were a dismal disappointment; they started off right, covering each others backs but in the end, diluted their team spirit and ran off their seperate ways for individual kills. The girls kept their group togather utilizing the tight corners of the arena to their advantage to pick the glory seeking males off one by one. And talk about being creative! One of the members managed to use a gernade blast as a smoke screen, leaping out over the blast at the right moment at her unsuspected opponet, ending his rocket domenating rampage with a well placed melee attack. Needless to say, this is the sort of commrade you need by your side in a fire match; someone who would react quickly to situations but would put the team infront of personal conquest.

"Girls are vicious online" quoting another female forum member. "You should see me on Diablo 2." I whole heartly trust her, and take her warning seriously. Most guys just write off women as the sort to play "The Sims" or other non-violent generes. Sorry to say guys, but male dominance in FPS and action/adventure ended with the day Lara Croft decided to done her two legendary pistols. Like the herione of the game, girls are elegent and harmless looking at one sight, but look closely and don't be shocked to find a utility belt filled with gernades. To quote another forum member: "I really do hate when guys look at me and go, "She plays videogames?" It's wrong. I'm not unfeminine, and I'm not a 'tomboy'. Games are a mere form of entertainment, what's so wrong with that?" I couldn't agree more.

Well guys, girls have carved their niche in the gaming world, and they are here to stay. It may come to a point where they could dominate us as ultimate grand champions of everything pixal. So it comes down to simple logic; If you can' beat em join em. Any one up for leg waxing?

Frizzygirl
13-01-06, 22:48
Very interesting ideas. Although I wouldn't any boy waxing their legs out of free will.
Yauch, even I don't do that:yik:

Geck-o-Lizard
13-01-06, 22:50
We need to get UT2k4 up and running again. You never did join a match when you offered to, Cat. Girl here hungry for some flak. ;)

Catapharact
13-01-06, 22:51
We need to get UT2k4 up and running again. You never did join a match when you offered to, Cat. Girl here hungry for some flak. ;)

Yeah sorry Gek, I am a dork Lol! I so want you guys up and running with us :). Our servers are going online pretty soon.

I am easy to find; I am the one babysititng the newbies :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Catapharact/Newbiedetail12.jpg

Meep
14-01-06, 00:28
spose im slow with my replies in this thread...but im a female gamer and funnily enough 1 out of 10 men that i play against insult me skills because im female...The only thing that does bug me that when he find out im female even the nice ones try to find out details about me lol but its fun fun fun fun! and id never stop because of some gutless whiner

THank you and good night! ;)

Melonie Tomb Raider
14-01-06, 04:31
There are definitely some benefits that come with being a girl gamer; however, like Cat has posted, there are a lot of disadvantages as well. I have to admit, I definitely get a lot of attention at my local gamestop for being a girl gamer. :p lol. Of course that's not why I'm a gamer, but it's nice to be noticed. Also, it's always nice to meet other girl gamers. The thing about guy gamers is that when they meet other guy gamers, it's really not a big deal for them (I wouldn't think so any way...), because a great majority of guys are gamers, at least to a certain extent. However, it's a lot different with girls. When I meet another girl gamer I instantly want to get to know them more and start to become friends. It's a common interest that most other girls don't share with me. It's always nice to have friends of the same gender that you can relate to, especially when they share the same hobbies as you do.

As for the negatives... lol. There definitely are a lot. Like Cat talked about, chauvanists pigs are out there, and they aren't afraid to speak their minds. When people like that cross my path, I prefer not to make an episode of it; however, I won't take their garbage. They say their peace, I say mine, and often times I'll prove myself with my skills. :p lol. Speaking of "skills", this is yet another issue us girl gamers have to deal with. In essence, it's as if girl gamers have to prove themselves before they can be repected as a true gamer. For some reason, some people don't believe that hardcore female gamers exist; as a result, they need to see it to believe it. While it is definitely a problem, I really pay it no mind. One thing that seems to get on my nerves is how guys take it as such a terrible insult to be beaten by a girl. Things have been this way for a while with sports and stuff though. Young boys often tease each other by comparing their skills (be it in gaming or sports) to that of a girls. This reminds me of a certain occassion when my brothers and I had some friends over a couple of years ago...

We had tons of junkfood, candy, and sodas for everyone, it was a huge gaming party. Well, while my brothers were playing a four player game with two of the other guys (unfortunately I had no girl gamer friends at that time), one of my guy friends had challenged me to one of his favorite games which he had played all the time at his house (Vigilante 8 for the PSone). I have to admit, I was a bit intimidated at first, due to the fact that I had barely played the game myself; although, instead of backing down I decided to take up his challenge any way. If I lost, that would be ok, I would still have fun. Any way, we put the game into the console, chose our vehicles, and began the match. From the start, he had taken a big chunk of my life out, and that's when I started to get really worried. I was trying to get used to the game, and he had a lot more experience in playing it than I did. As the match progressed, I started to get the hang of it, and gave him a good run for his money. It was pretty intense all in all; however, in the end, victory was mine! It was very close, but I managed to pull through. I tell you one thing, my friend was infuriated! He literally started yelling and said, " You only won because of luck! Your car is better than mine, that's why you won! REMATCH!!!"

Well, I'm not one to turn down a challenge, so I immediately accepted it. I didn't understand why he was so mad either, I talked absolutely NO smack talk (and he talked loads of it...), and when I did win, I didn't say a single word. Regardless of my conduct, he was still angered. Before we began the second match, he insisted that we changed cars, so we did. In fact, I used the car he used the first match, and he used the "superior" car that I used in that first match. Eagerly we began that round with much anticipation. I myself appeared to be layed back and calm, although deep down I just HAD to win, I am an extremely competitive person. My friend, on the other hand, completely expressed his competitive feelings. He was not going to let himself be humiliated by losing to a girl for a second time. To be quite honest, this match didn't take long at all. I won again, fair and square. Of course you can only immagine how angry my friend was. Again he yelled, " You're so lucky!!! You know that wasn't skill, you only won because of pure luck!". While he was venting, I just smiled and let him go with it. If he wasn't making such a fool of himself I would have put him in his place, but I figured this time I'd let my actions speak, instead of my words. After the screaming session he walked away and started playing other games with my brothers. I have to admit, it did tick me off how a guy can be so humiliated just by losing to a girl, but I just let it go. Instead of yelling back and causing an episode, I just took it as a compliment.

Many instances such as this have happened to me before, but most of the time the guy doesn't get THAT mad. I will be the first to admit that I lose too(a lot more than I'd like to at that :p), I'm definitely not the only person winning. So in reality, as long as I conduct myself appropriately, I have no right to be mad at some one else who doesn't.

All in all I'd venture to say that the positives ABSOLUTELY outweigh the negatives; however, learning to deal with the negative situations are crucial for a girl gamer, in my oppinion. Sorry this post was so long, I'm just so passionate about the subject of girl gamers, and I want to see more and more of them. We can't let those condescending chauvanists push us around! :p

Catapharact
14-01-06, 15:06
Mel... Didn't I tell you I had a hunch you would do well as one of them? ;).

Signs are pointing very well at that :).

Melonie Tomb Raider
14-01-06, 16:27
Mel... Didn't I tell you I had a hunch you would do well as one of them? ;).

Signs are pointing very well at that :).

:o. lol. Now I'm embarrassed. :p I sure hope you're right though. ;)

Lord Icon
14-01-06, 16:36
Why you guys (that means girls and boys) even pay any attention to coments like that? It's really a waste of time and it really doesn't make any difference. Stupid, ignorant and arogant people are out there (unfortunately). But by paying any attention to what they say you just give them more power. So just IGNORE them. Nothing bugs them more than other people ignoring them.

Angel666
14-01-06, 16:49
As a female gamer I have definately gotten a few odd looks at gamestop. Once a guy came up and asked me if I was lost then so kindly pointed out that bath and body works were on the second floor. I am not hardcore nor do I belong to any kind of team. Yet. I'm not good enough to be comfortable with my skills as a hardcore game girls to compete against chauvanists. I admire these Frag Dolls for kicking ass and proving that they are as good as or even better than guys. Still, I'm not to worried about this jackass. The Frag Dolls seem like they can take care of themselves and as you said, It turned out to be a noobie blowing smoke up everyones asses. And, good for you Melonie. You put that idiot in his place without gloating or making a scene. I tip my hat to you. *tips imaginary hat to melonie*