PDA

View Full Version : Damn kids!!!

Genocide
25-03-06, 02:18
Earlier today i took my mum out shopping and then to see V for vendetta at the cinema, to make up for sunday as i have to work, anyway on the way through the car park for kids aged between 9-13 started shouting some abusive stuff at us (including stuff i didnt know existed, an i can have a pretty foul mouth) we decided to ignore them, but they came right up beside us and continued so i shouted at them, they went away after a couple of mins, but as wepulled out of the car park, they hurled bricks at the car (which is acctually my girlfriends) we called the police, but by the time they arrived they had gone, luckily it didnt ruin the day
what the hell is up with todays youths??

Shauni
25-03-06, 02:26
Some kids these days are just like that... It's sad. :( Though sometimes it's not them that I worry about, but how their parents must be to have set such an example.. ~_~

xMiSsCrOfTx
25-03-06, 02:26
Aww man... Loud obnoxious people in theaters really make me angry. I've had many experiences of that sort. :rolleyes: :(

mtts06
25-03-06, 02:27
Aww man... Loud obnoxious people in theaters really make me angry. I've had many experiences of that sort. :rolleyes: :(

OMG yeah and when they have their cell phones go off! :mad:

Immortalis08
25-03-06, 02:27
Wow and i thought i was bad...

Seriously sometimes they need a good...um...slap! Honestly kids like that (well im almost 16 but anyway) are not going down a good road and will probably amount to nothing.

MizzCroft007
25-03-06, 02:28
That's freaking retarded, kids these days aren't brought up very well. It's sad. :( I'm sorry what happened, nonetheless.

Shauni
25-03-06, 02:31
Me too! I had a guy behind me talking on his cell phone during the entire third Matrix. And there was a couple giggling beside me through all of the second Lord of the Rings movie... That just really bugs me, especially when it's a really dramatic movie. ><

xMiSsCrOfTx
25-03-06, 02:35

Ugh, that's the worst. Especially when the notice comes on the screen (not sure if anyone else sees these) that tell you to keep your phones OFF right before the movie starts. People are really ignorant these days. :hea:

Immortalis08
25-03-06, 02:41
Ugh and when their ringtones match the ones heard on the ads! Then you KNOW they do it on purpose! :mad:

CroftsKid
25-03-06, 04:42
i can see them as robbers when there older! i would never do that!

Lenochka
25-03-06, 05:10
Just today a kid on our bus got kicked off for flipping off countless buses and cars. I think the reason for kids acting like this is because both parents work. Back a long time ago the dad would go to work and make the money the mother would stay at home caring after the kids and stuff like that. Now a days both parents are at work meaning there is nobody there for the kids. to guide them as they get older and there minds expand...

I hate kids these days there all so short and braty sometimes when they talk abck i just want to drop kick them XD

emo kid
25-03-06, 05:15
theres nothing wrong with amaericas youth
its the adults
FIGHT THE POWA
FIGHT THE POWA THAT BE
see if i was you
i eouldnt have even called the police
i would have got out the car and beat the hell out of them on the spot.
im not onna make a good father

Lenochka
25-03-06, 05:29
Beating a kid isnt right and you would most likely get in trouble for it. So basically would you rather get them in trouble or get them and yourself in trouble. Calling the police was a good decision...

emo kid
25-03-06, 05:36
Beating a kid isnt right and you would most likely get in trouble for it. So basically would you rather get them in trouble or get them and yourself in trouble. Calling the police was a good decision...
if they are old enough to throw bricks like a grown man
they are old enough to get there asses wh00ped by a grown man
thats how my parents, went about disciplining me
and i turned out awesome
and violent

Lenochka
25-03-06, 05:47
yeah the and violent part is what im talking about. I was never smacked around by my parents being yelled at was good enough. I never get in fights and all that im a good kid except grade wise XD
Usually kids learn things from a young age well soem disaplines are alittle over the top my grandma ( not blood by marriage ) Was beaten back when she lived in veitnam and she is so violent. She threw an ash tray at me before and knocked me out. I dont talk to her anymore...

SpongeBob Lover
25-03-06, 05:50
omg sorry that happened but i woudnt call the police because they arrive to late i woudve chase them and fight them, i know how to fight, i have my reputation at school

croft28
25-03-06, 06:36
I hate kids, so loud, so noisy, so naughty.

