PDA

View Full Version : Problems with installing

benholland1991
15-04-06, 10:53
hello i installed tomb raider legend and when i click to play it says, please insert original tr7 DVD/CD, but it is in there. Y this this happeneing and how do i fix it?

benholland1991
15-04-06, 14:06
plz help...anyone

zren
15-04-06, 14:27
Try to clean the disc with a dry soft cloth and re-insert it.

Also, dont use the shortcut on your desktop, right click on the DVD drive
and choose "AutoPlay" and then click "Play Tomb Raider".

That may work hopefully :)

benholland1991
15-04-06, 14:41
nope it still says Wrong disc inserted.
Please insert the original "TombRaider7" CD/DVD.
Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=wrongdisc for further, more detailed information.

thanks for your help thought. :)

Lord Icon
15-04-06, 15:45
Do you have any virtual CD program running in the background like DeamonTools, GameDrive etc.? If yes disable it. If you patched the game to 1.1 there is "black listing" which could be creating the problem.

I had the same problem with Project: Snowblind (which ironically uses the same copy protection and is from Eidos). I would get an error message about not having the original DVD in the drive. Of course the original DVD was in the drive. After disabling the VCD program it would run without any problems.

benholland1991
15-04-06, 15:58
yes but i got this off ebay and it turned out to be a copy so is there no way it can work?
i wouldnt have got it if i knew it was copied.

Joseph
15-04-06, 16:10
Nope. Buy a new legal copy, in a decent shop. ;)

benholland1991
15-04-06, 16:19
i hate ebay

Lord Icon
15-04-06, 16:56
You didn't tell me it was a copy. Oh well... sorry you're going through this but we can help you only with problems of legitimate software/hardware.

benholland1991
15-04-06, 17:19
yes i know sorry i didnt mention that i just knew this had happened to other people with the original and i thought it might work and i wouldnt have wasted my money.

Osojojo
16-04-06, 00:37
Nope. Buy a new legal copy, in a decent shop. ;)

But I bought my copy from a store, and it's LEGAL, and I paid $40, and I have the same problem.

Joseph
16-04-06, 01:07
Right-click on the dvd drive, select explore then locate the setup.exe and install?

zren
16-04-06, 12:01
I think this has to do with the DVD copyprotection then.
Some protection cause DVD drives to not 'detect' or 'spin up' DVD's fast enough
for programs to read/access it. (this is why it is sometimes better to "AutoPlay" & "Play TR" instead
of using the shortcut)
If possible then try a different DVD drive and see if that one does work, if it
does -- then it is your DVD drive causing it :S