PDA

View Full Version : Do you still play TR1?

rmpwnz
21-01-06, 14:31
Yup, do you still play it? And if so, how often?

As for me, I always play it. Once every two or three days I play the Egypt and Atlantean levels over and over. Tomb Raider 1 is by far the best game in the series [so far: We'll have to see about Legends.].

So, what about you? :)

Stephie
21-01-06, 14:33
I am currently *trying* to play it. I'm stuck at the end of the Atlantis level with hardly any life left. I'm thinking of starting the game over. I love the game but it is damn frustrating in places.

Tomb Raider Master
21-01-06, 14:41
The last time I played it was during the HC Challenge (not too far from now). :)

MMAN
21-01-06, 14:47
I am currently *trying* to play it. I'm stuck at the end of the Atlantis level with hardly any life left. I'm thinking of starting the game over. I love the game but it is damn frustrating in places.

What is the area you are in?

There are ways to manipulate enemies to make them near harmless.

Stephie
21-01-06, 14:49
What is the area you are in?

There are ways to manipulate enemies to make them near harmless.

My last save point is just before Lara goes down into the area where Atlantean Lara is. I know how to kill her and get through to the next area but my life always gets sapped by the Atlantean Horseman and the other thing near enough straight away. When I finally get to the end part I can never do the timed bridge part. I suck.

rmpwnz
21-01-06, 14:51
My last save point is just before Lara goes down into the area where Atlantean Lara is. I know how to kill her and get through to the next area but my life always gets sapped by the Atlantean Horseman and the other thing near enough straight away. When I finally get to the end part I can never do the timed bridge part. I suck.

Hello Stephie :wve:

Don't feel discouraged if you can't do it. Atlantis is a very difficult and challenging level, and will require some practice to complete. Just keep going at it, and I'm sure you'll do it. :)

Stephie
21-01-06, 14:59
Hello Stephie :wve:

Don't feel discouraged if you can't do it. Atlantis is a very difficult and challenging level, and will require some practice to complete. Just keep going at it, and I'm sure you'll do it. :)

I'm sure I'll get there in the end. I'm a woman with low patience so I usually end up getting in a huff and throwing the pad. :D

I'm gonna have another bash at it this afternoon. Thanks for the encouragement.

MMAN
21-01-06, 15:19

Firstly, when you get in the Atlantean Lara area, quickly get onto a ledge and the creatures in the room are completely harmless.

The Centaur is a little hard to describe, lure it out (if you go too far you will also lure the other Altantean which invalidates this trick), drop back down into the pit where you climbed into this area and wait until you know the Centaur has run back into the "bridge" room, then climb up and run into this wall (only this one works), and then the Centaur will just keep shooting into the ceiling instead of at you. There's a chance it won't work, in which case run away and repeat. if you can't work it out it's the first more level tile on the right:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/MMANUGITU/other/lure.jpg

The last Atlantean doesn't really have any tricks, but he shouldn't give too much trouble with the Centaur out the way.

As for the bridge, all I can say is that jumping is faster than running, and that you must press the switch on the right first.

Nephili
21-01-06, 15:22
Well im currently re-playing Tomb Raider 3, but ive only got 3 levels to go, but when i finish them, im going to start Tomb Raider 1 again.

Katharsis
21-01-06, 15:27
It's my first Tomb Raider game, and I'm playing through it now.

I'm on Level 3 : Lost Valley. It's hard!

Kamrusepas
21-01-06, 15:30
I would if I could.

Nephili
21-01-06, 15:38

One of my favourite levels from that game :tmb:

Neteru
21-01-06, 15:43
Of course I still play it. How often is hard to say. The last time I played it was in the HC challenge before the latest one.

Anubis_AF
21-01-06, 16:14
Last time I played it was few months ago when I was taking some screenshots for a dear friend on the forums.
I wish I can have some extra free time to replay each level again.

Freckles
21-01-06, 16:40
i have not really tried it out, but i'll definitely give it a try! i just played the very first level, and the graphics are rather outdated, but what i've already seen from screenshots on the main page, it seems actually worth playing it! i think the overall story might be interesting and that's what counts in a game :)

MattTR
21-01-06, 16:49
I still plau tomb raider all the time, it's my all time favorite. :D

bonjovi321
21-01-06, 19:31
i still play tr1 + 2 + 3 il never forget any, il play them, whenever, i just love tr i keep forgeting to play on my game boy, help my friend on a tr game, (you can get tr on game boy)

Devil_Within
21-01-06, 23:18
I just finish it the other day. I'm moving on to TR2 next. I always seem to do this sort thing like... replaying old game titles before the new one comes out, I don't know y... I just feel that I need to or something lol...

robson001
22-01-06, 00:18
Yes, last time in Scottlee's HC.

Lenochka
22-01-06, 00:22
yeah i can't help getting head deep with lara in blocky graphics and pointy breasts...

Bombshell
22-01-06, 01:44
I havent played it out yet....in on Level 7 or something..

bonjovi321
22-01-06, 07:34
yeah i can't help getting head deep with lara in blocky graphics and pointy breasts...

LMFAO i just noticed that, and iv seen laras head, go in blocks before.

Lord Icon
22-01-06, 14:44
Yeah, I still play it. At least ones a month.

Bombshell
22-01-06, 16:53
Really fake that her breasts are round and big in the FMV's and in-game just two Pyramides lol

_Mica_
22-01-06, 17:06
I play it quite often if I'm bored. :wve:

BlackGrey
22-01-06, 17:22
I just recently installed it and i am absolutely loving tomb raiding :D even if her breasts could poke some ones eye out... see they had hand to hand combat before AOD!

LaRaMaster
22-01-06, 21:18
TR1 has a high Replay Value for me
I can complete it 3 times in a row after eachoter without getting bored !
Great Game :tmb:

Lenochka
22-01-06, 21:25
Really fake that her breasts are round and big in the FMV's and in-game just two Pyramides lol

i know i found it funny that she is so busty in FMV's and in the game her breasts are small and as pointy as the pyraminds she explores

woodhead
22-01-06, 21:32
The last tme I turned it off was 31st December 2004 at 11.00pm... yes I really remember. I'll play the game again 1 day before Legend comes out.

ben croft
22-01-06, 21:51
I like to re-play my tr games. So, I still play TR1.

:wve:

Catlantean
22-01-06, 21:54
I have it on Nokia N-Gage and I play it whenever I'm bored (on train and sometimes on lectures :D)

DREWY
23-01-06, 01:57
Just finished it again - still brilliant

LaRaMaster
23-01-06, 20:32
I like to re-play my tr games. So, I still play TR1.

:hug:

scion05
23-01-06, 20:42
It's my first Tomb Raider game, and I'm playing through it now.

fancy a challenge as to who can finnish first ?
im jus startin lev 3 ive done before but love itl ol

DREWY
24-01-06, 03:58
Katharsis.
Learn to use the pistol lock. It will save you much health and time.

Katharsis
24-01-06, 16:16
fancy a challenge as to who can finnish first ?
im jus startin lev 3 ive done before but love itl ol

Finished! Now on Tomb of Qualopec, this game is awesome. Can't wait to see what's next!

Explorer
24-01-06, 22:53
I've played it again recently, what can I say...Loved it :)

GodOfLight
24-01-06, 22:53
yep, i still play it. and i think even after legend comes out, tr fans will still be saying tr1 is the best :p

TR luver7
25-01-06, 03:00
i think i last played it on.....well i really dont remember. it was some time a couple o' months ago. it was cool though...:)

Thea
26-01-06, 22:03
I played it some time ago... TR1 is wonderful, but still the graphics just irritates my eyes, it takes some time to get used. When you see Laras thick squary pistols and the way how the walls bend when you traverse on them, heh. No matter that, just wonderful game ;)

Thea
26-01-06, 22:07
I love TR4 - splendid locations, you can visit them many times, it is full of action, puzzles, fighting, exploring. And Egypt, w00t! THIS was the real tomb raiding, IMO.

Explorer
26-01-06, 22:24
I played it some time ago... TR1 is wonderful, but still the graphics just irritates my eyes, it takes some time to get used.

Have you used Glidos or DGVoodoo?

Thea
26-01-06, 23:27
Glidos, I think.

Explorer
26-01-06, 23:51
Right, just thought I'd ask since you said about the graphics Irritating your eyes. :)

Thea
27-01-06, 08:01
Low resolution, textures, polygons and all... After later versions of TR it seems a bit... old-fashioned, I would say. But the story and the whole idea is great.

::PJB::
27-01-06, 10:54
I still play it from time to time because it's my favourite Tomb Raider game. :D

Katharsis
27-01-06, 13:27
I'm on Palace Midas & loving every minute of the game!

Barry Matharoo
27-01-06, 14:25
i love it just today i was playing city of vilacamba

rmpwnz
27-01-06, 17:57
Low resolution, textures, polygons and all... After later versions of TR it seems a bit... old-fashioned, I would say. But the story and the whole idea is great.

For PC?
Press F1, the resolution will adjust.

mizuno_suisei
28-01-06, 05:38
Hi.

Yes im currently playing the TR1 Egypt for the TRLE TRMUB Level Series (See Level Editor Section) And i have completed City of Khamoon and Obelisk of Khamoon 20times since i started the Project :p

Zac,

GodOfLight
28-01-06, 05:59
tr1 is the best! :jmp: even though tr4 is my favorite, tr1 is the most enjoyable to play, explore, shoot... everything. i bet i'll still love it the most even after legend :D

SUGARPIE
29-01-06, 23:04
I still play TR1 even though the graphics and sound are a little squiffy by todays standards!

I never thought this game would appeal to me - I started off on old games such as Nitemare3D - a 10-level freebie on a shareware disk. Once I realised how outdated it was and I could not purchase the other two episodes I missed the challenge and that lead me to buying TR2 at the supermarket one Sunday.

At that time I had an old computer and it would not run on that so once I bought a new computer I was delighted to be able to explore all the environments.

It took me a long time to get the hang of all the moves but the great thing was, as a new player there were many editions to buy. I immediately bought TR1 then eventually 3 and 4. Then my brother bought me AOD one Christmas and finally I got my hands on TR5 (Chronicles). y latest buy was TR Lost Artefact.

I hope the new game Legends is not to be the last and I hope they haven't made it too challenging. I am totally stuck on AOD as Kurtis Trent fighting some four-headed, gas-breathing monstrosity and I just can't get past it.

I'll have to have a browse through and see if there are any tips.

Regards,

Lo

DREWY
29-01-06, 23:31
Hello SUGERPIE
Don't forget to download the gold packs at http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/go/index.html

SUGARPIE
29-01-06, 23:49
Hey Drewy,

Thanks for the link. I will try that for sure! Hope it isn't a long download as I'm on dial-up lol. I'd love to download and play some user-created levels too - getting a bit bored of trudging around the Maria Dora - what a rust bucket, makes my eyes sore!

I like your avatar. I have my own piccie (of me) which fits the size requirements but it's stored on my pictures folder so I'll have to put it somewhere and link it up to the avatar page (somehow)! :D I am awaiting help with this techy problem on a PC site!

Thanks,

Lo :)

DREWY
30-01-06, 00:02
Hi SUGERPIE
Re avatar, link pic or email Elen at elen.g(at)tombraiderchronicles.net and attatch your pic
(of course use @ instead of (at))

SUGARPIE
30-01-06, 00:07
Hi again Drewy,

Wow that's really helpful, thank you. I'll email her attaching pic for avatar.

I might be clueless but I don't want to be faceless as well :D Thanks for helping me find my way around! Just one more question, how do we opt to receive email notifications when a topic has been added to or is there no such facility? I'd hate to miss any replies, I'm still stumbling around getting used to the lay-out! Thanks.

Lo :)

DREWY
30-01-06, 00:26
SUGERPIE
Click on New Posts. That shows you the latest posts.
User CP is where you can edit your settings to recieve email noteification.
No problem, If you need anything just ask! http://www.emotipad.com/artists/aiwan/beach.gif

SUGARPIE
30-01-06, 00:40
Thanks Drewy :)

Thea
31-01-06, 19:54
I'm on Palace Midas & loving every minute of the game!
Wow, Palace of Midas... I like that hand which changes things to gold. It is taken from the original Greek legend about king Midas who changed everything he touched to gold. In TR if Lara stepped on the hand of Midas, she became golden statue. I allways wanted a screenshot of this but I don't know how to take screens in TR1. I read the whole documentation for screen capturing programs that were used in DOS but still they did nothing :hea:
If someone has a screenshot or know how to get it, let me know pls.

Neteru
31-01-06, 20:49
There is one screenshot Here (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr1/screenshots_03.html), but it isn't very good. To take your own screenshot, you can press the PrintScreen key on your keyboard and then quit the game and open your image editor and select Paste.

RoseTyler
31-01-06, 21:55
I still play it! :D I play any one of them depending which mood I'm in. Haven't been able to play any at all recently though coz the TV keeps going green and its impossible to see anything :( ...Getting a new one very soon though :jmp:

Larisssa
31-01-06, 23:09
Must admit I do too! Or I did until this week: Can't seem to get 1, 2 or 3 to work on my laptop any more... oh well, I suppose I'll have to spend more time trying to complete AoD!!:D Or buy them all again, so the discs aren't scratched

RoseTyler
31-01-06, 23:31
LOL I have the same problem with a few of my PS games, they keep sticking!

Yulia
01-02-06, 00:48
I still play it... It's too much fun... even though when my cousin comes over he has obsession of impailing Lara on spikes..

Lord Icon
01-02-06, 06:26
Yep, many people still play it and they will continue playing it. And when the Windows Vista (or whatever they will call them) come out this forum will be first to release patches and tools to make it run on them too.

We can fix anything.

yesrushdt
01-02-06, 13:51
I use DGVoodoo which works great. Just about as good as Glidos IMO. Even though the game is nearly 10 years old, it still looks pretty good in a higher resolution (especially on my 50" Plasma:D) and on a current AGP or PCI Express graphics card. I've been having a blast recently playing the Khamoon and Scion levels for the first time in years.

Model Citizen
06-02-06, 09:57
I'm playing it at the moment. My kids love it and sit on my lap and watch. I gotta watch what I say though, my boy Nathan keeps mimicking me saying "Ahh, it's those blooming monsters again":D
Had to look at the walkthrough for the first time yesterday though:confused: It was the 2 statues in the water, with the doors between there feet....just could'nt see the switch for the life of me, even when I knew where to look.
One thing I have noticed though compared to the other games is how well Lara moves around. Very smooth.

First time I played it was way back on the PS, man when you think how few and far between the blue crystal save points were that made the game about 1000% harder:mis:

SpinSpinSugar
06-02-06, 11:23
Yep, definitely. Especially considering I managed to find a copy to purchase I play it a lot more often.