PDA

View Full Version : Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

illuminati30
25-03-06, 11:56
Has anyone got this?

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/theelderscrollsivoblivion/index.html

Whats it like? I am quite tempted to get it today as i shop for a mothers day present. If only my mum liked games :whi:

UNDERTAKER
25-03-06, 12:13
I'm tempted to buy it. But it will have to be after I have completed Legend. Elder Scrolls just looks far too big to complete in just a few weeks.

illuminati30
25-03-06, 12:20
I'm tempted to buy it. But it will have to be after I have completed Legend. Elder Scrolls just looks far too big to complete in just a few weeks.

Yeah i heard interstellardave say he was going to wait until there is nothing good around to play, as it will take so long, and thats a good idea. But it looks fab, but i should be studying for exams really :(

DonnieDarko
25-03-06, 13:35
I recently bought it and have played it for a couple of hours. It's really good: great atmosphere, great music... and the freedom you get is just spectacular. But as said before, it's a bit to long if you want to finish it before TR Legend comes out. I'm just gonna explore the world a bit, find some good armor and level-up my classes a bit.

stereopathic
25-03-06, 16:42
my mom has it. i went over there to watch her play it and it is truly phenomenal. beautiful graphics & intuitive controls. actually, just saying beautiful graphics doen't do it justice. it's the most beautiful game i've ever seen.

the character creation process was very in-depth as you can adjust stuff like mouth size, how far the mouth is from the chin, how close the eyes are together, nostril size, skin tone, age. difficulty setting is on a slider instead of just easy, medium hard. you can finetune it to about 20 different settings.

the game gives you a little warmup with your character so you can get a taste of combat, exploration, magic, stealth, etc... so after you have gotten a chance to play a little, then you are prompted to pick a class. and i think there's like 20-something classes. it's truly amazing.

xMiSsCrOfTx
25-03-06, 16:43
I want to get this game, it looks really good. Too bad I don't have an Xbox 360. :(

Ampersand
25-03-06, 16:45
The character creation sounds amazing! :eek: Another game that I really want but can't get. :o

Lenochka
25-03-06, 17:06
Attack of the show reviewed this game and said its not worth buying that renting is better because of a couple reasons i cant remember...

illuminati30
25-03-06, 17:24
my mom has it. i went over there to watch her play it and it is truly phenomenal. beautiful graphics & intuitive controls. actually, just saying beautiful graphics doen't do it justice. it's the most beautiful game i've ever seen.

the character creation process was very in-depth as you can adjust stuff like mouth size, how far the mouth is from the chin, how close the eyes are together, nostril size, skin tone, age. difficulty setting is on a slider instead of just easy, medium hard. you can finetune it to about 20 different settings.

the game gives you a little warmup with your character so you can get a taste of combat, exploration, magic, stealth, etc... so after you have gotten a chance to play a little, then you are prompted to pick a class. and i think there's like 20-something classes. it's truly amazing.

Wow that sounds amazing! I would have picked it up today, even just to play with for a short while, but the 49.99 price tag is a bit much for me, and plus i will have to pay that when legend is out soon.

illuminati30
25-03-06, 17:25
Attack of the show reviewed this game and said its not worth buying that renting is better because of a couple reasons i cant remember...

Really? Thats strange, i have only seen good reviews so far....

Raydai
25-03-06, 17:28
Gamespot: Best RPG ever made!

The Good: Huge, lavishly detailed world offers tremendous amount of action and adventure; main mechanics like combat, stealth, and magic are fun and well designed; impressive artificial intelligence and hundreds of believable characters; outstanding symphonic score, as well as excellent voice acting and sound effects; tremendous replay value, plus gorgeous graphics to make it easy on the eyes.

The Bad: Frequent but fairly brief loading times; you might run into some technical issues with performance.

But like Undertaker... I 'll wait until I am tired of TR Legend because Oblivion is not a game were you can easily pick up and play.

stereopathic
25-03-06, 17:28
lenochka: i can't agree with them because if you had any desire to play through and finish the game, you'd pay just as much to keep re-renting it as you would by just buying it. the designers put a lot of effort into increasing replay value as well. i would recommend buying it, personally.

BlackGrey
25-03-06, 21:50
Wow this game looks incredible :cln: *counts pennies* YOu can ride horses!!!

Lenochka
25-03-06, 22:38
Attack of the show review...
http://www.g4tv.com/video.aspx?video_key=10806

mtts06
25-03-06, 22:44
Ugh, I hate attack of the show, their just a bunch of idiots talking about absolutely nothing (in reality)..........I used to watch them when I had nothing to do of course...

Anyways, about oblivion, I am thinking about buying it; just seems like I might not really get into it since i'm not that big on RPGs but i'll definately rent it sooner or later.

Lenochka
25-03-06, 22:48
there idiots because they told people not to buy oblivian? i dont like some of the things they say but they cant be that bad if there still airing...

mtts06
25-03-06, 22:51
No I didn't mean their idiots just because of what they said about Oblivion I meant just in general... whenever i watch AoTS, half of the time there talking about nothing (to me)... and G4 is not getting any better, most of the shows are not even about gaming. :rolleyes: