PDA

View Full Version : What is required for Xbox live?

Soma Holiday
14-01-06, 16:18
My and my VideoGame club pals all got together last night and owned on one another on Halo 2...3rd place!! WootWoot!! Good for someone who's never played with more than 2 other people. :D

Anyway, I was wondering what was required for Xbox Live? I know you have to have a high-speed connection, but can I get one of those? I like about 18 miles from any electrical company or town, so I'm afraid that I can't. Is there any company that offers it to boondock players like me?:o

I really want to work on my skills, and beat the 2 guys that beat me last night!! Who titled me 'the best girl Halo player they'd ever met.' lol

Thanx a bunch. I really hope I can get it. :( I'm hooked now...I need to feed my addiction and kill more people!! lol.

Neteru
14-01-06, 16:33
What is required for Xbox live?

Ummm, an Xbox? :cln:

Soma Holiday
14-01-06, 16:35
Um...DER!!!

:p And don't say a controller or a copy of Halo 2 either! I've got those covered!;)

Catapharact
14-01-06, 16:37
1) You DEFINATELY need a high speed connection :).
2) Possably a router (or more than one input jack Lol!)
3) Suscription to Live (duh Lol!)
4) Optional: X-box heatset for voice communication :). (very important with Halo games.)

Soma Holiday
14-01-06, 16:44
ok now!...I got it!! :p (It's official pick on Soma day or something lol.)

The 1st one is the problem...anyone know if I can get a High Speed Connection?

Neteru
14-01-06, 17:07
Augh soma, we've got to have our fun! :p

Seriously. I think you have to be within 4 km of the exchange to get a broadband connection. Speak to your isp, they would know better. Another option for someone out in the sticks would be satellite connection, but I'm sure the costs would just be prohibitive.

Soma Holiday
14-01-06, 20:12
Awe nutbunnies. :(

I'll just have to see what can be done and hope for the best...thanx anyway. I'll just have to get with my friends more often.

Soma Holiday
14-01-06, 22:51
Would this work?!!

"NetZero HiSpeed Internet is a next generation dial up Internet access service delivering up to five times faster Web surfing†† now with Pop-up Blocker. The NetZero High Speed Internet service works from any phone jack using a standard dial up connection, does not require any new hardware and can be downloaded in five minutes at www.netzero.net. The price for this service is only $14.95 per month*, and includes the standard NetZero Platinum Internet service including compatibility with instant messaging at no additional charge."

It says it's available, but it says 'high-speed dial up' So what does that mean? Will it work or not?

interstellardave
14-01-06, 23:09
Would this work?!!

"NetZero HiSpeed Internet is a next generation dial up Internet access service delivering up to five times faster Web surfing†† now with Pop-up Blocker. The NetZero High Speed Internet service works from any phone jack using a standard dial up connection, does not require any new hardware and can be downloaded in five minutes at www.netzero.net (http://www.netzero.net). The price for this service is only $14.95 per month*, and includes the standard NetZero Platinum Internet service including compatibility with instant messaging at no additional charge."

It says it's available, but it says 'high-speed dial up' So what does that mean? Will it work or not?

If you're "dialing in" on a regular phone jack (or any phone jack probably) then no, it won't be fast enough... Sorry!

Soma Holiday
14-01-06, 23:17
Argg!!! *Throws phone across the room, then realizes that the Internet won't work without it.*

I hate living here, I can't wait to get transfered to a decent college where cows aren't the campus majority. :rolleyes:

Just hope Halo is still popular next year....oh wait...no worries there! :D