PDA

View Full Version : should i buy a final fantasy game??

CroftsKid
26-03-06, 04:57
should I and which one?

Immortalis08
26-03-06, 05:05
Hmm have the recent threads been rubbing off on you?

Well if you truly want to play a classic and possibly one of the greatest games of all time. I would buy Final Fantasy 7. Be aware that graphics are very primitive but the story is engaging!

Want Romance and Time Traveling plots and high tech cities? Go for Final Fantasy 8.

Want comedy, classic tale, and inspiring music and delightful characters? Final Fantasy 9 is for you!

Good graphics, beautiful story, and a masterpiece that involves romance and addicting fun. Go for final fantasy 10.

Overall you cannot go wrong with any final fantasy.

CroftsKid
26-03-06, 05:07
hm i may go for final fantasy 10 im good with romance!

Immortalis08
26-03-06, 05:12
Hmm. Well all final fantasies include their romance.

Final Fantasy 7: Had a very popular and tragic love triangle between Aeris, Tifa, and Cloud.

Final Fantasy 8: Concentrated more on the theme of love and i found this love story particularly touching.

Final Fantasy 9: Not much on the love theme but there are subtle hints between the main protagonists towards the end.

Final Fantasy 10: Has its good deal of tragic romance.

CroftsKid
26-03-06, 05:14
ahhh ok tough one..... i still might get 10!

Immortalis08
26-03-06, 05:20
Good Choice. 10 has a good and original storyline. Although i dislike the main character a bit, he grew on me. It has awesome graphics, some of which games have yet to top! I loved this game to death!:jmp:

CroftsKid
26-03-06, 05:23
cool so thats it! next game i get is final fantasy 10! oh and can you post teh cover of it so i dont... mix up them?

Lenochka
26-03-06, 05:27
i love 7 it has all the best characters ^^ Tifa, Yuffie, cloud, Ares etc.

Tomb Raider 5194
26-03-06, 05:28
All are good!:tmb:
But I they have their sad parts :(.

Hmm. Well all final fantasies include their romance.

Final Fantasy 7: Had a very popular and tragic love triangle between Aeris, Tifa, and Cloud.

Final Fantasy 8: Concentrated more on the theme of love and i found this love story particularly touching.

Final Fantasy 9: Not much on the love theme but there are subtle hints between the main protagonists towards the end.

Final Fantasy 10: Has its good deal of tragic romance
I agree. :tmb:
So it is a very difficult choce and 10 has a very sad story :( but a good one. :tmb:

Tomb Raider 5194
26-03-06, 05:28
i love 7 it has all the best characters ^^ Tifa, Yuffie, cloud, Ares etc.
I agree. :tmb: I love Tifa and Aerith.

Immortalis08
26-03-06, 05:36
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/2030/images0nu.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

here you go! :D

Kiss-Bite
26-03-06, 05:46
I think all the Final fantasy games are 100% worth playing, esp FFVII to FFX2:D

keebz
26-03-06, 05:59
hmmm.... i don't know much about ff games. what kind are they? are they good?which shall i buy if i'm a starting player (ps2)? i'm just curious and want to know what type of games they are, ive never played them!!:p please explain!!

Immortalis08
26-03-06, 06:07
They are worth playing for their beautiful music, original stories, and deep characters. Final Fantasy is an RPG and requires patience and strategy. If you are looking for PS2 titles you don't really have much of a choice considering only Final Fantasy X and X-2 have been released. In my honest opinion, i am not a big fan of X-2. It was WAY too girlish for my tastes and the music took on a pop theme but i still enjoyed it. However i would rather go for X since it is a longer and more original game.

Final Fantasy titles differ in gameplay, style and battle. You strengthen your characters by participating in random monster battles that give you experience (EXP) points to advance to the next level. Levels increase your strength and attributes. (Ex: Level 2 > Level 1). In FFX the leveling system was ditched for a more contemporary sphere grid system that allowed you to customize your characters attributes by earning sphere points. Gameplay in FF7-FF9/FFX-2 uses the activeturn based system. Basically characters take turns to either heal, protect, use magic, or physically attack. Its more challenging to the player as monsters attack while you choose an attack. FFX goes to Turn based system which makes it easier as your characters take turns and depending on their actions determines the order and timing of which your characters and even monsters take turns. Creative magic spells like fire,blizzard, thunder and such are used. As you progress in the game, so do the spell. (fire<Fira<Firaga) and cause more damage. You can also summon monsters in the game as well.

The PS games are definitely worth a look. Just think of how people enjoy the classic TR games. People also enjoy older Final Fantasies because of their impact and gameplay. Final Fantasy VII was known for making RPGs popular and was rated one of the greatest games of all time!

Tomb Raider 5194
26-03-06, 06:07
hmmm.... i don't know much about ff games. what kind are they? are they good?which shall i buy if i'm a starting player (ps2)? i'm just curious and want to know what type of games they are, ive never played them!!:p please explain!!
They are very good :tmb:.
They have a deep awesome storyline.
And you'll just enjoy it garantee it :tmb:.

CroftsKid
26-03-06, 06:08
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/2030/images0nu.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

here you go! :D
ok thanks

keebz
26-03-06, 06:09
thanks. what type of games are they, like action adventure or fighting or what?

Thorn
26-03-06, 06:11
X has the best enthralling story I think. So sad and beautiful at the same time.

Tomb Raider 5194
26-03-06, 06:14
X has the best enthralling story I think. So sad and beautiful at the same time.
Agree and its very sad too :(.

Thorn
26-03-06, 06:15
Agree and its very sad too :(.
Did the ending make you cry? I've cried at least 4 times. Can't believe a video game can do that to you! :o

Immortalis08
26-03-06, 06:16
thanks. what type of games are they, like action adventure or fighting or what?

They are RPG's. (Role Playing Games) Read my edited post ;).

They involve fighting and sometimes include puzzles but not like TR puzzles or anything of the sort.

keebz
26-03-06, 06:23

scion05
26-03-06, 08:42
get FF8 its brill and the woamn from my avatars in it!

RAID
26-03-06, 08:46
I'd go with FF8 and FF9. FFX is not that good IMO. It's nothing but gay scenes all the time. And X-2, is nothing but lame sidequests, like selling tickets and finding a soulmate for a guy or mating monkeys and stuff like that...

RAID
26-03-06, 08:46
Currently waiting for FFXII. I've played the demo and it's great.

Megalith
26-03-06, 10:50
Buy FFX.Great graphics,good storyline,awesome music.In my opinion it also has the best leveling system and the best sub-game.
It also has a lot of sidequests,and the international version has some great bosses(dark aeons).

Pyett101
26-03-06, 11:57
i have got every ff game. love them all. amazing!!! r u all getting final fantasy 12 this year??:D

Nephili
26-03-06, 12:28
I think all the Final fantasy games are 100% worth playing, esp FFVII to FFX2:D

I agree :tmb:

VII has an amazing storyline, and play X- after X for alot of questions answered, and a less serious more fun storyline :D

MiCkiZ88
26-03-06, 12:37
I recommend ffvii, ffviii and ffx ( x-2 if you really loved th story and want to see some hot girly action ;) )

ffx made me cry because it was so good :'(

Immortalis08
26-03-06, 17:34
I'd go with FF8 and FF9. FFX is not that good IMO. It's nothing but gay scenes all the time. And X-2, is nothing but lame sidequests, like selling tickets and finding a soulmate for a guy or mating monkeys and stuff like that...

I didn't thnk FFX was gay. The only thing that made it corny was Tidus. I just hated his voice!:hea:

FF8 was a masterpiece! The only thing you might get stuck on is the whole system they use to strengthen your attributes. It took me a while to get the junctioning system down.

TombRaiderLover
26-03-06, 17:56
Which Final Fantasy game was the one where you played some famous character at a concert or something of that kind signing autographs? He'd leave and then you'd meet these strange creatures on the street. And it was on the PS2.

I think it was Final Fantasy X. Am I right?

Yuna´s Wish
26-03-06, 18:00
FFX starts at a stadium, after playing Blitzball (a water sport). But FFX-2 stars at the same stadium after a music concert.:)

TombRaiderLover
26-03-06, 18:04
FFX starts at a stadium, after playing Blitzball (a water sport). But FFX-2 stars at the same stadium after a music concert.:)

Thanks!

Tomb Raider 5194
26-03-06, 18:43
Did the ending make you cry? I've cried at least 4 times. Can't believe a video game can do that to you! :o
They told me about it and I felt sad :(. Ohh Ohhh and the part when they are at Macalania Woods and in X2 when she visits it and whisle to remember him, that made me so sad.
Like in X2 I didnt get to the **Spoiler** reunion part **Spoiler** and felt sad cause she never got to him, but then I pressed the X and then... :D.
Im taking this thread as a What game made you cry lol.

Jack Croft
26-03-06, 18:44
i really enjoy 8 for ps1 or FFx for ps2 absoluely amazing and Yuna is brilliant!

Immortalis08
27-03-06, 02:26
SPOILER!

I was very depressed at the ending of FFVIII. But i didn't see the extra ending after the credits. Then i was happy again! :jmp: