PDA

View Full Version : Pet peeves

Geck-o-Lizard
16-01-06, 18:39
List your pet peeves - those tiny little insignificant everyday things that unfailingly get on your nerves. :hea:

For me:
Losing my keys.
Dropping something on the floor and it just spontaneously disappears.
Starts raining soon as I step outside to walk somewhere.
Split-second powercuts that are just enough to make your computer restart.
Crying/whining kids. I WAS NEVER A KID, I NEVER DID THAT! O_O
People who shout "HI!" into their mobile phone in the middle of the street, and everyone turns round to look at them, wondering if it's someone they know hailing them.
Bad songs on the radio. I don't just mean songs I don't like, I mean "I'm a Barbie girl!" halfway through my favourite drum & bass show or something.
Windows going "bing" when I'm halfway through a long recording.
Pen running out of ink halfway through the day.
CD player running out of batteries right at the start of a long trip.
People who draw little crosses, circles or hearts instead of dots over their i's and j's.
Hearing the mains hum when I'm trying to sleep.

Laras Backpack
16-01-06, 18:46
Starts raining soon as I step outside to walk somewhere.
Bad songs on the radio. I don't just mean songs I don't like, I mean "I'm a Barbie girl!" halfway through my favourite drum & bass show or something.

Yep!
I'll add: inconsiderate people. Like the people who leave mess in the kichens, bathrooms and toilets that we have to share in halls here at uni! :hea:
People who ask 'what are you reading?' when I'm reading a book. Ok, it's nice to take an interest- But I'm reading!!! You're bothering me!

Nephili
16-01-06, 18:47
Ill have to agree with losing my keys.
When someone is ringing me on my mobile phone and i cant find it but i can hear it.
People letting me down for stupid reasons.

Another one which happened the other day, i went into a fast food type restaurant and i ordered something with my friend Roxy, and there was these girls who sat there looked at us and said, "Oh i would never order that, its far too fattening for me, i cant believe they can eat that rubbish"

Loud rude customers in shops.
Immature kids/teenagers/adults.

There are lots more, But i cant think of them at the time!

Maureen Errant
16-01-06, 18:48
/7Oh my Geck :wve: that's quite a list. mine is going into a public toilet when you really need to use it and it looks (and smells ) kinda iffy.:D

_Mica_
16-01-06, 18:50

:vlol:

Well, loads of things get on my nerves...

People in cars that drive through puddles on the road, knowing that the water will hit me. Happened today on the way back from school.
Losing the TV buttons
The stupid drunk people that walk past in the middle of the night shouting really load (I live close to a pub :rolleyes:)
Hearing someone eating crisps or anything that crunches.... Just disgusting.
Lots more, but my mind is completely blank...

Oh wait, would annoying sisters be counted? :D

Neteru
16-01-06, 18:57
PMSL! Oh I just cracked up when I read that Geck. Classic. :vlol:

Hearing the mains hum when I'm trying to sleep.
Drives me spare! I'm really sensitive to low frequencies too, so if there's anything, anywhere in the house or outside humming, I can hear it. RIGHT IN THE CENTRE OF MY BRAIN :hea:

Kamrusepas
16-01-06, 19:08

Me neither [I've verified this from my mother]. I just don't understand why people have to drag their small kids into places like the bank, the library etc..

ChocChipCookie
16-01-06, 19:18
The very worst ones for me:

Not being able to sleep, looking at the clock every 15 mins, and when you do eventually start to drop off it's time to get up! :hea:

People who snore - LOUDLY! They're asleep, I'm not - it's not fair!! :hea:

Yes, I do like my sleep :D

Maureen Errant
16-01-06, 19:18
ESPECIALLY THE LIBRARY:hea: ..................get a sitter.

I'm sure there's lots more, but my brain is fried from lack of sleep.

Neteru
16-01-06, 19:19
Now I think on, I guess my major pet peeve amongs rather too many to list here, is when people say or write:

You can't have your cake and eat it.

Grrr, makes me so :mad: :D It's:

You can't eat your cake and have it.

Geck-o-Lizard
16-01-06, 19:21
People using colours I can't read.

Drives me spare! I'm really sensitive to low frequencies too, so if there's anything, anywhere in the house or outside humming, I can hear it. RIGHT IN THE CENTRE OF MY BRAIN

I leave my computer on all night, and it's in my bedroom. I just play some quiet drummy music in Winamp or leave the radio on quiet to mask the fans' hum. If I turn the puter off, I can hear the quieter but more annoying hum from my speakers - if I turn those off, I can hear the even quieter yet more annoying hums from the various adapters and chargers dotted about my room.

...I just lost the 'W' key from my laptop's keyboard - see peeve 2 of my first post - and until I find it I can't play any games as they all require I use W to run forwards. Arg.

Geck-o-Lizard
16-01-06, 19:22
You can't have your cake and eat it.

Grrr, makes me so :mad: :D It's:

You can't eat your cake and have it.
They can't of meant it!

...I hate that bit of misused cliche as well. It's can't have or can't've, not can't of. I scream silently every time I read it.

Here's another:
You're so hungry and so desperate to eat that hot, fresh pizza, that you burn the top of your mouth on the first bite (damned cheese) and you have to eat the rest of it gingerly.

Neteru
16-01-06, 20:01
People using colours I can't read.

:ton:

Geck-o-Lizard
16-01-06, 20:03
You know something? There's only two people here using hard-to-read colours, and that's you and Anubis, and you're both mods. :p

Neteru
16-01-06, 20:18
That's not true. You're judging from the theme you are using. There are others. :p

SlinkyRaider
16-01-06, 20:23
-Nails on chalkboards
-People talking EXTREMELY loud on their cell phones
-People kicking the back of my movie theater chair :p

Geck-o-Lizard
16-01-06, 20:23
From what I can see, you to are the only ones still using a custom font and text colour - everyone else got bored fast. I suppose I should give you credit for not giving up. :p ;)

Neteru
16-01-06, 20:44
LOL. I already changed it once to try to please one person, and then again to try to please everyone, but the fact is, I can't. http://neteru.tombraiderforums.com/images/Dunno.gifSo I'm pleasing myself. :D

Angel666
16-01-06, 20:48

Me too. I HATE little kids. I am never having kids. EVER. I never made public scenes either.

A few of mine:

When my SHIFT key sticks and I don't realize it until I've written like two lines.
People who burp or fart in public. It's disgusting.
Rude people.
Preps that think they are above everyone else.
Having to defend my religion.
When people mispronounce words. Especially things like Woof instead of Wolf and they don't have a speech impediment. I have to stop people in the middle and correct them so alot of people think I am a know it all.
PeOpLe WhO tYpE lIkE tHiS. 0r 1n 1337. 134rn 70 7y93 n0rm411y. OR IN ALL CAPITALS.
White girls pretending to be African American.

Anubis_AF
16-01-06, 20:50
You know something? There's only two people here using hard-to-read colours, and that's you and Anubis, and you're both mods. :p

Where did you get that idea?? :cln:

I've written more than 6,000 posts in ordinary font when we had InfoPop. I have some catching up to do! :D :p

Neteru
16-01-06, 21:00
PeOpLe WhO tYpE lIkE tHiS. 0r 1n 1337. 134rn 70 7y93 n0rm411y.

I have to say, whenever I see that my eyes roll.

Geck-o-Lizard
16-01-06, 21:03
People who burp or fart in public. It's disgusting.
Hey. Better than the silent ones. At least when you hear it, you've got time to run before the smell hits. :mis:

I have to say, whenever I see that my eyes roll.
I've seen some people who *actually* type like that. All. The. Time. And they think they're cool because of it.

Neteru
16-01-06, 21:14
You know what, I'm really surprised no 'bright spark' has designed a leet keyboard yet.

*runs to the patent office before someone steals his idea*

Geck-o-Lizard
16-01-06, 21:28
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6404/1337keyboard6pz.jpg

Neteru
16-01-06, 21:31
LOL. Good fake though.

Tramp
16-01-06, 23:17
Kids pushing trolleys in supermarkets and running into your ankles.
People in supermarkets that take up the whole isle and go slow and don't like moving over even after you've said excuse me.
I have lots of peeves about supermarkets as we have a really lousy one (one only) and they couldn't give a :cen: about their customers. They have so many people over a barrel regarding shopping as to go elsewhere is a 40km round trip to the next closest, and if you don't have a car it is next to impossible to get your groceries home. Hopefully our new shopping centre will be built this year as we will be getting a second supermarket in that.

I know what you mean Geck about dropping something on the floor and it disappears, quite often it is a screw.

Having to get up to go you know where in the middle of the night and not putting my glasses on I have a bad habit of bouncing off walls and running into things. (Geck you would relate to this, I think your as blind as I am without my glasses.)

Needing to go to the loo in a hurry and the dogs deliberately barricade the hallway (they have a warped sense of humour).

And probably many more.

tlr online
16-01-06, 23:24
Noisy eaters. Sometimes when I'm in a restaurant, it sounds like I'm at the zoo.

Geck-o-Lizard
16-01-06, 23:47
People in supermarkets that take up the whole isle and go slow and don't like moving over even after you've said excuse me.

Just shove past if they won't move after you've asked them. ;)

Angel666
16-01-06, 23:57
Noisy eaters. Sometimes when I'm in a restaurant, it sounds like I'm at the zoo.

I know what you mean Justin. It makes me sick to even think about it. I once had to leave a resteraunt halfway through my meal without paying (not on purpose) because the kid at the table next to me had food all over his face and his parents weren't any better. I thought I was gonna be sick. I went back in and paid after I calmed down and I haven't been there since.

Smith will Suffice
17-01-06, 00:08
SLOW WALKERS!!

GET THE :cen: OUTTA THE WAY AND STOP HOLDING PEOPLE UP!

second would be...

People who always think their right.

:mad:

-Smith

Geck-o-Lizard
17-01-06, 00:35
But I AM right. D':

Head and Shoulders shampoo. It does NOT get rid of dandruff - it just gives you even more than you already had.