PDA

View Full Version : Official Tomb Raider 8 Suggestion Thread For Attention Of Crystal Dynamics

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

//hikari
08-06-06, 14:47
even if CD did take over production of the 10th anniversary project it will be cut down to a mere 1 hour game. levels will be missing puzzles. all the animals will be replaced with identical trilliontuplet baddies. zip and alister will be walking behind lara this time around. there will only be 5 levels, which you just run down and are finished.

thevman
08-06-06, 14:52
Originally Posted by tha mattster
aww I didn't now you felt like that about me! I DO! I DO!

NOT THAT KIND OF RING!!! :eek:

*runs*

//hikari
08-06-06, 14:56
NOT THAT KIND OF RING!!! :eek:

*runs*

awww what a cute couple you two make =)

Pablo.CT
08-06-06, 14:59
I think CD should remake TRAE, so long they follow the strict level design, Puzzles, and like someone said turn it into a very Short game, but they might have their time totally consumed with TR8

tha_mattster
08-06-06, 14:59
http://www.smileypad.com/v224/Happy/Grin-Nod.gifhttp://www.smileypad.com/v224/Happy/Grin-Nod.gifhttp://www.smileypad.com/v224/Happy/Grin-Nod.gifhttp://www.smileypad.com/v224/Happy/Grin-Nod.gifhttp://www.smileypad.com/v224/Happy/Grin-Nod.gifhttp://www.smileypad.com/v224/Happy/Grin-Nod.gifhttp://www.smileypad.com/v224/Happy/Grin-Nod.gif

//hikari
08-06-06, 15:00
http://www.smileypad.com/v224/Happy/Grin-Nod.gifhttp://www.smileypad.com/v224/Happy/Grin-Nod.gifhttp://www.smileypad.com/v224/Happy/Grin-Nod.gifhttp://www.smileypad.com/v224/Happy/Grin-Nod.gifhttp://www.smileypad.com/v224/Happy/Grin-Nod.gifhttp://www.smileypad.com/v224/Happy/Grin-Nod.gifhttp://www.smileypad.com/v224/Happy/Grin-Nod.gif

when's the wedding =)

tha_mattster
08-06-06, 15:01
when's the wedding =)

when eidos finish the AoD trilogy, i.e. never :(

thevman
08-06-06, 15:01
*books flight to siberia* :cln:

//hikari
08-06-06, 15:02
*books flight to siberia* :cln:

a runaway groom ;p

PirateRose
08-06-06, 16:39
even if CD did take over production of the 10th anniversary project it will be cut down to a mere 1 hour game. levels will be missing puzzles. all the animals will be replaced with identical trilliontuplet baddies. zip and alister will be walking behind lara this time around. there will only be 5 levels, which you just run down and are finished.

errm maybe they will just improve the graphics and laras moves, but keep the everything the same other wise.

Kurtis.....XD not more then an easter egg please. I only say that because, I'd like to see Kurtis designed better.

I've been trying to think of suggests

1. Give Lara a workout swimsuit. I doubt she does swimming excerises in a Bikini.

2.Next to the dirt on her skin, there should be some cuts and bruises.

3.Abilitiy to turn off the headset, but she still talks on it dureing cutscenes. I have a cellphone I only use for emergancys. I hardly talk on it but in emergancies. Perhaps we can apply this to the headset. I mean if Lara ever gets into some serious trouble, how is she going to call for help? hrmmm I guess she could get a cellphone too. XD

Rivendell
08-06-06, 16:58

Man that would hurt, so So much.. It already looks painful with those spinning targets :mad:

thevman
08-06-06, 17:39
OUCH!

That would suck!!! :( I'd have to pluck out my own eyes!!!!:cen:

Immortalis08
10-06-06, 03:19
^lol

like many have said, more creative puzzles. Include a variety of puzzles that are not just limited to swingpoles and pressure pads. The original TR had several different puzzles (switches, pressure pads, falling swords, dangerous boulders, timed runs, slope to slope jumping,) that gave me chills to even attempt to solve. Like the Thor's Hammer in TR I. The puzzles should involve some danger and excitement to them; Not just "lets take a break in this room and solve a puzzle". This made the original tomb raider a classic.

The music was great. However i felt like it should've stayed with the more classical approach instead of the pop theme it was bordering on (well in some levels). The music should reflect that of the original TR theme. Although this one did to some extent, it still didn't have the feeling. When i put on the old TR music, the atmosphere in Legend changes significantly. The music should even scare you at some points where the suspense of an enemy attack is the greatest (perfect example at the beginning of the ghana level when you encounter the first baddie).

Jumps should be more threatening and scary. Enemies should make you fear them. Speaking of which, there is more of a feeling of isolation when there are less human enemies present. Animals give a more natural feel to the tombs. TR I and II balanced it well but i felt there was too many human enemies in TRL. Their modern machinery slightly destroyed some of the ghana level for me.

Like stated, no linear levels, you should feel insignificant when you enter a tomb that is intimidating to yourself. Several levels in Legend had the potential to be expansive (not AOD expansive! lol) and could've had alot more to them.

Create mutant enemies and most importantly of all... T-REX! lol:D

But CD you have done a great job! :jmp:

fondantcookie
10-06-06, 04:14
Large Expansive Levels that are NOT LINEAR....I want to get lost
More than one level per location
No Zip and Alistair...or save them for cut scenes...
No Autograb
Old Swimming Controls
No tedious bike sequences
Bring Back Locks, Keys, Switches, Combining Objects
CHALLENGING Puzzles....more like those seen in Croft manor
More Underwater sections with underwater advisaries (therefore Harpoon!)
Old weapons system....and make the weapons different from each other.
Make the game longer, classic style. I want it to take me weeks to complete.
Get a new composer...we want old classical style music, monks chanting...not techno-pop
The old secret system....not 'obvious' rewards
Expand Croft manor....an outside
Sprint, crawl...monkey swing.
Less human advisaries, they ruin the feeling of isolation. Natural wildlife thanks...
Traps: Spikepits, fire, blades, posion darts, thors hammer, falling swords, boulders...
NO SPOONFEEDING !!!!
And if you must have 50 bazillion outfits...id like to see all of the classic ones :D

...not asking much am I? :D

Basically, go back and play the goddamn classics. See why they are vastly superior to Legend....and make a game of the same standard...

I found Legend Sub Par....and even tedious as a generic platformer....

I know you can do better.....and if not, then CORE deserve the series back...

WhosaidAODwasbad
10-06-06, 04:55
fondantcookie being a little harsh aren't ya?
I thought legend was a wonderful game, and Crystal did a lot of things that core tried but didn't exced! for example the moves and acrobats where amazing and not unrealistic, and the city levels were and are the best in the series it wasn't so bland like core made them. I agree that the next game should be more TR 1 like, Crystal did a good job with legend by bring back tombs, but there where too many humans and not enough lonely ness and animals except for King arthurs tomb which was one of the best TR levels in a very long time!!! If there is vehicles I don't mind levels like the ones in legend, but make it less linear, more ways to defeat foes like shooting out their tires or if you get close to a guy on a bike be able to punch and kick them ala Road RAsh, and make the controls more fluid it felt sorta like a tank! James bond everything or nothing would be a prime example of an action game with amazing motorcycle controls!
Both levels felt reptive and there should be more enemy types like guys with bazookas and guys laying mines and ones that try to jump on the vehicle and kick you out (The movie INdiana JOnes and Raiders of the lost Ark) and vehicles like helicopters and cars and motorcycles, motorcycles with side cars also some traps like pot holes and things to fall in or get you off balanced!

Also have levels where vehicles get you around a location like India in TR3 or City of the Dead in TR4.

Lastly, If there are chase make them like KV5 on TR4 those were probably the best in the series!

Rivendell
10-06-06, 14:04
No Autograb
Old Swimming Controls
Get a new composer...we want old classical style music, monks chanting...not techno-pop
Less human advisaries, they ruin the feeling of isolation. Natural wildlife thanks...
Traps: Spikepits, fire, blades, posion darts, thors hammer, falling swords, boulders...
NO SPOONFEEDING !!!!
And if you must have 50 bazillion outfits...id like to see all of the classic ones :D

Ditto. I think that's the first time I've actually agreed with Every Single point expressed. Especially about the music, yeah it was good, I didn't think it fit in though.

illuminati30
10-06-06, 14:09
No Autograb
Old Swimming Controls
NO SPOONFEEDING !!!!

Basically, go back and play the goddamn classics. See why they are vastly superior to Legend....and make a game of the same standard...

I found Legend Sub Par....and even tedious as a generic platformer....

I know you can do better.....and if not, then CORE deserve the series back...

I agree with all of it too :wve:

fondantcookie
10-06-06, 15:22
I agree with all of it too :wve:

YAYY !!!

illuminati30
10-06-06, 15:35
YAYY !!!

No point beating about the bush, just straight to the point, i like that, well done :tmb:

Genocide
11-06-06, 03:35
i would like to the game work around a proper clock-if your playing at night, the level will be dark(er) and obviously the opposte if your playing in the day...this could also lead to some interesting situations-nocturnal creatures, harder levels (beause it would be dark and harder to see) and secrets that can only be obtained at certain times of the day...Pokemon could pull it off, why not Tomb Raider?

WhosaidAODwasbad
11-06-06, 04:04
i would like to the game work around a proper clock-if your playing at night, the level will be dark(er) and obviously the opposte if your playing in the day...this could also lead to some interesting situations-nocturnal creatures, harder levels (beause it would be dark and harder to see) and secrets that can only be obtained at certain times of the day...Pokemon could pull it off, why not Tomb Raider?

YES, like Jak and Daxter where an hour is like equivlent to like 10 minutes! there should be a gameclock so that it changes to night and day so that every experience is different! I am not saying change the beginning of the levels depend on time, because didn't they have to wait till dark to go to the King Arthur museum?

fondantcookie
11-06-06, 04:36
YES, like Jak and Daxter where an hour is like equivlent to like 10 minutes! there should be a gameclock so that it changes to night and day so that every experience is different! I am not saying change the beginning of the levels depend on time, because didn't they have to wait till dark to go to the King Arthur museum?

Although a good idea, Im not really sure if that would work well...I mean, yes it would be cool to play levels in different conditions.....earlymorning, mid day sun...dusk, evenening, night etc...

But i dont see how it would work....especially given the time scale of the levels. It wouldnt make sense for the day/night to change over a space of several steps forward... Itd be as if Lara is functioning in slow-mo....

However, I WOULD like to see a weather system implemented... Maybe random, where sometimes its beating sunshine and others its pouring with rain, with the faint rumble of thunder in the distance :D :D :D :D

Oh, and i forgot to mention in my previous post...... get rid of the shiny objects, and get rid of the onscreen hints.. We're not stupid..

I also think that 'X' that appears when you can grapple-swing is incredibly patronising. Just to be different I always jump with x then press square :D More logical if you ask me, given that square is the grapple button... ?!?!?!?

Tomb Raider Jay
11-06-06, 12:33
How about making the story darker next time, eh?

I just completed AoD and the story and direction Core Design were going in was not only darker but also much more mysterious too. The story kept me gripped throughout, even though the conclusion was a little underwhelming in the end.

I felt, in all honesty Legends story was pathetic :( sorry to say it but Lara searching for her mommy is NOT Tomb Raidery in the slightest, IMO at least!
The whole King Arthur myths thing just didn't do anything for me either, if I'm honest :(

I just think the story needs to have an edge, something that keeps you glued to your seat, exciting, mysterious and above all else just alot darker too.

The enemies also need to be more sinister, I think - the unholy Cabal alliance against Lara in AoD were truly evil and would stop at nothing to get what they wanted - In Legend there's Amanda the ex-best friend turned evil mystic and James, who has to be the worst and smuggest enemy in a TR game yet.......need I say anymore? :(

Also I'd like Kurtis to be in the next game :D

Please make the story darker......please :(

Good luck for TR8! :)

Genocide
11-06-06, 14:25
YES, like Jak and Daxter where an hour is like equivlent to like 10 minutes! there should be a gameclock so that it changes to night and day so that every experience is different!
not bad, but i meant by OUR 24hr clock

TR freak
11-06-06, 15:13
I have a suggestion. Bring back the save crystal feature from tr1. Have the save crystals spread further apart as you progress further through the game. In legend the checkpoints were really close together so there was no challenge but the save crystals in tr1 were spread further apart and this added to the challenge. The save crystals in tr3 were not very good imo coz it was too hard coz u ran out of them really quickly. Tr3 save feature is the worst out of all trs so never bring that back. Tr1 save feature is the best of all trs so please bring that back.

fondantcookie
11-06-06, 19:37
[QUOTE=TR freak]I have a suggestion. Bring back the save crystal feature from tr1. Have the save crystals spread further apart as you progress further through the game. In legend the checkpoints were really close together so there was no challenge but the save crystals in tr1 were spread further apart and this added to the challenge. QUOTE]

Most definitly

JackDaniels
11-06-06, 20:38
I want hordes of zombies (flesh eating) and an M60
I want a helicopter with several loads of napalm
There should be lots of pedestrians, nerds and old people by day, crackheads and homeless people by night
She should have dance moves, that would be handy after scoring a kill
She should have a dominatrix outfit
If she stays in the mansion too long, she should get gas like the butler
She should have to eat to survive, it would be cool if she had to eat mummy fingers like beef jerky to survive her tomb raiding
She should have a cellphone to send text and pics to all the other Laras around the world
As long as she remains unseen while killing, and kills any witnesses, she should be able to see headlines on newspaper boxes about a serial killer on the prowl. If a witness gets away, she should have to shoot her way to the end of the game.

Seriously, a good idea is hard for me to come up with, Legend is a great game, I hope they can come up with something to better it.

WhosaidAODwasbad
11-06-06, 21:05
JackDaniels your ideas remind me of Havana, Lousiana or Haiti. It would cool to but lara down there are she finds ancient pirate ships, Voodoo Witches, and underground societies.

AdamTheInept
12-06-06, 19:57
I found the constant hints a little insulting. Even on hard, it was no problem to just breeze through the levels, cause verything was pointed out to me.
The game was, however, quite fantastic, and a big step up from the last couple installments. The lifers like me just need more of a challenge.

AdamTheInept
12-06-06, 20:04
And on the topic of music, i found all that pop crap VERY annoying.. but the music in nepal was BRILLIANT.. that was the perfect music to fit the mood. So.. yeah... more of that.
And i also agree with less humans, and more expansive levels... I think i had the most fun running around Croft Manor, trying to figure everything out with the plaques and whatnot. Something like St.Francises Folly in TR1.. where you could pick whichever room you wanted, then collect the respective artifacts to open the giant door was pretty cool.
I AM impressed with most of the puzzles, though.. i generally liked the lack of running from point A to B to get a key to open a door.. but that sytem isnt completely defunct... it just needs to be expanded upon.

TR freak
12-06-06, 20:06
I found the constant hints a little insulting. Even on hard, it was no problem to just breeze through the levels, cause verything was pointed out to me.
The game was, however, quite fantastic, and a big step up from the last couple installments. The lifers like me just need more of a challenge.
You were so close to me agreeing with u there. If only u didn't say it was a big step up from the last couple. Theres no way legend was better than either chronicles or aod. Basicly for the next game to be tomb raider again they need to steer as far away from legend as possible and go back to what the previous games were like just with more improvements upon them.

Immortalis08
13-06-06, 01:36
i found that playing the original TR music while playing legend really changed the atmosphere.

Joe_Croft
13-06-06, 23:10
i like whats been said here and i hope crystal d listen...firstly i say keep keeley hawea i thought she did a brilliant job of lara....some say she was too posh but i think it was just right, secondly keep the headset only lets not have arunning commentry, maybe let us control if we ask for help....thirdly why get rid of the binoculars, i used them quite alot (minus RAD) the rad mode, im sure for people who found the game more difficult so it was there if it was needed.
obviously keep with the story line....the final cutscene had me on the edge of my seat cant wait to find out what happens, i liked the amount of cutscenes it split the game up and moved the story along...more interactive ones too .... they showed us what moves lara can do which are just impossible to put into the control system and crystal d...dont change a winning formula...just make it better

BeciMester
13-06-06, 23:26
not bad, but i meant by OUR 24hr clock

OK, that would mean I never get to play in sunshine, I have the time only in the evenings... And someone who does night shifts and has free time until 2pm, never gets to see nighttime... It's no wonder they don't do it in games IMO.

BeciMester
13-06-06, 23:39
I have a suggestion. Bring back the save crystal feature from tr1. Have the save crystals spread further apart as you progress further through the game.

Now that is what I would NOT like to see. If the save crystals are very far from each other, imagine if you suddenly get eaten by some unnamable thing or fall into a trap, and have to redo 10 minutes of work to get back to where you died, just to start figuring out your mistake and die again, and start over from the crystal again... :( For me it's absolutely frustrating and it kills the fun. I'm for Save Anywhere. :)

TR freak
14-06-06, 11:03
Now that is what I would NOT like to see. If the save crystals are very far from each other, imagine if you suddenly get eaten by some unnamable thing or fall into a trap, and have to redo 10 minutes of work to get back to where you died, just to start figuring out your mistake and die again, and start over from the crystal again... :( For me it's absolutely frustrating and it kills the fun. I'm for Save Anywhere. :)
Thats exactly the thing that made it more challenging and thats what I loved about tr1. And they wouldn't be that far away from each other. You just have to look at tr1 for inspiration of how far away they should be. I liked the distance between the very last two save crystals in the great pyramid. The amount of times I die there every time is amazing. Its getting past trap after trap after trap after flames, after bladed, after boulders that crush you, after spikes after loads of different kinds of traps. It take ages to get past all of them traps and the next tr should have something similar to that.

BeciMester
14-06-06, 11:40
I play on PC, I can save wherever I want, and I'm used to it. :)

What about you could select the way you want to save in the menu? :D

aussie500
14-06-06, 12:29
Speaking of menu's l seem to waste a lot of time there, when looking at the extra's especially the movie clips it would be nice if when they finished playing you were returned to the last menu you were using, rather than the main menu and you have to go all the way back to what you were looking through

BeciMester
14-06-06, 12:51
Speaking of menu's l seem to waste a lot of time there, when looking at the extra's especially the movie clips it would be nice if when they finished playing you were returned to the last menu you were using, rather than the main menu and you have to go all the way back to what you were looking through

I believe they could fix it with a patch... if they cared... (or maybe "it's not a bug, it's a feature"...? :confused: )

Titak
14-06-06, 13:30
THINGS TO KEEP
- Lara model and the same animations.
- the wonderfully textured, detailed, lit environments.
- the interactive puzzles like the rollingball puzzles, pulling down pillars, etc.
- the many outfits
- the reward system with the secrets
- well... basically keep the entire game, but...

THINGS TO ADD
- An option to turn off the earpiece so the player can choose whether or not he wants to listen to Zipīs comments or not. (an option that could perhaps be added to the difficulty levels? Like difficulty īTomb Raiderīwill mean no comments from Zip and Allister)

- more animations like the good old crawling from the older TR games, the climbing-walls-and-grabbing-monkeybars animation from AOD, swinging on a swing pole like Iīve seen on an early AOD screenshot, etc.

- more interaction possibilities with the environment, like in the old games where you could try just about every ledge to shimmey on, climb on just about every block.

- those good old crawling spaces, pretty hard to find to enhance the exploring feeling.

- A bonus level when youīve gotten all the secrets. :D

- longer, not such lineair, levels.

- some of the old style īsearching for a key/item/switch to open a door or to make something else happen: to enhance the exploring feeling.

- less obvious clues

CONCLUSION
I loved Legend with its beautifull environments, interactive custscenes and environments. So, please keep this. :tmb:
I would like to see some of the old style exploring back in TR8, with even more puzzling and longer, less lineair, levels. (how about a waterlevel? :D ) :jmp:

fondantcookie
14-06-06, 23:40
CONCLUSION
I loved Legend with its beautifull environments, interactive custscenes and environments. So, please keep this. :tmb:
I would like to see some of the old style exploring back in TR8, with even more puzzling and longer, less lineair, levels. (how about a waterlevel? :D ) :jmp:

SPOT ON !!! ..... especially your statement about the water levels.

I cannot stress how dissapointed I was with Legends lack of underwater exploration, puzzles and combat....

:(:(:(:(

Joshorty
14-06-06, 23:47
..add the element of fear perhaps:confused: ...

TR freak
15-06-06, 11:08

I cannot stress how dissapointed I was with Legends lack of underwater exploration, puzzles and combat....

Well I'm glad there was hardly any water bits with the swimming controls legend has. If they bring back tr1-6 swimming controls then yes I agree have a LOT more swimming levels.

Rivendell
15-06-06, 13:43
Yeah, ditto freak - legend's swimming controlls weren't fun .

apayo
15-06-06, 20:56
OK, Hi CD!!! thanks for bringing TR back to my life!

1st: KILL ALister and the other guy, come on here, for me TR is about that great feeling of solitude while exploring huge caves, underwater adventures, etc. That headset and those 2 clowns really annoyed me and spoiled great part of the adventure, it make me feel I was safe, I need danger!!

The engine is beautifull!! keep it, improve it.

PLSSSSS, no yellow sign telling us we are missing an edge, plss, the animation was enough to now, again, we are intelligent players, also when there is a big gap, no need to point out with the blue thing that we need to use the grap, AGAIN, Tombraider is about danger, that emptines in you stomach when you jump and donīt now if you are gonna make it.

Huge enviroments, when I say huge, I donīt mean a huge room with big pilars, I mean a huge enviroment were you can go long ways to find hidden and hard to reach places to find secrets, or clues to your adventure that are not necesary on the way to the end of a level. EXPLORATION!!!

Make it long, come on, TRL was almost the lenght of Unfinished Business Addon! we like it good and long, is like good sex that lasted only for 10min!! :hea:

More animals and interactive enviroments, breakables, to have the feeling you are in a real place.

Congratulations in how you made Lara connect with the enviroment, that was something that you really improve a lot.

I love the acrobatics!!! GREAT JOB!! make them necesary to solve puzzles like traps or attacking moves! I like the attack moves too, TR is about adventure and exploration but also a few times about action, why should we overlook that? make the action intense and fun! no one will complaint... hopefully!

So many dreams, one last thing:

MAKE IT SOON!!!! I cant wait to put my hands in another TR adventure! :jmp:

Cheers!

Andyk.

TombRaiderRulz
16-06-06, 17:22
1. Keep the Headset, Zip, Allistar and Winston

2. Keep the Mansion, add more rooms and even add an outdoor area.

3. Make levels longer, someone mentioned puzzles, how about this each level you have to find clues to complete a puzzle to find a specific artifact in each level or something like that.

4. How about Level Editor type thing, or create your own game or soemthing like that. You can unlock it at the end or something.

5. No more Bosses. How about instead of bosses you put what I mentioned above with the puzzles, maybe the ultimate goal is finding the big prize and each level you have to solve the puzzle to get that prize. I think someone said Bosses were in the stone age I think Bosses are overatted and done over and over and its gets boring over time.

lmrossi
16-06-06, 21:31
I would like to find out how many people are concerned over the same thing; that is, saving the game midway between checkpoints.

I would like to get Crystal Dynamics software engineers to release a patch to TRL, that will allow users to save the game at any point so that the user can start right where they left off.

Anyone else think this?

lmrossi
17-06-06, 00:54
Allow users to save their game wherever they are and to return to that same spot when they reopen the game.

fondantcookie
17-06-06, 01:32
Please please please add more and longer water levels....with water combat....the harpoon..... and a wetsuit similar to this :

http://www.tansy9.net/images/solascreens.jpg

(Thanks to Tansy for the Pic :D)

TR2s Wetsuit is arguably one of the best costumes in the series.... And the sunken ship levels are amonst my favourite of all time :D:D:D:D

P.S Sorry if i've mentioned this previously...hard to keep up with all of these new threads.. :D

UNDERTAKER
17-06-06, 17:15
I think this would be better in the 'future games forum' now :wve:

WhosaidAODwasbad
17-06-06, 17:31

Awesome new Avatar, Fondantcookie very cool! Underwater is the coolest ever in tomb raider nobody else can even comeclose! Do you think if they do they remake of tR2 how amazing will the underwaters levels be!?

AOD defintley has thumbs up in water exploration compared to Legend which had practacly none! That is a must in TR8

krycekuva
17-06-06, 17:42
ok,..

1.- zip and the other are nice, they are funny and they remindme the chronicles....

2.- more challenging levels....

3.- no more animal,... we are adventurers, we study history dont make animals become history,... theres no need to kill endanger species,... so thats a good idea to put more magical creatures...

4.- make the levels a bit less linear,.. and like in tomb raider adventures... makle the levels have more than only one way to go around,.. like 2 o 3 ways to get to the end with different difficulties, but at the end with only one true ending,... not like n silent hill or resident evil where you have like 3 ending with each charachter

5.- keep the cutscenes,.. i love them,... but more important,... make them longer and in between make the levels larger,... lot longer....

6.- the game must be as long as tomb raider 3, never as the tomb raider 4, and as interactive as the 5th or the original one,.. everytime more and more interesting places to go,.. nice landscapes,.. and scenarios,. they kept me always wanting to travel and to play....

AdamTheInept
17-06-06, 18:54
The headset wouldnt be so bad if it was incorporated better.
Lara could talk to Zip and Alister.. and maybe even Anaya if she was to join again, during CUTSCENES.
They should cut the jabber while playing BIGTIME.
There should be a function from the PDA or something where you can call HQ and ask for a hint if you're really stuck... THEN then the team can pip in and give you some info.
I was really annoyed by having them talk CONSTANTLY. And to hell with Zip's bloody (delayed) "whoohoo's" whilst riding the bike.

thevman
17-06-06, 19:56
HOLY CRAP! :eek: Where did this thread pop up from? :confused: 56 pages already???? :eek: It's gonna take me a week to catch up with this one! :cln: I'll have to get back to you guys on this one... ;)

*head spins*

*faints*

AdamTheInept
17-06-06, 19:57
lol to the above ^o^

TR freak
17-06-06, 21:00
HOLY CRAP! :eek: Where did this thread pop up from? :confused: 56 pages already???? :eek: It's gonna take me a week to catch up with this one! :cln: I'll have to get back to you guys on this one... ;)

*head spins*

*faints*
This is the suggestion thread that was in the legend section. Its been moved to the future games section. I bet you feel stupid now :D

illuminati30
17-06-06, 21:19
The flashing medipack when health is low is most annoying. I dont need to be told when to use a medipack. I end up using one when i dont need to just to stop it flashing.

fondantcookie
17-06-06, 22:17
Awesome new Avatar, Fondantcookie very cool! Underwater is the coolest ever in tomb raider nobody else can even comeclose! Do you think if they do they remake of tR2 how amazing will the underwaters levels be!?

AOD defintley has thumbs up in water exploration compared to Legend which had practacly none! That is a must in TR8

CHEERS for the avatar compliment.... :D :D :D Thought it was time for a change :P

And the prospect of the underwater levels of TR2 remade is possibly the most exciting thing i can think of !!!!

The atmosphere; dripping water,creeking floor boards, foot steps of baddies in the distance..... Not forgetting the sharks, barracudas.... Lush ocean floor, rusty chrome, and the immense HARPOON !!!

Awwww....BLISS !!! Bliss i tell you !!

I definitly consider the Deck as one of my alltime favourite TR levels...EVER !!! And i would LOVE to see it remade :D:D:D:D:D

WhosaidAODwasbad
18-06-06, 00:21
The deck is a scare level especially how dark it is! I remember just walking and hearing the floor creek, and the baddies in the rooms. I just remembered Flamethrowers, and that would be cool as an extra or a pick up in the game! Those guys suck though even when you are at the very top of the buildings they can still get you!

NightWish
18-06-06, 11:46
1. I don't think that the head set is nessisery. CD are turning Lara like whar AJ is in the movies which isn't a good thing. The same thing is with the ponytail. LARA'S TRADE MARK IS A BRAID!
2.I think the mention must be made more interesting like te mantion in TR2 and3
3.make the game more challanging and longer then TRL - the levels should be bigger and the puzels should be bigger and harder to figure out
4. I think Lara should be like the old Lara - braid, the clothes she used to wear (I don't thinkthe old Lara would wear ugly pants, a white shird and on top of the shirt a blue sweater ), the old Lara wasn't a maniac that wanted to kill everithing that's moving, and CD sshould take back Jonell Elliot the new voice is too weird
i think that it would be a good idea if in the extras section you would be able to unlock looooooooong FMV's that show what happened after TRLR and TR AOD. That way Eidos and CD will show that they haven't forgotten every Tobraider since TR1

thevman
18-06-06, 13:39
This is the suggestion thread that was in the legend section. Its been moved to the future games section. I bet you feel stupid now :D

DOH!!! http://forums.bradbarnett.net/images/smilies/doh.gif

Lenochka
18-06-06, 14:37
I would really like laras old voice.. from TR1... legend voice is ok but the first TR voice is the best. when i think of lara its the voice that pops in my head...

longer game hehe

oh oh and have natla return ^^

other than that... keep up the good work ^^

Reggie
18-06-06, 14:39
^^ I loved the fact that Lara had an accent in TR1, so, if possible, get Shelley back on board.
I'll make a proper post of all the things I'd like to see another time, I'm a little busy atm lol

SpongeBob Lover
18-06-06, 18:32
-Make the Levels longer.
umm i thought the levels were long enough i think they should make more levels

Lenochka
18-06-06, 19:58
umm i thought the levels were long enough i think they should make more levels

Indeed more levels will be better ^^

TombRaiderRulz
18-06-06, 20:32
I agree more levels and More Tombs to explore

Indeed more levels will be better ^^

TombRaiderRulz
18-06-06, 20:34
oh! You know the course she had in TR 2 and 3, I liked that course, they should make it in the new one. I do like the course in TRL, if they could keep both.

Night_Heaven
18-06-06, 21:11
First of all

1.Change Lara in Tr8 into the AoD Lara to have some respect...or the old Lara too....DO NOT KEEP LEGEND LARA please
2.More Tr3 kind of levels....Jungle...longer levels....Nevada...longer levels....South Pacific Islands...longer levels...;)
3. Keep Amanda and Kurtis or instead of kurtis keep another one>And if don't amanda then the blond female in Tr3
4. the feeling from Tr1
5. The action from Tr2
6.The story, the music and Lara like in AoD
7.Egypt please.....more tombs
8.Submarine from Tr5.
More to come.....

TroyBagnell
19-06-06, 03:37
I would like to see the story changed... made more realistic and less supernatural. But since that has always been a staple of the TR series I know that will never change. Instead I would like to see them improve upon the gunplay. TR has always been more about adventure than action, but since it is a part of the game... it should be more engaging. Get rid of the auto-aim system. I know there was a manual aim in TRL but the accuracy was terrible and you weren't able to move making it not that useful for combat. The game was just way to easy.

Honorable mentions:
- make enemies take less hits, but improve their AI.
- hand-to-hand combat!
- improve the vehicle levels, or get rid of them altogether.

CardinalXimenez
19-06-06, 07:58
I don´t know if these things have already been suggested, but I´m not going to read through 568 posts to check...

My main gripe with Legend is the loss of Laras old background, it was a huge part of what made her appealing to me as a character, so the TR8 of my dreams would be a return to Laras old background, along with her braid and old pistols (they just have a timeless charm).

My dream mansion would be a mix of the old and new mansion. The new mansion does have some things I like (the swimming pool is nice, and I like the walk-in closet, except for the skulls on the door), but the colour makes it look drab, and the lack of a bathroom and a trophy room makes it feel sterile, and not like it´s Laras home (and I´d really like the fishtank room to make a return as well).

I feel the gunfights could be done better, Lara´s an actionheroine, and I´d like to feel like one while I play as her and fight villains. In "Perfect Dark Zero" I felt like such by being able to take cover, and pop out and fire, so I wouldn´t mind having Lara be able to do that in TR8. Also, I´d like for her to be able to fight using her hands and legs, she had that ability in AOD, and I´d like it to return, like if you press once, she punches once, press twice in succession and she punches twice, press three times and she does a punch-punch-roundhousekick combo. If the enemy has his back to her and hasn´t noticed her, you could have the ability to sneak up behind him and take him out, I don´t want TR to be a stealth game, but I think it´d be nice to have that option, it could be done depending on whether Lara has her guns out at the time, if she does she´ll knock him out with the barrels of her guns, but if she´s holstered her weapons she´ll grab him and choke him until he passes out. Perhaps if there´re two guards next to each other (like the two in the Bolivia cutscene) she can use the arm-and-leg move I have her use in my script.

I would also like the old TR theme (it just screams mystery and adventure) back, as well as the old logo, the metallic silver movielogo just doesn´t suit TR in my opinion.

One thing I thought Legend did better than the old games was Laras behaviour, in the old games you only saw her as the tough adventurer for the whole game, in Legend you got to see different sides of her personality, interacting with friends and such, I´d like to see her more like that (but still keeping her action persona). I also think her Legend outfit looks more like a tombraiding outfit than the old bathingsuit-one does, so I wouldn´t mind if they kept that for TR8 (just as long as they give her the braid back).

The headset I want to go, it took away the feeling of being on your own, and it made the game far too easy when you were handed the solutions to puzzles on a silver platter. If there really has to be clues in the game, I´d rather have it done in a way like having a "travelling journal" that you can look up in the menu, where Lara´s written down her thoughts on the puzzle you´re currently facing, and through that you can get an idea of what to do if you´re stuck and want a clue.

I was glad to finally be able to ride Laras motorbike in Legend, but the levels felt boring and linear, so I´d like to see that change. It could be done by having non-linear routes for you to take, like if Lara´s chasing someone through a city environment you turn down streets, and if the road gets blocked, you have to drive around trying to find a way through (like a ramp that lets you jump over the obstacle). Also, I´d like to be able to switch weapons as I ride the bike, if Lara can fire two Mac-10s, then surely she can fire just one, or a machinegun, while riding her bike? And in regards to the whole "feel like an actionheroine" argument I made earlier, I think the way the enemies die can be done better, by having different animations for the bikes and cars crashing. I had a few "wow" moments while playing Legends motorbike levels, at one point I disposed of a car and it crashed and rolled just over Laras head as she drove, I´d like to see more moments like that, not necessarily the car rolling above her head, but crashing into things or crashing onto its side and rolling several times before coming to a halt. More interactive objects on the way would be nice too, not just the barrels, but perhaps hanging ledges you can shoot down to block the way of your opponents, making them scream just before they crash into them.

I want some of the old weapons back, the dual Mac-10s (or Uzis, as they´re commonly referred to) have become just as much her trademark weapons as the pistols have. And a rocket launcher is always a nice addition.

I want a more upbeat storyline than the one in Legend, Lara mourning her past and the loss of her friend made for a somewhat depressing and moody storyline, a little betrayal and sadness makes for a good story, but too much takes away the fun factor.

Well, that was all I could think of right now, I haven´t played Legend for some time, so I might think of more next time I play it.

CardinalXimenez
19-06-06, 09:43
I just remembered some more: I want to be able to fire at two enemies simultaneously, like in the old games, and I want less urban/base environments than Legend had, at least when they (or at least Kazakhstan) take up so much of the overall gametime. I also donīt want environments that donīt fit into the TR world, Area 51 didnīt in my opinion (and neither does aliens), and having Lara break into the British Museum and shoot guards doing their job doesnīt seem like her either, so I want none of that in TR8.

woodhead
21-06-06, 11:11
Ever move was perfectly square in the originals, keeep this!

kill bill
21-06-06, 15:13
i hate scariy games.any thing else but not scairy.

BlackGrey
21-06-06, 15:14
Scary, its spelt scary.

Kiss-Bite
21-06-06, 18:23
TR1 was a much bigger game then Legend. I hope CD can produce a game thats close to the size of the original TR but with the stunning visuals of the much smaller Legend! :D I also want the CD anniversary game to build an accurate representation of the original levels in TR1! The Lost Valley, The Cistern & the undergroud sphinx ect... are all amazing levels! Croft Manor would need to be expanded although the TR1 manor didn't have an outdoor area. I wouldn't want any of the TR1 levels cut so it was just a diluted version. I just want CD to stay faithful to the original & still give it the Legend treatment. Can CD do this, & be on time for the 1oth anniversary? If they achieve this I'll be a very happy fan!!:jmp:

apayo
22-06-06, 00:03
I have post my dreams and suggestion for TR8, Im replaying the game right now and I found something that I really hate, pls dont do it anymore:

when Lara enters a room, pls do not show with the camara where she needs to go to solve whatever she needs to solve,

again, plzzz, make it dificult, we need suspense, and to feel inteligent, we need to exploreeeee, dont show us the way, let us find it!

Cheers!

Yunaīs Wish
22-06-06, 00:09
Give us animals and supernatural enemies! Just that:)

AdamTheInept
22-06-06, 07:51
I have post my dreams and suggestion for TR8, Im replaying the game right now and I found something that I really hate, pls dont do it anymore:

when Lara enters a room, pls do not show with the camara where she needs to go to solve whatever she needs to solve,

again, plzzz, make it dificult, we need suspense, and to feel inteligent, we need to exploreeeee, dont show us the way, let us find it!

Cheers!

yeah... it's REALLY annoying when the camera pans around the entire room (and always excruciatingly slowly) to show you exactly where to go, eh...
Booooo to that.

Actually... boo to hints that can't be turned off, in general

Rivendell
22-06-06, 10:45
You know what guys? I think that if CD take inspiration from this thread then they'll get So narked off at all the 'it's too easy and unchallenging' statements, and they'll give us an absolutely Impossibly challenging game with no tips just to spite us ;) !

illuminati30
22-06-06, 11:53
You know what guys? I think that if CD take inspiration from this thread then they'll get So narked off at all the 'it's too easy and unchallenging' statements, and they'll give us an absolutely Impossibly challenging game with no tips just to spite us ;) !

lol!

I was just thinking the same! 'Ah so they thought it was too easy!, we will see about that then'

Next time round we will be saying 'it was far too hard :( ' hehe

A nice balance between the difficulty of the old ones, and the easyness of the new one is needed. Something like Tomb Raider 1 :tmb:

interstellardave
22-06-06, 12:17
At this point I'll just say to CD: You now know what you need to do, so just go do it. And fight with EIDOS/SCI if you have to to keep the integrity of your vision pure--and achievable!

Crofty_Tomb
22-06-06, 13:50
1) If lara could get injured when shot and start limping and theres blood stais on her shirt/foot, (but I dont want TR8 to be a spooky game so dont over do it)

2) I wish if lara could carry water bottles, so she could use when she's thirsty.

3) I want her to have more moves, eg. wall jump, slow motion mode.

4) I want the game to be much more challenging. (Enemies have more blood and are more threatening.)

5) Instead of medpacks there would be bamdages and she "covers" her wound with it.

6) I would like an (easy) Tomb Raider 8 Level Editor + Clothes Editor :D .

7) A much more BIGGER story.

8) Much more exotic places and clothes.

9) I wish my wishes come true ;)

TR freak
22-06-06, 14:15
1) If lara could get injured when shot and start limping and theres blood stais on her shirt/foot, (but I dont want TR8 to be a spooky game so dont over do it)

2) I wish if lara could carry water bottles, so she could use when she's thirsty.

4) I want the game to be much more challenging. (Enemies have more blood and are more threatening.)

5) Instead of medpacks there would be bamdages and she "covers" her wound with it.

HELL NO! Its a tomb raider game and almost all the things you mentioned are nothing like tomb raider. The first one you said is ok and would make it more realistic but I think its just unnececary. The second one, why the hell would making her thirsty be a good thing in the game? You say more moves like the ones you've mentioned but this is supposed to be tr not prince of persia. More challenging I agree with but it needs to be more challenging coz of puzzles not just hard enemies. Medipacks are what tr is about, you dont have to make it bandages. That would just make it not tr. You describe suggestions for a game that is not at all tr. If I didn't know this was the tr8 suggestion thread I wouldn't know you were talking about tr at all. It sounds like you have only played legend and no other trs.

Crofty_Tomb
22-06-06, 14:26
Well, sorry! I just thought the water bottles would make lara more realistic and bandages too, they are unessesary but I think it would be quite fun to make lara have a break and a drink or something. "I hope you can forgive me" :mad:

TR freak
22-06-06, 14:29
Sorry for coming down on you so hard but its true almost all of your suggestions make it nothing like a tomb raider game. Why would drinking water be fun? Its like all the outfit changes. Why the hell would outfits make the game fun?

Crofty_Tomb
22-06-06, 14:39
Have you heard of the word variety? Well, it's not nice to stick on one thing continuously, (would you like to stay with the legend outfit all times?) I like unique and variety of things, now drinking from a water bottle is unique even though unnecessary.... Well, we can take that out of the list... But I want her to be doing things people do oh and yes i forgot...

10) A bigger mansion with the bathroom and all new rooms including outside, with vehicles...

WhosaidAODwasbad
22-06-06, 14:39

i like some of your ideas like the limping and stuf, i like it but tomb raider shouldn;t go snake eater over board unless its perfect. iwould ay give her a tinier life bar and if you get posined or hit hard the screen will blur like tr3!

TR freak
22-06-06, 14:46
Have you heard of the word variety? Well, it's not nice to stick on one thing continuously, (would you like to stay with the legend outfit all times?) I like unique and variety of things, now drinking from a water bottle is unique even though unnecessary.... Well, we can take that out of the list... But I want her to be doing things people do oh and yes i forgot...

10) A bigger mansion with the bathroom and all new rooms including outside, with vehicles...
Finally a good suggestion thats actually a tomb raider suggestion! The mansion suggestion is very good although its been mentioned before. And did I say I wanted legend outfits? I said I hated them. They were pointless unlockables. And yes water bottles would also be pointless and I'm glad you realise that. Some of the things you said like limping and bandages make it more realistic and would be ok but they shouldn't over do it.

apayo
22-06-06, 14:58
Hello all,

is not a question about easy or difficult, I prefer the word challenging! what is really annoying for me is all those clues about what you need to do! Seriously here, wouldnt you prefer to get to a clift and see to the other side and think, should I jump? shoud I use the grap? should I work my way around? than see a blue circle telling you: Use the grap!

Wouldnt you prefer to jump, miss a ledge, see Lara trying to grab her self up to avoid falling and press the use botton? than to see a yellow sign telling: you are about to fall, press the botton.

Wouldn't you prefer to enter a huge room, and start exploring it, looking up and beyond to check were you need to go, walk around, find it! Than have the camara telling you EXACTLY were you need to go?

Ummm, ok, is a matter of taste, but not for me,

I reapeat, I LOVE TRL, but isnt this forum about trying to suggest?

Does people really like in a game expetally action-adventure to be point and directed all the time?

Cheers people!

interstellardave
22-06-06, 15:16
Finally a good suggestion thats actually a tomb raider suggestion! The mansion suggestion is very good although its been mentioned before. And did I say I wanted legend outfits? I said I hated them. They were pointless unlockables. And yes water bottles would also be pointless and I'm glad you realise that. Some of the things you said like limping and bandages make it more realistic and would be ok but they shouldn't over do it.

Excuse me... I know the mansion was in the classic games so it's "Canon" but isn't that as pointless as the outfits are, from a certain point of view? If the outfits make her "Barbie" isn't the mansion "Barbies Playhouse?" :p

This from an original Raider, btw.

TR freak
22-06-06, 15:28
No the mansions not pointless. Its a training level and its something fun to do if you dont feel like doing a mission. The mansions there for a bit of fun. In tr1 the mansion was just teaching u basics of the game. In tr2 it had assault course which taught u basics of game and it was very fun. It also had a maze that was fun to do. In tr3 it had even more in the mansion as it had a race track which was very fun to play. Also it was fun just to get the racetrack key. The mansion is there for fun and training. What are the outfits for? To dress up barbie? The outfits are pointless. The mansion is anything but pointless.

//hikari
22-06-06, 15:37
I only liked the outfits when they were restricted. when she went to one location show wore this. when she went to another location she wore the classic outfit.

I don't need to dress her up. a lot of the clothing given was pretty ugly anyway.

-------------

i want the old feeling back. i want dark lighting. i want multicolored darkness. i want suspense. i want quiet. i want random sounds that will scare. i don't want techno (thats so out).

get. rid. of. allister. and. zip.

interstellardave
22-06-06, 15:41
No the mansions not pointless. Its a training level and its something fun to do if you dont feel like doing a mission. The mansions there for a bit of fun. In tr1 the mansion was just teaching u basics of the game. In tr2 it had assault course which taught u basics of game and it was very fun. It also had a maze that was fun to do. In tr3 it had even more in the mansion as it had a race track which was very fun to play. Also it was fun just to get the racetrack key. The mansion is there for fun and training. What are the outfits for? To dress up barbie? The outfits are pointless. The mansion is anything but pointless.

But see, I never found the mansion anything other than a pleasant diversion, and I'm sure others agree. And I LOVE the first 3 TR's. The outfits in Legend are likewise a pleasant diversion for many players.

I just take up this argument because I think the unlockable outfits are a convenient scape-goat in Legend. "The game must be so short and linear because they spent so much effort on the outfits". I know some people feel that way, but I'm not so sure that's the case. Anyway, if Legend was a game like TR1, 2 or 3 (just for arguments' sake) I don't think I'd see people complaining about the outfits anymore. Because they are really just an extra thing that you can use or not use. They aren't intended to detract from the main game in any way. And no gamer should complain about extras--just ignore them if you don't like them. ;)

Pure-Evilness
22-06-06, 15:45
Just to limit the amount of threads i though i'd make this, a suggestion to CD to what to include in the next game:

-CD keep the Legend engine it was fun and brilliant, optimise it a little and it will be perfect.

-The Mansion was great and the inside brought back memories, The outside was a little small but nice, Please please in TR8 expand it to Gardens, a Maze, and more rooms. Also let us see the front of the house.

-Keep Zip and Alistar and the Headset. This was an excellent addition and I love the characters. Let Winston do a bit more though, put him on the headset.

-Make the Tomb alot more dangerouse with fewer mercenries, more high falls and fatal deathtraps.

-Could u Make some refrences to past TR's. The Natla crates were funny and a nice easter egg.

-Make the Levels longer.

-More animals, wild creatures roaming about.

You said it. and mabe even her hair down for a level! that would be cool:D

TR freak
22-06-06, 15:49
Its true I wouldn't complain about outfits if the game was anywhere near as good as tr1-4. But because of how non tomb raidery legend was they could have at least made the extras worth while. If tr8 is a proper tr and I'm impressed with the main game throw in all the outfits they like and it wont bother me coz I'll like the game so much. But if tr8 is like legend then they better have good unlockables such as hidden levels or something like that. And thats exactly what I do with the oufits ignore them. I only mentioned them coz that person said have more outfits and I totally disagree.

interstellardave
22-06-06, 15:56
I agree (and I think most people do) that I want TR8 to be more like TR1-4 in nature. I think some of the additions that CD made can stay though, I don't want to throw out the baby with the bathwater, 'cause some change can be good. It's just that the essence of those early games needs to be brought back--and after they do that, CD can and should build on it. ;)

TR freak
22-06-06, 16:04
Well what changes that cd made should be in tr8 then? Its been discussed to death what was taken out and should be brought back but we haven't talked about what was good and should stay. I think the grapple is a good idea but is was just implemented poorly in legend. You should have to think about where to use it. It shouldn't just work on shiny things but on any metal surface.

thevman
22-06-06, 16:08
You said it. and mabe even her hair down for a level! that would be cool:D

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! :D Lara runing around with her locks flowing freely in the breeze! I'd love a level like that, but maybe just one, not the whole game. Someone mentioned this before. Maybe at the beginning her hair is in the braid, but after a swim it comes loose, then later she ties it back in the ponytail. A little detail, but it would be cool to add to the variety of her look, not just her outfits.

interstellardave
22-06-06, 16:17
Well what changes that cd made should be in tr8 then? Its been discussed to death what was taken out and should be brought back but we haven't talked about what was good and should stay. I think the grapple is a good idea but is was just implemented poorly in legend. You should have to think about where to use it. It shouldn't just work on shiny things but on any metal surface.

I think the grapple should stay too... I agree it was not implemented as well as it could have. Having multiple places to attach it to in a given area is a good idea but, being it is a game, I think they'd still have to indicate those choices somehow. Some could result in a catastrophic failure, like trip a trap or something, while others could be used to get where you need to go.

The grapple should also be used in puzzles. We need more puzzles and they need to be more complex. I do like that CD said they wanted puzzles to be logical so the player can figure them out (let's face it many previous TR puzzles were non-sensical and trial and error was usually necessary to "solve" them). They made them too easy to figure out though. Again, I liked their thought-process on this issue but they didn't implement it fully.

I also love that they didn't use the old "go back and forth across the level to find a door then go find the key then go all the way back to the door to use it" method of lengthening levels. That tactic was pretty cheap in some previous games and I think makes people believe that the levels were bigger than they actually were. I want TR8 levels to actually be BIG even if they still keep backtracking to a minimum.

I also like the headset--with this major caveat: it should only be activated by the player during gameplay. Used during cut-scenes, fine, but during gameplay you should be able to ignore it if you want and use it if you'd like. A little background knowledge on the civilization that built the temple you're in is nice, and could be provided at your request. If you're really stuck maybe you could request a hint too--but none of that should be given to you without your consent!

TR freak
22-06-06, 17:04
Well not all classic puzzles were illogical. Look at the last level of tr4. There were 3 water balancing puzzles where u had to make 2 litres, 4 litres and 1 litre. You had to keep combining the 2 bottles of 3 litres and 5 litres until you got the litres of water you wanted. I'd like puzzles like that in tr8. You have to think about it logically to solve it. Legend had a puzzle where you had to balance the boxes to get the box up to the top level. They could have done so much with that and made it more complicated and hard. CD have sort of the right ideas but they just need to expand them further.

interstellardave
22-06-06, 17:12
I forgot that water-balancing one! Yeah, that was a great one. Pity they weren't all like that! But yeah, I think games these days should have "logical" puzzles... ones that are hard to figure out but make sense when you do so. Makes you feel good to solve it rather than knowing you just "plowed through" after numerous tries...

TR freak
22-06-06, 17:48
There was nothing wrong with classic tr puzzles. I loved them. They were way better than any of legends "logical" puzzles. It cant be that hard for them to make puzzles as challenging as they were in previous games as well as making them logical. I think in tr8 there should be both logical puzzles as well as illogical puzzles that involved key finding. Key finding puzzles were very good. I think good puzzles would involve logical puzzles that when completed opens doors or gives you keys that you then have to explore to find where the key goes. TR is about exploration and finding and using items. They should keep that.

Crofty_Tomb
22-06-06, 17:58
The headet was a nice feauture BUT they gave us to much INFO on how to finish the game......they made it toooooooo easy for us, eg. Alister: (kazakhstan) "Now Lara!" Do you remember when Alister said "Now lara" for her to jump with the parachute? Why didnt WE think of the great timing for her to jump? They help us a lot, I like the headset but make an option.... headset-chatterbox-helper-saviour-hero-speechless......

So if you choose CHATTERBOX then alister/zip will be showering lara with info on where to go, non-stop. HELPER when there is a difficult part they help her to find her way.. SAVIOUR only on the risky, tricky things they start telling lara what to do... HERO in the most challenging (fighting monsters etc.) they help her. SPEECHLESS (my fave option :D ) they dont help her at all they only make comments, eg. "im glad im at home" (in nepal where zip says that his glad being home..)etc. They also tell her whats going on in the mansion (amanda breaks in)

TR freak
22-06-06, 18:11
The headset could be quite good at times but I feel that not only did it give you too many hints but the constant talking killed the tr feeling. The feeling of being alone in tomb raider is what tr is about but the headset killed that feeling and so killed the atmosphere I like in tomb raider. Ditch the headset.

//hikari
22-06-06, 18:58
the headset is a waste. if someone needs help that bad just get the book.

if you can't get the book go to the store and read it.

if you can't read it go online and find a fan made one.

if you don't have internet how are you reading this?

Apofiss
22-06-06, 19:41
Few suggestions:

*Try to make it less action, more puzzles based gameplay
*DO NOT invest too much as for TR theme/feel itself, it needs to stay someway close to original (classic TR games)
*Also old character (from classic TR games) draw in would be just positive, not directly, but flashbacks or some notes perhaps
*Levels like where riding with bike is WRONG, it's like waist of level really.. vehicles are good/exciting, but take an example from TR3 - a perfect vehicle usage/implementation
*PLEASE, work on actor-play!!! :( I don't want to admit, but it was partly not that good.. sometimes felt that Lara/others were talking/acting like robots.. except Amanda, that was quite enjoyable (good work there ^^). There is need for more emotions, a bit wierdness and funny things being involved (again, take a look at TR3)
*I have nothing much to add for level design, that was very well done in TRL (Africa was trully nice looking!)
*Ahw... I think you are giving too many things away to easily, too much at time (as for about Lara's life)
*Mansion is all nice, but try to keep all room to have some actuall usage.. or better cut them (most) off, or at least make them unassailable (that'll make players to wonder about..)
* *cough!!!* where is the trophy room, huh? Please place it back, it's a part of her mansion you know. (or if there is one, sorry <.<) ALSO ADD some yard as it was in TR3
*Put more liveness in characters like Alister or Zip, except Winston :D
*MUST be at least one secret level being connected with any of classic TR games
*PUZZLES must be harder to crack!
*Some FMVs wouldn't hurt much, also :)

TRBeth
22-06-06, 21:56
I was hoping the headset would short out after a dive in one of those water areas by Lara, but, alas, it didn't. Then when it finally went dead at the end of Africa I almost leaped for joy.

Unfortunately, it returned.

God Horus
22-06-06, 23:16
Bring in tight ropes like in prince of persia. Also, give Lara the ability to do some of the things she would do in interactive cutscenes. For example. In the Kasakhstan Interactive cutscene, Lara could have ducked and shot the thing and grappled without a custscene.

Slick
23-06-06, 00:20
Hey guys, I've been a Tomb Raider fan for a long time and love Legend. I've been looking through this board for quite some time and I think it's time I give some of my suggestions for the new game. I agree with a lot of what has already been said. What I'd like to add first of all is FMV's. Im suprised nobody misses these, I love the cutscenes and dont think there are too many of them, but I would like to see some nice beautiful FMVs in between or even sometimes during levels like there were in the older games. I would also like for there to not be any selection of how hard the game is. It should be just like the old Tomb Raiders and no difficulty levels. The vehicle segments should be like the old games and you should be able to explore and drive around in the vehicles instead of having a set course. I also agree with expanding the mansion and making the game much harder.

Crofty_Tomb
23-06-06, 10:05
Few suggestions:

*Try to make it less action, more puzzles based gameplay
*DO NOT invest too much as for TR theme/feel itself, it needs to stay someway close to original (classic TR games)
*Also old character (from classic TR games) draw in would be just positive, not directly, but flashbacks or some notes perhaps
*Levels like where riding with bike is WRONG, it's like waist of level really.. vehicles are good/exciting, but take an example from TR3 - a perfect vehicle usage/implementation
*PLEASE, work on actor-play!!! :( I don't want to admit, but it was partly not that good.. sometimes felt that Lara/others were talking/acting like robots.. except Amanda, that was quite enjoyable (good work there ^^). There is need for more emotions, a bit wierdness and funny things being involved (again, take a look at TR3)
*I have nothing much to add for level design, that was very well done in TRL (Africa was trully nice looking!)
*Ahw... I think you are giving too many things away to easily, too much at time (as for about Lara's life)
*Mansion is all nice, but try to keep all room to have some actuall usage.. or better cut them (most) off, or at least make them unassailable (that'll make players to wonder about..)
* *cough!!!* where is the trophy room, huh? Please place it back, it's a part of her mansion you know. (or if there is one, sorry <.<) ALSO ADD some yard as it was in TR3
*Put more liveness in characters like Alister or Zip, except Winston :D
*MUST be at least one secret level being connected with any of classic TR games
*PUZZLES must be harder to crack!
*Some FMVs wouldn't hurt much, also :)

Less action? I play tomb raider because of the action!!! Non-stop action!!! :D

TR freak
23-06-06, 10:11
Tomb raider is not about action. Its about exploration and puzzle solving. Its one of the reasons why legend didn't feel like a tomb raider. It had just purely action. It was going in a straight line shooting mercanaries as you go along. Thats not tomb raider. It really does sound like the only tr you've played is legend.

ivannnnn
24-06-06, 05:27
Tomb raider is not about action. Its about exploration and puzzle solving. Its one of the reasons why legend didn't feel like a tomb raider. It had just purely action. It was going in a straight line shooting mercanaries as you go along. Thats not tomb raider. It really does sound like the only tr you've played is legend.

I totally agree,there's no mythical beings..Human isn't interesting and not relating for 'Tomb Raider'

Sondog460
24-06-06, 07:08
I have posted a little of this in another thread, but I fell so strongly about it that I thought I really should post it here too.

TR 8 could be a little more mature with its content. Not quite Resdient Evil 4, but not quite Pitfall Hairy if you know what I mean. It would be more submersive to find "cures" like they use in MGS3. Med-packs feel misplaced to me. I dont think Lara should go out fishing and killing dogs for meat, but Im talking about herbs and plants she could use like Resident Evil. Lara could actually pick them out of the ground!

I think it would be also cool to use bandages, like gauze rap, for healing items too. Lara could start every new area with a limited supply in her backpack, and when you select it from your inventory, you would heal Lara and the bandage would appear on Lara's arm or leg or something in-game on her model just like her gear does in Legend. Or you could actually watch her rap it on herself, or it could be turned into a mini-game: the faster you press the button, the faster Lara will bandage herself up. The benefit of healing faster would be to get back to a gun fight or something, and it would make gunfights much more intense....

And she could not only get dirty and wet (like in Legend), but bloody and scratched up as well if she is low on health.

Imagine: Lara, double pistol ready, launches herself into a room full of mercenaries, all against one. They all have machine guns, blasting away, Lara taking hit after hit, blood splatting left and right. She dives for cover beind a cluster of rock in the dim-lit tomb, reloads her guns with new magazines, the cocking of the pistols so distinct in sound they clink echos through the hollow tomb. She sucks in her gut and flips around, low on heath, blood and scrapes everywhere on her body (due to her low health bar), and picks off two more guys. She takes a few more hits as she dives back for cover. With her back pressed firmly against the wall of rocks yet again by the new "cover" feature when fighting* (player now selcts the inventory; "heath bandage"), Lara reaches into her backpack and pulls out a wad of bandages. She extends one leg and an on screen button (such as rotating the left analogue stick clockwise) is prompting the player to do what is says to rap the bandage around Lara's leg as quickly as possible (she would be vunerable out in the open when using a bandage to heal). And there! Lara's health bar would be refilled/recharged!

(*new feature in TR 8 maybe?)

I also think, like many have said, tombs should be more scary and eery. I would love the feeling of no one being there yet, unlike Legend where most of the places you go are already discovered, even if by mere minutes ago. There should be deadly, UNFORGIVING traps in the tombs. It would be great to have the game be a bit darker. Im not saying GOTHIC like AOD was (disappointing game, btw.), but darker and more sinister. But Legend felt kid-freindly, which is great to appeal to a wide audience, but TR could have so much more potential if it was a more serious, less 14 year old fantasy land game, kind of like the way Legend was-- rather cartoonish.

Btw, Legend is a great game, and the one of the greatest TR's so far. I like what you have done with it so far CD ;)

Anyway, Im sorry, but I feel I have a very good couple of ideas going here. lol.

Tell me what you guys think! Am I being realistic or is it too far-fetched?

TR freak
24-06-06, 09:31
I dont agree with the blood thing. They shouldn't overdo blood just for realism. Maybe only a little blood like in classics but I dont think they should have it as much as you describe. Good idea but I just dont think that much blood is tomb raider.

WhosaidAODwasbad
24-06-06, 16:44
I dont agree with the blood thing. They shouldn't overdo blood just for realism. Maybe only a little blood like in classics but I dont think they should have it as much as you describe. Good idea but I just dont think that much blood is tomb raider.
yeah, even though it will make it more real I really hate blood in games unless its suppose to be utterly realistic! I think the little blood splatters or no blood would be fine! I think scratches and rips in her cloths would be cool though! also the herb thing as long as it makes you think a little and isn't long to do would be cool or better than medi packs! Tomb raider should be tomb raider i think a little bit of micromanagment and simulation would be cool!:)

A LITTLE BIT!!!!

Zep Girl
25-06-06, 18:25
I want to be scared playing the game!! I remeber in the old ones not daring to turn the lights off !!

I dont remeber the game but I was playing and I turned around and a bad guy was right there in my face!! haha

SpannaBanana
26-06-06, 01:44
I got so many ideas I dont know where to start........

Firstly one person wrote something about the invisable wall that stop you exploring the whole area, I totally agree with that!

Get rid of the 'Press THIS button' Cutsceenes, They are just pointless deaths.

Add weather effects to levels like lovley rain and make it feel like its actually raining somehow.

Dont make laras CrAzY eyebrows so active.....

Oh like Tomb Raider III they had a secret level you could goto when you got all the secrets, that was really fun.... You could maybe do the same, maybe the secret level could be a remake of the ORIGINAL (tomb raider I-III) House you can explore. ^o^ I'd love that.

Definatly keep the unlockable outfits.... More 'casual' ones like someone said.

Make the gold secret areas more interesting like say your in a tomb , you find the gold secret and there could be a lovley little pond type place, nice scenery 0.0...

Bring back the inventory and be allowed to hold more than 1 weapon and as many media packs as you find, I used to save all mine untill the end boss.

Get rid of autograb, maybe make it an unlockable option once you completed the game or something.

I noticed when I had Lara wearing her bikini that she runs like Fable... :S Weird.

Please do not include complicated ANNOYING as hell bosses in the next game, that water snake was HOIRD... I had to download a save game that had just passed that boss..... I just dont have the patience for that kind of boss, the rest were fine.

This is very pointless but maybe for the PC version if you keep the 100% thing (which is good) you could make it so you type in a username for that save file which you CAN'T change so people cant just download a save game and pretend they did it and take the credit *shakes fists* if that makes anysence.... Pointless like I said ~.~

Change the main outfit Lara wears for the next game and make the Legend outfit unlockable when you complete the game.

When your in manual aim shooting people/things make head shots and that count and kill them off quicker.

I was annoyed that I coulnt go onto the snow level wearing a bikini >:O

Get rid of the banockulars <-----HA! and make a sepeate button that you hold down to look around like the original tomb raider games.

In the mansion level have the NPC's walk around the manson when certain conditions are met like say you shoot down a shelf of books maybe Alister would pick a book up and put it on the shelf, then you can push that book in like a swicth and something happens (not a good example) or like Lara can shoot Zip's (whatever) webcam and he'll go to fix it and you can get to his pc and activate a secret room?? Maybe make some use of the sneak mode with the NPC's....

Someone said Quote"Entering Avalon, que the Original TR theme. That would be one of the greatest TR moments!" If this Avalon is a beautiful mysterious place then maybe else DEFINATLY not! And if Avalon is a beautifull mysterious place I would rather they used the music like when you just got the sword and you have to balsh the door.... The snow level music is amazing....all of it....I love that level. ----- Leave the original music to the original games. -----

OH OH OH OH OH I really wanted to make my own custom legend outfit, please make that an option for us creative clarts. And dont base it on one mesh, allow us to choose the mesh...And make the face retexturable please,,,, YAY

The PDA was pretty pointless, why not just have an option to choose while in the pause menu saying objectives. The PDA reminded me of P.N.03 annoyance.

In laras home make a basement looking like the secret passage from the libary to her room...when I first went into there I was really excited thinking I was going to the basement but no....... :(

Quote "The only thing I would want to change is the swimming controls. I'd prefer one button to go forward and then just use the thumbstick for UP, DOWN, LEFT, and RIGHT. (As opposed to buttons for dive and surface - that was a bit awkward lol)." Agreed!

Quote "Map. If You're gonna make more complicated levels it would be a nice ad to have a map in the PDA to show where you have been in that level..." No Thanks! That is just gonna make the game TOO easy.

Quote "Flashbang, smoke grenades and tear gas would be nice..." Grenades were pointless and only used them when im trying to cause myself a riot, they are ok when bosses use them though.... my opinion.

Make the faces a little less freakish?!?!? Like more human. ;)

Make it checkpoints for console players and Save anywhere for PC users would be good, especially if the invisable walls is gone..

Get rid of Laras angry eyebrow frown and make he mouth more upturned than down turned so shee doesnt look moody all the time, make her more girly looking than she is like that first picture we all saw of the new lara croft, like softer features....

Bring back the hold down a button to walk and while walking not falling off ledges...

The snow level was awsome, I dont know what made it soo good but as soon as I played that level I loved the game, make more levels as fun as that level, I've replayed that level 5 times in the past 2 day ~-0 (not with the same outfit ofcourse)

When I was reading those posts I actually had some GOOD ideas, seem to have forgotten them all now....... /sigh

EDIT!!!!:

I got bored for a second so I decided to edit the Legend Lara to look more like the Original Lara...... I failed!

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g180/SpannaBanana/laracroftBANANA.jpg

What I did suceed in however.......Is making her look less manley....

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g180/SpannaBanana/laracroft.jpg

TR freak
26-06-06, 10:54
I agree with most of the things you said but I dont agree with what you said about keeping all those oufits as unlockables. Unlockables can be so much better and can actually have a point. To me outfits are pointless and there should be different unlockables. Yes I agree there should be unlockable levels like All hallows was in tr3. I think another good unlockable would be many cheats. Now I dont just mean cheats that would make the game easier when replaying it or more fun like legend did. I mean there could be a flying cheat that you unlock that allows you to get to areas of a level that were inaccesable. Unlockables like that would really add to the replay value. They can have unlockable outfits if they want but I just think that they shouldn't just have outfits as unlockables that are pointless. They should have lots of other unlockables as well that add to the replay value. I also dont agree with what you said about the legend bosses. I like the fact that you had to think about what you had to do to defeat it and you didn't just shoot it until it was dead. Tr1 bosses were just shooting them. Tr2 bosses were just shooting them. I think a few bosses in tr3 you had to think about what to do which I liked. I dont even think there were bosses in tr4. The last boss in tr4 wasn't really a boss coz you just ran away from it. TR5 just had shooting bosses. Tr6 was brilliant for bosses imo. You have no idea how long I was stuck on the red ghost for. I eventualy figured it out and when I did it gave me more pride out of it because of its difficulty. I liked the legend bosses and my favourite was the snake. You had to think about what to do. I think the best tr for bosses was aod tho and I think tr8 should follow that example. I like my bosses hard and I like having to think about what to do and not just shoot. Other than that I agree with everything else you said.

Crofty_Tomb
26-06-06, 11:49
I have a great IDEA!!! You know in legend amanda was an unlockable...we can have the classic lara as an unlockable!!!! And unlockable moves, levels and MORE!!!! Wouldnt that be cool?

knutroald
26-06-06, 12:01
I have a great IDEA!!! You know in legend amanda was an unlockable...we can have the classic lara as an unlockable!!!! And unlockable moves, levels and MORE!!!! Wouldnt that be cool? Yes, that would be great!:)

Rivendell
26-06-06, 15:16
I have a great IDEA!!! You know in legend amanda was an unlockable...we can have the classic lara as an unlockable!!!! And unlockable moves, levels and MORE!!!! Wouldnt that be cool?

Yes!

//hikari
26-06-06, 15:23
Don't suck.

WhosaidAODwasbad
26-06-06, 15:34
please do suck because i like legend except make it harder longer and get rid of the headset in temples, caves and tombs!

Pablo.CT
26-06-06, 22:43
I would also like to see alot more Tomb's and Temple's. Especially in Jungle settings, let us Visit egypy again, that would be great

TRhistorian
26-06-06, 22:51

That is pure brilliance! So basically it would be two version of the game. The Legend engine and the grid base engine. That would be the best, I would pay anything to get a game that would do that!

thepetemaster
26-06-06, 23:07
Just like Tony hawks...
- Legend and a Classic mode -
Together as one!

(hmmm..... I wonder if you could play Legend while the loading screen from the classic was on? - lots of deaths and reloading in the classic version) :tmb:

Pacman1330
26-06-06, 23:11
I want they invent a second TRLE but most easily to build and to can burn it on a CD and play it on Playstation. But when i say a most easily editor it is that:

- We draw the outwit but don't need to install 9999999 programs.... You know what i mean?

- We >>CLICK<< add ennemys and we choose the ennemy we place or we can click "invent ennemy"

A TRLE 101 :D

Hey i thinked about Tony Hawk, i clicked valid message and i read your sugg. lol we thinked same thing

thepetemaster
26-06-06, 23:17
Jinx *white rabbits*

Well thats me safe.....Phew ;)

Agent 47
27-06-06, 13:23
the only suggestion i have is simply make Tomb Raider what it once was, an enjoyable experience with exploration being the key factor, let the player decide what they want to do,make the levels vast and the environments hidden with danger :)

Jin Uzuki
27-06-06, 13:28
the only suggestion i have is simply make Tomb Raider what it once was, an enjoyable experience with exploration being the key factor, let the player decide what they want to do,make the levels vast and the environments hidden with danger
Simply put. :tmb: Welcome to this side of the World Wide Web, 47. :wve:

Agent 47
27-06-06, 14:05
Simply put. :tmb: Welcome to this side of the World Wide Web, 47. :wve:

thanks for the welcome :cool:

raiderfun
27-06-06, 14:08
welcome to the agent 47

thevman
27-06-06, 14:33
I like this agent 47. short and sweet and to the point! :tmb: Welcome aboard! :D

Hey riv, love the new avatar! Funny, new pirates movie comes out day after my birthday! :yah:

Agent 47
27-06-06, 15:22
I like this agent 47. short and sweet and to the point! :tmb: Welcome aboard! :D

Hey riv, love the new avatar! Funny, new pirates movie comes out day after my birthday! :yah:

thanks to you also, i just say it as it is, i'm going to like it here ;) nice to see TR has a huge fan base :cool:

WhosaidAODwasbad
27-06-06, 15:25
If you build it they will come!:)

SLAYER
27-06-06, 15:42
Hi im new in this forum so please forgive me for my bad english!!! what i'd like to see in TR8:
1. Zip and the headset should be gone, or they should be in action levels like Japan, Lara talking to the player and giving hints directly is better.

2. objects and metals shouldnt be shiny, the hand icon should be removed for these makes it too easy.

3. remove the RAD mode it's useless

4. PLS shouldnt magicly recharge, the idea of always recharged or battries is better

5. speed action key should have a limited time, lara is a human not a monkey.

6. puzzels are meant to be hard and need alot of thinking, not just "put things over things and pull sth with the grapple", keys and switches should be back, some good timing puzzels, traps traps traps.

7. more exploring and non-liner levels, more secrets and pleeeeeeeeeease hide them

9. improve enemy A.I , the grenade system . more animals and SCARY things . include more weapons, maybe in addition to the pistols and a big gun Lara can carry a uzi or a magnum on her waist (like kurtis in AOD)

10. combat on PC is almost a third person shooter, include a manual aim.

8. less chickpoints, no need for a checkpoint after each jump. the ability to self save ur game, the mansion needs a saving system not chickpoints, if i want to replay the mansion i have to delete my save game ?!!!!

12. make the game more artistic (loading screens, LED ....etc)

13.cheats & object viewer menu ...... remove them, time trial ...... for what! we are playing TOMB RAIDER NOT TOMB RACER .

14. make Jonell Elliot voice Lara.

hat
27-06-06, 18:40
-CD keep the Legend engine it was fun and brilliant, optimise it a little and it will be perfect.

-The Mansion was great and the inside brought back memories, The outside was a little small but nice, Please please in TR8 expand it to Gardens, a Maze, and more rooms. Also let us see the front of the house.

-Keep Zip and Alistar and the Headset. This was an excellent addition and I love the characters. Let Winston do a bit more though, put him on the headset.

-Make the Tomb alot more dangerouse with fewer mercenries, more high falls and fatal deathtraps.

-Could u Make some refrences to past TR's. The Natla crates were funny and a nice easter egg.

-Make the Levels longer.

-Most importantly keep up the stnadards of TRL and u wont go wrong.:)

1: Yes, bigger and more challenging is the way to go, but I think cheat codes in any mansion room, would be better than codes after each trial time.
2: The mansion needs to open up to outside to bring back needed items to your partner while wearing the clothes you have chosen (bikinis included).
3: The headset and voices were helpful, yet annoying. Please make a shut off option, as if Lara was sick of all that chatter in her ear.
4: Hidden objects in tombs are fun without graphic violence, but there should be some kind of threatening action sequence, such as natural disasters (rock slides, mud slides, earth quakes, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, and whirlpools when boating).
5: Make use of all items, with more wall tunnels with pushable blocks for ledge items. Use high lever for lower/raise water level puzzels with mazes and timed gates.
6: Longer time limits in each timed challange (extra time for more bonus objects).
7: Animals or creatures could be of use, such as a certain race or family living in a specified area which is like a map for Lara (also used to help get out of traps, like a bunny on a footpad).
8: Keep Lara's personality the same as she was in TRLR, not this emotional wimp we see here.
9: Bring back the sexual innuendos, like the "Haven't you seen enough?" shower scene in Tomb Raider 2.

Dude99
27-06-06, 19:00
Legend was Awesome and I really liked the story and the way they brought Lara to life, but it was disappointingly short and easy.

It would be great if the next game was tougher and you had to work out puzzles and what to do without all those hints (that was part of the fun).

Plus a few more animals and weird creatures....remember the T-Rex from TR1 and the Yeti's from TR2!?

Keep in the magnetic grapple -it made the game more fun!

hat
27-06-06, 19:59
Keep in the magnetic grapple -it made the game more fun!
I thought I was the only one who liked it.
It was a great addition, but somehow, I think it could be even more useful.

It can be a swing with a leg push on the other side or a swing with jump/twirl for higher levels.

It could have an attachment (like two stiff tape measure lines stuck together) for tightrope moves.

A worm-like crawl (like in AOD) would also prove useful, for she can let go her hands, and hold on with her legs.

Pablo.CT
27-06-06, 20:31
I loved the grapple. I always use it in a fire fight.

Make the bosses alot more Varied, not just humansa nd one entity, but Huge statues and unearthly creatures.

WhosaidAODwasbad
27-06-06, 23:12
I loved the grapple. I always use it in a fire fight.

Make the bosses alot more Varied, not just humansa nd one entity, but Huge statues and unearthly creatures.
Exactly its a must and make them hardto beat maybe a puzzle or riddle to beat them like shadow of the colossus stlye but not exactly, similar!

Pablo.CT
27-06-06, 23:20
I think the bosses in AOD were brilliant, it required you to think what to do.

-Red Ghost, took me a while to realise that I can only get the painting when the ghost is stunned.

-The cleaner, You really had to cover to fight him anddodge his lazer beams, It felt rewarding when you killed him.

Ekhardt-You couldnt shoot him, instead you had to kick or Punch him, which also took me a while to realise.

-Karel, you couldnt beat him you had to run and avoid his horrible beams.

So boss fights should be Boss fights. The boss fights in Legend where fun dont get me wrong, but there was no challenge, (Except for snake boss). They felt more like mercenries with alot of health.

WhosaidAODwasbad
27-06-06, 23:38
exactly, boss are not about just being big anymore and a bigger life bar, its about challenge, mulitple moves, and a certain way to take them out not just shoot, shoot, and shoot some more! I liked the way how god of War did this with the Hydra boss!:)

thevman
27-06-06, 23:42
First two AoD bosses you mention were tough, last two were easy once you knew what to do. You forgot boaz! :eek: She was a pain when she turned into that giant spider! I could not for the life of me retarget the different pods for days! Finally found the right button. They mis-identified that and you have to take out all 4 pods on her to kill her! :hea:

hat
27-06-06, 23:53
exactly, boss are not about just being big anymore and a bigger life bar, its about challenge, mulitple moves, and a certain way to take them out not just shoot, shoot, and shoot some more! I liked the way how god of War did this with the Hydra boss!:)
That made me think of that giant blob monster in the first Tomb Raider.
Can anybody really kill him without cheating?

thevman
28-06-06, 00:22
Yup, just save tons of uzi ammo before the battle, plus there is pleanty of ammo laying around the platform. Just keep dodging him and shooting every second you can! He takes a loooooooooooong time to blow up! :eek:

Lost_Raider
28-06-06, 02:41
The thing about the grapple that boggles my mind is that it is the best weapon Lara have in her disposal, and it is not even lethal!!

Sniper ruining your day, drag it down and watch it fall to its death...someone just a little out of the pistol range, drag it closer for a pounding...a merc is getting too trigger-happy, stun it with the grapple to shut him up for a while...

I really want to see its use to expand a lot further without restriction... I really don't get why CD didn't allow player to use grapple during the motorcycle level...and has anyone ever thought about hook up the grapple with a harpoon gun and use it for underwater battle in TR8? (Hitch a ride on a shark, not bad :D)

As for shiny items in TRL, I don't believe the problem is the shiny coat...the real problem is that all items that you are allow to grapple only have two position, the right or the wrong position...they alway started the "wrong" position, and you are only allowed to grapple it to the "right" position...I thought anything that can spin will rotate in 360 degrees rather than suddenly stuck in the "right" position determined by the game developer...

And finally what about pulley? Lara got a grapple, and if something is too heavy to move, she'll fasten the rope around a log or something and form a improvised pulley of some sort to help her...another great puzzle to solve.

WhosaidAODwasbad
28-06-06, 03:31
That made me think of that giant blob monster in the first Tomb Raider.
Can anybody really kill him without cheating?

oh yeah just side jump all the time and unload on it with uzis or what i use to do is jump on offthe edge when he got too close grab it wait tell he is at the other end again jump up shoot and repeat!

WhosaidAODwasbad
28-06-06, 03:33
The thing about the grapple that boggles my mind is that it is the best weapon Lara have in her disposal, and it is not even lethal!!

Sniper ruining your day, drag it down and watch it fall to its death...someone just a little out of the pistol range, drag it closer for a pounding...a merc is getting too trigger-happy, stun it with the grapple to shut him up for a while...

I really want to see its use to expand a lot further without restriction... I really don't get why CD didn't allow player to use grapple during the motorcycle level...and has anyone ever though about hook up the grapple with a harpoon gun and use it for underwater battle in TR8? (Hitch a ride on a shark, not bad :D)

As for shiny items in TRL, I don't believe the problem is the shiny coat...the real problem is that all items that you are allow to grapple only have two position, the right or the wrong position...they alway started the "wrong" position, and you are only allowed to grapple it to the "right" position...I thought anything that can spin will rotate in 360 degrees rather than suddenly stuck in the "right" position determined by the game developer...

And finally what about pulley? Lara got a grapple, and if something is too heavy to move, she'll fasten the rope around a log or something and from a improvised pulley of some sort to help her...another great puzzle to solve.
i love the grapple they just need to expand on let you explore and use it on more objects! also the vehicle levels need to be revamped a lot!

Moon-Safari
28-06-06, 07:21
the secrets should be rewarding as you play. instead of idols, put medi packs, ammo, and the occasional gun upgrade. i dont want to have to step outside of the game to claim my rewards. it really takes me out of the experience

TR freak
28-06-06, 08:24
I think the bosses in AOD were brilliant, it required you to think what to do.

-Red Ghost, took me a while to realise that I can only get the painting when the ghost is stunned.

-The cleaner, You really had to cover to fight him anddodge his lazer beams, It felt rewarding when you killed him.

Ekhardt-You couldnt shoot him, instead you had to kick or Punch him, which also took me a while to realise.

-Karel, you couldnt beat him you had to run and avoid his horrible beams.

So boss fights should be Boss fights. The boss fights in Legend where fun dont get me wrong, but there was no challenge, (Except for snake boss). They felt more like mercenries with alot of health.I agree with that. AOD bosses were the best. They required you to think about how to beat them. Other tr bosses mostly just required you to dodge and shoot them. But yes you can shoot eckhardt. You dont have to punch and kick him. When all the eckhardts join together as one in the middle you shoot him until you see lara stab him with the shard. You do this 3 times. Didn't you know that?

Jabe
28-06-06, 10:17
Although I'm new to this forum, I've been reading these post for several months now - here are some things that I believe are needed for future Tomb Raiders:

Sinister Level Designers - I think its time for CD to hire people who can come up with some mean omenous traps - like a room full of giant hammers pulverizing the place. Tricky labyrinthian levels (would love to see a level that resembles Escher's art work - where Lara would find herself back in the same room but walking on a wall or ceiling - imagine the level being folded into other dimensions and tied into knots causing this Escher effect). I would like level designers who, when no one is around, would laugh maniacacly - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAA - while designing the levels, if you know what I mean.

Creative Enemies - forget the endless cloned mercs, I would far rather enter a room and face a pack of about 20 or 30 wolves - talk about danger and unpredictability - imagine swimming in a pool with 6 crocadiles, enter a region crawling with dog sized fire ants, how about giant ferrets, chupicabras, and of course dinosaurs and dangerous mythical creatures.

Background Animal Variety - should be plenty of backgound animals like birds, insects, frogs, lizards, perhaps even playful animals like cats, bear cubs, dogs, and dolphins

Better Landscape Interaction - If it looks climbable, it is climbable (unless it collapses). If it looks like you could sit down on something, make this possible (this "resting" could be used to slowly gain your health back when you run low on Medipacs).

Make Winston Fun Again - lets put it this way, Locking Winston in freezer is one thing, pushing him into the swimming pool - now thats classic.

Don't strive for Realism, strive for Surrealism - make it look realistic, but keep the fantastic locations, creatures, and so forth. A 3 mile underground region with ruins from an unknown 30,000 year old civilization with doorways into other dimensions is far more fun to explore than a merc filled warehouse.

Thats it for now, I'll be back later

thepetemaster
28-06-06, 10:40
Although I'm new to this forum, I've been reading these post for several months now - here are some things that I believe are needed for future Tomb Raiders:

Sinister Level Designers - I think its time for CD to hire people who can come up with some mean omenous traps - like a room full of giant hammers pulverizing the place. Tricky labyrinthian levels (would love to see a level that resembles Escher's art work - where Lara would find herself back in the same room but walking on a wall or ceiling - imagine the level being folded into other dimensions and tied into knots causing this Escher effect). I would like level designers who, when no one is around, would laugh maniacacly - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAA - while designing the levels, if you know what I mean.

Creative Enemies - forget the endless cloned mercs, I would far rather enter a room and face a pack of about 20 or 30 wolves - talk about danger and unpredictability - imagine swimming in a pool with 6 crocadiles, enter a region crawling with dog sized fire ants, how about giant ferrets, chupicabras, and of course dinosaurs and dangerous mythical creatures.

Background Animal Variety - should be plenty of backgound animals like birds, insects, frogs, lizards, perhaps even playful animals like cats, bear cubs, dogs, and dolphins

Better Landscape Interaction - If it looks climbable, it is climbable (unless it collapses). If it looks like you could sit down on something, make this possible (this "resting" could be used to slowly gain your health back when you run low on Medipacs).

Make Winston Fun Again - lets put it this way, Locking Winston in freezer is one thing, pushing him into the swimming pool - now thats classic.

Don't strive for Realism, strive for Surrealism - make it look realistic, but keep the fantastic locations, creatures, and so forth. A 3 mile underground region with ruins from an unknown 30,000 year old civilization with doorways into other dimensions is far more fun to explore than a merc filled warehouse.

Welcome to forum Jabe! :tmb:

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Some great ideas there.

*throws custard pie at Winston*:mis:

Apofiss
28-06-06, 10:46
Less action? I play tomb raider because of the action!!! Non-stop action!!! :D

Action like motorbike riding, mindless human killing...

thevman
28-06-06, 13:45

I really want to see its use to expand a lot further without restriction... I really don't get why CD didn't allow player to use grapple during the motorcycle level...and has anyone ever thought about hook up the grapple with a harpoon gun and use it for underwater battle in TR8? (Hitch a ride on a shark, not bad :D)

And finally what about pulley? Lara got a grapple, and if something is too heavy to move, she'll fasten the rope around a log or something and form a improvised pulley of some sort to help her...another great puzzle to solve.

I would love to see those uses of the grapple! Great ideas there Lost Raider! :tmb:

I love this idea of the escher room too! Simple enough to put to use too, lara moves a series of levers elsewhere in the level to rotate the room as needed, each way it gets twisted leads to new paths to find things!!!! :jmp: Thanks Jabe, great first post!!!

BeyondSorrow666
28-06-06, 15:08
- Carry on the story so we see some 'oldies ' (charaters <) :)

- Not As many Bloody JAGUARS !!!!:hea:

E x

TR freak
28-06-06, 15:35
- Carry on the story so we see some 'oldies ' (charaters <) :)

- Not As many Bloody JAGUARS !!!!:hea:

E x
Not as many jaguars? I know what you mean. Legend had a massive TWO JAGUARS! Its just too many :rolleyes:

fondantcookie
28-06-06, 17:26

Extremely good post Jabe !!! Welcome to the forums....

curly
28-06-06, 21:04

Brilliant Ideas! :tmb:

Jabe
29-06-06, 06:34
Welcome to forum Jabe! :tmb:

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Some great ideas there.

*throws custard pie at Winston*:mis:

It's a lot of fun here.

*Winston throws custard pie at Allistair, he runs off screaming - bumps into Zip, knocks him into pool - Later Winston slips and falls into the toilet.* :tea:

Jabe
29-06-06, 07:28
I would love to see those uses of the grapple! Great ideas there Lost Raider! :tmb:

A good idea for the grapple is to make it throwable while Lara is on the move, it was quite difficult to tackle the snake boss due to the fact that you needed to be still before you threw the grapple. Another idea for the grapple, is instead of shiny objects - allow it to attach to anything that is magnetic (rusted iron, steel, nickel, cobalt, gadolinium (probably none of this there :cln: )) - so instead of looking for that wierd sheen, you look for surfaces (could be entire walls) that just look magnetic

I love this idea of the escher room too! Simple enough to put to use too, lara moves a series of levers elsewhere in the level to rotate the room as needed, each way it gets twisted leads to new paths to find things!!!! :jmp: Thanks Jabe, great first post!!!

Using levers to twist things up - we can call this a "scrambler puzzle" - is a must for future TR's. However the Escher room doesn't need the scrambler puzzle to make it work (although it would make it crazier :D ) - all that is needed is to fold the 3-D level into higher dimensions and connect parts to other parts in such a way that the player not only gets drastically lost, but also loses all sense of direction - we could use a cube to illustrate this, imagine that each of it's square faces represent rooms and the folds between two squares to represent folding into the 4th dimension, if you start from one room and kept going right - you will be back in the same room 4 rooms down - now if you climbed up to the room above, then went right to the next room, then climbed down to the room below - you'll find yourself in the first room but walking on it's left wall instead of it's floor - this is a simple example. Hope I didn't confuse anyone :cln: Of course the "rooms" could be filled with all sorts of terrain, including waterfalls. I know of an interesting structure that contains 80 cube shaped rooms folded up into 6 dimensions - if this were to be implemented into a level - it would be one of the most craziest locations imaginable - each room can be custom made, one could have palaces, the next waterfalls and lakes, another with maze like corridoors, yet another filled with traps - but connected in such a way that defies logic - here's a possible scenario within this level: imagine you find a glass wall that looks like you can climb over it onto the other side to where you see this room, as you vault over to get to that room - that room isn't there - instead there is a giant hole with spikes - what happened! - lets say we started from room A, the room on the other side of the glass is room B, the part of "room A that is higher than the glass wall - lets call it room C (it's on a different cube, although its un-noticed in the level and looks like a part of room A) - the area past the top of the glass is room D (which you assume is above room B which happens in normal space) - but here there are 5 rooms meeting the edge (top of glass wall in this example) instead of 4 (as in normal space) - so room D is above room E instead of the expected room B - room E is the one with the spikes - Hope I'm not confusing anyone :hea: :hea: :hea: this 80 room space would be filled with this sort of thing. You would never be able to figure out which way was up - for eventually you'll get to room B, but it'll look strange, you are walking on it sideways or upside down.

thepetemaster
29-06-06, 07:50
I'll have one of whatever Jabe is drinking :mis:http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/eatdrink009.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)
:tmb:Nice stuff, Jabe, a little confusing - but I can see where you are coming from. There would have to be some kind of logic to it though - even twisted logic! - You would have to give the players a fair chance of being able to figure the enviroment out in some way.

Remember the last area of the original Silent Hill? It had a great example of this, very disorienting and unsettling indeed! :yik:
I would hate for it to turn out as frustrating as the last area in "Wonderboy2 -Adventures in Monster Land" on the MasterSystem though. I never ever managed to find a way to that darn last boss, and had to let my kid brother go at it for a day until he finally fluked his way through!
(I untied him from the chair at that point and quickly continued to pummel the last Dragon myself, claiming all the glory!:tmb:)

Laras Lil Bro
29-06-06, 11:29
when she falls to her death. i wanna see her land like the old games. not her slight scream then fade out!!! wheres the satisfaction in that when shes done your head in because she couldnt do a jump so you throw her off a cliff. its not fun unless u see her die!!!

and for gods sake cd please lose the absorbing medi packs!!! just let her pick em up like everythin els!!!

hat
29-06-06, 15:59

You know how bunnies are?
They will sit in one place for a long time and move to the side, then they will sit there for a while and scamper away when something is nearby, and bolt when they are attacked.
Put some cute fluffy bunnies in it for things like sitting on footpads, nesting in a certain spot as a map for Lara, or even hiding clues from enemies.

I'd imagine the grappler could be like the Batarang in George Cloony's "Batman Returns", and be razer sharp like a thin semi-jagged edge of the lid of a can.
Put water skies on her, and the grappler can attach to a moter boat or water plane.

The traps should also be more like the original TRs, like the chopper/cruncher/chopper/cruncher/chopper/cruncher/flame thowers/cruncher puzzel (chopper quick sharp blades in walls of metal cage, cruncher studded and sharp or normal and poisoned cieling blocks, swifly moving down to slightly raised ground) and the moving walls/machine gun territs/moving walls/moving walls/machine gun territs/rocket launcher footpad/flame throwers puzzel (pushable/pullable block included).

I'd like to see Lara walk through a (submerged in ocean) flooded room in a bubble of air, like an invisible (over waterproof clothing) airtight suit surrounding her body and head (room has fireman's pole leading to lower levels of "Sea House" and ocean floor).
Each level would have a swimming hole in the wall to hook her grappler on to go outside, or swim through the swimming space until it widens to a crawl, where she can drain the water with a lever on the wall.

Gomes
29-06-06, 20:48
To keep:

I absolutely loved Lara's personality and attitude in Legend, it was spot on! I prefer the new background story too. Keep, Winston, Zip and Alistair. Follow the Legend storyline.

To improve upon:

The headset is a neat idea but it should be used as an option. Lara could call the mansion when needing help or info and leave it on or off as the player required.

Puzzles can be more complex.

Environments can be larger and more open but not to the point they become unrealistic.

hat
29-06-06, 21:27
To keep:

I absolutely loved Lara's personality and attitude in Legend, it was spot on!
OMG!
How can you say that?
She wasn't like Lara at all, wore like a real wimp and emotional wreck! :mad:

Rivendell
29-06-06, 23:41
Maybe CD are trying to appeal to the modern 'emo' audience with new 'Emo-wreck' Lara ! ;)

thevman
30-06-06, 00:18
Just in time for Christmas!
New tickle me 'Emo-wreck' Lara! :cln:

She laughs, she cries, she laughs, she cries, she laughs, she cries, she.... http://www.storagebin.us/smilies/smilies/goof_vs_evilthumb.gif

sweetPoison
30-06-06, 00:41
And another thing, do not have those unsightly, big and round target cursors! It looks like an arcade game with them. And those unsightly 'quick press Triangle before she falls' alerts. Do not have them in the next game. It is quite clear that Lara is about to fall, so don't.

And if you are ever going to have another one of those bike sequences, take a look at the Train level in TRLR. It is quite simillar to the bike scene but this time, Lara isn't just shooting baddies and having a blast in doing so while some freak on the other end is applauding her for executing a jump.

Keep Amanda. And do NOT kill her off as though she were just another one of those baddies in the previous games. You created a great character so don't ruin her. Develop her character even more. Just as we know Lara's favorite food (beans on toast) and fear (her aunt's corgi) I want to know more of Amanda, right up to the perfume she wears and her hair dye. :D (Come on, one isn't born with peroxided hair!) :D
Please, oh, please don't kill her off!

Thank you. :)

kill bill
30-06-06, 01:02
hm well.
the pld style.black flips and side jumps.but still keep the legend moves.and more levels.

sweetPoison
30-06-06, 01:06
About the levels. We all want a long game. Look at TRLR once more. Do you see how many levels there were in that game? Now, double it for the next game. *(Well, maybe not that much) But please do not make the game last for just a couple of hours - a duration of time that I could fit in an afternoon's nap. Please, make the game longer. So many others, if not everyone has complained about this one. Thanks again.

thevman
30-06-06, 10:05
A good idea for the grapple is to make it throwable while Lara is on the move, it was quite difficult to tackle the snake boss due to the fact that you needed to be still before you threw the grapple. Another idea for the grapple, is instead of shiny objects - allow it to attach to anything that is magnetic (rusted iron, steel, nickel, cobalt, gadolinium (probably none of this there :cln: )) - so instead of looking for that wierd sheen, you look for surfaces (could be entire walls) that just look magnetic

Using levers to twist things up - we can call this a "scrambler puzzle" - is a must for future TR's. However the Escher room doesn't need the scrambler puzzle to make it work (although it would make it crazier :D ) - all that is needed is to fold the 3-D level into higher dimensions and connect parts to other parts in such a way that the player not only gets drastically lost, but also loses all sense of direction - we could use a cube to illustrate this, imagine that each of it's square faces represent rooms and the folds between two squares to represent folding into the 4th dimension, if you start from one room and kept going right - you will be back in the same room 4 rooms down - now if you climbed up to the room above, then went right to the next room, then climbed down to the room below - you'll find yourself in the first room but walking on it's left wall instead of it's floor - this is a simple example. Hope I didn't confuse anyone :cln: Of course the "rooms" could be filled with all sorts of terrain, including waterfalls. I know of an interesting structure that contains 80 cube shaped rooms folded up into 6 dimensions - if this were to be implemented into a level - it would be one of the most craziest locations imaginable - each room can be custom made, one could have palaces, the next waterfalls and lakes, another with maze like corridoors, yet another filled with traps - but connected in such a way that defies logic - here's a possible scenario within this level: imagine you find a glass wall that looks like you can climb over it onto the other side to where you see this room, as you vault over to get to that room - that room isn't there - instead there is a giant hole with spikes - what happened! - lets say we started from room A, the room on the other side of the glass is room B, the part of "room A that is higher than the glass wall - lets call it room C (it's on a different cube, although its un-noticed in the level and looks like a part of room A) - the area past the top of the glass is room D (which you assume is above room B which happens in normal space) - but here there are 5 rooms meeting the edge (top of glass wall in this example) instead of 4 (as in normal space) - so room D is above room E instead of the expected room B - room E is the one with the spikes - Hope I'm not confusing anyone :hea: :hea: :hea: this 80 room space would be filled with this sort of thing. You would never be able to figure out which way was up - for eventually you'll get to room B, but it'll look strange, you are walking on it sideways or upside down.

Jabe, Jabe, Jabe, How did I miss this post? :eek: Awesome! I get it, really!http://www.storagebin.us/smilies/smilies/rolleyes3.gif What it sounds like is you've turned lara's world inside out. Instead of walking the outside of a globe, she's walking the inside of it. So her feet are no longer pointing toward the center but instead, her head is pointed toward center! Like a gerbil in a ball!!!http://www.storagebin.us/smilies/smilies/evil1.gifI love the 6th side being a trap she just falls thru, but why not make it so there is a slim chance with a razor like path she must stay on to avoid the trap. Almost impossible to stay on, it meanders all over the place, trecherous as hell! But worth some great payoff! And for that matter, why stop at just 6 sides of an inner cube. Why not have each floor hex shaped, you'd end up with 14 sides! Or triangular? A basic geodesic doom, but she's stuck inside! Literally the gerbil in a ball!:cln:Brilliant, building the terrian on the inside of the surfaces! If each floor is large enough, the terrian could transition to the next side without even knowing it. It could lift into mountains, lower into caves, etc... The whole time not knowing we are trapped in the ball! So what if gravity was reversed and she always had to pull towards the outer edge instead of toward the center??? http://www.storagebin.us/smilies/smilies/smileystoogesthumb.gif

thevman
30-06-06, 10:25
I'll have one of whatever Jabe is drinking :mis:http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/eatdrink009.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)
:tmb:Nice stuff, Jabe, a little confusing - but I can see where you are coming from. There would have to be some kind of logic to it though - even twisted logic! - You would have to give the players a fair chance of being able to figure the enviroment out in some way.

Remember the last area of the original Silent Hill? It had a great example of this, very disorienting and unsettling indeed! :yik:
I would hate for it to turn out as frustrating as the last area in "Wonderboy2 -Adventures in Monster Land" on the MasterSystem though. I never ever managed to find a way to that darn last boss, and had to let my kid brother go at it for a day until he finally fluked his way through!
(I untied him from the chair at that point and quickly continued to pummel the last Dragon myself, claiming all the glory!:tmb:)

Isn't that the time tested use of a little bother??? Use him to obtain your goals and then claim all the glory for ourselves!? http://www.storagebin.us/smilies/smilies/evil1.gifErr, I mean TEAM up with little bro and work towards the better good of all!:hug:http://www.storagebin.us/smilies/smilies/moreek.gif
(he was walking by while I was typing. Letting him know how it works would devastate him!):mis:http://www.storagebin.us/smilies/smilies/paranoid2.gif

thepetemaster
30-06-06, 13:46
Isn't that the time tested use of a little bother??? Use him to obtain your goals and then claim all the glory for ourselves!? http://www.storagebin.us/smilies/smilies/evil1.gifErr, I mean TEAM up with little bro and work towards the better good of all!:hug:http://www.storagebin.us/smilies/smilies/moreek.gif
(he was walking by while I was typing. Letting him know how it works would devastate him!):mis:http://www.storagebin.us/smilies/smilies/paranoid2.gif

*Gathers little brothers all over world*

http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/transport014.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

*Throws them in TR8 developement basement with Samsdad*

http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/violent096.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

"C'mon kiddies, work faster!! If I don't see some screenshots soon, there'll be no more sunlight privileges FOR YOU!!!"

http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/sad026.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

lcrocks
30-06-06, 18:46
well i want

lara to have more gadgets and such things
longer levels
amanda to be dead
lara will come at kosovo

:) :) :) :)

thevman
30-06-06, 19:33
*Gathers little brothers all over world*

http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/transport014.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

*Throws them in TR8 developement basement with Samsdad*

http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/violent096.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

"C'mon kiddies, work faster!! If I don't see some screenshots soon, there'll be no more sunlight privileges FOR YOU!!!"

http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/sad026.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

NOW you're thinking like a big brother... http://www.storagebin.us/smilies/smilies/ornery.gif

Legend of Lara
30-06-06, 23:40
Here's things I want CD to ditch:
- The Personal Light Source
- The grapple
- The linear environments
- The headset
- The Legend outfit
- Those stupid high-tech binoculars
I have spoken.

HELLOfromRUSSIA)
01-07-06, 08:25
Here's things I want to remain in game

- The Personal Light Source
- The grapple
- The headset
- The Legend outfit
- Those stupid high-tech binoculars
I have spoken.

Legend of Lara
http://forums.gamemag.ru/images/smiles/happy07.gif

Jabe
01-07-06, 09:17
Jabe, Jabe, Jabe, How did I miss this post? :eek: Awesome! I get it, really!http://www.storagebin.us/smilies/smilies/rolleyes3.gif What it sounds like is you've turned lara's world inside out. Instead of walking the outside of a globe, she's walking the inside of it. So her feet are no longer pointing toward the center but instead, her head is pointed toward center! Like a gerbil in a ball!!!http://www.storagebin.us/smilies/smilies/evil1.gifI love the 6th side being a trap she just falls thru, but why not make it so there is a slim chance with a razor like path she must stay on to avoid the trap. Almost impossible to stay on, it meanders all over the place, trecherous as hell! But worth some great payoff! And for that matter, why stop at just 6 sides of an inner cube. Why not have each floor hex shaped, you'd end up with 14 sides! Or triangular? A basic geodesic doom, but she's stuck inside! Literally the gerbil in a ball!:cln:Brilliant, building the terrian on the inside of the surfaces! If each floor is large enough, the terrian could transition to the next side without even knowing it. It could lift into mountains, lower into caves, etc... The whole time not knowing we are trapped in the ball! So what if gravity was reversed and she always had to pull towards the outer edge instead of toward the center??? http://www.storagebin.us/smilies/smilies/smileystoogesthumb.gif

The cube example I used is not exactly a "hamster-ball" effect - it's even worse - let me up the dimension to show what I mean. Imagine that Lara was inside of a room - it was one of 8 cube shaped rooms - but there is a catch, these rooms are not all located in 3-D space, they are folded into hyperspace into a tesseract (4-D cube). Let's call the 8 rooms, starting from the one Lara is in: Entrance, Pool-Room (west of entrance), Tiger-Room (south of entrance), Ruins (north of entrance), Room of Stairs (east of entrance), Crystal Room (room above entrance), Trap-Room (below entrance), and Glowing-Room (west of Pool-Room). Now lets explore:

Lara starts in the entrance room and decides to go west to the pool-room, she continues to go west to the glowing-room, but she can keep on moving west, next is the room of stairs, and then the entrance again :confused: How did that room get there?, well lets go north to the ruins, continue north to get to the glowing room again :confused: - WHAT!! - you decide to look in the room to the west of the glowing room - expecting to see the stairs again, instead you see the pool room :yik:. Back in the glowing room, you continue north to find tiger-room, continue north and you're back at the entrance again. Now lets climb up to the crystal room, keep climbing up and now you're in the glowing room - but something is off - it is upside down!! :yik: - above it is the trap room (right side up), and then the entrance again. Now you decide to go back up to the crystal room and to the west to find the pool room - but now you are walking on what was it's east wall - the pool itself is on the west wall - sideways - now lets go down to get to the entrance! - now the entrance's floor is to the west, and its east wall is down below you :yik: :yik: :yik: - THIS is what I'm talking about - these 8 rooms are folded into a four dimensional cube in the same way that 6 squares can fold into a 3-D cube. But 8 rooms are not enough, how about 80 rooms - if we fold rooms into the 4th, 5th, and 6th dimension, you can have a structure with 80 cube-shaped rooms that has this crazy effect. Now instead of rooms, lets call those cube shaped areas "areas", each area could have several rooms, or you could have several areas in one room, or have rooms spanning parts of areas in such away that the areas are no longer clearly marked - this would cause some really tricky level-design.

thevman
01-07-06, 12:23
That is diabolical! :eek: I love it! :hug: I'd be lost FOREVER!!!! http://www.storagebin.us/smilies/smilies/ornery.gif
(another nugget of pure gold from the jabester!) :tmb:

Crofty_Tomb
01-07-06, 15:41
I noticed something when lara is talking on the headset with zip or alister she doesnt "lip synch" she just has her mouth closed and looks around as if she's day dreaming when she talks to them, she should lip synch..;) (like bloodrayne 2)

black_sheepa
02-07-06, 09:04
Just to limit the amount of threads i though i'd make this, a suggestion to CD to what to include in the next game:

-Make the Levels longer.

Look at my signature, dear crystal dynamics. You did a great action-game but there is nothing of a tomb raider, that is why i am a core cultist!
You HAVE TO add:

- a mass of locked doors, that you can open with hidden leavers
- movable stones (not a 2 or 3 like in Legend!)
- The headset should have a "turn-off" option, but i love it nevertheles
- The old TR theme
- of coure more different enimies
- AND A LONGER GAME

And my personal wish is to see von Croy agin! :)

Slick
02-07-06, 14:35
Look at my signature, dear crystal dynamics. You did a great action-game but there is nothing of a tomb raider, that is why i am a core cultist!
You HAVE TO add:

- a mass of locked doors, that you can open with hidden leavers
- movable stones (not a 2 or 3 like in Legend!)
- The headset should have a "turn-off" option, but i love it nevertheles
- The old TR theme
- of coure more different enimies
- AND A LONGER GAME

And my personal wish is to see von Croy agin! :)

I don't agree with the locked doors that you have to find leavers for or keys. I'm sure you wouldnt find such things in a tomb, so perhaps use the physics system they had and have the doors open in different ways. Not just pulley here pulley there but perhaps a big mix of thing you have to do to get the door open, get creative.

Night_Heaven
02-07-06, 16:07
the best suggestion---DON'T KEEP LEGEND LARA(dumb her).Change it very very fast if it is possible.Legend Lara is not Lara.Use clasic Lara or AoD Lara.:)

jarhead
02-07-06, 16:20
i think classic lara was ace. bring her back but without the pointy edges :D .

Slick
02-07-06, 16:26
It's funny how people think they actually would do that, I really dont see what is wrong with Legend Lara. She looks just like the original to me, just with the new graphics she looks even better.

TR freak
02-07-06, 16:30
It's funny how people think they actually would do that, I really dont see what is wrong with Legend Lara. She looks just like the original to me, just with the new graphics she looks even better.
:vlol: She's a totally new model and way different from the classic lara. If I didn't know she was lara already and I was just just shown a picture of legend lara without them telling me who it was I wouldn't have a clue who it was. Put the boxes of tr1-6 next to legend and you wouldn't be able to tell legend lara was the same person.

Slick
02-07-06, 16:50
Well obviously it's not the same person since the earlier Lara's were a polygonal mess (which I still loved) But the Legend Lara doesnt look that much different than Lara from Las Revelation in the FMV's. The Last Revelation Lara in the fmv's looked a little different from the previous Laras and nobody went crazy over her, so Legend Lara shouldnt be a big deal seeing she looks a lot like the fmv Lara.

TR freak
02-07-06, 17:08
Legend lara looks nothing like FMV lara. FMV lara is the one I am comparing to legend anyway. They all looked mostly the same in tr1-6 but in legend it looks nothing like her.

Slick
02-07-06, 17:51
I see a clear resemblance, but there's no point of me arguing over this because everybody has their strong views so this will just go on and on. I see the old Lara in the new on though, she's just less exaggerated and human.

badboy70
02-07-06, 18:16
i really like Legend Lara, keep her :D

Trigger_happy
02-07-06, 19:04
so do i, i think CD did a good job of making her look more human and less like a super athletic pair of boobs.

badboy70
02-07-06, 19:10
so do i, i think CD did a good job of making her look more human and less like a super athletic pair of boobs.
yes, tomb raider is not boob raider or something :)
i once read something where you could download TR1, you also could read the readme on th site this was th only thing the readme contained =
--boobs--

how bad can it get ?

Laras Lil Bro
02-07-06, 19:23
:vlol: She's a totally new model and way different from the classic lara. If I didn't know she was lara already and I was just just shown a picture of legend lara without them telling me who it was I wouldn't have a clue who it was. Put the boxes of tr1-6 next to legend and you wouldn't be able to tell legend lara was the same person.

well actually if u look at her face. none of her features have ever changed. her eyes are sill the same. her eye brows are the same shape. her lips didnt change much just got more realistic and her face only slighty changed shape to make her look more human. if u cudnt tell it was lara u cant be a very true fan. i think the only magor change was her hair and its only as in AOD it looked like plastic and on the legend cover her hair looks almost real. y wud any1 want her to look so fake again. shes only going to get prettier and more realistic which may mean sum changes but its for the good of the seriese and i dont think theres alot u can do. if u love tomb raider it shudnt matter. there spirit of lara is there and aslong as she always has a similar look ppl will no hu she is and always love her. i no i will.

Pablo.CT
02-07-06, 21:55
You can tell that Legend lara is similar to the original Lara, look at the case of TR1 and the ingame model of TRL. They look very similar except Legend lara look's far sexier

TR freak
02-07-06, 22:03
Legend laras boobs are too round. Why cant they be pointy triangles like tr1 lol.

StarCroft:AOD
02-07-06, 22:09
Legend laras boobs are too round. Why cant they be pointy triangles like tr1 lol.

:vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

Rivendell
02-07-06, 22:09

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/3826/poiboob6dt.jpg

:eek:

That's why!! ;)

02-07-06, 22:14

That's why!! ;)

Creepy:tea:

*Next TR should be TR:Lara Croft and the pointy pyramids*:)

Pablo.CT
02-07-06, 22:34
LMAO excellent, just when we thought she got rid of that maddona bra

thepetemaster
02-07-06, 23:18
OMG!!!

Put them away before someome gets hurt!!! ;)

Night_Heaven
03-07-06, 14:47
Legend lara looks nothing like FMV lara. FMV lara is the one I am comparing to legend anyway. They all looked mostly the same in tr1-6 but in legend it looks nothing like her.

Corect...that's why they must change this un-original Lara in the old Lara or AoD Lara. Legend Lara is actualy Dumb Lara with more appeal for kids.True fans want a better Lara.Soo...Eidos or whatever...change it back.I want a cool Lara Croft not a dumb Lara:ton:

Reggie
03-07-06, 15:28
I thought I'd bring this to attention CD, me and a few others were discussing how TR8 could be more immersivefor the player in terms of exploration without things becoming too vague. We ended up with quite a good little system that I think would work really well and it would be something that TR fans and newcomers to the series would like.

Here are the quotes:

Perhaps a map could be found in the more intricate Tombs but without a marker to see where you are, only your compass to get your bearings. (yes, bring back the compass!), it can still be vague that way without being too easy.

I have a new idea, I really liked how every now and then the original games had lara turn her head automatically to show you where to go or a hint of what to do next, of course not all the time but sometimes would be a help. Just don't show me when I should push a block, pull a switch or use my grapple that gets really annoying and I want to use the grapple on anything and everything!

Upgradeable maps, would be a great idea!:tmb:
Lara could find them next to the skeltons of previous explorers!

Okay for example if lara goes to an archaeological site, there should be info for the player where you are at what the archaeologists were looking for and possible maps right?! So that info should be there for you ala AOD Archaeological Site level! Lara then should be able to read more manuscripts, tablets, hieroglyphs to progress the player further in the game and immers them into the game! Also what you said of Maps is a great Idea possible a GPS tracker that gives you a 3-D map to see where you've been in that location and what you else could possible explore! I Don't want tomb raider to be easy like Legend, the older games difficulty is great but its a bit vague to where you are at or sometimes to where you need to go to next! Give us big non-linear levels, but let us find hints in the area as in Tablets or ancient texts, maps, diaries from past ARcheaologist, explores ala Indiana Jones to progress further and more smoother through the game! I know like many I will scream if TR8 is as easy as Legend. Next Gen is on the way and its time for Tomb Raider to step up a notch and make me feel like a tomb raider, not just exploring but reading tablets manually. In the past these things were done once in a while and through cut scenes or FMV's its time for this stuff to be done in game! more interactive enviroments!:) Not Easier ones!

I know little history of the Atlantians. Just to be able to read ancient manuscripts, and hieroglyphics, would be great to learn more of what you are looking for in the location and where you are at! And what happen to the people that used to live there or built the area!

We know in RPG's you can practically talk to any Non Playabler Character, or computer people. So instead of people, whenever you see a text, document, tablets, hieroglyphs to read you can. We know that in RPG's only a few NPC's are useful or needed to complete a mission or continue in the game, the rest of the NPC's are just there for flavor. So some may say, "there is a ship at the dock" and others may say, that "I like Ice cream", so only one NPC's comments are really useful. IN Tomb Raider you could do the same, of course not every single wall would have writing on it or be readable but a good amount would. Some writings talk about everyday life of the person who is entombed there and other writings would give you riddles of puzzles/Where to go next or info of what or where you are at. of course all of this requires more time, but it is possible and quite easy when you think of it being exactly like NPC's in RPG's like Oblivion or Final Fantasy!

Some great points there Whosaid.
:tmb:
This is where the series could benefit from some kind of new gadget. The gps idea is a very godd one indeed. The new Metroid games had a great 3d mapping system, and a similar thing in Tomb Riader could be very helpful. The player wouldn't have to use it - but the choice would be there. I'm sure Zippy could figure out how to get Lara one from Ebay. Hell it may even arrive through the mail before her next adventure if she was lucky. :mis:
Metroid also had a great scanning visor. An extra function could be added to her binoculars, like a 2nd function - a ramped up RAD mode, and this would handle the translation of texts and such. This would keep it simple for people and practical. The text could then be accessed in a note-book and the player would have to decipher waht it all meant. An example being, an inscription on a tombstone (this will be the code/sequence), scan for translation, then find door, scan - (this would be the interface/input device) and Lara would have to then figure out how to put the two together.
This could be used on chests, doors and mechanisms etc. Other translations may add to map - and show secret areas or locations of rewards etc. There are lots of good uses that could really 'UP' the immersion factor. The only trick is implementing such talents believebly and user friendly ie 'fun to use'. If it were too protracted or labour intensive, then this may put off people at the other end of the scale who just want to 'kill stuff' and make 'stuff go BOOM'!;)

I hope Petemaster and Whosaid don't mind me quoting them on their ideas but I think they deserve the attention of Crystal Dynamics. ;)

WhosaidAODwasbad
03-07-06, 15:50
Thanks Reggie, I really hope CD listens to all our Ideas and thinks of ways to make TR better. I think TR has a long ways to go before its truly tomb raiding again. TR1-4 was the best anybody could do with that software and hardware. Its time for TR to step up a notch and become better and more innovative. I love all of Tomb Raiders, but its time for it to do more. I want to explore massive Enviroments as big as New York city, Climb on everything, have tons of different exoctic traps, animals and enemies come after me. Legend was a step, but hopefully TR8 will be a bigger leap not only to make it harder and longer and make it more like the originals but also to add tons of new features and things that makes you feel like you are actually Lara Croft a Tomb Raider!!!

Reggie
03-07-06, 15:57
Amen to that ^.^

ivannnnn
05-07-06, 10:41
What u said is mine :D

thevman
05-07-06, 14:38

That's why!! ;)

*pokes eye out* http://www.storagebin.us/smilies/smilies/poke.gif

sweetPoison
05-07-06, 22:45
CD could you also implement mathematics, science, physics, geography, philosophy and also history in the new game. I would like to use my brain once in a while in solving puzzles and traps...or some way to complete the level. Please do not think of us players as if we were fools who had just undergone a brain transplant only for the brain to reject us.
Just look at the puzzles in silent hill. We always had to use our brains just to solve a small puzzle so we could enter a new door. Mathematics was used in the game. Logic and much more.
Please. :)

06-07-06, 00:11
CD could you also implement mathematics, science, physics, geography, philosophy and also history in the new game. I would like to use my brain once in a while in solving puzzles and traps...or some way to complete the level. Please do not think of us players as if we were fools who had just undergone a brain transplant only for the brain to reject us.
Just look at the puzzles in silent hill. We always had to use our brains just to solve a small puzzle so we could enter a new door. Mathematics was used in the game. Logic and much more.
Please. :)

I was thinking the same thing about Silent Hill puzzles:eek:

scottconny
06-07-06, 14:51
http://www.geocities.com/scottconny/lara.jpg
I think Lara looks nice revisiting Nevada with her legend outfit.

WhosaidAODwasbad
06-07-06, 15:05
Those are great ideas with puzzles, for example the library in Legend where you had to pull the books and in the pool area the riddle was about the colors I new what some where but had to figure out what the other names where for the colors! I think knowleged of maybe for example in a egyptian level about RAmess the Great or Mathimatics to see how much water you need to put on a scale would be great!

Mr_X
07-07-06, 06:01
I'm all for the return of the classic TR theme as long as the Legend theme music stays as well.

Shark_Blade
07-07-06, 06:43
Keep her looks but get rid of her pony tail. We want her braids back.

Boss fights should be more complex, not just shoot em and kill.

The levels are too straight forward, make it more tombraiderish

Keep the swimsuit :mis:

TOMB RAIDER AOD
07-07-06, 07:15
chuck crystl... out and core back in

WhosaidAODwasbad
07-07-06, 13:08
Never Gonna happen! If CD screws up really bad which I doubt highly! Then it would probably go to the hitman team!!!:(

Agent 47
07-07-06, 13:20
Never Gonna happen! If CD screws up really bad which I doubt highly! Then it would probably go to the hitman team!!!:(

I.O Interactive.........hmm, i like that franchise so i can live with that :jmp:

WhosaidAODwasbad
07-07-06, 13:35
Hey I would give Tomb RAider to the POP team the only thing is that I would be afriad of lara unlocking the sands of time and being able to reverse time and wall run and prince of persia stuff!:(

Legend of Lara
07-07-06, 15:36
This is how the opening of TR8 should be:

*Lara is gearing up*

Zip: You forgot your climbing gear.
Lara: I know.
Zip: And headset.
Lara: I know.
Zip: And the binocula...
Lara: Zip, I have tons of gadgets, never gonna use them.
Zip: You don't even want help from me and Alister?
Lara: Help? You call "WOOOO-HOOOOO!" "help"?
Zip: I'm gonna jump into a hole and die.
Lara: Finally!

sweetPoison
07-07-06, 20:07
I want to see Lara cry like a baby! :D I want her to be more human. Character development only really happened at the end.

TR freak
07-07-06, 21:22
I want to see Lara cry like a baby! :D I want her to be more human. Character development only really happened at the end.
NO NO NO!!! Dont make her an emotional little wimp. She's supposed to be a tough badass. I thought she got too emotional in legend. She was too I want my mummy back and I'm really sad. I hated that.

illuminati30
07-07-06, 23:48
Scrap the difficulty setting. What on earth is this doing in a Tomb Raider game?????

Pablo.CT
08-07-06, 11:01
Scrap the difficulty setting. What on earth is this doing in a Tomb Raider game?????

I agree completely, just make the game one difficulty

WhosaidAODwasbad
08-07-06, 16:23
Tomb RAider one had a great difficulty it ranged at the beginning at an average level and it progress hard as you progressed through each level and Civilization!:) That is what CD should do! And don't start as easy as the boliva level that was way too easy! I wouldn't mind seeing TR 3 and TR: The Last Revelation difficulty those where hard but alot of fun and made you think! Those two tomb raiders actually made me think of Ammo, Flare, and medi pack conservation you had to say ok do I heal or can I go further, do I use the desert eagle or the pistols because you may need them later!

RAID
08-07-06, 16:39
Here are acouple of suggestion to CD.

The Level select in TRL wsa a great idea, like it was in the first 3 games, but not quite. When I replay a level and finish it, I'd like the one after it to load not the title screen. It was very frastrating to play a level, go back to the tile screen, load a mansion scene that's between the levels, (Like between Bolivia and Peru, England and Nepal) go back to the title screen and load a level, finish it, go back to title and so on...

Also the cinematics idea was great, however insert a "Play All" feature. Or better, "Story so Far..." for old times sake...

Well done with the closet feature. I was hoping to see it :tmb:

There were some glitches in the game. The Bolivia scenes were OK. But from Peru onwards, whenever Lara drew her guns in a scene, they would be in her hands and in the holsters at the same time. What's up with that?:confused:
TR1 and TR2 had that glitch.

The levels shouldn't be so linear, fire whoever came up with the idea of cutting all that stuff from the trailers leaving the game only with 8 levels.

Bring back the old soundtrack like echoes and stuff, the noises that add the fear factor. The creepy noises that made it seem like you were in a real Tomb/Cave, etc...

Slick
08-07-06, 16:58
Here are acouple of suggestion to CD.

The Level select in TRL wsa a great idea, like it was in the first 3 games, but not quite. When I replay a level and finish it, I'd like the one after it to load not the title screen. It was very frastrating to play a level, go back to the tile screen, load a mansion scene that's between the levels, (Like between Bolivia and Peru, England and Nepal) go back to the title screen and load a level, finish it, go back to title and so on...

Also the cinematics idea was great, however insert a "Play All" feature. Or better, "Story so Far..." for old times sake...

Well done with the closet feature. I was hoping to see it :tmb:

There were some glitches in the game. The Bolivia scenes were OK. But from Peru onwards, whenever Lara drew her guns in a scene, they would be in her hands and in the holsters at the same time. What's up with that?:confused:
TR1 and TR2 had that glitch.

The levels shouldn't be so linear, fire whoever came up with the idea of cutting all that stuff from the trailers leaving the game only with 8 levels.

Bring back the old soundtrack like echoes and stuff, the noises that add the fear factor. The creepy noises that made it seem like you were in a real Tomb/Cave, etc...

EXACTLY! Agree 100% Also I was watching The Cradle of Life last night, and man. They should really have a level like the cradle of life.......it looked so awesome, and those evil creatures from the trees were amazing. I know a lot of people think the game and the movie should stay really far from eachother, but I think Cradle of Life had a lot of great stuff that could be in the game. The last thing I'd say......have the hairstyle from Cradle of Life, it would satisfy both groups because it mixes the ponytail and the braid together.

Dasha_Croft
09-07-06, 00:54
Here are mine:

- Please stop doing that thing where if you slow down on the motorbike, Zip says : You got to get moving.... it's very annoying..... and the high jump: wwwwwwwwoooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooo!!! .....not cool.

- Longer levels.........like Cleopatra's Palace in TR4.....

- Headset: Limit the talks to only 1-2 convos for each level...not 5-100

- Can you let Lara at least do something in or on the water??? like A JETSKI!!!!

- A bigger variety of weapons.........not 2....

- At least have more cheats and more challenging ways to do them........not by passing a level but facing north or something like that.....

Gomes
09-07-06, 11:09
No, that was AOD Lara. :P

OMG!
How can you say that?
She wasn't like Lara at all, wore like a real wimp and emotional wreck! :mad:

As for Future Tomb Raider games I'm starting to think the more "innovation" that has been added, the more the game has been spoilt. Why are people still playing the first Tomb Raider today, besides the blockiness and all the limitations? Because it's good. It's big, there is lots to explore and there are always surprises in the next corner.

It doesn't matter all the awesome moves and tools Lara has if the game is short. I want a huge game. Huge levels. Make it grand, that's all. Waste your time designing levels that are larger, more challenging and take wits and time to complete.

Brwarner
10-07-06, 00:26
I think maybe like was discussed here might be good:
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=69064&page=3
by that I mean like having a town beside the manor, give people who beat the game more to do.

Raydai
10-07-06, 11:14
Now they have the engine they don't have to worry about that so they can fully work on the gameplay and story development.

I hope they don't use any shiny objects. Do CD think we are retarded people? :p

Games have to be tough, hard and difficult just back in the old days. Make the action hard with moments you can throw your keyboard out of the window and puzzels that crack your brain. This is why we buy games, for the challange and the satisfying fun you get when you beat it.

Don't use any CD/DVD security for the PC version because you only hit the people with the legal version, it can be cracked so why bother? Please CD, respect your customers. If the game is good you gain respect from us wich result in very good sales of your product.

CD promised us for multiple solutions for solving puzzels. This is bull**** in Legend. Everything in the game could be done in only one way and the level were linear. If they working on this the gameplay will be so damn great.

Put a T-Rex in it and other dinosaurs. Because:

1. They are damn cool.
2. They can be very challenging

Don't think this could be unrealistic because they are extinct but we are still living between dinosaurs (rhino, crocodile as example) and who knows where on this planet we can still encounter them. Sureley Lara can find them.

Crofty_Tomb
10-07-06, 12:08
errm maybe they will just improve the graphics and laras moves, but keep the everything the same other wise.

Kurtis.....XD not more then an easter egg please. I only say that because, I'd like to see Kurtis designed better.

I've been trying to think of suggests

1. Give Lara a workout swimsuit. I doubt she does swimming excerises in a Bikini.

2.Next to the dirt on her skin, there should be some cuts and bruises.

3.Abilitiy to turn off the headset, but she still talks on it dureing cutscenes. I have a cellphone I only use for emergancys. I hardly talk on it but in emergancies. Perhaps we can apply this to the headset. I mean if Lara ever gets into some serious trouble, how is she going to call for help? hrmmm I guess she could get a cellphone too. XD

Cellphone? For help? NO WAY!

spacesurfer
10-07-06, 16:46
Make it were you can save when you want not when they want, that use to be the way in tr 1 2 3

daafiej
10-07-06, 19:11
the levels and the whole game should be much and much longer!!!!
in TR1 to TR 5 the levels where long it was cool
maybe what the thread says Lara must be more freely and so must be the levels.. with the engine of LEGEND and the kind of levels of TR 3 or something this should work pretty fine!! :)

best game i guess is TR3 (the game is almost as real as possible) or TR1 (original)

WhosaidAODwasbad
11-07-06, 01:36
I personally think that levels should be cut from tomb raider and instead it should focus on only 2-4 locations of awesome size kinda like Jak II and 3 together! So you would have hubs with multiply cities and areas instead of Levels!

WhosaidAODwasbad
11-07-06, 02:38
I would like the cineamatic camera that they had in earlier Tomb Raider's such as the overhead and side views like TR 2 when you are running from the boulders in the great Wall!

Also newer weapons, such as AOD's stun gun is great because it makes the game feel more realistic considering that she is already trying to clear her name from a murder!

Some mission based objectives such as get this artifact in a museum or a private collectors house with killing anyone or being detected!

I want an RPG, Rocket launcher, and grenade launcher like tR2 not 3! Just more weapons to choose from shorta like RPG where their are tons of different styles and ect.. to choose from!

Outfits she can buy to get ready for the cold or the humid Rainforest!

Upgrades, from her strength to her weapons and gadgets like the grapple such as repel feature or zip line!

amiro1989
11-07-06, 17:32
Take it like a hint for future games. I would like CD to make an sequel to AOD after the 10th anniversary edition and after TR8. I wish they could only do it.

For TR8:
-More Realistic Graphics
-More stunning moves
-Non-linear gameplay
-Excellent voice acting (Like in TRL)
-Make Lara more unique(I mean the character by itself, based on her story, make her more harsh "psychologicaly" :D )
- More magical atmosphere, in Legend i didn't felt like i was entering the game something left in it, i was not afraid when someone or something attacked Lara, nor I didn't felt stressed when a boulder was behind and following Lara.

WhosaidAODwasbad
11-07-06, 18:01
the levels and the whole game should be much and much longer!!!!
in TR1 to TR 5 the levels where long it was cool
maybe what the thread says Lara must be more freely and so must be the levels.. with the engine of LEGEND and the kind of levels of TR 3 or something this should work pretty fine!! :)

best game i guess is TR3 (the game is almost as real as possible) or TR1 (original)

Yeah, Imagine what TR 3 would look and feel like with the legend engine, it would be awesome! I love that game but that's when the controls to me got really old and her movements felt the same she felt like a tank! I don't care what button I press, just her actions on screen weren't that well done!

WhosaidAODwasbad
11-07-06, 18:02
Make it were you can save when you want not when they want, that use to be the way in tr 1 2 3

Exactly, either way that or checkpoints are okay! But I think that it should be you can save anywhere and at the end of the level, it automaticly saves! So an auto-save feature at the end of levels would be nice!

::croft::
13-07-06, 02:58

-Make the Levels longer.

great list pablo but the most important thing they should do is continue off from were tomb raider legend ended and keep the head set

Shark_Blade
13-07-06, 08:55
- bring back her braids
- more animals
- more complex bosses
- levels are too straight forward
- enable/disable headset
- interactive cut scenes must not be predictable all the time
- Lara is too soft in the story. she must be cunning and sharp
- put all the cut-out levels and scenes in TR 8. I don't wanna miss any of the actions.

Pablo.CT
13-07-06, 10:25
I was thinking wouldnt it be great to have a Puzzle Similar to this one:

Lara walks into a huge chamber and there is a great stone tablet near the entrance. It may read an incription like a riddle, harder than the Croft Manor Library one though. Next there are many Symbol Tiles on the floor and the exit at the other end of the room. You have to understand the story or incription on the Tablet in order to Step on the Right tile in the right order. The tiles may have Images on them which relate to the certain part of the story. If you stand on all the right tiles the exit door will open and a clear path will be up ahead to the exit, However if you get it wrong the floor crumbles and so does the cieling and you have about 6 seconds to dash for the exit before you are entombed.

Anyone else like this, its different than the physical Puzzle's as it requires you to use your knoledge. Reading a comprehension and selecting the right answer's to get out Alive.

thevman
13-07-06, 14:19
I was thinking wouldnt it be great to have a Puzzle Similar to this one:

Lara walks into a huge chamber and there is a great stone tablet near the entrance. It may read an incription like a riddle, harder than the Croft Manor Library one though. Next there are many Symbol Tiles on the floor and the exit at the other end of the room. You have to understand the story or incription on the Tablet in order to Step on the Right tile in the right order. The tiles may have Images on them which relate to the certain part of the story. If you stand on all the right tiles the exit door will open and a clear path will be up ahead to the exit, However if you get it wrong the floor crumbles and so does the cieling and you have about 6 seconds to dash for the exit before you are entombed.

Anyone else like this, its different than the physical Puzzle's as it requires you to use your knoledge. Reading a comprehension and selecting the right answer's to get out Alive.

That's cool and fits in with the atmosphere beautifully pablo! :tmb:

Pablo.CT
13-07-06, 14:23
Thanks. I hope they include more knowledge puzzle's in the next game.

Education through Fun :)

LegendLuvr24
13-07-06, 15:07
Personally I liked the mirror puzzle in TR4. I liked how the room you were in looked perfectly safe yet by looking in the mirror it was rather dangerous. Truly a difficult puzzle.

Samsdad
13-07-06, 17:41
I have been thinking about puzzles and traps in tombs. Normally the builders are not going to leave instructions on how to disarm/open the trap/door around for someone like Lara to decode and turn the trap off or open the door. The challenge for Lara is how to spring the trap (open the door) without gettin killed or to nullify the trap (i.e. by using a boulder to push through the swinging blades in Ghana) or to circumvent the trap/ find a way aound the door (i.e. swinging over pits/taking a more laborous route). The key to the challenge is that Lara has to invent the solution and not have a readily apparent solution rigght at hand. The ablity to interact with the environment would have to be ramped up extensively (i.e. instead of having a convenient boulder handy Lara may have to locate an outcrop of rock, strategically place a grenade and blow loose a boulder that she can use. Make Lara think and explore the environment and not just find the "key" that the builders left ages ago.

amiro1989
13-07-06, 18:12
XmisscroftX said in another thread that changing weather could be great just like GTA.

WhosaidAODwasbad
13-07-06, 22:00
I have been thinking about puzzles and traps in tombs. Normally the builders are not going to leave instructions on how to disarm/open the trap/door around for someone like Lara to decode and turn the trap off or open the door. The challenge for Lara is how to spring the trap (open the door) without gettin killed or to nullify the trap (i.e. by using a boulder to push through the swinging blades in Ghana) or to circumvent the trap/ find a way aound the door (i.e. swinging over pits/taking a more laborous route). The key to the challenge is that Lara has to invent the solution and not have a readily apparent solution rigght at hand. The ablity to interact with the environment would have to be ramped up extensively (i.e. instead of having a convenient boulder handy Lara may have to locate an outcrop of rock, strategically place a grenade and blow loose a boulder that she can use. Make Lara think and explore the environment and not just find the "key" that the builders left ages ago.

Exactly some time just how you loose your keys to a your safe or some deposit box, the builders of traps may have lost the key or the switch may have been damaged long ago so lara will have to find another way other than just using the key! YOu are really having some great Ideas, CD listen up and hear Samsdad out!

pintoX
14-07-06, 10:59
--keep the graphics - outfits - secrets.
-more weapons - where is the rocket louncher of TR3, UZIs, etc. ?
-more puzzles and more difficult
-no checkpoints - i'd like to save whenever i want!!!
-imrove the manor - outside pls!!
-make it with different endings according to choices you make on the game
-longer longer longer longer longer longer longer
-let us explore!!! no straight forward rooms!
-animals? bring back the monkeys, lizards, dinos! :D
and last but not least.........

LEVEL EDITOR pls !!!

Shark_Blade
17-07-06, 05:52
The most important essence of any TR game:

The levels! don't make it easy. and make many paths of twist and turns/dead ends like the past game.

Lara Croft herself needs her braids back, and her personality: tough and fearless. No cheesy, cheeky, emotional breakdown, soft Croft.
Check out this thread:http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=69841

Seriously, have CD played the game. In some artical I read you played the past games and do interviews with people who played TR. Who are they trying to fool? The consumers? We know a good final product when we see one!:mad:

irjudd
17-07-06, 17:23
No more hints, take away the headset! No need to hear Lara talking to some guy while you try to explore. Lets have the tombs feel cold, dark, quiet. Like tombs!

rika2
17-07-06, 17:26
The most important essence of any TR game:

The levels! don't make it easy. and make many paths of twist and turns/dead ends like the past game.

Lara Croft herself needs her braids back, and her personality: tough and fearless. No cheesy, cheeky, emotional breakdown, soft Croft.
Check out this thread:http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=69841

Seriously, have CD played the game. In some artical I read you played the past games and do interviews with people who played TR. Who are they trying to fool? The consumers? We know a good final product when we see one!:mad:

all, in one post, that's exactly what CD should do. Also ask tips from ex-tombraider level designers, both CORE and good costum level designers.