PDA

View Full Version : Movies that made you cry.

Thorn
15-01-06, 01:38
List them:

Titanic
The Notebook
Pay It Forward
The Lion King
I Am Sam
Digging to China

Total gushers for me!!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/Thorny/emo/cry2.gif

Btw I just finished watching Digging to China again. Oh my gosh!

SpongeBob Lover
15-01-06, 02:12
OMG lion king made you cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!it would always make me cry when i was a kid and it still does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG OMG
sorry for the over exitment peple would make fun of me cause of that

well the movies that made me cry is:
the pianist
and i cant remember

Thorn
15-01-06, 02:15
Least you've got appreciation for such a good movie. :)

lita212
15-01-06, 02:20
gia
cruel intentions
my girl

and i cant think of ne more

MizzCroft007
15-01-06, 02:24
- Titanic
- The Lion King
- Selena
- Gorillas In The Midst
- Gia
- Beyond Borders

SpongeBob Lover
15-01-06, 02:25
hi miss croft havent seeen you in a long time!:wve:

Fugitive Lara
15-01-06, 02:31
Brokeback Mountain :(

lita212
15-01-06, 02:34
omg i soooo wanna see brokeback mountain looks ace plus love heath in 10 things i hate about you such a great film

Tramp
15-01-06, 03:16
Beaches
Titanic (All versions)
Flowers in the Attic

The Two Worlds of Jenny Logan - Starring Lindsay Wagner (The Bionic Woman) and Marc Singer - 1979 Jenny Logan has a husband she also has a lover, a lover from another century. Jenny Logan and her husband move into a new home. In the Attic she finds a dress from the 1800's. Whenever she puts on the dress she travels back in time. I have also read the book it is based on which was called 'Second Sight'.

Lady Hawk

Ghost

And so many others that I can't think of at the moment.

xMiSsCrOfTx
15-01-06, 03:46
Titanic
Girl, Interrupted
The Chronicles of Narnia (don't ask) :rolleyes:
A Walk To Remember
A.I. Artificial Intelligence

There are some others, but I can't even remember all of them right now. :(

Fugitive Lara
15-01-06, 04:13
Titanic
Girl, Interrupted
The Chronicles of Narnia (don't ask) :rolleyes:
A Walk To Remember
A.I. Artificial Intelligence

There are some others, but I can't even remember all of them right now. :(

ahaha :D I almost cried in Narnia too cos something hilarious happened to me, well it wasnt funny at the time but looking back on it, it is :whi:
had to make a stop at shoppers drug mart on the way home :o

Maureen Errant
15-01-06, 04:22
Well the Titanic certainly seems to be a tear-jerking hit.

I usually don't get emotional, but here are mine:

Titanic
Ghost
Braveheart
Cujo
Monster in law..............I laughed so hard I cried...........(does it count?):jmp:

Lonely Istari
15-01-06, 04:23
Braveheart - OMG I bawled when I first watched that!
Titanic
LotR: Return of the King
Little Women
The Notebook
Finding Neverland
Hanging Up
The Passion of the Christ

Hi Maureen Errant :wve: once again we meet late at night on TRF :D

*edit* I HAD to add the last one after I saw it in Melonie Tomb Raider's post. I can't belive I forgot it! I think that movie made me cry more than any movie in mankind!

Maureen Errant
15-01-06, 04:28
I bawl EVERYTIME I watch Braveheart..........and at the end of The Return of the King.

Hello Istari:wve: ................we have to stop meeting like this.............:jmp:

Melonie Tomb Raider
15-01-06, 04:35
The Apostle

The Passion of the Christ

My Dog Skip (Laugh it up!:mad:)

and that's all I can think of at the moment. Movies RARELY make me cry, but these did lol. Well, I didn't cry over "My Dog Skip", but I almost did, so I put it on the list. :p

Lonely Istari
15-01-06, 04:41
I bawl EVERYTIME I watch Braveheart..........and at the end of The Return of the King.

Hello Istari:wve: ................we have to stop meeting like this.............:jmp:

ah, but it's so much fun :jmp: :D :ton:

Tramp
15-01-06, 04:52
I forgot Braveheart and I don't know why as it was on TV last night and I watched it and I cried, yet again.

Maureen Errant
15-01-06, 05:00
Braveheart..........I've just about worn out my copy on vhs. Another one was Phantom of the Opera with Gerard Butler.......yum. Loved him in Cradle of Life as well.:D But I didn't cry.:jmp:

Hello Kate:wve:

Yes Istari.......cood clean fun:ton: :)

good........chicken fingers strike again.

Tramp
15-01-06, 05:09
You would think I would have remembered Braveheart Kate considering Mel is my 4th Cousin. Seriously. His Great Grandmother and my Great Grandmother were related, both Heffernan's.

Melonie Tomb Raider
15-01-06, 05:15
Mel is your 4th cousin? That is so cool! lol. :p

Lonely Istari
15-01-06, 05:18
You would think I would have remembered Braveheart Kate considering Mel is my 4th Cousin. Seriously. His Great Grandmother and my Great Grandmother were related, both Heffernan's.

:yik: WOW! that is sooo cool! I looooove Mel Gibson!

Maureen Errant
15-01-06, 05:20

Wow that's amazing:jmp: I once worked in a restaurant where the cook met him once in Victoria...........He was cooking in the restaurant where he was staying. This is just too cool. I would love to meet Gerard Butler....say down some dark alley one night....lol

Tramp
15-01-06, 05:51
Imagine the surprise I got whilst researching my family tree to find Mel in it.

Lonely Istari
15-01-06, 05:53
Maureen-

Holler! I go gaga for Gerard! *drools excessively* :jmp: I loooove his Scottish accent. yummmmmmm :cln: :cln:

We have some similar tastes, you and I.

Maureen Errant
15-01-06, 05:53
It would be like researching mine and finding Sean Connery:jmp:

especially considering my family's from Belgium.:p :p

Maureen Errant
15-01-06, 06:01
Watched a made for tv movie called Atilla and yup he played the Hun.......and was he a Hunny...............but the unfortunate thing is that he didn't have the accent, except for the odd vowel now and then. Guess they couldn't pass off a Scots for a Hun, huh:jmp:

Lonely Istari
15-01-06, 06:06
omg there is a pool of drool around me! haha I've never heard of Attila so I googled it and boy are there some yummmmy pictures! I am really liking him w/ the long hair and beard :cln:

Maureen Errant
15-01-06, 06:08
IT'S ON GOOGLE???????????????????????? I'll be right back:p

GodOfLight
15-01-06, 06:13
Billy Elliot made me cry

Lonely Istari
15-01-06, 06:15
IT'S ON GOOGLE???????????????????????? I'll be right back:p

lol :jmp:

or try this: http://www.gerardbutler.net

Maureen Errant
15-01-06, 06:26
Got so excited that I kicked myself off the internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I didn't know that he played Dracula..............video store here I come:jmp:
Definately will watch Beowulf and Grendel.........he does that shaggy look soooooooo well.:jmp:

Gibson and Butler..........only the best for us.;)

Stefan: who is Billy Elliot?

Lonely Istari
15-01-06, 06:40
Gibson and Butler..........only the best for us.;)

Ah yes! only the best! But that means I must include Eric Bana. Yyyyyyuuuummmmmm If you know who i'm talking about :D

*can not stop drooling*

Maureen Errant
15-01-06, 07:04
Eric Bana?????????????? and just to stay on topic, does he play a bad guy?;)

Kamrusepas
15-01-06, 07:27
The Sleepers.

Maureen Errant
15-01-06, 07:36
March of the Penguins..............this is for real tlr!:)

Tramp
15-01-06, 08:10
I remember Eric Bana all too well as a comedian and I can't get a picture of him as Ray Martin (Australian Current Affairs Host) out of my brain (he's wearing a plastic wig as Ray Martin's hair looks like it never moves) to picture him as a sex symbol.

Sean Connery just gets sexier as he ages and his accent is sooooo sexy.

scion05
15-01-06, 08:54
[QUOTE=Maureen Errant] Cujo QUOTE]

puppy!

erm titanics sad but not too sad

Kamrusepas
15-01-06, 09:08
Stefan: who is Billy Elliot?

It's a movie about an English boy who wants to do ballet when he should be working in a mine or something [haven't seen the movie myself] :wve:

[Answering on Stefan's behalf, because he's got other things to do atm :p]

Draco
15-01-06, 09:41
Sheesh, all I have in my bloodlines are Kings, Emperors, and Military Geniuses :(

:p

Mona Sax
15-01-06, 09:51
Schindler's List and POTO.

Real Life Lara
15-01-06, 10:07
Ghost :( It gets me every time :( Even the words 'ditto' get me all teary now... lol

Pablo.CT
15-01-06, 10:10
I have never cried off Movies, i have been made sad by a few.

-King Kong
-Bambi
-Lion King
and a couple of others i cant remember

AnthonyShock1515
15-01-06, 10:21
Bridget Jones

Satu
15-01-06, 10:25
The last move I cried in was Notebook.

Wizzy
15-01-06, 10:26
Titanic

That definately brought me to tears i was like a broken tap. Its just soooo sad :(

Hoshi
15-01-06, 10:27
the movies that made me cry quite hard were "titanic" (yeah, i know, kinda pathetic, but i was merely 12/13 years old when i watched the movie ^^), "the color purple" and "dancer in the dark" :(

Apofiss
15-01-06, 10:35
TLK ( such a long time ago >< )
Braveheart
Titanic
A Walk to Remember

Ampersand
15-01-06, 10:47
- The Lion King when I was younger. That bit when Mufasa dies. And of course the famous scene in Bambi when his mum is killed...I've kind of outgrown crying over Disney films, though.

- Any doggy movies where the dog dies. I'm not so affected when humans die, but if a dog is hurt I'm instantly in tears. :o

- Titanic, though I've only watched it a couple of times. On with the waterworks.

Can't think of many more...maybe The Lord of the Rings, especially towards the end of The Return of the King. And Aslan's death in The Chronicles of Narnia brought a tear to my eye...

:pi:

Kamrusepas
15-01-06, 10:48
Wow, I must be a really heartless person, but Titanic never made me cry.

Ampersand
15-01-06, 10:50

LOL, I cried at all the poor people dying, but cackled with glee when Jack died. :cln:

Satu
15-01-06, 10:54
LOL, I cried at all the poor people dying, but cackled with glee when Jack died. :cln:

And I thought I was the only one.

Ampersand
15-01-06, 10:55
I thought I was, too. I just don't like that baby-faced Leonardo. :pi: :D

Satu
15-01-06, 11:01
He didn't do it for me either.
My friends thought I had lost the plot when I started to crack up. :D
Hence, it didn't go down too well when they were all crying. :rolleyes:

Jacob x5
15-01-06, 11:05
Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind - It was so awful it made me cry... :p

...with laughter. :ton:

ChocChipCookie
15-01-06, 11:16
Lion King - Everytime I watch it I blub

Beaches - Saw this again yesterday - it still works!

Field of Dreams - The whole film gives me goosebumps, but when he meets his dad, the floodgates are wide open!

Titanic - Say no more

Nephili
15-01-06, 11:19
I dont believe ive ever cried watching a movie yet.

Lara's Backpack*
15-01-06, 11:21
Beaches- saw it when I was a kid- made me weep like a baby.
I didn't cry when Bambie's mother was shot, but I ALWAYS cry when watching Dumbo. When he goes to see his mother who's been locked away for defending him :(

Neteru
15-01-06, 12:09
'The Color Purple'. Every time. And I know it's not a film, but the closing scenes of the last episode of Six Feet Under had me sobbing.

Anubis_AF
15-01-06, 13:11
The way she was there for him, and the love they shared is pretty emotional.
And how it ended...

One of the best movies I've ever seen. I've watched it a thousand times.

Tramp
15-01-06, 13:12
ChocChipCookie you're right about the goosebumps with Field of Dreams. That was the first movie I ever saw Kevin Costner in and I loved it.

The Colour Purple is another one especially when her children come home.

Benji was another one and the Lassie movies.

Paulie was another.

Not a movie but the final episode of M.A.S.H.

Neteru
15-01-06, 13:28
The Colour Purple is another one especially when her children come home.

Yes, most especially that. And when Mister throws Celie's sister Nettie out of the house and she is saying "Nothing but death can keep me from here". But I think the strongest bit about that scene is a pure ad lib from the actress who played Nettie, when she simply cries/screams "Why?" So simple and yet so powerful.

Shay_xp
15-01-06, 13:44
i had lot of movies that made me cry... LOL

- Peter Jackson's King Kong
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Lion King (of course)
- Pokemon (i was about 6! and Ash almost died...)

and that's about all...

superstar
15-01-06, 14:06
i cry so easily in the movies so it is not really a challenge to make me cry but here are a few which really got meXD

-black beauty (that scene where beauty has a dream of ginger and sees what might have been instead of what they were experiencing at that time *starts to sob*)
-gladiator (is rome worth one good man's life???? lol)
-ayashi no ceres (series actually but i cried soo much at the end)
-lotr (but i cried in the books more i think...XD )
-where the red fern grows
-breakfast at tiffany's (the cat scene always gets me!)
-schindler's list
and finally the last samurai (the blossoms.. they are all perfect...)

Scottlee
15-01-06, 14:19
Titanic
Leon
Rocky
Empire of the sun
Gladiator
Edward Scissorhands.

-DEBUG
15-01-06, 14:19
Strangely, Day of the Dead, the part where Bub is released and he finds Dr. Logan dead in the freezer, and he has what can only be described as a tantrum, he cries and thrashes his chains around, the musics sad as well

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a199/-debug/PDVD_018copy.jpg

Bless his Undead soul

In case you haven't yet guessed, im a bit wierd :p

Scottlee
15-01-06, 14:31
Bub! :D :D

I remember that guy.

Day of the Dead could have been so much better. George Romero actually wrote a much longer screenplay for the film but the powers that be wouldn't give him the budget for it, so he had to trim it down into a 90 minute (or whatever) film that offered only the very basics of the original idea.

They re-made Dawn of the Dead recently, but I'll wager that most fans of the series would have preferred them to re-make Day of the Dead using the original screenplay that got lost.

-DEBUG
15-01-06, 14:44
Well according to imdb.com, They are remaking day, but it's a version of the shorter script they filmed :( Oh well, it turned out good anyway, talky, but still interesting.

George couldn't get the budget because the film would have to be a sure fire "R" rating, so the budget was cut in half. Consequently, script changes had to be made.

Draco
15-01-06, 14:58
Gone in 60 Seconds.

What they did to that car is inhuman. :(

Hoshi
15-01-06, 15:39

hehe, i guess I am the person who's really heartless as for example I have never cried watching romeo & juliet (you know, the baz luhrman version), though it's actually a pretty sad story...

superstar
15-01-06, 15:40
hehe, i guess I am the person who's really heartless as for example I have never cried watching romeo & juliet (you know, the baz luhrman version), though it's actually a pretty sad story...

i didnt cry at titanic or in romeo and juliet neither lolXD
actually the latter one bored me to death lol:P

Lara Croft Fan Joe
15-01-06, 15:42
A movie called 'Ghost' really gets to me, titanic does a little but not much

superstar
15-01-06, 15:55
ghoosttt omg i remmber myself sobbing over that one too... loving whoopi in every movie lol^^

disjointed
15-01-06, 16:03
I've cried during quite a few movies, but the newest ones I can remember at the movies are:

- The Chronicles of Narnia
- King Kong

Angel666
15-01-06, 17:47
Muareen: I would love to meet Gerard Butler....say down some dark alley one night....lol

Back off ladies. He's mine. Just check the avatar, lol. Maybe you could convince me to share though, lol.

Anyway, tearjerkers:

Phantom of the Opera: I would have stayed with him. Christene didn't know how good she had it.
Saving Private Ryan
The Constant Gardener
West Side Story: Mainly cause Gerardo died.
Bambi
Four Brothers
Titanic didn't make me cry. I laughed though.

saray
15-01-06, 18:20
e.t
king kong ( just watched it....my eyes are red :( )
titanic

Greenkey2
15-01-06, 18:22
* A.I
* The Return of The King (I cried when I'd finished the book too lol)

Er that's all I can think of right now...:o

FourBalls
15-01-06, 18:36
When it comes to movies, I'm very emotional.
Some films I have recently seen...
* King Kong (saw that in cinema)
* Paulie (today on TV)
* Space Cowboys

When I was little, I saw Lion King and it broke my heart :(

That's odd, but when I read "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" I cryed a bit in the end...That was sad too. Haven't cryed over a book before.

