PDA

View Full Version : How do you spend your birthday?

ingistefans
24-03-06, 08:39
My 20's came up a couple of days ago (the legal drinking age in Iceland:D) and I had a whole day planed but no, extra night shift, evening shift, AND I manage a small tkd club with some people and I had to do a bunch of stuff in that, and I sleept 2 hours So, my birthday officially sucked.

Got any good birthday storys:D??? hehe

Nephili
24-03-06, 10:08
Over the past few years, anything i have planned for my birthday has never happened, so now ive given up on celebrating.

Celephais
24-03-06, 10:13
Ooh, my birthday exploits are pretty exciting I can tell you! Every year I get a cake and (get this)....I eat some.

Lara's Boy
24-03-06, 12:48
Actually, this year I forgot my b-day. I wake up at 5 am central time for work, and After I got out of the shower my family was in our dining room with pastries and cake, and I was like, WTF? After they started singing I was like! OMG! I am 19! lol:p

Ampersand
24-03-06, 12:49
I don't spend it. :D I usually get some money in my birthday cards, or some very dodgy presents that I don't want, but that it really. I'm not a party-and-cake person. :)

saray
24-03-06, 12:58
i go to school on my freakin b'day most years but after i go to the cinema, get forced to watch some crap film like star wars ( well IMO its crap) and have to put up with my dad snoring half way though, oh how my birthdays are full of joy!

Greenkey2
24-03-06, 13:08
I spent my last birthday (21) at a spa - really big treat :D

Catlantean
24-03-06, 13:09
Locked up in my room, studying. My birthday somehow always happens to fall in a week when I have exams :(

Sunwave
24-03-06, 13:10
My family always visits me when I have birthday. And since nobody in my family has died yet (except for my father :() it's pretty busy then. They always give me money because I've already got everything (geez i'm so spoiled actually). :D
Sometimes I celebrate with my friends as well. Last year we went karting. That was SO fun! :jmp: :jmp:
Other times I just forget.

Henhead
24-03-06, 15:34
In the pub :D

Andromeda66
24-03-06, 15:49
Ooh, my birthday exploits are pretty exciting I can tell you! Every year I get a cake and (get this)....I eat some.

:eek: You've GOT to be kidding. You get the cake and eat it too? :D

There was this one time...I think it was my 16th birthday, Just me and my family and my dog went for this lonely trek in the mountains. That was awesome.

If I celebrate my birthday now, its just a small hangout with close freinds. :wve:

Geck-o-Lizard
24-03-06, 16:07
I'm usually at school for my birthday (this year it falls on a Saturday though, woo). I usually go out to an Indian restaurant with parents and sister, but nothing more extravagant than that. Hard to party when you've got no friends [that you'd ever want to go partying with]. :rolleyes:

Ah well, next June 17th... watch out. I'll be allowed out on the roads. ;)

CerebralAssassin
24-03-06, 17:20
I'm usually at school for my birthday (this year it falls on a Saturday though, woo). I usually go out to an Indian restaurant with parents and sister, but nothing more extravagant than that. Hard to party when you've got no friends [that you'd ever want to go partying with]. :rolleyes:

Ah well, next June 17th... watch out. I'll be allowed out on the roads. ;)
Your birthday's on june 17th?

Jacob x5
24-03-06, 17:27
"Happy Birthday!"
*Opens presents.*
*Eats cake.*
The rest of the day is pretty much normal. :p

Thorn
24-03-06, 17:31
Just go out to the clubs dancing. If I wasn't in the mood I'd watch some movies with my friends.

Anubis_AF
24-03-06, 17:34
I barely do anything. Just the usual stuff.

Neteru
24-03-06, 17:44
Like christmas, it's just another day.

Cassandra12
24-03-06, 18:45
I passed my last b-day (15 years old on 18th feb) only eith my best friend. A pizza, a lot of music and my computer!
It was so funny!:jmp:
Before this b-day I passed all else in a party...but I still was a kid until 13!:p

Sofitegan
24-03-06, 19:11
Open presents.

Laugh at the revolting clothes my family have given me.

Eat. (people have an annoying tendency to but me gelatine filled sweets, which i dont eat. :hea:)

Thats pretty much it really.

Belfastard
24-03-06, 19:25
On the floor unconscious due to over-drinking. :wve:

Oh no, sorry. I do that every weekend any way! So I guess my Birthday is like every weekend?

JACOBryanBURNS
24-03-06, 19:42
usually trashed drunk with my friends. ahaha.

Reggie
24-03-06, 19:46
Well tomorrow I'm planning to spend my Birthday by going to the cienma with my friends, then going shopping with all my Birthday money then taking my friends back to my place and having some mexican food :D

CerebralAssassin
24-03-06, 21:08
usually trashed drunk with my friends. ahaha.
You look like your under aged LOL!

Shauni
24-03-06, 21:29
My family always visits me when I have birthday. And since nobody in my family has died yet (except for my father :() it's pretty busy then. They always give me money because I've already got everything (geez i'm so spoiled actually). :D
Sometimes I celebrate with my friends as well. Last year we went karting. That was SO fun! :jmp: :jmp:
Other times I just forget.

I just read this, and my heart just dropped. I am so sorry about your Father, Sunwave. :( :hug:

Well, as for me and Birthdays.. I always want it to be so special, but it never really seems to be. I've only ever had one Birthday out of all of my Birthdays that I have actually enjoyed... My 16th Birthday is 5 days away, and that's really special for me because a few years ago I didn't think that I would live to see my 16th Birthday. :( So it's really quite a landmark for me, but I want it to be really exciting and different from all of my other b-days, you know.. If all goes planned, I'll actually get out of the house and go to the cinema with my friends from my youth group on my B-day. That'll be the first time I've ever done that... :)

xMiSsCrOfTx
24-03-06, 21:31
Partying with friends of course! ;)

CerebralAssassin
24-03-06, 21:32
I just read this, and my heart just dropped. I am so sorry about your Father, Sunwave. :( :hug:

Well, as for me and Birthdays.. I always want it to be so special, but it never really seems to be. I've only ever had one Birthday out of all of my Birthdays that I have actually enjoyed... My 16th Birthday is 5 days away, and that's really special for me because a few years ago I didn't think that I would live to see my 16th Birthday. :( So it's really quite a landmark for me, but I want it to be really exciting and different from all of my other b-days, you know.. If all goes planned, I'll actually get out of the house and go to the cinema with my friends from my youth group on my B-day. That'll be the first time I've ever done that... :)
You didn't think you would see your 16th birthday?why?

Shauni
24-03-06, 21:47
You didn't think you would see your 16th birthday?why?
Well, I don't mean to fill the Birthday thread with any sort of pity party, that's no what I want it to be, but since you asked... It's because of my disease..

You see, I've had Celiac all of my life, that disease is not life threatening, but it weakens my immune system. So I'm more susceptible to other illnesses. When I was about 12 years old I was diagnosed with a second disease, but the Doctors continually changed their minds about what I had. Which is very unnerving. So I didn't know if it was life threatening or not (and I still don't) since they can't figure out what I have. But it's really wiped out the strength in my arms, sometime I can't even open up a bottle of Sprite on my own. And I can't have my body temperature get too cold or too hot, otherwise I have some serious problems..

Not too long after that I had terrible depression for a year straight (and for my age at the time, a whole year of depression was a huge percentage of my life). And I honestly didn't think I would live past that either..

-So, yes, making it to my 16th Birthday is a huge landmark for me. I didn't think I'd make it this far. I'm very thankful for still being here today. :)

Melonie Tomb Raider
24-03-06, 22:33
With family. :)