PDA

View Full Version : Adverts That Get On Your Nerves

Zip
14-04-06, 22:29
Well after the success of my Cilit Bang thread i thought this was iminent,i have looked and there are some adverts that really get on my nerves,either cos there just stupid or they have morons advertising on them

These include the Cilit Bang but thats just funny

Elephant car insurence
The one with the man with curly hair who goes ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh does searching for car insurence and that picture loans one that bloke is suce a t:cen: :cen: :cen: r so anyone else got any really annoying adverts please share them with us ?????????????

Night Crawler
14-04-06, 22:32
Shelia's friggin' Wheels! :mad:

Zip
14-04-06, 22:34
Yep thats another one thats so ahhhh stupid its unreal

SUGARPIE
14-04-06, 22:36
CONFUSED Dot bloody com - How many times does the berk have to shout that line yes and Elephant.co.uk, yes that's right, Elephant.co.uk :(

jarhead
14-04-06, 22:36
118-118. I DONT WANT TO GIVE YOU MY ******* NUMBER,

sorry but i cringe when i see that advert. i feel like lobbing it off a cliff

Geck-o-Lizard
14-04-06, 22:37
That Bertie Bott's Liquorice advert that had an animated Bertie Bott and two unbelievably crass actors (a "mum" and a "son") in the kitchen making smoothies... AUGH! I'm so glad it's not played any more because I always cringed like hell at it every time it was played. Crass adverts in general make me cringe and feel extreme pity for the actors/actresses who're forced to appear in them, and it makes me feel something like nausea and extreme repulsion when I think of/see the product being advertised.

SUGARPIE
14-04-06, 22:38
'This is not any ordinary mince pie, this is a slow baked, tenderly filled pie with the finest Belgian berries....etc'

Dirvla Kirwen sounding like she's on a sex line advertising M&S food Grrr

Natla'd
14-04-06, 22:39
LMAO, just as I was clicking on this post, I was thinking "AHHH...does searching for car insurance drive you crazy?" ;)

I hate the Diamond Car Insurance adverts. I mean, at least Shelia's Wheels put some effort into it!

jarhead
14-04-06, 22:39
oh and that cleaner close advertising DAZ. why would i trust a soap anyway.

and carol vauderman adverts. you could save all this money. i dont really care as they all look so cheap

SUGARPIE
14-04-06, 22:40
Oh and the one for organic shampoo with that stupid woman in the shower shouting 'Yes...yes...YES'. They can't even advertise shampoo without oincorporating sex. Oh I wonder if it's because it's called 'Organics'? I'd never have made the connection *sigh*

Utterly irritting.

Reggie
14-04-06, 22:41
CONFUSED Dot bloody com - How many times does the berk have to shout that line yes and Elephant.co.uk, yes that's right, Elephant.co.uk :(

You said it for me, though the M&S food adverts makes everything look impossibly nice lol

Lavinder
14-04-06, 22:42
ALL the adverts on Living TV.

jarhead
14-04-06, 22:42
yes, yes YES suggs. i couldnt agree more. and the loincloth one where she manages to say the word 'loincloth' but smile at the same time

meansizzler
14-04-06, 22:45
All them old Loan shark adverts, can't remember them, but back in the day I knew a guy you always used to get annoyed when they came on so whenever one of them adverts came on he phoned up the loan shark and put the phone to the tv speakers so they could listen to there advert, and then he use to tell them, "how do you like it listening to yourself over and over"....hehehe

Lavinder
14-04-06, 22:45
Oh and the one for organic shampoo with that stupid woman in the shower shouting 'Yes...yes...YES'. They can't even advertise shampoo without oincorporating sex. Oh I wonder if it's because it's called 'Organics'? I'd never have made the connection *sigh*

Utterly irritting.
Yeah, i've used the stuff and it doesnt make me have waves of pleasure running through my body. I can get that for free, not through a friggin' smelly shampoo!

jamieoliver22
14-04-06, 22:50
I can get that for free, not through a friggin' smelly shampoo!

Oooh.. I bet ya can :p

I find most adverts annoying.. Mainly the guy from 'Safeseal'. YOU BUY ONE, YOU GET ONT FREE, I SAID YOU BUY ONE, YOU GET ONE FREE'

Lavinder
14-04-06, 22:52

I find most adverts annoying.. Mainly the guy from 'Safeseal'. YOU BUY ONE, YOU GET ONT FREE, I SAID YOU BUY ONE, YOU GET ONE FREE'

:mis::pi:

I hate that man! If somone gave me a gun and told me how to use it I would shoot him!

meansizzler
14-04-06, 22:52
Anyone remember the "Kinder Bueno" advert and that line they used "I can't wait for you to open me and lick my ripples", I can't believe they got away showing that advert during daytime television.., and if anyone doesn't know it was an advert for a chocolate/candy bar..

The another annoying advert was the "Olay Regenerative", I'm like WTF?, all that stuff that women says about beauty secerets she has been told just so annoying, it's really bugs me, can't she just get off her but and do her own damn research, instead of relying on people to school her in beauty therapy..

jarhead
14-04-06, 22:53
any advert thats starts off with ' hi im .....'. there never anyone famous so announcing your name would persuade me to buy anything.

i love the kinda beurno advert. you can lick my ripples is so funny when they show it after a weight/diet programme

Lavinder
14-04-06, 22:55
Anyone remember the "Kinder Bueno" advert and that line they used "I can't wait for you to open me and lick my ripples", I can't believe they got away showing that advert during daytime television.., and if anyone doesn't know it was an advert for a chocolate/candy bar..

Bite me! Bite me! Bite me!

Dr Robotnik
14-04-06, 22:56
Adverts I hate...

-CONFUSED.COM!!! Oh :cen: off will you?!

-Safestyle UK: I said you buy one you get one free! I SAID YOU BUY ONE YOU GET ONE FREE!!! Can't he just BOGOF?!

-Sheila's Effing Wheels: 'Nuff Said

There are loads more on the list but I'm just posting these for now, at least until I calm down..

meansizzler
14-04-06, 22:59
Sheila's Effing Wheels..., that advert is hilarious...:D :D :D

Lavinder
14-04-06, 23:01
Sheila's Effing Wheels..., that advert is hilarious...:D :D :D

I know every word because I use to watch charmed on LivingTv.. now I just download them :D (the episodes of charmed not the adverts ;) )

Dr Robotnik
14-04-06, 23:05
I get the feeling that the people behind Shiela's Effing Wheels deliberatly set out to make that advert as annoying as possible!:mad:

M&S Food also gets my vote. To quote from another website...

This is not just a bin bag, it's a Marks and Spencer refuse disposal container, made from Grade 1 North Sea oil and hand-rolled into packs of ten by beautiful Faroe Island virgins, sealed with a kiss and hand-delivered to every M&S store on velvet cushions

:cen: off already!

That AA advert with the whole 'Bev Kev' thing also grates me!:hea: :mad:

GeckoKid
15-04-06, 00:08
in the uk:
"these years you don't have to be posh to be privilaged" advert

in hk:
ALL those chinese new year ads. glad that i am never there again.

pythontrainer
15-04-06, 00:13
good thread!! mayb CD will realise u need more Legend ads out there!

picture loans advert!! that mans nose!? ahahahaaa...

all those debt ads.! the acting! aGGGGGGhhh

why cant people think more about ads, like honda! :D lol

meansizzler
15-04-06, 00:31
Does anyone remember that compensation advert "national accident helpline" I think, where a women in here 40's is walking and then drips and breaks her leg, that part was hiliraious, almost looked real, I couldn't stop laughing when she trips and all you hear is CRACK, HAHAHA

tombraider_roxs
15-04-06, 01:02
I dislike all diet pill adverts strongly, especially the ones where they feel to make their commercial 30 seconds long, and play it TWICE. It's annoying enough the first time.

Genocide
15-04-06, 01:05
anything to do with
-Loans
-car insurance
-swithing your mortgage
-ringtones
or anything with Crazy Frog

RoseTyler
15-04-06, 01:19
I bloody HATE macdonalds adverts.

Thorn
15-04-06, 02:14
Television really isn't worth the time. I like some shows on Comedy Central at night when I have nothing to do or the news/weather channels.

ace_85
15-04-06, 02:53
Those Iceland adverts with Kerry bloody Mcfadden make me want to throw things at the tv :hea:

xMiSsCrOfTx
15-04-06, 02:55
There's this diet supplement called 'FORUMLA 9', that commercial is so damn annoying! The guy says 'FORMULA 9' about 32 times in a 20 second commercial. It bugs the hell out of me.

Zip
15-04-06, 07:59
'This is not any ordinary mince pie, this is a slow baked, tenderly filled pie with the finest Belgian berries....etc'

Dirvla Kirwen sounding like she's on a sex line advertising M&S food Grrr

Thats got to be one of the stupidest adverts,i mean how do we know all that **** she rambling on about is true ????????? its probably just made on a production line like all the other food

Lara Lover
15-04-06, 07:59
Elephant.co.uk :( Grrr!

Zip
15-04-06, 08:00

Have you seen his wife shes as bad as him if she aint female i dont think you could tell them a part

jamieoliver22
15-04-06, 08:44
Does anyone remember that compensation advert "national accident helpline" I think, where a women in here 40's is walking and then drips and breaks her leg, that part was hiliraious, almost looked real, I couldn't stop laughing when she trips and all you hear is CRACK, HAHAHA

You are weird and sadistic...

Celephais
15-04-06, 09:21
To be successful commercials have to catch the attention of potential customers. Unfortunately 90% of the tme the commercial cathes tour attention because it's irritating :rolleyes:

My vote for most annoying modern (ish) commercial is that car insurance one where the guy is "grooving" in front of his fridge with a phone in one hand and he wants some car insurance firm to "quote me happy"

There was also a commerial in the early 90s about cough syrup where a Buddy Holly looking guy holds up a bottle of cough syrup and says "I'd ike to tell you about...". and then starts coughing for about 30 secoonds. Totally moronic.

scion05
15-04-06, 09:44
in the uk:
"these years you don't have to be posh to be privilaged" advert

in hk:
ALL those chinese new year ads. glad that i am never there again.

Eah! Love give us a brew!

Ten sugars 'a twelve :D

ChocChipCookie
15-04-06, 09:48
ALL adverts annoy me, especially when they show them during movies, honestly, would it really hurt just to have 2 hours commercial free? :hea:

And one that really grates on me "Does searching for Car Insurance drive you crazy?" Not much but this effing advert does.

And ringtone ads - I can't watch music channels anymore cos these are on constantly, and they always seem to have annoying voices :hea:

OK, whinge over :tea:

Celephais
15-04-06, 09:54
Actually.. The Crazy Frog...

SUGARPIE
15-04-06, 10:18
Eah! Love give us a brew!

Ten sugars 'a twelve :D

LMAO 'Ooh It's sooo you' and 'One is utterly ravernous' in the greasy spoon cafe at the start of the advert. I like that one!!

But notice one thing about these repetitive adverts - we all remember them and that is precisely why they shout their company name over and over so they stick in the mind!

Yes the Nat. Accident Helpine is annoying. 'I was walking to work one day [with my head in the clouds] when I failed to notice that the floor was wet [I missed the bloddy great puddle right in front of me]. I fell [namely because I was wearing 8 inch heels] and badly injured my knee [due to the fact I am 12 stone overweight]....

No doubt it was her ego that was the most damaged. It was the contents of her make-up bag I felt sorry for, all that Estee Lauder cracked and sprawled across the floor :D

Ampersand
15-04-06, 10:20
Shelia's friggin' Wheels! :mad:

You read my mind! :cln:

I can't stand loud adverts, or anything involving cheesy singing. Of course, that's half the ads on TV... :o

JasonDavies15
15-04-06, 10:22
I'm not that keen on the Crunchy Nut Nutty advert?? You know that girl who offers the cereal and says "No, you wouldn't like to, okay thank you!" is Carly from Eastenders!

SUGARPIE
15-04-06, 10:25
Who was Carly? Don't remember her!

Greenkey2
15-04-06, 10:25
Yes the Nat. Accident Helpine is annoying. 'I was walking to work one day [with my head in the clouds] when I failed to notice that the floor was wet [I missed the bloddy great puddle right in front of me]. I fell [namely because I was wearing 8 inch heels] and badly injured my knee [due to the fact I am 12 stone overweight]....

No doubt it was her ego that was the most damaged. It was the contents of her make-up bag I felt sorry for, all that Estee Lauder cracked and sprawled across the floor :D

ROFL! :vlol: Absolutely! I agree 100%!

Anything that involves;
*compensation
*insurance
*loans
*car credit
*cheesy music
*noise
.....is always 100% unadulterated crap.

Which is why one of my favourites is the whisky adverts with the dancing grouse! :D He's great, and I don't even LIKE whisky :vlol:

Elysia
15-04-06, 10:27
Anything with talking / anthropomorphised cars in it. The old Renault Megane ones were the worst, with the car giving advice to the driver about his love life. Although that is closely followed by the 'my car is as cute as a dog' adverts. I have a sneaking suspicion that they were Renaults, too... just STOP IT! It's a blinkin' *car*! It gets you from A to B in the quickest time! It does not give you either a) instant sex appeal or b) make you look like a responsible parent! (Elysia stops there, or she will end up going into her 'Chelsea Tractor' rant, and no one needs to witness that... ;) )

The other ones are the Lynx adverts - what false advertising! Lynx smells like old bins squirted with air freshner. The 'mud wrestling' one just made me roll my eyes each time I saw it... honestly, if any man on the planet fell for that advertising campaign, they should be ashamed of themselves, because they advertisers are implying that a) you can only get a girl if you wear Lynx, b) Lynx is the only thing that will make girls perform for you (rather than your own qualities) and c) you're some kind of neanderthallic sexist idiot who thinks women are good for one thing and one thing only.

Bring back the Tango adverts! They ruled!

JasonDavies15
15-04-06, 10:28
Who was Carly? Don't remember her!

Carly is a newbie to Eastenders LOL! She is the brother of deano the blond girl who works in the Arches with Minty and Garry! :D

Carly wicks lol

http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/images/eastenders/characters/carly_w/char_carlywicks.jpg

Greenkey2
15-04-06, 10:31
The other ones are the Lynx adverts.....

Just what I was thinking :rolleyes: I'd like to see one of these Lynx-wearing men go to a zoo and get dragged off my a sex-crazed lady Lynx......that'd teach him :mis:

Zip
15-04-06, 10:37
Just what I was thinking :rolleyes: I'd like to see one of these Lynx-wearing men go to a zoo and get dragged off my a sex-crazed lady Lynx......that'd teach him :mis:

That would be really good :D :D :D

Dr Robotnik
15-04-06, 10:38
Even more adverts I can't be doing with...

DFS: Not one advert in particular, but the whole bloody lot. Has their EVER been a time when they didn't have a sale on?! :yik: :mad:

Norwich Union: 'Quote Me Happy'. I have never met a single person who has ever been quoted happy by that company.

Crazy Frog: Do I really need to elaborate? :mad:

Which reminds me, has anyone ever seen that adert for Cremosa sweets where the kid asks his mum for sweets, but she says that they're bad for your teeth, but then some random woman shows up and says that it's alright because Cremosa are sugar-free.

The advert is that badly dubbed that I always get some horrible fascination out of watching it.:D :p

Zip
15-04-06, 10:41
Even more adverts I can't be doing with...

Which reminds me, has anyone ever seen that adert for Cremosa sweets where the kid asks his mum for sweets, but she says that they're bad for your teeth, but then some random woman shows up and says that it's alright because Cremosa are sugar-free.

The advert is that badly dubbed that I always get some horrible fascination out of watching it.:D :p

Yes id would have gone ure not havin any ****** sweets now bag the shopin you little ******

badboy70
15-04-06, 11:07
all of the products like Vanish, Cilit Bang,...

drummo
15-04-06, 11:17
Aaaaaahhhh does the search for annoying adverts drive you crazy? lol

you know what really grinds my gears? :-

Sheilas wheels - why are the men praising the efforts of women getting cheaper car insurance when it doesnt benefit men?

any loan advert including ocean finance when the mans on an island then the yatch comes, he doesnt realise he still has to pay for that! and the one where the man is balancing on the tight rope! but the ones with the reconsturctions are funny, remember Declan Swan the lad who had to wear glasses because he got hit by a swing!

Bouny kitchen towels - emmbarrassment to men, men in drag are always called barbara, margeret or sue!

and of course the bang of cillit! but that has turned out hillarious now

great thread yet again Zip

ChocChipCookie
15-04-06, 11:21
Bring back the Tango adverts! They ruled!

Yeah I liked those! "BIIIIG JUICY APPLES!!!" "FAT PIGEON!"

Zip
15-04-06, 11:57
Aaaaaahhhh does the search for annoying adverts drive you crazy? lol

you know what really grinds my gears? :-

Sheilas wheels - why are the men praising the efforts of women getting cheaper car insurance when it doesnt benefit men?

any loan advert including ocean finance when the mans on an island then the yatch comes, he doesnt realise he still has to pay for that! and the one where the man is balancing on the tight rope! but the ones with the reconsturctions are funny, remember Declan Swan the lad who had to wear glasses because he got hit by a swing!

Bouny kitchen towels - emmbarrassment to men, men in drag are always called barbara, margeret or sue!

and of course the bang of cillit! but that has turned out hillarious now

great thread yet again Zip

Thnx glad you all like it

SUGARPIE
15-04-06, 12:02
Carly is a newbie to Eastenders LOL! She is the brother of deano the blond girl who works in the Arches with Minty and Garry! :D

Carly wicks lol

http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/images/eastenders/characters/carly_w/char_carlywicks.jpg

:vlol: SHE is the BROTHER?? lol!! ;)

I remember her now! Thanks :hug:

rachkitten
15-04-06, 12:10
I hate adverts that go on about lime scale in your washing machine, i'm like why do we care???

And i hate Compensation adverts...so annoying.

Also there is an advert where a girl gets run over by a car, and she says "you it me at 60mph theres a 80% chance ill die"(or something like that) - i think that one is kinda sad :(

SUGARPIE
15-04-06, 12:16
The only financial advert I CAN actually laugh at is the one for Nationwide. People go into another bank and the big guy keeps saying 'No sorry, brand new customers only!' The customer asks if he can borrow a pen 'Ooh no sorry, brand new customers only I'm afraid'! At least it's original!

jarhead
15-04-06, 12:19
i hate the claims advert where you have the lawyer on a lie decector test and the women asks really stupid questions like' Will i recieve 100* of the compensation' and the lawyer replies really cheesily.

Zip
15-04-06, 13:01
The only financial advert I CAN actually laugh at is the one for Nationwide. People go into another bank and the big guy keeps saying 'No sorry, brand new customers only!' The customer asks if he can borrow a pen 'Ooh no sorry, brand new customers only I'm afraid'! At least it's original!

Yes that one is quite good :D

TombRaiderLover
15-04-06, 13:16
I can't remember the name of the advert or what it advertises, but it gets on my nerves how the woman is horrible to the man and he's all calm, and she keeps saying 'Will I receive 100% of the compenSATION!!!!!!'

And those lolly adverts are really badly dubbed. My and my sister make fun of it. I move by mouth and she says the words, but they're not at the right time.

jarhead
15-04-06, 13:21
oh i know there chuba lollies that have weird names.

Lavinder
15-04-06, 13:23
i hate the claims advert where you have the lawyer on a lie decector test and the women asks really stupid questions like' Will i recieve 100* of the compensation' and the lawyer replies really cheesily.
I think I know what she does in her personal time! She really likes bossing that man about!

Will i recieve 100% of the COMPENSATION!

Freak.

Reggie
15-04-06, 13:24
I hate the Barclays adverts with Jennifer Saunders she used to be funny but I find everything she does on TV just plain irritating.

jarhead
15-04-06, 13:25
WOW lavinder, you post is like one of those eye tests. is it just me or do you think she puts words into pwoplwe mouths far to often on that advert. i would just to turn round and reply
'NO you wont, i will get 99% so why dont you just ....... '

Elysia
15-04-06, 13:30
Did you know that they've made those 'No Win, No Fee' adverts kind of illegal now? (I say kind of, because I caught the end of the news bulletin about it all... it's either happened recently or it's going to happen in the future, that much I know!).

At last - people might have to face up to the mistakes they make... if you walk into a lampost then suck it up - you weren't looking where you were going and no one should have to pay you for the ensuing concussion!!

Zip
15-04-06, 13:40
You know whats the best,its the loan adds cos it says you could borrow up 2 25000 quid and it all sounds good if you look at the bottom it says total repay 42000 so there just thick ******* i mean what a set of complete ******

Lavinder
15-04-06, 13:46
WOW lavinder, you post is like one of those eye tests. is it just me or do you think she puts words into pwoplwe mouths far to often on that advert. i would just to turn round and reply
'NO you wont, i will get 99% so why dont you just ....... '

I know!

Who else hates that one with vordemon or whater her name is in it :D ?

EK-MDi
15-04-06, 14:12
I HATE the Pizza Hut commercials.
Oh and the Yes Car Credit - "yes you can... yes you can..." - so effing annoying. I keep mocking it, and just say this: "no you can't... no you can't...". LOL.

EK-MDi
15-04-06, 14:13
ALL the adverts on Living TV.
So true.

Elysia
15-04-06, 14:15
I HATE the Pizza Hut commercials.
*Expecially* since they're ripped off 'Look Around You' in a really, really poor way...

SUGARPIE
15-04-06, 14:18
Ely is right, we are living in a world where we are devoid of personal responsibility. Mind you I would possibly sue the Lidl if I broke my neck - they cram too many racks in the middle of the aisles and often are slow in clearing up glass and spillages. Plus their electric doors close when you are still walking through :vlol:

But yes, on the whole it's time people accepted that they weren't looking where they were going but on the up side, at least companies and employees are lessening the risks for fear of being sued. Then again, can we claim for tripping over a monalythic-sized yellow cone that reads 'caution wet floors'? :D They shoud make it even bigger and put at the top 'LOOK WHERE YOU ARE GOING oh and Please read this sign, wet floors ahead :vlol:

drummo
15-04-06, 17:20
i think Ronald McDonald is a peadofile and i hate Howard the Halifax man he thinks he's fantastic, although his vocals are divine :p

Ross
15-04-06, 18:30
that Domimoes thing that plays before the simpsons starts. the aye carumba.. whatever.

Zip
15-04-06, 19:16
that Domimoes thing that plays before the simpsons starts. the aye carumba.. whatever.

Must agree with you ,i mean all that you really want is for the simpsons to start

Ross
16-04-06, 15:26
quite!

James Burgon
16-04-06, 15:28
I hate watching the Simpsons on Sky One cause I always get the feeling of wanting a pizza from Domino's :(.