PDA

View Full Version : Movie Turkeys

SUGARPIE
27-03-06, 00:26
OK we've bandied about some of the best movies, time to reveal your biggest disappointments in a movie now!

I think the worst was The Night Of The Living Dead, well the first that comes to mind!

Fierce Creatures was diabolical. I can't enjoy obvious, slapstick humour.

I'm afraid that The LOTR was a great disappointment although I appreciate what a complex story it ws to bring to the screen. It just isn't my type of film, some say it was surreal, I just thought it was far-fetched and tedious. :(

I am sure I can think of others but your chance to add some first! :D

xMiSsCrOfTx
27-03-06, 00:30
Aww, don't be hating LOTR now. :ohn:

I'm going to say Skeleton Key was the biggest movie dissapointment I've encountered lately. I went to see it in theaters expecting a really scary movie, and it was nothing but dull and weird.

SUGARPIE
27-03-06, 00:34
Not seen that one MissCroft.

I know how people love LOTR but it isn't my kind of movie, I am not really into fantasy films although I want to see Narnia for sure!

Jaws 3 was pretty dull because they concentrated on the 3D element for the big screen as opposed to a good story. Come to think of it, Jaws The Revenge was a bit silly too but I admit I can watch the Jaws films -sometimes there is such a thing as a film so bad that it is umissable :D

xMiSsCrOfTx
27-03-06, 00:37
I know how people love LOTR but it isn't my kind of movie, I am not really into fantasy films although I want to see Narnia for sure!

Yeah, and that's understandable. Everyone has their own taste. :) LOL, Jaws 3 far exceeds the term 'dull'! :D :vlol:

Paperdoll
27-03-06, 00:49
-Uzumaki. I was expecting a chill/weird/nightmarish world like the one created in the manga and all I had was a couple of laughs. Still an entertaining movie.

-Star Wars: Episode I. I fell asleep half way through it and my homicidal insticts were awaken by Jar Jar Binks. Need I say more?

-The Exorcist (I have to re-watch this one): I remember renting it, expecting to be scared... and I only laughed. XD

-Zoolander. Bore-fest.

-Bruce-All-Mighty (or what the hell it is spelled) it was nice...but I don't think that I'll ever want to watch it again.

-Voodoo. Watched it with a friend...expecting some...err...hmm...yeah...scenes XD between two beasts, expecting some laughs... but the back cover was false advertisement XD

Those were a few that I had great expectations when I watched and...well...disapointed me :p if I remember more I'll post them

Edit: i just remembered more :p

-The entire Nightmare in Elm Street movies
-Elektra
-A Chinese Torture Story (wayyy too much sex in it for me :p )
-House of 1000 Corpses (wtf was that? )
-Aeon Flux (I fall asleep too easily)
-Saw II
and that's it for now :p

SUGARPIE
27-03-06, 00:54
Fab selection Dollie :tmb:

I tend to find a lot of films are unecessarily stretched out to the 3 hour mark.

Although I enjoyed Mr & Mrs Smith for example, I thought it was unecessarily long. I mean, at the cinema you can't pause and put the kettle on :vlol: and I get uncomortable sitting there for too long.

Unbreakable with Bruce Willis was another turkey. Sooo boring. It had great promise but left me feeling deflated at the end!

EDIT: Oops didn't see the Exorcist listed. I actually like this because it is based on a true story of a teenage boy - all the facts are on the DVD extras I think. I have the collectors edition video and it's on there - all the weird goings on in the studio and th deaths, the studio catching fire etc etc. Most disturbing.

Lenochka
27-03-06, 00:55
bloodrayn was horrible i hated it...

ILG49ers
27-03-06, 00:57
The Grudge was the most disappointing movie I've ever seen. I really hated that movie!

Paperdoll
27-03-06, 00:57
That's one that gives me chills just thinking about. I don't think that I'll ever watch it...ever... I don't want my eyes to burn.

Another disapointment, Witchblade.

ILG49ers
27-03-06, 01:00
That's one that gives me chills just thinking about. I don't think that I'll ever watch it...ever... I don't want my eyes to burn.

The Grudge gave you chills? I didn't find it scary at all.

SUGARPIE
27-03-06, 01:00
Oooh thought of one, the sequel to Blair Witch. I haven't watched it but I have seen enough clips and that is really bad by ALL accounts (The Book Of Secrets was it called?)

Turkey alert!!

SUGARPIE
27-03-06, 01:02
Sorry just thought of another one : White Noise.

I saw that by accident and it was great to start with then it just descended into rubbish. It was as though the script-writers got bored and ran out of ideas. It was really silly at the end.

Paperdoll
27-03-06, 01:04
The Grudge gave you chills? I didn't find it scary at all.
I was talking about Bloodrayne. I don't like The Grudge, too much music, it kills the atmosphere. I prefer Ju-On.

Don't watch Blair Witch Project 2, Sugarpie (it was the book of shadows), it's awful, just another horor-teen-flick, made on the success of the first one.

The Butler
27-03-06, 01:09
me thinks the movie called THE TIME MACHINE was pretty rubbish, the revamped version i ment, it was pants :hea:

ILG49ers
27-03-06, 01:11
Sorry just thought of another one : White Noise.

I saw that by accident and it was great to start with then it just descended into rubbish. It was as though the script-writers got bored and ran out of ideas. It was really silly at the end.

Yeah, it was really horrible.

Belfastard
27-03-06, 01:19
-House of 1000 Corpses (wtf was that? )

:vlol: I remember we rented this on my brother's birthday, and at the end, I think I remember I cheered, and the 1st words to come out of my mouth were: "That was utter :cen:.".

Pirahna 2 was really bad.

SUGARPIE
27-03-06, 01:28
I once read Barracuda was bad.

The Butler I haven't seen The Time Machine, sounds as rubbish as it's concept LOL

Genocide
27-03-06, 01:36
dont hate me for saying this but..........Tomb Raider, it was utter crap...and the sequel, i was expecting an Indiana Jones type of film...what did i get...James Bond on holiday after a sex change!...in its defence though it did have a couple of good bits...like the opening scene and the end credits!

ILG49ers
27-03-06, 01:38
I was disappointed by the Tomb Raider movies too.

SUGARPIE
27-03-06, 01:41
LOL I was wondering when someone would critique the TR films!

They could have been better admittedly. I much preferred the sequel though, much better storyline I felt :wve:

Belfastard
27-03-06, 01:48
Just thought of another:

Jeepers Creepers 2. :rolleyes:

Paperdoll
27-03-06, 01:53
Just thought of another:

Jeepers Creepers 2. :rolleyes:

*shivers* that's one that made me struggle to keep myself awake

keebz
27-03-06, 04:00
whatever you do DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT WATCHING ULTRAVIOLET!!! it is the stupidest movie ever made and always will be!!! omg, it was soo oo oooooo bad!!!:hea::hea:
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_2_5.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYUS)http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_6_11.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYUS)

SUGARPIE
27-03-06, 05:18
The Full Monty. Over-advertised, Over-hammed and overly-boring :ton:

Jacob x5
27-03-06, 06:52
Ages ago I watched Red Water. :p Very low budget, badly cast, no storyline, and just overall a huge disappointment. Not that I was expecting much from it anyway.

Open Water was also a huge disappointment. My mum and step-dad actually wanted to see this and I thought I'd watch it with them. Terrible, terrible film. You can't make a good film set entirely in the middle of the ocean anyway, let alone with those two boring characters that did nothing but argue and then say they were sorry. Then they commited suicide. The end. :rolleyes:

JACOBryanBURNS
27-03-06, 07:04
Prime! With Uma Thurman and Meryll Streep. The ending KILLED the movie. :o

TombRaiderLover
27-03-06, 07:33
Cheaper by the Dozen,
Street Fighter,
The Exorcist II,
Garfield: The Movie,
The Grudge,
The Blair Witch Project,

and lots more! :hea:

-DEBUG
27-03-06, 07:53
I think the worst was The Night Of The Living Dead, well the first that comes to mind!

:mad: :mad: :mad: Night of the Living Dead RULES!!!! :)

Mona Sax
27-03-06, 08:49
Queen of the Damned and Blair Witch 2.

Celephais
27-03-06, 09:36
-The Blair Witch project.

-Star Trek: The Motion Picture. I saw this in the cinema in 1979. So boring. The odd numbered Star Trek movies are pretty bad too, especially the abysmal Shatner conceived Final Frontier, with the excrutiating "Row Row Row your boat scene" But I'm not really much of a Star trek fan.

-The Phantom Menace. Thankfully my brother gave me a DVD of this for free. As for Jar Jar Binks, I don't see what the big deal was. The Ewoks were much more annoying. :whi:

- The Exorcist 2.

-The 1976 Dirty Harry movie (can't remember what it's called) It's like a spoof on Starksy & HUtch.

- Popeye The Movie starring Robin Williams

-Any Police Academy movies. The first one was mildy amusing, but I find it unbelievabale that they stretched the series up to 8 or so.

-Any post Spy Who Loved Me Roger Moore Bond film, especially the lame
-in-the-extreme View To A Kill. The fact that Duran Duran did the theme tune also gives an indication of what bland 1980s product it is.

-Howard The Duck. One of cinemas' genuine low points and it's not even saved by being "so bad it's good" It's just an uncomfortable watch.

-Spaceballs. Bad Mel Brooks "spoof" on Star Wars. Unfunny.

-Xanadu. Cringeworthy 1980 Musical starring Oliva Newton John.

Jaws The Revenge.

Highlander 2- I didn't understand the success of the first but even then it's a lot better than this

TombRaiderLover
27-03-06, 12:06
-The Blair Witch project.

-Star Trek: The Motion Picture. I saw this in the cinema in 1979. So boring. The odd numbered Star Trek movies are pretty bad too, especially the abysmal Shatner conceived Final Frontier, with the excrutiating "Row Row Row your boat scene" But I'm not really much of a Star trek fan.

-The Phantom Menace. Thankfully my brother gave me a DVD of this for free. As for Jar Jar Binks, I don't see what the big deal was. The Ewoks were much more annoying. :whi:

- The Exorcist 2.

-The 1976 Dirty Harry movie (can't remember what it's called) It's like a spoof on Starksy & HUtch.

- Popeye The Movie starring Robin Williams

-Any Police Academy movies. The first one was mildy amusing, but I find it unbelievabale that they stretched the series up to 8 or so.

-Any post Spy Who Loved Me Roger Moore Bond film, especially the lame
-in-the-extreme View To A Kill. The fact that Duran Duran did the theme tune also gives an indication of what bland 1980s product it is.

-Howard The Duck. One of cinemas' genuine low points and it's not even saved by being "so bad it's good" It's just an uncomfortable watch.

-Spaceballs. Bad Mel Brooks "spoof" on Star Wars. Unfunny.

-Xanadu. Cringeworthy 1980 Musical starring Oliva Newton John.

Jaws The Revenge.

Highlander 2- I didn't understand the success of the first but even then it's a lot better than this

I guess we both hate 'Blair Witch' and 'Exorcist II' then. :D

spence
27-03-06, 12:15
The Haunted Mansion - I kept dozing off through it.

Beverly Hills Cop 3 - That was really :cen: :cen:

SUGARPIE
27-03-06, 13:27
I actually enjoyed Blair Witch because I had not realised it was a hoax initially.

The Exorcist is a little slow to get going and comedy shows have often taken it out of context and mocked it (very funny how they do it but such things are not relly meant to be mocked).

I say the documentary is as good as the film because it is really shocking to know what went on in that studio. There were 8 or so deaths and a real man of the cloth was there and he said 'This is what happens when you work with the devil and attempt to mock him'.