PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen V For Vendetta?

TrojanMan
26-03-06, 04:44
Brilliant movie (saw it twice)! I picked up the comic today (with Metroid Prime: Hunters) and it, though vastly different from the film, is also quite good.

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/1874/badassvtrforumsbanner6gy.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Hoping I could make this my signiture, but it apparently doesn't approve of hotlinking...

Smith will Suffice
26-03-06, 05:46
this is like the 9th thread about V :p

saw it, liked it a lot :tmb:

wantafanta
26-03-06, 05:53
I just saw it. It was a good movie. A freind wanted me to go see it with him. I made him go see the Hostel with me (a terrible movie), so I guess I owed him one. But I was surprised. V wasn't a silly slasher movie. No supernatural nonsense in it. At first I thought V was maybe a ghost or something, but he was just a rebel and a mortal like the rest of us. That is what was good about the movie. It made it more believable. Though I still can't figure out who buys his groceries! But it was a political statement against the Bush administration and how we must not let our government get too powerful.

TrojanMan
26-03-06, 07:37
I just saw it. It was a good movie. A freind wanted me to go see it with him. I made him go see the Hostel with me (a terrible movie), so I guess I owed him one. But I was surprised. V wasn't a silly slasher movie. No supernatural nonsense in it. At first I thought V was maybe a ghost or something, but he was just a rebel and a mortal like the rest of us. That is what was good about the movie. It made it more believable. Though I still can't figure out who buys his groceries! But it was a political statement against the Bush administration and how we must not let our government get too powerful.

Yeah...
No. It was not at all attacking Bush in particular. At all. It's based on a comic book released in 1983. It's a statement against governments in general. Fascism was simply used to make the theme more appealing to the reader. If you'd read the book you'd know this since V is an anarchist. In no way is Sutler (the fascist leader) in anyway similar to Bush. Performing contreversial acts and controlling your population are two totally different things.

Megalith
26-03-06, 10:52
Unfortunately,here in Greece it won't be out until 13 of April.:(