PDA

View Full Version : PS3 - Facts and Features

TombRaiderLover
21-03-06, 17:03
PS3- FACTS AND FEATURES

http://www.trustedreviews.com/images/article/inline/2614-PS3.jpg

Hard Drive

It has finally been confirmed that the PS3 will come with a 60 GB Hard Drive.

4-D Gaming

Fans will be pleased to hear that the PS3 has taken a huge step in technology and that games will be featured in 4-D!

PS3 and Blu-Ray

Sony has announced that all PS3 titles will be required to release on Blu-Ray discs in order to assist in their anti-piracy initiatives. This might result in higher cost of disc production for a while, but should help hold off the rampant piracy that has unfortunately occured on the PS2 and PS1.

Reasons for delay

Sony has revealed that the reason the release date of the PS3 was delayed was because the Blu-Ray copy protection system not being finalized and are sorry for any disappointments.

The Titles

Some game titles for the PS3 have been revealed:

FINAL FANTASY VII (REMAKE)

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/617/617554/final-fantasy-ps3-20050519082736180.jpg

METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS

http://computers.livedoor.com/livedoor/anim/anim-pick/0_200509/gameshow/METAL%20GEAR%20SOLID%204.jpg

DEVIL MAY CRY 4

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/614/614726/devil-may-cry-4-20050516054232778.jpg

2 DAYS 2 VEGAS

http://games.tiscali.cz/images/2daystovegas/imgc.jpg

VISION GRAN TURISMO

http://computers.livedoor.com/livedoor/anim/anim-pick/0_200509/gameshow/Vision%20Gran%20Turismo.jpg

DIRTY HARRY
INDIANA JONES
MORTAL KOMBAT 7
PRINCE OF PERSIA 4
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG
TEKKEN
ALONE IN THE DARK 5
BROTHERS IN ARMS 3
KING KONG
RESIDENT EVIL 5
SCARFACE: THE WORLD IS YOURS
TABLE TENNIS
THE GETAWAY 3

PS1 and 2 in Higher Quality

Not only will Playstation 1 and Playstation 2 games be playable on the PS3, but they will be featured in a higher definition, breathing modern life into older classics.

Release date

Although it has not been revealed on what specific day the PS3 will be released, it will be available sometime in November this year.

Price

It's definite that the PS3 will be the most expensive game console yet. Officials told the newspaper that it will sell for roughly $465/£265

PS2 and PS3

It has been annouced that the PS3 is 35 times more powerful that the PS2!

Apofiss
21-03-06, 17:06
There's no need to convince me moreee lol, I'll get one for sure! ^^

Thanks for facts, TombRaiderLover!

Hard Drive

It has finally been confirmed that the PS3 will come with a 60 GB Hard Drive.

Nice!

PS1 and 2 in Higher Quality

Not only will Playstation 1 and Playstarion 2 games be playable on the PS3, but they will be featured in a higher definition, breathing modern life into older classics.

Very nice!!

::PJB::
21-03-06, 17:09
:) Thanks for sharing TombRaiderLover. :tmb:

I wonder if you can save your old PlayStation and PlayStation 2 games directly to the PlayStation 3's hard drive instead of using Memory Cards? :confused:

illuminati30
21-03-06, 17:20
Prince of Peria 4? really? are you sure?

TombRaiderLover
21-03-06, 17:24
Prince of Peria 4? really? are you sure?

I'm sure! :tmb:

illuminati30
21-03-06, 17:26
I hate to say this, but i dont think we will be getting a PoP game for some time, and i dont think the next one will feature the sands.

interstellardave
21-03-06, 17:29
I'm going to pre-order one soon, BUT--And this is important--I might cancel my pre-order when the price is announced! I can't wait to see what magic Sony has to pull out of their :cen: to try to sell this at a competitive price!

