PDA

View Full Version : Name Calling: by your parents

JACOBryanBURNS
13-04-06, 02:38
What's the worst thing your parent(s) have called you?

My parents hate my clothes, and on a daily basis say I dress like a male stripper. Although my grandmother once said i looked like a Montrose hooker because my hair was bleached.

(Montrose is Houston's gay themed area)

DREWY
13-04-06, 02:51
To be honest I can barely remember my parents even raising their voices, let alone calling me names. I guess I was just lucky?

JACOBryanBURNS
13-04-06, 02:58
To be honest I can barely remember my parents even raising their voices, let alone calling me names. I guess I was just lucky?

*scoff* Where were yoru parents when I was being chosen for birth?

DREWY
13-04-06, 03:06
Once you have attained perfection there is no further need to look. http://www.smileypad.com/v224/Funny/Explode.gif

stereopathic
13-04-06, 03:28
my parents once told me they failed in raising me because i got a 'C' in algebra. (JrB: montrose rules! best food in houston and everything's open all night. numbers is the ****!)

Spitfire
13-04-06, 03:34
basically i kill myself with AP courses galore and Honors classes so when i achieve anything less than an A.yeah thatts right a freaking "A"!!! They say im being lazy and not trying....

stupid thing is my dad got C's and D's his whole life, like where the :cen: does that give u the right to critizice my B...

JACOBryanBURNS
13-04-06, 03:35
omg, stereopathic. You're in houston, too? Montrose is IT. I love it there. Haha. I practically live there, I'm there so much. Anyway. My granddad, on a daily basis tells me i'm gods gift to dirt. :p

Lonely Istari
13-04-06, 05:13
I know my dad is half-joking about this, but I've been ocasionally called a "no count lazy good for nothing..." I don't think he realized how that could make a person feel... :(

Maureen Errant
13-04-06, 05:26
Hello Istari........everyone.:)

Even though I was raised by two drill sargeants, they never raised their voices...........they did something even worse.
guilt is how they raised me. To this day someone does something wrong like at work and I feel guilty for it.................Grey hair here I come.:cln:

In retrospect..........I would much rather they had yelled at me once in a while.

DREWY
13-04-06, 06:34
Hmmm... So it's your fault is it Maureen?

stereopathic
13-04-06, 06:39
omg, stereopathic. You're in houston, too? Montrose is IT. I love it there. Haha. I practically live there, I'm there so much. Anyway. My granddad, on a daily basis tells me i'm gods gift to dirt. :p

hells yeah! i know that no matter how bored i am, i can always go out there because it's always on. it's by far the most liberated, laid back and cool part of the city.

about your granddad: aren't grandparents supposed to spoil their grandkids? god's gift to dirt... montrose stripper? that's freaking awful. i'm sorry you have to deal with that crap and i hope you never believe those lies.

Maureen Errant
13-04-06, 06:39
YUP....................all the time. In any way, shape or form:cln:

btw jacob...............Stereo is right. Don't believe hurtful things that other's say to you. Usually it's just a way of making themselves feel better by putting someone else down.

stereopathic
13-04-06, 06:43
maureen, i had my fair share of steaming helpings of guilt as well. my parents weren't military, tho. they were catholic. nice knowing that the world's ills were somehow my fault. i would've taken a stern lecture and a bit of corporal punishment anyday! i feel your pain.

Maureen Errant
13-04-06, 06:50
Thanks Stereo:hug:

I too would rather have been smacked, I think.

I'm doing everything I can not to repeat the cycle................but jeeze it's hard. It's something that I work at every day.
It's so incrediably easy to lay the blame somewhere else and walk away, you know?

btw: I was raised catholic too, and to this day I can't stand the thought of organized religion.................no offence meant.

jackles
13-04-06, 06:51
If when i was young anyone had said i dressed like a stripper i would have laughed my head off and said..'thanks for one minute i thought i looked a little too straitlaced, thank god my looks not too boring' and then scampered off laughing!

my nan always used to say i had the devil in me...and i've been called lots of things..usually prefixed by 'you ******* little ............. and it made me feel stuff em...

Back in the day there was'nt the emphasis on being 'nice' to your kids the way there is now...they were your kids and you had to raise them to behave or else!

My defence was always to laugh at anyone who didnt speak to me right. I have to say with my own son i feel bad if i say anything vaguely off colour!

jackles
13-04-06, 06:52
Oh and I did get smacked too...I used to laugh then as well....i must have been a difficult child!!:p

BoyTRaider
13-04-06, 06:53
basically i kill myself with AP courses galore and Honors classes so when i achieve anything less than an A.yeah thatts right a freaking "A"!!! They say im being lazy and not trying....

stupid thing is my dad got C's and D's his whole life, like where the :cen: does that give u the right to critizice my B...
You're not alone here... My parents do the same, and even when I get a low A of a 93 average. My stepfather punished me for that. lol

Oh well.

jackles
13-04-06, 06:58
I have to say chaps that I think most English parents would be delighted if their kids got grades like that!!!

stereopathic
13-04-06, 06:59
man, maureen, i see so many parents who feel that it's someone else's responsibilty to raise their children. "my kids are bad becuase tv uses foul language, or video games are violent, movies have too much sex." you feeling responsibility means that your heart's in the right place. your kids are therefore lucky to have you.

ps: don't get me started on organized religion! :D

Janny
13-04-06, 07:20
When I failed to study all of the Chemistry lesson my mom told me: "I'm ashamed that you're my child! " :( That hurt me because I studied, but she wanted the whole 4 page lesson in the book...

Turns out I actualy studied right and got an A, and the stuff from the book didn't help at all....

jackles
13-04-06, 07:21
I have to say chaps that I think most English parents would be delighted if their kids got grades like that!!!

that was meant as an indictment of the english schools as opposed to anything else!

riprse
13-04-06, 07:42
opps

Geck-o-Lizard
13-04-06, 09:36
My parents are really fair, and they never call me or my sister names other than our own. They do use guilt tactics sometimes though. When we were wee they used to hit us to make us behave if we were hysterical, but only a smack, not a beating or anything. Mostly my sister and I are well-behaved; just too much hassle being a pest! The things that get my parents' backs up are us not tipping dirty laundry out to be washed, never doing the washing up, and rarely doing any other household chores. They don't mind what grades we get at school as long as we're trying our best and not failing (I have a B average). I've got a hundred-pound-a-month maths tutor (we can only just afford it) because I'll fail maths otherwise (I just don't get maths - trust me, day after the final exam I'll have forgotten every freaking formula and equation I had to learn).

My gran, on the other hand, loves seeing little girls wearing nice frilly dresses with clean faces and natural hair colours... she has a fit every time she sees my sister's latest outfit (high-cut tops, dyed-black hair, bright orange fake-tan skin...) and never was one to hold her opinion to herself. She's really kind and nice and all, but harsh when it comes to fashion. :p