PDA

View Full Version : 20 reasons to buy a Gamecube

illuminati30
28-03-06, 18:24
A well taking a break from studying and I thought I would grace you all with 20 reasons to buy a Gamecube for all who are unenlightened :D

PS this is just for fun.

They are so cheap these days
Its purple
You can also get it in black, and you can get RE4 themed ones.
Its shaped like a cube :D
It takes cute little mini disks that make me go awww
It has an excellent controller. Some Nintendo games have on screen display of your controller so you never even have to look at it, pretty clever.
It has amazing graphics
It’s droppable and still works! Done it 3 times now!
It had Metroid Prime - Lara in a space suit :D http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/metroidprime/index.html?q=Metroid%20Prime
It has Metroid Prime 2 http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/metroidprime2/index.html?q=Metroid%20Prime
Prince of Persia 1
Prince of Persia 2
Prince of Persia 3
It has Resident Evil 0 http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/adventure/residentevil0/review.html?sid=2897394&q=Resident%20Evil%20zero
It has a stunning Resident Evil remake with new puzzles http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/residentevil/index.html?q=resident%20evil
Best graphics you will get for Resident Evil 4 and proven :ton: http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/adventure/residentevil4/index.html?q=resident%20evil
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/adventure/legendofzeldathewindwaker/index.html
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/thelegendofzelda/index.html
Eternal Darkness – perhaps the scariest, creepiest and weirdest game ever made. Watch out for the spiders across your screen, upside down rooms, TV volume changing by itself, blood running down the walls and the sounds of babies crying as your sanity meter runs low. Don’t have bad dreams now! :D http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/adventure/eternaldarknesssr/index.html?q=eternal%20darkness
Mario, Mariokart and some amazing PRGs if your into all that jazz, oh and backwards compatibility with Nintendo Revolution.

Lara Lover
28-03-06, 18:25
:tmb:

That's cool.

illuminati30
28-03-06, 18:26
:tmb:

That's cool.

:D :wve:

interstellardave
28-03-06, 18:30
21. Super Mario Sunshine -- very underrated by some die-hards. Great game!

22. Pikmin -- Miyamoto at his innovative and quirky best!

23. Pikmin 2 -- More of the same, even better!

24. This is THE system to own for quick have-your-friends-over multiplayer. No online fuss or muss! Old school!

25. Gameboy Player -- You can play classic Nintendo games on your TV set via the Gameboy Player (plays GB games). Many translate very well to the big screen--it's just like having an SNES hooked up again!

xMiSsCrOfTx
28-03-06, 18:30
Its purple

That's why I bought mine. :ohn:

Nice list. :D :wve:

Quiver.
28-03-06, 18:31
the one and only reason to buy not an gamecube

- its from nintendo

:p

joking, im not a huge fan from nintendo but your agurments are nice :)
but I would never buy one

illuminati30
28-03-06, 18:33
the one and only reason to buy not an gamecube

- its from nintendo

:p

joking, im not a huge fan from nintendo but your agurments are nice :)
but I would never buy one

Just wait for the Revolution and i will be saying 'whos your daddy now?' :ohn:

:vlol:

Shauni
28-03-06, 18:33
Yay! :D My wubs da GameCuuube! ^_^

I can't tell if mine is purple or blue, though.. For some odd reason it looks like both colors, but that can't be right. lol! O_o

Raydai
28-03-06, 18:36
i would buy it because of donkey konga :p

But Prince of Persia isn't a reason to buy a gamecube because its multiplatform so that makes 17 :p

interstellardave
28-03-06, 18:36
i would buy it because of donkey konga :p

But Prince of Persia isn't a reason to buy a gamecube because its multiplatform so that makes 17 :p

I added 5... so it's 22! :p

MiCkiZ88
28-03-06, 18:42
I'd buy it..

Raydai
28-03-06, 18:44
I added 5... so it's 22! :p

23 because F-Zero GX! :p

jamieoliver22
28-03-06, 18:58
One reason why you shoudlnt..

THEY SUCK IMO :p

"It takes cute little mini disks that make me go awww" << omg.. lol

illuminati30
28-03-06, 18:59
One reason why you shoudlnt..

THEY SUCK IMO :p

How so? can you explain?

Quiver.
28-03-06, 19:09
I have bad experience with nintendo...

I remember when I got my fist gameboy...
WooHoo, great thing, lots of fun...

then nintendo came with the gameboy color....and everything became gameboy color, the games, the accesoires etc

so I could bring my gameboy to the garbage...
then I was saving money to buy my own gameboy color and yes I had one....
a year later that freaking company nintendo brings a gameboy advance on the market.....and the same thing happend to my gameboy color.....i could bring it to the garbage cause there were no new games on it....

and from that moment I hated ninento and I boycot them!!

BlackGrey
28-03-06, 19:15
I had a game cube once, i sold it ages ago and ever since i have regretted it :(

Edit: Link looks really cool in this shot, really shows off the game cubes capabilities :D
http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2005/135/920769_20050516_screen006.jpg

illuminati30
28-03-06, 19:21
I have bad experience with nintendo...

