PDA

View Full Version : What Films Made You Cry????

TombRaiderLover
26-03-06, 18:28
Name any films that made you cry.

Lenochka
26-03-06, 18:31
Ultra vioelt it was so bad XD

no really
Set it off
its so sad when they die at the end : (

Cassandra12
26-03-06, 18:35
Forrest Gump:p

I don't know why...:cln:

Raydai
26-03-06, 18:36
The Lion King
(When Mufasa died and Simba tried to wake him up) :(

The Green Mile
(When Tom Hanks asked John to how to tell God that he is going to kill his miracle, later on when he had trouble to say ''Role on 2'' and the moment after that...

Megalith
26-03-06, 18:37
"The whole wide world".

TombRaiderLover
26-03-06, 18:38
Why did Ratso have to die in 'Midnight Cowboy?' :( :( :(

Neteru
The 'Color' Purple.

Thorir
When The Last Sword is Drawn. Supermoving samurai drama! Sobbed for two hours.

Dancer in the Dark. Just really dramatic and sad...

Last Life in the Universe. Moving...

ChocChipCookie
26-03-06, 18:42
The Lion King when Mufasa died - I know it's a cartoon but I'm sucker for anything with animals, even cartoon ones!

Field of Dreams - when he sees his father again, a happy moment but also sad at the same time :(

ben croft
26-03-06, 18:49
- Titanic
- Beyond Borders
- Meet Joe Black
- Sweet November
- Shark Tale :cln:

:wve:

SpongeBob Lover
26-03-06, 18:52
Moulin Rouge :( its so sad, the lion king and snowhite, black hawk down, saving private Ryan and ice age :p

Lara Croft Fan Joe
26-03-06, 18:56
Ghost made me cry allot, as did Gladiator. Most of the time I just cry when someone important has died in a very sad way.

BoyTRaider
26-03-06, 19:00
"A Walk to Remember"

Jacob x5
26-03-06, 19:01
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. It was so awful, I cried.

Lavinder
26-03-06, 19:01
Loads, im a little tap :D

Geck-o-Lizard
26-03-06, 19:09
24 season 3 episode 17 when Gael pops his clogs. Gael was my favourite character that season (joint-favourite with Chloe "potato-face" O'Brien) and the writers decided to use him as the lab rat for us viewers to see what the Virus did to infectees.

And The Tribe season 1 episode 8 when they killed off Zoot, my favourite character in that show. At least they gave him an awsome funeral.

*sniff* :(

Kamrusepas
26-03-06, 19:12
The Sleepers.

Catlantean
26-03-06, 19:35
I don't remember the title, but the film was about a boy and his dog. And the dog got poisoned in the end :( I was five, and the whole scene where that dog lay dying in front of the whole family and no one could do anything for him was just awful...I was wailing so much even after the movie, my poor parents spent the whole day convincing me it had been an actor dog, and that he didn't really die.

Pipolinne
26-03-06, 19:39
Bambi

Out of Africa

Rangoon

Dolls

Alien III

And the animes...but these are in another level !

Tenchi Muyo

Lost Universe

Last Exile

Sailor Moon

rachkitten
26-03-06, 19:40
moulin rouge, Titanic (of corse),really cute but very sad: Bambi :p lol

Anubis_AF
26-03-06, 19:41
Beyond Borders.

ILG49ers
26-03-06, 19:46
I don't think I've ever cried because of a movie. I maybe got a little teary eyed a few times, but I never really cried due to a movie.

Real Life Lara
26-03-06, 19:48
The Green Mile, Titanic, Ghost (always cry at that, it's so sad :(), Forest Gump (every time! :() and a whole lot more... Im sensitive lol

Raydai
26-03-06, 19:50
Horrible choice for Tom Hanks near and during the end of John Coffey wasn't it Real Life Lara. :(

Jonnipants
26-03-06, 19:53
Titanic and Billy Elliot brung tears to my eyes.

xMiSsCrOfTx
26-03-06, 20:02
Oh my gosh, WAY too many to remember, but to name a few...

Girl, Interrupted
Titanic
The Lion King (yes, The Lion King...)
Beyond Borders
Forrest Gump
The Chronicles of Narnia (don't even ask)

Jonnipants
26-03-06, 20:04
hmm you're not gonna believes this but Finding Nemo made me cry!!!

O.o

When dory says to the daddy fish. "but when I look at you..I see home" :( and the way she says "home" - in an almost 'going to cry' voice.

I don't know why an animated fish brung a tear to my eye. :pi:

ILG49ers
26-03-06, 20:04
Oh my gosh, WAY too many to remember, but to name a few...

The Chronicles of Narnia (don't even ask)

What part did you cry at The Chronicles of Narnia? :D

xMiSsCrOfTx
26-03-06, 20:06
What part did you cry at The Chronicles of Narnia? :D

A few parts, actually. When Aslan (sp?) dies on the altar, and the children are crying next to him, that part crushed me! :( And in the end when they defeat the White Witch, it was emotional. :p

mtts06
26-03-06, 20:09
Memoirs of a Geisha (the soundtrack also makes me cry)

Titanic (esp. in the end when the old lady drops the necklace)

ILG49ers
26-03-06, 20:10
A few parts, actually. When Aslan (sp?) dies on the altar, and the children are crying next to him, that part crushed me! :( And in the end when they defeat the White Witch, it was emotional. :p

Oh, I guess you are a little emotional. :D :p

Mona Sax
26-03-06, 20:11
The Green Mile and The Virgin Suicides.

xMiSsCrOfTx
26-03-06, 20:14
Oh, I guess you are a little emotional. :D :p

Eh, one could say so. :p

SpongeBob Lover
26-03-06, 20:18
hmm you're not gonna believes this but Finding Nemo made me cry!!!

O.o

When dory says to the daddy fish. "but when I look at you..I see home" :( and the way she says "home" - in an almost 'going to cry' voice.

I don't know why an animated fish brung a tear to my eye. :pi:
oh in the begginig its when it made me cry when the baracuda eats the wife and all the little babies

mtts06
26-03-06, 20:19
when the baracuda eats the wife and all the little babies

Oh yeah they were like red little eggs or something??? It was so sad :(

SUGARPIE
26-03-06, 20:20
The Green Mile when Mr Jingles the mouse gets stamped on and the end.

Tim with Mel Gibson.

Ghost.

The English Patient.

My Left Foot.

Gorillas In The Mist.

jarhead
26-03-06, 20:22
when i was ill- and im over emotional when im ill- LOVE ACTUALLY, when she found out that the necklace wasnt gfor her but then put on a different face and took her kids to the fate

SpongeBob Lover
Oh yeah they were like red little eggs or something??? It was so sad :(
yup they were, damn baracuda :p

-DEBUG
House of the Dead - What a waste...

Titanic was ruined for me a couple of years ago when someone made a joke about it and i always end up ROFLMAO :rolleyes:

SUGARPIE
26-03-06, 20:44
I cried the first time with Titanic but now I just find it corny :D

'Jack, I'll never let go' Rose says, letting go and watching him sink :vlol:

Reggie
26-03-06, 20:56
1. Titanic
2. Ghost
3. E.T
4. Bambi
5. Alien 3

I'll now make a swift exit. :p

SUGARPIE
26-03-06, 21:01
Reggie don't be ashamed. My dad cries when he watches the end of You've Got Mail! I had never seen him cry until that point, he was mopping tears from his eyes bless him - he is a big fan of Meg Ryan and he loves the story! Mum and dad love Hanks and Ryan paired and they love Sleepless In Seattle too :D

CroftsKid
26-03-06, 21:03
lol there were these girls that also cryed in that part!

mine is Lassy! im a dog lover! i thought Lassy died in the river... i cried in school it was embaressing!:o

Reggie
26-03-06, 21:24
Reggie don't be ashamed. My dad cries when he watches the end of You've Got Mail! I had never seen him cry until that point, he was mopping tears from his eyes bless him - he is a big fan of Meg Ryan and he loves the story! Mum and dad love Hanks and Ryan paired and they love Sleepless In Seattle too :D

Aww lol, at least I know I'm not the only one.

SUGARPIE
26-03-06, 21:29
You sure aren't, it was quite touching - he is in his 60's :wve:

Tramp
26-03-06, 21:41
Not necessarily in order.

The Color Purple
The Green Mile
Beaches
Field of Dreams
Titanic
Ghost
Benji
All Lassie Movies
The Parrots of Telegraph Hill (documentary.) When the little blue headed conure got taken by the Hawk. I had lost my beautiful Big Bird to a Hawk the Friday before.

Braveheart

And so many more that I can't remember at the moment.

SUGARPIE
26-03-06, 21:43
Excellent list Kate.

I thought the Gladiator was sad too. I must admit I don't like seeing animals suffer in films. I even felt sorry for Jaws when he was blown to smitherines :D

Belfastard
26-03-06, 22:14
Ice Age and King Kong (the re-make).

:vlol:

Nicky
26-03-06, 22:15
Pedro Almodóvar's "Todo Sobre Mi Madre" (All About My Mother).

Paperdoll
26-03-06, 22:17
I can't remember crying while watching a movie... maybe Dangerous Liaisons, but it was a long time ago and I'm not sure if I would cry watching it now.

ELEN
26-03-06, 22:21
In the name of the father

Schindler's List

... and in general, this kind of movies (not necessarily at the end).

SUGARPIE
26-03-06, 22:22
I cry at Goreillas In The Mist when the gorilla named Digit is slaughtered. It's all based on the life of Dianne Fossey so knowing it is based on truth makes it an unbearable watch.

The End Of The Affair was a little sad too.

SUGARPIE
26-03-06, 22:24
In the name of the father

Schindler's List

... and in general, this kind of movies (not necessarily at the end).

Yes, I have both movies Elen, excellent choices. Schindlers list is very upsetting. I went to Auschitz-Birkenau last November in Poland to visit the camps there and then I watched the film again afterwards. Most poignant after one has actually visited the site :(

Tramp
26-03-06, 22:32
Another two for me Schindler's List and Gorillas in the Mist. Another one for me is a very old one The Diary of Ann Frank.

frostfur452
26-03-06, 22:45
The Notebook...True Women

I can't remember any other movies which has had a very big affect on me, but I remember that these two movies made me bawl my eyes out :'(

tequilasunriseboy
27-03-06, 00:20
Bloodrayne...

it made me cry.. cause i love the game and the movie was sooo bad :(

SUGARPIE
27-03-06, 00:40
Another two for me Schindler's List and Gorillas in the Mist. Another one for me is a very old one The Diary of Ann Frank.

Kate you may like the remake of Anne Frank. It is simply entitled Anne Frank and stars Hannah Taylor Gordon as Anne and Ben Kingsley as her father 'Pip'. Brenday Blethryn also stars. Try play.com for this title :wve:

It's really good!

Paperdoll
27-03-06, 02:12
*pats herself in the head* how could I forget this.
I watched bits and pieces of Hero today and it made me want to watch it all, it was just breath taking and there was this scene towards the end that just made me a bit teary.

Spoiler below..

the suicide scene with Flying Snow and Broken Sword. (I talk way too much about my brother :p ) even my brother, who isn't so fond of asian movies, was the first to say that the scene was beautiful. Now I'm desperatly trying to find an image of it :D

Mary CF
27-03-06, 03:33
None in fact Titanic almost made me laugh (but only because someone else was crying and I was so confused by their sadness over a movie.. that it made me laugh).

In a confused, extremely depressed emotional state of mind, "Monsters Inc" almost made me cry (I can't remember what part). I have never been like that before, because movies don't affect me at that level, usually - though they do make me think if they are good.

SUGARPIE
27-03-06, 04:03
Titanic mkes me laugh these days too Mary :D

It's all this 'Jack? Jack? Rose Over here Rose' business. If ever I hear the names Jack and Rose ever again it will be too soon :p

Belfastard
27-03-06, 04:10
Titanic mkes me laugh these days too Mary :D

It's all this 'Jack? Jack? Rose Over here Rose' business. If ever I hear the names Jack and Rose ever again it will be too soon :p

Isn't it strange how a peasent boy knows so much about sinking boats?

SUGARPIE
27-03-06, 04:12
LOL I mean I have a Titanic game here somewhere and even I get lost on that liner but our Jack knows every avenue even though he has been on board all of 24 hours or something! 'This way Rose' 'Rose, c'mon follow me' :D

JACOBryanBURNS
27-03-06, 04:35
I'm a big ol' softy. Lets see, i cry in Titanic...pretty much half way through the movie i start sniffling just because I know what's coming and by the time Celine starts belting it out at the end, I'm in hysterics... Armageddon...When Liv Tyler puts her hand up on the screen I pretty much come unglued...Bambi...The Lion King... pretty much everything that has ANYTHING sad in it. But Titanic is the worst... i mean I am positively BAWLING by the end of it. Oh! And my favourite movie of all time...Cleopatra. I cry like a baby several time...Pretty much every time someone dies.

DREWY
27-03-06, 05:13
Moulin Rouge. So boring that I yawned too hard and gave myself a cramp. Owww.....

SUGARPIE
27-03-06, 05:16
Moulin Rouge was so boring, I agree. The ony tears I had were caused by yawning like Drewy here :D

DREWY
27-03-06, 05:31
Hello Sugarpie http://www.websmileys.com/sm/happy/042.gif
That was the one film where I was worried that I would doze off and be left behind. Imagine that! A real struggle to stay awake.

SUGARPIE
27-03-06, 05:37
Hi Drewy :wve:

Yes, thankfully I viewed it on VHS and not at the cinema. I found it altogether very abstract and a little disjointed. Maybe my artistic appreciation as a character trait has failed me miserably but it was just very surreal and not really in a good way either! One word: weird!

Lonely Istari
27-03-06, 05:59
All's Quiet on the Western Front
Braveheart
Titanic
The Notebook

StormHarvey
27-03-06, 06:04
I'm not afraid to admit this..:o
-Lilo and Stitch
-Rugrats(the one with baby Dill and they got lost in the forest)
-If Only(OMG OMG OMG..T_T)
-The Notebook(OMG OMG OMG..T_T)

angelika
27-03-06, 06:17
My top 3 crying movies are:

- The end of the affair
- Crouching tiger Hidden Dragon
- Passion of Christ (Mel Gibson's)

I can't think of anything else that made so sad I couldn't sleep.
First time I saw Passions I told myself I would never watch it again ( of course I did)

Henhead
27-03-06, 06:23
Off the top of my head

The Green Mile

In America (A great film, a must see if you have not seen it imo)

A few more, too many to mention :D

JamesFKirk
27-03-06, 07:24
Not really cry, but there were several tears at the end of Hero.

EscondeR
27-03-06, 08:08
Artificial Intelligence - strikes tons of water out of my eyes (I mean the end of the film)

Janny
27-03-06, 08:28
The Lord of the Rings trilogy :) The only movies that made me cry (or at least that's what I remember)

YvesSL
27-03-06, 08:57
Finding Nemo

*runs away*

Jonnipants
27-03-06, 11:22
Ice Age and King Kong (the re-make).

:vlol:

Oh yes! King Kong was sad, too.

Poor little monkey :(

Celephais
27-03-06, 11:27
My Dog Skip and Haunted.

ELEN
27-03-06, 11:27
Another one for me is a very old one The Diary of Ann Frank.

I've read the book. I read it when was 12 or 13. Awesome!!!! I don't have the book anymore (I don't know if I lost it or gave it to someone and forgot to get it back), but I want to read it again, because I was a kid when I read it and I want to fully understand it this time. It's great :tmb:

angelika
27-03-06, 12:47
I've read the book. I read it when was 12 or 13. Awesome!!!! I don't have the book anymore (I don't know if I lost it or gave it to someone and forgot to get it back), but I want to read it again, because I was a kid when I read it and I want to fully understand it this time. It's great :tmb:

I must have been at the same age when I read it. Didn't know it was also a movie.

MizzCroft007
27-03-06, 12:53
-Titanic
-Gorillas In The Mist
-The Lion King

Oh by the way, when Rose let go, even though she said she wouldn't let go, she meant her promise. That movie was and still is the best tear jerker.

Tramp
27-03-06, 13:03
Elen I've read the book about 3 times. The original movie was made many many years ago. I didn't realize they had remade it. Must try to get it.

Another couple of old movies that made me cry is The Changeling and Bette Midler in The Rose.

SUGARPIE
27-03-06, 13:18
I think I got my copy of 'Anne Frank' the movie from play.com.

I am sure that the lead is Hannah Gordon's daughter. Not only does she share her name but the similarity is quite astounding but it may just be coincidence.

I guarantee 'Anne Frank' will have you gripped from start to finish. The sisters Anne and Margot died so close to liberation. Anne was such a tiny thing to start with but her courage and strength surpassed her.

Anne actually died from a fall from her bed early one morning. She was so cold and frgile and believing that the rest of her family, including her beloved father Otto were dead she finally gave up the will to live :(

Melonie Tomb Raider
27-03-06, 13:37
It's very rare that a movie will make me cry, but a couple have though. The Apostle, The Passion of the Christ, and My Dog Skip. Yes, I know, My Dog Skip! It was just so sad. :(

Ampersand
27-03-06, 14:03
Yes, I know, My Dog Skip! It was just so sad. :(

I cried over that, too. When Skip was hit, and when he died. :( Mind you, I'll cry over any doggy movie where the dog dies. :o

Mona Sax
27-03-06, 14:07
I cried over that, too. When Skip was hit, and when he died. :( Mind you, I'll cry over any doggy movie where the dog dies. :o
What about Cujo? :p

Ampersand
27-03-06, 14:09
I meant cute doggies. :whi:

Mona Sax
27-03-06, 14:10
I meant cute doggies. :whi:
He only wanted to play.

Ampersand
27-03-06, 14:12
I'm sure he did. :vlol:

Black_Mamba
27-03-06, 14:13
I am one big cry-baby, there are so many movies that have made me cry. I don't cry when there's other people around (I do my best at least), but when I'm alone I like to have a good cry :)
I know it's not a movie, but I cried during some Sex and the City episodes, especially the episodes where Miranda's mother dies, Charlotte realizes she can't have a baby, Samantha gets ill, the very last episode...
Disney movies are bad cry-movies too, especially the Lion King when Simba's father dies... snif...
Million Dollar Baby was the first movie that really made me cry when there were other people there, it's one of the saddest movies I've ever seen.
I'm sure there's tons other that made me cry, but I won't list them all :)

SUGARPIE
27-03-06, 14:16
I always cry over soppy films about dolphins that are caught in trawler nets because these things really happen and it upsets me way beyond the pale. Not just dolphins, any marine mammal and of course all animals except for spiders (arachnids as opposed to animals!)

The funniest bit of Arachnophobia the movie was Delbert McLintock the pest controller. He gets out his power spray and blasts one of the hybrid spiders and says 'Yep, I'm bad' :vlol:

TR 4 LIFE
26-01-08, 21:25
The saddest movies Iv'e seen were:
-The passion of the Christ: about how jesus was crucified.

-Voces Innecentos (innocent voices): this movie talks about the civil war in El Salvador, my god....this movie would make you cry if ur a girl or guy!!!!!! :(

-Schindler's List: about the holocaust in Germany during WWII.

star-dust
26-01-08, 21:26
-Ladder 49
-The Notebook

Sometimes when a movie ends I just feel sad anyways because the movie is over and now I can't watch those characters or anything anymore.:o

Rivendell
26-01-08, 21:28
-

Please don't bump old threads, this one is more than a year old.

coolezpunk
26-01-08, 21:28
"Land Before Time", I cried at that movie when I was young. :(
And, the movie, "Radio".
They're so sad...

TR 4 LIFE
26-01-08, 21:31
Please don't bump old threads, this one is more than a year old.

Then can you start new ones about this? or just ignore it....I was gonna start a new thread about this, but I didn't know if there was already one like this......I'm new, and i'm confused!!! :cln:

TombFreak
26-01-08, 21:33
The lion king 2 1/2- Where Simba doesn't let his son have a relationship with another lioness. It wasn't fair.:(

Click- At the end where his children just left him in the rainy street alone. :( No one likes to be alone.:(

Melonie Tomb Raider
26-01-08, 21:33
The Apostle, The Green Mile, and FFAC (yeah, laugh it up :p). That's all that i can remember.

Buffy87
26-01-08, 21:36
Okay now I have to confess Im overly, overly sensitive to a lot of films. Anything will set me off ....

Okay to save one long list anything with Leonardo DiCaprio in can and indeed will make me cry - for various reasons.. he dies , he gets injured i.e. set on fire , shot at.. attacked by random Critters whatever... Im a huge fangirl and I am not ashamed.Other than that
Love Actually , X-Men 2 , A Knights Tale , Fools Rush In , Cruel Intentions, Legends of the Fall, Untamed Heart...
There was also this really cheesy Brad Pitt film ..Dark Side of the Sun,that I bought for my sister thinking it would be happy and cheesy but nope.. it was darn depressing.
There are more but I havent the time to remember them all lol..

NightWish
26-01-08, 21:40
Babylon - I cried because it was so stupid and I payed money for ita nd to watch brad pit and he want even hot there :p

Earthcane
26-01-08, 22:08
The Green Mile,
The Shawshank Redemption,
21 Grams,
The Fellowship Of The Ring,
Romeo & Juliet,

and, (*cough*) Bambi. :o

It's good to shed a little tear now and again.

I've just watched a truly inspirational short film by Cameron Duncan, on
the Return of the King EE DVD:

Strike Zone.

Excellent script. :tmb:

Seb_01225
26-01-08, 22:12
Moulin Rouge :( its so sad

same ):

hah

Jolf
29-06-08, 20:45
- Crouching tiger Hidden Dragon

yeah me too. it was so sad when mu bai died:( that made me cry
and when Jen jumped from wudan:( I almost cry now when i think on it

Rexie
29-06-08, 20:46
this thread is old O_o

tesorosbaby
29-06-08, 20:50
Green Mile.

"I dawn wanna be in 'a dark baws....." *sniff*

And the end to In The Wild

Oh and Ric cried at the end of The Brave One, which then set me off too

Vertigo
29-06-08, 20:53
BloodRayne I was in hysteria back then.

Gregori
29-06-08, 20:53
Life is Beautiful

Drone
29-06-08, 20:55
this thread is old O_o

that movie made you cry?

touchthesky
29-06-08, 22:39
It's not a movie but oh my goodness.

VEV5HaOCZnY

Not Max :(.

Danath
29-06-08, 22:42
I had tears long long ago with Armaggeddon and Braveheart.

The only movie that can make me cry now ( but because of happiness! :)) is The Lord of the Rings trilogy, for the epicness of the films itself and how much they mean to me. :)

dizzydoil
29-06-08, 22:43
^^ I nearly cried at that too. :(

I don't usually cry at things.. but I find Moulin Rouge a hard film to bypass without a gulp or a frog in the throat feeling. :hug:

touchthesky
29-06-08, 22:44
^The Lord of the rings or the video I posted?

I cry at Free Willy. I get all sad when the whale gets freed :/. I believe last time we watched it I started having a sobbing rant at how "Oh my goodness Doug what if the whale had babies, cuz in real life she died, what did they do?" oops.

dizzydoil
29-06-08, 22:44
Max obv!! XD

Kerrigan
29-06-08, 23:18
The Lion King
Beauty and the Beast
The Butterfly Effect

knutroald
29-06-08, 23:22

Movies where dogs die make me cry too:o I Am Legend too, when he has to kill his dog.

AmericanAssassin
29-06-08, 23:33
Movies
The Land Before Time
The Fox and the Hound
Moulin Rouge

TV Shows
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Dawson's Creek
The O.C.

Video Games
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness

Lost_Soul
30-06-08, 00:10
Freedom Writers
The Green Mile
Girl, Interrupted

Most films make me cry, even comedies :p

digitizedboy
30-06-08, 00:13
^ Yeah I agree with the Green Mile. Especially that part where they have to execute him in the end. Very sad.

Quasimodo
30-06-08, 00:14
It's very rare that a movie will make me cry, but a couple have though. The Apostle, The Passion of the Christ, and My Dog Skip. Yes, I know, My Dog Skip! It was just so sad. :(

There wasn't a dry eye in the whole theater when I saw My Dog Skip! Such a sad movie :(

trXD
30-06-08, 00:29
Films:
none
Anime:
Kanon 2006
Clannad
Games:
Dead rising (because it was so bad)

Veronica Ma
30-06-08, 00:52
Castaway with Tom Hanks. ... and no, not because he loses "Wilson". :vlol:

Encore
30-06-08, 01:14
I'm a real softy when it comes to movies... I know it sounds crazy but I get teary eyed by just about any well crafted emotional scene, provided I'm enjoying the movie of course.

I think the scene that made me cry the most to this day was watching Gladiator for the first time, Maximus' death. That was one of the most beautifully made death scenes in movie history, imo.

The "invisible cloak" scene in Crash comes close to that one though. Gorgeous music, very well integrated with the scene. <3

rowanlim
30-06-08, 02:58
Nice thread :tmb:

Lion King: when Mufasa died, I was a complete wreck
Gia: Angelina gave a stunning performance
Titanic: when Leo slipped beneath the icy cold waters
LOTR 1, 2 & 3: Duh
Jerry Maguire: "You complete me" - major tear fest

Fallen.Angel
30-06-08, 06:08
Titanic and The Lion King >.<

TR 4 LIFE
30-06-08, 06:16
-innocent voices (i was sobbing) talks about the war in el salvador
-schinder's list
-lion king (when mufasa dies)
-this one spanish film i watched, I forgot da name of it though!
-lorenzo's oil

la-la-lara
30-06-08, 06:34
Titanic
The Gladiator
Finding Neverland
Bambi (when moms or paps die it's always so sad...)
Dumbo (when the mom sings "baby mine"...)

abdul wahab
30-06-08, 06:38
Gladiator
Troy

The background sounds made this happen...:mad::(

M.A.
30-06-08, 06:45
Titanic
-Almost. The tears was welling. Not because of Jack and Rose (pffttt!), but for the scene where a couple were hugging each other on their bed while water gushing in underneath them and especially the scene where a mother was putting her kids to sleep after finding out they can't escape the lower cabin. (Jeez, I want to cry now! Dammit!)

Taegukgi (Korean)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taegukgi_(film) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taegukgi_%28film%29)

One tear fell for the end scene (SPOILER) when the little brother found the grave of his older brother in the present time.

dexter void
30-06-08, 07:45
'Dancer In The Dark' made me cry a lot

tomblover
30-06-08, 07:48
Castaway with Tom Hanks. ... and no, not because he loses "Wilson". :vlol: Hey! Don't talk about that. That still makes me uneasy. :(

Well, um, basically, most movies which I think are good that have a sad part make me cry. :vlol:

JamesFKirk
30-06-08, 07:52
The Hero. The scene near the end, where "Flying Snow" tells dead "Broken Sword" that she'll take him home, never fails to bring tears to my eyes.

Veralsy
30-06-08, 08:23
one of Takeshi Kitana's anime :( I don't remember that one, but it was so sad, that I cried :(

dream raider
30-06-08, 09:21
Just a tear in a scene of Soldier's Girl.

cool_omar
30-06-08, 09:24
:(titanic

abdul wahab
30-06-08, 09:24
American Pie made me sad and crying.:(:mad:
:D

peter88823
30-06-08, 10:08
Saving Private Ryan.

touchthesky
30-06-08, 11:03
It's not a film but when Bella realises she might not see Edward again in Twilight..thats some sad part :(.

dexter void
30-06-08, 12:21
'Secrets & Lies' makes me cry too
and also 'Abigail's Party' has so many social and political references on class, race and background and people not getting on, its quite upsetting.

America History X is sad too but makes me more angry!

Elmer
30-06-08, 14:57
The Green Mile.
And
I Am Sam
:(

Vertigo
30-06-08, 15:02
The end of Bram Stoker`s Dracula makes me cry everytime I see it!

Ilie_Fusarau
30-06-08, 15:04
Tomb Raider The Cradle of Life :vlol: :yik::whi:

Survival
30-06-08, 18:31
*Has flashback to Titanic*

Kate: "I´ll never let go!"
*lets go*

Seriously I cried... because I wanted my money back!

Nannonxyay
30-06-08, 18:39

VEV5HaOCZnY

Oh my god. That made me cry soo much. :(

dexter void
30-06-08, 19:05
Tomb Raider The Cradle of Life :vlol: :yik::whi:

ha! at what bit? - when that sexy scottish guy dies at the end?:D - i think he dies, can't remember!!!!!:o

touchthesky
30-06-08, 19:17
Oh my god. That made me cry soo much. :(

Poor Tom :(.

Dark Lugia 2
30-06-08, 20:11
*Has flashback to Titanic*

Kate: "I´ll never let go!"
*lets go*

Seriously I cried... because I wanted my money back!

:vlol:!!

