PDA

View Full Version : If you could...

xMiSsCrOfTx
15-01-06, 22:35
...Travel back in time to any year or era, when would it be? I would have to say the 1980's, because they were mostly fun. The clothes and fashion, and the music made it a fun era. :wve:

Thorn
15-01-06, 22:36
I'd choose the 1980's too. I'd definately fit into the punk rock era.

superstar
15-01-06, 22:37
definitely to renaissance... i always change my mind about my answers to this question, but i am almost sure i would love to be a part of such a powerful wind of change and progressXD *puts her textbook back in the shelf where it belongs* and to be able to get to know those artists.... o,O

and well i would love to see 1890-1960s japan too^^

Kamrusepas
15-01-06, 23:03
Ancient Egypt :D

tlr online
15-01-06, 23:16
April 10, 1912. The day Titanic sailed. I'll never let go Jack. :wve:

Kamrusepas
15-01-06, 23:19
I'll never let go Jack. :wve:

:vlol:

TheEveningStar
15-01-06, 23:21
so many times, the rome empire times sounds interesting, all the greek myths, troy... too many to chose from... ugh im the kind of person that u cant make them chose between two things they want cause they want both really bad :p

April 10, 1912. The day Titanic sailed. I'll never let go Jack. :wve::vlol:

Thorn
15-01-06, 23:26
:mad: That was a sad moment! *runs and cries*

lita212
15-01-06, 23:28
i wud go bk to wen the earth was created just to see wot actually happend cause i dont believe adam and eve created everyone otherwise we wud be all brothers and sisters

Draco
15-01-06, 23:34
brothers and sisters

That is ultimately what everyone is.

robson001
15-01-06, 23:35
Very interesting topic.
I believe traveling back in time is everyone's secret dream (at least it's mine). All the possibilities... meeting someone you admire, seeing ancient civilizations, fixing things you done wrong :whi: ... oh my, better not even think, it brings some kind of frustration for being stuck in the timeline.

I must agree with xMiSsCrOfTx and Thorn, the 80's were so darn fun... too bad I was a little child then, I'd really love to have lived that age - in the complete meaning of the word; all I remember from then is, my old Nintendo *teary eyes* and watching Jaspion every morning.

But what I'd really like is, getting back to the time of ancient civilizations. Egypt, Roman Empire, Greece... oh man, I'd love that. Oh, and also have a word or two with da Vinci (my idol).

Hmmm, just felt like watching Back to the Future :)

BX16v
15-01-06, 23:38
Hopothetically, as I don't subscribe to the concept of time travel, I'd go back to the time just when the age of humans began so that I could see this planet in its natural state.

Tramp
15-01-06, 23:45
There are so many times that I would like to go back to.

I preferred the 1970's to the 1980's so I wouldn't mind going back to the 70's. Another period I would like to go back to is the late 1800's around the 1870's and 1880's as I would love to meet my relatives. My Great Grandparents and Great Aunties and Uncles and also my Great Great Rellies.

Catlantean
15-01-06, 23:45
Ancient Egypt. Their tombs and temples look stunning even now, after millenia of decay - just imagine what they must've looked like while they were used and maintained. The most beautiful civilization ever.

From the more recent history, the Art Noveau period (early 20th century). Very beautiful as well.

I'd also like to see the dark medieval (13th/14th century). Ugliness at its worst, only so that I could appreciate the beauty more :)

xMyrax
16-01-06, 00:38
Not sure...But id love to go back to the 70's! :D Style baby! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/icons/icon6.gif

:vlol: :vlol: I would go back then and stop it from drowning :vlol:

Camera Obscura
16-01-06, 01:11
I'm not really sure, maybe Ancient Greece or Egypt. Or maybe as far back as the dinosaurs to see the REAL Jurassic Park.

One thing's for sure, my secret dream is to travel FORWARD in time and get me a copy of TR Legend! :ton:

Spitfire
16-01-06, 01:23
I would probably go back to the time angelina jolie was 16 that way we would be the same age and i could be with her!

Geck-o-Lizard
16-01-06, 01:25
I'd go back to 1969 so I could attend Woodstock '69. ;)

Maureen Errant
16-01-06, 02:45
England 1140 (or there abouts)
Town of Shrewsbury.

Always been interested in the Middle Ages.:)

Genocide
16-01-06, 03:33
id probably go back to the late 1800's and hunt down Jack the Ripper...and probably get killed for interfering with his "work"
Or i could travel back further and show people some of our mordern day technology...and get burnt at the stake
OR go back to te night of November 5th 1605 when Guy Fawkes was going to destroy the houses of parliment, and blow the buggers up myself, just to see what it would've looked like
But if i had the option to go back in time id say NO!!, for id probably get drunk and end up hittiing on my great, great, great, great. great, great, great, great, great grandmother....

Lonely Istari
16-01-06, 06:05
How funny! I was going to start this exact topic! :pi:

I would go back to the early 1800's in England. Like the days of Jane Austen's stories. I love the clothing and the propriety. Everyone was so mannered and well kept. And all the women had to worry about was "who am I going to marry?" :p

Maureen Errant
16-01-06, 06:11
The problem with that Istari is not who you would marry but, who your father CHOSE for you to marry.............not my cup of tea at all.......he might have looked like Gerard Butler and then what would I have done...........hold on..................maybe it would have been a good thing for daddy to pick,eh? lol

Genocide: your many greats grandmother:yik: ........................well she might have looked like Angelina hehehe

Lonely Istari
16-01-06, 06:21
That is true Maureen. But arranged marriages weren't always the case in that time. At least to my knowledge (and trust me: I'm no history expert :p ) But most of the time they were encouraged to go for the wealthy men. And if you were poor you were REALLY encouraged to go for the wealthy men. But if you were poor that really decreased your chances of getting a wealthy man. So, it wouldn't have been as easy as some would presume. If you read books about women in that time, it really seems rough. So much heartbreak and high hopes being shattered. There was so much pressure on them about how well to marry. It really makes you feel bad for them.

I still love the era though and if Daddy chose Gerard for me I would be perfectly fine :D :jmp:

Maureen Errant
16-01-06, 06:29
I agree. Having someone decide what I do my whole life, whether it's a father, brother, husband, or guardian, I would, from this vantage point, seriously have to smack someone in the kisser if they tried to do that to me.
Mind you if I grew up in that time I wouldn't know any better. It would be the norm.:)

lorien elf
16-01-06, 06:32
Hehe, I'd have to go back in time where they had music...many choices of it and a way for women to read literature, or else I'd die. Plus, I couldnt dare venture to a time when people thought they'd die if they took a bath of where they didn't wash their hands or even have hand sanitizer! Hehe, but um I agree, ancient Egypt would so be worth seeing, of course, it depends when you go. Me thinks I'd like to go back to Queen Hatshepsut's reign. I hope I spelled that correctly. But it's so true, seeing Egypt at its height at any point would have been the greatest, to see the Temples and Monuments in their best shape... the style of dress and way of living...it would have been awesome. And ancient China! woot! or Japan. Hehe, many things to see but few I"d like to be a part of. :) Hunting down Jack the Ripper could be fun though...hehe.

Maureen Errant
16-01-06, 06:37
Morning Lorien:) I too would like to go back ot ancient Egypt. What is it with that culture and time that seems to pull most people. I wouldn't mind going back if I could go as a well paid concubine.....think of all the different important men would could meet. I sure wouldn't want to go back as a slave....or be stuck in a harem. (wrong culture???). I'd like to have the maximum freedom possible and neither slaves nor princesses had any.:)

Lonely Istari
16-01-06, 06:52
But it's so true, seeing Egypt at its height at any point would have been the greatest, to see the Temples and Monuments in their best shape... the style of dress and way of living...it would have been awesome.

The way you just described that made my heart flutter! How breathtaking it be to see something like that! Oh how I wish time-travel was possible! :mad:

Maureen Errant
16-01-06, 07:11
I know, but think of all the research it would involve. Remember all the trouble they had in Timeline. Knowing me I would give the eye to the wrong guy and end up in pieces somewhere. lol

Lonely Istari
16-01-06, 07:26
Haha! Just don't bring any up-to-date coins with you! (if you've ever seen Somewhere In Time..... you'll know what I mean!) :D

"RICHAAAAAAAAARD!!!!!!!!"

Maureen Errant
16-01-06, 07:44
or glasses
or watches
or a camera
or anything with zippers....like your backpack
or a FORK
velcro sneakers
tube tops
colored contacts....they'll really get you for this one
lucky computer chip that you carry in your pocket
switchblade........although on second though they might like this one
credit cards..............can't use 'em anyway
feminine hygiene products..............they'll burn you at the stake
anything with elastic........................................... .........

BE SAFE......................GO NAKED:ton:

Lonely Istari
16-01-06, 07:47
:vlol: :vlol: heheheheheh I don't know how safe it would be to be naked and suddenly show up in a historic setting! They would call you a witch and have you killed! hahaha

Maureen Errant
16-01-06, 07:50
Well....................if they were really primitive you could always convince them that you were a GODDESS.:p

Lonely Istari
16-01-06, 07:52
Genius! :vlol:

Maureen Errant
16-01-06, 07:56
Think of it............................a goddess...............your pick of.......oops, didn't they sacrifice the best guy/girl to a corn god or something.:jmp:

Lonely Istari
16-01-06, 08:11
Yikes! not good!................on to plan B then.... :vlol:

Maureen Errant
16-01-06, 08:13
Plan B................................QUICK!!!! what's plan B?:confused:

Lonely Istari
16-01-06, 08:16
abort the nakedness! get some costume clothing before you go! :D
:jmp:

Maureen Errant
16-01-06, 08:20
Gotcha.................but no zippers, elastic, velcro, etal.....................hey and no dyed hair either:(

Tramp
16-01-06, 08:20
Istari, Somewhere in Time that's the movie with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour isn't it. That is a very similar movie to The Two Worlds of Jenny Logan that I mentioned in the other thread. That ones a tear jerker too.

Tramp
16-01-06, 08:23
They did have hair die back in Ancient Egypt, they used to use Henna.

Lonely Istari
16-01-06, 08:24
It is that very movie, Tramp. :wve: I've never heard of 'The Two Worlds of Jenny Logan' though! If it is similar to Somewhere in Time then I think I need to see it! ;) :jmp:

Maureen Errant
16-01-06, 08:25
Love Jane Seymour........................

off topic I know but...............Kate we are going to have to co-ordinate times better...........you get on and I'm signing off.

OKAY lt's sychronize our watches.......one,two,three.:hug: G'night:hug:

Lonely Istari
16-01-06, 08:29
Good night, Kate & Kate :wve: :hug:

Tramp
16-01-06, 08:37
That's the problem with being in the bottom half of the world. I have also been out most of the afternoon. I got an urgent phone call yesterday from a friend. He had put the deadlock on the back fly screen door and lay down for a nap. When he went to go outside again the key wouldn't work. The lock was stuffed. So I had to go round and break into his house to get him out. He is not at all mechanically minded so I have spent most of the afternoon obtaining and fitting a new locking system on the back door. These new ones are more modern than the old ones I have fitted before and had some problems with the secondary deadlock.

Istari it's based on the book Second Sight. The guy who wrote the book also wrote the screenplay for the movie. Lindsay Wagner and Marc Singer are the leads. Jenny and her husband buy an old Victorian house trying to patch up their shakey marriage. Jenny finds an old dress in the Attic with a tear in the sleeve. She gets the dress repaired and every time she puts it on she travels back till just before the turn of the century (1900 that is). It is a great movie one that is sure to send chills up and down the spine.

JamesFKirk
16-01-06, 09:23
28th October 1918. To see how it was like when my country finally gained independence. Also, I love the era :D

Quiver.
16-01-06, 10:06
I'd choose the 1980's too. I'd definately fit into the punk rock era.

I tottally go with this statement :)

Nephili
16-01-06, 11:22
Hmm im not sure, ive heard alot of good ideas here, like the 1980's or Ancient Egypt.

Ooooo i know! The 1960's! Far out!

Neteru
16-01-06, 13:37
I've said this before, the last time we had this topic. I would like to go back to the court of Elizabeth I.

Angel_14
16-01-06, 14:54
I would go back to 2001 and warn core design and Eidos, to make AoD better, because they gonna fall with that game.... ;):p

ben croft
16-01-06, 17:44
...Travel back in time to any year or era, when would it be? I would have to say the 1980's, because they were mostly fun. The clothes and fashion, and the music made it a fun era. :wve:

Me too. :tmb:

Neteru
16-01-06, 17:49
I would have to say the 1980's, because they were mostly fun. The clothes and fashion, and the music made it a fun era. :wve:

I would agree with you up to about 1985/6, generally speaking.

Anubis_AF
16-01-06, 18:24
Around 13th century. Reading a fiction story about some characters in that time, made me more interested :tmb:

Ancient Egypt would be my second choise.

Neteru
16-01-06, 18:51
Around 13th century. Reading a fiction story about some characters in that time, made me more interested :tmb:

My guess is that you'd enjoy Umberto Eco's The Name of the Rose.

Maureen Errant
16-01-06, 19:36
Watch the movie..............the lead is played by Sean Connery. Enjoyed it very much.

Ampersand
16-01-06, 19:39
Either the Tudor or Elizabethan era, I think. Their clothing and lifestyle fascinates me.

Or even better, medieval England, complete with mud and blood. I love their weaponry. :D

Neteru
16-01-06, 20:00
Watch the movie..............the lead is played by Sean Connery. Enjoyed it very much.

I've had it on DVD for quite a while now. One of my favourites. :tmb:

scion05
16-01-06, 20:37
n she does lol

hmmmm 70*s to 80s so i can dance booogies*

LaRaMaster
16-01-06, 20:49
1996 Would be fine to me , enjoy the TR domination agian !

Angel666
16-01-06, 20:56
The 70's man. I've always felt that I'm from the wrong generation. Or the 1930's Japan and study the Era of the Geisha. Or maybe back in the 40's so I could meet my grandmother when she was younger. Or in the late 1880's to meet my Great Grandparent, John Costin. My grandmother wrote a book about him. Anyway, Or I would like to go to the Women's Rights movement. Or i would like to march to Washington to See Martin Luther King Jr. Deliver his speech.

Lonely Istari
16-01-06, 21:35
Istari it's based on the book Second Sight. The guy who wrote the book also wrote the screenplay for the movie. Lindsay Wagner and Marc Singer are the leads. Jenny and her husband buy an old Victorian house trying to patch up their shakey marriage. Jenny finds an old dress in the Attic with a tear in the sleeve. She gets the dress repaired and every time she puts it on she travels back till just before the turn of the century (1900 that is). It is a great movie one that is sure to send chills up and down the spine.

I would love to see it! :jmp: Perhaps I'll try to rent it sometime in the near future! :D

Maureen Errant
16-01-06, 21:49
Either the Tudor or Elizabethan era, I think. Their clothing and lifestyle fascinates me.

I used to be a member of the S.C.A. Society for Creative Anachronism. I've been dressed in Tudor or Elizabethan clothing....................breathing is difficult...........bending over almost impossible. But it was fun........watching wars......knights in armour clanking...chivalry....it was great..........knights and dukes calling you My Lady. Unfortunately I've moved too far away. I really miss it.:)

Or even better, medieval England, complete with mud and blood. I love their weaponry. :D

Seeing guys bashing each other is a lot of fun. I used to do archery. We were called Lights as apposed to the knights which were called Heavies. Jeeze I wish my local chapter still existed.:(

OPPS part of my post is in your quote Istari.

GodOfLight
16-01-06, 21:53
Ancient Egypt :D

Tramp
16-01-06, 21:57
Istari apparently it is something of a collectors item and to buy the movie is expensive. The book is hard to get also.