Henhead
15-01-06, 19:01
Edward Scissorhands

The Green Mile

In America

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Henhead/cry.gif

ben croft
15-01-06, 19:20
- Titanic
- Meet Joe Black
- The Million Dollar Hotel

Maureen Errant
15-01-06, 20:16
OMG hen I forgot The Green Mile...........great movie...........great book:)

SpongeBob Lover
15-01-06, 21:36
omg i forgot bambi made me crie also, poor mami

Lonely Istari
16-01-06, 00:48
I remember Eric Bana all too well as a comedian and I can't get a picture of him as Ray Martin (Australian Current Affairs Host) out of my brain (he's wearing a plastic wig as Ray Martin's hair looks like it never moves) to picture him as a sex symbol.

Ha! That is too funny. I LOVE funny guys, so this makes me like him even more!! I've never seen him in anything other than "Troy" which I absolutely loved! :cln: I fell in love with the character of Hector :hug: when I first read Homer's "Illiad". That was back when I was in Highschool. Anyway, I was VERY excited about the film. I didn't happen to cry when I watched it, though I was VERY sad to see Hector die.:( Through the whole movie I already knew what was comming so, maybe that's why I didnt cry. I probably would have, had I not already known the story.

Maureen- No, he doesn't play a bad guy in "Troy". I dont know of many other movies he's in though. But I have seen some commercials for "Munich" (which I can't wait to see :jmp: ) and he is in that too. Here are some pics of him if you're wondering:

http://www.boxofficeprophets.com/images2/troy051604.jpg
http://images.hollywood.com/images/4_1719627.jpg
http://parangaricutirimicuaro.blogspot.com/usatoday01.jpg

ahhhh such sexiness :mis:

regga
16-01-06, 00:51
The Awakening, did'nt make me cry ;) but it was very sad. Also as other people have mentioned The Green Mile & The Colour Purple :)

TheEveningStar
16-01-06, 00:58
The Passion of the Christ almost made me cry, i got emotional but i tried hard not to cry.

Tramp
16-01-06, 01:08
Tell me you could consider this man as a sex symbol. I just can't get this picture out of my mind.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/Tramp1/fullfrontal01.jpg

You may like to check out this link for other pictures of him in Full Frontal.

http://www.spybroken.com/bana/photos/tv/fullfrontal/fullfrontal.php

Lonely Istari
16-01-06, 01:14
:vlol: :vlol: OMG that is so funny!!! Thank you, Tramp, for sharing that picture. Ok, you are right. If I had seen that instead of seeing him in Troy I would definitely have a different opinion of him. However, I do love funny men like guys from Saturday Night Live (Jimmy Fallon, Adam Sandler) So, who knows? lol

xMiSsCrOfTx
16-01-06, 01:15
Tell me you could consider this man as a sex symbol. I just can't get this picture out of my mind.

Whoa... Not really! Who is that? :confused: :D His hair looks amazingly plastic.

Tramp
16-01-06, 01:16
Eric Bana as as Australian tv Current Affairs Host called Ray Martin.

xMiSsCrOfTx
16-01-06, 01:17
Wow, really? I didn't recognize him! :o :p

Lonely Istari
16-01-06, 01:21

:vlol: I'm still laughing at that pic. The plastic hair is just great. :D

OMG This one is even funnier!! http://www.spybroken.com/bana/pics/tv/fullfrontal/fullfrontal02.jpg

hahaha he looks hideous!! I love him! hahaha

thanks for the link, Tramp!!

But, IMO he's so sexy as himself!

http://www.spybroken.com/bana/pics/mag/0601instyle02.jpg

Maureen Errant
16-01-06, 01:29
Thanks Istari for the pics..........the last one was the best.........watched Troy but it didn't click, ya know.
OMG Kate..............I wouldn't have recognized him with that hair. WHAT HAVE THEY DONE?:D

Tramp
16-01-06, 01:35
Before he really made it in films he was a comedian mainly on a show called Full Frontal. This was before he made Black Hawk Down and The Hulk.

TheEveningStar
16-01-06, 01:35
o yeah and Forrest Gump.

TheEveningStar
16-01-06, 01:36
the hulk was an awful movie.

Lonely Istari
16-01-06, 01:37
^ never saw it. It just looked to stupid for me.

xMiSsCrOfTx
16-01-06, 01:40
I believe Forrest Gump made me cry too. It was a really powerful story. :(

SpongeBob Lover
16-01-06, 03:23
I believe Forrest Gump made me cry too. It was a really powerful story. :(
it cry also, the part that would upset me is the part when the kids would throw rocks at him

Lonely Istari
16-01-06, 04:54
it cry also, the part that would upset me is the part when the kids would throw rocks at him

I always cried at the end when Forrest was talking to Jenny in her grave about Forrest Jr. and how smart he was. :( sooo sad

Maureen Errant
16-01-06, 05:26
Never seen Forrest Gump. that's with Tom Hanks right? I usually try to stay away from tear jerkers. I'm much more into action flicks................preferably with a nice bod or two to look at................................Hello Istari :wve:

Back together .............again.:hug:

Kamrusepas
16-01-06, 05:27
I haven't seen Forrets Gump either. Everyone's always telling me to see it, that it's a must-see and all, but from what I've heard, it doesn't really sound like my kinda movie...

Kiss-Bite
16-01-06, 05:37
The Color Purple
E.T
Titanic
A.I
Peter Jackson's King Kong
Steel Magnolias
Boys Don't Cry
Schindlers List
Beaches
What's Eating Gilbert Grape

Maureen Errant
16-01-06, 05:41
Lorien, in another thread mentioned the Gladiator. :) That was an incredibly moving show. Have to rent it again.

Lonely Istari
16-01-06, 05:43
Never seen Forrest Gump. that's with Tom Hanks right? I usually try to stay away from tear jerkers. I'm much more into action flicks................preferably with a nice bod or two to look at................................Hello Istari :wve:

Back together .............again.:hug:

Hello Maureen :wve: Fancy meeting you here :whi: :hug:

p.s. yes that is w/ Tom Hanks. I had a professor at my last University that looked and sounded just like tom Hanks! it was crazy cool!

Maureen Errant
16-01-06, 06:19
What were you taking in University Istari? I always wanted to be an archeologist and dig in the dirt and guess what.................for another 800 posts or so I'll be one. lol

Lonely Istari
16-01-06, 06:22
He was my professor for Bible: New Testament. It was a very interesting class. I really enjoyed it!

*edit* 500 posts yay! :jmp:

Maureen Errant
16-01-06, 06:26
WOW. Never had the chance to go the university.

a. to far to go.
b. finances
c. married to young.

I've often thought, especially now that I am on line again about taking some courses that way. Gotta check into that:) .

Lonely Istari
16-01-06, 06:29
I've been going back to college on and off. It's really hard to go back once you get used to life after school. But I'm doin' it and I'm proving everyone who said I'd never go back wrong! :D I'm taking Visual Communication and Design: Illustration at the nearest college here. I start on tuesday! wish me luck!! :tmb:

Maureen Errant
16-01-06, 06:36
The very bestest of luck Istari:hug:

Does that mean you'll have homework and we won't see you as much:(

Lonely Istari
16-01-06, 06:40
Thanks Maureen!! :hug:

But that's quite a possibility :( I'll have to get up early in the mornings, so I shouldn't be up so late at night anymore. But I am such a night owl that I'll probably be getting on here anyway! hehe

Maureen Errant
16-01-06, 06:48
Great...............it'll take a while to get in the swing of it. I'm a night owl too...........although I had a job once where I had to get up a 4 am and I did it. Didn't like it but hey?;)

Lonely Istari
16-01-06, 06:49
wow! 4 am is usually about the time I go to bed! haha I wouldn't be very good at that job!!

Maureen Errant
16-01-06, 06:59
ditto..........although once i was there it was okay.:p

JamesFKirk
16-01-06, 08:00
Not exactly cry (as a guy a can't afford that, can I? ;) ) but there were a several tears at the end of the movie Hero. Can't do otherwise then recommend it. Seen it several times and still can watch it again.