PDA

View Full Version : How you know you're obsessed with TRL

quetzalcoatl
15-04-06, 16:18
This is the official thread for TRL obsession =)

When you see a shiny object you want to throw a grappling hook at it

You want to leap, grab and shimmy your way up the stairs instead of walking

When you walk into an old building you start looking around for hidden switches and pressure plates

When you get into trouble you go to talk to Zip or Alister or your headset, then realise you're not wearing one

Add more... hehe

Peyn_OTHfan
15-04-06, 16:21
You're crazy!

quetzalcoatl
15-04-06, 16:24
Um...duh! lol

Atropos
15-04-06, 16:36
Well I don't personally feel the desire to chase trains on my motorcycle, but that could be another outcome I guess... :D

jackali
15-04-06, 16:38
this is the kind of thing they did for stargate on a fan site

is very funny whe the list keeps going and gets into the hundreds

another thing being,

you keep insisting that the R.A.D. mode on your binoculars is broken and will not work anymore (they are ordinary binoculars)

Aquarius_D
15-04-06, 17:30
1. When you fall asleep all you can dream about is Lara running around...

2. When you write 100 letters to Santa asking for a Ducati :D

Rivendell
15-04-06, 17:34
With the old TR games, after playing them I used to walk through town looking at buildings and thinking "Hmm, I could jump up there, grap that ledge, shimmy over there, climb up .." etc , and now with TRL I'm getting it again!

Wish I could climb like that!

xMiSsCrOfTx
15-04-06, 17:35
When you walk into an old building you start looking around for hidden switches and pressure plates

Oh that's definitely me. ;)

TRhistorian
15-04-06, 18:27
When you suddenly are on the grand canyon and you suddenly start climbing, and jumping like Lara.

(Which I have done, very fun experience and deathifying :))

Twist'O Lemon
15-04-06, 18:32
When I was in the loft before I did some very acrobatic moves to stretch, crawl and shimmy my way to the other side amongst all the rubble to find the fish tank :)

I also couldnt sleep last night because I kept running the level in my head again to work out what it was that I was missing :confused:

Yuna´s Wish
15-04-06, 18:40
When you get dirty and jump to your pool with your clothes on in order to clean yourself:D

Airave
15-04-06, 18:46
I've been like that for years!

If I carried pistols,
there would be so many dead!
Just for coming around a corner....

Example: Was out for a walk with Lara
(my daughter) today at a sand works
and start scanning the area for places
to break into, guards, etc...

Always like that!:D

EsH
15-04-06, 20:24
- You start waking up on other people roof tops, and can't remember how you got there.

- Whenever you flush the toilet, you hear Tomb Raider music, and you skick your hand in there to see if there's a secret passage.

- You find yourself having conversations like:
YOU: "Really, it's just like going up a flight of stairs, only far less boring."
OTHER: "But...you are just going up a flight of stairs."
YOU: "Well, if it's making you dizzy, just look away from the screen..."
OTHER: "Uhm, I just need to get upstairs..."

- People start checking your purse/backback after leaving their house for stolen trophies, statues, small vases, and (embarrassingly for the guys) large bras.

- You explain the above by saying that you're just "stream-lining their inventory".

- You insist that everyone talk to you via your camera headset, even if they're right next to you.

- More over, you insist that you're entire family stay at home to be your support team via said camera headset when you go to the grocers. You insist that they research every grocery item you look at, including true calorie content, black-market worth, and any tiny possibility that, say, a Cruncie Bar, may be a piece of excaliber in disguise.

- Much to the delight or horror of people around you, you start wearing really tight, short shorts.

- All the gutters in your neighborhood suddenly just keep "falling off".

- People keep complaining that your chest "looks fake".

Dazzy
15-04-06, 20:25
This is the official thread for TRL obsession =)

When you see a shiny object you want to throw a grappling hook at it

You want to leap, grab and shimmy your way up the stairs instead of walking

When you get into trouble you go to talk to Zip or Alister or your headset, then realise you're not wearing one

Add more... hehe

I my head, I keep hearing some Tomb Raider music, like right now!

badboy70
15-04-06, 20:30
when a friend comes you go out and start "raiding" the neighbourhood.and when you have some BB's you go walking around like lara with her gun's :D

that's what i always do :)

jackali
15-04-06, 20:31
these are great
we should compile a proper list and try to get it posted all over the internet

EsH
15-04-06, 20:47
- You wear the SAME CLOTHES to school/work everyday for years, insisting you can't get another outfit until you find the "Gold Secret" in Boliva.

- They send you to Bolivia, just to clear the air.

- All your mail gets misrouted, because you accidently keep putting "Croft Manor, Wimbledon" in your return address.

- Every time you trip, stumble, or lose your balance, you flail your arms about and scream for five full seconds, before collapsing to the ground in a very wierd, uncomfortable possition.

- Your parents call an exorcist to resolve the previous behavior. At the climactic moment of the exocism, your head swivels around 180 degrees, and you say in a base, gravelly voice "You will ALL worship the Divine Ponytail!"

- You keep refering to band-aids as "Medipaks".

EsH
15-04-06, 20:54
- You claim fantically that if you rearrange the letters in your name, they'll spell "Lara Croft". When noone in your family can do it, you clamp your teary eyes shut, mash you hands over your ears, and start singning the Tomb Raider theme really, really loudly. After only half a minute of "DAAAHHH..! DAAHH DAHH DAAAAAAHH...! DAAAHHHH...", someone breaks and says "Oh, I SEE it now, it DOES spell Laura Craft! Just calm down, and I'll call Dr. Roberts...again."

jackali
15-04-06, 20:58
all of this happens to me
does that mean i'm obsessed?
lol

illuminati30
15-04-06, 21:11
You spend far too much time in TRF TRL room <i mean me :D >

jackali
15-04-06, 21:12
You spend far too much time in TRF TRL room <i mean me :D >

i spend too much time here as well
i should do something different once in a while

sam_raider_05
15-04-06, 21:26
I've been like that for years!

Example: Was out for a walk with Lara
(my daughter) today at a sand works
and start scanning the area for places
to break into, guards, etc...

Perhaps calling your own daughter Lara? lol no offence.

ANoDE
15-04-06, 21:34
When you start rearranging your living room into a gym by using all availible drape-poles, pillows and sofas you can find ;)

robertcroft
15-04-06, 21:44
That's not too bad, when I was addicted to San Andreas I went to Brixton, nicked a pigs motarbike, rode to town where i baseballed batted a ho before robbing the crown jewels.