PDA

View Full Version : Blamming GTA again...

Spitfire
14-04-06, 04:32
When will people get it...
GTA cited as car-chase motive

New York man gets two charges after car chase with cops; thought he could outrun police because he did it in Grand Theft Auto.

From the life-does-not-always-imitate-art department, an Albany, New York, resident was sentenced to jail for second-degree assault and attempted first-degree assault, reports the online branch of Capital 9 News (http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=175621).
Tyrone McMillan was taken into custody last year after leading police on a car chase when officers attempted to pull him over for a parole violation. After slamming into two cars, McMillan told police that he thought he could outrun them because he played games from Rockstar's controversial Grand Theft Auto franchise.
McMillan, in his 30s, apparently thought that his gaming skills translated to the real world. His experience navigating the fictional streets of San Andreas and Vice City with a PlayStation 2 controller led to a 55-minute real-life car chase, part of which had his girlfriend's 11-year-old daughter and her 10-year-old cousin in the backseat. The girls leapt from the moving car while it was turning onto a highway.
But not even hours of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney could help him today, as a court judge slapped him with two concurrent seven-year jail terms. After serving time, he will be on parole for 10 years.
This isn't the first time Rockstar's top-selling franchise has been part of a criminal case. Devin Moore stands trial (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6146882.html) for the slayings of three Alabama police officers, an act which prosecuting attorneys say was influenced by playing Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
By Tim Surette -- GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/)

Hevon
14-04-06, 04:48
me i agree because this game make my nephew crazy.. and tried to stolen a car.
He changed when he played the game a lot !

mau3genius
14-04-06, 04:49
This isn't the first time Rockstar's top-selling franchise has been part of a criminal case.

What do Rockstar has to do? Stop developing GTA?
This won't change the fact that there seems to be plenty of stupid people in this world to think videogames are showing real-life facts :rolleyes:

Stupidity, pure and simple.

Spitfire
14-04-06, 04:51
me i agree because this game make my nephew crazy.. and tried to stolen a car.
He changed when he played the game a lot !

Im not saying the game is for everyone but damn it gets really old when using a game as an excuse. Certain people have different and troublesome ways of thinking, my friend tried to steal a car and he doesnt play GTA so sorry but i cant say its the only reason, but i wont rule it out as a factor.

Some people have problems with games and reality, keep it from them if they cant handle it, that simple.

Hevon
14-04-06, 04:59
yup i know and i think he played too many this kind of game and i want to say kind.. its the fault of my nephew too because.. fragile mentally.

Spitfire
14-04-06, 05:03
yup i know and i think he played too many this kind of game and i want to say kind.. its the fault of my nephew too because.. fragile mentally.
Curious, how old is ur nephew?

well i could see it somewhat influencing immature children at young and tender ages that are open to such graphic games, this is why there are ESRB ratings, unless u know for sure that such a person under 18 is mentally mature for such a game, i suggest following these labels.

mau3genius
14-04-06, 05:05
This game, clearly has a rating. If your nephew is +18 and thinks it's OK to imitate this game then... Yeah, he's mentally fragile. If he's younger, then ask yourself how could he have that game, and taking it off him was the best idea in the first place. [I have the game and I'm 13. Of course I'm not going to beat someone or try to steal a car. There's something called common sense] [I mean 14. God, I'm tooking years off myself again :D]

Angel_14
14-04-06, 07:58
GTA is one of my fave games Dunno, why, maybe it's just feels good to run around in the game, and blow off every cop's head :whi:

Zip
14-04-06, 08:05
It does make you want to go around killing stuff and blowing up cars and peoples heads don't you think ????

Its a good game but not as good as Lara !!!!!!!!!

xMyrax
14-04-06, 08:07
GTA is one of my fave games Dunno, why, maybe it's just feels good to run around in the game, and blow off every cop's head :whi:

Yes but will we do that in real life my kids? Heeelll nooo!...:whi:

Angel_14
14-04-06, 08:10
Yes but will we do that in real life my kids? Heeelll nooo!...:whi:

We?! *hides shutgun and puts an innocent face on* NEEEVVVEEERRR! :whi:

xMyrax
14-04-06, 08:13
We?! *hides shutgun and puts an innocent face on* NEEEVVVEEERRR! :whi:

Yes, never! You're an Angel and I am...Well...Harmless! ^_^ *throws bazooka out of window and crushes car*

Spitfire
14-04-06, 16:22
i think the above posts just explained why those ESRB ratings exist :D