PDA

View Full Version : Sega Saturn Tomb Raider

illuminati30
15-04-06, 18:53
I seen TR1 in the shops for 2.99 for the Sega Saturn LOL

Does anyone know if the other games were made on this platform also? I have a feeling not, as i dont remember seeing them when the games was out.

Also TR4 or 5 was on the Dreamcast, was it not?

jamieoliver22
15-04-06, 19:07
I would love to have the original TR1 on the Sega Mega Drive (or Sega CD)! :D
It probaly wouldnt work on it, but it would be ace seening as I have the console.

Dr Robotnik
15-04-06, 19:10
Only Tomb Raider 1 appeared on the Sega Saturn. If I recall correctly, at the time Core/Eidos and Sony signed an exclusivity deal which meant that TR2 and TR3 would only appear on the Playstation.

Tomb Raiders 4 & 5 did appear on the Dreamcast, though. :)

tlr online
15-04-06, 19:12
I would love to have the original TR1 on the Sega Mega Drive (or Sega CD)!

Yeah me too. I reckon that's a huge collectors item now.

Titanium
15-04-06, 22:44
TR1 was on the sega megadrive? :eek:

What did it look like?

illuminati30
15-04-06, 22:47
TR1 was on the sega megadrive? :eek:

What did it look like?

nope!

Titanium
15-04-06, 22:50
Jamie said it was on the megadrive, didnt seem to make sense however :confused:

illuminati30
15-04-06, 22:54
Jamie said it was on the megadrive, didnt seem to make sense however :confused:

Sega CD, which is an add on. Does it play Saturn games :confused:

Capt. Murphy
16-04-06, 13:01
Sega CD, which is an add on. Does it play Saturn games :confused:Yes. :)
But only the AUDIO tracks from the game/s. :ton:

Saturn was the UPGRADE from Sega Genesis/Mega Drive (and it's numerous add-ons). It was a whole new system.

TR1 was actually originally developed for the Sega Saturn. But when they seen the PS could do TR better... they stuck with it. :o

I bought Chronicles for DreamCast. But returned it since there was no way to customize the controls. :mad: It was pretty sad to have to return it just for the PS version.:(

edit: And just so it's clear... There are NO Tomb Raider games on the Mega Drive/Genesis.

lee32uk
16-04-06, 13:08
I remember playing TR1 on my Saturn....aaah those were the days :D in fact i still have my Saturn gathering dust somewhere...dont have tr1 though anymore :( also still got a Dreamcast too

Grenade
17-04-06, 21:34
I don't have TR1 on Saturn but I do have TR4 and 5 and Dreamcast. However TR4 had exclusives, which I liked.:D

Jacob x5
17-04-06, 22:07
Sorry this is a bit off-topic, but for some really weird reason I've always had this strange image in my head that a dreamcast is this massive thing, like an arcade. I know that can't be true. :D

illuminati30
17-04-06, 22:10
Sorry this is a bit off-topic, but for some really weird reason I've always had this strange imagine in my head that a dreamcast is this massive thing, like an arcade. I know that can't be true. :D

I always thought it sounded so nice! Like playing it would be a dream come true!

lee32uk
17-04-06, 22:10
http://www.revolution.lv/i/art/2808-vg_sega_dreamcast.jpg

:D

stereopathic
17-04-06, 23:16
sega was so rad. i miss my saturn and my dreamcast. they're in storage somewhere lightly coated in dust most likely..

Agent Dee
18-04-06, 04:29
I got a Dreamcast on launch day on 9-9-99 (sep 9th, 1999 :ton: ). It truely was ahead of its time, to me it was the only TRUE competetor to the PS2. If only SEGA had the $$$ behind it as much as Sony, Nintendo, and Micro$oft did, we would be playing Dreamcast 2 or DC 2.0, or whatever they would call it. I personally think it was the low sales of the saturn that led to people staying away from the DC. It was a GREAT system, I would LOVE to pick one up again :jmp: .

Capt. Murphy
18-04-06, 10:52
Jacobx5: The DreamCast isn't that big (as you can see in the pic in the other post). But there are arcade games that have (essentially) the same hardware that is inside a DreamCast. These are Naomi games. You might notice the same red swirl symbol that is found in the DC somewhere on them and the name 'Naomi'.

Here's a link with a bit more info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_NAOMI

There were even arcade games that were based on the same hardware found in a SEGA Saturn. Here's a bit more info on that.

http://www.vidgame.net/arcade/stv.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Titan_Video

:)

mekairinek
18-04-06, 13:01
Ahhh, the Dreamcast. I sold my copy of Chronicles, which I now regret doing. =/

Oh well, at least I still have my DC copy of Soul Reaver~!

illuminati30
18-04-06, 17:20
I got a Dreamcast on launch day on 9-9-99 (sep 9th, 1999 :ton: ). It truely was ahead of its time, to me it was the only TRUE competetor to the PS2. If only SEGA had the $$$ behind it as much as Sony, Nintendo, and Micro$oft did, we would be playing Dreamcast 2 or DC 2.0, or whatever they would call it. I personally think it was the low sales of the saturn that led to people staying away from the DC. It was a GREAT system, I would LOVE to pick one up again :jmp: .

Thats a shame :( I seen one on the shop, but they were still looking for 100 for it second hand!