PDA

View Full Version : About the pageant polls

ELEN
14-01-06, 16:19
Hiya everyone.

At this specific time, we can't block certain members from voting in a poll. So, about the two polls we have two options:

1. Create the poll (and let the participants vote for themselves if they want. The votes will be personal - no one can see them).

2. Create an open poll (and allow the votes to be visible). E.g. posting the members name.

xMiSsCrOfTx
14-01-06, 16:22
2. Create an open poll and allow the votes to be visible. E.g. posting the members name.

I think this would be our best bet. :wve:

Lavinder
14-01-06, 16:23
2. Create an open poll (and allow the votes to be visible). E.g. posting the members name.

Please :)

xMyrax
14-01-06, 16:24
I think this would be our best bet. :wve:

I agree

ELEN
14-01-06, 16:27
Really? I was gonna suggest the first one. For the various polls we had (eg for banner or wallpaper) the poll could be open. But for this one, I thought the first one would be better?

Ampersand
14-01-06, 16:29
I think the first one. Privacy. Besides, aren't we allowed only one vote anyway? That way every participant would be guaranteed at least one vote, even if it was their own. :p

BlackGrey
14-01-06, 16:32
Open poll at least i can then see how many people don't like my face :p

Melonie Tomb Raider
14-01-06, 16:32
Well it looks like I may be outvoted here, but I think the first one would be the best. Otherwise some people may not even vote at all because they don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. For example, I'm sure a lot of people here have more than one good friend that has entered this competition, and by making the polls open for everyone to view, they may change their vote in order to not offend.

That's just my oppinion though, do what you think is best. :) I honestly don't think anyone will cheat though, and if they do, then it's their problem.

xMiSsCrOfTx
14-01-06, 16:33
But if we choose the first, some people might try to cheat, won't they? I'm not saying any of the participants or accusing anyone, but won't this allow members under the one month mark to vote as well? I thought you didn't want that.

BlackGrey
14-01-06, 16:33
Change of mind the first one :p

xMiSsCrOfTx
14-01-06, 16:35
Well, whatever you think is best, Elen. :) Because really, there are ups and downs to both. Even if you go with the first choice it should be fine.

Lavinder
14-01-06, 16:35
I change my mind too, what was I thinking !?

Melonie Tomb Raider
14-01-06, 16:41
But if we choose the first, some people might try to cheat, won't they? I'm not saying any of the participants or accusing anyone, but won't this allow members under the one month mark to vote as well? I thought you didn't want that.

Well it could happen, but I doubt it. And if it does, it will be sincere new members. I'm pretty sure the reason why it was prevented was to keep members from using multiple accounts. I honestly don't think any of the participants would cheat, and if they do (like I said before), it's their loss. Even if it managed to make them win, I highly doubt they would get any enjoyment out of knowing they won by cheating. Although I'm sure all of the participants are honest and fair. :)

Soma Holiday
14-01-06, 16:41
I agree with Mel! Plus, I want to vote for someone...and not myself. I have my own opinion who I think is the 'beauty' of the group...and trust me, it's not me lol.

And anyone who would cheat to win some forum contest has serious esteem issues. :rolleyes:

Melonie Tomb Raider
14-01-06, 16:43
And anyone who would cheat to win some forum contest has serious esteem issues. :rolleyes:

Well said Soma. ;)

xMiSsCrOfTx
14-01-06, 16:44
Good points there! Choice one is better, then. :o :)

ELEN
14-01-06, 16:46
Personally, I thought that the first option would be better, for various reasons, some of them mentioned by Mel. Besides, the participants are just few. For example (I'll take the ladies as an example, because I have already made the page), the ladies are 18, while the members that will vote will be many many more. So, I don't think that one vote (their vore to themselves for example) would make the difference.

Nephili
14-01-06, 16:46
Yea i like choice number 1, i think we should go with that one! :)

Catlantean
14-01-06, 16:47
I'd say #1, because if we post the name and everyone can see who voted for who it might cause some disagreements between people ("I thought we were friends but you voted XYZ and not me" kind of thing). As for contestants voting for themselves...I suppose we'll have to trust them not to :)

Ampersand
14-01-06, 16:48
Plus, I want to vote for someone...and not myself. I have my own opinion who I think is the 'beauty' of the group...

I want to vote too...it would be good if participants can vote for other participants. Anonymously. :D

xMiSsCrOfTx
14-01-06, 16:49
As for contestants voting for themselves...I suppose we'll have to trust them not to :)

Hey Cat! :wve: I agree,but like Elen said, it won't make much of a difference if one single member votes for themself.

Melonie Tomb Raider
14-01-06, 16:52
Good point Elen. Even if all the participants did vote for themselves, it wouldn't make a difference.

I'm not voting for myself though. I'm stuck between two girls at the moment, but I'll definitely have it figured out by the time the poll is up. ;)

Catapharact
14-01-06, 16:58

Miss America Beauty pagents: Most of time are rigged ;).

But cheating on an online contest? Lol! Very unmanly guys.

Real Life Lara
14-01-06, 17:00
Well if we see that every single person has one vote within five minutes of the poll being opened it might be quite obvious... :p

ELEN
14-01-06, 17:08
Well if we see that every single person has one vote within five minutes of the poll being opened it might be quite obvious... :p

Good point :D

ELEN
14-01-06, 17:11
btw\ now that I make the pages with the participants... I noticed that all gilrls posted one pic, while the boys kept posting multiple pics of themselves. I have come to the conclusion that you are worse than us. You care about your beauty more that we do :D :vlol:

Catapharact
14-01-06, 17:15
You care about your beauty more that we do :D :vlol:

Well yeah! Women aren't the only one who like to look good ya know :p. You would be surprised as how many guys maintain themselves (*Cough.*) Man its a tough Job. Looking pretty doesn't comes easy :p.

xMiSsCrOfTx
14-01-06, 17:17
LOL! The guys did post more pictures than the girls did, I just saw. And guys think all women care about is beauty... :p :D

ELEN
14-01-06, 17:19
Man its a tough Job. Looking pretty doesn't comes easy :p.

Doh!!! I thought so :D :p

Pipolinne
14-01-06, 17:20
I prefer the first one.We have right to our privacy when voting;if the participants will vote or not on themselves,that's a decision only them can take.

Lol,Miss Croft,I was under that impression,but I didn't want to believe !!YES!!!

Jacob x5
14-01-06, 17:24
What is this thread about, exactly? :confused: Is it saying that all members will be able to create polls? I think the first one is good for privacy.

Catapharact
14-01-06, 17:24
Doh!!! I thought so :D :p

It gets testy sometimes though. This was the first comment I got on another forum I joined up with.

Originally posted by PacNW_CE:

Dude, Catapharact is one hot looking chick.

(Must find more beer....now)

Boy... That was bad Lol!. Now the peeps at that place won't let it go.

Neteru
14-01-06, 17:26
Man its a tough Job. Looking pretty doesn't comes easy :p.

I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say that we understand the hard time you have trying to make yourself look attractive. But rest assured, you have all our sympathies.

xMiSsCrOfTx
14-01-06, 17:27
Catapharact? A chick? What is going on?! :eek: :(

Catapharact
14-01-06, 17:29
I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say that we understand the hard time you have trying to make yourself look attractive. But rest assured, you have all our sympathies.

Really funny Net :p (or should I say spike Lol!)

Catapharact? A chick? What is going on?! :eek: :(

It was a Joke Misscroft ;). The man is quite the funny bone. However... I just wish he hadn't said that. It's now the new tagline around the forum.

xMiSsCrOfTx
14-01-06, 17:31
It was a Joke Misscroft ;). The man is quite the funny bone. However... I just wish he hadn't said that. It's now the new tagline around the forum.

Oh, I'm sorry! :o Do forgive me! :hug:

Jacob x5
14-01-06, 17:32
btw\ now that I make the pages with the participants... I noticed that all gilrls posted one pic, while the boys kept posting multiple pics of themselves. I have come to the conclusion that you are worse than us. You care about your beauty more that we do :D :vlol:

No, you've come to the conclusion that girls are more embarrased about revealing themselves. ;)

Catapharact
14-01-06, 17:35
Oh, I'm sorry! :o Do forgive me! :hug:

Oh no need to apologize Lol! It was quite the entertaing topic. It went from pretty boys to why too much alcohol ins't good for you Lol!

xMiSsCrOfTx
14-01-06, 17:37
It went from pretty boys to why too much alcohol ins't good for you Lol!

I bet that was... Interesting! :mis: :p

ELEN
14-01-06, 17:56
Originally posted by PacNW_CE:

Dude, Catapharact is one hot looking chick.

(Must find more beer....now)

Boy... That was bad Lol!. Now the peeps at that place won't let it go.

From where the heck did you quote this post? And who is PacNW_CE that I can't find?

Wizzy
14-01-06, 18:05

Yea we do care about our beauty alot lol we love to look good infront of others thats all lol :D ..well i know i do:jmp:

ELEN
14-01-06, 18:06
You know, I made this comment, because you always complain about the hours that we spend in front of the mirror. :D :p

Wizzy
14-01-06, 18:08
well we do complain but secretly we do it too lol...we always have to look in the mirror at least 3 times before going outside lol

Jacob x5
14-01-06, 18:11
well we do complain but secretly we do it too lol...we always have to look in the mirror at least 3 times before going outside lol

I don't. A quick comb of the hair and I'm done. :p

Catapharact
14-01-06, 18:12
From where the heck did you quote this post? And who is PacNW_CE that I can't find?

Not from this forum Eleni Babe ;).

Look here:

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums...183#6441073183

ELEN
14-01-06, 18:15
Not from this forum Eleni Babe ;).

Look here:

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums...183#6441073183

Holy **** Cat! You scared the hell out of me :D

Not good though :(

Errr..... where am I supposed to look? :confused: This forum summary page doesn't have an end :D Jesus! Too long :p

Catapharact
14-01-06, 18:23
Holy **** Cat! You scared the hell out of me :D

Not good though :(

Errr..... where am I supposed to look? :confused: This forum summary page doesn't have an end :D Jesus! Too long :p

Oops! I should have tested the link Lol!

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/4091020922/m/2951060173/r/6441073183#6441073183

BoyTRaider
14-01-06, 18:24
Just go with number one...I don't wanna get my feelings hurt. :ton: jk
Anyway, for various reasons - as Mel mentioned- number is probably the best choice.

BoyTRaider
14-01-06, 18:24
**Double Post**