PDA

View Full Version : Smoking ban comes into force in Scotland tonight

tlr online
25-03-06, 22:50
Any Scots here care to comment on the breathe of fresh air that'll be wasping through bars and clubs in Scotland tomorrow?

illuminati30
25-03-06, 22:58
My friend (jcpren on here) was making the most of it in the pub last night, as it wont be allowed anymore. I think its great. I hate stinking of fag smoke after a night out eewwwww

scion05
25-03-06, 23:01
i hope they have it in england too

illuminati30
25-03-06, 23:03
i hope they have it in england too

its coming later i believe. Nice new avatar!

Lenochka
25-03-06, 23:06
I personaly love smokers I love making out with them and having smoke seeping out of my nose... XD

No really i hate smoking its nasty as heck

Lew
25-03-06, 23:08
Yeah i do we have to wait til summer 2007 don't we?

scion05
25-03-06, 23:24
its coming later i believe. Nice new avatar!

:D

Nephili
25-03-06, 23:24
I smoke, but im actually for a ban on smoking in public places, i mean if im that desperate for one, i can go outside right?

UNDERTAKER
26-03-06, 00:52
Excellent. My clothes will no longer stink of cigs at the end of the night.

Belfastard
26-03-06, 01:00
I smoke, and I agree to the smoking ban also.

But what is going to happen? Here in Belfast, SO many people smoke whilst out in pubs/clubs. I can't see every one going outside for a cigarette. The bouncers would not allow it; unless some clubs/bars have an outside area for smokers?

Nephili
26-03-06, 01:02
I smoke, and I agree to the smoking ban also.

But what is going to happen? Here in Belfast, SO many people smoke whilst out in pubs/clubs. I can't see every one going outside for a cigarette. The bouncers would not allow it; unless some clubs/bars have an outside area for smokers?

Luckily i live in Cornwall, we dont have alot of bars with bouncers on the doors, so it should be fine. Not sure about clubs though.

Belfastard
26-03-06, 01:57
Luckily i live in Cornwall, we dont have alot of bars with bouncers on the doors, so it should be fine. Not sure about clubs though.

The local club I go to has an outside area any way, so it should be OK with me, but I sometimes go to other clubs because some of my friends hate going to The Kremlin as they aren't gay and don't want to go there incase some sees them and thinks they are gay/lesbian! :vlol:

Any way, in these other clubs, they don't have outside areas. Most bars here do have an outside area, just not the clubs. I don't know what's going to happen. I'm actually looking forward to it! LOL! :jmp: It'll be interesting to see what a club is like without the smell if smoke everywhere!

Immortalis08
26-03-06, 02:03
I am obviously not from Scotland. But they have a similar smoking ban over here in Chicago. For now SOME bars and pubs have a bit of a loop-hole that they can take advantage of until 2007 (i think)

I for one an undecided with the smoking ban, if you plan to do something unhealthy, don't put anyone else at risk from second hand smoke. But then again, it feels like the government is taking WAY TOO much control over us. They banned cell-phone use while driving a car here too! :hea:

Belfastard
26-03-06, 02:08
But then again, it feels like the government is taking WAY TOO much control over us.

I can see were you are coming from! But I think it's fair. For example, before I started smoking, I would hate it SO much if I was waiting for a bus, and some one sat down beside me and started smoking and the wind would blow the smoke into my face. It was disgusting.