PDA

View Full Version : Union Strike to close our school

-DEBUG
22-03-06, 18:44
Got a letter at school today which said that the School will be closed on 28/3/06 because of a strike which means that the school would be unsafe otherwise, the letter said...

"Some of the staff that hold key Health and Safety responsibilities will be taking industrial action, meaning I (The Headteacher) has no choice to close the school..."

I don't know whether to jump for joy or :hea:, because of our looming sats (4 School Weeks away) we will be losing revision time.

Jacob x5
22-03-06, 18:44
Here's an emote to help you if you choose the latter.

:hea:

saray
22-03-06, 18:46
you can always revise out of your books :) the sats are getting closer..*screams*

-DEBUG
22-03-06, 18:46

-DEBUG
22-03-06, 18:47
you can always revise out of your books :) the sats are getting closer..*screams*

Yes i suppose so :) but still... :hea:

jarhead
22-03-06, 18:50
and imo its only one day out of 4 weeks, but you vcan revise out of books. theyve helped me and i will have to rely on tyhem. somehow i am supposed to get an A in science gcse when i dont even have a teacher

_Mica_
22-03-06, 20:26
Mine is going to be shut, too. :D

I'd say it's a good thing. Even if the sats are soon.... :pi:

clairelovestlc
22-03-06, 20:28
our uni lectures went on strike, and dammet my lecturer wasnt in the union!

Tramp
22-03-06, 20:44
Debug do your own revision at home. It's called study. It's what we used to do as we never had special revision lessions. We usually had absolutely no idea what would be in our exams we just had to study everything and hope we had covered what was in the exams fully enough. It all had to be done in our own time along with our normal homework.

They did a test here very recently where they got some current High School Students to sit for the same Exams that I sat for when I was their age and the majority of them failed. They were all good students in the higher grades not the lower ones. So maybe the methods they used when I was at school are a lot better than the so called modern methods. We also still had corporal punishment.

-DEBUG
22-03-06, 21:52
Thanks for the advice everybody, i will definately follow it :hug:

laracroft2122
22-03-06, 21:59
Got a letter at school today which said that the School will be closed on 28/3/06 because of a strike which means that the school would be unsafe otherwise, the letter said...

"Some of the staff that hold key Health and Safety responsibilities will be taking industrial action, meaning I (The Headteacher) has no choice to close the school..."

I don't know whether to jump for joy or :hea:, because of our looming sats (4 School Weeks away) we will be losing revision time.

Are school will be closed next Wednesday

Smith will Suffice
22-03-06, 22:31
debug, join the club. my college has been on strike for nearly 3 weeks now.

-DEBUG
22-03-06, 22:58
i'll join if i get a hat and a membership badge :jmp: :p, Sorry about your college Smith :)

-DEBUG
22-03-06, 23:00
Are school will be closed next Wednesday

I don't know whether to apologise or congratulate people on the union strike backlash