They should either be on a leash or kept in cages with wheels.

Known-Stranger
25-03-06, 06:43
well im a youth :D but i dont do anybad stuff, and i wasent anybody in the group, but id shout at them, push them and lurk bricks at them. do what they
did and they will se how tough you really are, then they wont bug you again.

TombRaiderLover
25-03-06, 09:37
Well, I am one of these youths/kids that everyone is talking negatively about, and not everyone is like that.

Ampersand
25-03-06, 09:48
My dad had a brick through his windscreen once, stupid yobs. And the parents' excuse? 'Oh, they're bored, they don't have any way to occupy themselves.' Utter tripe. :mad: Just give 'em a slap. :D

Me too! I had a guy behind me talking on his cell phone during the entire third Matrix. And there was a couple giggling beside me through all of the second Lord of the Rings movie... That just really bugs me, especially when it's a really dramatic movie. ><
Oh no, not the smooching-couple-in-the-cinema scenario! :eek: I had this when we went to watch Harry Potter 3. There were two daft lovebirds in the row in front, snogging throughout the whole thing. :o Mum and I just coughed loudly and kicked the back of their seat till they got the message. :D

Jacob x5
25-03-06, 09:54
I'm the same age as them and I simply fail to understand how anyone can even consider doing something like that. People who have got nothing better to do than hurl abuse at people they don't know are just completely and utterly pathetic, but people who throw bricks at cars have a serious, serious problem and need to get it sorted.

croft28
25-03-06, 09:56
Maybe someone should throw a brick at them?

Ampersand
25-03-06, 10:02
The last incident we had was an egg smashed over our front door, but we never see who does it. :mad: There's just never a brick within reach when you need it. :o

larasfrend
25-03-06, 11:46
I'm also a youth but I NEVER behave like that. What happened to respect for elders and being polite and well-behaved? :mad:

scion05
25-03-06, 11:54
Some kids these days are just like that... It's sad. :( Though sometimes it's not them that I worry about, but how their parents must be to have set such an example.. ~_~

you should never blame the parent ;)

Ampersand
25-03-06, 11:57
you should never blame the parent ;)

Oh...? :p I think both the parents and the children are to blame. :D If your parents were psychotic anti-social vandals, a bit of it's bound to rub off. :vlol:

Tramp
25-03-06, 12:13
I know a lot of you won't agree. But we didn't have these problems when schools were allowed to use corporal punishment. I'm not talking about beating, but the cane never seemed to hurt any of my generation any. And parents were allowed to smack their kids when they were naughty. I only ever got a few slaps when I was a kid. I only ever threw a tantrum in the supermarket once or twice as I was scared of the consequences. Mum used to say keep it up and I'll give you something to cry about. One slap across bare legs really does the trick.

It's no good sending kids to their rooms anymore for time out as that is no punishment. They have computers, TV's, videos, DVDs etc. in their rooms and they can have a great time instead of being punished. And by the way both my parents worked. If I was lucky I got to see my father before I had to go to bed.

As for being bored. What a crock. The nearest theatre to us was a half an hour's drive away and buses only ran on school days and school hours. If you didn't have a car you didn't go anywhere. We didn't have computers, videos or DVDs. We had TV's and radios that was it. We may have had a local dance once a month at the local Masonic Hall nothing else. We read books, we played with our friends or if you were like me and I was an only child with not very many kids my age around you played on your own.

We certainly didn't abuse people and we did not throw bricks at people or cars.

Ampersand
25-03-06, 12:18
I agree with you, Tramp. :) There's no point in 'grounding' kids any more - in fact I'm quite happy to stay locked in my room all day, of my own accord. My parents have to drag me out. :D

A disciplining slap doesn't equal harrowing child abuse, and I think it's silly that people can't tell the difference. And nowadays, when almost every kid has a TV, PC, or game console in their bedrooms, 'being bored' is really no excuse. Some children just can't entertain themselves quietly and sensibly. :(

Tramp
25-03-06, 12:29
I didn't say we were quiet Ampersand. When my next door neighbour and I used to give a whistle you could probably hear us 1/2 a mile away. We used to play hide and seek, ride our pushbikes and we definitely got into a lot of mischief. We used to have great fun building cubby houses.

We did have the odd bad apple but I really can't even remember one in our town. It was usually the larger areas and they had a lot more to occupy their time than we did. Our nearest shop was 1/2 a mile away so you really built up a thirst getting to the milk bar to have a Coke or a Milk Shake.

rika2
25-03-06, 12:33

yeah, they should be shot dead at that point...

Ampersand
25-03-06, 12:33
Oh, I was listening to next door's kid screaming outside and thinking it'd be nice if she could keep it down. :vlol:

I myself am more of a reading-writing-and-board-games sort of person. :D

Ampersand
25-03-06, 12:35
Yes, the dreaded cell phones. I have one, but hardly ever use it. I probably won't until I'm in dire trouble. :D

No mention of the very loud, fancy ringtones that they allow to play for ages, just to show off... :pi:

rika2
25-03-06, 12:40
Portugal has the biggest obsetion (hope I spelled it right) for cellphones. If you don't have a cellphone by the time you're 13, it's like if you were a jew in german in 1942...

Tramp
25-03-06, 12:40
We used to play Board Games too. Monopoly has always been a favourite. We weren't loud all the time and we did live on 5 acre blocks of land. There were no building blocks or house blocks where I lived when I was a kid. The were mostly Orchards, Fruit and Vegetables and Poultry Growers (Egg layers and meat bird breeders).

Ampersand
25-03-06, 12:42
Sounds lovely. And wholesome. :)

I'm wicked at Monopoly. Sometimes. :D

rika2
25-03-06, 12:44
Monopoly is hard when you play with some1 with excessive luck, it happens to me all the time.

Genocide
25-03-06, 18:45
theres nothing wrong with amaericas youth
its the adults
FIGHT THE POWA
FIGHT THE POWA THAT BE
see if i was you
i eouldnt have even called the police
i would have got out the car and beat the hell out of them on the spot.
im not onna make a good father
i wouldnt know about americas youth, im British-yorkshire born and bred, but if i were to hit them i would be arrested for assaulting a minor, so the police was the only option i had

Celephais
25-03-06, 19:12
I can't really compare youth's rudeness of various times as I don't know what happens everyhwere. I grew up in the west coast of Scotland in the early 80s and the behaviour of a lot of the schoolkids was abominable. Mind you in those Thatcherite days of high unemployment and general government disregard for things north of London it's not surprising that there was a lot of discontent. I moved to the east coast and it *seemed* that in general schoolkids weren't so obnoxious, but even then I'd always hear old ladies gabbing on street corners about "Oh dear, the youth of today, just shocking" Whether kids of today really are ruder or whether it's just human nature to complain I don't know.

But even then delinquency is nothing new; where do you think punk music came from? And the Nazi Party woud have gotten nowhere without the SA brownshirt street punks to hlep them along.

Wow, that was deep.

Maybe someone should throw a brick at them?

I love this idea. It's just so simple and badass.

Spitfire
25-03-06, 19:24
This is why when kids yell at you, simply approach them and get nice and close...then simply whisper in one of the kids ear. "If you don't want trouble id shut the hell up if i were you."

Then pretend something is on ur pocket ;)
Its harsh but quite affective.

Same thing happened to my sister, she is 24 but looks 18 and some dumb girl was howling at her or something, i guess she was a lesbian and calling my sis sick names in public. She followed me and her to our car with two other girls and kept saying stuf and got really anoying. So my sister decided to respond.
"You want some of this" She replied while she pulled out some scissors from her dashboard...yeah they took off rather fast...
Again harsh but sometimes you have to be

xMyrax
25-03-06, 19:36
"You want some of this" She replied while she pulled out some scissors from her dashboard...yeah they took off rather fast...
Again harsh but sometimes you have to be

LOL! :D Ill try that one day :vlol:

Airave
25-03-06, 20:40
I am older then most (if not all) of you
and have been there, done that in many ways.

If you have it in you, do what you gotta do
however you gotta do it- if it needs to be done.
W/o witnesses....

Is always best to walk away from a bad situation
with a sense of humour if you can.

Win/win is always the best outcome.

If not possible, win/lose with you the winner.
But that don't come easy....

I'd make those FXrZ love and wanna be like me!

Or beat them down, to a point that wouldn't make me cry...
but that is just me.

Draco
25-03-06, 20:59
It's a fine line between discipline and abuse...but that's no excuse for people to be so scared to discipline that they might as well not even be parents.