PDA

View Full Version : How cool is this?

Greenkey2
20-03-06, 10:50
Not a huge deal in terms of gameplay, but yesterday evening saw myself, Lara Lover and xMryax all playing our way through TR3 while chatting on Skype at the same time! :jmp:

We've just finished Jungle, and will aim for one level per "session".
Hopefully we'll do the same thing (or very similer) with Legend.

Has anyone else done co-operative gaming like this before? (I'm not counting co-operative online gaming)

Sorry if I'm sounding banal, but I think it's exciting! ;) :p

Thank you Skype! :jmp: :jmp:

frostfur452
20-03-06, 12:40
awww that would be heaps fun!!!!

FourBalls
20-03-06, 12:58
Cool :D
I'd like to do so, but the only TR game I've got on PC is Last Revelation :(

frostfur452
20-03-06, 13:03
Cool :D
I'd like to do so, but the only TR game I've got on PC is Last Revelation :(

heh same

Lara Lover
20-03-06, 14:07
:wve:

Yes, It was very fun. Very confusing as Myra went ahead :eek:

Can't wait to do Level 2

Kiss-Bite
20-03-06, 14:32
Sounds like fun!!:D Forgive my ignorance, but what is Skype? Is it like Messenger?

Paperdoll
20-03-06, 14:33
aww that must be cool... I wish I could do that... *kicks computer* stupid computer...

FourBalls
20-03-06, 14:35
Sounds like fun!!:D Forgive my ignorance, but what is Skype? Is it like Messenger?
It's like messenger, yeah.
But through Skype, you can talk for real, if you have a microphone and headphones. It's a lot of fun :D

Kiss-Bite
20-03-06, 14:38
It's like messenger, yeah.
But through Skype, you can talk for real, if you have a microphone and headphones. It's a lot of fun :D

Thankyou!;) It does sound like fun!:D

frostfur452
20-03-06, 14:45
Hmmm my dad was trying to tell me about Skype the other day..... But i wasn't really interested in it at the time so i kinda zoned out lol

Greenkey2
20-03-06, 17:14
Skype is fantastic :tmb: You can ring up and chat over any and all Skype-enabled computers for free, anytime. You can even make calls to land lines or mobile numbers (although this is charged, just as a normal phone call would be).

You can also chat in the traditional way (typing) and use webcams with Skype. I love it :jmp:

Shark_Blade
20-03-06, 18:33
I used Skype to wake my friends in the morning:D

Sunwave
20-03-06, 18:39
Yeah actually there should be a cooperation mode for TR. That would be cool! With special levels created for co-op of course!
It must be done well then, because it could also spoil the whole thing. BUt it can turn out pretty good (look at splinter cell, I often did it with my brother)

MiCkiZ88
20-03-06, 18:40
Yeah actually there should be a cooperation mode for TR. That would be cool! With special levels created for co-op of course!
It must be done well then, because it could also spoil the whole thing. BUt it can turn out pretty good (look at splinter cell, I often did it with my brother)
heheh.. tr would me so much more fun with 2 players or more...

Greenkey2
20-03-06, 18:41
Hmmmm, dozens of Laras all running around the same level.........:cln:

xMyrax
20-03-06, 18:42
Whoo! T'was so much fun! :D Must....Play...Next...Level! ^__^

EDIT: LOL Jen :vlol:

FourBalls
20-03-06, 19:21
But were you typing or chatting online?
:)
It'd be cool to do something like that :D

Greenkey2
20-03-06, 19:58
@ Fourballs: we were actually talking over microphones, just like chatting on a phone. The thing with Skype is that it's a digital system, so the sound is far far clearer than a normal phone. It sounds like the people are standing right next to you :D

xMyrax
20-03-06, 20:00
Alrighty today we reached Temple Ruins which is in India ^_^ We're not done yet but we reached half of the level and we'll finish the rest of it tomorrow during to sickness problems, chatting problems, crashing problems, hunger prooblems and the whole package of problems!

Lara Lover
20-03-06, 20:01
Sorry guys.

:(

Greenkey2
20-03-06, 20:02
Also cat-walking-across-keyboard-problems :D

Lara Lover
20-03-06, 20:02
:vlol:

MattTR
20-03-06, 20:03
Wow that sounds really fun! Maybe you could have more people join in? :p

xMyrax
20-03-06, 20:03
Dont feel bad, Kyle ^_^

Yes Jen, that too! :D

We'll keep you guys up to date when we continue tomorrow, I also took a few screens while playing if you guys would like to see any :)

MattTR: We're just walking through each other and playing it over the microphone xD

Greenkey2
20-03-06, 20:10
@ MattTR: Skype can host a conference of up to five people at a time :wve:

xMyrax
20-03-06, 20:43
Okay here's a pic of where we reached! ^^
http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/8554/india26nj.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
:wve: We'll keep you guys updated!

Simulation
20-03-06, 20:48
Have you thought about using Skype Video and pointing your WebCams to the screen so you can see progress?

Greenkey2
20-03-06, 20:49
:jmp:

I'm dreading doing really fast, technically challenging levels like Area 51 and RX Tech Mines over Skype. Probably won't be able to hear anything but screaming "OH NO SHE'S DIED AGAIN!" and "OHDAMNOHDAMN now I'm REALLY gonna die!" :eek: :vlol:

xMyrax
20-03-06, 20:50
Well my PC would crash and go nutty so...Naw I dont think so XD

frostfur452
20-03-06, 22:23
Also cat-walking-across-keyboard-problems :D

lol a very common problem :P

ELEN
20-03-06, 22:29
LOL! This must be funny! I have never tried that!!

Isn't it confusing hearing voices, Lara, the background sound, the Secret sound and Lara's footsteps at the same time? :D

Belfastard
20-03-06, 22:30
I want to join in this! Sounds fantastic! Really good idea. Who came up with it? :yah:

FourBalls
21-03-06, 07:54
@ Fourballs: we were actually talking over microphones, just like chatting on a phone. The thing with Skype is that it's a digital system, so the sound is far far clearer than a normal phone. It sounds like the people are standing right next to you :D
Yeah...I know.
And you don't have to hold the phone to your head to hear others and talk to them.
Awesome :D
*feels jealous over Greenkey, Myra and Lara Lover, because doesn't have TR:3 to join in :( *

Lara Lover
21-03-06, 08:21
LOL! This must be funny! I have never tried that!!

Isn't it confusing hearing voices, Lara, the background sound, the Secret sound and Lara's footsteps at the same time? :D

Nope. We disable the sound :tmb:

It's very good. People should give it ago. Elen do you have a mic?

You could join in if you want. :tmb:

Greenkey2
21-03-06, 09:34
Skype can have up to five people (4 + host) at a time on a conference.

So far there are three people (myself - the host, Myra and Lara Lover). If you would like to fill either of the two vacent places here is what you need:

*TR3 (easiest on PC - or have the console right next to your computer) up to Temple Ruins. We'll keep you informed of our progress so you can see what level we are playing.

*Skype - please contact either myelf, Myra or Lara Lover to exchange skype details.

*Headset and/or microphone.

*to be avalible between 6pm and 9pm GMT

Webcams are completely optional for chatting :wve: See you around!

Lara Lover
21-03-06, 09:35
Yes. People can join if they want. So, if you want to PM me, Myra or Greenkey2.

:wve: