PDA

View Full Version : Movie Reviews

SUGARPIE
22-03-06, 21:27
Rate your movies here and brush up on your literary skills!

I will name a film and it is up to you to rate it like a true professional! I am looking for a good critical narrative here that either praises or dismisses the movie in question. Either way it must be two paragraphs in length and fit for publishing.

I shall put forth the film 'The Great Escape' to kick us off. The rest is up to you!

Sofitegan
22-03-06, 21:33
Great idea. :tmb:

Unfortunately i haven't seen the Great Escape. :D
Love your new avatar Sugarpie.

SUGARPIE
22-03-06, 21:35
Great idea. :tmb:

Unfortunately i haven't seen the Great Escape. :D
Love your new avatar Sugarpie.

Fankoo sweetypops!, love yours too! :hug:

Smith will Suffice
22-03-06, 21:40
i always rate films, for my college paper, and just for leisure and fun on my blog site. Its my goal to become a film critic in the near future so Im used to writing reviews whenever i can for practice and overall fun :p

havent seen the great escape enough to give it a professional proper review...but I'll give what little I can from the times ive seen it:

THE GREAT ESCAPE

a thrilling and intense escape story filled with tremendous amounts of intense human emotion and loyalty. Though lengthy in run time, it is nonetheless a rewarding blockbuster which has firmly withstood the test of time as a classic.

***1/2 out of ****

Sofitegan
22-03-06, 21:41
Fankoo sweetypops!, love yours too! :hug:

thanks!!!

Mona Sax
22-03-06, 21:42
Oh come on, Smith! Steve McQueen alone makes it a *****/****. :tea:

Smith will Suffice
22-03-06, 21:45
Oh come on, Smith! Steve McQueen alone makes it a *****/****. :tea:

:p its MY OPINION MONA!!!! lol

:ton:

SUGARPIE
22-03-06, 21:47
OK I will change it to a more recent movie for our younger generation.

Review the movie Titanic :)

Smith will Suffice
22-03-06, 21:56
i guess i will give others a chance now or i will just review everything :p

SUGARPIE
22-03-06, 22:04
i guess i will give others a chance now or i will just review everything :p

That's what I want you to do! Everyone has a shot at it, it isn't exclusive so let me read your review Smithy :tmb:

stereopathic
22-03-06, 22:12
i have seen great escape so i did it anyway.

Captured by the Nazis and relegated to a POW camp during WWII, an elite group of Allies combine their wits with their limited resources to hatch an amazing escape plan. Steve McQueen and Richard Attenborough lead one of the greatest casts ever assembled in this sometimes humorous, sometimes thrilling tale of heroism and intrigue.

Unfortunately, the film does tend to stray from the truth and McQueen’s lust to be seen on a motorcycle sullies the keen efforts of the Europeans in distress. They’ve gone and designed uniforms and identification cards while the American’s plan is to steal a bike and hop fences. Though fun to watch, the film just glances at realism, making more of an effort to entertain rather than to honor.

Smith will Suffice
22-03-06, 22:22
ok, but im just gonna do a capsulated review:

TITANIC

james cameron's $200-million epic re-creation of the historic 1912 disaster at sea is visually spectacular yet dramatically weak. The film earns its gee-whiz stripes and then some in a series of special-effects shots from the passages on the wounded, sinking ship. kate winslet and leonardo dicaprio, as lovers who leap across class lines to get together, are saddled with dialogue from banal to inane, though.

*** out of ****

Celephais
22-03-06, 22:35
TITANIC

Jame's Cameron's Titanic is a movie I've never seen but I bought the soundtrack album unaware that Celine Dion is nearly universally reviled and thus became a near social pariah, forcing me to spend unnecessary money on respectable artists like Evanescence to restore some of my damaged credibility. An expensive movie for me therefore and one I am unable to shake off disagreeable memories of.

* out of *****

Neteru
22-03-06, 22:42
LOL Have you ever been a teacher by any chance Sugarpie?

Apofiss
22-03-06, 22:55
Titanic

I'll skip the standart lines, ok? :p A movie which touching-brutaly achieves its goal to make most of as to burst into the real passionate tears. Is it music, story or characters? A romantical wonder and tragedy created by two (also cute looking, of course :D ) people in love which stays true till the end! It rejoice, entertain and depress at the same time... Shortly, must see

Angel666
23-03-06, 01:11
TITANIC

Tragic love story of girly Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslett on the doomed ocean liner. Leo is a painter, Kate is rich. She tries to kill herself, he stops her and paints a naked portrait of her. Good music, average acting, and very depressing. ** out of ****

SUGARPIE
23-03-06, 01:36
My review:

Titanic was a box Office hit and let's face it, it needed to be due to the sheer amount of dollars that preceded it.

In spite of the fictional and, at times, drawn-out love affair between fictional characters Jack and Rose (played by Kate Winslet and Leonardo De caprio respectively), the liner took first prize.

The movie attempts and also succeeds in capturing the ambience of those last grim moments aboard a sinking ship. Contrary to poular belief, there was no such thing as 'calm' when the chips were down. Men were indeed shot for disrupting the proceedings with regard to the rule 'Women and children first'

Depending on your preferences as to what constitutes a good movie I recommend it for pure family entertainment.