PDA

View Full Version : Official Tomb Raider 8 Suggestion Thread For Attention Of Crystal Dynamics

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

PARANOIA
11-01-08, 16:09
What about... TRU IN JUNE FOR PC, PS3 AND XBOX360??? :D

How about no. A rushed game is a bad game.

Chiki Mina
11-01-08, 17:50
How about no. A rushed game is a bad game.

AoD, anyone? That game had so much potential, but was rushed. It's best not to repeat the story.

gamemasterjj
12-01-08, 09:41
We need more than just that though (all excellent sugestions), we need these also:

The Tomb Raider theme tune - it appeared in all games apart from legend, actually it appears once in legend, at the end of the final cutsene.

The lovely green/blue outfit - appears in TRs: 1 2 3 4 (i think 5) 7 & Anniversary, but not AOD/6.

I enjoyed the TRLegend grenades - only TR7

And more than one level in each place, like TR2 had several levels in venice not just one - TRs: 1 2 3 4 5 6 & Anniversary.

Thankyou..!:)

Buggo101
12-01-08, 12:02
keep everything that legend had, 7 cutscenes per level, Zip, alister, interactive cutscenes, lots of ppl to kill, dont make it scary, keep autogrip. and so on... BUT i would prefer the braid back and maybe some more weapons, and instead of longer levels, rather just make MORE levels otherwise the scenery gets boring.....

Cristina
12-01-08, 13:04
Make the ponytail to be optional! it will bee cool to chose lara to has the braid or ponnytail in "extra outfits"....:D:)

MiCkiZ88
12-01-08, 13:08
I'm just gonna throw out random stuff

-Crumbling Floors that are almost impossible to identify!
-Monkey Bars
-Boulders running down hills that can crush you like in TR1
-Lara that CATCHES fire
-Spike Pits
-Walls that close in on you with/without spikes
-Better Water Controls
-Longer Breath
-Water Vehicles (Wave Runner/Jet-Ski perhaps?)
-Grapple to climb straight up walls
-Flares (not her light source)
-Enemies that POP out of nowhere/come around corners!
-Adrenalin Dodge FOR FUN ONLY/TURN OFF OPTION
-Boss's that come out of nowhere WITHOUT A MOVIE INTRODUCTION
(Example, The T-Rex in TR1)
-NO INTERACTIVE CUTSCENES!
-Zip/Allister Reduced talking/not in every level.
-Croft Manor ALSO as a level in the game, such as another break in or something to do with the story line somehow?
-Walk Button/Ability to walk to ledge without falling
-No targets on enemies
-Reload weapon necessary on hard mode or something, ex. Ammo runs out, press Triangle to reload.
-And I'm sure I could keep going!I really like this list. Not sure of the manor break in though. It was already done in Legend but not as a level. I would love to see those two monkeys dying in it though. So.. why not? :D

Reload? Maybe. Atleast it would make it harder when fighting.

Agreed on everything else. :tmb:

Nemo_91
12-01-08, 14:03
I just want one thing: BRAID instead of ponytail.

RAID
12-01-08, 14:54
Make the dialogue more mature and natural, like Uncharted's.

Legend's and Anniversary's were way too dramatic, and despite being good (could be much better) it showed that it was a script.

So dialogue - More natural, less dramatic.

Example:
Legend/Acting - "Make sense right this second, or I swear I'll execute you where you stand"
Mature/Natural - "Cut the cryptic crap, or I swear I'll blow your goddamn head off"

Legend/Acting - "From this moment, you every breath, is a gift from me"
Mature/Natural - "As long as you're just lying there, listen carefully. If we meet again, I WILL kill you!!!"

Natla: With the Scion, I now have the means to create anything I desire!
Anniversary/Acting - "What is it you desire Natla?"
Mature/Natural - "Which would be...?"

Anniversary/Acting - *looks at hands, ready to cry* "I'm sorry father" *shoots Scion*
Mature/Natural - "Ah, hell with it..." *shoots Scion*

Also, there's nothing wrong with a little mature language like, son of a *****, goddamn, etc... It's not swearing, it's just commonly used phrases.

Eliminate quotes like "Mother", "Father", "I'm sorry father", "This is madness", etc... More sarcasm in the tone.

No sad expressions either.

[Xmas]
12-01-08, 14:55
keep everything that legend had, 7 cutscenes per level, Zip, alister, interactive cutscenes, lots of ppl to kill, dont make it scary, keep autogrip. and so on... BUT i would prefer the braid back and maybe some more weapons, and instead of longer levels, rather just make MORE levels otherwise the scenery gets boring.....

Agreed ;).

Make the ponytail to be optional! it will bee cool to chose lara to has the braid or ponnytail in "extra outfits"....:D:)

Will be great :D!

Bring back the binoculars, please ! :wve:

Err, agreed :) .

Alex Fly
12-01-08, 14:55
Bring back the binoculars, please ! :wve:

laras_2006
12-01-08, 14:57
I would like for them to make the gameplay to be more like the old TR gameplay, and not like the legend gameplay.

The1andOnlyTR
13-01-08, 01:35
My Suggestions:

-No More Blackouts!!!

-More animation when Lara is not moving

-Reference to previous Games

-Make saftey grab optional and make the player have to react quicker to catch the edge in time

TRBeth
13-01-08, 12:54
I have this feeling that someone (Eidos) other than the producers (CD currently and Core in the past) of Tomb Raider has a very large hand in making edits/revisions to Tomb Raider games. Its obviously and well know to be the case with AOD (resulting in a disastrous game) and I believe you can pretty much see more of the same with Legend and Anniversary.

I'm guessing of course about Legend and TRA, but if so, I think this outside input really deteriorates the game into shorter levels that don't really amount to much and a watered down game that leaves fans feeling deprived.

In light of the financial issues that we have seen in recent years, perhaps we can put this together and see why Tomb Raiders just aren't what they used to be. When getting the commodity out takes precedents over creating the best possible game you end up with a lower quality product that many just are not satisfied with.

My suggestion would be then, just once to see what happens, let the producers rip with the game they want to create, no holding back. It may just be that allowing the artists to do their thing may result in an immensely satisfying game for fans that, hey, just may turn out to be the cash flow cow that Eidos/SCI wants and seems to desperately need.

black_sheepa
13-01-08, 13:08

You are definetly wrong here, TR is no
game that is focused on fighting and action, but more on puzzles and myths.;)

MiCkiZ88
13-01-08, 13:13

Legend's and Anniversary's were way too dramatic, and despite being good (could be much better) it showed that it was a script.

Example:
Legend/Acting - "Make sense right this second, or I swear I'll execute you where you stand"
Mature/Natural - "Cut the cryptic crap, or I swear I'll blow your goddamn head off"

Mature/Natural - "As long as you're just lying there, listen carefully. If we meet again, I WILL kill you!!!"

Anniversary/Acting - *looks at hands, ready to cry* "I'm sorry father" *shoots Scion*

Also, there's nothing wrong with a little mature language like, son of a *****, goddamn, etc... It's not swearing, it's just commonly used phrases.

Eliminate quotes like "Mother", "Father", "I'm sorry father", "This is madness", etc... More sarcasm in the tone.

No sad expressions either.:hug: A more mature aproach would be lovely. :tmb:

Haven't made any suggestions in a while:

- Keep the manual grab and implement it better (similiar to the classics). Press the interction key to climb up or pick something.

- Include death animations (ending up in ragdoll physics)

- DITCH the blackouts and automatic load of the last checkpoint. I want to watch the deaths and just laugh. I hate when the game automatically does anything for me. >.<

- Blood (just spurts of it), scratches.. just those tiny details that the game feel more realistic

And just be brave and try something that hasn't been done in TR before.

keviouk
13-01-08, 13:33
I've got lot of suggestions so it's gonna be a little long:D :

- First of all, the most important : puzzles that needs to pick up pieces in the WHOLE level, needs lot of walking (or sprinting :p) in the tombs and jungles

- Those pieces have to be well hidden, not like the cog in the middle of the wolves cavern! We're big boys and girls, we can explore ourselves, so don't be afraid to hide it :)

- QTE => Harder, far harder, by pushing 2 buttons at a time, or one quickly a lot of times (like Resident Evil 4 to run, for example), long and filled with intensive action!

- 2 bosses or more. Really epic fightings!

- One level in a city, but please, nothing more...

- No aiming red circles! That's ugly :( or make them optional please!

- No lighty cornices and climbing structures. It has to be natural, and once more we can find 'em ourselves, without lighting helps.

- About the mannor: an outside training course, like TR2

- Some vehicles with a circuit too

- Secret rooms, climbable mannor (to get to balconies and places we don't know yet), secret weapons and funny animations to discover.

- An original Main Menu (ring, or something else, but not only a basic "list")

- Interesting bonus : new weapons, secret levels (test-levels in the 1st trailer of legend?), a harder difficulty mode, and if you need to add new clothes, they could reinforce Lara's abilities (for example : militar clothes => increase Lara's resistance to bullets), etc.

- Long, long dialogues, with a fascinating story full of surprises!

- Saving system of TR2 : we could save when we wanted to, and there were no checkpoints to help us!

- For the cinematics : summary system of TR2 when you load a game..!

That's all... for now :D
I really hope Eidos read it!

RAID & MiCki> Lara is an English aristocrate, she doesn't speak like this. She's always polite and distinguished. And she's not that stupid and "animal"-like. Maybe her ennemies are, but not her!

Nenya awakens
13-01-08, 14:35
> Get rid of Zip and allistair
> Longer Levels, not just one level per world, make it 3 or 4 large levels per world
> Less human enemies more wild animals, monsters,
> Huge epic story with lots of twists and turns
> Ring inventory to make a comeback, the legend one just got on my tits
> classic outfit and legend flashback braid to make a return as an outfit
> interactive manor, with outside training area and possibly some Motors.
> Get rid of interactive cut scenes
> Loose the over emotional lovey lara! i wanna see tomboy lara back
> Possibly some egyption underworld levels, i would love to see egyption tombs on NG consoles.
> I dont want to hear lara gushing all the time about how beautifull everything is, i have a pair of eyes i can see it! your constant yapping is driving me to drink!
:D

RAID
13-01-08, 15:40
RAID & MiCki> Lara is an English aristocrate, she doesn't speak like this. She's always polite and distinguished. And she's not that stupid and "animal"-like. Maybe her ennemies are, but not her!

That's no reason to sound depressed and dramatic all the time. She was an English aristocrat even in the old days, yet she wasn't that polite...in a good way of course.

cardmonster
13-01-08, 16:01

Example:

No sad expressions either.
I'm sorry but they're horrible revisions. "Cut the cryptic crap, or I swear I'll blow your goddamn head off" is mature in the Manhunt 2 sense of the word. The phrase "execute you where you stand" is chilling, whereas the revision is simply another immature throwaway movie remark, which Lara would never say.

Elimination of emotive phrases is suicide as well - what you're left with is The Matrix - cool, collected, unbreakable, 1-dimensional characters who hold no interest whatsoever.

PARANOIA
13-01-08, 16:02
I'm sorry but they're horrible revisions. "Cut the cryptic crap, or I swear I'll blow your goddamn head off" is mature in the Manhunt 2 sense of the word. The phrase "execute you where you stand" is chilling, whereas the revision is simply another immature throwaway movie remark, which Lara would never say.

Elimination of emotive phrases is suicide as well - what you're left with is The Matrix - cool, collected, unbreakable, 1-dimensional characters who hold no interest whatsoever.

Then find a compromise. "Execute" sounds too feeble.

cardmonster
13-01-08, 16:07
Then find a compromise. "Execute" sounds too feeble.
Lol does it though? If you're executed you're dead. Execution is cold, lacking emotional compulsion - merely an pragmatic means to eliminate a problem. This makes the task of killing Amanda almost nonchalant for Lara, and all the more chilling.

RAID
13-01-08, 16:09

And who is Lara these days? We never thought she would burst in tears, yet she's done it anyway...

There's nothing wrong in making the game's dialogue feel like a movie. On the contrary, make it look/sound as natural as possible. Think, if it were to happen for real, would you say "execute" of "kill"? "Execute" sounds like a hot headed joke.

keviouk
13-01-08, 20:09
That's no reason to sound depressed and dramatic all the time. She was an English aristocrat even in the old days, yet she wasn't that polite...in a good way of course.

Yep, I agree with you on the first point, but Lara's always been polite in previous episodes, so it would make a rude change...
I think she's not very depressed but rather has regrets, 'cause her mother disappeared because of her.

kissmelara
14-01-08, 19:55
Okay, this will probably be laughed at and thwarted away, but secretly...I want Lara to fight a Werewolf. Okay, there, I've said it.

Taylour
14-01-08, 22:33
-Make autograb optional, this pleases both sides. :)

-Don't make Lara to dark, the screens I've seen so far look a little too AOD styled for me, there wasn't a good enough reason for Lara to become so dark in TRL and plot holes suck.

-Longer levels, not as many bad guys, more bad animals, more traps/puzzles!

-This is up to interpretation, I really don't like the outfit I've seen on Lara in the screens so far. She's always worn something sort of simple (shorts and a shirt, can't get much more simple). The new outfit I've been seeing is a little too modern scifi looking to me.

Agreed, no offense RAID, but I really couldn't see Lara saying those things, she's well educated and an aristocrat (fancy!). I could hear those things out of Sin City or another cool gritty styled movie, but not from Lara.

Dvine911
14-01-08, 22:46
Adrenaline dodge for PS2 was frustrating - I hope it doesnt come back. The speed kill system God of War used was a lot of fun...different developers, I know, but it was a good system.

Luka_Aveiro
18-01-08, 21:31
I just had a marvelous idea. What about letting the animal corpses like panthers stay where they died and when you pass there again, the panther might give its last breath, like, Lara is running near the "dead" panther, and the panther stretches its paw to hit Lara, and then she had to draw her guns again and be certain the panther is DEAD!

I smoked a joint, but i think it would add quite realism to the scene...

regards babys

PARANOIA
18-01-08, 23:35
Yep, I agree with you on the first point, but Lara's always been polite in previous episodes, so it would make a rude change...
I think she's not very depressed but rather has regrets, 'cause her mother disappeared because of her.

I'm fine with something like this: "I'm terribly, truly sorry, but I am afraid I will have to kill you now... in cold blood, naturally."

Rachel Croft
19-01-08, 02:11
my PS2 won't seem to load the style unit extra. can anyone give me any suggestions to fix this problem?

Rachel Croft
19-01-08, 02:16
My PS2 won't seem 2 load the style unit extra. if anyone can give me suggestions on fixing this problem, i would appreciate it!

Smackathon
19-01-08, 03:43
not a clue,sorry

just*raidin*tomb
19-01-08, 03:57
my PS2 won't seem to load the style unit extra. can anyone give me any suggestions to fix this problem?

My PS2 won't seem 2 load the style unit extra. if anyone can give me suggestions on fixing this problem, i would appreciate it!

not a clue,sorry

^A little off subject there aint we?:confused: GOODNESS,:vlol: this has nothing to do 'Tomb Raider 8 Suggestions'
--------------------------------------
Anyway Crystal, here's my list...

1.)No obvious, discolored, glowing ledges. (unless its only obvious on 'easy' mode)
2.)Huge environments please!:D...and i mean HUGE
3.)No ugly, fake glowing eyes. (like TRA)
4.)Please limit Zip and Alister to just cutscenes! I want to feel ISOLATED and ALONE! Cannot stress this enough!;)

...that's it at the moment. Everything else I've seen so far looks amazing! Keep it up:tmb:

toby_13
19-01-08, 10:52
1.)No obvious, discolored, glowing ledges. (unless its only obvious on 'easy' mode)
4.)Please limit Zip and Alister to just cutscenes! I want to feel ISOLATED and ALONE!

This would be such an improvement(ledges) about the isolation thing i think we should really feel alone, in silence...that would make the atmosphere meter go right up!:D

NightWish
19-01-08, 10:53
I second that^ when I see a bindly obvious ledge I feel as if the developers ae telling me in tha face that i am stupid!

Priskillahhh.
19-01-08, 13:41
Ha.
totally agree.
but sometimes its good when you know where to go and are making progress, rather than get extremely frustrated and stuck in a level where you dont know what to do next.
my problem is, though, its usually the obveous that i stupidly miss.

i just completed Lenged and i must say i was impressed.
great fun and i am sad i have to wait almost a year for Underworld.

ajrich17901
19-01-08, 14:16
Ha.
totally agree.
but sometimes its good when you know where to go and are making progress, rather than get extremely frustrated and stuck in a level where you dont know what to do next.
my problem is, though, its usually the obveous that i stupidly miss.

i just completed Lenged and i must say i was impressed.
great fun and i am sad i have to wait almost a year for Underworld.

No its not good ur basicly payin $60 for a game that plays itself GET RID OF THEM CD!!:mad:

lara_fanatic
20-01-08, 00:25
Will there be manual grab? Cuz if there is it needs to be COMPLETELY manual...meaning if i jump and press the grab button then Lara is gonna reach out and grab regardless if theres nothing to grab(like in the classics) In Anniversary Lara would only reach out and grab only if there was something to grab and only if she was going to make it. And I found that manual grab in Anniversary was a buggy at times.

One more thing: I think it should be like AOD where once she grabs the ledge then you can let go of the grab button.

What do you all think?

rewak
20-01-08, 03:14
Probably been said before, but get rid of the IC's and let us actually play the game, not play Simon Says!

KIKO
20-01-08, 11:25
Should we e-mail to Eidos what we most missed and all our ideas. What we most liked about Lara. etc. ?

Smackathon
20-01-08, 13:46
I wonder what nude raider would look like now...heh jk...just thinking out load ppl.

Chris.Talg0
22-01-08, 03:52
And I found that manual grab in Anniversary was a buggy at times.

it was the crappiest grab system ever. everytime u jumped to a ledge that she could "grab" and u didnt press the grab button, she would "stick" to it kind of and fall. like she was expecting u to press grab.

lara_fanatic
23-01-08, 20:46
it was the crappiest grab system ever. everytime u jumped to a ledge that she could "grab" and u didnt press the grab button, she would "stick" to it kind of and fall. like she was expecting u to press grab.

Yea, I remember that. Also I found that if you tried to vault to a higher ledge but there was something in the way, Lara wouldn't fall back down and regrab...she'd end up pausing at the ledge and then falling.

Evan C.
23-01-08, 21:17
Fight Close Up like in Uncharted would be amazing :)

OhMr
24-01-08, 20:08
I want the model to look more like this...

http://i25.************/312hg6w.jpg

thevman
24-01-08, 20:09
Nothing wrong with her being able to hack off people's arms... :mis:

OhMr
24-01-08, 20:34
better and more natural enviorment design...?! Lighting and textures are so key to enviorment design. STEP UP CD!

http://www.oars.com/images/peru/main_peru.jpg
http://www.ridingthespine.com/gallery/mexico/fullsize/76490025.JPG
http://www.xenophilia.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/copan.jpg
http://www.ridingthespine.com/gallery/offbike/fullsize/IMG_0706.jpg

Quasimodo
25-01-08, 18:39
Burn and bury interactive cutscenes. Forever.

MiCkiZ88
25-01-08, 19:11
Burn and bury interactive cutscenes. Forever.Much agreed. :tmb:

I felt like creating a thread for this.. but meh, I cba to write too much. Who would love to see some colossal boss fights? Remember the first TR movie and that huge statue in Cambodia? I would love to have some long and impressive boss fights with HUGE undead creatures/statues/ w/e.

MadCroy101
25-01-08, 23:46
Any music suggestions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J48p_aIwK-0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7D9YG0rdPI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlKzBrQ2m4w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u6JC4NCb9Q

Jessica_TRA
26-01-08, 15:12
Btw, I also was thinking (in addition to my post in this thread earlier) that it'd be cool if you could drag bodies out of sight, because if the human enemies would see them, they would start to search you or something ;)

OhMr; I agree with your post, Crystal should definately stop making enviroments to blue, dark and depressing. Pitch-black dark is cool, dusk-dark is cool, but these colourings in the Mayan temple makes me think there is so cold. Little warmth to the textures plz!

Rexie
26-01-08, 15:40
okay..here are few suggestions/things:

-we do not want interactive cutscenes in every cutscene
-make the headset optional
-bring old winston back
-bring back the freezer in croft manor
-make winston freezable
-when he freezes to ice,made it that lara can drag him to the fireplace and that hes alive again
-Make winston shootable
-Make Z&A target practice
-bring back burning lara that she can catch on fire in croft manor
-no more Kurtwit*dodges stuff from his fangirls/fanboys*
-teenage Lara levels(tr4-the angor wat)
-lemme think mof more

tampi
26-01-08, 19:46
-make winston freezable
-when he freezes to ice,made it that lara can drag him to the fireplace and that hes alive again

LOL this is fantastic Rexie :vlol:

Rexie
26-01-08, 19:48
LOL this is fantastic Rexie :vlol:

I know

coolezpunk
26-01-08, 21:56
- Bring the Braid back!! Remember that braid she wears in the earlier Legend pics/vids? Well, she looks more awesome in that! Otherwise, make it optional!
- Make the headset optional. Zip and Alister are annoying to some TR fans, but others like them, so make the headset feature optional.
- No limits for health packs, grenades, etc. Self explanatory.
- Make the levels longer and harder. Like in Anniversary!

Please and thankyou, CD! :wve:

Josh Raider
27-01-08, 23:13
No checkpoints. Let us save where we want again. This will also eliminate the whole "die and regenerate health" problem too. Man that really annoyed me :mad:

RAID
28-01-08, 14:40
No checkpoints. Let us save where we want again. This will also eliminate the whole "die and regenerate health" problem too. Man that really annoyed me :mad:
Not unless the game doesn't save your health meter, but yes, I agree, but not 100%.

I would prefer a system like Oddworld Abe's Exodus (Ancient game, I know, but still good). This game had an interesting save system. There was the "Save" option, the "Quicksave" option, and "Auto-Checkpoints" (in case you forget to Quicksave). I'm sure plenty of other games had this, but this one is the only one that I remember.

With "Quicksave", you were pretty much creating you own checkpoint. This spares you the "Saving game to memory card! Please do not remove memory card, controller, or turn off the console" moments. It's much better for freedom in gameplay.

Then there's the "Save" option. No need to explain how this one works, but you'll be creating both a checkpoint and saving at the same time, in case you reload, you'll reload from that "checkpoint".

The questions are:
Will it be like this in replay?
Will it save the health meter/status?Hoping for a "Yes" for both questions.

Josh Raider
28-01-08, 14:54
Not unless the game doesn't save your health meter, but yes, I agree, but not 100%.

I would prefer a system like Oddworld Abe's Exodus (Ancient game, I know, but still good). This game had an interesting save system. There was the "Save" option, the "Quicksave" option, and "Auto-Checkpoints" (in case you forget to Quicksave). I'm sure plenty of other games had this, but this one is the only one that I remember.

With "Quicksave", you were pretty much creating you own checkpoint. This spares you the "Saving game to memory card! Please do not remove memory card, controller, or turn off the console" moments. It's much better for freedom in gameplay.

Then there's the "Save" option. No need to explain how this one works, but you'll be creating both a checkpoint and saving at the same time, in case you reload, you'll reload from that "checkpoint".

The questions are:
Will it be like this in replay?
Will it save the health meter/status?Hoping for a "Yes" for both questions.
Of course it will have to save your health meter/status. Otherwise it would just be like the checkpoint system now, except you would make your own checkpoints. Actually this was probably my biggest complaint about Legend and Anniversary.
Please, please, please CD get rid of the current checkpoint system and give us the old save anywhere system back. It may not have worked for the last gen systems but implementing a save anywhere function into PS3 and 360 (PC is a given :)) versions would easily work.

MikeAC
29-01-08, 05:41
Just some suggestions regarding cutscenes:

- Legend had the perfect number of cutscenes. DON'T cut them down! If the ammount of cutscenes outnumber the ammount of gameplay, then you need to EXPAND the gameplay.

- Most of Anniversary's scenes felt too rushed. Instead of trying to tell a story, the game was trying to get the scenes over as fast as possible. Every other game (including Legend) took it's time getting the point across. It needs to slow down again.

- Instead of useless scenes like PDA Check and the T-Rex Introduction, give us more backstory. One of the best things about AOD was how much it went into the Nephilim myth, and that was the unfinished product we got. I would have loved it if Anniversary had more scenes focusing on the origins of the three rulers and Atlantis. I would have enjoyed Legend's plot more if we learned more about Amanda and her motives.

Angelus
29-01-08, 09:10
I'd like Crystal Dynamics to make levels more interactive and exploreable. It really annoyed me in Legend when you would be standing atop a huge ledge, only to realise that there is just one way down. The rest of the backgrounds are just pieces of wallpaper to give you a sense of the area being huge, when it's actually not. I want little offside tunnels which lead to a medipack and some ammo, then you find a little crawlspace which will lead you to a secret and the way forward.

One thing that I didn't like in Anniversary was the mountain top behind Lara at the beginning of Caves with the broken bridge. Crystal Dynamics could have been really creative and have us find a way to access the mountain... it would be a great hiding place for the relic. But no, it was just more pretty wallpaper.

|RaVeN|
29-01-08, 12:04
I know this sounds Naive but just think about this ..

Eg..with the help of the grapple i hope they allow her to shot with proper camera angle in the sense the camera should not be fixed as it was in TRA..it would be so cool wouldn't it?

I got this thought as now in the TRU she can use both her hands that is one for shooting and the other for climbing or holding..

Just imagine her gliding past the wall and shooting stuff..!! with the camera properly following her and rotating angle viewing.. more cooler if it done in (Matrix style) slow motion..!!!!!

I Like those type of Stunts whatsay?? everyone..?

daventry
29-01-08, 15:09
They should make a special documentry like on the history channel with lara telling us about the loacations while showing us pictures and stuff.

petujaymz
29-01-08, 15:27
POST DELETED

navinloveslara
01-02-08, 02:01
Yeah everything there is good - especially the maze and gardens!

Maybe she should get a car...

OOOOOOOH I'd love that!

"Oh Zip...Ally...here I come...[SPLAT!]"

They should make a special documentry like on the history channel with lara telling us about the loacations while showing us pictures and stuff.

OMFG this would really be great! I SO wish this happens!

AODdigger
01-02-08, 17:28
I feel this is the time and place my criticizing CD words to be posted. Crystal, you are doing a great job. I want to congratulate you on your wonderful work so far and to wish you luck, and advise you not to hurry up with the game and make it absolutely perfect. :)

I also wish to suggest some new features that keep haunting my head ever since I saw the realistic darkness of the game. I think you should improve the Manor in many ways. My ideas are mostly in it's urbanity and contact to the outside world and levels. However, I do have some other ideas, concerning it's interior and rooms.

First things first, so I suppose I should start with the smaller things. Improve it's interior. Make it more detailed, interactive and big. Add new and interesting rooms to it, which aren't just for the main puzzle, but for fun and relaxation. Rooms like a bathroom, a kitchen, a living room with a fireplace, something more cosy and Britishly 'splendor' :p. Add realism to the gym, improving it with the new climbing options, make the pool deeper, add more secret tunnels, more interactive objects and better animations, of course with the motion capture.

The exterior should be huge. The front, with gate, gardens, labyrinth and fountain, should contain a great and big system of alleys, fences and many more. There should be a lot of things to unlock in it, like the labyrinth, the gates, other back gates, hidden passages and others.

The gate should be the link from the outside world to the great Croft Manor. Lara should be able to go outside the gates, she isn't a prisoner. She should have the ability to go from the manor to the woods or whatever. She should be able to drive from the manor to the road where she drives a little and then the level is loaded and she has to drive to somewhere... Not from London to Asia :p DUH, but somewhere like a point where she has to have a conversation with someone, who makes her go somewhere to grab a plane to somewhere... Like a Zip, but a guy who just arranges her flights, destinations... Or why not Zip himself... I'm not saying this should be a routine for every level, but just an example of what we could do with the open gates.

I also recommend there being a time shifting option to change time naturally. Weather one too if possible. That's just details, but the interior and exterior have to be bigger, more interactive, more detailed, suitable and most of all - fun.

Happy working, Crystal :wve:

MiCkiZ88
06-02-08, 16:41
I was just playing Anniversary and one thing started bothering me.. Ditch the bloody prescripted jumps when using manual grab! It's really REALLY annoying when she suddenly jumps at something like an magnet. =/

silver_wolf
06-02-08, 20:51
that would be awesome! or maybe a "documentary" of Lara's life and adventures.

Tidus
06-02-08, 21:46
I was just playing Anniversary and one thing started bothering me.. Ditch the bloody prescripted jumps when using manual grab! It's really REALLY annoying when she suddenly jumps at something like an magnet. =/

It was convenient the first time when she magically curved away from a chasm, but I agree...by the time I got to the second level in Peru I was ready to yell...

also, maybe dont take Z/A out completely, but DO cut down their roles tremendously...sometimes the isolation of the tomb can get monotonous, but at the same time Allister's constant whining was bloody annoying. So maybe a happy medium?

Longer levels, but that goes without saying.

voltz
08-02-08, 05:00
I want to see the dodge maneuver from Anniversary back, but this time I'd like to take out the slow-motion effect as it makes this a hand holding element towards making this game easier, we never needed any of that to begin with!

Additionally, I'm looking down on other players pretty harshly for wanting a "save anywhere" feature. There's something about checkpoints that tell you to work like a real gamer as opposed to putting a mark over every step you take. Nothing in doing that says you're any good. If they whine about it, just make it so you can return to the point and save again when they really need to.

Final suggestion is to make the levels both something you can explore freely and return to at any given time. I'm used to this from playing Metroid and Castlevania, so it'll do this game a tun of good when exploration and discovery are the main focus.

Just a few points I wanted to add. Later! :wve:

Laura Cruft
10-02-08, 14:43
I have just one suggestion. Whatever game I have played , and 've done TR1 all the way up to Legend and completed them all, I have got stuck. Sometimes for a short time, but often quite a while. Now THAT I don't mind, BUT if I get stuck and really god damn fed up, and I know I'm near the end of the level ( a boss or something), I want alternatives.

LEVEL SKIP as a cheat whenever. Yes, it means that you're missing part of the game, but surely for those people who aren't fantastic gamers, having to stop playing simply because the game is too difficult defeats the object.
It is supposed to be fun. Damocles pillar jump...I could throw the control through the TV!!!!!!!:hea::hea::hea:

GGM
10-02-08, 20:07
Don't you guys think Lara Croft desirves a great song?

I must confess, I've always played Tomb Raider listening to the 007's soundtrack. Call me crazy, but 007's musics fit amazingly well the Tomb Raider frachise; specially because the singers are mostly women, and they speak for Lady Croft, as a loner and dangerous killer.

Doesn't the following seem like Lara speaking to the villain:

"Darling you won
It's no fun
Martini's girls and guns
It's murder on our love affair"

From "Tomorrow Never Dies".

Or maybe:

"You'll never know how I watched you from the shadows as a child,
You'll never know how it feels to be the one who's left left behind,
You'll never know the days, the nights, the tears, the tears I've cried,
But now my time has come,
And time, time is not on your side."

From "Goldeneye".

(And it sounds even better, when you don't have to read.)

Those songs were not written for Lara, yet there's a great resemblance.

David Arnold wrote the last five 007's main song, and as a Tomb Raider fan, I'm very proud of his work.

Tell me what you guys think.

MelikeLara
10-02-08, 21:17
an unlockable in lara's home where you are able to play or watch a short bit of a past game such as the begining of ghana or the trex battle. just a little idea lol

khFREAK
11-02-08, 07:46
yer.. I agree. I liked the croft manor puzzle/trial in TRA. plz bring that back. and come to see me in Australia FFS

Jack-occle
12-02-08, 19:27
I agree with a post I read Earlier on, Im TERRIFIED of spiders, and since i read the update that had spiders as frequent enemy in underworld i am really worried about buying this tomb raider - I still cant take on the square spider boss in the old tomb raider 3. but I'll just close my eyes and fire (i do with crocodiles on anniversary).

My ideas for Underworld -

+ I think the idea for getting muddy is amazing! but i think Lara should get her clothes damaged or stained for the remainder of the level (for instance if a panther slashes her back - the slash is still there).

+ I Love the idea for freedom of climbing - reminds me of Assassins creed which i thought was fantastic! - i can picture that famous level on ghana on Legend where Lara dives, i think lara should have the choice to either dive or climb down - freedom enhancement and Realism!

+ I Think Lara Should Bleed. if she gets slashed by the same panther, a bit of blood cant go amiss - more realism!

+ Lara's Home - Bring back a revamped Classic Croft Manor - Good Old butler (that apparently Farts) and we can lock the dirty perv in the freezer again!
Lara's house should have a garage with a wide variety of cars and her blue ducati bike - we should be able to drive around croft manor and if possible - a new driving course. - while Im on that thought - bring back a very very challenging outside obsticale course! tomb raider 2's one is in my mind at the moment and i loved that one!

+ I Think we should be able to choose what lara wears when she sets off. she is a woman of sex appeal, so i think she takes pride in her clothes.....

+ I hope lara's signiture - pull up forward flip! i love doing that when i've just climbed up a huge puzzle - has a level of satisfaction.

+ Wide Variety Of Guns - everyone cheated on tomb raider 3 and attempted to shoot a lion with a harpoon! it was fun! - maybe not a rocket launcher but 2 or three types of pistol (e.g her classics - magnums and desert eagles)?

+ bring in a cheat system - i can still recall L2 R2 Triangle, L1, L1, Circle, R2, L2 - the level skip cheat from tomb raider 1. I think we should get useful cheats - none of that - TEXTURELESS MODE! simply - level skip and weapons.

+ I dont know about you - but i NEVER used the RAD mode on tomb raider legend. i thought it was wasted - if Crystal Dynamics or CORE decide to bring it back - make it useful.

There my ideas - what do you think?

Smackathon
12-02-08, 19:43
I want Desert Eagle too loved that gun, didnt get to use it enough.

Jack-occle
13-02-08, 10:10
ok I read someone elses ideas and decided to write some more.
1.laras body figure should be realistic. I know the target market is predominantly males. Lots of females are playing it because its a strong role model and the series has been fun. I think she should be toned And maintain her big assests (wink wink). Don't make her size zero. She isn't meant to be annorexic. Its a bad influence on young teens that idolize her.
2. hope we get the chance to be running through a forest and come across a tall tree which lara can climb And scope around for enemies.... Maybe get friendly with her sniper rifle. 3. I think some of laras enemies would naturally attack her. And some wouldn't I think it gives more natural feelings and we could be cautious "is he going to bite her?"
4. Lara should have her slo-mo kills from legend. The adrenaline dodges where cool but I loved the back flip that made the screen blury when jumping off a man.
5. I think lara should be able to jump and turn it into a dive. Then she can dive into a pool or give us more fun when killing her. And I think she should be able to do a backflip off a ledge to grab a pole. It would make lara look so powerful and independent then she could easily jump to a wall. Jump off the wall and shoot a panther as she dives......

johnc
13-02-08, 15:18
Please make the game for PSP as well! It seems PSP is the only system not in the lineup. And I agree, let's get more animals to fight. Dinosaurs are always fun and maybe some prehistoric mammals like saber-toothed tigers and mammoths would be cool.

ClareT
15-02-08, 19:13
All I ask for is lots of levels (more play time than Legend, but the same quality as Legend), a variety of weapons, a diversity of enemies, and... a good plot with lots of mythology in it, as the games usually manage to do.

Oh, and make sure it's released on PS2, not just PS3, Xbox 360 and PC as most games seem to be doing these days =D

larafan25
15-02-08, 21:16
but if if someone really sucked at the game all her clothes would be ripped off and plus non of the new tomb raider games have blood or guts

pemides
15-02-08, 21:38
an unlockable in lara's home where you are able to play or watch a short bit of a past game such as the begining of ghana or the trex battle. just a little idea lol

She could have a PS3 in her room were we would be able to play some levels of previous titles.

Lara's videos games inside a video game :cln:

Tyrael DeMagis
16-02-08, 05:02
I originally posted this message in another thread on this forum, so I thought it might be worthwhile to replicate it here as well.

Firstly, I am aware that most of the forum folk opine that the underworld will, for the most part, be a place embodied by terms such as 'dark', 'depressing' and 'sombre'. And although I believe that it would be aesthetically pleasing to have quite a few levels modelled according to this expectation, I also think it vital to the gaming experience to balance the more subdued atmospheres with other levels featuring an effulgent portrayal of the underworld. I recall reading the posts of players with a keen interest of seeing Lara one day journeying to the war-torn regions of the Middle East. This reminded me of the Jewish versions of the underworld - Sheol (a gloomy dimension whose ambience parallels that of Grecian Hades) and Gehenna (a realm of flame similar to the Christian imagination of hell). Summarily, while some cultures speak of a neutral underworld, others subscribe to the belief of a more vibrant and dystopic afterlife. It would be marvellous if Tomb Raider: Underworld were to reflect this.

With respect to certain religious or mythological concepts about the underworld, it is a celestial plane where the souls of humankind endure corporeal retribution for the vices they performed in life. Should Tomb Raider: Underworld elect to acknowledge this dynamic, I believe that they will be able to untap a great diversity of Lara's capacities, to engender an absorbingly versatile playing experience.
I pondered the possibility of Lara encountering such tormented spirits during her subterranean adventures. In the vein of Diablo II, these entities could either be wandering 'freely' or suffering grotesque punishment from his/her infernal captors. Also, these characters could either be or benevolent or malevolent alignment - at their best, they could offer Lara clues to solving a specific puzzle or overcoming a foe; at their worst, they alert the denizens of the underworld to her presence. Of course, in the interest of those players who disdain the availability of any 'get-a-clue-here' facilities in the game, it ought to be remembered that they do not need to interact with the entities should they not wish to.
I remember that several players were livid to discover that Tomb Raider: Legend was marked by an unforgivable scarcity of non-human foes. There are those who have also voiced opinions vehemently declaring that Lara's latest adventure should pervade with feelings of 'isolation'. However, it is worthwhile to note that the underworld is, in several cultures, a place of purification for deceased sinners, not a tomb. For Lara to be traipsing through a domain more ancient than the memory of civilisation without encountering a single soul would be baseless. Therefore, it is unreasonable to eject the underworld of its innumerable resident spirits just so Lara could be granted the luxury of space. Why, to the proponents of a realistic gaming experience, it would be a cardinal sin to do just that!

Also, considering the underworld is virtually overpopulated with the most bloodthirsty abominations conceivable, it is entirely possible that Lara will be unable to battle a vast number of them, should the following circumstances emerge:
1) Lara encounters adversaries which attack in unsurmountable swathes, meaning that even if she does succeed in eliminating a handful with her weapons, she would nevertheless be overcome by the rest.
2) The enemies possess staggeringly lethal capabilities which render her weapons useless.
3) The foes are invincible.
Unless Lara comes upon a weapon capable of delivering damage to these creatures far beyond the capacities of her arsenal, it would appear that Lara has to resort to escaping the scene. This would necessitate Lara to rely on stealth to evade the often fatal attentions of the bestial hordes. For those players who miss Lara's utilisation of stealth in the Angel of Darkness chapter would undoubtedly find the revitalisation of this ability to have acquired a thrilling new role which may be pivotal (or even indispensable) to gameplay.

I shall post further viable suggestions should they occur to me.

rickybazire
16-02-08, 11:31
someone should make a collaboration of all the points made, cos some are similar

SOLA
17-02-08, 04:05
I would like to see Lara wear a hat.

She's outdoors a lot and you'd think once in a while she'd put a hat on.

Additionally, I would like a cutscene where Lara applies sunscreen.

Quasimodo
17-02-08, 05:04
Bring blood back to Tomb Raider, please. It feels cheap to shoot blanks at enemies until they eventually fall over and fade away.

Chiki Mina
17-02-08, 05:05
Don't we all?

I want the bone cracking effect as well. Don't like that sound that it makes when Lara falls. Sounds like a stack of books the fell to the floor.

SOLA
17-02-08, 05:28
If they rated the game M and made Nude Raider an unlockable option, they'd sell three times as many copies.

Just sayin'.

The1andOnlyTR
17-02-08, 05:46
If they rated the game M and made Nude Raider an unlockable option, they'd sell three times as many copies.

Just sayin'.

I dont think CD or Eidos would appreciate this comment... I know I don't.... Please don't make perverted comments!

:ton:

Quasimodo
17-02-08, 06:32

Just sayin'.

I think the Dead or Alive series already has the edge on that market :rolleyes:

gtkilla
17-02-08, 07:19
Don't we all?

I want the bone cracking effect as well. Don't like that sound that it makes when Lara falls. Sounds like a stack of books the fell to the floor.

Lol Sounds fine to me, way better than the weirdness from TR3-6. Now those sounded like a stack of books that fell to the floor ('cept AoD). :D

Atropos
17-02-08, 13:32

Just sayin'.

More than likely...unfortunately.

However, I think it would be a seriously bad business move by CD and Eidos, and do the credibility of the TR franchise no end of harm long term.

A swimsuit is as far as we need to go in this direction.

vin90
20-02-08, 16:23
[quote=wgell;840040]1. Dump the headset. It's annoying and too much of an in game spoiler. Other than giving hints it serves no purpose other than to let the player hear Lara's voice.

2. Dump the bosses. End of level bosses belong in the gaming stone age. I can't believe they put 4 in this very short game!! Repeatedly playing the same little section over and over and over till I get it right while having to listen to the same audio and look at the same visuals and press the same buttons is not my idea of fun. Games should be fun. Not a chore. Bosses are a chore. I stopped playing up against bosses years ago. When I come across them in a game these days I use a cheat. I just can't be bothered.

3. Make longer more complex levels.

4. Bring back puzzle items. There is no need to explore in Leg End. Make it so the player HAS to explore to find puzzle items whether they be keys or whatever. Finding pointless pick ups to enable Lara to wear a new outfit is, quite frankly, absurd.

5. Don't signpost interactive items and get rid of the binoculars. We are not stupid. We'll figure it out. Figuring it out was what was fun in the old games.

6. Less human bad guys.

7. More weird animals.

8. Give the player a fright now and again.

9. Try to make the environments more open and less linear.[/QUOT

10. Also include blood to make things realistic rather than in lgend and anniversary all u see is the white stuff that shows when the bullet from a pistol is hitted on an animal

[quote=Trust In Trent;840181]good game but

like u there talkin bout the controls if thois game is released on the xbox 360 n the ps3 then use bottom controls to shoot. They make a realistic trigger especially if shezzz gonna get the two dual pistols

make controls the r2 n the l2 could make a realistic trigger for the dual pistols

id liek a good jungle set to this game with dinosuars all popping out from long trees and huge bushes. COM on!!!!!! bring back all the wild animals and also the blood jus like tr1, 2 , 3 where u used to get a few bits of blood poppin out but relaistic

plzz publish this one on the ps3. i've been w8in for anniversary to release on teh ps3 n i had to get it on the ps2 to play on ma ps3, the graphics aren't that good, i want hd madness of wild animals, blood, the l2 and r2 buttons that would make a good realistic triggers on the dual pistol, as the button are designed to curl in like a real trigger, lets get a slight experience of being a lara using two triggers.

I also want a cod4 style where we are in terrorist areas using a ak47

Mod edit - In future please do not post 6 times within a few minutes , just edit your first post.

loser66
20-02-08, 22:44
9. Try to make the environments more open and less linear.
totally agree with u

aussie500
21-02-08, 01:04
l have a suggestion, when opening doors rather than have the little cutscene play could she just do nothing unless you are standing within reach of the door knob, and once she has gone through l do not want to see Lara, l want to see what she sees. Breaking the play up with a cutscene just to open a door is annoying enough, without having to change the camera view every time you go through a door. And if the binoculars are not part of the equipment in Underworld, a zoom function for the camera in manual aiming mode would be appreciated, so we can take a closer look at the surroundings.

Heckler
21-02-08, 06:30
Well....I would like an outfit like this one i drew.......

http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v200/57/6/554963763/n554963763_681969_8278.jpg

Lara_Costa
21-02-08, 21:29
Yeah! me too!:D

http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v200/57/6/554963763/n554963763_681969_8278.jpg

Wana b like Lara
23-02-08, 10:27
Thats a very cute outfit!:D:D:D Especially the white T-Shirt!:hug:

I think that there should be more outfits like in Legend, they were more interesting than in Annieversary! What do you people think?:confused::confused:

Ooooh! And i would also love if the levels were WWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAYYYYY long!:D

Gianni Bartoli
23-02-08, 12:16
Ooooh! And i would also love if the levels were WWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAYYYYY long!:D

Crystal D has confirmed that the levels take several hours to complete... each!;)

Angel_14
23-02-08, 12:20
Crystal D has confirmed that the levels take several hours to complete... each!;)

Sadly they said the same before Legend and Anniversary... I really hope it'll true this time...

Gianni Bartoli
23-02-08, 13:31
Sadly they said the same before Legend and Anniversary

Um... no they didn't.

Angel_14
23-02-08, 13:39
Um... no they didn't.

Okay, not exactly the same, but we've been told before Legend that it will have multiple paths in levels and hard puzzles... :whi:

Gianni Bartoli
23-02-08, 15:24
Okay, not exactly the same, but we've been told before Legend that it will have multiple paths in levels and hard puzzles... :whi:

We were told that before TRA... and we got it. ;)

Besides, we've actually heard from countless sources that (the Mexico Level at least) lasts several hours. This is from people who have actually played the level; they aren't beating around the bush.:)

HollabackBoy
23-02-08, 16:28

Beautiful work! :tmb: I'm sure there would be lots of pre-teen boys eager to get Lara's t-shirt wet. :D

NightWish
23-02-08, 16:30
so this is fanartt comercial eh? :p
well then I propose including cerberus as a bossbattle :D

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/NightWish6969/cerberus.jpg

Like he is a guardian of the gates oft he underworld and lara has to parr through him to enter

yeahtombraider
23-02-08, 23:50
MUUUUUUUUCCCCCHHHHHHH more acrobatics!!!! Instead of just "jump, grab, pull up"... make there be stuff like, "run, jump, grab pole, swing around, flip w/ twist off, land on one of those vertical pole things, jump at the wall, flip off of that, land on edge." (as an example)

and Vaulting! the games refer to pulling yourself up onto ledges "vaulting", but make ACTUAL vaulting. A.E.: if she's having to run for or from something, let's have her sprint and be able to do a front flip OVER an abstacle or maybe if she needs to get onto a ledge really fast, (if she's hanging) push off of the wall with her feet and FLIP up onto the ledge.

One more thing.... don't make her RETARDED in getting onto things.... in the games now, if there's a groove or ledge that's like, TWO CENTIMETERS above the height she normally jumps, she can't reach it... ??? What the crap is up with that?!?!? O my goodness, come on Lara it's RIGHT there just try a LITTLE harder than usual or for heavens sakes, back up, run towards the wall, and use your feet a little bit on the wall to help your self!!!
In other words, let's just say Lara can jump up & grab a ledge about, what? 15 feet in the air? (as an estimate) DO NOT make her unable to grab some thing 15 feet & TWO inches off the ground!!!! if it's a good four or five feet higher, yeah... but not if she can already jump like, practically right there but just not QUITE.... ya' know?? that's just stoopid....

I hope to see my suggestions in the game!! :D

TR 4 LIFE
24-02-08, 01:05
oh!!!!!she should also do that flipping/rolling while shooting thing!!that's tight!!

hummingbird87
24-02-08, 07:38
Its absolutely important to me that I can re-access or replay every level. I hear the new game is less linear than previous games so being able to replay every level might be asking a bit much, but I atleast want to be able to reascess every area I visit.

Also I liked the art style and design of Legend so I hope the new game is just as impressive in that departement. Im not too impressed with the screenshots of Underworld so far, but hopefully as developement progresses it will get better.

Lara's look is important too. I hope they do something about her current Underwolrd outfit because its just plain black. Black looks good in live action but not so good in 3d videogames.

The whole game looks too realistic at the moment but hoefully it will look more stylised later on.

kryptonite23
24-02-08, 07:39
Should Lara look like an Emo girl?? :confused: :jmp:

Alexandritee
24-02-08, 16:00
- It needs a really dramatic moment, maybe near the end.

- DO NOT design it so a four year old can play it.

- Dont put pick ups in the most obvious places.

- KEEP THE AUTO GRAB.

- A few interactive cutscenes here and there.

- Just one main enemy, not 3 main enemys.

- Lara needs human emotions. If someone she's close to dies, make it like she cares. If an enemy has killed millions of people, she shouldn't have a change of heart when theyre about to die, e.g:
Enemy: Help me!
Lara: -Saves-
She must only do that if she's gonna blow them to peices after.

DA MAIN MAN
24-02-08, 16:10
1. Do not make grapples so darn obvious!:mad:
2. Try and make the foes a little more intelligent, decisive and viscious:p
3. Reduce the amount of "lengthy" talk...more action please!:D
4. Keep auto-grab..BUT only as an option for newcomers or those who do not feel comfortable with manual.;)
5. Make levels more longer and more confusing.
6. Create more Shocking moments! where you dont know whats round the corner (The older TRs seemed to have them..TR AOD onwards seemed to remove this element! or at least ur heart never skipped a beat.)
7. Above all...make it FUN.:):)

Croft_Original
25-02-08, 14:42
Sadly it doesn't look like I'm going to get something I wanted in Underworld; I wanted more human enemies and less other animals. In the older TRs Lara had a lot more human enemies shooting back at her with guns and poison darts ect. I miss that:( Also I think one of the developers mentioned at some point that he found the amount of human enemies Lara kills disturbing, and yes I know it's only a game:), but I don't see why it's less disturbing to kill other animals:confused: Unless of course it's a certification problem if Lara blows away to many people:D

Croft.

DA MAIN MAN
25-02-08, 20:00
Sadly it doesn't look like I'm going to get something I wanted in Underworld; I wanted more human enemies and less other animals. In the older TRs Lara had a lot more human enemies shooting back at her with guns and poison darts ect. I miss that:( Also I think one of the developers mentioned at some point that he found the amount of human enemies Lara kills disturbing, and yes I know it's only a game:), but I don't see why it's less disturbing to kill other animals:confused: Unless of course it's a certification problem if Lara blows away to many people:D

Croft.

Wow...you seem to want the opposite of most people. I personally dont mind human enemies...but as long as they are well scattered and not TOO much:mad:...I would like more ferocious and mystical creatures involved.

Too many humans likely spoils the element of surprise which I liked in the old TR games..u just never knew what "thing" was around the corner;)

Croft_Original
26-02-08, 09:16
I think it's because I'm more of a puzzle person than a shoot 'em up person;), but yes I like the "things" in previous TRs as well. I don't mind a mutant or three:D:jmp:

Croft.

AgentXP
27-02-08, 12:45
I think it's because I'm more of a puzzle person than a shoot 'em up person;), but yes I like the "things" in previous TRs as well. I don't mind a mutant or three:D:jmp:

Croft.

I Agree! :) I much prefer the format of Anniversary, where there were nearly all creatures rather than human bad guys. I don’t like loads of human bad guys – these days they are too realistic, so I dislike having to shoot them. I much prefer loads of perplexing puzzles! :)

‘Waiting is for the patient’ – Lara Croft :

revelations
27-02-08, 14:56
i also agree!
a few more things;
* add better vehicle sections such as driving a Jeep
* make it a little bit scarier
* explain what happened in tr4

Agreed, specially the TR4 Bit, although its pointless to ask for anything, but i hate fighting with animals, i am nto playing Jumanji or Hatari, Please puzzles baddies but more puzzles and intelligent ones. She didnt travel thousands of miles to workout in some dusty tomb, so no more push pull and climb puzzles. Work Hard. You dont have to destroy the whole tomb to just to open a small door.

DomyRaider
27-02-08, 18:27
TR4 has been above all a very beautiful game for the tangled puzzles, the great ambient and the atmosphere that had! Indeed mythical and only!! :jmp:

I hope really that Underworld is inspired to the style of The Last Revelation!:D

Croft_Original
28-02-08, 13:36
[QUOTE=AgentXP;2530233]I Agree! :) I much prefer the format of Anniversary, where there were nearly all creatures rather than human bad guys. I don’t like loads of human bad guys – these days they are too realistic, so I dislike having to shoot them. I much prefer loads of perplexing puzzles! :)

Ah! you misunderstand;) I want more human baddies:D:D:jmp:
I don't like killing the too-realistic animals, but mutants are ok:)

If Lara is fighting a human enemy who is also armed I always feel like Lara and the enemy are on equal terms (except Lara usually wins;)) but somehow teeth and claws against Lara with a shotgun doesn't seem fair:confused:

Croft.

Whoops messed up that quote!

lara_fan#1
28-02-08, 15:12
:mad:I agree with everything in the first post, & what Snap said! No autograb! :D

Keep the autograb!!!!!!! Its ten times harder without and you are going to be thinking about everything else and you dont want to be worrying about grabbing. NO MANUAL GRAB!!!:mad::mad::mad:!!!

TOMB RAIDER IS MY AND ALL TIME FAV AND BEST GAME EVER. I NO U MUGHT FINK DIS IS SAD BUT I AM LYK THE BIGGEST FAN OF TOMB RAIDER. AND THATS A FACT!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):):):p:p::p:p:p:jmp::jmp::j mp::jmp:

Rivendell
28-02-08, 15:33
Well I said that a year and a half ago, and I still stand by what I said. I've used it for 11 years, and it's infinitely better than autograb.

Autograb will no-doubt still feature in every Crystal Dynamics TR game, and that's fine - it's what they like.
It's not what I or countless other fans like though - which is why the addition of manual grab in TR:A (and hopefully TR:U) was a welcome one.

I'd much rather have to grab than Lara grabbing on her own. Having interactiong taken away from me isn't something I like. That's one of my problems with stupid Interactive Cutscenes or 'Quick-time-events'. Not only do they suck, they suck because they're parts that we should have complete control over.

Manual grab gives us that control - we grab when we want Lara to grab. We keep the button held down, and Lara keeps hold of what she's grabbing. We let the button go, and Lara lets go of what she's holding.

Pressing one more button doesn't make the game 10x harder. It's not rocket science.

On a side-note, please use the Edit button, instead of posting multiple times in a row.

petujaymz
28-02-08, 16:48
There's a simple way for Eidos to stop illegal downloads of TRU.

Don't release a PC version; don't even start work on one.

The PS3/360/Wii versions should be all singing and dancing; just like a PC version on optimised settings.

To the best of my knowledge there are no PS3/360/Wii emulators out there...

:wve:

frigabond
28-02-08, 19:37
It's probably been mentioned before ( this is a VERY long thread!:)) but I'd like the 'multiple jump routines'. Like the original 'folly' one for the secret.
Forward, left, back ,forward,right run jump,right grab, pull up......LEG it! You know the ones I mean! They were just sooo frustrating and damned rewarding to complete! I used to literally beam and crack open a can to celebrate! :D

Rexie
29-02-08, 09:29
There's a simple way for Eidos to stop illegal downloads of TRU.

Don't release a PC version; don't even start work on one.

The PS3/360/Wii versions should be all singing and dancing; just like a PC version on optimised settings.

actually, it's been confirmed that they're making a PC version.They just can't trash it because one member doesn't want a PC version

thiagosmr
02-03-08, 19:44
If there is snow... make Lara use a snowmobile!! TR2 Rocks

thiagosmr
02-03-08, 20:14
And no more checkpoints... The old save sistem must be back!! SAVE ANYWERE!!

pashmaki
03-03-08, 11:18
-Make her walk like AoD. She walks too 'youknowwhat' in TRA!
-Different choice of guns.
-Braid like the one she had in AOD.
-Human enemies are good but don't fill the game with them! Don't add too much animals (normal creatures),either. (Natla had only 3 bodyguards which was a little funny xP)
-Headset becomes an option.(No headset is better!)

EDIT:And there's nothing wrong with a PC version. XD

trout11
03-03-08, 12:08
How about Lara flying a helicopter that we can control...Maybe to difficult..huh...Just a thought

Chiki Mina
03-03-08, 15:28
-Make her walk like AoD. She walks too 'youknowwhat' in TRA!
-Different choice of guns.
-Braid like the one she had in AOD.
-Human enemies are good but don't fill the game with them! Don't add too much animals (normal creatures),either. (Natla had only 3 bodyguards which was a little funny xP)
-Headset becomes an option.(No headset is better!)

EDIT:And there's nothing wrong with a PC version. XD

:vlol:

I really want her braids back. Her pony tail is cute and all, but her braids are one of her trademarks. I want the dark sunglasses back as well. The ones she wore in TR:A looked like a kid's sunglasses.

OhMr
07-03-08, 20:58
I honestly wouldnt mind a middle aged looking Lara if done correctly. I wish she was about 5'6 and thin like the original Lara. Lara is not a bobble head. The huge head thing is terrible.

I dont know. Chech out the new trailer for Angelina Jolie's new movie "Wanted"...THAT IS LARA, imo.

http://z.about.com/d/movies/1/0/0/W/Q/wantedpic6.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/trailerpark

Just.tim
09-03-08, 04:32
more slow motion
the option to switch on slow motion or a set move like in legend, the flip off enemy's thing

i loved that, adrenaline dodge is impossible in TRA

also some hotter outfits, like in japan (legend) keeping the heels though for uber pain when kicking enemy's lol

ultimate christmas present this year, im soooo psyched

OhMr
09-03-08, 19:31
I think the outfits need to be kept to a minimum. She is not a doll.

DA MAIN MAN
09-03-08, 20:33
I think the outfits need to be kept to a minimum. She is not a doll.

True that!...although yes do vary them but dont make them as numerous as the amount of stars in the sky

Smackathon
09-03-08, 21:40
I honestly wouldnt mind a middle aged looking Lara if done correctly. I wish she was about 5'6 and thin like the original Lara. Lara is not a bobble head. The huge head thing is terrible.

I dont know. Chech out the new trailer for Angelina Jolie's new movie "Wanted"...THAT IS LARA, imo.

http://z.about.com/d/movies/1/0/0/W/Q/wantedpic6.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/trailerpark

Angelina Jolie is not Lara IMO please dont make lara like her it will ruin my life

Elmer
12-03-08, 05:09
Angelina Jolie is not Lara IMO please dont make lara like her it will ruin my life

Aren't you a little overreacting?
---------------------------------
Edit:

I would like to give a suggestion:)

Tombraider III and IV had the poison effect that caused gradually draining of your healthbar.
I liked it very much, and was disapointed when I found out that this effect was dropped since Chronicles.
Maybe untill now!

See the possibility's:

You (Crystal) could make venomous creatures very suiting for the deep dark underworlds, and vast rainforests.
Even plants can have poisonous thorns; It would make the game a lot more fun:)
Think about it.
Would it be really hard to factor this in? Harder then making water drop along Lara's skin?

LaraCroft7564
18-03-08, 01:26
um.....you could also add the fact that making Lara look really "realistic" is actually making her look really old. And the fact that there was nothing wrong with the all the technology they used on Anniversary. And the fact also is that in Tomb Raider Legend, she was suppose to be what....35? Doesn't matter, Underworld was a short time after Lara got Excalibur and either killed or severely knocked out Amanda. So making Lara look like she is in her late 40's early 50's is so not cool! You should seriously just use the technology that was used on Anniversary and stop trying to make things more realistic...because it makes Lara look awful. I am just saying is all......nothing towards you :) :D;)

Elmer
18-03-08, 04:29
CD, if you take a step back with Lara, and make her a little less "polygon rich" the surroundings can get bigger and more detailed.:)

Rynn_84
18-03-08, 08:32
I don't know if this has been said before (I'm not about to read through all the posts) but TR:A took the first step away from the TR:L auto-grab. It was however not a very large step. In TR:A, holding down the Ctrl key merely enabled auto-grab. It just doesn't fell the same as the previous games (TR1-6). TR:L and TR:A both lacked the feeling of danger as Lara hangs from a ledge. I used to hold my breathe in the previous games when making a jump over some bottomless pit. Had I timed her jump accurately? Would she make it? In later games, I don't feel like that, I know auto-grab will take effect. If anything, Crystal D should work on that. We really don't need and Assassins Creed clone (boring).

F_G
18-03-08, 15:45
100% agree

thiagosmr
18-03-08, 17:08
I don't know if this has been said before (I'm not about to read through all the posts) but TR:A took the first step away from the TR:L auto-grab. It was however not a very large step. In TR:A, holding down the Ctrl key merely enabled auto-grab. It just doesn't fell the same as the previous games (TR1-6). TR:L and TR:A both lacked the feeling of danger as Lara hangs from a ledge. I used to hold my breathe in the previous games when making a jump over some bottomless pit. Had I timed her jump accurately? Would she make it? In later games, I don't feel like that, I know auto-grab will take effect. If anything, Crystal D should work on that. We really don't need and Assassins Creed clone (boring).

Agreed!! There is no point on auto-grab. If we dont have to think an do something we need to play at all. Let´s just see a movie intead. :mad:

thiagosmr
18-03-08, 17:44
Dont get me wrong!! I really enjoyed playing GOD OF WAR with that feature. But that´s just not Tomb Raider. There is no fear when you come by a collapsing ground on a interactive action sequence becouse if you fail... all you have to do is start over. On the other hand, a in game sequence were you come by a collapsing ground is so much better. The feeling of immediate danger, the need for imediate response, and if failed the image of a quick and certain death... all without changing to CG... now that is TOMB RAIDER! That´s what we had in the classic games. This particulary addition was not welcome! :mad:

Just.tim
19-03-08, 02:53
lara mutating....in the underworld

an entity could make her stronger hotter and demonic or even finding an artifact that turns her into something else for a final battle

lol this would never happen but you know..

x2crazyidiot
19-03-08, 08:23
I would like Amanda to have a bigger role
I hated this supossed mastermind evil woman to be on the floor almost in tears with a gun to her head
I want to see her shoot at Lara, kick the gun out of her hands. God, look at what Ada did when Leon had her at gunpoint in Resident Evil 4!
She could be almost Lara's equal, like fighting her doppelganger in TR1

we don't need a second playable character or Lara to get a boyfriend, we just need a nemesis who can survive a game!

thiagosmr
19-03-08, 20:02
If there is anyone form Crystal Dynamics actualy reading this thread PLEASE: take a look at THIS (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=121984) other thread.

Just.tim
21-03-08, 01:42
blood, Gore what ever happened to the blood spattered spikes?

if lara shoots a jaguar at close range why cant blood spray her body or stain her clothes? i think it would add a more realistic affect... or maybe blood/ gore options, being able to turn the bloodyness down in game or up

once again
slow motion!

Anniversary
22-03-08, 01:32
big, huge spaces

lotsa rooms, lotsa switches

lotsa gettin lost

lotsa screaming

lotsa cutscenes

not interactive tho

Ilves
22-03-08, 12:30
Crystal Dynamics: Hire a professional writer. Seriously.

And if ya can't afford it (:rolleyes:) take a long hard look at the cutscenes in TR 1-3 and notice how the different characters, no matter how minor, all come to life through fun, creative dialogue, even if the delivery is sometimes iffy.

OhMr
23-03-08, 16:44
a good writer would be good.

I actually took a good look @ TR Anniversary and the graphics were GREAT. I just wish everything was a bit darker. I would like for things to jump out the shadows and scare the crap out of ya.

Other than that, I wish the Lara model was better and fit the enviorment of the game better. It's like Lara is too light or something. Give Lara better texture and definition. I'd also like to see the hair a bit more realistic. Facial expressions should be a bit more dramatic.

Spelunker
24-03-08, 07:14
- No Vampires or Cyberpunks
- Less Human baddies
- Bring back the T-Rex
- Give us bigger and nastier creatures
- Giant Crocodiles and Anacondas
- Give us a whole tribe's worth of scantily clad and well endowed amazonian women. (Hey, at least they'll be more pleasing to the eyes)
- Crank up the atmosphere of the game
- Crank up the ambient
- Better controls/Camera system
- Bring back the unlocked outfit mode
- More secrets
- More cutscenes (that can easily be skipped)

Jones_lilo
27-03-08, 15:10
blood and FMVs... (and a really hard and big game) thats the only thing that I miss in the new TR games...

ajrich17901
28-03-08, 03:46
If cd is smart they will keep all these things out of Underworld!!

1.Kurtis
2.Natla(Stay in the past)!
3.Adrenaline Dodge
4.Manual Grab
5.100s of Outfits
6.Sappy Storyline
7.Emotional Lara
8.Zip and Alister
9.Anything from TR1
10.Grapple
11.Motorcylce levels ARGH:hea:

MaverickKing
28-03-08, 08:29
My complete list of suggestions for Crystal Dynamics (beware, it could take a while)...

- Keep Croft Manor. Burn it down if you have to - for the story's sake - but at least rebuild it, Batman Begins-style.
- Keep the 'Legend' game engine. It was much better than the grid system, and arguably the best thing about the game.
- Winston. Bring him back. Give him more of an Alfred role rather than an addition in the sidelines. He can replace Alister on the headset.
- Zip. I didn't mind him THAT much. He was better than Alister, so Zip should stay. Headset and all.
- Some more inventive deathtraps.
- Does anybody remember the mirror rooms in Last Revelation? I thought they were brilliant. Underworld should have some of those.
- Easter eggs to previous TR games (like all the artefacts in the Croft Manor vault, a Kurtis Trent memorial, more Natla crates, etc.)
- Longer levels, but not 'stage' like, as in Legend.
- Remove the grapple function.
- Make the puzzles challenging, like the ones in Last Revelation that take around twenty minutes to complete.
- Make it scary. Scary is good - but not F.E.A.R. scary.
- Better vehicle sections. The motorcycle chase in Peru was good... but the Kazakhstan stage took forever, and just wasn't as fun. They seem to have optimized the motorcycle, though. Riding it through a Mexican pyramid to enter Xibalba? Dude, that rocks!
- Underwater levels. Water is just really, really good in Tomb Raider.
- Give us access to areas in the levels that aren't mission relevant.
- Martial arts would be nice, but make them not sluggish, not like Angel of Darkness.
- Great cut-scenes. Don't have ALL of them interactive though.
- Don't have the enemies being stupid, with A.S. (Artificial Stupidity) rather than A.I.
- Less human enemies, more dangerous creatures (monsters in Xibalba would be cool)
- More unlockables (old Tomb Raider outfits - the original one, the Chronicles cat suit, the Legend dress, the Legend outfit, the AoD outfit, the diving suit - , side quests, classic weapons, hell even Excalibur or the Dagger of Xian, or Kurtis's weapon)
- Mention Kurtis Trent, but don't bring him back as a character
- Have good, difficult bosses, but not at the end of EVERY level
- Longer, longer, LONGER levels
- Wrap up the Lara's mother storyline. Evil Amelia might be nice?
- No, no, no, no, NO EGYPT!
- A Raiders moment where a bad guy whips out their knives, and Lara shoots them with a shotgun.
- One urban location, but not too many - one Tokyo level, perhaps.
- Another good Tomb Raider theme. The possible one was pretty good though.
- Time trials
- DINOSAURS
- The return of Werner Von Croy
- Bit more gore and blood
- Great one liners ("If i had a coconut for every time I heard that"; "Do you have any idea how much of a pleasure it's going to be shut you up?"; "I hope Natla sent you with more than a shotgun.")
- For some reason, include pirates, either with part of the plot, a treasure map, or modern day pirates hijacking Lara's boat or something.
- I thought the "Lara can only grip for a certain amount of time" thing in AoD was good, but could be utilised better.
- UZIS!
- Another great villain, like Eckhardt. I wept when the boss battle came... then cried when I discovered the fight was so easy.
- The old-school style of saving (wherever you like)
- A lost island, kind of like Skull Island or the Isla De Muerta.
- Perhaps not in this game, but Easter Island.
- Anaya. Was I the only one who liked her?
- I'd also like to see Lara and a volcano. I like volcanoes. They're awesome.
- DirectX mentioned the Roanoake colony. I think it's a GREAT idea. Use it.
- A cool death possiblity, like the Midas Touch.
- The Vatican. I know it's a possiblity. But please... use it. I can't believe it HASN'T been used before.
- A LEVEL EDITOR
- More Indiana Jones homages, please (the whole first game was an Indy tribute).
- Another great moment, like the T-Rex in The Lost Valley in Anniversary.
- A bazooka
- Not Amanda

BTW, LOVING the locations for Underworld. I've always been a fan of Mexico, but Thailand and "a ruin under the ice" intrigues me completely.

OhMr
28-03-08, 12:42
can we get a wounded Lara? Once her energy bar get low, she'll become a bit sluggish. I think they used to do this in the first Resident Evil games.

Also, give Lara real textures. Her out, hair, and body in Anniversary barely had any real textures. I would like Lara to look something like this...

http://i25.************/9t21ja.png

with her hair more designed like this,

http://i26.************/2z6eb0i.png

And Im still waiting for the game to look as close to the concept art as possible. I dont remember this in anniversary.

http://i29.************/35mk2kl.jpg

Please work on the greenery and lighting... textures.

Ilves
28-03-08, 14:53
^

http://i26.************/2z6eb0i.png

I think the next gen will fix the lack of texture you mention. But Lara in this particular pic looks horrible. Doesn't even look human. CD, work on her characterdesign, for pete's sake! :p

OhMr
28-03-08, 17:20
Yea. I just meant the hair. I really like the other model I posted. That's dead on, imo.

Ravna
29-03-08, 04:25
I'd like to add myself to the list of folks who want the old, charakter based, controls back.
Lara should move forward, if the up arrow is pressed, no matter how the screen is oriented.
The screen oriented controls, combined with the constantly moving camera, are a real nuisance.
The steering model was perfect since TR3, why change it ?
It took us seven years to train our refexes, and then came . . AOD :hea:
Thousands of gamers complained about that, I wonder if anyone at Eidos or CD ever reads the forums.
And add a view that shows everything from a certain distance, like they have in PoP.
Hanging from a wall, and not being able to see what's behind, can be frustrating.

highlander20816
29-03-08, 08:09
how about an alternate move, lets say you have trouble making a certain climb, or have trouble getting through a door or trouble solving a puzzle after a number of times trying a messsage would come on the screen with an arrow showing you where to go and telling you what to do, i think it would make the game less stressful plus we've all had moves in the tomb raider games that we had to do over and over again until we got it right. it would save time. One more thing PLEASE DO NOT put the adrenaline dodge in the next tomb raider game because its a pain in the ass. thanks ---MIKE

x2crazyidiot
29-03-08, 16:36
I'd like to add myself to the list of folks who want the old, charakter based, controls back.
Lara should move forward, if the up arrow is pressed, no matter how the screen is oriented.
The screen oriented controls, combined with the constantly moving camera, are a real nuisance.
The steering model was perfect since TR3, why change it ?
It took us seven years to train our refexes, and then came . . AOD :hea:
Thousands of gamers complained about that, I wonder if anyone at Eidos or CD ever reads the forums.
And add a view that shows everything from a certain distance, like they have in PoP.
Hanging from a wall, and not being able to see what's behind, can be frustrating.

Yes, the classic games were good. But games change. They develop, they evolve.
How would gamers today react if a game came out with the terrible controls and camera of the old Resident Evil or Tomb Raider?
Lets be honest, they'd hate it. Reviewers would bash it. And the game would fail.
Gamers today want easy fluid games that they can play with ease. They want the character on the screen to follow whatever direction the gamer desires. If they could only go up, down, and side to side, we'd be in the Tetris style of gaming today

Larapink
29-03-08, 16:40
I have one and only one simple request please, Bring back Larson, In a future game ;) Everything else you are doing well.

patriots88888
29-03-08, 22:24
I would have to say that in general i am pleased with the direction TR has been going. I still luv the older TR games though; especially TR4: The Last Revelation. I wish and hope more than anything else that they bring back its (TR4's) sense of intelligence and adventure. It was so well thought out and planned. Tomb raiding in Egypt is the best. If not for Underworld, then for a future TR game.

andromeda_eats
30-03-08, 06:36
can she have a romance? please?

petujaymz
31-03-08, 14:12
I watched Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade for the first time in years last night. When I say years; I'm talking ten years plus.

This film seems to have provided the inspiration for every Tomb Raider game ever made.

Seriously...

Tomb Raider II and Tomb Raider Legend inparticular.

Angel_14
31-03-08, 14:25
I watched Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade for the first time in years last night. When I say years; I'm talking ten years plus.

This film seems to have provided the inspiration for every Tomb Raider game ever made.

Seriously...

Tomb Raider II and Tomb Raider Legend inparticular.

I agree, but I would say that TRA's storyline is particularly the same as Lost Crusade's (Father obsessed with an artefact and his son/daughter continues his work).

OhMr
31-03-08, 16:48
I dont think any of the items should glow. It'll make things that much difficult, therefore, longer gameplay and you'll end up exploring the levels more possibly finding secrets throughout the level.

OhMr
31-03-08, 16:54
Less pipe climbing and balancing on poles. The balancing act in Natla's Mine towards the end was ridiculous.

Take out the MAGICAL MOMENT OF FINDING AN ARTIFACT thing when you find an artifact. It's so Kingdom Hearts.

Lara should fight her own big human battles. Should not be played out in interaction cut scenes.

I think animals/monsters should be a bit more visicous.

tvh33
31-03-08, 17:00
I agree on everything on the first list!:)
Here's a few things I would like to add:

- Make more of the ancient technologies visible.. Like the great cog wheels in TRA in the waterfall levels. It'd be cool if you pulled a handle and saw someting starting to move, turn or click through holes in the wall..

- Add more insane jumps.. from crazy heights and through very long distances.. That's thrilling!:)

holaramona
01-04-08, 06:53
i think its awsome there taking suggestions from fans hers what i think they should do:
in every tr game, learning how to quickly move lara around and make her do a certain move was prbably more difficult than the puzzle itself. instead, the player could like point lara wherever you want her to jump or climb or whatever action and leave the rest up to her and all her acrobatic skills, rather than making the player find the correct angle or distance to correctly perform such action. of course if such action is impossible then the player would need to find another way to reach the objective, this could help make better puzzles and lara would be able to perform a much larger number of moves that otherwise couldnt be achieved, therefore more eye candy.

i really liked the bullet time thing in anniversary, and i think that a similar feature could be used for puzzle solving and getting lara out of tight situations where not only enemies are involved, but also dangerous fast moving objects and the environment.

no headset please. her grapple thing and her guns is really all the technology needed, and anymore spoils the whole "indiana jones" feel that was originally intended. thats why i liked this game.

lara should be able to move on any surface and grab onto any edge instead of drifting away. friction please!

do not bring back her buddies please. they are annoying and unnecesary. they were only in legend for storyline and script purposes.

focus less on making a great storyline and more on making a great game. nobody cares what happened to her mom.

all her enemies should be butt raping monsters.:jmp: XD

Larapink
01-04-08, 11:00
her enemies should be butt raping monsters.:jmp: XD
Now that is just sick and very disgusting.:eek:

just*raidin*tomb
04-04-08, 00:22
Now that is just sick and very disgusting.:eek:

:hea: ...just a tad immature dont you think? that's not even funny.:yik:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
ON TOPIC!!!

Keep it up guys, CD has 242 pages of suggestions up to their eyeballs.:)

New_Raider
04-04-08, 04:26
Without reading this full thread, the non linear issue must have come up somewhere, but if not:

Make it linear, but with a few non linear levels.
Make the cheats easier to access (no difficult time trials), but not too easy (each set of cheats depend on the outfit worn. No cheats available in custom mode without time trials).
A clothing editor should be in a disk 2, like The Sims 2 Bodyshop and Soul Calibur 3 custom mode (no limit to custom color, patterns, designs, cut of outfit, and textures, including layered skins for the frilly look).

Pablo.CT, this thread has an official title.
Now that I know PS2 will be getting it, I'd be pretty bummed if you didn't actually have any contacts in CD.

I forgot something I mentioned at eidosgames.com, there should be uses for floating devices in water (drag floating barrel with grappler/winch for faster swimming times).
Use Har(censored) gun (in dingy) on floating broken crates for items within (while swimming).

Shark_Blade
04-04-08, 08:47
My suggestion:

- no interactive cutscenes in cutscene, let it die already it's boring
-destroy the headset
-make winston old, hunching and farting back
-bring back the kitchen with a freezer to put Winston,Zip and Alister in croft manor (IS it so hard??? With today's technology! :rolleyes:)
-make winston, zip and alister target practice
-bring back burning lara animation that she can catch on fire in croft manor
- repair the oxygen gauge when Lara swims. She's pathethically weak on holding her breath it's so surreal
- keep the braid! It's Lara's trademark
- bring back the rocket launcher. You avoid us for two games in a row now, there's no hiding again! :mad: And also Lara used to have more arsenals at her disposal? Where's the magnum, the revolver, the explosive arrows? CD better bring it back.
- more in-depth level design like the classics. The players aren't stupid, give us a a hard challenge why don'tcha?
- No more silly sappy stories about mommy and daddy, stay with the artefacts and tomb raiding.
- Don't use adrenaline dodge for every single boss, more variety or just do it like the classics, just shoot them. Simple and interesting.
- Just make sure you don't screw up this time CD. :mis:

DragonSlayer
04-04-08, 16:34
My suggestion:

- no interactive cutscenes in cutscene, let it die already it's boring
-destroy the headset
-make winston old, hunching and farting back
-bring back the kitchen with a freezer to put Winston,Zip and Alister in croft manor (IS it so hard??? With today's technology! :rolleyes:)
-make winston, zip and alister target practice
-bring back burning lara animation that she can catch on fire in croft manor
- repair the oxygen gauge when Lara swims. She's pathethically weak on holding her breath it's so surreal
- keep the braid! It's Lara's trademark
- bring back the rocket launcher. You avoid us for two games in a row now, there's no hiding again! :mad: And also Lara used to have more arsenals at her disposal? Where's the magnum, the revolver, the explosive arrows? CD better bring it back.
- more in-depth level design like the classics. The players aren't stupid, give us a a hard challenge why don'tcha?
- No more silly sappy stories about mommy and daddy, stay with the artefacts and tomb raiding.
- Don't use adrenaline dodge for every single boss, more variety or just do it like the classics, just shoot them. Simple and interesting.
- Just make sure you don't screw up this time CD. :mis:

i agree with everything you said

if the outdoor obstacle course is back they should put in an opponent you can race against maybe the lara doppleganger.

bring back the fear factor in tomb raider legend didn't scare me at all.

anniversary did in that room with the sword in the ceiling i walked in and heard a click sound and thought i had stood on a floor switch(i had the camera aimed up at the ceiling) i was thinking oh frak what have i done i'm about to die nothing happened but i got that feeling of fear which i didn't get in legend.

New_Raider
04-04-08, 16:58
Keep the checkpoints at the start of each level and at bonus areas, but make it savable on levels above ground so you don't have to jump, die, and start all over again.

OhMr
04-04-08, 19:50
right on SHARK_BLADE!!!!!!!

online suggestions, anyone??

and can she use a hook grapple instead??? aim it at loop holes instead of jumping off a cliff and it connecting on its own??? plus, she could throw it up to ledges and climb only if its locks on to something heavy. otherwise, she could fall to her death.

New_Raider
04-04-08, 22:46

and can she use a hook grapple instead??? aim it at loop holes instead of jumping off a cliff and it connecting on its own??? plus, she could throw it up to ledges and climb only if its locks on to something heavy. otherwise, she could fall to her death.
I don't like online play, but I would suggest weekly updates on the official Website like WoW and Everquest.
That way she can always update her weapons and items to more powerful ones.
There can even be a rank/class system in place for starting skill levels that improve in real time.

I like auto grapple, but you can make it manual aim in the settings.
A manual/automatic toggle would be a nice addition though.

As for mature hacks, that's a given, so why don't you set aside an adult server for mature hacks?

DragonSlayer
06-04-08, 13:43

they should turn lara into batman and name the game lara begins :vlol:

i would like to see the photos that were in the old raider games on the main menu return.

landerfha
06-04-08, 22:04
I've had this issue with most all the tomb raider games released in recent times. Her ass. Its too flat and distended for the perfect babe. I know like 20 girls personally with better asses than Lara.... this is actually a major issue considering the amount of time we are going to spend looking at her backside.

Angel_14
06-04-08, 22:15
I've had this issue with most all the tomb raider games released in recent times. Her ass. Its too flat and distended for the perfect babe. I know like 20 girls personally with better asses than Lara.... this is actually a major issue considering the amount of time we are going to spend looking at her backside.

No, no, you're using the wrong term; it's surely 'I am' not 'we are'. Besides, Lara's butt is totally fine... and I can't believe that you call that a major issue either :/

landerfha
06-04-08, 22:59
Well with this game it sounds like they're aiming for perfection, I'm a perfectionist. If I see nothing but greatness then have to look at this flawed ass smack dab in the middle of my screen for the entire game it will be greatly distracting. You think her butt is fine? Clearly you don't know your butts very well... and if you can somehow play through an entire TR game without looking at her body then bravo, you're probably gay.

Sweets
06-04-08, 23:00

The perfect babe huh?:rolleyes:

Who says Lara HAS to be the perfect babe?

hey_jude
06-04-08, 23:08

You pervert. Watch a porno, if you cannot follow an art like Tomb Raider.

Cheat Raider
07-04-08, 05:00
bring back kurtis

Sweets
07-04-08, 05:10
Well with this game it sounds like they're aiming for perfection, I'm a perfectionist. If I see nothing but greatness then have to look at this flawed ass smack dab in the middle of my screen for the entire game it will be greatly distracting. You think her butt is fine? Clearly you don't know your butts very well... and if you can somehow play through an entire TR game without looking at her body then bravo, you're probably gay.

I'm not gay, I'm a girl so I'm not so interested about Lara's looks as I am about playing the game. Lara's rear is fine the way it is IMO.

Just.tim
07-04-08, 06:06
im gay and i wish lara's booty was nicer... one of the reasons why i play tomb raider is because she's hot.. she has good boobs and a nice flat stomach i would like her ponytail to be a tad longer though.. and just cinch her waist a bit more.. anniversary was too lesbo and butch for me... legend lara is the best so far

another suggestion is that the whole "what could lara do?" well she could not rip her dress and take off her heels! if shes the toughest byotch in the world she can go through japan in her heels ... ripping her dress is fine just keep the heels for uber painfullness when kicking enemies

thats all

Tear
07-04-08, 07:19
With all of the new things we keep hearing about Underworld, it sounds as if it's staying more on the adventure side than the action, which (if so) i'll be very happy for.;)

Angel_14
07-04-08, 07:22
and if you can somehow play through an entire TR game without looking at her body then bravo, you're probably gay.

Bravo, I'm a girl :rolleyes:

tampi
07-04-08, 18:24
Downloaded Wii demos??? :whi::tmb:

ajrich17901
07-04-08, 18:50

Wow get out and get a girlfriend or something u sound like u could realy use a life

garfy
07-04-08, 19:03

well... im gay as gay could be and i love laras batty! viva la gays... like alistaire, who is also clearly a homosexual in a dirty sordid relationship with pierre and a fetish regarding laras back side!

Nikola
07-04-08, 19:35
I think Laras ass is fine, and perfectly normal for an English woman. :)

gtkilla
08-04-08, 02:31

Actually, he's got a point. Ain't nothin' perverted about it. :p You know everyone would be complaining if they shrunk Lara down to an A-cup, so what makes complaining about her butt so perverted?

Anyway, Underworld Lara's ass is embarrassingly flat. :o It's not like she got much going on up in the face. They should have given her a bigger ass to make up for that. :p

http://i31.************/k0pkrl.png

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

Sweets
08-04-08, 02:37
I wouldn't complain if Lara had a breast reduction down to an A or B cup. That isn't important to me, and neither is the size of her ass.

gtkilla
08-04-08, 02:41
I wouldn't complain if Lara had a breast reduction down to an A or B cup. That isn't important to me, and neither is the size of her ass.

Well, the breast size would matter to some people as it is her trademark and one of the reasons why she's so famous, like it or not. I can't say that I'm too bothered about her butt, though....but one must wonder why the developers would give Lara Croft such an embarrassingly flat ass. :o

Sweets
08-04-08, 02:49
Yeah I understand that her chest is one of her trademarks and have accepted that. I am happy that they have reduced her chest size down though. I think Lara has a shapely butt for an athletic woman.

gtkilla
08-04-08, 02:52
I think Lara has a shapely butt for an athletic woman.

I think Lara has a pathetic flat behind for a video game character. :o

Sweets
08-04-08, 02:54
Well maybe CD will see that you and some others are unhappy with Lara's assets and improve them for you?

gtkilla
08-04-08, 02:57
Well maybe CD will see that you and some others are unhappy with Lara's assets and improve them for you?

Not just "me and some others", try a big chunk of the entire gaming community. In every site with TR:U coverage, you'll find a group of people who have something negative to say about the new model whether it be about her face, hair, or behind. It's not just us like some of you believe.

Sweets
08-04-08, 03:21
I didn't mean it like that, I meant all the people who are unhappy with her looks. There are also a big chunk of people who are happy and positive about her new looks too :wve:

Lets wait and see(whenever we get new media) what changes CD have made to her model. I remember the Legend and Anniversary models changed before the game was released. So did the AOD model if I remember correctly.

ajrich17901
08-04-08, 03:54
Heres a suggestion!
Start promotin ur game already!!

hey_jude
08-04-08, 06:29
I thought that in order to help Crystal Dynamics to understand what fans want the most, it would be a good thing to create a thread where insert all the poll results about Underworld: this will give them a better and clear idea of our preferences.

Damage Inc.
09-04-08, 04:09
I always have a LOT of ideas for games I like.
But there is one for Tomb Raider I really want to see become reality.
I don't know if anything like this has already been posted,
since there are so many pages of posts, but here it goes:

You know how Lara has always reloaded simply releasing clips
and moving her pistols towards her sides and they would be reloaded.
And if you have seen the movies, you remember the backpack
with the rack of clips hanging out at the bottom right?

WELL WHY DIDN'T THEY ALREADY USE THAT IN LEGEND?!

Just my point, I hope you all think it's a good idea.
If so, support it. :)

I just hate unrealistic details like that, and it can easily be done.
Or at least something similar, which makes her also able to reload dual pistols.
The backpack could maybe hold a smaller rack and also other stuff on top.
Obviously the full rack in the movie was a different backpack, if it wasn't that one all the time.

NightWish
09-04-08, 10:28
i iwll suggest again that the plait should be back. As strange as it sounds (especially from the mouth of a girl) Lara's trade mark is the plait, twin pistols, shorts and a pair of big boobies. If one of them is missing it just doesnt feel like you are completely playing with lara.

Damage Inc.
09-04-08, 10:32
i iwll suggest again that the plait should be back. As strange as it sounds (especially from the mouth of a girl) Lara's trade mark is the plait, twin pistols, shorts and a pair of big boobies. If one of them is missing it just doesnt feel like you are completely playing with lara.

Plait? You mean the kind of braid in her tail?

Well, I didn't even really notice that at first, but now you mention...
It actually is a thing that belongs to her character.
But then again, it's just the way a person happens to wear their hair that day.
Only, I think it would indeed be handier to have your hair tied in wild adventures.

Shark_Blade
10-04-08, 05:44
Yes bring back her braid! The ponytail is not very Lara-ish, she looks very plain with that! :mad:

Just.tim
10-04-08, 05:48
heads will roll if they bring back the braid... its not the 90's anymore and plus look at cradle of life.. lara with pony and much hotter than the 1st movie

Shark_Blade
10-04-08, 06:05
So what, the ponytail is ancient? Indy kept with his style wearing the same hat even in his new movie.

Sometimes things doesn't need changes and changing it only ruin it. I strongly suggest CD bring back the braid.

Other suggestions:

- keep the backpack inventory just like in TRA, and forget about Legend style switching guns method. TRA style is much more convenient and comfortable.

Damage Inc.
10-04-08, 09:32
Well, like I said, it's just the way a person happens to wear their hair that day.
But personally I would tie it up for convenience, especially in non-urban environments.

And the TRA-inventory, that would be the same as the first game right?
Which means you have to go to your inventory to use every item?
Which then also means you have to pause the game every time?

What's that about?
I just say you switch guns as it would actually be, right in the action.
And only be able to carry like 2 extra rifles on the back.
The whole arcade style is done now, you can't have that anymore.
There was a remake of the first, it's time to let it go.

I say, take 'Legend' and expand the realism in it, as in the situations.
And I know this is fiction, but don't pause a game to switch weapons. :S

KC Mraz
10-04-08, 09:46
Some quick suggestions:

-No adrenaline dogde, or make it opcional.
-I want items, keys, small artifacts and stuff like that.
-Continue Legend storyline.
-If you change the in-game Lara's model, don't make her some boobs with legs like TR4 (and TRC and AOD).
-Make refferences to past TRs, the <camouflage> costume in AOD was brutal!!
-Can we talk about an expansion?, TRU Gold would be so cool.
-And the most important: make this game with love :hug: :p (not kidding).

NightWish
10-04-08, 10:25
Plait? You mean the kind of braid in her tail? PLait=Braid

Well, I didn't even really notice that at first, but now you mention...
It actually is a thing that belongs to her character.
But then again, it's just the way a person happens to wear their hair that day.
Only, I think it would indeed be handier to have your hair tied in wild adventures.

But its her Trade mark! Lara as a symbol is famous with it! do you think If the take of Superman's cape it will be the same look for him? Or eating fried stuff without ketchup? It just needs to be back!Yes bring back her braid! The ponytail is not very Lara-ish, she looks very plain with that! :mad:
:tmb:
heads will roll if they bring back the braid... its not the 90's anymore and plus look at cradle of life.. lara with pony and much hotter than the 1st movie

First - Braid has nothing to do with the 90's.Believe me - I know I have studied such things... :rolleyes: ANd Angelina in the cradle of life had nothing to do with how lara should be. Your arguments just show how 'well' you know Lara.

Sometimes things doesn't need changes and changing it only ruin it. I strongly suggest CD bring back the braid. Yes! Crystal dont fix anything that isnt broken!

- keep the backpack inventory just like in TRA, and forget about Legend style switching guns method. TRA style is much more convenient and comfortable.Ditto!

hey_jude
13-04-08, 03:39
-Make refferences to past TRs, the <camouflage> costume in AOD was brutal!!
:p (not kidding).

With respect for CORE, it's better that Crystal doesn't make references to past TRs. Let the first continuity live its own life. Anniversary was a sort of remake, so the storyline fits into this new world, but there is no point to keep in the game memories from CORE games. Plus, as long as Crystal decided to create a whole new bio for Lara, let's consider Legend the beginning of a new universe.

Hairhelmet12
13-04-08, 13:51
Could that use the inventory like in the classics like:

To switch guns you haft to go to inventory.
i hated the little scroll thingy just to find a gun

AND! can thay make it when you die and say you had your uzis equipted and you die and it reloads and you start with your shotgun ugh i hated that! can thay take that out to!?

To use a meditpack(or whatever there useing)you haft to go to the inventory
I dident like useing the up and down for a medipack cus i would use the smaller one every time when i wanted a large:hea:can thay put the classic whay back!!

PLEASE!!

And if that do have the croft manor burn down can thay burn down the legend and annivarsary one? and can zip and alister be IN the manor
and thay can use the cassic one i loved that house *remembers playing and running all around the house*

hey_jude
13-04-08, 15:43
Do you play on PS2? On PC versions of the game you can still use medipack and select weapons by simply pressing a button, no need to use the inventory.

Hairhelmet12
13-04-08, 16:32
Yah but then whats the point of showing the inventory? i liked how it was in the classics!

hey_jude
13-04-08, 16:40
I don't understand what is the point: the Anniversary inventory is builded on the basic one. In the classics, if you wanted to use a medikit or select an item, you could both choose the item from the inventory or press a button without entering the menu. Things are not changed, except for Legend that uses a brand new (at least for the saga) system.

Lara holic
13-04-08, 19:05
every thing I want is :_
1_ Lara to be similar to TR legend Lara but more realistic, since underworld will be sequel of legend story.

http://www.galaxisnet.hu/termekkepek/normal/pcg/pcg_tomb_raider_7_legend.jpg

2_ all the characters have the same look but in realistic way.

3_ all the characters have the same voice they had before.

4_ big lush realistic environments like crysis.

5_ jumping, climbing like assassin's creed or even better

6_ complete what happened with Lara's mum, and tell us some thing about her father.

7_ I loved the interactive cutscenes and I'm sure want them to be back.

8_ I loved the hedset and I enjoyed zip and Alister I'm sure want them to be back too.

9_ make the cutscene like legend, funny, happy, creepy, scary, serious, sad and very emotional.

10_ expand in the game length and make the game nonliner.

11_ create real animals that belongs to the nature of the environments such as butterflys parrots, birds, snakes, squirrels, ghazal and frogs... something like that.

12_ I want a lot of vehicles to ride such as planes, helicopter, skyjet, boats and a lots of other stuff.

13_ I liked the flashbacks and definitely want them back.

but the most important thing to me that is I realy realy want Lara to look like legend acting like legend and to be like legend.

this is what I thing will be the pest tomb raider game.

in my dreams of course .:)

daventry
14-04-08, 18:38
If theres one thing i hated about Crysis, that was the Controls and the Guns i had.

I spend so much time rearranging the Controls and the Gun Settings that i just wished the Game would end, oh and Ubisoft ows me $60 since i heard the Game is being remade to look better with a diffrent ending.

Anyway, TRA was also complicated with its Controls, i had to invent a third arm for the Grapple plus i hated the insane redicules Traps and Puzzles, not to menchion the distasteful Adrenaline Dodge.

What im asking is, would Crystal please bring back the TR Legend Controls and get rid of the Adrenaline Dodge.

Endow
14-04-08, 19:00
- Change the music to something more akin to TR1
- Deliver more complex levels like the Egypt levels and St.Francis Folly
- Impress with me with a different but not too complex combat system with no reticules
- Make more cave-like levels (i.e. a "roof" of sorts in order to make them darker)
- Stop with the city-levels trend. TR1/A(and 4 to a certain extent) proved there is no need for them and they disrupt the eerie mood.

daventry
14-04-08, 19:38
Do Crystal/Keir/Jaywalker ever take note or read this 62 Page Thread, im sure most of the Questions are repeated on Page 20, no Page 30, no Page 40. :p

Shark_Blade
15-04-08, 03:17
Keep the braid CD.
And keep the inventory style in TRA, only enhance it more.
Make the level designs more challenging and punish those who rushes through the game like inthe classic.
:)

Just.tim
15-04-08, 03:29
i dont want the ugly ****ing braid.. its hideous only grotsky nerds wear braids

keep the pony!

Chiki Mina
15-04-08, 03:32

keep the pony!

Now where the hell you get that theory? That was an idiotic comment, especially for those who fix their hair in braids.

Shark_Blade
15-04-08, 03:53

keep the pony!But only geeky sicko likes the ponytail that looks plain and like it's stuck on the back of a horse's butt.

On a serious note, it's Lara's trademark and she's known to have that braid as her attribute, making her distinguishable from the rest of the other icons. :)

Just.tim
15-04-08, 08:45
if underworld is all about realism and corpses staying around why not have blood? if mud is going to stick to her why not bloody up her clothes.. or get some blood on her hands the game is too clean

Just.tim
15-04-08, 08:48
But only geeky sicko likes the ponytail that looks plain and like it's stuck on the back of a horse's butt.

On a serious note, it's Lara's trademark and she's known to have that braid as her attribute, making her distinguishable from the rest of the other icons. :)

geeky sicko? its a hairstyle how does it make me a sicko if i want her in a pony it simply looks prettier, the braid doesnt go with her outfit they have allready made her with a pony tail in legend and tomb raider cradle of life so most people know lara with her pony not everyone is a die hard old lara fan with the green top and braid i think her holsters and gloves are her trademark

Angel_14
15-04-08, 12:19
geeky sicko? its a hairstyle how does it make me a sicko

And how does wearing a braid make me a grotsky nerd? Thank you for insulting my and a lot of other girl's taste. A lot of girls in my High school wear braid...

Sweets
15-04-08, 14:30
I think they need to bring the braid back, keep the ponytail for the Underworld outfit, but for other outfits bring back the braid. Braid ftw!

Chiki Mina
16-04-08, 02:02
Her pony tail is cute, people. But I rather have her keep one of her very know trademarks which are her braids. Besides, I think it's easier to raid with braids.

Cheat Raider
16-04-08, 05:55
I can't remember if ive already said this but bring back laras bottomless bag a the collectible weapons. I also hated the amout of ammo being capped in the previous games. include all the classic out fits because i hate her new outfit. have a wider variety of enemies and less bosses like in the classics. bring back kurtis and just do more stuff to make it as much as possible like the classics. i like the head set but make them not talk as much. plus the combat was so predictable. i mean come on we want enemies all over the joint and not in large groups in one spot and then another huge group somewhere else. i must say core was better at this. also, lara isnt supposed to go home after every level. whats an adventure if you get to go home and relax for a week and when your read take another small step to save the world you go and do that for about half an hour.

Shark_Blade
16-04-08, 07:24
Yes, most people wear ponytails which makes them less appealing as it is your basic everyday thing you can see. Lara is unique and special and have her own attribute that differ from the rest of your everyday people, and as I said the braid is her original trademark. Same with Mario wearing red plumber pajamas and Sonic's fur is blue. Changing that would be stupid.

And Lara is not young and playful FYI, if it's young Lara in tr4 training level wearing ponytail then I'm fine with that.

Tonyrobinson
16-04-08, 18:03
I like her to have a braid but only if it was very long like down to her bum I dno why but I think it would look cool. But I don't care about her hair that much. Oh since you are looking for suggestions I suggest you give little easter eggs to the previous Tomb Raider things such as we could have an enemy campsite in a jungle. Lara shoots the energy but she is low on health and she spys a bottle of Luco(Lara)zade in the enemys tent. Have her drink it to top up her health. :)

thevman
16-04-08, 18:10
Yes, most people wear ponytails which makes them less appealing as it is your basic everyday thing you can see. Lara is unique and special and have her own attribute that differ from the rest of your everyday people, and as I said the braid is her original trademark. Same with Mario wearing red plumber pajamas and Sonic's fur is blue. Changing that would be stupid.

And Lara is not young and playful FYI, if it's young Lara in tr4 training level wearing ponytail then I'm fine with that.

Damn straight! :tmb::ohn:

NightWish
16-04-08, 18:11

:tmb:

Cheat Raider
16-04-08, 21:26
Laras braid isn't her trademark! her pistols are duh!

P.S. besides i like the pony tail. i dont think the braid would look good on the new lara.

Sweets
16-04-08, 21:35
^Lara has always up until Legend had the braid, so yes that is ONE of her trademarks, along with her big breasts and dual pistols. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean the developers shouldn't include it.
They can keep the ponytail for the underworldd outfit, and include the braid for the Anniversary/Classic outfit(if included)
And you signature is a bit rude, especially considering CD visits here.

Endow
16-04-08, 22:24
I can understand people not liking Legend's aspect A or B or C but not this ponytail mumbo-jumbo.

just*raidin*tomb
17-04-08, 01:57
Ok Crystal, I'm talking music...
I think you should go with something original and atmospheric, perhaps a mix of Legend and Anniversary. I just want some epic, exciting music. Thanks;)

Cheat Raider
17-04-08, 06:29
And you signature is a bit rude, especially considering CD visits here.

there i changed my signiture
I also think that the uzis are one of her trademarks (even though they were replaced with the scorpion x in aod) they stuck with lara the whole way through

Sweets
17-04-08, 17:07
^much better :hug:

just*raidin*tomb
18-04-08, 14:51
^:vlol:

x2crazyidiot
18-04-08, 15:44
I been saying this for ages, and it would be amazing if Crystal did this. We could have a 'Braid' cheat (very much like the 'Sunglasses' cheat in TRA) which of course, makes Lara have a braid instead of a ponytail

badda bing badda boom, everyone's happy. People who like the braid can use the cheat, people who like the ponytail can leave it be :)

p.s. pleasepleaseplease take notice of this idea Crystal :D it would completely solve all debate concerning Lara's ruddy hair :p

ViNi__
18-04-08, 21:49
I would like to see Lara falls of the grapple if she swings too hard :)

It would be really amazing to see Lara flying over the place and only stop when she reaches a wall :D

NightWish
19-04-08, 10:35
Laras braid isn't her trademark! her pistols are duh! As I said before her trade mark is the pistold, the braid and the boobs :p all three together. Wihout one it doesnt feel complete :p

pEhouse
19-04-08, 10:47
I think the braid cheat would be a perfect solution as long as they don't make it an unlockable of a time run .. i suck at those :pi:

Ok Crystal, I'm talking music...
I think you should go with something original and atmospheric, perhaps a mix of Legend and Anniversary. I just want some epic, exciting music. Thanks;)

I agree with the epic, exciting part, but not with a mix between Legend and Anniversary. I'd rather have it TRI-IV-oriented (and I'm still all for bringing Nathan McCree back). Pieces like "a long way up", "something spooky is in that jungle" - which totally hit the atmosphere - and the puzzle element music.

Endow
19-04-08, 11:45
I been saying this for ages, and it would be amazing if Crystal did this. We could have a 'Braid' cheat (very much like the 'Sunglasses' cheat in TRA) which of course, makes Lara have a braid instead of a ponytail

badda bing badda boom, everyone's happy. People who like the braid can use the cheat, people who like the ponytail can leave it be :)

p.s. pleasepleaseplease take notice of this idea Crystal :D it would completely solve all debate concerning Lara's ruddy hair :p

What about people like me who would prefer if Lara was bald?:)

zappo3000
19-04-08, 12:42
the most amazing storline yet with lots of twists and unexpeted happenings

mister_croft
19-04-08, 13:21
Add a lot of waiting animation for Lara, i love those.
Keep the head set, i like the company.

OhMr
19-04-08, 18:19
more renders plzzz!!!!! Different poses and facial expressions!!!!! and plzzz dont go overboard t with the storyline. it should be mainly focused on the artifacts she'll need, how to get them, and who has them. flesh out story out as you go. honestly, bigger levels wouldnt hurt. not every level of course. make nature Nature! any plant/tree/animal that Belongs should be there. "FLESH" out the enviorment, plzzzz. reference MGS3.

Sweets
19-04-08, 18:59
Its probably too late for suggestions for TRU, and maybe my concerns have already been fixed for Underworld, but here goes:

Underwater Gameplay- Lara cannot hold her breath very long. In the classics she could atleast hold it for a minute. TRU Lara needs to be able to hold her breath atleast for a minute or more. Another thing is the swimming controls are a pain, they need to be more simple like the classics please. There are too many buttons to press while swimming and combined with the short breath meter it ruins the fun of any underwater area. If you decide to put in an underwater level in TRU or TR9 Crystal Dynamics, please take into account the swimming controls and breath meter.

Jumping- In Legend and Anniversary the jumping is really screwed up. There is hardly any calculating her jumps because the game does it for you. Half the time when I wanted to jump somewhere, Lara wouldn't jump the direction I wanted her to and instead jumped toward a white ledge or pole like she had magnets in her hands. There is hardly any control over her jumps. I hope this has been fixed and jumping is more fun in Underworld like in the classic tomb raiders.

Camera- The camera oriented control system from legend and anniversary needs to go, pronto! I like being able to move the camera around myself and look at Lara or the environments, but I don't like how the camera moves on its own accord to show me where I'm supposed to go or to give me a hint. ENOUGH HINTS CD! WE ARE NOT DUMB! I want the camera locked behind Lara when I am moving her, but the option to move it myself with the joystick when I want to, not the game moving it for me.

More pickups- I want Lara's unlimited backpack to make a return. In Anniversary it was better, but it sucked not being able to collect all the ammo. I want to pick up as much ammo and medpacks as I want. I also want more keys to find and more secrets like they were in Anniversary(those were awesome, bring those back!). The classics had tons of keys and artifacts that were needed to open doors and operate mechanisms, Underworld/TR9 needs more keys and pickups:tmb:

More Multiple Paths- Anniversary was a great step in the right direction, but still some parts were linear and simplified. Give us mulitple paths, paths that lead to nowhere, safer paths, more dangerous paths, let us choose. More "honeycombed levels". Replay the classic Palace Midas level for a general idea of what I mean. And no more short levels please, every level should take us atleast 45 minutes to complete. No more short, filler levels anymore, there is no excuse for these.

More Interaction- In Legend and Anniversary Lara can only grab ledges that are either white, or layed out for her to grab. I want Lara to be able to grab any ledge that looks within reach, even if it leads to nowhere. If it looks like she can grab it, she should be able to grab it. No more spray painted white ledges for her to grab please(blend those eyesores in with the environment more!), I want to grab anything that looks like she could grab or climb on.

Invisible Walls- Tomb Raider is a game about exploration, but how can you explore everything to the fullest with all those darn invisible walls everywhere? Please keep these to a minimum in future games(hopefully they are pretty non-existant in Underworld). Most next gen/current gen games don't have alot of these like Legend and Anniversary did.

Cheesy Deaths- Bring back the blood and lose the blackouts. Tomb Raider never was a kids game, why should it be now? I wanna see Lara impaled on spikes without her floating across them, how unrealistic is that? I wanna see little squirts of blood when she shoots someone or if she gets shot, just a little bit. If I mess up and Lara dies, I should be rewarded with seeing her death as a punishment(if that makes sense). If it means upping the rating to M for Mature then so be it, I want to see a more mature game again. Don't worry, the game will still sell very well at an M rating. It doesn't have to be blood and gore filled, just a little blood and more realistic death scenes without the blackouts please?

NightWish
19-04-08, 19:05
Lets hope they know they have to do these^^^ :)
What about people like me who would prefer if Lara was bald?:)

lol! I think those pole can be counted on the fingers of my right hand :p

Twilight
19-04-08, 20:24
in terms of the PS3 controller, R1 and L1 should be the right and left hands.
when you jump, you can press both and grab with both hands and keep it down. or only press one, but it would be more risky. let go of it when u want to drop down. if its slippery, then u need to press the R1 or L1 again, depending on which slipped off. when u want to pick up something u press the R1 or L1 instead of triangle or X.
when the guns are drawn, R1 would be the right hand shooting, then L1 the left; being that dual aiming is incorporated. and when hanging off a legde or pole column, u drawn the gun for the left or right hand.
maybe R2/L2 would be guns drawn.

i think it would be more intuitive being that they're the "shoulder buttons" and interactive since u feel like you're controlling her arms instead of just pressing a button and she does it. after all the theme is "what can Lara do?"

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?p=2649084#post2649084

:)

Zique
20-04-08, 00:54
I would like it to end something like this:
Lara finds her mother, then she hugs her, okay okay, NOW WE MUS GET OUT OF HERE MOM~
When trying to get out of Avalon, they know that to get out, one will have to die, or something like this, then Amelia says "I love you daughter *say say say* I will die for you" and Lara hugs her mother like "but I missed you :c" like in the movie, she gets away without her mother and everybody will be happy
She found her mother and Amelia will not appear in the next games :D

Hand_Of_Midas
22-04-08, 22:31
Sexy death sequences (like a tentacle death!)!

Larapink
22-04-08, 23:10
Sexy death sequences (like a tentacle death!)!
How on earth can you even call that sexy? That is quite disgusting..

Shrantellatessa
23-04-08, 01:11
Flooded levels pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!! :hea: