PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected, illogical, and totally acceptable

Geck-o-Lizard
13-04-06, 10:12
My big multipack of meat-flavoured crisps has a "suitable for vegetarians" tag on it. There's smoky bacon, roast chicken, prawn cocktail and beef & onion flavoured crisps in the pack... Why would vegetarians be interested in an all-meat multipack? :p

Anyone think of any others like that?

scion05
13-04-06, 10:16
well ever seen that advert for colmens mustard....

" we believe that a mighty meal is alwaysa meaty meal "

im sure that that mustard is gonna be suitable for vegges

clairelovestlc
13-04-06, 10:28
the odd thing is that all those are sutible for veritarians... yet cheese and onion isnt!

Geck-o-Lizard
13-04-06, 10:37
What?! I guess it's because of the cheese [milk] ?

There's the classic warning "May contain peanuts" on the bag of KP peanuts... it damned well better contain peanuts!

Elysia
13-04-06, 10:53

There's the classic warning "May contain peanuts" on the bag of KP peanuts... it damned well better contain peanuts!
I absolutely love it when I see things like that.

'May contain nuts' on things like Museli and jars of peanut butter, 'contains milk and milk derivatives' on butter and margarine... I'm waiting for 'Contains yeast' on bread next!

I would also like to know how you get 'Vegetarian Shredded Duck Pancakes' that are advertised in my local Chinese Takeaway... because unless they're gunning for the Bill Bailey logic ('I'm vegetarian... well, I eat fish. And Duck. Well, it's almost a fish, isn't it? It lives on water...'), last time I checked, Duck was, well, meat!

Lavinder
13-04-06, 10:53

Yeah, makes you feel a bit warey with the may on it :eek: