PDA

View Full Version : Mrs. Doubtfire 2

Smith will Suffice
21-03-06, 01:15
A sequel to the 1993 hit comedy Mrs. Doubtfire is in the works at Fox 2000. Robin Williams is in early talks to reprise the role of Daniel Hillard/Mrs. Doubtfire and resume producing duties with Marsha Williams, says The Hollywood Reporter. Bonnie Hunt is also in talks to write the film.

The original, directed by Chris Columbus (first two "Harry Potter" films), earned $219.2 million domestically and $222 million overseas for a massive worldwide total of $441.2 million, or the 53rd highest-grossing film ever. Mrs. Doubtfire received two Golden Globe awards in 1994, one for best picture (comedy/musical) and one for Williams as best actor in a comedy/musical. The film also won an Oscar for best makeup.

In Mrs. Doubtfire, Daniel Hillard learns his ex-wife needs a housekeeper, so he applies for and lands the job disguised as Mrs. Doubtfire, a devoted British nanny. The masquerading Daniel creates a whole new life with his entire family.

*COMING SOON*

http://i1.************/ruv2om.jpg
"ooh, my first day as being a lady and I'm already having hot flashes!"

ILG49ers
21-03-06, 01:17
I didn't really even like the first one that much. :rolleyes:

HollabackBoy
21-03-06, 01:18
Mrs. Doubtfire is one of my favourite comedies. :D Where is the source of this info, Smith will Suffice?

Lenochka
21-03-06, 01:18
its gonna bomb. The first one was really good but sequels always stink sadly...

xMiSsCrOfTx
21-03-06, 01:19
LOL I loved that movie! Glad they're making a second! :tmb:

stereopathic
21-03-06, 01:20
ugh. spare me, fox.

HollabackBoy
21-03-06, 01:24
its gonna bomb. The first one was really good but sequels always stink sadly...

I totally agree! Sequels are almost always overdone. :rolleyes: IMO, the only sequel that greatly exceeded the original was Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

Thorir
21-03-06, 01:25
Sounds like fun!! :D

Smith will Suffice
21-03-06, 01:35
Mrs. Doubtfire is one of my favourite comedies. :D Where is the source of this info, Smith will Suffice?

all my sources are put in *insert source here*

ELEN
21-03-06, 01:44
I liked the first one. I hope the second will be good too.

tlr online
21-03-06, 01:58
I liked the first one. I hope the second will be good too.
Me too :tmb:

Spitfire
21-03-06, 02:02
1st one has become a classic to me, i say so many quotes from that movie. But i dont feel like they can just revive this one...

DREWY
21-03-06, 03:58
l love Robin Williams. Hope its as good as the first!

Melonie Tomb Raider
21-03-06, 04:39
Skeptical, I must say, but I'll try to be optimistic about it. I liked the first one when I was a kid, but it's been ages since I've seen it, so I'm not sure just what I'd think about it now.

Jacob x5
21-03-06, 04:55
Well, it's years since I saw the first one so I can remember pretty much nothing about it, but sequels to this sort of film are never as good as the originals. It'll just be more of the same, but overdone. In a way, with this sort of thing, making a sequel can ruin the original aswell, because one film was enough; just the right amount. But with a sequel it all becomes a bit 'old'.

HollabackBoy
21-03-06, 05:28
Well, it's years since I saw the first one so I can remember pretty much nothing about it, but sequels to this sort of film are never as good as the originals. It'll just be more of the same, but overdone. In a way, with this sort of thing, making a sequel can ruin the original aswell, because one film was enough; just the right amount. But with a sequel it all becomes a bit 'old'.

You couldn't have said it better. :tmb: :wve:

Tomb of Legends
21-03-06, 05:38
YAY!!!!!!!

Its one of my fav movies of ALL TIME! :D:) Thank you so much for sharing!!!

nomedo
21-03-06, 05:50
i found the first film pretty funny too. i just hope they make the sequel because they have a good script for a continuation of the story, not because they want to make easy money...

Lara Lover
21-03-06, 07:44
Omg, I love this movie. I remember when I was like 3 I broke my VCR in my house because, I Stuck Mrs Doubtfire in the wrong way. :rolleyes: