PDA

View Full Version : its better than that you fools

pantburster
08-04-06, 09:29
After reading lots of comments and reviews(and other stuff) i bought trl and it seems better than i had read....

The combat works well and using complex moves in hectic fire fights is FUN

The graphics are mostly outstanding(im using the ps2)

the sound as always is so relaxing and fits the game like a glove.

the puzzles are well thought out.

In all i would say that the only reason this game didn't score into the 90%'s is because it's tomb raider<--- you know what i mean.

2 questions...

Is the xbox version a lot better of it just edge the ps2? and why has the xbox360 version scored so low?

Trigger_happy
08-04-06, 09:32
i agree entirely. i think that the combat is better than in the previous TRs and the graphics, even on the ps2, are amazing. my tomb raider hating friend even likes it!

ROBE
08-04-06, 09:38
I have only played the first level and Croft Manor and I love it si far. The combat is better (although less gory) than Resident Evil 4. You can move about slide into enemies, kick them and I love the jump over them in bullet time.

Black_Mamba
08-04-06, 09:38
Same here, one of my friends who wouldn't even touch the old TR's with a ten-foot pole has ordered the game as well because he loved the demo so much :)
The combat and other moves are great, I absolutely love it :tmb:

pantburster
08-04-06, 09:45
I often think that review sites and mags look at the first review of a game and think 'hhhmmm i'd best follow suit' because when you look at a review of a game that scores quite low, you think its better than that! and given that a review is only one persons view then surely you would expect to see some variable opinions? but no they all seem to play it safe and agree with each other. The only time you see variable ratings is in reader reviews.

btw is the xb version much better than the ps2 version? if it is i'll trade my ps2 one in for the xb one.

abraham
08-04-06, 09:51
Same here, one of my friends who wouldn't even touch the old TR's with a ten-foot pole has ordered the game as well because he loved the demo so much :)
The combat and other moves are great, I absolutely love it :tmb:

same with my friend,he hated all the tr games and he sed that they all the same and its bad to kill animals,its lara why would she kill animals!!
but all that changed wen he played the demo and even brougth the game(netherlands).

navinloveslara
08-04-06, 10:03
i agree entirely. i think that the combat is better than in the previous TRs and the graphics, even on the ps2, are amazing. my tomb raider hating friend even likes it!

Cool!

smoogie
08-04-06, 10:18
I have only played the first level and Croft Manor and I love it si far. The combat is better (although less gory) than Resident Evil 4. You can move about slide into enemies, kick them and I love the jump over them in bullet time.

I hate the new combat. The game has been ruined totally. Bring back TR1 style of play! Not these stupid ****ed up shoot em ups! Where is the exporing when your are stuck on the bridge!