PDA

View Full Version : SPOILER!!!-Laras Mother...

dirrtytomboi
27-03-06, 03:35
This may seem crazy but what if maybe amanda is ONE of the characters long thought dead. Laras mother was believed to be dead after the plane crash, but what if she wasn't. What if her mother has was controling the demon that was in the tomb with lara and amanda and what if she is the one controling amanda! If you notice in the vid of the plane crash her mothers necklace appeared to be glowing. I think laras mother may be into black magic and she has been testing lara all her life, the plane crash, loosing her firends in the tomb; her mother may be the one who is helping rutland and amanda try to bring lara down.

Sorry for ranting but i find it strange that no one else has said anything about the supposed death of her mother.

MattTR
27-03-06, 03:38
Hmm, strange. It could be Amanda OR Lara's mother thought long and dead...

xMiSsCrOfTx
Interesting theory... :pi:

keebz
no, i don't think so. its amanda who is the one long thought dead. lara's mother is dead.

MattTR
27-03-06, 03:39
no, i don't think so. its amanda who is the one long thought dead. lara's mother is dead.
But remember that Cutscene were Amanda was crushed by rocks and it looked as if she was dead and Lara swam away?

keebz
27-03-06, 03:45
yeah, she was thought to be dead, but she survived!!

dirrtytomboi
27-03-06, 03:45
I think it is weird that laras mother just vanished. thats all i read that in another thread i believe. How could someone just vanish i say laras life has been a test

Immortalis08
27-03-06, 03:58
Maybe in the ending we found out that Lara's mother may still be alive and leads into the opening of TR8!:jmp:

matt123
27-03-06, 04:04
Maybe in the ending we found out that Lara's mother may still be alive and leads into the opening of TR8!:jmp:
i think you are totally right! That would make the best ending EVER in a game! And it lead perfect into the next Tomb Raider 8

mslebroke
27-03-06, 04:18
i know its so wird that would be cool if it was but we wont know until april 7 or april11

Shark_Blade
27-03-06, 04:50
Laras mother was believed to be dead after the plane crash, but what if she wasn't. What if her mother has was controling the demon that was in the tomb with lara and amanda and what if she is the one controling amanda!If you notice in the vid of the plane crash her mothers necklace appeared to be glowing. I think laras mother may be into black magic and she has been testing lara all her life, the plane crash, loosing her firends in the tomb; her mother may be the one who is helping rutland and amanda try to bring lara down.
Sorry for ranting but i find it strange that no one else has said anything about the supposed death of her mother.

Are you saying that Lara's mother is the main villain?:yik:
That will be horrible, I mean imagine our own mother,attacking us?
Sorry, I can't agree with your idea.:(

dirrtytomboi
27-03-06, 05:08
you never know what a parent is capable of! if she is into black magic then she may very well wnat to see her daughter dead. she may have no regard for human life I think that would be the ultimate plot twist seeing her mother at the end behind all of the terrible things that has happened to her. I feel that amanda was killed and she was brought back by laras mother.

nomedo
27-03-06, 05:08
What if Amanda is Lara's mother?!? :eek: :rolleyes:
*oops, im not allowed to say that yet. thats revealed in TR9* :whi:

AnthonyShock1515
27-03-06, 06:18
No, Im afraid ur wrong. Lara goes to the Himalayas to retreive the pendant her mother was wearing on the flight. The pendant was given to her mother by her father in Ghana when her mother lost her pendant and he gave her another one. That is why Rutland was in Africa, probably looking for the pendant her mother lost when she was there.

dirrtytomboi
27-03-06, 06:54
[QUOTE=AnthonyShock1515]No, Im afraid ur wrong. Lara goes to the Himalayas to retreive the pendant her mother was wearing on the flight./QUOTE]

yes but that does not mean that she is there at the crash site does it? And you bring up another good point what if it was laras father he was the one giving her mother the pendants and maybe he was trying to get rid of the both of them

lita212
27-03-06, 09:07
im actually suprised about this because you might be right. think about it the whole point of the storyline is for us to be shocked. no one ever thought this because they would be shocked if it happend. interesting thread

hin
27-03-06, 10:33
i think there are no this kind of mother in the real life

Spitfire
27-03-06, 11:36
TWO THINGS...
1 - What if, now iknow this sounds crazy, but Lara's mom actually died in the plane crash...
2 - And if her mom is still alive and leads to TR8 that will be the dumbest most cliched story ever...and will seriously ruin the story for me.

black_sheepa
27-03-06, 13:14
TWO THINGS...
1 - What if, now iknow this sounds crazy, but Lara's mom actually died in the plane crash...
2 - And if her mom is still alive and leads to TR8 that will be the dumbest most cliched story ever...and will seriously ruin the story for me.

Me too. I think this idea is nonsense... Amanda and Lara's mother are two different people and not the same person!!
Dude, do you really think Lara's own mother wont to see her dead? I think that idea is really stupid, but i hope, too, that she won't appear in the end of the game. Then two dead persons will return to live, and that isn't a good game anymore!

Catlantean
27-03-06, 13:33
I seriously doubt they'll bring Lara's dead mother back. Especially as a demon-posessed villain.

Also, having TWO dead people turn out to be alive (and evil) would be a bit too much. I think it's just Amanda.

Taylour
27-03-06, 14:04
I think it would be nice for Lara to realise something about her mother in the game, like finding a good bye note in the himylayas after all these years that her mother wrote before she died, dont know how a note would survive a hymylan climate (god I can't spell Hymylayan,n,y,y):D

kally7242071
27-03-06, 14:50
well they did say that there is going to be a surprise at the end. so this might be it. :D

mr_j0sh
27-03-06, 14:56
haha thats a rubbish surpise.

not mocking you kally, mocking CD

ben_the_joka
27-03-06, 15:28
This may seem crazy but what if maybe amanda is ONE of the characters long thought dead. Laras mother was believed to be dead after the plane crash, but what if she wasn't. What if her mother has was controling the demon that was in the tomb with lara and amanda and what if she is the one controling amanda! If you notice in the vid of the plane crash her mothers necklace appeared to be glowing. I think laras mother may be into black magic and she has been testing lara all her life, the plane crash, loosing her firends in the tomb; her mother may be the one who is helping rutland and amanda try to bring lara down.

hmmm maybe...but then why would she go back to the himalayas and find that artefact? it wouldnt be there if her mum was still alive would it as she would have taken it to continue her black magic...this is an interesting theory but i think its wrong...but as far as we know, this could be right!

black_sheepa
28-03-06, 13:42
hmmm maybe...but then why would she go back to the himalayas and find that artefact? it wouldnt be there if her mum was still alive would it as she would have taken it to continue her black magic...this is an interesting theory but i think its wrong...but as far as we know, this could be right!

What artifact? I think you're wrong. She isn't searching an artifact in the Himalaya, she is looking for something that maybe had to do with her mother, but no artifact!

navinloveslara
28-03-06, 14:07
Hmm, strange. It could be Amanda OR Lara's mother thought long and dead...

Or could be both...

tombraider123
28-03-06, 15:27
Well, its says at the end of the OP2M that there is a major twist at the end, so it could be this

~tombraider~
28-03-06, 15:43