PDA

View Full Version : Britain Slave Trade

Lavinder
15-01-06, 11:18
I cannot find nothing to do with mortality rates on the voyage, and for my book I need them. I need charts and notes. Can anyone help me please?

Neteru
15-01-06, 13:01
It would help if people knew what voyage you meant.

Lavinder
15-01-06, 18:22
I dont know, It just says on my task sheet from my teacher : Notes and charts to show mortality (death) rates on board. Could somone give me an average ?

Thankyou.

Jacob x5
15-01-06, 18:24
Teachers like to make no sense whatsoever. It makes it harder. ;)

Lavinder
15-01-06, 18:31
Yeah, I can do everything else but that. All the othe tasks are time consuming and I am not in the mood.

Neteru
15-01-06, 18:35
Tut tut tut. Sounds to me like you should have been paying attention because the question presumes you've studied something. And someone else just telling you an average isn't you doing your homework, especially when you're not in the mood.

Try googling.

*must do better.

Lavinder
15-01-06, 18:56
Lol, This is a debt study meaning we have to find out all the information by ourselves to do a book. We did not study this subject before. And I prefer to do my work when I am in the mood so I can make a better job of it. :)

Greenkey2
15-01-06, 19:05
I know that if did all of my work only when I felt good about it I might never do any! ;) I know it's a pain in the :cen: but try disciplining yourself to do some work regardless how you feel. It does work eventually :).

If you're still stumped for info try asking your teacher for more specific guidelines. As Net has said, it would help if you knew which voyages they are talking about - the British have done a hell of a lot of sea travel! ;)

Lavinder
15-01-06, 19:12
Already I have done
Chapter heading page (hand coloured and drawn)
Story of slave ship zong
A Cross section of slave ship (now allowed to do stick-men so had to do hundreds of fricking bodies)
A written description of conditions of board using a variety of source material.
A sketch of a slave ship (I did it poster sized in water paints)So i'm a bit dry.

saray
15-01-06, 19:14
try going on the bbc webiste because that helps me....and happy birthday! omg i havent done anything!! when did you start?

Neteru
15-01-06, 19:18
A written description of conditions of board using a variety of source material.

Well those sources should also tell you about death rates, because deaths would figure in the conditions, significantly I would say.

Greenkey2
15-01-06, 19:19
Wow that's a great start! :eek: I didn't realise you had already done so much :o. Good luck with the rest of the article :wve:

Lavinder
15-01-06, 19:21
Oooooooooo, Thanks! But you are too late i already found a chart :D

Thanks to all the members telling me literally to get off my butt.

Greenkey2
15-01-06, 19:29
You're welcome ;)

http://fool.exler.ru/sm/shv.gif

Neteru
15-01-06, 19:31
Well done! :tmb: I've just been looking at some stuff. Now you've found something, I'll tell you what I found. Two different figures of an estimated death rate, overall, of 13% and the other which was 1 in 5, which of course is 20%.

Lavinder
15-01-06, 19:44
Oh my, thanks for the extra info. :D

Now all i need is to try and work out how to make a chart :o

Neteru
15-01-06, 19:48
Well I'm not telling you how to do that! :mad: :D

Lavinder
15-01-06, 19:52
Its my birthday, tell the birthday girl how to make charts using a program :p

Neteru
15-01-06, 20:12
Birthday's curry no favour with me missy. *cracks whip* Now get to work.

:D

Just make a table in your office program.

Lavinder
15-01-06, 20:58
I used a "Creat a graph" website instead :)

Oooo, whip :mis: