PDA

View Full Version : TRLegend. The true story.

Play_More
14-04-06, 07:51
TRLegend is no more:

- Puzzles, just one underwater we saw in so many screenshots and trailers. And all you have to do is press "four buttons"?
- Discovering feeling, no more big areas to reconnoitre, no more big jumps. Ok, maybe Lara is a bit more human who can not jump as before and stay underwater for long time, but what about our long sessions jumping here and there on big levels? Here there are only a list of short rooms. Too linear!
- Difficulty. The game is embarassing easy. It is short and easy. I finished it in 06.08 hours completed 87%. Shameful.
What about Zip who tells you what do to? And shiny objects? Ridiculous.

Eidos is going to bring out games like this.
We will not have a new decent TR game.
The most important thing is that it has to be played by children who eat at McDonalds.
See the truth.

No interesting puzzles at all in a TR game. How can they?!
So apart the interesting but not original story, wonderful, outstanding animations and wonderful graphic, what do you have?

Would you play a car racing game with no tracks to run?
But you can change the colour of the car.
That is Useful! You can now dress Lara Croft!
Good point to conquer girls and children.

TR is going to sold anyway, so much, In England and just read, in Italy too.
This means next episode will be worse.

James_Croft
14-04-06, 08:01
Eidos is going to bring out games like this.
We will not have a new decent TR game.
The most important thing is that it has to be played by children who eat at McDonalds.
See the truth.

:ohn:

croft28
14-04-06, 08:09
TRLegend is no more:
- Puzzles, just one underwater we saw in so many screenshots and trailers. And all you have to do is press "four buttons"?

We were told early on that underwater sections werent going to be a big part of the new game. Wait till TR8.

- Discovering feeling, no more big areas to reconnoitre, no more big jumps. Ok, maybe Lara is a bit more human who can not jump as before and stay underwater for long time, but what about our long sessions jumping here and there on big levels? Here there are only a list of short rooms. Too linear!

The game is a bit linear, but to say it doesnt have enough jumps isnt true. It had a load of jumps and lots of big heights too.

- Difficulty. The game is embarassing easy. It is short and easy. I finished it in 06.08 hours completed 87%. Shameful.
What about Zip who tells you what do to? And shiny objects? Ridiculous.

Well the shiny objects were needed i think, especially in regards to using your grapple gun. The game may have been a bit too easy, but until TR8, play it on hard.

So apart the interesting but not original story, wonderful, outstanding animations and wonderful graphic, what do you have?

A small but fun new TR game which has fixed many of the last games problems. Good enough for me.

Play_More
14-04-06, 08:17
The game is a bit linear, but to say it doesnt have enough jumps isnt true. It had a load of jumps and lots of big heights too.
Do not you miss long running jumps ?
What about the auto-grab system?

Well the shiny objects were needed i think, especially in regards to using your grapple gun. The game may have been a bit too easy, but until TR8, play it on hard.

Maybe some of you are just satisfied with few things, others, like me, pretend more, we can not wait and wait and wait another TR and hope it will be better. They had time to make this one better promising a come back to originals. They just returned on the same locations, but the other aspects?

Lucy_Croft
14-04-06, 09:03
Sheesh!
Look how unrefined Tomb Raider 1 is. That was a building block. Look how buggy Angel of Darkness is. That was a building block.
How can you expect a completely new design team to automatically do EVERYTHING you want in a new game? I'm glad they didn't put so much in that they had to rush it and therefore **** it up like Core did with AOD.
Tomb Raider 8 is going to be amazing, but seriously, the world works in certain ways. For example, you're never going to be able to swim underwater if you can't even get in the pool. You're never going to be able to read if you've never even picked up a book. I'm astonished people haven't actually given any thought to this before posting negative feedback.
Okay, it has to be said so Crystal Dynamics can improve, but seriously, for a comeback, Tomb Raider: Legend is amazingly done, and beautifully crafted. It is the start of what I believe will be an extremely successful new saga of Tomb Raider games.
Basically, this is only just the beginning.

mattscer
14-04-06, 09:31
Sheesh!
Look how unrefined Tomb Raider 1 is. That was a building block. Look how buggy Angel of Darkness is. That was a building block.
How can you expect a completely new design team to automatically do EVERYTHING you want in a new game? I'm glad they didn't put so much in that they had to rush it and therefore **** it up like Core did with AOD.
Tomb Raider 8 is going to be amazing, but seriously, the world works in certain ways. For example, you're never going to be able to swim underwater if you can't even get in the pool. You're never going to be able to read if you've never even picked up a book. I'm astonished people haven't actually given any thought to this before posting negative feedback.
Okay, it has to be said so Crystal Dynamics can improve, but seriously, for a comeback, Tomb Raider: Legend is amazingly done, and beautifully crafted. It is the start of what I believe will be an extremely successful new saga of Tomb Raider games.
Basically, this is only just the beginning.
Totally agree with you :D

LegenDarY
14-04-06, 11:22

Would you play a car racing game with no tracks to run?
But you can change the colour of the car.
That is Useful! You can now dress Lara Croft!
Good point to conquer girls and children.

Uuuh.. not original story.. i don't think you got the whole story.. they've made excalibur and the arthur legend into something so much more.. they've included locations in the world.. and events in history.. and said they were linked to the sword arthur called excalibur.. so it's much more than that.. and the several daises in the world.. it's brilliant this story.. just like the story of AoD was..

And for the outfit part.. it's a good point to conquer girls? i liked it to.. and i'm not a girl.. and girls won't play the game just cause you can change outfits.. so that's bull****.. and i bet a lot of the guys are happy with the new outfits to.. like the classis outfit.. (good/smart move to put that back in the game).. and the swimsuits..