And what in hell is "4 D gaming?" What spin-meisters they have at Sony, LOL!

jamieoliver22
21-03-06, 18:00
4-D?!?! The forth dimention is time, how the **** do you play games in time?! rofl

Pyett101
21-03-06, 18:17
cant wait for the ps3!!! imagaine tomb raider on ps3!!! OMG!!!:D

interstellardave
21-03-06, 18:18
4-D?!?! The forth dimention is time, how the **** do you play games in time?! rofl

LOL, the real answer to that is any system can provide that--it's up to the developers! Blinx on the Xbox had that "feature" and, to an extent, I guess you could say POP: Sands of Time did too.

kally7242071
21-03-06, 19:26
YEP im gonna definately get PS3 it sound really good, but it is still ages till it comes out. And pop 4 i thought it finished on the 3rd one, well i aint complaining i love pop it is a fantastic game.

HollabackBoy
21-03-06, 19:43
HOLY ****!!! Those graphics look REAL. :yik: It's amazing how far graphics have advanced! :tmb:

tombraider123
21-03-06, 19:50
This will be the best console ever

Sunwave
21-03-06, 19:53
Wow those screens are not bad at all, they're great!

And FF VII? How can that be? We're at XII already, shouldn't this be XIII then?

ben_the_joka
21-03-06, 19:53
I will definatley be queing up 2 days before release! :D i want a black 1, i heard it comes in 3 colours initially n then it will be released in 2 more? (blck, white, silver...then metallic blue and red). is this true?

ben_the_joka
21-03-06, 19:55
Wow those screens are not bad at all, they're great!

And FF VII? How can that be? We're at XII already, shouldn't this be XIII then?
that was X-II
so basically its 10-part 2...which was crap as i always liked the fact that FF's were never linkd to eachother (i dont know where FFXI went though if its XII???)...i did not buy X-II as i didnt like the thought that it was the same old people...

nomedo
21-03-06, 20:00
FF:Advent Children is a movie, the only what a PS3 would play it, is if u watch the dvd on one... :rolleyes:

ben croft
21-03-06, 20:00
OMG! TR8 for PS3 would be sooo cool. :eek:

:tmb:

Dingaling
21-03-06, 20:25
Re 4D:

Ypu sit down at your console, play a game, then you look at a clock and somehow notice that a few hours passed by - hence, 4D gaming :p

Thanks for this TombRaiderLover :)

Kamrusepas
21-03-06, 20:28
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/614/614726/devil-may-cry-4-20050516054232778.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c152/Kamrusepas/drool.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist :p

Kamrusepas
21-03-06, 20:29
that was X-II
so basically its 10-part 2...which was crap as i always liked the fact that FF's were never linkd to eachother (i dont know where FFXI went though if its XII???)...i did not buy X-II as i didnt like the thought that it was the same old people...

You mean X-2 or 10-2. FFXI is an online game only. XII has been released in Japan already, afaik.

Forwen
21-03-06, 20:36
that was X-II

Square Enix recently went on FF-compilation frenzy. Among all those FFX-2 (and rumor about X-3), Dirge of Cerberus, Snowboard, Crisis Core, Before Crisis, Advent Children and Last Order I'm not surprised someone gets confused as to what's happening to the main series :p Yep, we're at XII now (Japan has it, we wait for August afair), the last FF for PS2. XI was MMORPG. There's rumor flying about XIII as well, and of course, the one about PS3 FFVII remake. There hasn't been anything but a single movie on E3 2005 that could support the latter, though. That was just a tech demo. And big fish from Square say it's impossible in the upcoming years.

But still, I wonder. TombRaiderLover - why did you include Advent Children as a game for PS3? Did I miss something or you've just mistaken it for FFVII remake?

TombRaiderLover
22-03-06, 06:54
OOPS, I think the 'Advent Children' at the end is incorrect.

*updating*

Melonie Tomb Raider
22-03-06, 07:06
I'll definitely get a PS3, opening day, even if I have to wait in line for hours and hours!

One thing I don't understand though. What the heck do they mean by adding 4-D? How is that even possible?

Tomb of Legends
22-03-06, 08:00
Price

It's definite that the PS3 will be the most expensive game console yet. Officials told the newspaper that it will sell for roughly $465/265[/QUOTE]

How much is that in Aussie dollar?

Shark_Blade
22-03-06, 09:01
Officials told the newspaper that it will sell for roughly $465/265

wow.that is a large sum:eek:

Lenochka
22-03-06, 10:01
FF:Advent Children is a movie, the only what a PS3 would play it, is if u watch the dvd on one... :rolleyes:

yeah but i have heard there re-making FF 7 and its suppose to be advent children quality...

Zep Girl
22-03-06, 10:31
Dirty Harry the game? No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I love them films!!!! The 70's rock!

Megalith
22-03-06, 11:10
yeah but i have heard there re-making FF 7 and its suppose to be advent children quality...

Well,a japanese fan asked recently Square Enix president Youichi Wada if a FFVII release for PS3 is possible and Wada answered that "it is extremelly difficult,but we will look into it."
I don't know if i want to see a remake of FFVII although it's one of my all time favourite games.We already have Dirge of Cerberus and Advent Children(although it's a movie.)Square Enix made enough money out of VII's success,i think it's better they focus on new things...

MattTR
22-03-06, 11:18
PS3 should be great!

MiCkiZ88
22-03-06, 11:48
:yah: ps3 ps3 ps3 :yah: half a year is a pain in the ass to wait but I've waited for legend more :D anyways.. those graphics look awesome...

MiCkiZ88
22-03-06, 11:50
wow.that is a large sum:eek:
not so bad... you can start saving money now.. I already have the sum...

interstellardave
22-03-06, 11:52
Have playable demos at E3 Sony! That's all I ask! Let's see what games really will look like...

MiCkiZ88
22-03-06, 11:58
Have playable demos at E3 Sony! That's all I ask! Let's see what games really will look like...
that would silence the sceptics.. or... ( I hate sceptical ppl... :mad: )

TombRaiderLover
22-03-06, 16:38
*updated*

MiCkiZ88
22-03-06, 16:47
oh wow.. Squal looks awesome!!!

interstellardave
22-03-06, 16:57
that would silence the sceptics.. or... ( I hate sceptical ppl... :mad: )

Well until they do that you have to be a little sceptical! Sony has done this before... they greatly exagerated the graphical power of the PS2 and now it's evident they are doing all they can to undercut the XBox 360. Making incredible promises is all part of that. A lot of people are like "forget the 360--the PS3 will blow it away!" But we don't really know that!!! It's a smart business strategy but I just wish people would see that that is what's happening here!

I've supported Sony heavily through their PS1 and PS2 incarnations, but all I want now is something tangible about the PS3. I want to see if the specs remain the same and the games are truly as awesome as they claim they will be. And I don't want to have to go broke to enjoy it either! :)

MiCkiZ88
22-03-06, 17:03
Well until they do that you have to be a little sceptical! Sony has done this before... they greatly exagerated the graphical power of the PS2 and now it's evident they are doing all they can to undercut the XBox 360. Making incredible promises is all part of that. A lot of people are like "forget the 360--the PS3 will blow it away!" But we don't really know that!!! It's a smart business strategy but I just wish people would see that that is what's happening here!

I've supported Sony heavily through their PS1 and PS2 incarnations, but all I want now is something tangible about the PS3. I want to see if the specs remain the same and the games are truly as awesome as they claim they will be. And I don't want to have to go broke to enjoy it either! :)
well if it's 400€ I'm sure ppl can save that amount of money if the y wan't to.. can.. I just said my opinion about sceptics and pessimistics.. I'm always optimistic.. well almost.. it's a nice way to live and gives you hope.. Even though it might be false hope... ( what is it lately that everyone's been on me lately... I'm a big trouble maker... )

interstellardave
22-03-06, 17:23
well if it's 400 I'm sure ppl can save that amount of money if the y wan't to.. can.. I just said my opinion about sceptics and pessimistics.. I'm always optimistic.. well almost.. it's a nice way to live and gives you hope.. Even though it might be false hope... ( what is it lately that everyone's been on me lately... I'm a big trouble maker... )

I'm prepared to spend $400.00 (american) on the PS3, same as I paid for the 360... and I'll be happy even if it's just equivalent to the 360 under those circumstances! I really don't want to pay more though (not that I can't it's just that I don't think it should be more than that). So I might wait if it's higher... unless they really blow me away in the coming months and convince me that it's significantly better than the 360--then I may consider spending more than I did on the 360.

