PDA

View Full Version : Controls ARRRRRGH!!!!

lee32uk
08-04-06, 14:29
Thought i would get this off my chest.Im currently on the Peru level on the pc version, but i am finding some of the controls really frustrating :hea:
Im using a ps2 pad which i have got setup to my liking...the problem is mainly in combat...why oh why does Lara insist on aiming at an enemy high away on a rooftop when i have 2 or 3 enemies right in front of me :mad:
Then other times Lara seems to go into 'sneak' mode and move on her own even though im not touching the damn pad.Also some of the mapped buttons dont work properly i.e I have the grenades set as 'down' on the d-pad, but when i aim a gun and press fire Lara chucks a grenade too :hea:

So anyone else having these problems or is it just lucky old me ?

P.S i have also installed the patch but i cant see that it has made any difference.

Anyway if i cant get it to work properly in the next day or so i am gonna send it back and get the ps2 version

Jurjen
08-04-06, 14:33
Play around with some of the different combat modes, maybe you'll like some of the others better.

Elysia
08-04-06, 14:35
Thought i would get this off my chest.Im currently on the Peru level on the pc version, but i am finding some of the controls really frustrating :hea:
Im using a ps2 pad which i have got setup to my liking...the problem is mainly in combat...why oh why does Lara insist on aiming at an enemy high away on a rooftop when i have 2 or 3 enemies right in front of me :mad:
Then other times Lara seems to go into 'sneak' mode and move on her own even though im not touching the damn pad.Also some of the mapped buttons dont work properly i.e I have the grenades set as 'down' on the d-pad, but when i aim a gun and press fire Lara chucks a grenade too :hea:

So anyone else having these problems or is it just lucky old me ?

P.S i have also installed the patch but i cant see that it has made any difference.

Anyway if i cant get it to work properly in the next day or so i am gonna send it back and get the ps2 version

Don't bother getting the PS2 version if the controls are your issue - she still seems to take an instant disliking (liking?!?) to distant enemies rather than the ones who are directly in front of her and beating 7 shades of ****e out of her...

Notts Raider
08-04-06, 15:39
Simply change the target you are aiming at with whatever button you have assinged to do so