PDA

View Full Version : why do americans get this big event!

ben_the_joka
13-03-06, 21:07
im not happy, americans get the sony metreon event thing...
what about British fans...
laras British
karimas British (from a morocan family)
Toby Gard is British!
and the game was orignally British
i want an event here in Britain! its not fair lol!
would ne1 else in england like 1?
i really want to play the game and meet karima (shes so fiiiiine...)
p.s. it should be in london!

xMiSsCrOfTx
13-03-06, 21:08
Well we didn't get the demo right away, now did we? :whi:

ben_the_joka
13-03-06, 21:10
true...but germany got that 1st.

Peyn_OTHfan
13-03-06, 21:14
Because CD are american. Simply:)

sam_raider_05
13-03-06, 21:15
It's like theyre trying to compendsate for UK getting Legend before..... but its only FOUR days earlier.

sam_raider_05
13-03-06, 21:16
It doesn't really bother me though, so I'm not going to argue.

Camera Obscura
13-03-06, 21:16
Besides, just get the money and fill out the RSVP form, I don't think it matters where live, then just pay a flight to San Francisco.

ben_the_joka
13-03-06, 21:17
pfff im 15 dude...lol
still i think we should get 1, britain rocks!

Lenochka
13-03-06, 21:35
umm lets see... Europe gets the demo first, Europe gets the game first... So basically i think this is something nice for the U.S. Im not going but i am happy for all who are...

JACOBryanBURNS
13-03-06, 21:36
umm lets see... Europe gets the demo first, Europe gets the game first... So basically i think this is something nice for the U.S. Im not going but i am happy for all who are...

You said it, Lenochka. :ohn:

Camera Obscura
13-03-06, 21:38
I mean really, we get one little thing and people get upset. :rolleyes:

fondantcookie
13-03-06, 21:59
I THINK IT IS EXTREMEMLY FAIR CONSIDERING WE GET THE GAME AND DEMO AFTER EVERYONE ELSE.

ben_the_joka
13-03-06, 21:59
yeah im not bothered you got 1 lol! i just want one in britain 2! that was the initial point.

XtremeJenn
13-03-06, 22:12
People in the UK seem to be overreacting. The only reason this event is being held in San Francisco (other than anywhere else in the world) is because its to CELEBRATE Lara's winning star on the walk of fame at the Metreon in SF. Now I think that answers the question in this thread title.

bulliestogo
13-03-06, 22:29
People in the UK seem to be overreacting. The only reason this event is being held in San Francisco (other than anywhere else in the world) is because its to CELEBRATE Lara's winning star on the walk of fame at the Metreon in SF. Now I think that answers the question in this thread title.

Plus, don't most other countries hate freedom?

Pico p
13-03-06, 22:55
I think it is nice that the US get this event. I just wish the UK was getting one too so I could meet the lovely Karima and play with her....erm I mean the game :whi: nah jk.

I don't care either way, I probably wouldn't go if it was in the UK either way - I'd rather wait for the full game.

Smith will Suffice
13-03-06, 22:57
know why ben?

cuz guess where a HUGE percentage of Lara's fanbase comes from?

Ready for it?

NORTH....

AMERICA!!!

Lenochka
13-03-06, 23:02
Lets sing about north america!
" North america is a fun place to liiiiiiiive... not sure why but it just iiiiiiiis "
*dances to new song*

Anyone else wanna join in to my song *joke* XD

Pico p
13-03-06, 23:04
Was that walk of game thing American - that would probably be the reason.

lol Lenochka

Melonie Tomb Raider
13-03-06, 23:08

Agreed. :tmb:

MadVoodoo
13-03-06, 23:20
US is a way bigger market than Europe. That's why. :(

Olvidarse
13-03-06, 23:25
Because everything is bigger in America.

CPETE
13-03-06, 23:27
OMG! If I hear someone else say "Lara is British so the the UK should get everything first" I am going to scream. That is really bad logic because that basically says that a made up character's nationality should determine everything. Who cares?

Smith will Suffice
13-03-06, 23:33
OMG! If I hear someone else say "Lara is British so the the UK should get everything first" I am going to scream. That is really bad logic because that basically says that a made up character's nationality should determine everything. Who cares?
exactly :)

Moon-Safari
13-03-06, 23:39

i know right, thats like saying the harry potter books should be released in hogwarts first because afterall the book does take place there. :rolleyes:

this thread is so.... *BARF*

the game is being developed by a U.S. based team. and if it wasnt for the U.S. tomb raider would probably not be seeing the light of day or getting such critical aclaim as it is now. so instead of being ungreatful and hating on the U.S. you should realize that the special event is taking place in the country where the game is being made.

when it was made in the uk, events like this took place in the uk. but were playing with a whole new deck of cards though so stop being so immature and accept the fact that lara is an american franchise now just as much as she is british.

MattTR
13-03-06, 23:41
Demo, game, whatever.. Give US something.. I live all the way in Florida, and I have to fly all the way to California, it's going to be very costly, but hopefully worth it.

Tomb Raider 5194
13-03-06, 23:46
I agree too!:D
Uhhh if only I lived in San Francisco...

Tomb Raider 5194
14-03-06, 00:18
i know right, thats like saying the harry potter books should be released in hogwarts first because afterall the book does take place there. :rolleyes:

this thread is so.... *BARF*

the game is being developed by a U.S. based team. and if it wasnt for the U.S. tomb raider would probably not be seeing the light of day or getting such critical aclaim as it is now. so instead of being ungreatful and hating on the U.S. you should realize that the special event is taking place in the country where the game is being made.

when it was made in the uk, events like this took place in the uk. but were playing with a whole new deck of cards though so stop being so immature and accept the fact that lara is an american franchise now just as much as she is british.
I agree on that too :tmb:.

PirateRose
14-03-06, 00:21
and! not every american gets to go. what was it like 100? All of UK gets the legend game 4 days earlier.

shockwave_pulsar00
14-03-06, 00:24
Demo, game, whatever.. Give US something.. I live all the way in Florida, and I have to fly all the way to California, it's going to be very costly, but hopefully worth it.

Hope you have fun!

interstellardave
14-03-06, 01:21
It might as well be on the moon for all I care--I live clear across the country from San Francisco--I have as much a chance of going as you UK'ers! People can complain about anything...

navinloveslara
14-03-06, 06:35
It doesn't really bother me though, so I'm not going to argue.

Me too...

paulwork
14-03-06, 11:13
I think our american colleagues (or anyone else for that matter) deserve to have something special to make up for the fact that they get the game a few days later. In fairness, it would be nice if we all got the game, all across the world on the same day.

TRL isn't a product you just pull a few publicity stunts for, and then forget about it. You have to keep plugging it, month after month to get more and more people involved, and to release new information, and I'm sure there is going to be quite a few exclusive events over the next year (erm, and something about TR8 maybe?)

Kiss-Bite
14-03-06, 11:34
:rolleyes:

Joni
14-03-06, 11:48
I would have loved the chance to go and meet karima and play the game, but i don't envy our american friends for getting the convention thingy.

I mean its not like us British have got the raw end of the bargain, i meen we are getting the game 4 days earlier arnt we? If anything i'm happy for the americans to get the chance to meet karima so they can come on here and tell us what she is realy like :D.

Lara's Boy
14-03-06, 11:57
I am not sure if this has been said before because I didn't read all the posts, but have you guys stopped to think that the convention is at an actual place of "business" in America? They didn't just build it last week to torment you guys, and if Lara hadn't gotten a walk of game, some other icon would, and THEIR fans would be going crazy over the event. Also, wasn't Karima at a convention in Germany last week? Come one guys....it is just a chance to meet a model and play the demo, and like you UKers have been telling us, there are just a few more weeks before the game comes out, so live with it!!
lol, don't take offense to this post:)

haagen-dazs
14-03-06, 13:14
how many of the TR games did USA get before UK? or has Tr always been released at the same time in both countries?

Kiss-Bite
14-03-06, 13:38
Does it all really matter?:rolleyes:

RaidR_84
14-03-06, 13:49
Hey, dont blame us that we won the Revolution ;-)

Honestly, everyones getting so flustered. Big deal. I live 3 days drive away from San Francisco. In fact, California seems like another country to me. So what is the big deal? I mean, we all have other things to worry about then TRL, so get all that done before Legend arrives, because you know you will all be stuck in your basements/bedrooms/living rooms playing this game, with numerous pizza and chinese takeout containers around you.

I know I am....except the amount of food that I can digest while playing games is astronomical :-p.

ben croft
14-03-06, 15:52
Because everything is bigger in America.

Really? :mis:

:p

Olvidarse
14-03-06, 15:58
Oh no, the innuendo!

Think about it. If CD is based in San Fran, and the CD team is meeting at the event, do you think they would want to stop production pace just to fly the CD team off to a foreign country? When the Meteron is only minutes away?

*Brain fartage*

Laras Backpack
14-03-06, 16:04
:tmb:

ben_the_joka
14-03-06, 16:11
know why ben?

cuz guess where a HUGE percentage of Lara's fanbase comes from?

Ready for it?

NORTH....

AMERICA!!!

er well ever heard of EUROPE!?

ben_the_joka
14-03-06, 16:14
look people your missing the point! i was saying

I THINK WE DESERVE ONE ASWELL! and if your so bothered about 4 days...
we'll have the convention 4 days after your!

Pablo.CT
14-03-06, 16:50
I think it is only fair as us in the UK are getting the Game 4 days earlier

Quiver.
14-03-06, 17:21
Does it all really matter?:rolleyes:

thats exactly what I thougt reading the posts in this thread...

YvesSL
14-03-06, 17:24
I knooow, let's make a petition so they stop making the game for America!

J/K!

Quiver.
14-03-06, 17:36
I knooow, let's make a petition so they stop making the game for America!

J/K!

LOL :D

I dont get why eidos have to release it on different days.....just pick a date and release it world wide....everyone happy :)