PDA

View Full Version : New Texas Chainsaw DVD

TombRaiderLover
24-03-06, 21:47
GREAT NEWS!!!! :yah:

http://www.thehotspotonline.com/moviespot/holly/t/texcsmc.jpg

Dark Sky Films have revealed early details for a new two-disc special edition of the much-loved horror classic THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE, directed by Tobe Hooper and banned for 25 years.

The film is about a group of five youths who visit a cemetary and are killed off by a chainsaw-swinging maniac. Although it might sound like another typical gore-filled film, it's an intelligent thriller with enough shocks and thrills to keep you on the edge of your seat. And there's very little gore, anyway. It's all in the mind and the film has a way of making you think you've seen a gore-fest when technically you have not.

Special features for the DVD include:

*New digital transfer
*Dolby Digital 5.1
*Dolby Stereo 2.0
*Mono
*Audio commentary by Marilyn Burns, Allen Danziger, Paul A. Partain and Robert A. Burns
*Audio commentary by Tobe Hooper, Daniel Pearl and Gunnar Hansen
*'The Shocking Truth' documentary
*All new documentary!!!
*Photo galleries
*Radio spots
*TV spots
*Trailers
*And more!

The DVD will be released in September!

Pablo.CT
24-03-06, 22:52
I didnt really like the TCM it sort of made me depressed, I couldnt watch it again.

But thanx for the Info.

Immortalis08
24-03-06, 23:52
I was deathly afraid of the remake! Seriously i was awake for weeks and paranoid for months! I can only imagine what the original is like! :(

Thorir
25-03-06, 00:17
It's a great movie! Really scary! But not particulary gory at all, actually. It's just the atmosphere and story that makes it scary! Really put me off eating meat for a few weeks... Really great for people who want to become vegetarians. Uugh...

The people in it are completely PSYCHO!!!

TombRaiderLover
25-03-06, 13:03
I thought the remake was terrible!

jamieoliver22
25-03-06, 13:39
To be honest, I really like horror films and can watch most of them, but TCM, i had to turn off after about 20 mins.. lol

Thorir
25-03-06, 13:44
Who's for dinner? :D

http://movie-slashers.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/tcm5.jpg

Paperdoll
25-03-06, 13:44
oooh I've watched this movie sooo long ago... I loved it :D I think I was 13 at the time... so it's been 5 years...I think :p I can't rememeber the most of it but I do remember that it was way better than the remake, the weirdness of it all. But I can't remember being scared :X

Thorn
25-03-06, 14:09
The original is so creepy! In the middle of nowhere there's a crazy psychotic family. You can tell it was made in America during the 70's because of the quality and clothes. Feels like a home made movie, eek!

Spitfire
25-03-06, 14:42
i still havent seen either..and it looks kinda cheesy, if anything ill go and see the oringal before i see the remake which i have heard over and over sucked.

Pablo.CT
25-03-06, 15:31
I havent seen the original. The most disturbing factor of this is that it is based on True events.

Its just too horrible and creepy to think that there are people like this.

TombRaiderLover
25-03-06, 17:25
I'm surprised by the number of replies. Usually when I create a thread about a DVD being released, I get about one reply!

tombraider_roxs
25-03-06, 18:17
Everyone loves Texas Chainsaw Massacre. :D

I have the original DVD somewhere, it's much better than the remake.

scion05
25-03-06, 18:37
I havent seen the original. The most disturbing factor of this is that it is based on True events.

Its just too horrible and creepy to think that there are people like this.

yes but not as true as they make it out to be... its based on the infamous killer ed gein who would dig up people and cut of their skin to wear as clothes.... there was no texas chainsaw massacre however :) infact this is based on the same killer as the mad man in silence of the lambs was who cut of that womans skin :)

Ive seen both and dont find any scary wahtsoever :)

Neteru
25-03-06, 18:52
Everyone loves Texas Chainsaw Massacre. :DNot so. I watched the original on pirate video way back in 198 something or other. It bored the hell out of me.

Quiver.
25-03-06, 19:28
well, I loved the remake :D

scion05
25-03-06, 19:33
Not so. I watched the original on pirate video way back in 198 something or other. It bored the hell out of me.

lol its only like 45 mins till the movie gets going ! :ton:

Palindromi
25-03-06, 20:24
My brother bought that 2-disc edition some weeks ago and he thought it might be good, many critics have given 5 stars. We watched it together and have to admit it was big disappointment. It might be shocking in 70īs, but nowadays it boring. We didnīt watch extras at all, brother sold dvd immediately. On the other hand I havenīt seen the new version of movie, and it canīt be worse than original anyway.

TombRaiderLover
25-03-06, 20:31
Your brother couldn't have brought that DVD, because it isn't out yet.

Infact, I think they're only in the middle of making it!

Palindromi
26-03-06, 06:44
Your brother couldn't have brought that DVD, because it isn't out yet.

Infact, I think they're only in the middle of making it!
Well, it was 2-disc special edition and bought legally from reliable store. Price was about 10 e. Maybe that was previous special edition, and upgrated version cames out later.

Belfastard
26-03-06, 06:53
Ahh! I love that movie! :yah: Thanks for the news!

The remake was AWFUL! Not half was atmospheric and scary as the 1st one. The way the 1st one was filmed made it feel "real". It was filmed very "raw". I can't wait for this!

Thanks again!

TombRaiderLover
06-05-06, 12:46
I hated the remake!!

Shark_Blade
06-05-06, 15:41
What's up with the remake?Tell me more about the remake, please.
I watched the original and it's surely enjoyable!!!:jmp:

TombRaiderLover
06-05-06, 15:46
The remake is completely different. Instead of picking up a hitchhiker, they pick up a timid girl who keeps going on about someone going after her, then she shoots herself.

At the beginning and ending of the film, footage of a man talking about the aftermath of the massacre are shown.

The characters are completely different people.

There is an evil sheriff who is equally as bent on killing the teens as Leatherface.

Leatherface reveals his disfigured face.

There is no dinner scene.

At the end, the main character hides from Leatherface in lockers/cabinets (whatever they're called.)

Although it keeps the concept of a chainsaw-wielding maniac who kills travelling teens, it's a completely different film. Because it's so terrible, I can't remember much about.

Redeemer
06-05-06, 18:52
they are making a texas chainsaw massacre the begining set before this one
and there are three sequals to this texas chainsaw massacre origanal the people who made the remake are making texas chainsaw massacre the begining its already started prodution im not sure iff it will begood the remake was awful

Shark_Blade
07-05-06, 09:03
The remake is completely different. Instead of picking up a hitchhiker, they pick up a timid girl who keeps going on about someone going after her, then she shoots herself.

GASP:yik:
Then I had watched the remake!!With the girl who hid a pistol in her :cen: :cen:
*confused
Now I need to find the original movie.Man,why don't they make like Texas Chainsaw 2, so not to make fans confused.

TombRaiderLover
07-05-06, 09:57
GASP:yik:
Then I had watched the remake!!With the girl who hid a pistol in her :cen: :cen:
*confused
Now I need to find the original movie.Man,why don't they make like Texas Chainsaw 2, so not to make fans confused.

:yik: :yik: You poor, poor thing! You must watch the original as soon as possible!

TombRaiderLover
07-05-06, 10:13
The original Leatherface says hello:

http://www.houseofhorrors.com/leatherface.jpg

scion05
07-05-06, 10:17
The original Leatherface says hello:

http://www.houseofhorrors.com/leatherface.jpg

hiya :D

Mona Sax
07-05-06, 10:19
I watched it a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't like it. It's boring as hell IMO, and it definitely looks every bit like the cheap amateur movie it is (budget: $83,532, according to IMDB).

TombRaiderLover
07-05-06, 10:20
Leatherface: I want to wear your skin, scion05!

TombRaiderLover
07-05-06, 10:20
Boring???? I thought it was really fast-paced!

Shark_Blade
07-05-06, 11:16
:yik: :yik: You poor, poor thing! You must watch the original as soon as possible!
lmao:vlol:
btw, thanks for the heads up trl:tmb:
I'll go check with my mates later.