PDA

View Full Version : Privacy of the individual

angelika
14-04-06, 10:26
Have you ever consider about everyday things that violate our privacy?
I mean cell phones are being taped, cameras everywhere you go, electronic ID on every money transaction, measuring statistics machines on our TV sets, scanning our mails for anti-terrorist puproses and the list goes on and on......
Practically the so called privacy of the individual is literary term, for real life is complete filing of our every moment.

Coments.

Celephais
14-04-06, 10:36
I just want to know why my next door neighbour has drilled a hole in my shower tiles.

scion05
14-04-06, 10:37
CCTV outside of changing rooms :(

jarhead
14-04-06, 10:38
:yik: i would sort out that neighbour immediatly. i dont think we have any privacy anymore. theres no trusts anywhere. you cant even walk into london with a backpack on, you get questioned. is unfair. they'll arrest us if we tap into the prime ministers phone, yet they can tap into ours

Lavinder
14-04-06, 11:09
Its fun listening to peoples phone calls, I found out somone across the street was in dept for thousands of pounds :D

It was not me who listened though, it was my dad and I just happened to be there. But we don't do that no more since he sold his kit on ebay because he got bored of it.

JasonDavies15
14-04-06, 11:15
When I get changed in changing rooms in clothes stores I always think there is a camera behind the mirror!

Lavinder
14-04-06, 11:19
When I get changed in changing rooms in clothes stores I always think there is a camera behind the mirror!

Me too :eek:

JasonDavies15
14-04-06, 11:20
Me too :eek:

I never feel quite comfortable though, so I try to be as quick as I can. I mean after I come out the lockers I think maybe the assistant saw me on the camera??? :confused:

Angel_14
14-04-06, 11:22

In my country they closed a shopping center, because they put cameras in the changing rooms and in the WC :yik:

JasonDavies15
14-04-06, 11:24
In my country they closed a shopping center, because they put cameras in the changing rooms and in the WC :yik:

:yik: That is not on! Serisously that is wrong, people absolutely need their privacy in the loo, and to be watched is just something else!

Angel_14
14-04-06, 11:27
:yik: That is not on! Serisously that is wrong, people absolutely need their privacy in the loo, and to be watched is just something else!

Yes! and one time I was there! It's just awful to think that they maybe saw my underwear! ugh! :yik:

JasonDavies15
14-04-06, 11:29
Yes! and one time I was there! It's just awful to think that they maybe saw my underwear! ugh! :yik:

It is concering, esspecially when it involves your private areas. Who on earth had that idea to put cameras in those sort of places, it's just wrong and perverted!!??

Angel_14
14-04-06, 11:50
the guy, said, it was from security reasons! Security reasons, my :cen: ! I don't need a camera watching me as, I'm trying up a skirt! :mad:

angelika
14-04-06, 12:08
Some things are illigal and supposingly protected by law. No company can place cameras on the employees working area. How about bank and stores?
It is illigal to overhear someone's telephone conversations but how about the devices that track calls within a small range that are sold everywhere (like Lavinder said)?

Forwen
14-04-06, 14:06
I remember when I was in a shop mall I wandered into the toilet with obvious intentions. After doing what there was to be done I got up and reached out to flush the toilet - and before I even touched that button on the wall the goddamn thing FLUSHED ITSELF ALL OF A SUDDEN. I hope it was a photocell, because it really scared the cr... I mean, I was shocked :yik:

CerebralAssassin
14-04-06, 14:08
If someone can watch another person taking a ****, then more power to them.I don't care if people watch me,as I'm not doing anything suspicious..

xMiSsCrOfTx
14-04-06, 14:14
If someone can watch another person taking a ****, then more power to them.I don't care if people watch me,as I'm not doing anything suspicious..

Umm, it's disgusting and inhumane... You're telling me you go to the washroom with the door wide open, you don't care if people walk past and stare? What an invasion of privacy...

I don't trust anyone these days. I hate going to public bathrooms, changing rooms, anything like that. I only use them if I absolutely have to. Call me paranoid, but I don't want to be on anyone's little "home movie".

Lara Lover
14-04-06, 14:15
Umm, it's disgusting and inhumane... You're telling me you go to the washroom with the door wide open, you don't care if people walk past and stare? What an invasion of privacy...

I don't trust anyone these days. I hate going to public bathrooms, changing rooms, anything like that. I only use them if I absolutely have to. Call me paranoid, but I don't want to be on anyone's little "home movie".

Same here. I never use Public toliets. Hate them.

CerebralAssassin
14-04-06, 14:17

It's disguisting,I'll give you that,but we brought this **** onto ourselves to begin with...

CerebralAssassin
14-04-06, 14:18
and no,I don't go with the doors open,hell I'm even bladder-shy..

xMiSsCrOfTx
14-04-06, 14:19
It's disguisting,I'll give you that,but we brought this **** onto ourselves to begin with...

Still, that doesn't make it right. But I guess in a world with technology vs. humans, the technology will dominate. It's still wrong.

CerebralAssassin
14-04-06, 14:24
Still, that doesn't make it right. But I guess in a world with technology vs. humans, the technology will dominate. It's still wrong.
It's wrong but hey..do you wan't to get on an airplane and feeling safe or not?

Apofiss
14-04-06, 14:49
Actually there is (i did verify.. in most stores at least, it's part of security thing), so don't take off to much lol :D

scion05
14-04-06, 14:50
its disgustin to have a camera in the bog :@

Nephili
14-04-06, 15:09

Back when i used to work in Burtons, they didnt have CCTV in the changing rooms, they didnt even have it in store!