PDA

View Full Version : Fahrenheit & Area 51 (PS2)

Henhead
26-03-06, 17:08
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Henhead/3546430118207.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Henhead/B0007OVKIU.jpg

Has anyone played either of these games?

Are they any good?

I have seen them both at a local shop for £14 each new, and was thinking of getting them both, but I won’t bother if they aren’t any good :D

:wve:

The Butler
26-03-06, 17:16
I havent played them but ive seen Area 51 playing and its not to bad but it did get a bad ratings and not a very big seller but if you like doom and games like this then i think you will like it but its not a big hit with gamers

Raydai
26-03-06, 17:26
Go for Fahrenheit! One of the most original adventure games and it feels like you are in great thriller movie with a lot of twists and turns in it. ^_^

xMiSsCrOfTx
26-03-06, 18:03
Both look really cool! I want to see if they sell Area 51 where I live. It looks creepy! :eek:

Jack Croft
26-03-06, 18:23
:D no ihavent that my type of game.

Quiver.
26-03-06, 19:04
Go for Fahrenheit! One of the most original adventure games and it feels like you are in great thriller movie with a lot of twists and turns in it. ^_^
indeed...they "filmed" it in the style of the serie "24" very awesome :)

madderakka
26-03-06, 21:53
I've played Fahrenheit, it was a really good game.

Joseph
26-03-06, 22:42
I HAVE AREA 51 the PC version Henhead... not yet installed though! (too busy!) Curious how it will be! :)

xMiSsCrOfTx
26-03-06, 22:43
Well, when you do get a chance to play it, Joseph, let me know how it is. :wve:

UNDERTAKER
26-03-06, 22:58
Fahrenheit is AWESOME!

I really can't stress how good that game is.

imaginarylight
27-03-06, 00:29
OMG fahrenheit (indigo prophecy) Is amazing Ive never played a game like that before, You all must play this game its amazing!

TrojanMan
27-03-06, 01:41
Farenheit (or Indigo Prophecy in the US where I am) is tied with Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones as the most disappointing game of 2005.

The game begins brilliantly and builds up at a great and exciting pace until the last 25% of the game where everything just becomes one gigantic trainwreck. I really can't stress how utterly stupid the game had become, since the rest of it was so well written and intelligent.

I haven't played Area 51, but I heard it was pretty good. Skip Farenheit.

Genocide
27-03-06, 01:44
Fahrenheit is worth playing, up until the last bit, then the plot spirals out of control.
Area 51 is a brilliant shoot em' up, a bit hard to get used to but when you get 'it' you wont stop playing, till youve done...

GeckoKid
27-03-06, 02:18
funnily my favourite games in 2005 are indeed POP T2T and fahrenheit :P

TrojanMan
27-03-06, 05:30
funnily my favourite games in 2005 are indeed POP T2T and fahrenheit :P

Resident Evil 4, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Phoenix Wright, Ninja Gaiden: Black, and Meteos violently dominate every other game released last year, bar none.

Henhead
30-03-06, 17:32
I ended up getting them both :jmp:

Area 51 is a bit difficult to control at first, and the aiming is a little sensitive, but the graphics are not bad looking, the game is smooth but can be fast paced at times. If you enjoy 1st person shoot-em ups then I'm sure you will like this game.

Fahrenheit - Looks brilliant, I have only played the first couple of scenes, got out of the toilets (after relieving myself!) it took me about 6 attempts to complete this section and successfully escape the café unoticed!

I have decided to stop playing this one for the time being at least until after I finish Legend, want to give both titles the time I think they will deserve :tmb:

Lenochka
30-03-06, 18:25
Fahrenheit - Looks brilliant, I have only played the first couple of scenes, got out of the toilets (after relieving myself!) it took me about 6 attempts to complete this section and successfully escape the café unoticed!

See i JUST recently found out Fahrenheit goes by indigo prophecy also. When i seen the name fahrenheit i thought of a fire fighter game XD

but anyways i have a PS2 demo of indigo and it was awsome kinda easy i made it out every try never got caught once...

jjbennett
30-03-06, 19:26
Areas 51 is one of the best and understated shooters on PS2, the guns feel pretty much real and oh so very functional, the scopes actually always work! My advice is get both, play.com has both quite cheap.

J.

Timy226
30-03-06, 19:51
Farenheit, is really good, the story might get a bit crazy, but the gameplay is solid and good fun!

jjbennett
30-03-06, 20:21
The endings are pants though IMO.

Genocide
01-04-06, 00:42
The endings are pants though IMO.
the ending is just about every game made is pants...and the Tomb Raider series is well known for them, so im not looking forward to seeing Legends.
Fahrenheits ending(s) arnt that bad (depending on which one you get) and i cant remember Area 51's