LaraCablara
11-04-06, 01:15
7.8 :( Its not so bad

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/tombraidervii/index.html

and the ps2

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/tombraidervii/index.html

Lost_Raider
11-04-06, 01:18
Looks like the only thing that hurt the rating is the game length...well that is what TR8 is for anyway :)

LaraCablara
11-04-06, 01:20
I expected an 8 or higher though =( Oh well.

Makaveli
11-04-06, 01:32
I don't care about any reviews, i'm having fun in the game, and for me..that's what counts,and not what other gamesites think about it.
THe only thing i kinda dislike in TRL is the shooting, but that's about it.

BoyTRaider
11-04-06, 01:36
Yeah, the game length is what hurt TRL in almost every single review out there.

Tomb of Legends
11-04-06, 01:36
Booo Gamespot! I dont like em now, from all there previews they said they loved it and only because its short they take the mickey out of it! Hello! Replay value fools?!

Lost_Raider
11-04-06, 01:40
Nah, it doesn't matter, game reviews just measures whether the game worth your money or not, if your game budget only allow you to buy one game...This review doesn't mean TRL is a bad game, it just say "it's rather expensive to pay $40 for this game"...that is why game length hurt the rating ;)

BoyTRaider
11-04-06, 01:41
What intrigues me is how short the review is... It tells you hardly anything at all; there wasn't even a single word of the mansion. :confused:

Lost_Raider
11-04-06, 01:42
What intrigues me is how short the review is... It tells you hardly anything at all; there wasn't even a single word of the mansion. :confused:

Guess it's just not hyped up enough like the game "Black"

Tomb of Legends
11-04-06, 01:44
Im over reviews now. I got one for the site of Gamespot...Screw You!

Raider X
11-04-06, 01:53
Im over reviews now. I got one for the site of Gamespot...Screw You!

:jmp: I like that review Tomb Of Legends!!

Tomb of Legends
11-04-06, 02:08
Thanks XD

BoyTRaider
11-04-06, 02:10
Do you guys think there might be a Gamespot's video review on Tomb Raider: Legend?

There was a video review of AOD and it wasn't even as good as TRL.

Lost_Raider
11-04-06, 02:12
Nvm, video review is out.

Those guys at Gamespot are completely hooked on Oblivian right now...which is rather scary IMO

Fostin
11-04-06, 02:17
Itīs not fair to rest points coz of the camera... learn how to use the mouse and keyboard reviewer!!!

UNDERTAKER
11-04-06, 02:20
7.8/10 is about the average review score for this game. I believe 8/10 is what Legend deserves. Don't get me wrong, it is a great game and I am enjoying it very much, but there is nothing stunning about it. The game is too short, too easy, the puzzles are too obvious, the motorbike sections are bad and the frame rate is chuggy for all versions.

It is definately not the blockbuster comeback I was expecting. However, it is a good fun game none the less.

What CD need to do now is build on this success. Learn from the mistakes. This is why our feedback is vital. We can't sugarcoat it just because it's Lara. We need to be harsh and honest. It is the only way we will get an amazing TR8.

Lost_Raider
11-04-06, 02:21
We pay them when we visit their site, and they pay back with I-don't-care reviews...talk about unfair treatment.

oocladableeblah
11-04-06, 02:26
what is Tilt?

Lost_Raider
11-04-06, 02:27
what is Tilt?

I think that is another word for personal preference score.

mtts06
11-04-06, 02:58
gamespot=losers :p

Anyhoo, who cares about what they think, I just want the damn game!

charmingcharlie
11-04-06, 03:05
personally I think they were being way too generous to the game. I loved the quote :-

You often only have to jump in the general direction of the next platform and the game will compensate by automatically connecting Lara to the intended surface

that just sums it up about the game, no skill needed whatsoever.

LadyLaraCroft75
11-04-06, 03:22
I have always preferred the scoring system and how games are scored on IGN than Gamespot, IGN seem to take an unbias view on game and judge the games on each individual content involved in the games instead of judging the game on general aspects of the game as Gamespot does in my opinion.

Gamespot's poor score will not stop me from buying the game.

Lost_Raider
11-04-06, 03:35
no skill needed whatsoever.

I would love additional challenge, but adding challenge does not equal to frustration...I really don't want the old TR control back just for new challenges, I want smarter and more manuverable enemies, dynamic puzzles/traps, non-linear level design and better flow...CD greatly improved TR series on those area in TRL, it just that it is not enough at the moment. TR8 needs to bring those improvements into the next level before it can become a really outstanding game.

sorcerer
11-04-06, 04:03
Game Value should have been at least 7!!

Gamespot.com gave TRL one of the lowest scores I`ve seen until now. Too bad. ....... :( :( :( :( :( :(

Asian_Lara
11-04-06, 04:21
I expected a 9 or higher, a super hit =( I knew the camera was not good.
even ltho reviews don't affect anybody in here, they have great effects on ppl who are new to the game or considering to buy this game or not.

but well, I am still playing it anyway =)

TrojanMan
11-04-06, 04:58
I thought the review was quite fair. They said everything interesting the game offers could be seen in a weekend, which is a pretty short gaming experience. I have no doubt I'll love it, but you people are being way too unfair to GameSpot. They're the best reviewing publication out there, along with EGM and Edge.

Roman5
11-04-06, 05:13
http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/700/700371p1.html scored 8.2/10

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=63793&page=2

scored 7/10

thing of dust
11-04-06, 05:14
I like how people are saying gamespot are bad/losers for reviewing the game. :confused: I thought the review was fair and I agreed with their negative points. You have to step back as a tomb raider fan and evaluate it objectively. The camera was naughty sometimes and the game was far too easy/short. I think if the game hadn't been a tomb raider game it wouldn't of done this well.

Shark_Blade
11-04-06, 07:19
gamespot people needs a good spanking:cln:

Thorir
11-04-06, 07:37
Lower score than I expected, but I suppose it is a fair score for a casual gamer. But I'm a huge TR fan and I really love the game! I think most TR fans will love it as well. :)

Elysia
11-04-06, 08:15
I too thought the review was fair and pretty honest. No reviewer who is worth his salt is going to give Legend a 9/10 out of 10 because the game, whether we like it or not, *does* have obviously flaws (game length, game difficulty, the over-abundance of block-based puzzles...). If they did, the general public and fellow reviewers (not the TR fandom) would laugh them out of the building. WE want it to score high because we are already TR fans, so we are naturally subjective. This reviewer has been very fair and objective - which is exactly what I expect from a review.

As UNDERTAKER said - no point in sugarcoating everything and saying it's perfect... nothing in this life is perfect! Constructive criticism is something we all need to enable us to grow and improve, and that includes CD and the TR series.

taika
11-04-06, 08:49
I too thought the review was fair and pretty honest. No reviewer who is worth his salt is going to give Legend a 9/10 out of 10 because the game, whether we like it or not, *does* have obviously flaws (game length, game difficulty, the over-abundance of block-based puzzles...). If they did, the general public and fellow reviewers (not the TR fandom) would laugh them out of the building. WE want it to score high because we are already TR fans, so we are naturally subjective. This reviewer has been very fair and objective - which is exactly what I expect from a review.

As UNDERTAKER said - no point in sugarcoating everything and saying it's perfect... nothing in this life is perfect! Constructive criticism is something we all need to enable us to grow and improve, and that includes CD and the TR series.

this is very true ^^ they are just being honest

Pablo.CT
11-04-06, 09:30
I hate Gamespot, they are sooo unreasonable. Just looks at all the other reviews.

8.0 8.2
8.5 8 8.7 90% 5/5 5 STARS IN FHM I hate gamespot

Elysia
11-04-06, 09:34
5/5 5 STARS IN FHM
Because FHM is the paradigm, the absolute pinnacle, of modern media...

Come on, they gave it 5/5 because you got to see ample cleavage and Lara's pants! :D

Colin125
11-04-06, 09:38
I also hate gamespot reviews and ratings. It's a rubbish site imo. :mad:

Conjobs
11-04-06, 10:03
7.8 is at the low end the scoring range but its not out of the ballpark
I've just finished the main story which I thought was great once I understood the ending (it took me a second)
I finished it in 9 hours which is pretty short. Crystal Dynamics are going to have to address the size and difficulty of the next one. They dont really have to make it any bigger they just need to include more content. If you take the Gymnasium in Croft Manor for example its only one room but you can spend a heck of a time in there because its crammed full of stuff to do and yet its only one room. Now that everyting moves on at a quicker pace (even the handstand takes half the time) everything gets completed that much quicker. In terms of difficulty I would have liked to have solved some of the problems myself rather that Lara indicating with a look or a whole pan and scan cutscene showing me exactly what I had to do. Now that I'm searcing for the Gold Relics there finally something for my brain to do. I previously posted that I thought they should have included these puzzles in the main story somehow

sorcerer
11-04-06, 10:33
Maybe the Gamespot`s PC review will have 8.0 or more. IGN`s PC review has 8.2 !

pop_raider
11-04-06, 10:43
To be honest, I wouldnt worry about gamespot reviews from now on ... They tend to wait for other reviewers to give their scores first and then they give something of an average to show that they are actually good at reviewing. TR LEgend was amazing, very short but amazing. and I'd rather have a game that is incredible and short instead of being boring and long.

chris_damon
11-04-06, 10:46
I thought it would get 8.8, not 7.8! :mad:

But anyway, I submitted my review onto Gamespot and my average rating was 9.3. I think the game is very good and to be honest the difficulty doesn't bother me (I never could complete the previous games) but the game length does kinda annoy me but hey, at least now I have something to look forward too :D

Zip
11-04-06, 10:53
Reviews are more like guidelines anyways if you think a game will be good then you should get it and as for Lara she should be a bit higher a 9 or around that

interstellardave
11-04-06, 11:02
Everyone should take notice that the Gamespot users are rating Legend 8.3 and 8.8 respectively (360 and PS2)!

konichi-wa
11-04-06, 11:25
every thing got 9 and 8 but they gave the tilt a 6

Apy
11-04-06, 12:29
And to balance things up here is a link to the GAMESPOT review of TR1 yes that's right TR One
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/tombraider/review.html

score 8.5!

viper456
11-04-06, 12:31
gamespot are usually quite harsh though.

Some Bloke
11-04-06, 12:42
Gamespot are very good reviewers and I think they gave the game a fair rating.

IMO the length of the game isn't the worst thing, it's actually the lack of challenge.

wlodi
11-04-06, 12:49
I hope they're going to review the game on other platforms as well, because the current review 7.8/10 is only for X360. Why do I think so? They pointed out unstable frame rate in the bad which seems to be X360-only problem... It couldn't be said about PS2 version for sure.

Graphics - only 8/10?
Value - 6/10 - what is it?

viper456
11-04-06, 13:23
I hope they're going to review the game on other platforms as well, because the current review 7.8/10 is only for X360. Why do I think so? They pointed out unstable frame rate in the bad which seems to be X360-only problem... It couldn't be said about PS2 version for sure.

Graphics - only 8/10?
Value - 6/10 - what is it?

the value will be the length i would of thought, people are paying for a game they expect to be longer :( oh well i ts still a good game :)

ClareT
11-04-06, 13:27
I think the rating TRL got on the site is quite good. Angel of Darkness got 6/10 altogether, where Legend got 8/10. It's better than AoD we can say at least :D

viper456
11-04-06, 13:30
I think the rating TRL got on the site is quite good. Angel of Darkness got 6/10 altogether, where Legend got 8/10. It's better than AoD we can say at least :D

TO RIGHT :D

Melonie Tomb Raider
11-04-06, 19:23
I trust gamespot with my life. This review seems perfectly reasonable. It would be very difficult for me to give a game that you can beat in 5 hours an 8 or over. It seems like an accurate review to me.

rachkitten
11-04-06, 19:26
We dont need someone else to say whether they thought the game was poor/good/great we have a mind of our own and we can decide whether the game was good or not.

^^sorry if i sound harsh but these critics really get on my nerves :mad:

customer
11-04-06, 19:30
Looks like the only thing that hurt the rating is the game length.

Length AND too easy, no challenge.

I would give it for value also a 6, maximum, not 1 point more :o

bulliestogo
11-04-06, 20:35
Looks like I'll be renting.

Spitfire
11-04-06, 20:54
while many may not agree with it im actually happy gamespot doesnt cut across it with fake numbers, while the score may have been lower than some expected u can't over look how they express constantly that its a great game and way better than the last installments bringing the series back. Take some of the good from it people.

I rather have honest reviews than super high biased scores.