PDA

View Full Version : The world - what everyone of us can do to help :D

Eleanna123
25-03-06, 23:04
:wve: I thought I would make a thread about something that is really important for everybody to keep in mind. I'm really tired of hearing about the conditions of the earth, how people treat animals and each other.
I myself try to do little or big things that could help even a little bit towards these things and I recommend everyone else to do them! Every little thing helps :D

The environment:
Don't litter (obvious)
If you can recycle
When you brush your teeth, have a shower, wash your face etc. stop the tap if you don't need water that minute (may help with the water bill as well!)
Use paper more than plastic (shopping bags, one-use cups, plates etc.)
Buy milk in paper cartons than in plastic bottles
Switch of lights that you don't need on. Try to use solar power devices for recharging mobiles etc.
Always recycle batteries, and try to use re-chargable ones

Animals:
Adopt a stray or feed a stray
If you have an animal take proper care of it, don't neglect it and don't throw it out if for some reason you don't want it anymore. If that's the case find a home for it
Try not to use animal-testing companies if you're interesting to see who tests and who doesn't see here http://www.caringconsumer.com/searchcompany.asp
Try being a vegetarian, it's good for your health and of course you save animals from suffering and dying.
Donate to animal protecting charities

People:
Try volunteering for charities etc.
Be pleasant (obvious!)
Smile and be humorous (a smile cheers everybody up)
EDIT: Be there for your friends and family when they need you
Don't say things against people of different beliefs or culture with intent to cause offense

that's all I can think of now. If anyone can think of anything else please add it. I really hope you guys use my suggestions (and I get some responses!) because everybody should take these things into consideration otherwise we're just being selfish!
That's about it :D

tlr online
25-03-06, 23:05
Penguins:
Be nice to tlr.

mtts06
25-03-06, 23:07
People different from you! :hea:
Treat them like you want to be treated gosh darnit!

Celephais
25-03-06, 23:10
I disagree with, the "Smile everyone! Smile!" tip. Excessive smiling is highly annoying. Yes Des O' Connor I'm talking to you.

scion05
25-03-06, 23:11
Penguins:
Be nice to tlr.

*slaps with wet old trout *

*banned* lmao

Eleanna123
25-03-06, 23:12
Penguins:
Be nice to tlr.

Why? Is someone not nice to you? :)

CerebralAssassin
25-03-06, 23:47
:Smile and be humorous (a smile cheers everybody up):D

:D :jmp:

Jacob x5
25-03-06, 23:52
People see this all as very clichéd and it's all very true. :tmb:

Don't be a racist! (that includes blondes as well)

No it doesn't, which is why they are called 'blonde jokes'. Also, it depends on your definition of 'racist'. Not to say things against people of different beliefs or culture with intent to cause offense would be a better way of putting it.

Penguins:
Be nice to tlr.

:vlol: :tmb:

I disagree with, the "Smile everyone! Smile!" tip. Excessive smiling is highly annoying. Yes Des O' Connor I'm talking to you.

:vlol: :tmb:

Eleanna123
25-03-06, 23:52
:D :jmp:

Heheh :D

Eleanna123
25-03-06, 23:56
People see this all as very clichťd and it's all very true. :tmb:

No it doesn't, which is why they are called 'blonde jokes'. Also, it depends on your definition of 'racist'. Not to say things against people of different beliefs or culture with intent to cause offense would be a better way of putting it.

I don't know, I find blonde jokes offensive as some people actually believe that blondes are stupid.
I will edit though and replace with what you said as it does seem a better way of putting it.

Jacob x5
25-03-06, 23:59
Well, those are the people that take the jokes too far. ;)

It's just a coincidence. :ton: :p

Eleanna123
25-03-06, 23:59

Well, don't be grumpy all the time then! I suppose that's better :p

illuminati30
26-03-06, 00:04
Nice thread! Some things i put together myself

Consider adopting a child with nothing rather than adding to an already over populated world.

Avoid eating in fast food restaurants as much as possible as they are not exactly environmentally friendly.

Dispose of old furniture appropriately and donít dump it. Also remember paint needs to be uplifted and canít be put in the bin.

Take old books and clothes to charity shops. Charity shops make money because people buy the books and return them, and then sell them on again. Paper back books can also be put in a recycle bin.

Reuse carrier bags and donít let an assistant in a shop give you a carrier bag if you donít actually need it.

Donít waste water, its totally totally precious, and we forget how lucky we are to have clean running water.

Donít waste electricity.

Give to charitey as much as possible.

Melonie Tomb Raider
26-03-06, 00:05
I think one of the biggest problems in our society is self absorption. At least in America that is... Everyone seems to be so full of themselves, and sadly, kids are even being taught to be selfish! Of course it's important to have self confidence; however, it's been taken to a whole new level. I believe that if we all learned to be more humble, and to treat other people how we would wish to be treated, the world would be a much, much better place.

Eleanna123
26-03-06, 00:09
Very nice illuminati :)
I forgot to add the save electricity, that's a good one!

MTR I agree with you on that, that's very true