JoonasEST
30-06-08, 21:30
the absolute first is:Titanic :hug:

kryptonite23
01-07-08, 12:30
Passion of Christ

Shark_Blade
01-07-08, 12:56
Oh my god. That made me cry soo much. :(It didn't make me cry but it did make me feel a strange feeling..a bit of sympathy and empathy/:o

Gianni Bartoli
01-07-08, 13:00
The Yarn Princess is the only film I've ever cried in.

Teenage Lara
01-07-08, 13:10

VEV5HaOCZnY

That was just too sad :( :eek:

A film? Harry Potter 5. I burst into tears when Sirius died. :(

Shark_Blade
01-07-08, 13:39
A film? Harry Potter 5. I burst into tears when Sirius died. :(Really? I was angry because once people were zapped by Avada Kedavra they will die instantly, but Sirius seems to be able to take his time..watched Harry for a brief last moment and goes fly away into other dimension portal..

Survival
01-07-08, 13:57
In all seriousnes I cried like a baby when Laura killed herself in The Orphanage after the big revelation... I see the last scene with the children as her last thoughts... destiny sucks.

Lara's home
01-07-08, 14:04
Really? I was angry because once people were zapped by Avada Kedavra they will die instantly, but Sirius seems to be able to take his time..watched Harry for a brief last moment and goes fly away into other dimension portal..

Well, you must have a different thought about the Avada Kadavra spell then J.K Rowling does.

Harry Potter 7 spoiler below.
When Molly killed Belletrix, it says that Bellatrix smiled for half a second, as she understood what happened to her, before she fell.

_Lam
01-07-08, 14:06
Therabitia Bridge. For an unknow reason I cried so much. I've cried only twice on a movie. This one and the Pianist.

McGloomy
01-07-08, 14:09
Hot Shots 2. Seriously. I was too young to comprehend that the deaths were meant to be funny. :p

EDIT: It was actually Hot Shots 1. :D

Harry Potter Spoiler Talk
In the books neither Sirius nor Bellatrix are killed explicitly through Avada Kedavra. ;)

Lara's home
01-07-08, 14:20
In the books neither Sirius nor Bellatrix are killed explicitly through Avada Kedavra. ;)

There's no other direct-kill curses in the books, and it would ruin the hole point, if Avada Kadavra is the unforgivable curse, if there's several killing curses.

Megalith
01-07-08, 14:29
Dolls by Takeshi Kitano.

touchthesky
01-07-08, 15:43
A film? Harry Potter 5. I burst into tears when Sirius died. :(

I cried the second time I saw that xD.

It didn't make me cry but it did make me feel a strange feeling..a bit of sympathy and empathy/:o

Awh, I think everyones gonna feel rubbish about max going because well...its max! Apparently he returns to watch over the others on Friday.

If Scotland is flooded with my tears, I apologise.

Teenage Lara
01-07-08, 17:01
Lollers

Legend 4ever
01-07-08, 17:42
Titanic. A bit.
Brokeback Mountain. Odd, but the ending was sad to me.
The Others. I was so sad when Nicole and the kids realized they were actually dead.
Requiem For A Dream. Really sad.
Ask The Dust. When Colin Farrell's character returns to Salma Hayek's grave, the house where they used to live together.
Pan's Labyrinth. When the little girl died.

That is what I can remember.

Oh, yeah and The City Of Angels. A huge twist and a really sad ending. Meg Ryan's best role.

Oh, yeah and Bonnie and Clyde.

And Ringu 1. The ending...realizing she will have to show the tape to her father so that her son doesn't die. I got goosebumps now.

TR93
01-07-08, 17:52
When I was 4 years old I cried at Beauty and the beast, when the beast turned into a human.:o
I liked him better as the beast;)

Angel666
01-07-08, 19:44
Brokeback Mountain made me sob. They were in love but couldn't be with each other! :( Especially the end, that just broke my heart. And the Lion King when Mufasa died. Bambi, of course.

Nannonxyay
01-07-08, 19:49
Awh, I think everyones gonna feel rubbish about max going because well...its max! Apparently he returns to watch over the others on Friday.

If Scotland is flooded with my tears, I apologise.

The episode after Max died made me cry even more. Every single scene besides the ones with JP and Kieron made me sob. (Man how I hate Kieron) :(

ClareT
02-07-08, 15:34
Off the top of my head:
- Titanic
- The Lion King
- Moulin Rouge!
- Phantom of the Opera
- Artifical Intelligence (AI)
- Ghost
- Sometimes They Come Back

HolidayCroft
02-07-08, 16:21
WALL-E
Flight 93

dcw123
02-07-08, 16:25
I never cry at films... but there was one that did make my eyes water:o
I think it was Posiedon.. can't remember which bit through LOL

FAN_NO_1
02-07-08, 17:50
beyond the borders

Atlantisfreak666
02-07-08, 17:52
Has anyone ever seen that Futurama episode when Leela found her parents?
:( It made me cry... As did Brokeback Mountain.

Naz2000
02-07-08, 18:23
The Pursuit of Happyness - That's the most I've cried in aaaages.

MiCkiZ88
02-07-08, 18:26
Lion King. Even the damn scene in Kingdom Hearts II got me teary eyed.

Drone
02-07-08, 18:28
- Phantom of the Opera

yup that rocks

Endow
02-07-08, 18:42
I think I shed a few tears when I first saw Philadelphia (it was the ending).

patriots88888
02-07-08, 18:43
The ending of The Deer Hunter. :( It's a film about three friends who enlist into the Vietnam War. I believe it won the Oscar for best picture of 1978. I strongly suggest it for anyone who likes this kind of movie. It's a little long in the beginning with character development, but it quickly escelates from there. :tmb: :)

The Deer Hunter
US (1978): Drama/War

This film is simultaneously an audacious directorial conceit and one of the greatest films ever made about friendship and the personal impact of war. Like Apocalypse Now (1979), it's hardly a conventional battle film -- the soldier's experience was handled with greater authenticity in Platoon (1986) -- but its depiction of war on an intimate scale packs a devastatingly dramatic punch. Director Michael Cimino may be manipulating our emotions with masterful skill, but he does it in a way that stirs the soul and pinches our collective nerves with graphic, high-intensity scenes of men under life-threatening duress. Although Russian-roulette gambling games were not a common occurrence during the Vietnam war, they're used here as a metaphor for the futility of the war itself. To the viewer, they become unforgettably intense rites of passage for the best friends -- Pennsylvania steelworkers played by Robert De Niro, John Savage, and Oscar® winner Christopher Walken -- who may survive or perish during their tour through a tropical landscape of hell. Back home, their loved ones (Meryl Streep, George Dzundza and John Cazale in his final film role) must cope with the war's domestic impact, and in doing so they allow The Deer Hunter to achieve a rare combination of epic storytelling and intimate, heart-rending drama. (Jeff Shannon, Amazon.com)

· Best Picture 1978: Barry Spikings, Michael Deeley, Michael Cimino & John Peverall - Producers (EMI Films/Cimino, Universal)
· Supporting Actor 1978: Christopher Walken
· Directing 1978: Michael Cimino
· Film Editing 1978: Peter Zinner
· Sound 1978: Richard Portman, William McCaughey, Aaron Rochin & Darin Knight

Deamonella
02-07-08, 18:45
Beyond Borders.It's a brilliant movie.

Flame
02-07-08, 20:51
Ultra vioelt it was so bad XD

no really
Set it off
its so sad when they die at the end : (

:yik: You justed spoiled it for me :mad::p

TombRaider3>Rest
03-07-08, 09:09
Man on Fire

Shark_Blade
03-07-08, 10:50
Well, you must have a different thought about the Avada Kadavra spell then J.K Rowling does.

Harry Potter 7 spoiler below.
When Molly killed Belletrix, it says that Bellatrix smiled for half a second, as she understood what happened to her, before she fell.
Huh? What? But, but Cedric died instantly, eyes opened and all!

I have proof see?

Causes a bright green flash and a rushing noise, the curse causes instant death to the victim.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avada_Kedavra#Avada_Kedavra_.28Killing_Curse.29

;)

xxitsxnadyaxx
09-07-08, 06:11
the lion king [mufasa's death]
titanic [several parts]
troy [achillies' death + song by josh groban in the end]
all i can remember right now :]

oh just remembered! the remake of King Kong!!!

Spitfire
09-07-08, 06:40
Magnolia, the most emotional and powerful movie I've seen.

abdul wahab
09-07-08, 08:56
Lake Dead:D

kryptonite23
09-07-08, 09:36
Titanic also made me cry. =l

19Kegan19
11-07-08, 00:00
The Pursuit of Happiness

ajrich17901
11-07-08, 00:32
Maundy Thursday its a korean film so i doubt anyones heard of it

FAN_NO_1
11-07-08, 01:11
Boyond the borders.

The1andOnlyTR
11-07-08, 01:25
Oh wow! Ummm:

Movies

Titanic [Various Parts]
Brokeback Mountian [Various Parts]
August Rush [The End]
Searching for Davids Heart [The End]
Raise your Voice [The End]
The Notebook [Various Parts]
Rugrats In Paris [During Granpa Lou's Wedding]
The 5 People You Meet In Heaven[Various Parts]
The Green Mile [Various Parts]
Prince Caspian [The End]
King Kong [The End]

TV

Roseanne [Various Episodes]
One Tree Hill [Various Episodes. PLEASE DONT POST SPOILERS!! IM ONLY ON SEASON 2!!!
Futurama [One Episode]
Dawsons Creek [Various Episodes]

Those are only a few. I'm such a sap!

Crimson Tears
11-07-08, 01:30
Missing in America...
It's so depressing, espacilly the parts near the ending.:(

SLY
11-07-08, 01:38
Simon Birch and The Bucket List and A Walk To Remember are the only ones that popped into my head... i dont cry during movies usually but these made me shed some tears