PDA

View Full Version : Appetite Supressants/Diet-Pills

JACOBryanBURNS
13-04-06, 02:01
What are your take on these? Do you approve/disapprove/don't care?

Personally....
I like them, I am on a regular regimine of appetite supressants... helps keep me in form for runway shows and such. MUCH better method than some of the models I've seen.

DREWY
13-04-06, 02:09
You don't appear to need them? A big glass of water may do the same thing, although you then have the associated problem.
A lot of models smoke, as that supresses the appetite too but is the risk worth it?

JACOBryanBURNS
13-04-06, 02:11
I've seen a lot of models do a lot worse if you know where I'm heading with this, DREWY. But your right, many of them do, and NO, it isn't worth the risk.

P.S.
As for not appearing to need them, perhaps it's because I've been kept ideal looking because of them? Without them, I do tend to... fluff up.

Spitfire
13-04-06, 03:41
I don't believe in them. I mean im sure they help somewhat but im sure it's more mental than anything.

Im sure i could give u a random pill and it being really a m&m and say its a appetite supressant, throughout the day u will look at food and go, nah i dont need it. Its more of a mental thing in my personal opinion.

As for, is it a right thing, No i dont really like the idea. I say eat what u want but work it off if u dont want it showing up on ur body. For some im sure it's harder like naturally slow metabolisms but then u just need to limit ur food intake urself.

JACOBryanBURNS
13-04-06, 03:47
Actually Spitfire, some contain an ingredient called GLUCOMANNAN which can absorb 200 times its weight in water... giving you the 'filling' feeling.

Maureen Errant
13-04-06, 04:39
I had some prescribed by my doctor years ago...............they made the muscles in the thighs feel like I'd climbed Mt Everest in one go. Burning, flames, hot poker............any thing that you can imagine that's hot. Later I found out that at that time they were a legal form of Speed. Yikes. Discovered that walking and dancing burns it off in a much nicer way.............especially the dancing:cln:

Lonely Istari
13-04-06, 04:49
My sister (not Egyptiangal, but another one) took pills with Ephedra in them (which has since then been banned) and they screwed up her thyroid causing her to have emotional problems. She had to go to a counselor and she was prescribed some anti-depressants. That really kind of turned me away from all diet pills. Even those without Ephedra, as I figure they wouldn't really do much anyway.

Hi Kate :wve: :hug:

Spitfire
13-04-06, 05:01
Actually Spitfire, some contain an ingredient called GLUCOMANNAN which can absorb 200 times its weight in water... giving you the 'filling' feeling.

meh...i just dont like pill, its a personal preference. Im a natural type of person, prefer to eat mainly natural food, and take natural things, minus the occasional Aspirin.