PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Legend, Deleted Concepts *Maybe spoilers*

Pablo.CT
10-04-06, 19:02
Ok here it is. Info on what was gonna be in our Fnatastic Tomb Raider game:

-The AOD model was originally Planned to be in the new game.

-CD were Thinking alot about making Lara Look like Angelina Jolie.

-There was going to be a move called the wall jump.

-There was going to be a special move were when Lara is on a pipe rope, or even her grapple, she would have the ability to shoot from it.

-Lara's weapons would of included, Sniper Rifles, Sticky grenades, Molotov Cocktails, and cloud bombs for an escape.

-It was discussed that Lara should have the ability to walk on walls.

-There was going to be an extra Bike chase in the England level. The story goes that Zip and Alistar are kidnapped and Lara has to chase down a motorway after there captors.

-There was going to be a wide variety of Animals in this game.

-U could of had the ability to Crouch and shoot.

- The first trailer introduced Croft Manor, The costal thing was Croft Manor, but was changed during Final stages. (For the better I think)

-This game was going to be a completely full of Tombs and nothing else, But CD thought that during production it may get a little lackluster and Variety is a good thing.

-A platpus was gonna be in the game lol

Thats all of them. Hope you find it interesting.

interstellardave
10-04-06, 19:03
It strikes me as possible that many of these things will be in the next game!

YvesSL
10-04-06, 19:06
-CD were Thinking alot about making Lara Look like Angelina Jolie. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Twiin
10-04-06, 19:06
Yeah - especially the platypus!

BlackGrey
10-04-06, 19:07
Some one read the piggy back manual and no they weren't gonna use the AOD model they built on it :p

RoseTyler
10-04-06, 19:07
Why make Lara look like Angelina? LOL I don't get that... I mean, in the movie... Angelina doesn't look like Lara... she just looks like Angelina dressed as Lara! :p

daventry
10-04-06, 19:11
Cool, thanks Pablo CT

Twiin
10-04-06, 19:12
^ Because to some people, Angelina was their first experience of Lara Croft... and to some Tomb Raider fans, Angelina was the PERFECT Lara Croft (me included), the fact that she is hot propery in Hollywood at the moment might boost Legend's popularity - and - she's hot!

-DEBUG
10-04-06, 19:12
An interesting list you have there, would of been great to have a motorbike chase down a dreary English motorway :D

scion05
10-04-06, 19:13
i was also sure, wed see lara on the back of
some dogs like at end of tr1 film :p

gamernet
10-04-06, 19:17
[QUOTE=Pablo.CT]Ok here it is. Info on what was gonna be in our Fnatastic Tomb Raider game:

-This game was going to be a completely full of Tombs and nothing else, But CD thought that during production it may get a little lackluster and Variety is a good thing.

[\QUOTE]

How u got that info? SO what happened with THOSE animals and 'full of TOMBS' thing? Wasn't strong enough? :S

taika
10-04-06, 19:17
I'm glad they didn't base the model of AOD lara or angelina, the lara model looks great.
The motorcycle chase in england would have been good, but only if they had removed one from somewhere else (e.g. kazakstan) 3 motorcycle chases = boring and just the same old.. Why wasn't there a wide variety of animals?
Thanks for posting this its really interesting hearing the un-used ideas. I don't suppose theres any pics?

TombRaiderLover
10-04-06, 19:46
I'm glad they didn't make her walk on walls!

Alex West
10-04-06, 19:55
Cool - where did this come from?

Some of the points are very cool:

-CD were Thinking alot about making Lara Look like Angelina Jolie.
-There was going to be a special move were when Lara is on a pipe rope, or even her grapple, she would have the ability to shoot from it.

BUT I am glad that they didn't make it full of tombs - I like the variety. :D

-A platpus was gonna be in the game lol
^
Shame it didn't make the cut. I like Platupusses....paltupii! :( :p

MelikeLara
10-04-06, 20:21
all of this info is in the piggyback walkthrough
thanks anyway pablo

Timy226
10-04-06, 20:25

-There was going to be an extra Bike chase in the England level. The story goes that Zip and Alistar are kidnapped and Lara has to chase down a motorway after there captors.

Loving them all! You can see how they changed the Kindapping of Alistar and Zip, *SPOILER* seeming Lara saves them at the end of the level from the mercs. I really wanted to shoot when swinging on the grapple would have been V cool :D. ANIMALS!

Sectus
10-04-06, 20:27

-It was discussed that Lara should have the ability to walk on walls.
Crystal Dynamics should use more time researching TR games instead of new PoP games >.<

Timy226
10-04-06, 20:29
Lara is suppose to be an amazing gymnast/athlete. She aint clunky tank she used to be. :D

Lost_Raider
10-04-06, 20:33
Just a thought on animals...why are all the animals want to take a bite out of Lara???

If there is more animals, I want animals like the monkey in TR3...like real animals rather than blood thristy zombie that feast on human meat.

LozCroft
10-04-06, 20:41
I would've loved the motorway chase in England, I did think that after Zip and Alister say Amanda had been to the mansion, that it seemed to be glossed over pretty quickly, so I suppose thats where it would come in!

Shame they cut the exterior of the mansion, although at least we know it exists and will (hint to Eidos/CD) be in the next game! Is it possible things were cut due to the limits of storage on DVD?

Raz
10-04-06, 20:57
Platipus!

Now would that be a boss?

Timy226
10-04-06, 21:07
God damn no! They would of Mauled lara to death! She would never stand a chance :D

ch02jam
10-04-06, 21:15
An interesting list you have there, would of been great to have a motorbike chase down a dreary English motorway :D
i have u know the A30 as it would have been (they r in cornwall after all) is a demanding road with steep hills over bodmin moor they could even included the 'beast'

MelikeLara
10-04-06, 21:19
I would've loved the motorway chase in England, I did think that after Zip and Alister say Amanda had been to the mansion, that it seemed to be glossed over pretty quickly, so I suppose thats where it would come in!

Shame they cut the exterior of the mansion, although at least we know it exists and will (hint to Eidos/CD) be in the next game! Is it possible things were cut due to the limits of storage on DVD?
it would have been after the mercenaries got zip and alistair at the end of the england level

LozCroft
10-04-06, 21:32
it would have been after the mercenaries got zip and alistair at the end of the england level

Fair enough then, still would have been interesting! Anyone think they might do a bit of a Legend Directors Cut? Or put it in a sequal? I suppose these will probably go the way of the original Resident Evil 4 set in a haunted house.:(

tha_mattster
10-04-06, 21:42
If shes going to look like Angelina Jolie, will she have to steal a child from each country she visits?

ch02jam
10-04-06, 21:43
If shes going to look like Angelina Jolie, will she have to steal a child from each country she visits?

lol

tha_mattster
10-04-06, 21:43
i have u know the A30 as it would have been (they r in cornwall after all) is a demanding road with steep hills over bodmin moor they could even included the 'beast'

Is that the 'panther' creature that was on the news last year? It was probably a dog! These things are always used to increase tourism.

tha_mattster
10-04-06, 21:45
lol

Dont lol! Its true. The grandmother of her second adopted child wanted to look after it, but the orphanage gave it to angelina instead. Maybe her millions of dollars helped? Its wierd, she picks children who look like her with high foreheads and big lips.

-DEBUG
10-04-06, 21:46

I stand corrected :o

Anonymous
10-04-06, 21:46
I'm pretty happy that Lara can't walk on walls XD

LozCroft
10-04-06, 21:47
Dont lol! Its true. The grandmother of her second adopted child wanted to look after it, but the orphanage gave it to angelina instead. Maybe her millions of dollars helped? Its wierd, she picks children who look like her with high foreheads and big lips.

Maybe she wants to avoid the whole 'Mummy, why dont I look like you?':confused:

ch02jam
10-04-06, 21:48

then u could have angelina pretending to be lara stealing all the children and then lara has to resuce them

the fight of the doppledanger

ClareT
10-04-06, 21:51
'-It was discussed that Lara should have the ability to walk on walls.'

No comment xD

And the thing about a special move of shooting from ropes and poles, that sounds really cool! Hope we get that in TR8!

Joseph
10-04-06, 21:54
It's a 'random' list.

-The AOD model was originally Planned to be in the new game. <--- maybe for 5 minutes they considered if it would be useful, but skipped because they were going to make a much better one.

-CD were Thinking alot about making Lara Look like Angelina Jolie. <--- No, they played with the idea, but skipped it for a good reason: Lara is unique and independant. She does not resemble another celebrity.

-There was going to be a move called the wall jump. <--- it is in Prince Of Persia. They played with so much ideas....but that's something else than saying 'there was going to be".

-It was discussed that Lara should have the ability to walk on walls. <--- Again, from Prince Of Persia. They played with so much ideas....

-There was going to be a wide variety of Animals in this game. <--- Again, they played with so much ideas.... this is something else than not 'there was going to be'.

ch02jam
10-04-06, 21:57
I stand corrected :o

don't make me sound like a freak i just wanted to point out that its not a dreary road to drive
it also has its own weather; blizzards, really thick fog and binding sunshine in one day!