PDA

View Full Version : Films That Scared You When You Were Little.

TombRaiderLover
15-04-06, 18:44
Name any films that petrified you when you were younger.

Once I was watching a programme on TV, and the face of THE EXORCIST appeared. I almost screamed and hid under the duvet for several minutes. I was scared to come back out. Now, I just find that film funny.

MizzCroft007
15-04-06, 18:49
Killer Clowns From Outerspace. I had nightmares. xO

rachkitten
15-04-06, 18:50
A real oldie, The Omen.
I didnt get a full nights sleep for weeks after seeing that :yik:

Rivendell
15-04-06, 18:50
The Blob, Critters, The Lord of the Rings cartoon.

I still hate the blob, it's just freaky!

TombRaiderLover
15-04-06, 18:51
A real oldie, The Omen.
I didnt get a full nights sleep for weeks after seeing that :yik:

Love that film.
"Look, Damien! It's all for you!"

Reggie
15-04-06, 18:51
I hated "Arachnophobia" o.O

TombRaiderLover
15-04-06, 18:52
I hated "Arachnophobia" o.O

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Raydai
15-04-06, 18:53
Stephen King's IT. Everybody hated clowns after watching this movie :p

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6946/pennylamp25wp.jpg

illuminati30
15-04-06, 19:00
I was so scared of Jaws!

Celephais
15-04-06, 19:01
It's much easier to be frightened by a film when you're a child I think. No films could frightne me today but anyway when I was younger the only things on TV I can remember being frightned by was the series Night Gallery presentd by Rod Serling , and the films The Exorcist and The Omen. By the time Alien appeared I was a cynical 9 year old ;)

Lara Lover
Beauty and The Beast :vlol:

GodOfLight
i know what you did last summer :(

LegenDarY
15-04-06, 19:02
The 'A nightmare on Elmstreet' series.. with Freddy Krueger

http://www.geocities.com/movievillains/MVFreddyhd.jpg

Geck-o-Lizard
15-04-06, 19:10
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. Maleficient was scary! :eek:

Zip
15-04-06, 19:11
Exorsist if i can spell it right,its just so oddd

scion05
15-04-06, 19:12
Exorsist if i can spell it right,its just so oddd

Exorcist ;)

The Witches :hea:

jamieoliver22
15-04-06, 19:20
One of the halloween films when I was about 9-10.. lol. I had nightmares for ages after it! lol
I still find it odd now, his face is just so creepy:

http://gfx.dagbladet.no/magasinet/2003/10/27/film_halloween_filmweb.jpghttp://www.poster.net/halloween/halloween-photo-halloween-6201805.jpg

Elysia
15-04-06, 19:21
'The Sword and the Sorcerer' ('it's a bit like Labyrinth' my arse... thanks, Mum, I had nightmares for *weeks* after seeing that woman get her heart ripped out by telekinesis!)

The Thing - especially that bit when that blokes chest turns into a huge maw and bites the other guys arms off! (However, this is now one of my favouritest movies ever in the world ever ever).

And, err, Gremlins. I wasn't very good with horror as a kid!

jarhead
15-04-06, 19:23
what lies beneath and the others were pretty tense when i was yound but now there funny. never saw much horror when i was younger

ChocChipCookie
15-04-06, 19:42
I can't remember what it was called but it had giant bunnies on the rampage killing everyone. Sounds laughable I know but I was very young :p :tea:

The old Hammer House of Horrors episodes used to scare me as well :D

Elysia
15-04-06, 19:46
I can't remember what it was called but it had giant bunnies on the rampage killing everyone. Sounds laughable I know but I was very young :p :tea:
Night of the Lepus! ;) I remember that one.

scion05
15-04-06, 19:54
One of the halloween films when I was about 9-10.. lol. I had nightmares for ages after it! lol
I still find it odd now, his face is just so creepy:

http://gfx.dagbladet.no/magasinet/2003/10/27/film_halloween_filmweb.jpghttp://www.poster.net/halloween/halloween-photo-halloween-6201805.jpg

o michaels MINTS XD

i got all halloweens 1-8 :P

XD

describe the one u watched ill tell u witch one :p

and btw its a mask lol

ChocChipCookie
15-04-06, 19:55
Night of the Lepus! ;) I remember that one.

Yes that's the one! I'd quite like to see it again just for a laugh :vlol:

Elysia
15-04-06, 19:59
Believe me, it's very silly. I doubt it would scare you now...most of the special effects constituted bunnies with tomato sauce on their chops! ;)

MizzCroft007
15-04-06, 20:00
There is also another one like it, except with giant rats. haha. Yeah they're silly but back then.... :P

Osojojo
15-04-06, 20:02
Actually films never scared me when I was little. I was immune to horror movies.

Now that I am older the opposite is true. I'm more of a scaredy cat every minute I grow older ;)
Well, actually I think it's because when I was little I was stupid and had no idea what the heck was going on in the movies, and if you can't understand, how can you be scared? Haha =):tea:

JamesFKirk
15-04-06, 20:03
Raider of the Lost Ark. Not the whole movie, just the parts where dead bodies were having a role.

ChocChipCookie
15-04-06, 20:12
Believe me, it's very silly. I doubt it would scare you now...most of the special effects constituted bunnies with tomato sauce on their chops! ;)

Yeah but that's why it would be hilarious to watch again :) If only for those 'special effects' :eek:

YvesSL
15-04-06, 20:23
Tom and Jerry!

I hated that devil dog. Still creeps me out!

xMiSsCrOfTx
15-04-06, 20:26
The Shining. The one with Jack Nicholson or whatever his name is.

scion05
15-04-06, 20:47

scared me first time.... now i think its cool XD

xMiSsCrOfTx
15-04-06, 20:50
scared me first time.... now i think its cool XD

Ahh! It's freaky, those bloody twins in the closet! Eww! :(

Real Life Lara
15-04-06, 21:13
The Wizard of Oz... I used to hide under the table when the Wicked Witch first appeared o_O

scion05
15-04-06, 21:43
Ahh! It's freaky, those bloody twins in the closet! Eww! :(

Come play with us Danny :D

Raydai
15-04-06, 21:46

Here's Johnny!! :D

Rrredrrum! :p

scion05
15-04-06, 21:51
Here's Johnny!! :D

Rrredrrum! :p

" wendy ... im not gonna hurt ya, im just gonna bash ur brains in! "

xMiSsCrOfTx
15-04-06, 21:55
Eek! :yik:

scion05
15-04-06, 22:02
Eek! :yik:

bad news! hes in ur house!

Night Crawler
15-04-06, 22:09
The Child Catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang used to terrify me.

Lollipops!
http://www.thebrownhaze.com/child-catcher04.jpg

Geck-o-Lizard
15-04-06, 22:30
Yeah but that's why it would be hilarious to watch again :) If only for those 'special effects' :eek:

You ever read/seen Macbeth? The scene where Macduff's castle is being ransacked and its inhabitants slaughtered. We were shown it in English when doing the play. The effects were terrible - tomato sauce splattered everywhere, and naked actresses lying around (it was the Playboy version) - and I couldn't help laughing. The teacher later pointed out that everyone except one girl who would remain un-named had been watching the scene in horror. Bad time for "special" effects to tickle my sides. :vlol:

scion05
15-04-06, 22:35
You ever read/seen Macbeth? The scene where Macduff's castle is being ransacked and its inhabitants slaughtered. We were shown it in English when doing the play. The effects were terrible - tomato sauce splattered everywhere, and naked actresses lying around (it was the Playboy version) - and I couldn't help laughing. The teacher later pointed out that everyone except one girl who would remain un-named had been watching the scene in horror. Bad time for "special" effects to tickle my sides. :vlol:

Sounds Interesting :p

Celephais
15-04-06, 22:39
I have to say that The Shining was well directed and quite chiling in parts but the lines

"Mr Grady you *were* the caretaker here. You chopped your wife and daughters into little bits then you blew you brains out"
"That's odd sir I have no recollection of that at all"

always seemed to me like something Monty Python might reject as too silly.

Macbeth- is that the 1971 Roman Polanski directed version you mean?
http://www.notcoming.com/images/reviews/tragedymacbeth.jpg

jarhead
15-04-06, 22:39
oh i done macbeth last year and our head teacher walked in as the child was being washed by his mother in a wooden bath thing and my teacher ran out the room and we gave her sturn looks. perfect timing

Geck-o-Lizard
15-04-06, 22:57
Celephais: That's the one. You seen it? The teacher deliberately showed us the Witches' Coven scene... The entire top English section is scarred for life now.

Celephais
15-04-06, 23:01
Wow, they still show that film to classes? Yeah our class saw it when I was studying English in 1985. I actually thought it was well done, but the awkward Shakesperian way of speaking never seemed totally natural to me when converted to the screen. But I suppose if they'd talked in a more modern way then it wouldn't be Shakespeare. Is that a Catch 22? :whi:

Geck-o-Lizard
15-04-06, 23:05
Fairly recently there was a short series of modernised versions of some of Shakespeare's plays on the TV - I saw Macbeth and Taming the Shrew (which was hilarious), skipped Romeo and Juliette and the other two that were on. Brilliant adaptations I thought, all updated into modern times with modern language and characters. So no, no Catch 22. :D

Rivendell
16-04-06, 11:29
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. Maleficient was scary! :eek:

Maleficent was from Sleeping Beauty, and hell, she freaked me out too :eek: