PDA

View Full Version : Completed POP - The Warrior Within

Tomb Raider Master
12-04-06, 19:37
Hi! :wve:

After weeks of playing I have finally managed to complete 'Prince of Persia The Warrior Within'. It's very different from 'The Sands of Time', but I can't say that I didn't like it. The time which I needed to complete it isn't so big, since I haven't played it every day. The good thing is that the gameplay and controls are almost the same, but I didn't like its dark atmosphere too much.

There were more fights which were, IMO, a bit harder than in the previous game. The location is OK, but I have expected that the whole story won't be placed just on that island. Speaking of storyline, it was a wee bit confusing returning to the same places all over again, but there were no big problems at all in either understanding it or getting stuck somewhere.

The game itself was harder and there were a lot of traps, but as I was proceeding through the game, I learned how to successfully pass them. It's a bit more violent and it contains more blood. The boss fights were hard I can't deny that. The Dahaka knew to ban in the moment I wouldn't expect it and running from it was sometimes very tricky with lots of repeating. The big griffin wasn't so hard once I have founded out how to defeat it, but the Kaeleena caused the most troubles. I was getting very annoyed whilst I was fighting her, but, as for all the bosses, once I have figured out the strategy she became a piece of cake.

I didn't manage to get all the life upgrades, so I haven't collected the Water Sword and got the chance to fight Dahaka at the end. I'm sure I will try to get it in my next time through. But the good thing is that I got fond of metal/rock music.

Is anyone willing to share his/her thoughts about this game? :)

Lara Lover
12-04-06, 19:38
Cool. I want to buy the POP games soon :tmb:

They look brilliant.

Neteru
12-04-06, 20:10
Is anyone willing to share his/her thoughts about this game? :)Yes. I liked it. :D

Tomb Raider Master
12-04-06, 20:14
Glad to hear your large review about it, Net. :p

Mona Sax
12-04-06, 20:35
Congrats on completing the game, now you should play The Two Thrones. :tmb:

Tomb Raider Master
12-04-06, 20:44
Thanks Mona. :) Already on it to get it ASAP! :tmb:

Mona Sax
12-04-06, 20:46
You're gonna love it. SOT's storytelling and atmosphere plus WW's combat system.

Tomb Raider Master
12-04-06, 20:47
Yeah, I have already heard that it's brilliant. :tmb: I'm really looking forward to play it. :)

Nicky
12-04-06, 20:49
The Dahaka knew to ban in the moment I wouldn't expect it and running from it was sometimes very tricky with lots of repeating.
Very tricky? You're very lenient :D

Anyway, what I loved in this game was the hard-rock background music and the gothic atmosphere. Other than that, it's the weakest of the trilogy IMO.

Mona Sax
12-04-06, 20:51
Very tricky? You're very lenient :D

Anyway, what I loved in this game was the hard-rock background music and the gothic atmosphere. Other than that, it's the weakest of the trilogy IMO.
I didn't like the story, it just didn't go anywhere. The prince could just as well have fought the Dahaka right at the beginning and got it over with.

Tomb Raider Master
12-04-06, 20:54
Nicky:
You're very lenient :D
LOL! :mis: :o No, I'm not. I completed the game. :D :p

Catapharact
12-04-06, 23:28
The big griffin wasn't so hard once I have founded out how to defeat it, but the Kaeleena caused the most troubles. I was getting very annoyed whilst I was fighting her, but, as for all the bosses, once I have figured out the strategy she became a piece of cake.

Gonna give you the same Tip I did with Net:

When fighting Kaileena in the Throneroom area, just go near the pillars and go the Prince's Colum Shreader Combo. Keep her there and keep doing the column shreader. You'll defeat her in no time.

The real chalenge comes when you'll gain the Water Sword and have to face the Dahaka (Man, I so hated that fight.)

TrojanMan
13-04-06, 02:30
I didn't like the story, it just didn't go anywhere. The prince could just as well have fought the Dahaka right at the beginning and got it over with.

No he couldn't have. It would have simply killed him outright like in the chase scenes. He needed the Sword of Water (because that's the Dahaka's weakness).

Anyway, Warrior Within was my favorite Prince of Persia game. Sands of Time was good, Warrior Within was great, but The Two Thrones was really disappointing. I dunno how you can say Warrior's story went nowhere; it definately evolved. Throne's story literally goes nowhere at all. I had virtually no motivation to see what would happen next in the game, except I wanted to see how the trilogy concluded, and the ending was very disappointing.

Mona Sax
13-04-06, 08:02
No he couldn't have. It would have simply killed him outright like in the chase scenes. He needed the Sword of Water (because that's the Dahaka's weakness).
You're right, I forgot that. Sorry.

Jack Croft
13-04-06, 08:45
:D i played all three and completed all three love them they were a good pratice for legend!

TrojanMan
13-04-06, 09:10
:D i played all three and completed all three love them they were a good pratice for legend!

I have to agree that they were good practice for Legend because the platforming aspects are quite similar.

Tomb Raider Master
13-04-06, 09:21
Catapharact:
When fighting Kaileena in the Throneroom area, just go near the pillars and go the Prince's Colum Shreader Combo. Keep her there and keep doing the column shreader. You'll defeat her in no time. Thanks. :tmb: She was hard and annoying in the first fight (along with those two fighters (if you can call them that) she calls during the fight), but then I learned her moves and stroke in the right moment, which finally caused her to loose. :)

In the second fight through she was harder. She was really getting on my nerves, but then I founded out that slowing time does the charm and defeated her in a few minutes. :)

MaxPayne
13-04-06, 13:53
you have to get the water sword to defeat the dahaka so that u see the REAL ending then u can go on the two thrones if u dont at the beginning of the two thrones u will be confused