I remember when I got my fist gameboy...
WooHoo, great thing, lots of fun...

then nintendo came with the gameboy color....and everything became gameboy color, the games, the accesoires etc

so I could bring my gameboy to the garbage...
then I was saving money to buy my own gameboy color and yes I had one....
a year later that freaking company nintendo brings a gameboy advance on the market.....and the same thing happend to my gameboy color.....i could bring it to the garbage cause there were no new games on it....

and from that moment I hated ninento and I boycot them!!

Surly the original game boy was out donkeys years before game boy colour? And the game boy colour played the same games, is that right? Sounds like you bought at the wrong time??

Fair play to them this time, the DS plays Gameboy advance games.

illuminati30
28-03-06, 19:23
Does look good BlackGrey, but i would say Metroid or RE4 show it off better, and i think Link has been updated since then.

PS i think i mod might ask you to resize that pic. Maybe you could just post a link??

Known-Stranger
28-03-06, 19:23
i want a gamecube, but dose the disc come to it, that lets u play GBA games on it?

illuminati30
28-03-06, 19:25
I think its a cable you need, although i am not sure. :confused:

Quiver.
28-03-06, 19:26
Surly the original game boy was out donkeys years before game boy colour? And the game boy colour played the same games, is that right? Sounds like you bought at the wrong time??

you are probably right about that but I still think that nintendo released it way to fast next to eachother.....but on the other side.....the technoligy was developing fast....

illuminati30
28-03-06, 19:27
I had a game cube once, i sold it ages ago and ever since i have regretted it :(

Edit: Link looks really cool in this shot, really shows off the game cubes capabilities :D
http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2005/135/920769_20050516_screen006.jpg

Looks a lot better now! Link is cute :)

interstellardave
28-03-06, 19:29
i want a gamecube, but dose the disc come to it, that lets u play GBA games on it?

The Gameboy player is a small device that attaches easily to the bottom of your Gamecube. There is a disc provided that you put in the Gamecube... then you just insert you Gameboy, Gameboy Color, or Gameboy Advance games in the Player and you're done!

It works really well... I bought it mainly to play the old Mario games, which were re-released on the Advance. They look just like the originals, and they look great on a television set too.

illuminati30
28-03-06, 19:29
you are probably right about that but I still think that nintendo released it way to fast next to eachother.....but on the other side.....the technoligy was developing fast....

the game boy was out in 1989 and the colour in 1998, thats 10 years almost lol

as i said, they have got it right with the DS being backward compatable :)

Known-Stranger
28-03-06, 19:41
but dose the disc come with the gamecube when u buy it from SHOPS!?

interstellardave
28-03-06, 19:50
but dose the disc come with the gamecube when u buy it from SHOPS!?

No, the disc comes with the Gameboy player attachment... sold separately from the main unit. It's probably pretty cheap by now.

illuminati30
31-03-06, 11:47
New reason!!!! Tomb Raider Legend!!!! :yik: :yah:

Legends
10-12-06, 13:02
I have a GameCube. You forgot the most important game of them all: Super Smash Brothers: Melee!
I can't wait to buy a Wii! Super Smash Brothers: Brawl!
I also love the Mario games, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine.. And I wonder how the new Mario game will be on the Wii.

CuteKittenlol
10-12-06, 13:04
I have a Gamecube.
I only got it for RE games :p
Eternal Darkness is such a cool game to play alone at night :D

george_croft
10-12-06, 13:13
Here's another GOOD reason:
If you live in Sweden, you can turn in 4 games, and get a Gamecube for free:D :jmp: :D

Mad Tony
10-12-06, 14:37
Ummm isn't this thread a little old, Christian? ;)

viper456
10-12-06, 14:45
Just wait for the Revolution and i will be saying 'whos your daddy now?' :ohn:

haha i just read that and thought

Whats the starting date of this thread

SnoopyZ
10-12-06, 18:28
WOW. Some good reasons there, some not. I'm thinking of purchasing one of these GameCubes for Christmas. So I can play the old Resident Evil games and the new Zelda game (I don't have a Wii - Not getting one until they come in stock). Looking good. 31.99 used on Amazon. Cheap, if you ask me. Graphics look OK. Mini discs are ok too. :p

Thanks for that. :wve:

Night Crawler
10-12-06, 18:52
WOW. Some good reasons there, some not. I'm thinking of purchasing one of these GameCubes for Christmas. So I can play the old Resident Evil games and the new Zelda game (I don't have a Wii - Not getting one until they come in stock). Looking good. 31.99 used on Amazon. Cheap, if you ask me. Graphics look OK. Mini discs are ok too. :p

Thanks for that. :wve:You might as well just wait until you get a Wii, it's backwards compatible with GameCube.

raiderfun
10-12-06, 19:01
I have the wii :)

SnoopyZ
10-12-06, 19:02
You might as well just wait until you get a Wii, it's backwards compatible with GameCube.

Yeah. But, I don't have enough cash. GameCube is cheaper. ;)

Legends
10-12-06, 22:45
Ummm isn't this thread a little old, Christian? ;)
Yes, but I just saw it, and wanted to post in it. ;)