MiCkiZ88
22-03-06, 17:26
I'm prepared to spend $400.00 (american) on the PS3, same as I paid for the 360... and I'll be happy even if it's just equivalent to the 360 under those circumstances! I really don't want to pay more though (not that I can't it's just that I don't think it should be more than that). So I might wait if it's higher... unless they really blow me away in the coming months and convince me that it's significantly better than the 360--then I may consider spending more than I did on the 360.
well if it's 400 dollars as it says in some mags that means that its scheaper than the xbox 360 here.. though taxes might get it 22% higher prize here in finland :hea: .... anyways with those specs wou would not get a pc with 3000€ or even more...

Lara Lover
22-03-06, 18:11
I might get this console. I'm not 100% sure but, it does look amazing and I've always trusted Sony.

I might also if I get the money preorder it so, It might come on the day of release with a game.

Does anyone no how much the games will cost? I say £40 - 55!

Lara's Boy
22-03-06, 18:17
I am waiting for the PS3 to release before I buy it or the 360....though I am positive Sony will wipe the floor...again:D. With 360 games being $59.99, I would assume the PS3 games will follow suite, and maybe cost a bit more!

Lara Lover
22-03-06, 18:19
Yes, I think so too. Although, I'm not going to get the 360 though. I'll probably get the console with 1 game to start. The game I would choose would be Resident Evil 5. If it's not out on the release date (PS3 date) then, I'll just wait and get it whenever I can. :tmb:

Lara's Boy
22-03-06, 18:36
Yes, I think so too. Although, I'm not going to get the 360 though. I'll probably get the console with 1 game to start. The game I would choose would be Resident Evil 5. If it's not out on the release date (PS3 date) then, I'll just wait and get it whenever I can. :tmb:

lol, my thoughts exactly! I am also sure they will re-release TRL on the PS3, seeing how they are releasing it on every available platform (except the nintendo consoles, for their obvious reasons).

Lara Lover
22-03-06, 18:37
Yes, that's exactly what I'm thinking a re-release of PS3 and if it is. I'll be getting it.

:tmb:

Eat that you little 360 machine.

interstellardave
22-03-06, 18:41
Man you Sony fanboys/fangirls are hardcore! If Legend is re-released on PS3 I'll buy you all a chinese lunch! :p

Lara's Boy
22-03-06, 18:44
Man you Sony fanboys/fangirls are hardcore! If Legend is re-released on PS3 I'll buy you all a chinese lunch! :p

Thanks! though it sucks being a sony fan at work, because EVERYTHING electonic in our office is Dell. I hate dell! My personal laptop is a Sony Vaio, and my head phones (can't think of the real term, lol) are also Sony. Since sony doesn't make notebook cases (that I know of) I have a Targus bag and charger adapter.

By the way, I love chinese:D :tea:

interstellardave
22-03-06, 18:52
I'm not a fanboy for anyone... I like whatever brings enjoyment to my life... in this case all 3 current systems and, soon, all 3 next gen systems! I'll eventually have them all once PS3 and Revolution are released, LOL! :D

As for Legend, I just think you all are grasping at straws for a PS3 version... now TR8 certainly will be on it, but Legend is XBox 360's day in the sun! :tea:

Lara's Boy
22-03-06, 19:01
I'm not a fanboy for anyone... I like whatever brings enjoyment to my life... in this case all 3 current systems and, soon, all 3 next gen systems! I'll eventually have them all once PS3 and Revolution are released, LOL! :D

As for Legend, I just think you all are grasping at straws for a PS3 version... now TR8 certainly will be on it, but Legend is XBox 360's day in the sun! :tea:

Lol....I am not THAT hardcore either....I also own a gamecube, hehe:tea:. And you may be right about TRL on the PS3 (or not being on it, rather :)), but we can hold out hope!:D

Kamrusepas
22-03-06, 19:05
Among all those FFX-2 (and rumor about X-3), Dirge of Cerberus, Snowboard, Crisis Core, Before Crisis, Advent Children and Last Order I'm not surprised someone gets confused as to what's happening to the main series :p

That's a 25min anime... :)

oh wow.. Squal looks awesome!!!

Where did you see a Squal(l)?

MiCkiZ88
22-03-06, 19:28
That's a 25min anime... :)

Where did you see a Squal(l)?
eh..I was on my thoughs... heheh.. cloud... looks cool :D