PDA

View Full Version : Official Tomb Raider 8 Suggestion Thread For Attention Of Crystal Dynamics

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

never_the_same
01-08-08, 12:03
CD said that we can expect highest level of realistic. that means: get wet of rain & water, get dirty because of rolling - it's all cool.
than we sould have "messed makeup" effect, and it would be messed because of rain.
if they don't make it, it would not be real!
we all know that they will not make that - so better take off her makeup to make game more real!!

omg i never thought that i will talk about those stuff........ bul****.
i'm over, i don't like unserious teen lara :cen: i'm getting tired of watching her face.
they should make lara like woman, not like teen fancy girl - they drive me crazy enough and i can't watch at lara's lip gloss...... :[

whatever, i won't give a notice on that in game

Luce
01-08-08, 14:37
Yes, hopefully you will not be focusing on Lara's lips in the game ;)

And the old model did wear lipstick ya know :p

never_the_same
01-08-08, 16:50
compare

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m47/lil_magnum/page011.jpg
http://i34.************/so0hz5.jpg

u really think it's normal to make lara this fancy?! her gloss on new mod is like a mirror!!
core's lara was never wearing makeup and that stuff - look now, lara looks like every next teenager chick.

old model have less of it. lara should care only what she needs to be fresh all the time - makeup will not make her fresh for new adventure, and makeup shouldn't be worn in adventure.
her skin is easier to watch on old mod, on the new mod is so ... yellow, like wax...

i'm out of this, this is not turning my attention and makeup hurts my eyes, i'm tired of fancy girls and i wanna cool out now........................................... take care, i'm out of this thread for awhile

redfox45
01-08-08, 16:56
compare

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m47/lil_magnum/page011.jpg
http://i34.************/so0hz5.jpg

u really think it's normal to make lara this fancy?!
core's lara was never wearing makeup and that stuff - look now, lara looks like every next teenager.

old model have less of it. lara should care only what she needs to be fresh all the time - makeup will not make her fresh for new adventure, and makeup shouldn't be worn in adventure.

i'm out of this, this is not turning my attention and makeup hurts my eyes, i'm tired of fancy girls and i wanna cool out now........................................... peace

Whoh in the first one she looks a little too real its kinda creepy. I love it, the makeup thing doesnt bother me at all.

SteveBob
01-08-08, 22:57
She looks horrible in those pictures.

I'm very worried that Underworld will be a big disappointment and nowhere near as good as the classic TR games.

Now I like the new games but when I play them I always feel there's something missing. They should really be called Tomb Raider: Lite and I miss the classic Tomb Raider which was the game that got me into gaming 11 years ago.

Firstly I expect Tomb Raider to be scary, in the old TR games when a bear or even a wolf or something jumped out at me it'd make me jump because the whole atmosphere made you feel like you were alone in an ancient Tomb. On top of that the strong enemies could kill you almost instantly so you really feared for your life.

Second massive problem is that Tomb raider is meant to be about exploration. In Anniversary and Legend there was practically none. Both games were incredibly linear and you pretty much always knew where to go either because of the blatantly obvious ledges etc (which make the platforming boring and lacking in any challenge) or because of a huge button appearing on the screen telling you what to do. I miss having to figure things out for myself, not knowing whether a jump can be made or if I'm going the right way.

Thirdly I don't want the game to do everything for me. In the new games I feel like I'm only half playing, like I'm only half in control while the game does the other half for me. Big example is not having to manually grab or hold onto ledges, it really takes away from the experience IMO and the game just drags you through everything by the hand.

All of these things make the new games feel much less special to me than the classic TR games. The levels are short and empty and provide no challenge and the Time Trials are completely unnecessary. I also think that the old style mansion was miles better than the new one. Also I hate not being able to roll to turn around and I particularly miss the jump roll, the fancy flips are completely impractical while the jump roll was really useful in combat.

So there you go, sorry about the wall of text (actually took most of it from a post I made of GameFAQs.com) but that's my opinion on the recent TR games, I've been playing Anniversary again but every time I just wanna go and grab TR1 and play that instead (which I think I will actually do in a moment). I really hope Underworld proves me wrong and I'll be buying it anyway but I fear that it will be very similar to the last two games.

Crystal Dynamics have got a long way to go if they wanna better the classic TRs and I'm afraid that they're headed in the completely wrong direction.

xx_Hunt_xx
01-08-08, 23:23
She looks horrible in those pictures.

I'm very worried that Underworld will be a big disappointment and nowhere near as good as the classic TR games.

Now I like the new games but when I play them I always feel there's something missing. They should really be called Tomb Raider: Lite and I miss the classic Tomb Raider which was the game that got me into gaming 11 years ago.

Firstly I expect Tomb Raider to be scary, in the old TR games when a bear or even a wolf or something jumped out at me it'd make me jump because the whole atmosphere made you feel like you were alone in an ancient Tomb. On top of that the strong enemies could kill you almost instantly so you really feared for your life.

Second massive problem is that Tomb raider is meant to be about exploration. In Anniversary and Legend there was practically none. Both games were incredibly linear and you pretty much always knew where to go either because of the blatantly obvious ledges etc (which make the platforming boring and lacking in any challenge) or because of a huge button appearing on the screen telling you what to do. I miss having to figure things out for myself, not knowing whether a jump can be made or if I'm going the right way.

Thirdly I don't want the game to do everything for me. In the new games I feel like I'm only half playing, like I'm only half in control while the game does the other half for me. Big example is not having to manually grab or hold onto ledges, it really takes away from the experience IMO and the game just drags you through everything by the hand.

All of these things make the new games feel much less special to me than the classic TR games. The levels are short and empty and provide no challenge and the Time Trials are completely unnecessary. I also think that the old style mansion was miles better than the new one. Also I hate not being able to roll to turn around and I particularly miss the jump roll, the fancy flips are completely impractical while the jump roll was really useful in combat.

So there you go, sorry about the wall of text (actually took most of it from a post I made of GameFAQs.com) but that's my opinion on the recent TR games, I've been playing Anniversary again but every time I just wanna go and grab TR1 and play that instead (which I think I will actually do in a moment). I really hope Underworld proves me wrong and I'll be buying it anyway but I fear that it will be very similar to the last two games.

Crystal Dynamics have got a long way to go if they wanna better the classic TRs and I'm afraid that they're headed in the completely wrong direction.

I totally agree with everything you just said.
Have exact same feeling i have towards the game.
Main problem i see with the new TR games is the fact i feel its like a kids game with someone dressed up as Lara. The game is basicly a kids game, its almost impossible to get stuck, and forget about exploring that just isnt in the new games. I miss the fact that in classic Tomb Raider it was just me Lara and the baddies that scared the hell out of me with new Tomb Raider, its me, Lara, Zip, Alister and the involvment of the screen telling you what to press and the baddies....well they arnt scary anymore and theres no shock factor when they appear.

SteveBob
02-08-08, 00:03
Yeah, it's a shame :(

Shiny Boots
02-08-08, 09:27
I agree with the gist of your post, but I enjoyed Anniversary. Legend was absolute rubbish, but at least Anniversary had that atmosphere and sense of isolation that's been missing from TR games for too long.

Regarding the automatic grabbing of ledges, why don't you turn on the 'manual grab' option? It's far better played that way.

Melonie Tomb Raider
02-08-08, 09:56
core's lara was never wearing makeup and that stuff

Yes she did. Lara has always worn makeup.

I admit, the lip gloss is too much, but the makeup in general is very nice. :)

never_the_same
02-08-08, 12:38
omg........ i don't see what's nice in makeup - girls are putting colors on their face and i would rather say it looks funny, not nice.....
pink or green color around eyes, or scary color of lips really is not sexy & hot.

when girl wear only eyeliner is good, cuz it standout her eyes and we have better flirt :D
the rest of makeup is totally pointless and funny, and u accept "maybeline" or "oriflame" to wash ur brain with it :tea:

they are putting that stuff on lara croft :confused::confused:

core always worried about lara's spirit more than for her makeup (rather say "makedown")

melonie, u really think that one hero like lara croft should wear fancy makeup?!

edit:
i don't care anymore...... that really doesn't make lara hot.
she already have big lips, and makeup on it really scare me. having makeup doesn't make her cool. female hero can look cool only with eyeliner.
CD is making this game gaylish - they make people to talk about lara's outfit and makeup. only because of lara's look. my friends agree.
and did i came to talk about her makeup?! just drop, i'm really out of this conversation, this is not for me - i love fresh and cool things! so sorry 'cuz of lara, she is loosing status of a hero

Keizer24
02-08-08, 18:14
Nice that the're sharks confirmed.

Now some crocodiles please....

Luce
02-08-08, 22:24
Wah never_the_same you're making such a big deal about this XD We get that you don't like makeup on girls (except eyeliner :D), but Lara has always worn makeup ^^;
I agree that the lip gloss seems a little too much, but that's just one artwork (with a clean Lara :D).

never_the_same
02-08-08, 22:33
hehe luce, the moment was like that so i had to say all that.
it's not that i don't like makup on girl - it just depends of girl....
;)

AmericanAssassin
06-08-08, 01:49
I thought it was very nice of you guys at Crystal Dynamics to include little tidbits from past exploits in Lara's books on TRA. You guys should seriously do some more of that. I'd love to hear little tie-ins with The Last Revelation and The Angel of Darkness. I also think it would be cool if you guys included a pic or two in Croft Manor (if there's a new one) of Lara and some of the past characters. For example, a pic of Lara and the priest from Chronicles. That would be a nice little nod to Core. :)

just*raidin*tomb
06-08-08, 02:37
I must say, for someone that is bragging so much on how awesomely detailed and realistic everything is, I just don't see it. I don't really like the Thialand images. They look sort of boring. There's only one shade of green. And all the plants blend in so much that it makes the environment look unrealistic and lessly detailed. I could be wrong though. All I've seen is scans but I did like the screen of the front of the temple.:)

clw
06-08-08, 12:15
i hope it is as realistic as they make it out to be i would like to she lara walk on sand and it move under her feet like sand im kinda scared after seeing clips of gameplay that maybe the camera angles will be confusing the camera seems so far away from her.

i also like that when playing aod i could read books scriptures and look at artifacts it made it seem more like you where discovering something than just running around tombs and accidently running into treasure

AmericanAssassin
06-08-08, 17:13
Create a Lara model and use it for the rest of the series. It's ridiculous how Lara looks different in every installment. Small improvements are okay, but that's it. ;)

mrcube
06-08-08, 20:39
Create a Lara model and use it for the rest of the series. It's ridiculous how Lara looks different in every installment. Small improvements are okay, but that's it. ;)

But that seems to be the way of every video game character, they're always changing from rendition to rendition. I mean when you really look at it, Lara always looks like Lara. They couldn't use one model because as the technology develops new models are more detials with more polygons, and this is where Lara get's changed. That's why she looks so simlar for the first 5, each game simply built on the previous model, but when they're redisigning the entire game engine and stuff, upgrading a model with a few hundred polygons to one with thousands is inpractical i guess and then the designers are probably just like.... hmmm, what would she look like with this... and then with lots of little this' and thats' she looks like she does each time.

AmericanAssassin
06-08-08, 23:40
Legend Lara, Anniversary Lara, and Underworld Lara all look completely different. That's what I mean, and it's annoying. ;)

dizzydoil
07-08-08, 02:38
Legend Lara, Anniversary Lara, and Underworld Lara all look completely different. That's what I mean, and it's annoying. ;)

That's where your wrong, in my opinion. Each one consists of the same shape, and facial features. Legend Lara was Lara, but the beauty of her. Anniversary Lara was Lara, but the determination, and younger genertation of her. Underworld Lara is the beauty and determination of both Lara's put together.. and is the 'Lara' of her. It's easy to see. A character, only based on time.. or not has to age at somepoint.. with it be techincal advances, or character history advances. No-one stays the same, and never will. But it's still 'them' so to say. It's annoying for you.. because like everyone esle it's hard to see why Lara's boobs are bouncing between sizes all over the place.. as it is to I. But, if the engine can handle it, I say do it? :p

just*raidin*tomb
07-08-08, 02:51
I must say, for someone that is bragging so much on how awesomely detailed and realistic everything is, I just don't see it. I don't really like the Thialand images. They look sort of boring. There's only one shade of green. And all the plants blend in so much that it makes the environment look unrealistic and lessly detailed. I could be wrong though. All I've seen is scans but I did like the screen of the front of the temple.:)

Pay no attention to this^

Umm, yeah. After seeing this...
http://i34.************/352f3p0.jpg
...Oh My God! It actually looks like a forest! And look at the river!:D

So yes forget my previous post.;)

never_the_same
07-08-08, 08:08
okay, anyway, i wasn't going to memorise it :D
btw, thailand also looks good.
EPIC

bertasss
07-08-08, 18:12
I Would Like a New hairstyle,maybe just in one level:o

Quasimodo
07-08-08, 19:48
Give Lara a machete for her jungle adventures. She can use it to alter her enivronment (cut down a branch to make a swing pole, clear away brush), and to set up traps for enemies.

keviouk
08-08-08, 19:16
"Iíve been accused by some fans of giving vague descriptions and evasive answers to questions about Tomb Raider: Underworld, and all I can say is yes, guilty as charged. But for good reasons.

"From the beginning Iíve been asked, "Are we going to see Croft Manor?" To that question Iíve always answered a simple yes. What else could I say, knowing what I knew about the trailer we would eventually release but didnít want spoiled? My half-answers and evasions are often protecting what fans really donít want to know before they play the game, or features that are intentionally being kept flexible until the end because the overall quality and taste of the final soup is more important that any one ingredient that goes into it.

TOTALLY agree with that, go on the same way Eric!
I don't want to see any screenshots of the ThaÔland level, disover the game by ourselves and have any surprises is much better! The TRA marketing campaign was filled with useless spoilers, we knew all the game before it came out...
I don't want the same thing for TRU...

larafan25
13-08-08, 15:37
I want a rocket launcher
that would be awsome Im pretty sure there was supposed to be one in tomb raider legend.

jeffrey van oort
16-08-08, 01:07
Here's a small list of things I expect from TRU, so listen up and deliver. ;)

-No Zip & Allister, they're extremely annoying
-No ICs (Interactive Cutscenes), they suck big time
-Longer than 30 hours, I'm tired of short games
-Less music than TRL, more music than TRA
-Make Lara more lethal and dangerous, no more nice
-Make small remarks, in-game, about past exploits
-Bring back the Atlanteans and continue that tale
-Make this game epic, the games are too... small
-Danger should lurk around almost every corner
-Winston should ready come with a freezer and tray
-Every inch of the manor should be accessable
-Bring back the bikes, but make them good this time
-Quit with Lara's past and think about adventure
-Lara should be more serious and ready for battle
-I love dinos, so I want more, a lot more dinos
-Her breath meter is pathetic, I could do better
-Keep the grapple forever, I'm absolutely in love
-Bring in some (Final Fantasy) quality FMVs this time
-Start giving Core some more credit, or get ass kicked
-I liked the continuous levels, keep them forever
-Every level should be big though, not just a few
-More puzzles, you did better in TRA, but still more
-More action, where were the enemies, more needed
-More secrets, at least 30 per level, plus relics
-Headset won't be needed anymore, Z&A gone
-I like the PLS alot, so keep that instead of flares
-Epic, waterfalls and pitfalls are not good enough
-What happened after AOD, mention something please
-I love crazy villagers, like the Barkhang Monastery
-Guns out when crounching please, it's stupid now
-Include Lara's journal thoughts, but make them useful
-No more white ledges, they're way too obvious
-No damn blackouts, I want to see that girl die now
-Impale her with spikes, I won't mind an M/17+ rating
-Let me save whenever I want and include checkpoints
-Keep large and small medipacks, not ugly red ones
-Release a special edition in America this time, rude
-I miss the classic gun posture, it's awesome looking
-Multiple ways to get to one location, lots of paths
-Have to replay the levels to get all the secrets
-Loads of hidden passages in the "mansion" this time
-I liked Amanda, I'd love to see Lara and her team up
-Stop with the movie references, they're totally lame
-Kitchen, bathroom, attic, eveything needed for "mansion"
-More to do outside of "mansion" than an easy maze
-Do not make Lara a sex kitten, she's too dangerous
-I love the parents portrait about the fireplace, keep it
-I want an indoor pool and outdoor pool next time
-Obstacle course is a must in "mansion", manor so boring
-Instead of pointless outftis, make "all" classic outfits
-Playable skins of classic characters would be amazing
-Mention Kurtis a few times, but don't put him in the game
-Keep adrenaline dodge, but use it a lot less often
-Release the game everywhere at the same damn time
-Use a more forceful advertising plan, TRAs was horrible
-Work on the game as long as you need, no need to rush
-More interactivity needed, no obvious invisible walls
-More moves, such as kicking and punching and sliding
-More than 3 files like TRA, at least 10 are needed
-I loved the advertisements in TRL, Jeep and Ducati
-Blood is a must, no more of this childish nonsense
-Where has the surprise gone, I want it back now please
-More human enemies than TRA, less than TRL, like AOD
-Don't spoil us silly next time, I just can't seem to resist
-Braid is a must, but make it more like TR2 and longer
-I actually like the grenades, but make them controllable
-Waterfalls are great, but don't overuse them next time
-I loved the bridge breaking on TRA, surprise us more
-Make locations that remind us of the classics, but better
-Honeycomb effect is missing in both TRA and TRL, no no
-Lara needs less colorful makeup, more like AOD, but less
-Fix Lara's hair in the water, not major, but still fix it
-I love the pacing, ignore the slower request, fast is good
-I like the time trials, harder than TRL, easier than TRA
-Give us variety, like TRL, but with more to each section
-Grappling hook is good, magnetic is lame and unrealistic
-More characters needed, like the amount of AOD maybe
-I'd love a flashback that's of Von Croy's training of Lara
-Worry more about the old fans, we're still here for Lara
-Blend the new bio and the old bio, don't throw it away
-I expect magazine covers all over the world next time
-Make Raid N' Seek on consoles next time, and others

I agree with every single word that has been written here in this message.
It's what I would like to see:)
However I do have some extra things:
-Finally explain to us what happen at the end of TR4.
-Give Lara a flashlight in game (Not like a PLS, but longer range)
-Choosing a hairstyle would be nice. I like the braid more..
-Maybe an optional grid system would be nice. (Aka classic jump to left forward right backwards)
-Lara has a PDA.. make sure we can actually use it:)(I read sonar system somewhere.. include more of these things:))
-Bring back excalibur.. It was important in Legend and it should be in TRU as well..(Finish what you start)
-Natla is back.. give her new clothes.. perhaps a new look?
-An alternative ending would be nice..
-Choices should effect your progress. A wrong choice could make it more difficult in the future:)
-Travelling by aeroplane would be nice again:) (Only 2 x aeroplane in TR so far:)TRII+Legend

Anarae
16-08-08, 03:31
Crystal Dynamics, you're doing it right. What I have seen so far is a substantial improvement from Legend and is making me a very happy girl. Of course, I won't know whether I'll truly love or loathe it until the final product.

Also, I wish the constructive criticisms and suggestions were more gameplay oriented than glamour oriented. I don't care what her hairstyle is, what outfit she's wearing, or how many outfit options there are.

I'm also pleased to discover those who don't use the Help-On-Demand option will be rewarded. I'm a figure it out for myself kind of girl and will enjoy accessing extras for my efforts.

just*raidin*tomb
16-08-08, 05:05
Small but minor thing that doesn't really bother me, but I'll mention it anyway. Lara's ponytail seems way too light for it's thickness and length. Like I said it's no big deal, just thought I'd mention it.:)

KC Mraz
16-08-08, 07:23
Do NOT use the "Lara clone/shapeshifted Natla exploding the manor" history.

It is crappy and will ruin such an awesome game :hug:.

Woop Legend!
16-08-08, 12:08
Do NOT use the "Lara clone/shapeshifted Natla exploding the manor" history.

It is crappy and will ruin such an awesome game :hug:.

Ditto

ArronC07
16-08-08, 13:58
More back story and more emotion please.

Gambit37
16-08-08, 14:25
After seeing the new trailer, my suggestion to CD would be "Improve the lip synching".

This still sucks big time and is totalling unconvincing. Valve had this right 5 years ago, the Unreal engine has been doing convincing lip-synch for a good few years yet CDs looks like the crappy efforts of early CG movies from the 90s. The characters still look plastic too. Come on guys, you can do better.

Quasimodo
16-08-08, 14:27
Get rid of the feature where Lara holds on tight to a ledge if we try to make an impossible jump. It's a stupid, stupid idea!

TombRaiderTim
16-08-08, 15:17
I was going to say to include natla, but by the sounds of the trailer, they already have! :D

just*raidin*tomb
16-08-08, 17:07
Get rid of the feature where Lara holds on tight to a ledge if we try to make an impossible jump. It's a stupid, stupid idea!

It better only be on easy mode! :mad: I don't want to have to start another G.R.O. thread! ;)

KC Mraz
16-08-08, 17:09
I don't want to have to start another G.R.O. thread! ;)

It'll get closed, any more acronym threads turn mods crazy :wve:

MadCroy101
16-08-08, 18:07

Agreed

Muhammad
17-08-08, 14:16
Yes! I agree wholeheartedly.

petujaymz
18-08-08, 13:15
Bet you all a tenner the next Tomb Raider game's gonna be a remake of Tomb Raider II. Can feel it in my bones.

Sometime ago, a reliable source on this forum stated that CD had approached Eidos with the idea themselves. All Eidos have gotta do is say yeah or no.

Can't find the post concerned; think it was in a TRA FAQ thread.

:wve:

Quasimodo
18-08-08, 19:31
Just say NO to monkey fingers!
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa212/quasiraider2/slappers.jpg
Before...After

A person's fingers shouldn't be longer than their palms.

Henpen
18-08-08, 21:52
^ Man Hands!

Quasimodo
18-08-08, 21:59
Lara's face textures need a bit more "oomph". It looks like CD is letting the lighting and shading do too much of the work there. I looked at some of the screenshots from Uncharted, and they've used deeper orange-pinks to liven up the skin of the characters. If CD did something similar, Lara would look like this:
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa212/quasiraider2/face-1.jpg

Earthcane
18-08-08, 22:32
^^ great point-

In the first picture, Lara's skin is so lifeless it almost blends into
the background like camo. Great touch-up work on the second :tmb::tmb:

Gambit37
18-08-08, 23:21
Lara's face textures need a bit more "oomph". It looks like CD is letting the lighting and shading do too much of the work there. I looked at some of the screenshots from Uncharted, and they've used deeper orange-pinks to liven up the skin of the characters. If CD did something similar, Lara would look like this:
That's just your personal preference. It doesn't make it better.

Quasimodo
18-08-08, 23:52

I know - it was only a suggestion. Sheesh.

iamlaracroft
18-08-08, 23:54

I'd say it makes her look a helluva lot better. :ohn:
She looked sallow before and now she looks alive and flush...like she's doing physical activity.
:whi:

Gambit37
19-08-08, 00:02
People generally aren't pink. ;-)

iamlaracroft
19-08-08, 00:08
People generally aren't pink. ;-)

...I am. :wve:
Pale/fair skinned with rosy undertones, to be...a little more precise.

just*raidin*tomb
19-08-08, 11:24
A person's fingers shouldn't be longer than their palms.

Really? *puts hands in pockets*:o

tomkat
19-08-08, 12:10
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa212/quasiraider2/face-1.jpg

I could be wrong, but isn't the first pic yellow/green toned because of the lighting system? Its been stated that the environment is going to cast tints on Lara as she moves, so in a dense jungle-like area she's gonna be bathed in more greenish light, making her appear that sickly colour.
I get your point about "too much" though.

Does she also look greenish/yellow etc. (in your opinion) in the other screens, or just that one?

Quasimodo
19-08-08, 13:26
I could be wrong, but isn't the first pic yellow/green toned because of the lighting system? Its been stated that the environment is going to cast tints on Lara as she moves, so in a dense jungle-like area she's gonna be bathed in more greenish light, making her appear that sickly colour.
I get your point about "too much" though.

Does she also look greenish/yellow etc. (in your opinion) in the other screens, or just that one?

Just in the Thailand screenshots so far (in other locations she looks fine), maybe all they need to do is have her reflect less of the green lighting from the surroundings.

Fallen.Angel
19-08-08, 22:03
Improved graphics and hair movement.... would be nice. :o

Gambit37
19-08-08, 23:53
Just in the Thailand screenshots so far (in other locations she looks fine), maybe all they need to do is have her reflect less of the green lighting from the surroundings.
Why? It's called radiosity and it's actually a small part of a realistic light model. Objects take on the colour of reflected light. Funny, that!

Quasimodo
20-08-08, 00:10
Why? It's called radiosity and it's actually a small part of a realistic light model. Objects take on the colour of reflected light. Funny, that!

Probably not that much of the colour, at least compared to real photos of people in jungle settings like that. Anyhoo, she just seems a little dull and outdated graphically compared to her surroundings. Her skin texture needs more details. Other than her eyes and lips, her skin appears to be one flat colour.

Benguitar
20-08-08, 02:58
I don't know if this has already been listed but

No limit to how fast Lara's guns can fire.

Example the faster your press the fire button the faster they shoot.

(TRA pistols had a limit, as in they would only fire so fast..)

just*raidin*tomb
20-08-08, 08:56
Improved graphics and hair movement.... would be nice. :o

In case you haven't noticed, every strand of hair that is hanging from her head moves which is about 11 pieces, including her ponytail.:) I'd say it's pretty realistic

x2crazyidiot
20-08-08, 12:11
In case you haven't noticed, every strand of hair that is hanging from her head moves which is about 11 pieces, including her ponytail.:) I'd say it's pretty realistic

I think he means the actual ponytail, which moves as one clump. I would be nice to see the ponytail move in different strands (Dead or Alive 4 style hair)
however,it isn't a necessity

Fallen.Angel
21-08-08, 01:41
I think he means the actual ponytail, which moves as one clump. I would be nice to see the ponytail move in different strands (Dead or Alive 4 style hair)
however,it isn't a necessity
Yepp, and I'm a she, haha. :)

It would be nice, but I'm not complaining. I'm not going to lie, I'm biased. I'll love Lara no matter what.

Just.tim
21-08-08, 01:48
have just seen a screenshot of lara on the boat

not happy jan.... it looks too washed out, like anniversary, legend had shadows and highlights, it looks all too bright

gothicca
21-08-08, 16:55
have just seen a screenshot of lara on the boat

not happy jan.... it looks too washed out, like anniversary, legend had shadows and highlights, it looks all too bright

You do have to take into account the conditions of said screenshot. Was it an actual screenshot, or a picture from a camera of a tv screen? And color will undoubtedly be fixed for final release.

Anarae
21-08-08, 21:04
Smooth out the animations and the combat and you're set to go. ;)

Fingers crossed about this storyline. Let's hope there's no parental drama, because I can't bare to see my dear Lara being Disney Princess again.

young Lara Croft
22-08-08, 08:27
Smooth out the animations and the combat and you're set to go. ;)

Fingers crossed about this storyline. Let's hope there's no parental drama, because I can't bare to see my dear Lara being Disney Princess again.

I agree too!:tmb:
Please don't dissapoint us ! Since you started this , it better be a good plot in the end !!!:(

Elysion
22-08-08, 08:28
and that means a lot of tough puzzles, unexpected enemies, less makeup and more fluid movements...

young Lara Croft
22-08-08, 08:34
and that means a lot of tough puzzles, unexpected enemies, less makeup and more fluid movements...

You are right! I wonder how the final product will turn out and if it has all the atributes CD was talking about!
I pleed for the game to be natural!!! I mean by fluidity and a certain feeling of huge enviromnents not to mention the plot and interaction between lara and other stuff.

RalKram
22-08-08, 08:41
Animations and Combat are the BIGGIES

Also, the game seems linear, but this is probably because we've only seen a small chunk of gameplay. Besides, not much you can really do about level design at this stage so we'll have to wait and see. But yeah....

Sort out the Animations and Combat. Smoother and slower will make the whole thing seem a lot more realistic and fun to play. It looks far to quick, rushed and jerky at the moment.

Also, as long as Reticules, White Ledges and any other form of clue or hint to level progression is optional, this game will be SU-****ING-PERB!!!!!!

young Lara Croft
22-08-08, 08:45
Also, as long as Reticules, White Ledges and any other form of clue or hint to level progression is optional, this game will be SU-****ING-PERB!!!!!!

WHite Ledges optional? :vlol: I wish!

Alex West
22-08-08, 08:48
I haven't posted in here for a very long time but with the new gameplay videos all over the place I just thought I'd lay out my 3 top things to focus on:

1. LARA: She needs to looks as realistic as her environment - she needs to become worthy to frolic around those beautifully detailed tombs. It may JUST be a case of a better skin texture or a less cartoony face though since the hair and outfit and body is all wonderful! :D

2. TRANSITIONS: The new animations themselves are, for the most part, a pleasure to see Lara doing but I think it Is the transitions between them that possibly give Lara that speedy flaily look that tends to suggest something of the amateur about her - she needs to be an expert! ;)

3. WATER: The swimming animations looks perfectly fine to me but Lara needs to have an effect on the water - ripples on the surface, bubbles underwater and the like. Not just What Could Lara Do but What Should Lara Do and that includes how she affects stuff I guess. :p

Otherwise, overall, I am a happy bunny! :)

just*raidin*tomb
22-08-08, 09:14
All hints optional please optional please. I mean all of them! I don't want no hint that there is an enemy nearby due to the stupid reticles pointing at nothing. Oh but look! It's on the other side of the wall. :rolleyes: Please, no mini-scenes showing the environment, I want to approach it myself and take it in with my control. AND NO SCENES INTRODUCING A TIGER APPROACHING YOU, or any other enemy. I was very dissapointed on the Underpus cutscene. Do you not want us to be scared CD? I want some freak-out moments. I want to be so afraid that I have to peek around a corner before proceeding. :)

danderson852
22-08-08, 11:52
Tomb Raider must be the most complained about game on this earth!!

petujaymz
23-08-08, 14:01
None of this 67% Complete business please. I don't want to know!

Keep a tally of relics/artefacts collected... that's fine, but knowing the final boss is just around the corner is a spoiler.

Think back to the likes of TRLR. Felt like it was never going to end. :tmb:

Rachel Croft
23-08-08, 23:13
Could we have a desktop Lara for TR:U?

Jumpman Junior
23-08-08, 23:17
HI CD. please put back all the great gameplay elements from the classics TR games. Like you did it Anniversary! It was so good.

PLease bring back Manual grab, having to carefully line up hard jumps, the music style! and more. Play the old games and you will know what I'm talking about. You already played them?... play them again!

VonCroy360
24-08-08, 15:17
This isn't really related to anything in the game itself, but I don't really think it deserved a separate thread. Anyway, if it's been filmed, and I'm sure it has, how about releasing a short "making of" video with Heidi Moneymaker, showing the process of motion capturing, or maybe including something like that in a new developer's diary?
I know it means almost nothing for the promotion, but it would be really interesting and I'm sure lot of fans would prefer that over yet another video of Alison just posing.

:)

KC Mraz
24-08-08, 16:57
Anyway, if it's been filmed, and I'm sure it has, how about releasing a short "making of" video with Heidi Moneymaker, showing the process of motion capturing, or maybe including something like that in a new developer's diary?

I'd love it :tmb:

Tombraiderx08
24-08-08, 20:45
omg out of all the gameplay videos ive seen when she first goes into the water then climbs out the ledge like sucks her right out of the water and onto it!!! that so bothers me thats like the most aggitating thing ive seen, nothing else about the gameplay or anything bothers me just this! This is so unrealistic come on cd what were you thinking?!?!?!?! http://************/view.php?pic=ajkoco&s=4 (sorry thats the best thing of it i could get)

Anarae
25-08-08, 06:38
HI CD. please put back all the great gameplay elements from the classics TR games. Like you did it Anniversary! It was so good.

PLease bring back Manual grab, having to carefully line up hard jumps, the music style! and more. Play the old games and you will know what I'm talking about. You already played them?... play them again!

Lining up difficult jumps in the classics was mostly due to the grid system. The grid system has been eliminated. Whilst it provides the challenge for those jumps, it also limits what you can do in a level, unfortunately. I don't see the jumps requiring the kind of accuracy and precision that the classics required.

Manual grab, on the other hand, can be done.

---
TRU Gameplay Problem
The new gameplay video shows Lara crawling out of the water and onto the platform/land. The land area is too high for Lara to grab, but she grabs onto it anyway. When she grabs on, the land jerks her out of the water and onto it in a choppy, unnatural way. Screenshot raw link is here (http://i37.************/2n09dhy.jpg) (resolution: 901x596).

You could solve the problem by making the land area sloping down towards the water more so when she grabs it, the platform isn't too high and the animation looks smoother. Or you could lower the platform. She'll pull up onto it naturally and then vault up onto the next section.

Easy peasy. :)

Crimson Tears
25-08-08, 15:46
Just to limit the amount of threads i though i'd make this, a suggestion to CD to what to include in the next game:

-CD keep the Legend engine it was fun and brilliant, optimise it a little and it will be perfect.

-The Mansion was great and the inside brought back memories, The outside was a little small but nice, Please please in TR8 expand it to Gardens, a Maze, and more rooms. Also let us see the front of the house.

-Keep Zip and Alistar and the Headset. This was an excellent addition and I love the characters. Let Winston do a bit more though, put him on the headset.

-Make the Tomb alot more dangerouse with fewer mercenries, more high falls and fatal deathtraps.

-Could u Make some refrences to past TR's. The Natla crates were funny and a nice easter egg.

-Make the Levels longer.

-More animals, wild creatures roaming about.

-Most importantly keep up the stnadards of TRL and u wont go wrong.:)

i also agree!
a few more things;
* add better vehicle sections such as driving a Jeep
* make it a little bit scarier
* explain what happened in tr4

You guys took the suggestions right outta my mouth. xD :tmb: I agree with everything you both said! :D

b2l
25-08-08, 16:33
well a little suggestion i have to make is. Ok we have to get to places in some way but make them different , not just normal ledges, maybe a tree branch like in rl temples (example like in tr movie ) maybe ornaments some estatue etc can hel her jumping from one to another. cracks in the wall , is an ancient place so cracks are there fr sure , make lara use them in her advantage , it should be more what can i usea to get there no what path they left for me... like in the past they wanted some one to use that.

_ush2_
26-08-08, 14:21
PLEASE MAKE ALOT OF LEVELS!! i don't want to buy a game that will finish my allowance just for 9 levels! i want some adventure some realism please! i dont want u to make it like UNCHARTED! i just wanna buy a great game that will please me!

trout11
26-08-08, 18:21
Make Lara jiggle more and show more Cleavage.. maybe even see through wet cloths.. Yippeeeeee!!!!

But seriously, Wink , Wink, nudge nudge,,,.... Have Lara fly a Helicopter through the Grand Canyons or Andes. So a flight simulator would be a nice added feature.:p

petujaymz
28-08-08, 17:00
Here's a very basic representation of what I'd like to see when it comes to Croft Manor.

Got a much more detailed plan in my 'ead...

http://img29.picoodle.com/data/img29/3/8/28/f_croftmanorm_ab3d2b7.jpg

Literally everywhere should be accessible, even the roof!

Lara should also have access to a quad bike or a horse.

EDIT - Suppose a kayak, motor boat or jet ski would be useful too.

just*raidin*tomb
29-08-08, 01:48
I could make a great big long list of "improvements" from what I've seen so far. I'm not going to because it would take forever. The only thing that looks good to me is the graphics, which I don't really care about. I figure you can guess how I feel about Underworld. Sorry, as of what i've seen so far... an EPIC fail. :o I'm trying to hold up to the last bit of hope that I have left. :)

Quasimodo
29-08-08, 01:51
Would it be possible for the PC version to have a built-in option for a PS2 controller (rather than/in addition to an option for a generic gamepad)? That'd be so much nicer than going through the hassle of programming each button.

TRhalloween
29-08-08, 23:26
Would it be possible for the PC version to have a built-in option for a PS2 controller (rather than/in addition to an option for a generic gamepad)? That'd be so much nicer than going through the hassle of programming each button.

That's why i don't bother with PC games.

I didn't know PS2 controllers were compatible with PCs.

danderson852
30-08-08, 21:25
petujaymz u have inspired me to do my own croft manor :)

Here's Outside

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/danderson852/Outside.jpg

Here's Inside Downstairs

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/danderson852/Downstairs.jpg

Here's Inside Upstairs

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/danderson852/Upstairs.jpg

Please let me know what you think (and quote) thx :)

TRhalloween
30-08-08, 21:27

Here's Outside

file:///C:/Users/David/Desktop/Outside.jpg

Here's Inside Downstairs

file:///C:/Users/David/Desktop/Downstairs.jpg

Here's Inside Upstairs

file:///C:/Users/David/Desktop/Upstairs.jpg

You should probably upload them on Tinypic :)

danderson852
30-08-08, 21:35
You should probably upload them on Tinypic :)

Thanks! Now u can actually see them lol

Flame
30-08-08, 21:35
It would be cool if you could walk around her garage :)

TRF
30-08-08, 22:45
If only we have a part of the road on the Manor Area, so we can take out one of the cars to drive in... Or a Motorbike.... That would be cool around the manor... :p

TRhalloween
30-08-08, 23:10

Here's Outside

Here's Inside Downstairs

Here's Inside Upstairs

That looks pretty good. :) I might try to make one of those blue print things.

danderson852
30-08-08, 23:40
If only we have a part of the road on the Manor Area, so we can take out one of the cars to drive in... Or a Motorbike.... That would be cool around manor... :p

Yea what a great idea!

No_more_bullets
31-08-08, 12:21
Old gun posture, won't take a lot to change + but means a lot to the fans = no excuse not to.

Manual grab option please, i loved it in anniversary.

No hint icons whatsoever. in TRA they popped up for grappling even though hints were turned off.

A more stern, unpredictable Lara. I preffered her when she was somewhat unaproachable, a loner.

Adult plot (with twists) and dialogue (see LOK). I can't help but feel trl & tra are kids games. I crave the more adult tone that AOD attempted to adhere to.

Utilize the understed art of subtlety (ICO and SOTC were huge, but because they refrained from showing off in an OTT way, the effect was all the more potent, and the expierience more vivid & exilirating)

Amazing mannor, with a forest and a lake in the grounds.

Anarae
01-09-08, 05:03
Hey, Crystal, it's me again. ;)

You know what would be super? As part of the unlockable content, you should include a .pdf copy of the novel that Tomb Raider 6 was based off of. Eidos probably owns the rights to it and it would be apppreciated by Tomb Raider collectors everywhere.

Actually, when you're doing unlockables, can we do less outfits and more classic? Outfits are great, but so are secret levels (ex: Gallows Tomb Raider 3) and unlockable weapons.

I read that we could choose the difficulty by speeding up or slowing down our enemies via options. That's a great idea. Hard Core Raiders are going to love this. :)

Marianna12
01-09-08, 16:35
C'mon guys! They shouldn't change anything! I just want them to continue the story of TRL with more levels. I don't want them to make it more scary! It's an action/adventure game not a horror film! I like when the game is easy and you don't have to wait 1 hour to find the solution for a puzzle!

silver_wolf
01-09-08, 16:39
Hey, Crystal, it's me again. ;)

You know what would be super? As part of the unlockable content, you should include a .pdf copy of the novel that Tomb Raider 6 was based off of. Eidos probably owns the rights to it and it would be apppreciated by Tomb Raider collectors everywhere.

Actually, when you're doing unlockables, can we do less outfits and more classic? Outfits are great, but so are secret levels (ex: Gallows Tomb Raider 3) and unlockable weapons.

I read that we could choose the difficulty by speeding up or slowing down our enemies via options. That's a great idea. Hard Core Raiders are going to love this. :)
what novel??

Anarae
01-09-08, 22:27
what novel??

“When we wrote this story, we wrote a book. This game is only the first few chapters of that book. This game opens a lot of doors, and only closes a few of them.” -Core, Making of Tomb Raider 6

This Old Raider would like to read the book. A lot of Tomb Raider collectors would be interested. They could make it unlockable, but the kind of unlockable that it would take a hard core raider to unlock it.

Examples:
-beating the game with all enemies on superfast
-beating it without using medipaks
-not using the help system

The unlockable could provide a download link where you can get online and enter a code to get a .pdf version instead of putting it on the PC CD disc. That way it wouldn't exclude PS3, XBOX360, and Wii users if they wanted to go online and get it when they beat the game. But the codes could be generated randomly, so you can't just get it off of another player, you have to actually beat the required challenge.

Just an idea.:D

Legend of Lara
01-09-08, 23:06
Please make Lara more realistic. I really want her to look like this!

http://i33.************/282jrt0.png

:p

I don't like whiners who keep ranting about how they should make her less skinny, more skinny, bigger chest, smaller chest, smexier legs, unsmexy legs etc. etc.

She's fine as she is!

Jumpman Junior
02-09-08, 04:52

OMG! :hea:

matrix54
02-09-08, 05:23
not special outfits per system.

te best outfits for anniversary were on the psp:(

i wanted every fricken outfit from the psp version. antactica, come on... a classic...:)

Anarae
02-09-08, 06:09
OMG! :hea:

Agreed. The further away from TRL, the happier a Raider I shall be.

indyfan
02-09-08, 17:45
might be better if the story was a bit dark though.
I also wish to see Kurtis back, I enjoyed playing as that charater in AOD

TRhalloween
02-09-08, 22:30
http://i33.************/egz3ao.gif

And the jeep could have a track or something.

Christian22179
03-09-08, 01:22
Here's my wish list.

1. Longer levels. The ones in TML were way too short. If I'm going to bother with Time Trials for instance, I want them to be last at LEAST 30 minutes long. 12 or 15 minutes is way too quick, that makes the levels feel all the smaller.

2. More levels! A lot more. TML can be completed in a day, which was very disappointing. I felt like I bought a half completed game. Or maybe a game that was only 25% completed...

3. Less cleavage and more pants for Lara. I hate this skimpy clothing she's always wearing (hated her Legend outfit). She's an archeologist, not a Super model! :(

4. Keep the headset and the chatter, loved it and I want more. For those who don't like it, have an option to turn it off.

5. Make cheats available at the start. I don't like having to beat a game first in order to get them.

6. Keep the bonoculars. But this time, don't make objects shiny, it makes the RAD mode useless. I want the objects and climbable rocks to blend in the environment, that way you HAVE to use the bonoculars and RAD mode in order to spot them.

7. Non-Linear levels. I like going where I wish and I like doing things in the order I wish to do them. I also want more than one solution to a puzzle or more than one way to beat a level.

8. Keep the constant cutscenes and FMV sequences. But for those who don't like a lot, build in an option in the game that allows the player to select "Less cutscenes". This means that any cutscenes not essential to the plot get cut out when playing the main storyline missions while keeping the ones that further the plot. Also, make the cutscenes give a clue or two to solve a puzzle later on.

9. I agree with the others on here about the hints, but only to an extent. I want an option to be able to turn them off and have NO hints in missions. But leave this option for newbies who never played a Tomb Raider game before.

10. Keep the outfits, make new ones.

11. More weapon choices. I want to see Lara wield a knife or different long range guns. Using the same ones from game to game gets boring.

12. Less humans, far less humans to fight. More animals, more diversity to animals, strange creatures, some dinosaurs, etc. And bring back the rats!

13. Coft Manor to have an outside with a workout course for Lara and a maze.

14. I'd like to see a mission take place at Croft Manor.

15. More underwater levels with the ability to shoot underwater and underwater animals to fight.

16. Continue the storyline from Legend. Answers need filling and I hate unsolved mysteries.

17. I don't know if it's just me but keep TR real. Going for weapon artifacts that are "magical" doesn't feel like a Tomb Raider game. This is Tomb Raider not Dungeons and Dragons (don't even get me started on the Dragon boss fight in Legend).

18. No more "city" levels. I agree with a previous poster on these boards. This is Tomb Raider not James Bond. England in Legend was fine, but Tokyo was over the top. Playing through a city didn't feel like Tomb Raider at all.

19. More diversity to missions. I want something more than "place object on pressure plate to get door or contraption to work". I want something that makes you "think", something challenging but not hard. I also want sub-missions, optional side quests for Lara to do just cause. The PDA was useless in Legend and I hardly ever used it. This time, make it a necessity.

20. A Map! Tomb Raider needs a map option, that way you know where you have been and what areas need exploring.

Sorry for the long list, had a lot of things I'd like to see.

indyfan
03-09-08, 14:40
I agree with some of them I would like to have some more vihechles than just a motor bike. Lara should be on a ATV, jeep or even boats like the preveous ones. Lara also should be able to attack on vehechles

elizard_9594
03-09-08, 15:07
i like these suggestions but i wanna add one of my own:

***Bring back the "Treasures room" in the mansion!!! you know the one where she goes and there's things from the other games?I WANT IT BACK!!!**

then i shall be happies. :D

Christian22179
03-09-08, 15:23
Right, the treasure room. I want that back too. It was awesome. So that's number 21 on my list and I forgot one thing. :D

#22: No cussing! Or at least keep it more watered down if it HAS to be in there. :cen:

Lee croft
03-09-08, 16:45
how about unlockable hair styles and please make it so she can have her hair down

TRhalloween
03-09-08, 17:54
Right, the treasure room. I want that back too. It was awesome. So that's number 21 on my list and I forgot one thing. :D

#22: No cussing! Or at least keep it more watered down if it HAS to be in there. :cen:

Lara Croft is a lady.:p Of course she won't swear.Only the 1990's-pre-TR1-Lara can swear and she got banned for it!

indyfan
03-09-08, 18:09
you mean like in AOD:p

TRhalloween
03-09-08, 18:13
you mean like in AOD:p

Nah I was just joking, I was making a reference to the Tomb Raider 1 concept art where she was holding two heads.She looks all grungy.

The only swears I heard her say in AoD were "Damn" and "Hell"
If those count.

fanoflaracroft
03-09-08, 18:15
1.Longer levels.
2.More realistic levels.
3.More interesting puzzles (not like legend).
4.Lara shoud have bigger ****:).
5.Destructable environments.
6.Levels with vehicles.

TRhalloween
03-09-08, 18:18
1.Longer levels.
2.More realistic levels.
3.More interesting puzzles (not like legend).
4.Lara shoud have bigger ****:).
5.Destructable environments.
6.Levels with vehicles.

NO! :smk:

indyfan
03-09-08, 18:23
sex appeal is what i don't like about Lara. I'm a guy but I still don't like it when the creators try to put sex appeal on her. I perfer women with natural sized ****:o not one with real big ones

fanoflaracroft
03-09-08, 18:27
But her ****:o are too small compared to anniversary.

indyfan
03-09-08, 18:31
that's big enough I don't want it any bigger

fanoflaracroft
03-09-08, 18:37
Ok. Now when i looked at some screenshots i realized they are not that small.
Maybe she is just getting older.

indyfan
03-09-08, 18:38
Lara's 1967 born does she ever get old? she should be retiring
How old is she in Legend anyway?

fanoflaracroft
03-09-08, 18:41
Lara's 1967 born does she ever get old? she should be retiring
How old is she in Legend anyway?
She must be around 39 in legend because it was in 2006.

indyfan
03-09-08, 18:55
she doesn't look that old plus her college year flashback where Amanda gets lost is mentioned as few years ago so Toby Gard might have set a new birth date for her

fanoflaracroft
03-09-08, 19:03
she doesn't look that old plus her college year flashback where Amanda gets lost is mentioned as few years ago so Toby Gard might have set a new birth date for her
There is probably no time in these games.She will be forever young and alive(at least if the games sell well)

indyfan
03-09-08, 19:39
i guess so

petujaymz
05-09-08, 14:54
Here's a very basic representation of what I'd like to see when it comes to Croft Manor.

Got a much more detailed plan in my 'ead...

http://img29.picoodle.com/data/img29/3/8/28/f_croftmanorm_ab3d2b7.jpg

Literally everywhere should be accessible, even the roof!

Lara should also have access to a quad bike or a horse.

EDIT - Suppose a kayak, motor boat or jet ski would be useful too.

Here's Outside

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/danderson852/Outside.jpg

Here's Inside Downstairs

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/danderson852/Downstairs.jpg

Here's Inside Upstairs

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/danderson852/Upstairs.jpg

I was thinking that the pool house could be replaced by a lake and that the gym could be replaced by a derelict folly.

I'd do away with those long connecting corridors within Croft Manor too. There's no need for them.

Croft Manor should be Lara's home, a virtual dolls' house. The training elements should be located outside, in an arena with a sandbox feel to it.

indyfan
05-09-08, 17:23
yeah every single place within the house should be accesible

Quasimodo
05-09-08, 19:15
yeah every single place within the house should be accesible

It is a bit of a tease to show us doors we can't open :p

indyfan
06-09-08, 02:34
agreed I really don't understand why they won't let Lara enter some doors. Or have waste time by opening doors that contains nothing interesting. I mean, it's her house, she should be able to go wherever she wants.

fanoflaracroft
06-09-08, 02:45
agreed I really don't understand why they won't let Lara enter some doors. Or have waste time by opening doors that contains nothing interesting. I mean, it's her house, she should be able to go wherever she wants.
Maybe she wants to bring the adventure into her house.

Zebra
06-09-08, 19:31
This is from the "Breaking Down The Fourth Wall (dimension)"-thread:

I personally love this fourth wall concept. Like an easter egg. Hideo Kojima has done this quite a lot in bonus MGS materials. I wouldn't like it too much though it it's in the game proper. Maybe in the manor it could work. I've always wanted to see current-gen Lara doing an interview, so maybe a good unlockable would be having a simulated interview with her in the manor with you asking the questions (about the story, behind-the-scenes process, etc.) while she addresses you through the screen.

This is an AMAZING idea!
It would be SO wonderful to have a Making Of like this. With a virtual interview with Lara and the Making Of clips inbetween!

GreekStud
06-09-08, 23:11
hi id rllllllllllly like for lara's mansion to be like the tomb raider movie evrything accessible and u can go evrywhere see her cars evry singleee bit of it and if its not to much it be nice if CD put those ropes in the middle of the mansion in like the tomb raider movie where lara could practice her acrobats,run on the walls,or when the bad guys came she was doing like matrix moves wich was rllly cool

UnderworldMan
07-09-08, 12:46
i also agree!
a few more things;
* add better vehicle sections such as driving a Jeep
* make it a little bit scarier
* explain what happened in tr4
yes, i want to know what heppened in tr4 too.
Also:
*slow her down a bit, when she climbs, she looks like a bug! its okay to be slow, that way you pay more attention to the environments.
*don't make her hair flow so much, when she walks, her hair is way behind her as if she were running or even driving fast.
*give a wide range of both weapons, and outfits. for example: grenade launcher, racket launcher, MP5K, M16, Colt .45, and the ever-so original, shotgun. and for the outfits, i would love to see: the home outfit from TR2, antarctica outfir from TR3, Tibet outfit from TR2, Nevada outfit from TR3, Angel of Darkness denim outfit, Legend outfit, Legend "torn-dress" outfit, and of course, the original outfit, but maybe with a little 21st century twist! and also, in some of the outfits, give lara a different hairstyle such as her braid or no style at all.

Hawke1000
07-09-08, 14:53
What ever you guys do, Please just don't get it made like Crysis which has an absurd Hardware rquirement, I expect TRU to be just as good in terms of system requirements as its predecessors were, they all had amazing graphics and were hardware friendly. :hug:

Anarae
07-09-08, 21:26
What ever you guys do, Please just don't get it made like Crysis which has an absurd Hardware rquirement, I expect TRU to be just as good in terms of system requirements as its predecessors were, they all had amazing graphics and were hardware friendly. :hug:

I'd like to see any PC specs at all. I can't decide which platform to order Underworld on. PC is my first choice, but if the requirements are whack, I'll pick a different platform. Keir was looking into it, but we haven't heard anything yet.

7DanielE
07-09-08, 22:47
get rid of zip and alster zip held wiston hostis com on

ggctuk
10-09-08, 10:06
Here's one - interchangeable inventories, with the weapons from all the games. You can choose which style of weapons to play with i.e. TR1 style would give you Pistols, Shotgun, Dual SMGs and .50 Caliber Pistols, TR2 would give harpoon gun etc... this should be interchangeable WITHIN THE GAME.

sandygrimm
13-09-08, 17:38
I personally want the Dessert Eagle gun to be among her arsenal. It is the best!!! :D You wouldn't need to cheat or set the game to finish faster

Anarae
13-09-08, 18:09
I personally want the Dessert Eagle gun to be among her arsenal. It is the best!!! :D You wouldn't need to cheat or set the game to finish faster

I'm almost certain the Desert Eagle has been confirmed.

sandygrimm
14-09-08, 13:55
I'm almost certain the Desert Eagle has been confirmed.

Realy? AWESOME! :D
Any idea if it is going to have blood? like in TR1,2,3 ...?:D Because it is rated 16,
hoping it will make it more realistic:jmp:

Anarae
14-09-08, 16:58
Realy? AWESOME! :D
Any idea if it is going to have blood? like in TR1,2,3 ...?:D Because it is rated 16,
hoping it will make it more realistic:jmp:

Yep, there's blood.

TRexbait
14-09-08, 23:46
CD: I have only one thing to say to you guys. If your enemies have projectile attack (i.e..: mummies, atlantean mutants) don't show us wherethey will hit with sparkels, if at all. If you show us where the projectile will hit, at the very most, make it a shodow or something...

Otherwise, fantastic game guys. Just polish it a bit and you'll have yourselves a ringer. :tmb:

sandygrimm
16-09-08, 18:33
Yep, there's blood.

how about different munitions for the weapons..like in TR4? :D

ClassicCroft
16-09-08, 19:09
Youre so right :d

TRexbait
16-09-08, 20:55
OOOOHHH. I forgot about the differentmunitions for weapons. And check the poles people at CD, they are some o the most reliable formsof seeing wether or not people want something...

Larapink
16-09-08, 21:04
Maybe for TR9 or TR10 or even later....:mis:

Since Underworld is now most likely in the finalizing stages, so it's a little bit too late for sugestions.

TR love
17-09-08, 08:33
.An optional pair of sunglasses that you have from the start, with special features. ooh the lenses should be able to change colour!

ill put some more in when i can think of them XD

Just.tim
17-09-08, 09:09
i think its too late to be making suggestions now..

my only suggestion for tombraider underworld to crystal dynamics

RELEASE THE GAME

indyfan
21-09-08, 15:20
hell right dude!!!!!:D

Anarae
21-09-08, 16:29
how about different munitions for the weapons..like in TR4? :D

No idea, but it's unlikely. I know there's a submachine gun, desert eagle, pistols, tranq gun, and sticky grenades. There might be a harpoon gun, but I'm not sure on anything else.

indyfan
25-09-08, 13:05
are the weapons you listed surely gonna come on TRU?

john_york
25-09-08, 13:45
No idea, but it's unlikely. I know there's a submachine gun, desert eagle, pistols, tranq gun, and sticky grenades. There might be a harpoon gun, but I'm not sure on anything else.

The only ones I know about are dual SMGs, pistols, shotgun, tranq gun, sticky grenades, harpoon gun. Where/when was a desert eagle confirmed?

ColdCaseDetK
26-09-08, 01:46
Make Lara more human-like. Graphics wise. ;)

indyfan
26-09-08, 16:11
make her personality more innocent

TRhalloween
26-09-08, 16:12
make her personality more innocent

That would upset allot of people btw

DA MAIN MAN
26-09-08, 21:16
Of which I am one:D

indyfan
27-09-08, 13:39
well it won't upset me:ton:

I like the nice Lara not the dark one

Chug a Bug
28-09-08, 11:41
Next generation graphics! :p

indyfan
28-09-08, 18:10
it's too obvious that it'll have nex gen graphics

krycekuva
28-09-08, 19:13
maybe they could try to alternate some of the movements,... make Lara have 2 or 3 different jumps. for example, while jumping from a pole , the TRU jump looks great, but even better would be if alternate with some of the TRL and TRA ones... its not like they would need to do them all over again.. just recycling them.
same for hanging, or ledge jumping/hopping... they could alternate as well between the fast TRL and the slower TRA ones... those plus the TRU, and so on...
giving the chance to see the same thing always different does give the impression of having a next gen game in our hands... why not to use it....

try adding small details, like animals watching you from a distant tree, outside of the playable area....

indyfan
29-09-08, 17:33
hell yeah!!! that'd be much more realistic!!!!:jmp:

Poke Warrior
29-09-08, 17:36
Lots of outfits!!! XD

sandygrimm
29-09-08, 19:29
Give her a break, poor girl, runs around the world and has no time for a decent hairdoo :p or a glass of water :vlol:

indyfan
29-09-08, 19:31
also, don't let her show so much skin, she not a stripper

Stel4eto
30-09-08, 02:32
CD guys, I havenít posted here for a long timeÖAnd now itís time:D. First, I must say that I havenít been in two minds about a game ever. Some times when I see something I quite like it, but some other times I just hate everything. But overall the game looks and feels nothing spectacular, I just hope that the story combined with the music will fix that. Pieces of the story, speaking of it, show that the game is not going to be good and is going to be very stupid like its predecessor, but I really hope Iíll be proofed wrong. The things I desire to see, beside a great story, are:
- bringing back Laraís model from the first pre-alpha stage (the first pics we've got from Mexico) Ė her face and her arm muscle definition. To the pc version at least, I know that the consoles can have that along with the great and big environments. But this model was absolutely great! Donít waste it! Itís just how this particular character must look like. It captures it all. Every machine that is going to run TRU is going to have a special feature, why not make this Lara a special feature for the pc gamers;
- Lara must swim slower, the speed she is doing it is ridiculous and irritating because of that Ė dripping the game quality down;
- make Laraís muscle to move when sheís moving (to joggle). This will be fantastic and totally blowing off some of the other games out there;
- a lot of dust Ė a lot!!!! And pieces of wall and stone breaking off and falling along with some dust when Lara is traversing a ledge or stepping at an edge;
- I quite donít like the sensitive stepping forward system, where Lara doesnít even make a step, just move forward. Please get rid of that, make her do a proper step;
- a lot of fog\mist\vapour, especially in Mexico, it will add a lot to the atmosphere (like low clouds, I donít know how to say it in English). Itís gonna make the level feel absolutely remarkable and breathtaking;
- slow down the water that is moving down those steps in the last vignette - the one in Mexico (and everywhere else of course in this matter), itís annoying as hell;
- please make it a player-tailor option to get over small obstacles automatically. I want at least to press interact when I want to jump over a big stone. The games are for playing not watching. When the game does everything for me, I donít identify with the character, which is bad cause it takes you away from the other great stuff in it;
- I see the so called ďwhite ledgesĒ are still in the game, but I hope in the last minute they are changed to broken rocks and cracks. That will rule, making the game a real jewel cause it would be different. The most important thing for a game to be a hit is it to be different. Make it CD! Youíve made with LoK, you can make with TR. I know some extremely talented and hard-working men and women are in your team! You have it all to make your little gamie a masterpiece:tmb:;
- please disguise these poles like something. Make your game unique, which can not be made with visible poles (which again take from the beauty and the feel of the game) but with clever design. Make them parts of the ruins Ė semi destructed arches, thin wall pieces, metal bars like these used in the building process where is appropriate / or vegetation Ė branches, stems or just Lara to use her grapple. Speaking of which get rid of the golden. Make the rings plane, at least to be part of the player-tailoring.
- the bricks she is climbing are ridiculous! Why donít you disguise them as bigger rocks \ vegetation? Iíve seen a picture with the same thing but with valves Ė boring and stupid. Just make some of the tubes climbable and delete some of the valves. That way the effect will be 150 % better. Just extrude some of them a little or make a vertical small one connecting two close horizontal tubes, so she can step on it Ė little intractable objects (tubes in particular) which look like the background spread among the current ones (valves);
- some crazy angles in the adrenaline moments, so they are tough and cool as hell;
- and I didnít notice if there is a grip limit or if Lara can get tired. Please put it in there if it hasnít been already. That way it will compensate the speed of the game and raise the fear factor, cause then Lara will be more vulnerable and no one wants to die.

ALL OF THESE COME WITH ONE BIG ďPLEASEĒ!!!!!!! THE GAME IS GOING TO BE EXCEPTIONAL IF YOU ADD THEM:jmp:, at least for me. They are not in a specific order, but at least I insist on the dust, fog, speed of swimming, the ďsteppingĒ and the speed of the rain water moving down the stone steps, on the climbing as well. The others would be great if are considered, but I understand you had quite a difficult time thinking what to do with the pole issue. It adds variety to the gameplay, but takes away the magic of being alone, which TR is all about. You should have dropped it in the beginning, but no matter, it still can be fixed at least with Lara placing poles around;).

I really hope that the people can enjoy your game, so you will be happy of what youíve accomplished. I must thank all your team for working so closely with the public and reading through post like mine, thinking what would make me and other consumers happy. And nothing would make me happier than seeing these things in the game;), cause then I will have more than a great game in my hand.

Thanks, CD, and I wish you luck with this and your future products.:hug:Bye

PBARBERE6
30-09-08, 03:04
^^Wow thats alot of typing :D and some very good poins to

Natasha
30-09-08, 14:36
Personally speaking, I think TRU looks pretty damn good so far.

I actually wish that perhaps she would move back into the old mansion from TR 123.

But bigger and better with lots and lots of secrets *not generic crests or silver elephants* I mean like the treasure room, secret cutscenes.

Lara's home should be a place to laugh and have fun *since the story looks to be pretty dark and wicked*

Training area was good in legend and annie, but I would LOVE it if by each level you unlock new doors and new areas.

Dun't killl meee D:

I just miss TR3's mansion so much, it was so cozy looking with all the wood furnishings, I think the new mansion *which is cool don't get me wrong* ain't homely enough.

sandygrimm
30-09-08, 14:47
Personally speaking, I think TRU looks pretty damn good so far.

I actually wish that perhaps she would move back into the old mansion from TR 123.

nooo, those mansions are horrible

indyfan
30-09-08, 14:53
they were ok and what if there was an obstacle course like the one from TR123

daventry
01-10-08, 07:35
Please get rid of Time Trials Crystal, especially since TRU is so big and they are useless.

Get rid of Lara bobbing head, make her look one way and please fix the way lara points into nothing

indyfan
01-10-08, 14:35
but more relics please (not in a secret place, somewhere you can easily find)

bivvy
03-10-08, 19:49
i happen to like zip and alister, i'd like it hugely if cd expanded the role of both characters. people seem too harsh on them. although i will agree on quitting the hints and clues woven into their speech.

crystal d's puzzles are lowering themselves to boring and downright repetitive. i also noticed a lot pressure puzzles, they are truly annoying. (bolivia, peru and england.)

Levels need to be non-linear, brain-racking and generously long. I'm a big fan on levels where you can take optional routes, shortcuts and even pathways. If I get lost on a level, then it's likely that i'll get a general sense of satisfaction when completing it. :jmp:

more underwater action, and i'd really LOVE IT if some unlockables offered secret levels and such.

we'll just have to kindly wait, folks.

Evan C.
03-10-08, 19:51
Make her slow down,she walks fast and run as hell!
Really,going so fast makes the game shorter :(

TRhalloween
03-10-08, 20:00
CD guys, I haven’t posted here for a long time…And now it’s time:D. First, I must say that I haven’t been in two minds about a game ever. Some times when I see something I quite like it, but some other times I just hate everything. But overall the game looks and feels nothing spectacular, I just hope that the story combined with the music will fix that. Pieces of the story, speaking of it, show that the game is not going to be good and is going to be very stupid like its predecessor, but I really hope I’ll be proofed wrong. The things I desire to see, beside a great story, are:
- bringing back Lara’s model from the first pre-alpha stage (the first pics we've got from Mexico) – her face and her arm muscle definition. To the pc version at least, I know that the consoles can have that along with the great and big environments. But this model was absolutely great! Don’t waste it! It’s just how this particular character must look like. It captures it all. Every machine that is going to run TRU is going to have a special feature, why not make this Lara a special feature for the pc gamers;
- Lara must swim slower, the speed she is doing it is ridiculous and irritating because of that – dripping the game quality down;
- make Lara’s muscle to move when she’s moving (to joggle). This will be fantastic and totally blowing off some of the other games out there;
- a lot of dust – a lot!!!! And pieces of wall and stone breaking off and falling along with some dust when Lara is traversing a ledge or stepping at an edge;
- I quite don’t like the sensitive stepping forward system, where Lara doesn’t even make a step, just move forward. Please get rid of that, make her do a proper step;
- a lot of fog\mist\vapour, especially in Mexico, it will add a lot to the atmosphere (like low clouds, I don’t know how to say it in English). It’s gonna make the level feel absolutely remarkable and breathtaking;
- slow down the water that is moving down those steps in the last vignette - the one in Mexico (and everywhere else of course in this matter), it’s annoying as hell;
- please make it a player-tailor option to get over small obstacles automatically. I want at least to press interact when I want to jump over a big stone. The games are for playing not watching. When the game does everything for me, I don’t identify with the character, which is bad cause it takes you away from the other great stuff in it;
- I see the so called “white ledges” are still in the game, but I hope in the last minute they are changed to broken rocks and cracks. That will rule, making the game a real jewel cause it would be different. The most important thing for a game to be a hit is it to be different. Make it CD! You’ve made with LoK, you can make with TR. I know some extremely talented and hard-working men and women are in your team! You have it all to make your little gamie a masterpiece:tmb:;
- please disguise these poles like something. Make your game unique, which can not be made with visible poles (which again take from the beauty and the feel of the game) but with clever design. Make them parts of the ruins – semi destructed arches, thin wall pieces, metal bars like these used in the building process where is appropriate / or vegetation – branches, stems or just Lara to use her grapple. Speaking of which get rid of the golden. Make the rings plane, at least to be part of the player-tailoring.
- the bricks she is climbing are ridiculous! Why don’t you disguise them as bigger rocks \ vegetation? I’ve seen a picture with the same thing but with valves – boring and stupid. Just make some of the tubes climbable and delete some of the valves. That way the effect will be 150 % better. Just extrude some of them a little or make a vertical small one connecting two close horizontal tubes, so she can step on it – little intractable objects (tubes in particular) which look like the background spread among the current ones (valves);
- some crazy angles in the adrenaline moments, so they are tough and cool as hell;
- and I didn’t notice if there is a grip limit or if Lara can get tired. Please put it in there if it hasn’t been already. That way it will compensate the speed of the game and raise the fear factor, cause then Lara will be more vulnerable and no one wants to die.

ALL OF THESE COME WITH ONE BIG “PLEASE”!!!!!!! THE GAME IS GOING TO BE EXCEPTIONAL IF YOU ADD THEM:jmp:, at least for me. They are not in a specific order, but at least I insist on the dust, fog, speed of swimming, the “stepping” and the speed of the rain water moving down the stone steps, on the climbing as well. The others would be great if are considered, but I understand you had quite a difficult time thinking what to do with the pole issue. It adds variety to the gameplay, but takes away the magic of being alone, which TR is all about. You should have dropped it in the beginning, but no matter, it still can be fixed at least with Lara placing poles around;).

I really hope that the people can enjoy your game, so you will be happy of what you’ve accomplished. I must thank all your team for working so closely with the public and reading through post like mine, thinking what would make me and other consumers happy. And nothing would make me happier than seeing these things in the game;), cause then I will have more than a great game in my hand.

Thanks, CD, and I wish you luck with this and your future products.:hug:Bye

tl/dr

But I disagree with the parts that I read.
Bring pre-alpha prune Lara back?
Move slowly in water?

I don't like adrenalin dodge.

But you still made good points :)

Woo my 1000th post!:jmp: :yah:

TRexbait
05-10-08, 23:27
CD, you're doing great, but it's getting down to the wire now and you still have fix these things:

Cartoony lara, make here look more realistic
White ledges, get rid of them, they ruin the ambience in the kraken lair
Fast animation, nobody can move that fast, slow dpwn the animations
Make lara swim a bit slower, she's faster than Phelps

shanqz
06-10-08, 02:07
CD...you are doing great, but i think if you want the obvious white ledges so that a wide range of players can play the game, let it be a part of "player tayloring" so that people who want to play an "EASY" game will turn them on....:)

and players like us will let them be off!....:D

watcha say guys?

takamotosan
06-10-08, 20:40
give all platforms dlc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loser66
06-10-08, 21:35
Wish the game had some more challenge. TRL was barely difficult at all, and TRA only improved a little since TRL's release. The backgrounds were great, but it's just you move from one room to another so quickly that you barely have time to observe all of this beauty. So...

1. Make the game longer and worry about details later.
2. Make Lara's moves a little slower so the game isn't that fast.
3. Give more moves to Lara, so players can try out different combinations to kill an enemy.
4. Nothing stressful; I've noticed some things happen in TRA that prevent you from getting to the next level.
5. No shortcuts. Every different path leading to one specific area should be equally long.
6. Acrobatics should be used to complete puzzles. For example...tumbling should be used at a certain spot to reach a hard-to-reach ledge.
7. G. R. O. W. L. PLEASE!!! They nearly blinded me because they were so bright (just kidding, but they actually did burn my eyes a little).
8. More epic puzzles like in TR4. I look at walkthroughs of TR4 on YouTube and the puzzles in that game are very clever and are nearly impossible to me.
9. No more adrenaline dodges. This just sped up the killing process, and sometimes when I fight packs of enemies, the blur makes me falter a bit.
10. Puzzles that involve Lara doing death defying stunts.
11. Smoother moves (irrelevent, but I decided to put it here anyways :P). When Lara does the climbing moves, she makes so many sharp jerks with her leg.
12. Objects used to complete puzzles should make you think, "What the hell do I do with this?" In TRA, as soon as you pick up the cog, you immediately think that it's for the enormous gears on the other side of the room. If you pick up, say, a golden idol, you'd probably not know what to do with it.
13. More interaction with the environment. In TRL, you could shoot the little exclamation points, to cause rockslides, like in the first level. Perhaps in TRU, Lara can pull down crumbling pillars to drop stones on enemies. This will facilitate the process of killing enemies, but some vital location of the pillar might have fallen that involves you getting to the top of something.
14. No more choosing difficulties. TRU should have a fixed difficulty level.
15. Disguised ledges. For example, in TR3: The Lost Artifact, in the last level, there were these green blocks that could only be seen if you pull out a flare. It would be SOO awesome if something like this were to be put in TRU.
16. A smooth difficulty curve. In TRL, the game started out super easy, and then it ended up just a tad harder.
17. Less visible traps. Traps should also be well disguised because the dart traps in the first levels of TRA were so easy to dodge that I thought, "That's it?". And I thought TR4 was hard. What I want are hidden bottom-less pits and stone bricks that you step on that trigger a certain trap.
18. Traps or monsters that scare the hell out of you. I barely touched TR5 since a lion pounced me in one of the first levels.
19. This isn't really about the gameplay, but the gameplay trailers should reveal less of the puzzles, because just looking at the TRA trailers, alone, I finished the game in about a couple of hours.
20. Events that cause you to scream for more! After looking at one of the TRU trailers, I've felt this way for weeks.

indyfan
07-10-08, 01:57
i agree on part of it

Evan C.
07-10-08, 03:48
DLC for every plataform :D

shanqz
07-10-08, 04:09
all palyers should be treated important or all should be treated like crap!

no partiality....:mad:

sheavsey
07-10-08, 07:20
So I've just heard that there will be bonus downloadable levels for TRU. Does that mean that there will be a Tomb Raider Underworld: Gold?

sheavsey
07-10-08, 08:47
Here are some suggestions I bet no one has thought of:

Ditch the Jeeps. Lara would never drive one. She's a Land Rover Gal, I bet.
Have her Aston Martin appear. Not as a playable car - that would look like a rip off of the Bond games. Perhaps a cameo as her car when she is visiting a museum?
Visit a museum. Lara never seems to do that; it would make the games so much more believable, though. Having some sort of Marcus Brody archetype would be good, too.
I know they are going for an "orchestral" feel for the soundtrack, so hows about using an actual orchestra! It ups the quality so much, and it was arguably the best thing about the mediocre Angel of Darkness.
Legend did a great job of introducing Amelia Croft - so go in depth! We're always hearing references to Richard Croft and meeting his old friends, and now we want to know more about Lara's mum!
Put in some educational value! Aside from Indiana Jones, Lara is the person people would most want to get a history lesson from. Anniversary was really good for this, because artifacts like the Kero Mug were real-world, and had real-world descriptions, but no one had to read them. It would be great if they incorporated this type of thing into the story, but didn't make i too boring, of course. Heck, it would even be a good idea to introduce non-fiction books in the vein of the "Indiana Jones Explores..." series that Lucas did back in the early nineties.
Show us how a real Tomb Raider would behave! Put realistic real-world spelunking archaeological and scuba equipment in the game, and show us the sort of methods real archaeologists would use.
Lastly, this doesn't directly relate to the game, but I would really like to see more than pictures from Alison Carroll. When Eidos announced Karima, I thought we would be seeing short films, obstacle courses, you know, hands on things. And Karima missed out! Alison says she wants to get into films, and be an action heroine, so let her! She is a gymnast, so she can handle it.

indyfan
07-10-08, 14:05
let her ride ATV just like in TR3 (known as quad bikes also)

laras garden
07-10-08, 15:09
Hmm how bout DLC for all platforms.... hm?

TRhalloween
07-10-08, 15:10
all palyers should be treated important or all should be treated like crap!

no partiality....:mad:

Hopefully, the former.

tidusffxwakka
07-10-08, 18:52
two player levels with screen split in half so u can race ur friends

Trigger_happy
07-10-08, 20:50
A demo for the PS3 would be nice...

kyo
07-10-08, 21:16

i agree...

daventry
07-10-08, 22:27
A Demo for the PC would be nice please.

Billy959
07-10-08, 22:35

I agree:)

loser66
07-10-08, 23:31
Wish the game had some more challenge. TRL was barely difficult at all, and TRA only improved a little since TRL's release. The backgrounds were great, but it's just you move from one room to another so quickly that you barely have time to observe all of this beauty. So...

1. Make the game longer and worry about details later.
2. Make Lara's moves a little slower so the game isn't that fast.
3. Give more moves to Lara, so players can try out different combinations to kill an enemy.
4. Nothing stressful; I've noticed some things happen in TRA that prevent you from getting to the next level.
5. No shortcuts. Every different path leading to one specific area should be equally long.
6. Acrobatics should be used to complete puzzles. For example...tumbling should be used at a certain spot to reach a hard-to-reach ledge.
7. G. R. O. W. L. PLEASE!!! They nearly blinded me because they were so bright (just kidding, but they actually did burn my eyes a little).
8. More epic puzzles like in TR4. I look at walkthroughs of TR4 on YouTube and the puzzles in that game are very clever and are nearly impossible to me.
9. No more adrenaline dodges. This just sped up the killing process, and sometimes when I fight packs of enemies, the blur makes me falter a bit.
10. Puzzles that involve Lara doing death defying stunts.
11. Smoother moves (irrelevent, but I decided to put it here anyways :P). When Lara does the climbing moves, she makes so many sharp jerks with her leg.
12. Objects used to complete puzzles should make you think, "What the hell do I do with this?" In TRA, as soon as you pick up the cog, you immediately think that it's for the enormous gears on the other side of the room. If you pick up, say, a golden idol, you'd probably not know what to do with it.
13. More interaction with the environment. In TRL, you could shoot the little exclamation points, to cause rockslides, like in the first level. Perhaps in TRU, Lara can pull down crumbling pillars to drop stones on enemies. This will facilitate the process of killing enemies, but some vital location of the pillar might have fallen that involves you getting to the top of something.
14. No more choosing difficulties. TRU should have a fixed difficulty level.
15. Disguised ledges. For example, in TR3: The Lost Artifact, in the last level, there were these green blocks that could only be seen if you pull out a flare. It would be SOO awesome if something like this were to be put in TRU.
16. A smooth difficulty curve. In TRL, the game started out super easy, and then it ended up just a tad harder.
17. Less visible traps. Traps should also be well disguised because the dart traps in the first levels of TRA were so easy to dodge that I thought, "That's it?". And I thought TR4 was hard. What I want are hidden bottom-less pits and stone bricks that you step on that trigger a certain trap.
18. Traps or monsters that scare the hell out of you. I barely touched TR5 since a lion pounced me in one of the first levels.
19. This isn't really about the gameplay, but the gameplay trailers should reveal less of the puzzles, because just looking at the TRA trailers, alone, I finished the game in about a couple of hours.
20. Events that cause you to scream for more! After looking at one of the TRU trailers, I've felt this way for weeks.

After looking at the latest Beneath the Surface trailer, I'd probably reconsider some things right now.

3. Yay! We're gonna be able to interact with enemies more!
6. Just looked at the teaser trailer with Natla's voice at the end. I loved how you had to swan dive to get across the trap. :P
18. That lizard that crawled up the wall towards Lara was kinda creepy.

just*raidin*tomb
08-10-08, 02:28

i agree...

I agree:)

At least some people aren't "ranting like mindless baboons".:)

It's nice to see people asking nicely...:o

oh, btw, two player Tomb Raider? 1 word- EW!:confused:

hazelam
08-10-08, 14:56

damn straight.

how much did m$ pay for that?
is it worth all the sales you'll be losing over this and the dlc rubbish?

or are cd maybe another one of those devs who lay the blame for their laziness on the cell processor? like that small moon gabe newel.

indyfan
09-10-08, 08:54
how do they make demos for ps3?

bivvy
09-10-08, 19:39
Here are some suggestions I bet no one has thought of:

Ditch the Jeeps. Lara would never drive one. She's a Land Rover Gal, I bet.
Have her Aston Martin appear. Not as a playable car - that would look like a rip off of the Bond games. Perhaps a cameo as her car when she is visiting a museum?
Visit a museum. Lara never seems to do that; it would make the games so much more believable, though. Having some sort of Marcus Brody archetype would be good, too.
I know they are going for an "orchestral" feel for the soundtrack, so hows about using an actual orchestra! It ups the quality so much, and it was arguably the best thing about the mediocre Angel of Darkness.
Legend did a great job of introducing Amelia Croft - so go in depth! We're always hearing references to Richard Croft and meeting his old friends, and now we want to know more about Lara's mum!
Put in some educational value! Aside from Indiana Jones, Lara is the person people would most want to get a history lesson from. Anniversary was really good for this, because artifacts like the Kero Mug were real-world, and had real-world descriptions, but no one had to read them. It would be great if they incorporated this type of thing into the story, but didn't make i too boring, of course. Heck, it would even be a good idea to introduce non-fiction books in the vein of the "Indiana Jones Explores..." series that Lucas did back in the early nineties.
Show us how a real Tomb Raider would behave! Put realistic real-world spelunking archaeological and scuba equipment in the game, and show us the sort of methods real archaeologists would use.
Lastly, this doesn't directly relate to the game, but I would really like to see more than pictures from Alison Carroll. When Eidos announced Karima, I thought we would be seeing short films, obstacle courses, you know, hands on things. And Karima missed out! Alison says she wants to get into films, and be an action heroine, so let her! She is a gymnast, so she can handle it.

I agree with every single thing you said there, except the Land Rover comment. :D

NikOolazzz
11-10-08, 13:12
I belive that what makes the game atractive are those litlle detailes.I think it would be cool if Lara's hair got untied at some point in the game, also I think there should be much more outfits!!!there were so litlle in aneversary. Also a bigger mansion. And I want Alister and Zip!!!

Croftfan12
11-10-08, 18:55
how do they make demos for ps3?

I guess you could download the demo online.

Croftfan12
11-10-08, 18:58
I belive that what makes the game atractive are those litlle detailes.I think it would be cool if Lara's hair got untied at some point in the game, also I think there should be much more outfits!!!there were so litlle in aneversary. Also a bigger mansion. And I want Alister and Zip!!!

A bigger mansion would be nice and I liked the way her hair looked during the Japan level in Legend. I would also like to have Alister and Zip back in the game. I don't know why some people don't want them back. They help a lot in some areas where you might get stuck. A new playable character would be great, too.

TRexbait
11-10-08, 20:00
^ Please don't double post. :wve:
And the reason why many people don't like Zip in alister i because they help out. It annoys the veteran players/those-who-like-hard-core-challenges who like to figure things out for themselves, Zip and Alister kinda ruined that.
As for the playable character, maybe, (I'm an AOD lover. ;) )

CD: DLC for all platforms please, or at least for the one that almost everybody people has anyways (PC, or any other type of computer. )

Troy
11-10-08, 20:03
They need to take out the RAD bincolulars and Zip and Alistar. The RAD is kind of dumb and Zip and Alistar are kind of annoying.

Anarae
11-10-08, 20:31
They need to take out the RAD bincolulars and Zip and Alistar. The RAD is kind of dumb and Zip and Alistar are kind of annoying.

They don't need to remove the boys, they just need to use them less often.

^ Please don't double post. :wve:
And the reason why many people don't like Zip in alister i because they help out. It annoys the veteran players/those-who-like-hard-core-challenges who like to figure things out for themselves, Zip and Alister kinda ruined that.
As for the playable character, maybe, (I'm an AOD lover. ;) )

CD: DLC for all platforms please, or at least for the one that almost everybody people has anyways (PC, or any other type of computer. )

I'm hoping that Lara's Shadow is Kurtis, but hell hasn't frozen over yet, so...

It's probably Amanda.

Quasimodo
11-10-08, 20:54
What if Lara's Shadow is some crazed fan that wants to be her?

McGloomy
11-10-08, 21:10
No exclusive downloadable content perhaps? :rolleyes:

tampi
12-10-08, 12:56
Interactive music as in De Blob game. If Lara increase the level of her movements, music could accompany Lara. Basically with tribal or drum sounds (I think that kind of music would be fine). When Lara stopped her movements or suffers a fall music slow down if she several chaining together several redouble music.:)

KC Mraz
12-10-08, 13:04
Don't forget that Undeprus easter egg we (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=127021)'ve been talking about. He's made of epic, make him the next Companion Cube :wve:

Croftfan12
12-10-08, 15:55

True, RAD isn't really nessecary at any point in the game and CD wasted their time doing that instead of making the game better.

Troy
12-10-08, 16:01
They also need to make more non linear paths. In the older games, I would get lost because I didn't know where to exactly go. It was a perfect atmosphere. It made you feel like you were lost.

TRLara Croft
12-10-08, 20:53
Alright changes:

I agree that the game should be harder but I don't know about the whole one shot to Lara and boom she's dead. I love challenge, don't get me wrong, but there is no way any one would play if you died over 20 times in the first 5 minutes of combat.

Make the puzzles harder. The whole look a crate, lets put it on that pressure plate two feet away thing has got to go! ANd no more here's a key now go open a door. I like complex puzzles... ones that get your mind going.

The game NEEDS to be longer. But not so long that I can't finish it because of school. A few weeks or even a month would be nice. Something more then just a few days.

Keep the headset! Lose some talking though. I loved hearing Lara's voice and don't really want to get rid of that. Zip and Allister - I'm glad they are still in the game but I don't want to hear them over and over. A few comments to help on those really big levels is okay but not every time Lara does a freaking back flip.

Make the levels longer. I didn't like how I could finish Japan in 5 minutes. It was just too short and the whole sence of exploration was gone. I love the raiding so make the tombs, bigger, scarier, and funner.

I really want to see mroe of the mansion. Anniversary was nice but even more then a little maze. Race tracks, agility courses.... Yeah... That'd be fun.

Can't wait to see Underworld! I'm still holding my breath waiting for it.:hug:

loser66
12-10-08, 23:31
Lara should die more realistically, and so should other mercenaries.

Lara was all floppy when she died in TRL/TRA, and don't even get me started about TRAOD...

Also, I agree with the above post.

Anarae
13-10-08, 01:53
Underworld is pretty much in the bag right now and being polished up. So let's talk about the future. Hopefully TRU's success will mean that CD can take a break from releasing Tomb Raiders every year or two and release some other titles.

And to be frank, when the 15th Anniversary of TR rolls around, instead of doing a TRII revamp -- how about someone dig their hands back into the Angel of Darkness story? I know, I know ... woe and all the failure, right? That's kind of the point. The poor thing gets loads of flack for merely existing. It deserves a little redemption. And come on, it'll be fun. :mis:

Lara should die more realistically, and so should other mercenaries.
Lara was all floppy when she died in TRL/TRA, and don't even get me started about TRAOD...
Also, I agree with the above post.
TR6 was hilarious. She was like a convulsing rag doll. There's this area in the graveyard where you can jump off and land on the fence. And Lara hangs off the fence by her knees and then falls to the ground in a weird, twisted heap.

Tombraiderx08
13-10-08, 02:17
Enemies shouldnt get stunned when they get shot (like the mercs in legend) :)

PBARBERE6
13-10-08, 13:23
no exclusive downloadable content perhaps? :rolleyes:

best idia ever :D

KC Mraz
13-10-08, 13:25
And to be frank, when the 15th Anniversary of TR rolls around, instead of doing a TRII revamp -- how about someone dig their hands back into the Angel of Darkness story? I know, I know ... woe and all the failure, right? That's kind of the point. The poor thing gets loads of flack for merely existing. It deserves a little redemption. And come on, it'll be fun. :mis:

If they give Janice a bigger role, we have a deal ;) :p

Altistar
13-10-08, 15:53
I like the new idea of Lara having a GPS device and being able to record her travels! That's a great idea. I would like to see longer levels and harder puzzles. And also the use of more vehicles. I'm glad to see the grapple hook is back and the PLS. Zip and Alister make a good final touch. And more relics to find, maybe make the relics actual pieces of history and Alister tells you about them , I don't know just a thought! :)

TRLara Croft
13-10-08, 22:57
I think the idea of more vehicles is cool! Sure her trademark motorbike is pretty sweet but maybe a jeep? Or like a horse from the first TR movie.

Another problem with TRL and TRA was the whole, OMG SHINY LEDGE!!! JUMP HERE!!! The only thing it was missing was a huge neon sign pointing in the right direction. And dont' forget the whole shiny grappling devices. It was obvisous! Not to mention the fact that a little blue icon would show up every time you could grapple something. It wasn't a bad idea but we aren't mentally slow or space cadets. Let us figure out.

I agree with all the posts where Lara needs to die more realisticly. I'm so sick of her hitting the ground then having a jello like rebound. Sure, a human body might bounce back... but five feet in the air? Don't think so. She was also all ragdoll like. Who dies then lets their whole body fold like that?!

THere are some lose ends that NEED to be cleaned up. LIke AOD... HOW COULD THEY END IT LIKE THAT?! Any ways... Or help us find Lara's mom or just her dad for crying out loud. All the people in tomb raider games just don't disappear after a one time hello. Where'd they go?

Graphics are fine and don't really need to be changed. I love how CD added the whole move branches and green foilige away move. The balance beam is a nice add on too. I can't wait to balance and shoot at stuff from a bunch of different locations/hieghts/areas.

Please please please! don't make us wait for 3 years for a game to come out. By then no one will want it any more since they might have gotten over the whole fact that they had to wait forever. BUT keep the game as long as needed to get rid of all the bugs, tweak it up, and make it worth buying. I don't want to buy a game that came out early only to find out it was a piece of crud.

Keep it up CD!

Anarae
14-10-08, 07:45
I think the idea of more vehicles is cool! Sure her trademark motorbike is pretty sweet but maybe a jeep? Or like a horse from the first TR movie.

Another problem with TRL and TRA was the whole, OMG SHINY LEDGE!!! JUMP HERE!!! The only thing it was missing was a huge neon sign pointing in the right direction. And dont' forget the whole shiny grappling devices. It was obvisous! Not to mention the fact that a little blue icon would show up every time you could grapple something. It wasn't a bad idea but we aren't mentally slow or space cadets. Let us figure out.

I agree with all the posts where Lara needs to die more realisticly. I'm so sick of her hitting the ground then having a jello like rebound. Sure, a human body might bounce back... but five feet in the air? Don't think so. She was also all ragdoll like. Who dies then lets their whole body fold like that?!

THere are some lose ends that NEED to be cleaned up. LIke AOD... HOW COULD THEY END IT LIKE THAT?! Any ways... Or help us find Lara's mom or just her dad for crying out loud. All the people in tomb raider games just don't disappear after a one time hello. Where'd they go?

Graphics are fine and don't really need to be changed. I love how CD added the whole move branches and green foilige away move. The balance beam is a nice add on too. I can't wait to balance and shoot at stuff from a bunch of different locations/hieghts/areas.

Please please please! don't make us wait for 3 years for a game to come out. By then no one will want it any more since they might have gotten over the whole fact that they had to wait forever. BUT keep the game as long as needed to get rid of all the bugs, tweak it up, and make it worth buying. I don't want to buy a game that came out early only to find out it was a piece of crud.

Keep it up CD!

We've been ridiculously spoiled getting a new Tomb Raider every November. It's hard work and damn near impossible to shell out a Next Gen game that quickly. Especially if you expect something epic.

It'll take at least 3 years to make something that brilliant. Patience, my dear, patience. Rome wasn't built in a day.

indyfan
14-10-08, 14:08
Enemies shouldnt get stunned when they get shot (like the mercs in legend) :)

that's sorta realistic

ColdCaseDetK
14-10-08, 20:17
GOODNESS GOODNESS GOODNESS> :):jmp:

fanoflaracroft
14-10-08, 20:35
Goodness! I want some goodness today.I hate CD. Why don't they give us some texture or sounds or maybe the whole game.

Anarae
15-10-08, 20:26
Goodness! I want some goodness today.I hate CD. Why don't they give us some texture or sounds or maybe the whole game.

Patience, grasshopper!

I am curious as to what Justin and Keir were talking about when they said something new that was previously under embargo was coming last Monday. Justin said he's behind schedule, so maybe it's taking him a few days to actually get it togeter.

Who knows. The penguin likes to be mysterious. :mis:

ElsieGirl
16-10-08, 19:52
Everything is awesome on you're list, I like the idea of adding more rooms and such to her mansion, they did that in Anniversary and it made it so much better ^^

larafan25
16-10-08, 19:55
CD should add with their next tomb raider installment a level editor or just a map editor...;)

sandysam
20-10-08, 10:28
Just to limit the amount of threads i though i'd make this, a suggestion to CD to what to include in the next game:

-CD keep the Legend engine it was fun and brilliant, optimise it a little and it will be perfect.

-The Mansion was great and the inside brought back memories, The outside was a little small but nice, Please please in TR8 expand it to Gardens, a Maze, and more rooms. Also let us see the front of the house.

-Keep Zip and Alistar and the Headset. This was an excellent addition and I love the characters. Let Winston do a bit more though, put him on the headset.

-Make the Tomb alot more dangerouse with fewer mercenries, more high falls and fatal deathtraps.

-Could u Make some refrences to past TR's. The Natla crates were funny and a nice easter egg.

-Make the Levels longer.

These are all fun i would personnaly like to see the return of tr3 masion with a vehicle course ( biked , jeap , quadbikes ) i woudl also liek to see the return of a quad bike also the masion is teh training lvl again but it is being blown up and if you do have a house ( referal to trl/a when she sais my father left me 3 estates in his will ) i would liek to see a kitchen dinning room + winston more involved also maybe lvls as other people like in traod maybe zip is more involved and the return as curtis if poss cuase he did die but traods story was discontinued so bringing back curtis would be a + only for a lvl though.

Anarae
25-10-08, 18:38
No suggestions, just spreading some love. Underworld looks fantastic.

indyfan
26-10-08, 19:30
it does especially because it's gonna be released a day before my birthday!!!:D

laras garden
27-10-08, 10:34
Underworlds gonna be amazing!! :D

Sekhraider
27-10-08, 16:04
Im just eager to see how the game is going to be. The combat looks more exciting than previous TR games. But Im looking forward more towards puzzles and overall gameplay. The graphics look very good, much better than CD's other games. So Im a bit more optimistic. Still wish the DLC was offered for the other platforms though :(. Oh well...:)

feanor
27-10-08, 17:29
Ayup All...

CD HAVE done a job! Underworld WILL be number one for Xmas and beyond ! i expect the forums to be very quiet from November 22nd... ! LOL.

BTW. Can anyone tell me why code should be wasted on an 'extra' Croft Manor level? isn't it a waste? why not use the capacity of the disk to have a bigger, more complex environment...? instead of something superfluous? does everyone REALLY need their hands held so much?

indyfan
28-10-08, 04:09
paybe you are right

Bladerj
30-10-08, 05:15
I would like to have a mode where we could research her library for clues about the story and next tombs, kinda like when she gazes upon books and manuscripts in the halls in TRA.
It would be much better then having alastair spoiling the fun,plus we would have a excuse to GET RID OF HIM !

peppyb
31-10-08, 19:27
In legend and aniversary i could bind my mouse button 3 to forward, wich i use in all my 1st person shooters.
In this demo i had to re invent te controls completly ruining all my fun and quickness i like in the previous 2 tr's.

Also the camera is dodgy.

The graphix are awesome though.

Hope they tweak the controls for the full game.

peppy

tha_mattster
01-11-08, 03:56
Bug:

The dramatic music which is triggered for the tiger fights can still be triggered after they have been killed.

The spiders and bats look really cheap compared with the tigers. They look like rubber toys or something :o

Please remove the fade outs when she dies!

Johnnay
02-11-08, 10:30
Bug:

The dramatic music which is triggered for the tiger fights can still be triggered after they have been killed.

The spiders and bats look really cheap compared with the tigers. They look like rubber toys or something :o

Please remove the fade outs when she dies!

did you use the transquelier gun (cant spell it).
maybe thats why they didnt die and that music keeps on playing. they temporary lie on the floor if they get hit by it

tha_mattster
02-11-08, 11:56
No they were killed with pistols ;):D

Scia
02-11-08, 17:43
There is only one thing in this demo that needs improvement, and that's the camera.

(The bold text is all you really need to read, though the rest might be helpful too.)

The way the camera tries to guide you through the level is absolutely diabolical.

Every player has their own idea of how they want to view a scene (and some people actually like to just look around), so when the camera starts playing the game and rotates itself toward the main path, it's extremely aggravating. In fact, it's actually gotten me killed several times because I lined up my jump, started my jump, and then it whipped around to show me the next ledge I needed to get to - causing Lara to change direction and fall to her death. The camera also starts having seizures because the game is trying to look one way, while the player is trying to look another. This attempt at help is more frustrating than getting lost.

This doesn't mean you need to recode the camera so it can anticipate these things - it means you need to leave it alone completely.

Only one person can have control of the camera, and that NEEDS to be the player - at all times. I cannot stress this enough - never, ever, ever take control of the camera in a future TR game. Ever. Please.

Don't pivot it up to show how cool an area is, don't spin it around to show a tiger running at Lara, don't jerk it to the side to show a ledge that I don't want to look at. Just leave my camera alone.

Having the game move the camera kills all suspense - People are liking the spiders, bats, and Nagas more than the tigers because you didn't ruin those with an introductory camera spasm. You allowed us to find them. The tigers were thisclose to being really awesome, but the intro movies killed it.

I've said after playing every TR since AOD, and so have countless other fans: Stop moving my camera. It's that simple. The player is supposed to play the game, not the developers, so just let us do that.

Give us a zoom control and we will be able to position it in any way that we need it. Just make it zoom in and out when we move the right joystick forward and back while clicking it down, and move the manual aim to the left joystick click.

We can ask Lara where to go, we can follow a relatively linear main path, we can follow the red flowers that tell us which way to go - so why do we have to fight the camera for control of the game?

Unless it's a real cutscene, just make the camera default behind Lara, and let the PLAYER be the only thing to ever PLAY with the camera. EVER.

Just make it a general rule that you can only move/take control of the players camera if there is dialogue being spoken, otherwise it belongs to the player and is strictly prohibited for you to touch.

Otherwise, everything about the TRU demo is perfect.

Thank you :)

loser66
02-11-08, 20:29
Make targeting smoother. When you are on a ledge and you shoot, you can't even see Lara take her gun out because she moves too fast. It should be made slower, and so should taking out the submachine guns...

krycekuva
02-11-08, 21:07
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z80/krycekuva/treeexample.jpg?t=1225659289

1st: i know many people will hate me, but this is not a eidos bashing because of the BAD move to give exclusive content to MS. this is about enhancing the experience of tomb raider, for any one who plays it...

i was thinking it should be better if the expantion levels/DLC would, instead of being 2 levels, something more complette, like extra stuffs to add inside the already own game, like new areas. this way the people who purchase the DLC would not only play 2 new levels, but will play the whole game again in order to rech those "side quests" or just new paths in the regular game.

for example: and this is only related to the demo. what if, in the DLC we get to alter the level a bit. in other words, by purchasing the DLC, the level changes, now instead of reaching the temple after walking your way, you reach the area where you hear the tigers first (before the first encounter) and theres a massive stone blocking the way a few more trees around, and one in front of the stone, so lara needs to climb the tree. then once on the top of the tree and several meters high she can choose to go either right or left, right is full of acrobatic challanges, and left is less expectacular.

this way every level would have an even more difficult way to be played. and there wouldnt be any difference in the story...

actually it would help to pass the wait between TRU and TR9... it would be nicer to have episodic expantion packs before getting the oficial new TR, in this case, expantion packs for TRA and TRL along with the TRU as a trilogy expantion pack would be greatter to have.... it would be selling even years after the first big sale.... just like the half life serie or world of warcraft

Priscilla
03-11-08, 12:47
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z80/krycekuva/treeexample.jpg?t=1225659289

WOW You can draw very good, you should go working for CD! :)

hera7days
04-11-08, 05:49
I'd like to reiterate/add to Scia's post of cameraness:

A) Give the player the option to choose between the new camera style- a free floating camera that moves separately from Lara, where the directional keys are camera-based, AND, the old camera style- a camera that always follows Lara unless the user presses the Look Button, where the directional keys are Lara-based.

B) If the user has selected a free floating camera, they should have total freedom over it. Well, within reason. I mean, Lara should always be in view or nearby, but just off camera. Otherwise, freedom. I can't tell you how many times in these games things like this have happened: Lara will be standing out in the open, and I'll be able to move the camera all the way around her. I can put the camera wherever I want, and it stays there. I don't need to do it, but I can anyway. BUT then I make her hang from a ledge. I suspect there's another ledge behind Lara, but guess what? Now I can't move the camera all the way to see behind her! In other words, one of the major benefits this camera system might have had is completely unhelpful when I need it most! And furthermore, if I decide I want the camera facing Lara's side and looking down on her, the camera should not suddenly decide that it wants to look at Lara from eye-level. If I want to see Lara from the back at eye-level in the center of the screen, the camera should not rotate slightly and move a little to the left. Let it stay where I put it.

C) As Scia said, and this cannot be stressed enough, the camera should not move away to show us things. We'll see the enemies when they try to bite Lara's face off. We'll appreciate the cool environments on our own terms. And for the love of Tihocan, we can, nay, should, find the way on our own.

TigerSoundNet
05-11-08, 05:48
I agree, completely, with reducing a "controlled camera".
(Like what's the purpose of playing a game for its "virtual reality", while you, game designers, try to make it into some sort of perpetual tutorial or an unreal movie presentation out of it?) :confused:

Vince C.
05-11-08, 07:55
There is only one thing in this demo that needs improvement, and that's the camera.

(The bold text is all you really need to read, though the rest might be helpful too.)

The way the camera tries to guide you through the level is absolutely diabolical.

Every player has their own idea of how they want to view a scene (and some people actually like to just look around), [...]

I agree with what you wrote about the controls. I'd like to add there should even be an option to let the player decide between three settings, much like hera7days suggestion:
whether she wants the camera to keep moving automatically like Legend and Anniversary (and Underworld demo) as a third, spectator person
or wants the camera to stick *behind* Lara's back, like in previous Tomb Raider games (I, II, III,...)
or even wants the camera to show what Lara sees as a First Person Shooter.
If they want to combine the last two with a settable zoom (with the wheel, which is curiously unused in this demo!) between Lara's back and Lara's eyes, it's even better. The above first option would at least fix the awful camera moves, restore the control logic and make everybody happy: e.g. pressing LEFT would make Lara go LEFT, always.

krycekuva
05-11-08, 11:31
i keep insisting in the need of expantion packs... maybe not exclusive or maybe indeed,.. i dont care... but we should be getting a sort of expanction pack that adds new contenct to the previous games, like:

TRL: next gen content for legend on PS3, plus extra levels/secrets/secret rooms for each console,

TRA: next gen content for each console, not only the updated pixelate for xbox360,.. more like in legend, plants everywhere, new textures, shadows, possible alternative routes, and if its not much to ask including in several areas some of the movementes from TRU, the hidden secrets mode as in wii version, and the flash light (adding dark places to make the game more atmospheric)

TRU: extra content for each level, an alternative ultra secret path for those who play the game 1000 times (like me), new trees, perhaps fixed movements, and if possible at the time, the infamous DLC exclusive for x box360...

you could sell it even at half price the game, on indepednent dvds or whatever,.. im sure MANY MANY people will buy it... despite what they will say...

Evan C.
05-11-08, 15:49
Thanks,the game is finished and just to days of the release.
Now take a rest and then,start working on TR9,you lazy team :p

LaraCroftGamer
05-11-08, 23:31

-Make the Levels longer.

we have that already but thanks anywayz

TigerSoundNet
05-11-08, 23:56
To krycekuva, I really enjoyed your creative work, above.

Btw in my TRA Croft-Paradise design, I pre-designed two types of tarzan-like vine swings, one easy short swing-and-grab and another much longer and more challenging. . . Like flying through the trees, mates? :)

(Using Croft-Paradise Eidos, in Google, will get you there and look for Tiger.) ;)

dizzydoil
05-11-08, 23:58
Make sure the game covers have awesome side covers :jmp:! James has gotten me obsessed with decent side covers.. I just hate plain.. white.. bold text .. side covers .. ew.. it's just.. argh :p!

tha_mattster
08-11-08, 17:14
Please make the characters look less cartoony - or go all the way and do cell shading.

Kiss-Bite
09-11-08, 18:07
Make sure the game covers have awesome side covers :jmp:! James has gotten me obsessed with decent side covers.. I just hate plain.. white.. bold text .. side covers .. ew.. it's just.. argh :p!

Lol, so I'm not the only one, phew makes me feel better!:D

Please make the characters look less cartoony - or go all the way and do cell shading.

I hope Lara gets some realism next time too.:)

Troy
11-11-08, 00:24
I hope they do some remakes in between of Tomb Raider Underworld and Tomb Raider 9.

loser66
12-11-08, 23:44
I know this is kind of late, but I think Lara should have an energy gauge. It seems so unrealistic how Lara can sprint forever without taking a breath.

Instead of only working for sprint, the energy gauge, or whatever you want to call it, should work on acrobatics, wall-kicks, and other moves (except a normal jump) that would normally take up a lot of energy.

I think that when Lara runs normally, the gauge should go down, then back up, continuously as she is running, so if it's nearly empty, she must conserve her energy to do a special move. Lara should also move very slowly when her energy bar is almost depleted. When Lara is sprinting, the gauge should go down rapidly, and when she is doing acrobatics, she will lose energy in chunks at a time. Also, she should lose energy when she is swimming rapidly or pressing interact while moving across a ledge.

GreekStud
13-11-08, 00:24
i hope CD continues and continues on tomb raider! its an amazing game...don't stop it :)

Isaac
13-11-08, 00:34
I know this is kind of late, but I think Lara should have an energy gauge. It seems so unrealistic how Lara can sprint forever without taking a breath.

No, she get tired and slow down after a while if you sprint.

[...]
It seems so unrealistic how Lara can sprint forever without taking a breath.

Instead of only working for sprint, the energy gauge, or whatever you want to call it, should work on acrobatics, wall-kicks, and other moves (except a normal jump) that would normally take up a lot of energy.

I think that when Lara runs normally, the gauge should go down, then back up, continuously as she is running, so if it's nearly empty, she must conserve her energy to do a special move. Lara should also move very slowly when her energy bar is almost depleted. When Lara is sprinting, the gauge should go down rapidly, and when she is doing acrobatics, she will lose energy in chunks at a time. Also, she should lose energy when she is swimming rapidly or pressing interact while moving across a ledge.

You clearly don't understand that it's a game. It doesn't have to be realistic on all the point : If so, let's remove all the monsters, the temples, the artifacts. It's unrealistic! Oh, better : Don't ever allow us to play the game again if Lara is killed by a monster or from a longfall... We can't come back to live after the death right?

You're asking to change the gameplay, to make it more annoying for the realism... Ridiculous. I wouldn't want to be stopped every sec. because she's tired...

Core tried this with AoD, you couldn't hang on a ledge without getting fastly tired : It was really annoying...