PDA

View Full Version : Official Tomb Raider 8 Suggestion Thread For Attention Of Crystal Dynamics

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

LVTR
18-07-06, 16:36
And she could not only get dirty and wet (like in Legend), but bloody and scratched up as well if she is low on health.

I don't want noticeable blood. There are hundreds of games where you can see blood and gore. I want to be challenged but I don't want to be grossed out.

trfan518
18-07-06, 18:05
I don't want noticeable blood. There are hundreds of games where you can see blood and gore. I want to be challenged but I don't want to be grossed out.

very well put i agree completely

jarhead
18-07-06, 19:39
although i dont want to see lara fall a long way and then have her bones pertrudong her flesh and blood gushing like a waterfall, some red areas if she had injured herself and that wouldnt be too bad, just realist

fallen-angel
18-07-06, 20:31
Scrap all of this Legend bull and go back to AoD and *real* Tomb Raider. That is all.

TR freak
18-07-06, 20:39
Scrap all of this Legend bull and go back to AoD and *real* Tomb Raider. That is all.
Partly agree there. I do think that alot of things should go back to aod but I also think that alot of stuff should be inspiration from the other classic trs. Also I think little things from legend should be kept like her free flowing movement.

Assassino
18-07-06, 20:41
I agree ^^^ but one thin g AoD had that legend didn't...BLOOD I want some more blood, and bones cracking when she falls from high ledges!

Angel_14
18-07-06, 21:00
First change Lara's moves. In legend, she jumped on the wall like a spiderman, or Wonder woman. Not a problem, but seeing Lara jumping on the wall like that, makes me think, that she has some kind of super power...

Her personality: Where to start, where to start... First Lara is like a little teenager, who watched too much the Alice in Wonderland, than goes out into the wild, but realizes, that the rabbits don't talk, life's not a strawberry cake and the queen is not an ugly old woman, it's her old friend, Amanda.
'And here comes the bloody tourists to spoil it' When I first heard it, I thought, she was going to say: 'And here comes the ^Ł$ß&@! tourists to **** it up' Please, no more one liners. That's not Lara.

Third, stop creating Legend2, go back, start playing with TR1-TR4 and try to realize, that pretty graphics, headset, 32 outfits and pretty moves don't make a good game. After that, you can go back and maybe you put some of those elements in Legend2.

Fourth, Instead of unlocking outfits, what about unlocking levels/moves/concept arts/characters? I bet it's more enjoyable, than running around in Pink wintercoat, yelling: 'YAYZ! Pink so fits to Lara! Let's see, if it gets wet!'

I've spoken :p

Shark_Blade
19-07-06, 06:40
Legend Lara is not Lara Croft. We have debated this issue heavily in this thread http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=69841

And the levels really need a heavy development process.
Aside from that,the graphics are astounding and the voice acting were done superbly. Thank you.

raiderfun
19-07-06, 15:01
so what's up here ?

evilralf
19-07-06, 15:01
i agree with all of the things peeps had said (well most things):tea:

mangungutya
19-07-06, 16:22
Make us think about it and work for the end. No more glowing hints. Zip and Alaster need to stop giving hints(the extra info was fine). PLEASE!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!! NO more interactive cut scenes.

LVTR
19-07-06, 18:37
I want to see Lara cry like a baby! :D I want her to be more human. Character development only really happened at the end.

I have to disagree. You can see all the emotions you want on TV and in movies. Lara is not a super-woman but her gifts and talents make her superior to the average person. One of her superiorities is that she controls her emotions - she is mature. I did not like the last scene of Legend. Lara's behavior in the last scene was out of character. :)

Lara Croft Fan Joe
19-07-06, 19:43
I have to disagree. You can see all the emotions you want on TV and in movies. Lara is not a super-woman but her gifts and talents make her superior to the average person. One of her superiorities is that she controls her emotions - she is mature. I did not like the last scene of Legend. Lara's behavior in the last scene was out of character. :)
I have to disagree, i think it shows that lara is a person, with feelings, and you cant exactly control your emotions when youve just found out your mum is not actually dead, you thought it was your fault but it was actually some peroxide addict called amanda

LVTR
20-07-06, 16:44
Crystal - if the next game must have driving sections could they be more like the Venice boat chase from TR 2 :)

That brings back great memories. I loved that you had to rev the boat up the ramp and crash through the glass overpass. What a thrill!

LVTR
20-07-06, 16:48
Damn...TR games are so unique in my game collection that I got to put more suggestions...

Okay...TR1 was a great game in 1996 not because of Lara, it is because at that time, Core manage to create the most realistic, most interactive, and the largest game environment that no one has ever seen before...You feel like you just visited a real tomb, or a real jungle back then...

I discovered TR only 4 years ago. Can you summarize why fans were complaining about the TR1-4 games? Also, does anyone think any company today can afford to give us a game equal to TR1-4? (My hope is that they can!)

mangungutya
20-07-06, 17:09
Turn Lara back into the unfeeling, gun-toting, just wants to explore tombs version.

I would also add:
-surprise attacks are better than seeing, by a red arrow, where the baddies are.
-please let us think our way through the game.
-a really good storyline wouldn't hurt either. (They haven't been so hot lately.)
-bring back the creepy baddies and animals(don't just leave it as people that have somehow gotten stronger by magic.)

xMiSsCrOfTx
21-07-06, 00:57
Make us think about it and work for the end. No more glowing hints. Zip and Alaster need to stop giving hints(the extra info was fine). PLEASE!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!! NO more interactive cut scenes.

100% agreed! :tmb:

LVTR
21-07-06, 17:03
I have to disagree, i think it shows that lara is a person, with feelings, and you cant exactly control your emotions when youve just found out your mum is not actually dead, you thought it was your fault but it was actually some peroxide addict called amanda

I agree that there should have been some profound reaction in that scene but Lara's reaction in Legend required no creative talent at all. A child could have written that scene. And I respect your point of view LCFJ - the entertainment industry in the US at least is obsessed with realism. My argument is that (1) I'm surrounded by real people and I'm not entertained by many of them; (2) TV and movies are saturated with 'realism'; (3) fantasy movies are blockbusters - Superman Returns $164M (still playing in US), Lord of the Rings (Fellowship) $377M, Chronicles of Narnia $291M, James Bond (Die Another) $160M, Star Wars (Revenge) $380M, Matrix (Reloaded) $281M and even Pirates of the Carribean (Dead Man's-still playing in US) $258M...:)

Data from www.IMDB.com - do you copy CD?

LaraX
21-07-06, 17:39
the section of the cars of Lara in the house, like in the movie, and when somebody hit Lara, that you can see the crakcs, the damage in her body, and see how with the time, tha damge desappear, when she take care of her!!!;)

fondantcookie
21-07-06, 18:02
Turn Lara back into the unfeeling, gun-toting, just wants to explore tombs version.

YES !

I'm not sure if i've already posted in this thread... (no doubt I have, but its wayyy too long to check...)

Anyways...

My suggestion...

CD, GO BACK and play the classics....

You said you did during the development of Legend....but from the end result it looks like you actually just watched the movies (which SUCK by the way....)

Recapture the magic, the atmosphere, the deadly silence and distant noises in the distance, the exploration, the challenge, the animal/mutant/mythological adversaries, the vast non-linear environments, the keys, locks, levers and traps (darts, spikes, lava, swinging blades), the flares and ambient lighting, the isolated feeling, the complex puzzles and need to consult a walkthrough... ....recapture the essence of tomb raider !!!!

:yah: !!!!

belter_21
21-07-06, 18:27
Please do not return to AOD. It was awful. It was not TR. People moaned about Chronicles then **** we got AOD.

No doubt making TRAE will produce tons of good ideas for TR8, so please make it like the first 3 games. But with new ideas that move the franchise on.

Many new games incorporate vehicular sections, driving tanks, jeeps, *Oblivion* God bless it's cotton socks even has characters RIDING HORSES in a free roaming, realistic manner. Imagine Lara riding a horse, or an Elephant in India, ....:D

Rivendell
21-07-06, 21:30
Recapture the magic, the atmosphere, the deadly silence and distant noises in the distance, the exploration, the challenge, the animal/mutant/mythological adversaries, the vast non-linear environments, the keys, locks, levers and traps (darts, spikes, lava, swinging blades), the flares and ambient lighting, the isolated feeling, the complex puzzles and need to consult a walkthrough... ....recapture the essence of tomb raider !!!!

:yah: !!!!

Please go and work for CD and make TR great again Fondant ;) :D

Tomb Raider Jay
22-07-06, 09:33
Bring back the fear, danger and scaryness of the original TR please :)

Have traps like poison darts, crushing boulders, spike pitts, falling floors - they worked i the old TR games so why remove them? :confused:

I was honestly appauled because there were like 3 spike pitts in TRL - that's nowhere near enough and why does Lara always have to use her grapple to cross these? I think there should be a choice of using the grapple or finding a solution in the enviroment > like maybe Lara could use a fallen pillar to get across or something but I don't want the grapple to be used every time - it get's boring :(

Bring back the fear, making the game quite dark would be a good way to install fear into the player but also have animals and creatures as the enemys.
If you guys at Crystal are stuck for ideas with monsters look at God Of War, Primal or Buffy the Vampire Slayer - these games have brilliant creature designs > where as TRL had an extremely lame fish thing and a supposed evil ghost thingy?
Hello can you say dull and boring? :hea:
We want scary and evil not stupid and dull!!!!!

Just use your imagination Crystal - also forget all this 'Realistic approch' and bring back the bottomless backpack too! :D

And > Seeing is Believing? < get a new tag-line PLEASE! :ton:

Pablo.CT
22-07-06, 10:57
Does anyone miss the 180 degree's roll. That was great to use while shooting and if there was an enemy behind you, you could just tap the button and quickly change targets.

It was usefull also when you were swimming

TR freak
22-07-06, 11:32
Does anyone miss the 180 degree's roll. That was great to use while shooting and if there was an enemy behind you, you could just tap the button and quickly change targets.

It was usefull also when you were swimming
YES!!! I miss the roll. I kept pressing the circle button in legend when I first started legend hoping it would be in legend. I always used it in tr2 when fighting gunmen. Stand in front of them shoot, roll so you're facing their backs and shoot, when they turn round roll again and shoot til they're dead. I miss that function.

thevman
22-07-06, 14:05
It was the first move I noticed missing in legend and I miss it the most! :cen: I loved the old duck/roll, I could run past an enemy so they couldn't shoot me, flip around with one button and blast him before he could turn around! :tmb: BRING THAT MOVE BACK!!! It's as classic as lara!

tyler
22-07-06, 20:52
Ok, first of CD did a great job at reinvigorating the series, a welcome return to ‘form’ for Lara. On with the analysis.

Positives

Voice acting
I thought the voice casting for Lara was spot on, she completely nails the voice, completely sexy, sultry, intelligent and just enough posh. Don’t change Keeley.

The Look
Awesome, my tv tube is going and I was still blown away by the look of it, the immersive detail, atmosphere, awesome ingame graphics. The sense of grandeur in the earlier levels was awesome.

Movement
Awesome, the physics in Legend are great, as an animator myself there was so much I could enjoy. The jumping, grabbing, swinging was my favourite element of this game so the Nepal level suited my perfectly, loved the dynamics of movement, excellent, sooo fluid. I especially liked all the gymnastic flips/springs etc. So glad you kept the swan dive (that’s a tomb raider essential). The slide tackles, kicks and bullet time stuff were fun to play around with but I never really used them in the game, I don’t think they should be taken out I just didn’t’ think they played a necessary part in the game.

Magnetic Grapple
Really enjoyed this, lots of fun, nice range of movements/uses (pulling enemies of high ledges always made me laugh).

Secrets
Really good to have secrets in the games still, loved the way they allowed access to unlockable content. Bronze,silve, gold % system for unlocking stuff was great. The ‘save rewards’ system was perfect, you can delve back in to find your missing secrets, spot on. As for the costumes, I loved the idea, so what if Lara is running around tombs bare foot in a skimpy dress, it’s a laugh, I see no need to take this feature out (I haven’t got it yet but I like the idea of playing Amanda as a costume…that’s neat).

Croft Manor
Yes, awesome, the manors back. Loved the house, looked great. Library lacked things to do but the Pool and Gym rooms were really cool. Again the bedroom/changing thing was just a bit of fun. I liked the treasure hunt aspect through the house for secrets, really good, gives you a focus for the house.

Teatureless cheat
So funky, this is a really cool cheat, as an animator I almost prefer playing the game like this. Really fun, a necessity for all games.

Bike ride
Pure a simply just plain cool

Excalibur
So much fun, a blast. Over the top yes, perhaps makes things to easy, but just soooo much fun. Loved it (the only trouble is, you can’t turn it off in the house).

Music
Perfect, awesome, loved it…wish they’d done a soundtrack album. Really nice, especially loved the chorus/vocal elements of the credits music. Hugely atmospheric music, more of the same please.

Negatives

Interactive fmv’s
I’m undecided about these, I like the fact that the flow of the game isn’t interrupted as much but I think, in the end if you went wrong it just relied on memory and took you out of the story. I think it is probably best to just leave it as it has been in the past, game play then proper fmv’s.

Fork lift
I hated this bit, I usually like the idea of vehicles but this was just to limited. The fork lift should have had a more interesting function in the level or not at all. Bit pointless.

2nd Bike Ride
To clarify, I loved the bike level, but repeating the same thing later in the game was just boring (even if Duccati did sponsor the game). Have a second bike level just make it substantially different, not just repeating a previous level with different scenery.

Weapons
Yes there were a range of weapons but I didn’t change from pistols, machine guns. I never threw a grenade, didn’t need to. Weapons were fun, but I never stopped to pick them up, just kept going (probably due to lack of the ‘infinite backpack’ see below).

Croft Manor – replay
Once you have done everything in the house there is nothing to do, when you come back to it next day you can’t do it all again, you have to play the first level before you can restart the manor. Yes you want to be able to save your ‘secrets’ progress through the manor in your ‘main game’ but also have the manor on the main menu (without having to complete first levels etc) or something so you can just jump in for a quick run around/training session.

Time Trials
Not a big fan, yes have this as an option but don’t make it so you can’t get 100% until you do the time trials, and especially don’t force us to do the time trails before we can cheat.

Cheats
We are smart enough to want to play the game enough that we won’t cheat first time round, but let us have the option to use cheat codes from the beginning. Cheats are just there for fun and having to ‘work’ to unlock cheats is pain in the bum and is the one thing that has turned me off from trying to get 100%.

Lara deaths
Where were the Lara deaths. In previous games you could swan dive off the tallest cliff and have a wonderful bone crunching splat, in Legend it almost always faded out before we got there, not even so much of a scream. Let us see Lara die.

FMV’s
This is a biggie. I loved the way most of the fmv’s went into an extra menu, its fun to go back and watch them. BUT MY GOD PLEASE HAVE A PLAY ALL BUTTON, instead of being sent to the main menu after each one finishes and then have to trawl through the load game menus just to get to the next one. That’s a real pain and kills a fantastic extra/idea.

Wants for Tomb Raider 8

In addition to all the points I’ve raised above some specific wants for Tomb Raider 8

Cliff-hanger end
Legend ended on a sort of cliff hanger ending, seriously, only a fool would not continue this story in the next game. Starting a brand new story without concluding this one would be a really bad move in my opinion.

Playable characters
Keep things as they are, Lara Croft is the Tomb Raider, I don’t want to play as any one else. The Amanda costume is a fun extra and something which could/should be expanded to other characters, even enemies as an extra feature but in-game just Lara, no more blokes or what ever, just Lara.

180 Degree roll
Damn I missed this, for jumping, shooting etc, bring it back.

Infinite Backpack
Bring back the infinite back pack, its more fun to carry around bazookas, grenades, uzi etc and not have to worry about how many ‘hands’ you have. Yes it’s not realistic but the flexibility is more fun. As an idea to satisfy everyone, maybe have an option to select infinite backpack On/Off.

Croft Manor – Outside
This is a necessity, the house inside is great and has established the look, but we need to be able to get outside as well, this game was just screaming for a motorbike race track in the manor, an assault course or something. Tomb Raider 3’s house was perfect, inside stuff with few ‘things to do’, race track with a puzzle to get the key.

Stupid Butler
Where’s the fun, you can’t lock the stupid butler in the fridge. Bring back the annoying butler who follows you around. And why can’t you shoot anyone (and have them get straight back up) in the mansion, no fair.

Making Of’s
I’ve seen a few games recently being accompanied with making of dvd’s. There was such a jump from the last Tomb Rader game I was screaming for some behinds the scenes stuff. I’d LOVE as much detail as possible (you started it with location concepts in the game), animation, character designs, scoring, modelling, story, interviews, voice recording footage anything and everything about the making of these fantastic games.

Nude Raider cheat
Yes Yes, I Know, I’m really not expecting to get this one but kudos to the company that ends up doing this sort of thing, a controversial but instant sales guarantee.

Rivendell
22-07-06, 21:10
I was honestly appauled because there were like 3 spike pitts in TRL - that's nowhere near enough

Very true - and why does it blackout the split Instant she hits them? Annoying CD, look at the classics, some of the Lara deaths were cringinly good! No need for blackouts! Let us have fun with killing her! PLEASE! Long falls with nasty crunches at the bottom, leave the screen for a couple of second before popping up the menu or whatever, just don't instantly blackout- that's no fun.

and why does Lara always have to use her grapple to cross these?

Because she has stupidly small and realistic jumps. Tomb Raider and realisticity doesn't go hand in hand with fun in quite a few places, I hope CD realise this sharpish .

Pablo.CT
22-07-06, 21:19
For the outiside of Croft Manor. I would really love it to look like the one from the Movie's only smaller because it cannot be that Huge.

It would look great and of course make us love Lara's Home even more.

TR freak
22-07-06, 22:23
In the mansion do u think it would be good to have a free roam motorbike? You should have to do some kind of puzzle to find a key that unlocks a gate outside that has a motorbike in it. Do you think it would be good to be able to drive the motorbike anywhere in the mansion? As in everywhere outside and inside. It could be a really cool feature. There could even be hidden places that u can only access with the motorbike, like using a hidden ramp to jump up to the roof and access locked rooms through trapdoors on the roof. Extras could be unlocked from this. Also it could be very fun to drive the bike inside and run over winston lol. He'd probably just get back up and say "My apologies lady croft".

Pablo.CT
22-07-06, 22:59
That would be really fun, the bike idea :D. Also For the Manor I would want Winston to say thing's and do things, like each visit to Croft Manor will be different, he may be in the Kitchen, Cutting the hedging outside, Brushing the floor, polishing the furniture that sort of thing, and he may say things like

'What would you like to eat Lady Croft'
'Lady Croft, welcome home'
'I have cleaned the Gymnasium Lady Croft'
'Your Lugage is being filled Lady Croft'

Cos winston was just ornamental in Croft Manor

curly
23-07-06, 20:55
I don't know if this has been mentioned before but CD ought to take every advantage of the motion sensing with the PS3 and the Wii in TR8. It would come in handy with the grapple and be pretty fun! :D Also, the mansion needs some work. I'm totally glad it's back but for TR8 it needs alot of updates and an exterior. Lastly, if there will be any vehicles, please work on a variety of vehicles and their controlls. Overall, I liked TR:L and I'm very excited for TR8!! Just do some pretty good updates on the controlls, engine, and the story line, and it'll be a greater success!

Good luck CD :tmb:

Jabe
24-07-06, 08:21
I don't know if this has been mentioned before but CD ought to take every advantage of the motion sensing with the PS3 and the Wii in TR8. It would come in handy with the grapple and be pretty fun! :D Also, the mansion needs some work. I'm totally glad it's back but for TR8 it needs alot of updates and an exterior. Lastly, if there will be any vehicles, please work on a variety of vehicles and their controlls. Overall, I liked TR:L and I'm very excited for TR8!! Just do some pretty good updates on the controlls, engine, and the story line, and it'll be a greater success!

Good luck CD :tmb:

One idea with the Tilt mechinism in PS3 would be to use it while pushing and pulling object, and jarring them loose - the harder you yank on the controller, the harder Lara yanks something loose, maybe use the controller as though it were an item she picks up - pick up an object by moving the controller down and holding the R2 button, sling the controller around (while holding R2) to sling the object around - let go of R2 to let go of object, if slinging object, letting it go could get it thrown - use L2 to pick up with left hand, and R2 for right hand - imagine the possibilities Crystal Dynamics - and imagine hard :D . Make it possible to pick anything up that a person could - rock, medipack, stick, animal, plant, weapon, pillow - make it possible to move, jar loose, or shove - knock down, etc - that a real person could.

milazzio
25-07-06, 17:59
yoo whats up... just finished legend, so once again i can say i have completed every tomb raider.. first post so yeah i'm a newb.. whatever.. i just posted this on the eidos forums and i'd like to share it here as well...

First off, what I would like to see in the next is more difficulty and length in the game. It truely was not long enough.. i would like to see more in depth levels and much more progression to get to where you want to be. In Legend, the temples seemed like anybody could reach them in time. Less hints and tips would be great as well. More puzzles, and timed doors.. traps.. things to keep you on your toes at all times.

The game also needed more things to shoot at, besides a few jaguars and mercenaries.. there wasn't much to fright about.. and the boss battles turned out pretty cheesy.

AND MOST OF ALL: PLEASE BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL THEME SONG. although remake it so it's more up to date, but use that same melody as in the first few tomb raiders.

Although i very much look forward to the next game, and to continue the story of Legend (hopefully getting to go to Avalon and meet her mother and/or historical figures) I would LOVE a revamped version of the original.. same game.. same story.. but with the Legend engine. That would truely be incredible, reliving all those memorable moments in such awesome picture.. i would die.

And last, another idea I had.. just to bring up.. a future Tomb Raider that involved a pirate legend.. where you would visit sunken ships and islands with buried treasure and volcanoes and such. they could do so much with it, and I loved the level in tomb raider II: the wreck of the maria doria.. where you're in the sunken ship but everything is upside down.. very cool.

thank you for reading my first post and i hope you enjoyed my ideas.

Arron TR
25-07-06, 18:09
Im new to this forum so hi to everyone:D I have completed tomb raider legend In 4 days thers nothing to it its very short their could of been a lot more added to it I need to see more traps and what happend to the BLOOD! she falls in spikes and no blood or cuts at allother than that its a fantastic game but there could be so much more oh and one more thing maybe a level creator with it! :)

thevman
25-07-06, 18:17
Welcome arron TR and milazzio! Yes, most of us here would have liked to see a much longer, more involved game. Harder, longer levels, more levels, etc. Hopefully CD gets the hint from sites like this and makes a more involved game next time... ;)

Duncan_Bear
26-07-06, 19:32
I heartily agree with most of these opinions!

"-The Mansion was great and the inside brought back memories, The outside was a little small but nice, Please please in TR8 expand it to Gardens, a Maze, and more rooms. Also let us see the front of the house."

-Keep Zip and Alistar and the Headset. This was an excellent addition and I love the characters. Let Winston do a bit more though, put him on the headset.

I thought the danger level was appropriate. I did want longer levels and more of them!

I also loved legends. Laura looks better then ever and the game play was awesome! I can not wait for more!

sweetPoison
27-07-06, 13:11
Perhaps you could get some tips from the game Resident Evil 3. In that game there were multiple paths to complete the game and different outcomes of what happened to the characters.

For example, if I were to enter a certain room first it would affect the progress of the story and what happens to the characters in the future.

To be more precise:

There are two rooms in front of Lara.

Lara enters the one on the left.

She encounters a monster/wendigo/whatever and kills it.

She then exits the room and out pops the mother of the creature.

Lara has to fight it...etc.

But if Lara were to enter the room to her right a different outcome would have happened.

AND

Just like iin Resident Evil 3, the actions and paths the player takes affects the cutscenes the player is shown.

For example:

There are multiple pths to complete level.

Lara, the player, takes one path and completes a the puzzle of that path.
A door opens. And player enters.
Cutscene.

BUT

If Lara, player, were to take a different path and a different puzzle and another door opens and we enter, the player is presented with a different cutscene.

TombBoi123
27-07-06, 23:15
I dont really know whats been said about the systems its coming out on but PLEASE DO NOT make it for just the new ones. Keep making it for XBox and PS2. Please for those of us who dont like the whole consept of the Wii

Rivendell
28-07-06, 22:21
I suggest to CD to go back and look at Tomb Raider 2 for some advice on TRAPS:

Some parts of it are great, the gameplay is wicked, and is quite far ahead of some games even today!

For example, this part, which I've screenshotted :D

A pathway lies ahead, it's narrow, overhanging a pit of acid. Spiky boulders swing alternatively overhead, ready to knock you off.
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j307/RivendellHylia/trap1.jpg

There's a couple of ways past: timed runs, jumps, or you could even shimmy across the side of the path! I chose to dive past both sets:
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j307/RivendellHylia/trap3.jpg

Two switches are now either side of another corridor, half of which's floor is missing.
Pressing both switches raises the floor and opens the timed door at the end of the tunnel:
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j307/RivendellHylia/trap4.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j307/RivendellHylia/trap5.jpg

Now is the time to run! Run before one section of the floor swings open towards the pool of acid, and run before the crumbling floor has you meet the same demise!
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j307/RivendellHylia/trap6.jpg

Phew ! You're out! But don't stop here, the music rises, and a metalic boulder is begining to fall on you! CAM change 1:
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j307/RivendellHylia/trap7.jpg

Run! Run faster as the camera changes position again and we see the boulder crash onto the narrow pathway, either side of which is a big drop to even more deadly acid!
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j307/RivendellHylia/trap8.jpg

Run! It's catching up!
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j307/RivendellHylia/trap9.jpg

Now jump for your life, and reach out hoping to grab something before you're crushed or plunged into skin searing liquid!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j307/RivendellHylia/trap91.jpg
_
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j307/RivendellHylia/trap92.jpg
And now to claim your prize, an artifact (which I must say was pretty well guarded!)

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j307/RivendellHylia/trap93.jpg

:jmp:

True Tomb Raiding Action!

TR freak
28-07-06, 22:27
Rivendell I played this level today and when I was playing it I was thinking the exact same thing. I was thinking they should put traps like these in future games. Dangerous, fast paced, scary, exciting and it has the phew factor in it. The phew factor means once you get past all those traps unharmed and u reach a safe spot you say "Phew" because you are so relieved you survived. CD should take inspiration from these traps in temple of xian and the last set of traps one after the other in the great pyramid in tr1.

thevman
28-07-06, 22:34
AHHHHHHHHHHH! REAL TOMB RAIDER!!!!! Thanks riv! :hug: That was a fun area! I even loved the warrior statues you could mess with in one of the other rooms. the way you got down there after the leader of the cult stabbed himself, the secret you had to roll duck to turn around and grab the ledge before getting to the bottom of the slide, the freaky way you had to get up and out of there on a bouncy thingy.... Even the dragon was a funner boss than the bosses in legend.

Why doesn't CD hire one of us to play thru the old levels seeing how THEY hate the old control system, just so they can see these awesome levels, traps and puzzles????????? :confused: I think they started to play the old TR's and the second they couldn't make a jump they turned it off and tried another TR game. They probably never got thru the first level of any of the classics... :rolleyes:

Rivendell
28-07-06, 22:36
AHHHHHHHHHHH! REAL TOMB RAIDER!!!!! They probably never got thru the first level of any of the classics... :rolleyes:

:D That would make a bit of sense!

fondantcookie
28-07-06, 22:37
AHHHHHHHHHHH! REAL TOMB RAIDER!!!!! Thanks riv! :hug: That was a fun area! I even loved the warrior statues you could mess with in on of the other rooms. the way you got down there after the leader of the cult stabbed himself, the secret you had to roll duck to turn around and grab the ledge before getting to the bottom of the slide, the freaky way you had to get up and out of there on a bouncy thingy.... Even the dragon was a funner boss than the bosses in legend.

Why doesn't CD hire one of us to play thru the old levels seeing how THEY hate the old control system, just so they can see these awesome levels, traps and puzzles????????? :confused: I think they started to play the old TR's and the second they couldn't make a jump they turned it off and tried another TR game. They probably never got thru the first level of any of the classics... :rolleyes:

WORD !!!!

TR freak
28-07-06, 22:41
I think they started to play the old TR's and the second they couldn't make a jump they turned it off and tried another TR game. They probably never got thru the first level of any of the classics... :rolleyes:
I wouldn't be surprised if this was true. They probably did find the classics too frustrating and so thats probably why they made legend alot different and easier than the classics.

thevman
28-07-06, 22:44
Rivendell I played this level today and when I was playing it I was thinking the exact same thing. I was thinking they should put traps like these in future games. Dangerous, fast paced, scary, exciting and it has the phew factor in it. The phew factor means once you get past all those traps unharmed and u reach a safe spot you say "Phew" because you are so relieved you survived. CD should take inspiration from these traps in temple of xian and the last set of traps one after the other in the great pyramid in tr1.

Good point TR freak! :tmb: There were so many moments like that in the old TR's! :hug: You'd beat one thing that would trigger another, then some animal or freaky creature would pop out and try to drive you into a trap... :eek: The surprise factor and oh **** moments when that happened! :vlol:

Angel_14
28-07-06, 23:00
CD said, that they tried to play with the original, put they couldn't because of the 'Horrible gameplay' :rolleyes:

thevman
28-07-06, 23:04
I've got an idea! :eek: I originally taped TR1 from start to finish! I loved it that much. :hug: I run my PS1 and PS2 thru my VCR and can do that. :ton: Maybe I should copy them and send them to CD so they can see how TR1 played without them having to fumble with the controls... http://www.storagebin.us/smilies/smilies/ornery.gif

Angel_14
28-07-06, 23:06
I think CD hold the controller upside down :vlol:

TR freak
28-07-06, 23:14
CD said, that they tried to play with the original, put they couldn't because of the 'Horrible gameplay' :rolleyes:
Well cd should have kept trying. Its supposed to be a tr game and so they should have learned to play with tr gameplay. They should have made legend with classic gameplay. They didn't because they didn't enjoy the gameplay. Its not them who has to play it at the end of the day. Its the tr fans that play it and so they should have made it with tr gameplay anyway even if they dont like it. They should do whats best for the fans.

xlittlexlarax NJ
29-07-06, 04:26
i liked that puzzle.. i agree there should be more like that in the games to come.. i also liked milazzio's ideas about bringing back the old theme song. and a tomb raider based around pirate legend.

SabZero
29-07-06, 09:08
Oh no they didnt! *snap*

No wonder TR:L turned out the way it is (easy, no feeling of accomplishment, only that you rushed through it). :cen: :hea:
(I didn't hate TR:L, but it really lacked in that area).

CowboyCliche
01-08-06, 12:29
Definately think the "needs improvement" factors include:

~"Fear" Factor: I miss jumping from being scared
~Scope: Legend is itsy-bitsy compared to the old games
~Monsters: Dinos, yetis, bears, sharks were all fun adversaries

All of these have been mentioned, but I'm just reiterating.

WhosaidAODwasbad
02-08-06, 04:01
Nice Three answers Cowboy Cliche! nice and simply if thats all they do in TR8 to add great if more over time even better but I think you hit the nail!

OH and TLR Online are you going to send these suggestions to CD and Eidos or was this requested by them to be done by the fans?

weazel
02-08-06, 13:11
the overall game was short. looking back at other trs, there were a few countries with 3/4 levels set in each, which was good. the 1st was normaly getting 2 the ruin/tomb 2nd/3rd was exploring and last was a boss battle or finding something. they need to return to this. a fear factor needs to be put back in. in other trs i was crapping myself, not in this. scrap the headset, it is much better with a sense of isolation. lastly, add a sprint button, so many times i wanted to go faster but had to roll it just not right.

TR freak
02-08-06, 13:26
the overall game was short. looking back at other trs, there were a few countries with 3/4 levels set in each, which was good. the 1st was normaly getting 2 the ruin/tomb 2nd/3rd was exploring and last was a boss battle or finding something. they need to return to this. a fear factor needs to be put back in. in other trs i was crapping myself, not in this. scrap the headset, it is much better with a sense of isolation. lastly, add a sprint button, so many times i wanted to go faster but had to roll it just not right.
I agree with this. You mean have 3 or 4 levels for a specific location. No location should only be one level long like legend. Tomb raider 1 had 4 levels in the 1st location, 5 levels in the second location, 3 levels in the third location, 3 levels in the last location. This is what trs should be. TR2 is also a good example of this. 1st location is only one level but it was ok for the story like that, 2nd location had 3 levels, 3rd location had 2 levels, 4th location had 4 levels, 5th location had 4 levels, 6th location was back at the 1st location and it had 3 levels, last location was just a short fun level at laras home. This is also a very good example of how the layout should be. TR3 is also good example with the levels in the different locations. TR4 has alot more levels in each location and it does work quite well but I think tr1-3 layout of levels in locations are better. TR5 also had it quite good too. The best one for the amount of levels in the locations is probably TR2. Future games should follow these examples in previous games and not do what legend did and have one level per location.

thevman
02-08-06, 15:18
Absolutely, TR freak! :tmb: Imagine if we had 2 to 3 more levels per location in legend. It would have actually felt a little closer to being a true TR game! (although missing exploration, immersion, fear, and variety of enemies would still need to be added) :p

WhosaidAODwasbad
02-08-06, 16:27
Exactly thevman, Tomb Raider orignal locations were long and divided up into medium to long sized levels for example! Peru in TR1 you enter into a natural location a cave you travel deep inside to find ancient inca settlements you go further to find a city and then further to find a whole new world until you find the temple or Tomb. In legend lets take the Ghana level for example, you start almost exactly at the temple so you lose the natural enviroment and several other things before you get to the temple! IN legend they automatically put you in the main location, in the original games you progressed. so if TR1 was in legend style you would probably start at the tomb of Qualepec. PErsonally I want to explore and progress From Start to finish! For example we could have in the Ghana level start in a villiage traveled through the jungle and entered a cave you stay some time in there until you find an opening where you begin the real Ghana level. And even the Nepal level it is just werid for lara to start at the edge of the cliff, I want to progress from the bottom of the mountain or whatever to the edge of the cliff. The best example of that is TR II's Tibetan Foot hills you started there and progressed through the mountains, TR II would have been boring if she started at ICE Palace it wouldn't make sense in. In that way that is why I think they lost the exploration feel to the game, It feels real bland when you just start at the finish. Its like me say I have to go to grandmothers house, I wouldn't automatical just appear there I have to progress, first I have to pack then I have to know where to go so I follow clues and progress through the forest! Then I see grandma's house. They made TR into a Teleporter game, OK ancient temple here we go put in the corridents! Well it seems we passed all the hard parts all you have to do now is run into the temple and claim your prize!

thevman
02-08-06, 16:44
Good point! I want to venture there instead of popping up right at the entrance. Bolivia feel like you had to get thru the falls first to get to the temple, but it was too short a trip. More mountain climbing, maybe start at a village like you said. But ghana puts you right at the cliff to the entrance, kazakstan too. Traveling and having to find your way there would definitely add to the exploring so sorely missing in legend.

TR freak
02-08-06, 16:54
I think you're journey to the tomb or temple should be a whole level long. High falls, high jumps, hard jumps, lots of climbing some swimming if possible, animals guarding the entrance to the tomb, puzzles you have to solve to get to open the tomb or temple, traps guarding the entrance to the tomb. The jouney should be very long and once you open the tomb the level should be over. The next level should be set inside the tomb and you have to get past several traps and solve several puzzles inside. The next level should be a very large level inside the tomb where at the end of the level you get what you wanted to get from the tomb, some sort of artifact or something like that. Once you collect the artifact the level should be over. Also I think that before you collect the artifact you should have to fight a boss guarding it. For example a giant stone statue guarding it or an ancient thousand year old monster. The next level should be you escaping from the tomb by taking a different route to get out and as you escape there could be some human enemies you have to fight. There could also be a small vehicle section at the end of the level. Not a legend style vehicle part but there could be hard vehicle jumps you have to make and lots of things like the classics had with their vehicle sections. After that on to the next location.

thevman
02-08-06, 17:11
Yes! I see a jump the gourge sequence coming... :jmp: Jump off and swan dive because she didn't make it, so she dives for the water below. Fights a tourist for his jet ski, and has to go half way around an island to find a shallow enough shoreline to beach the craft(while being presued and shot at by 'bad men') Then she has to explore her way back to the path she missed in the original jump! (lots of animals and booby traps) :jmp:

Rivendell
03-08-06, 11:10
That'd be interesting- the ability to turn into a dive once you're falling. Although there's no need in legend for this as it's so linear, just keep going forward, there's not really anywhere to do "Jump off and swan dive because she didn't make it," as Vman said.
Unless autograb failed f.o.r.e.v.e.r !

:jmp:

TR freak
03-08-06, 11:21
Yes the autograb did fail. How hard can it be to press a button to grab? I think the AOD grab is the best. You have to press the action button to grab but you dont have to keep holding down the button after you've grabbed the ledge. Only just realised I've passed 1k. Yay for me!

Rivendell
03-08-06, 11:27
:yah: Congratulations Freak!! :yah:

I love the older grab system, I like having to hold down the button as it's a tad more (dunno, is 'exciting' the right word here?) because you hold the button and she holds on- you release it and she lets go and falls. It's just more interactive (in the Right way ;) ) I guess.

TR freak
03-08-06, 11:47
:yah: Congratulations Freak!! :yah:

I love the older grab system, I like having to hold down the button as it's a tad more (dunno, is 'exciting' the right word here?) because you hold the button and she holds on- you release it and she lets go and falls. It's just more interactive (in the Right way ;) ) I guess.
I actually preffered that way too. The thing is if they want to satisfy both sets of fans, the fans who like manual grab and fans who like autograb aod grab is the best for this. We would like the fact you have to press a button to grab and the other fans would like the fact you dont have to keep holding on to the action button. Personally I would prefer the classic grab back tho.

GodOfLight
03-08-06, 17:32
suggestion: lara should be able to shoot from ladders and climbing positions, like in the tomb raider game boy color games :hea: this would be a great feature if she could just pull out on pistol whilst lcinging to the rock with her other hand... and aim at whatever lurks beneath her :cln:

also: bring back hand to hand combat... lara is an action hero.. she wouldnt only use her guns... she kicks and she punches aswell :tea:

Rivendell
04-08-06, 12:41
I for one was looking forward to doing :

This. (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/images/tombraiderlegend_edition_prints/screen3.jpg)

What happened there CD ?

PirateRose
05-08-06, 13:08
NO MAKEUP!!!!!!

With the exception of any levels like the Japan level, where Lara went to a party type thing. Other then that, makeup is not needed.

Going out in the places Lara' goes, the makeup would sweat off, she'd have runny mascara. She'd have to stop and fix her makeup like every 10 minutes. XD

If you want realism, take away the makeup. Besides, I hate makeup, I think its a curse on women. A woman like Lara would only wear makeup for special occasions, IMO. She wouldn't bother to put makeup to go into a tomb. What is she trying to do? Grab Rutlands fancy? Oh, even better, the snake in King Authors Tomb! Or the corpse of King Author himself!!!
Thats so wrong...

LVTR
05-08-06, 17:32
It was the first move I noticed missing in legend and I miss it the most! :cen: I loved the old duck/roll, I could run past an enemy so they couldn't shoot me, flip around with one button and blast him before he could turn around! :tmb: BRING THAT MOVE BACK!!! It's as classic as lara!

Agree totally!

LVTR
05-08-06, 17:38
True Tomb Raiding Action!

Yes - you have captured the essence of Classic TR.

Slick
05-08-06, 17:53
I love how you guys just want them to put the same things back into the games like puzzles/creatures.......how about you hope they come up with something new and amazing. Why do you all want them to just copy Core's work?

LVTR
05-08-06, 17:55
The Classic TR controls were hard for me at first and my first TR game was TR 4. It took me months and months to become good at it. At one point, I got so stuck, I had to leave it for a while. But, those are great memories!! And I'd much rather play with the 4 directional buttons than the analog stick.

If there were 8 directional buttons then the moves could be even more precise. Like this:

If these are the 4 direction buttons:
..^
<...>
..v

Then add...
another button here \ ^ / another button here
..........................<......>
another button here / v \ another button here

LVTR
05-08-06, 18:02
I love how you guys just want them to put the same things back into the games like puzzles/creatures.......how about you hope they come up with something new and amazing. Why do you all want them to just copy Core's work?
CD has to come up with new and amazing scenarios for TR but keep the essence of TR which is Majesty, Mystery, Menace and Demand. I think all of the developers at CD should play TR 1-4 and the people who get hooked on them should develop TR8. :)

TR freak
05-08-06, 18:19
Because those ideas were brilliant and cores games are brilliant. If they implement ideas that were in the classics we know for a fact we're getting a brilliant tomb raider. Yes put new things in but that doesn't mean completely getting rid of the things that made the classics great. Look how that turned out with legend. Some new ideas in legend are good but the problem is they completely ditched all the other stuff that made tr great. Look at the classic trs. They always kept all the original ideas whilst adding something new in every game. In tr2 they added vehicles, roll underwater, tr3 added crawl, sprint, tr4 added rope swinging, pole climbing, lasersight, combining items, logical puzzles, shimmying round corners, binnoculars, tr5 added swinging bars, tightrope walking, headset, grapple, tr6 added another playable character, notebook, grip bar, sprint jump, commando crawl, legend advanced on grapple and headset, swinging bars, rope swinging was improved, binoculars had RAD mode, autograb. All the classics kept things that were in previous games as well as added to them with new and improved things. Legend hardly added anything really and what little they did add was all there was to the game. They took away loads of things that made tr great. What CD need to do is bring classic things that were great back, as well as add new and improved things.

Greenkey2
05-08-06, 20:10
I posted this earlier in the headset/banter thread in the Legend forum a few minutes ago, and then thought hang on, it belongs here :D

In future games, I would like the headset and hints option to be linked with the difficulty rating.

Easy - pretty much what we have now in Legend.

Medium - a little banter, a little comment now and then, but no "try the RAD mode" hints.

Hard - Lara has the option of calling for help, but only in situations like....she needs an inscription translating. All other communication is out (except to maybe tell Winston to put the kettle on when she's on her way back ;))

dukati
05-08-06, 22:32
Hi guys, I´m a Brasilian Fanatic TRaider. Sorry for my poor english.

In that Forum I posted and will post various considerations, I´ll try to make this in here too.

Legend is a great, great game! What a phenomenal graphics and wonderfull visuals for just an "lonely explorer"! And real amazing next generation engine for TR Game Series, offering millions of new possibilities. I like to imagine this is a first of various Titles exploring new concepts and features... I wait impaciently for TR8, and why not publish a sort of "gold" series of the TRL, in a meanwhile?

For a while, here are a few replies to thread:

- Cut scenes: are ok, but need be more "slowly" (to understanding of dialogs, and for showing better the environment "around" the character), and well distributed. All checkpoints BEFORE cut scenes, but ALL cut scenes skipable (via ESC, then "skip cinematics", for to prevent accidents...).

- Crouch with guns: yes.

- Reintroduce walk button: You guys say walk, not "stealth approach"? Yes! There a big diference between simply walk and stealth approach! And walk with safety drop, please. LC don´t fall when running, but when walking?

- Levels size: biggers, much more biggers!!!

- Puzzles: mix easy and hard puzzles, mix with and without hints.

- Less hints (visual/audio via Zip or Alistair): yes. Lara must be abble to communicate wich others in open ambients only. Sattelite signals don´t penetrate very well in tombs... And why so many hints to puzzles, and so less for boss figths? Argh. Less shining objects too.

- More levels, bring the game play back to several months: definitly yes!!! This is a principal "feature" of TR. More levels, giant leves. Completely lost in big, non-linear locals! Legend is too short, concentrated is boss figths. This is not good for an adventurer, we want to discover, not to kill, even for only to escape... And the linearity of this game is just for find mercenaries...

- Autograb: better is on, but I´ll make more comments soon.

- Real WASD: I think the control system is ok, but the direction keys must be relative to Lara´s position, not relative to camera´s position. E.g., when I key W, means "Lara, move forward to yourself", S means "Back. Lara" and so on...

Thanks, and I´ll be back for more comments.

Elysia
05-08-06, 22:40
Welcome to the forum, dukati - some very good suggestions, here! :tmb:

I posted this earlier in the headset/banter thread in the Legend forum a few minutes ago, and then thought hang on, it belongs here :D

In future games, I would like the headset and hints option to be linked with the difficulty rating.

Easy - pretty much what we have now in Legend.

Medium - a little banter, a little comment now and then, but no "try the RAD mode" hints.

Hard - Lara has the option of calling for help, but only in situations like....she needs an inscription translating. All other communication is out (except to maybe tell Winston to put the kettle on when she's on her way back ;))

:tmb: It's what I've been gunning for the nest installment, Greenkey!

Jones_lilo
05-08-06, 23:31
Hey people!

I'm new in this forum... and I'm brazilian, so, sorry, cuz my english is not perfect!

sugestions:

NO AUTOGRAB!!!!!!!!!!! was so funny when we needed to run over the last centimeter of teh plataform to jump, and quickly, press X or Ctrl to grab the oder plataform.

harder, much more harder puzzles... something like in TR4, when you are in a huge room with a lot of doors and you need to enter one by one in the right order... but please... the paranormal things, like mummys, monsters, dragons or ghosts... leave this for the lasts levels...

more enemys... in a percentual of 70% humans and 30% animals... in this TR was 5% of animals, and i missed they! more animals in the firsts levels and then more mans.

I want to see the garden of the manor... like in TR2 and 3... but the 3 was perfect... more interaction... more things to discover, and I want to see her garage too! would be funny use her ducati and her jeep, like a rally or a motocross in any part of her mansion.

don't said you want the core back!:hea: they had a chance... now its crystal dynamics' time.

more distance of a checkpoint and the other.

I want to feel the old sensation of being stucked for several days in the same level, or better... in the same puzzle! MORE HISTORIC PLACES! like opera house in the TR2 or the great wall area 51, colosseum (TR3, TR5) and others...

cutscenes just to dialogs now or something that could interview in the history. the dialogs are perfect! but I want portuguese subtitles!!!!

and i liked zip, alister and winston... but please... not very conversation in the headste... I want to discover all by myself... zip tells me all that i have to do! the same thing to the binoculars! just the binoculars ok, but no RAD mode!

well, and what happened with Lara in TR4!

I think this is all.

thank you the attention.

jso2897
06-08-06, 11:46
It's not complicated:
A. Lose the targets. Lose the sidekicks and headsets.
B. Bigger, broader, much longer game. More variety in levels and puzzles.
C. Make the controls more tweakable - let people assign keys, and turn things (like autograb) on or off. Restore old moves, where possible.
D. Take your time. We know that CD can grind out a game on time and within budget. They've demonstrated it many times. This time, let them take their time.
I think that pretty much sums it up.

Rivendell
06-08-06, 12:21
Great suggestions Jso :tmb:

Cd just have to see what fans want, surely? There's quite a few common things that nearly everyone wants!

Jones_lilo
06-08-06, 20:57
well i think its impossible to satisfact everybody... but try to make the best you can.

well I think everybody agree with much more levels and harder puzzles... this will take our time while you make the next game...

well to make the sequences buttons harder, the buttons could appear all in the same time... but a sequence with more buttons... hmmm, 10 buttons +- and using more oh the keyboard... to pc players... and we will have a time to make this sequence... what do you guys think about that? cool isn't it?

and my girlfriend disagree with me in a thing... she liked the autograb and the RAD mode...
( i think this things will turn the tomb raider, a game that makes all things automatically and we just watch...)

well I think that is impossible you make a Tomb Raider that I dont like...
TR1 was fantastic
TR2 was better
TR3 makes me keep playng this game... I really love this title.
TR4 was inovator and really fun, i liked, but for me... the less good (because don't exist the worst tomb raider)
TR5 was the best of this generation!
TR6 re-up me with the game, i really like, but i don't want another game like that...
TR7 This is the best title! That is THE GAME!
TR8 I want a last level like in TR5 or TR2... the bosses are a little bit boring... I prefere when the last level is very very very hard... with a lot of men... with a lot of dificult, but no bosses...

oh yes! where is the aim of the assault rifle? we can see the telescop there, but i can't see with this! the guns with the telescop, shoud be like a snyper!

crouch with guns!

run faster like in tomb raider 3, 4 and 5!
the dialogs are perfect! and that circle in the enemys... out!

I think thats all...

bye

Assassino
06-08-06, 21:38
Nice ideas!:D
I was hoping for:
A choice between original controls, AoD controls, and any other control configuration they come up with.
Also, a choice between an active or passive camera like they did in Spyro.
Legend's camera panning drove me nuts! So much I kept dying 'cause I couldn't align properly!

GodOfLight
07-08-06, 01:55
bring back the mansion as being an actual training level/area that the player can always go to and go through training again with lara walking us through via voiceovers... get rid of the stupid on screen instructions that take up the beauty of the screen and that you kept in the game all the way until kazakstan :hea: why? we got the controls figured out by then :rolleyes:

if you decide to bring back the mansion you should have also brought back the training IN the mansion... make the mansion area a training specific area, and then have all the secret areas in the mansion be there as extra suprises.

dukati
07-08-06, 02:30
Thanks for your wellcome, Elysia. I hope our suggestions contribute to CD to create a very very great next Title!

Joseph
07-08-06, 02:51
Hello dukati and welcome to tombraiderforums.com. We don't mix threads with other forums. I hope you understand. :)

dukati
07-08-06, 02:52
Ok, I post to Elysia, but forget to increase the contribution, then this is my second post and more suggestions:

Questions not directly in the subject of this thread:

First, this engine is now the "TR ENGINE". We can´t do anything... Engines like this are the reality now, the old engines do not competitive in market anymore. So, the suggestions, im my opinion, must be based in this fact. But the "new features", again in my opinion, of an engine must presentate a continuity solution with the last game, not "revolutionarize" the game itself. So, why not publish new features in a "could be" fashion?

Autograb, for example. MUST BE OPTIONAL. Safety drop, optional. Checkpoints/Ilimited Saves, Crystal Saves, optional. Like the Combat System Choices, like Dificulty Level Choice. I would like to play the same game with autograf off and on, for example. Very attractive for different skills of Raiders. And buyers. :)

The same thing I can say for hints, for shine objects, for R.A.D., for incidental music... All of this must be optional. The player choices your ideal configuration. Maybe even an option to turn on and off the "flying câmera" (3D x Look Around), turning "New Gen" and "Old Fashion" two games in one...

dukati
07-08-06, 02:55
Hello dukati and welcome to tombraiderforums.com. We don't mix threads with other forums. I hope you understand. :)

Hi Joseph, thanks for your wellcome, and I understand, sorry for that.

oocladableeblah
07-08-06, 19:25
i want the inventory back like all the classic tomb raiders

lara_fanatic
08-08-06, 00:24
i agree!

Raul^7
08-08-06, 20:46
longer levels, harder puzzles, the fear factor!!

Jones_lilo
09-08-06, 00:29
no way!!! inventary noooo!
this is a bed thing, guys!
this new idea is much more reallystic and I loved the primary gun, secundary gun and maybe we can take a new weapon! a knife...
well... about the camera... this system that we see in so many games like tomb raider... or even the games in 1st person like medal of honor or counter strike... this games are made for PC first... and thats easy to control the camera by the mouse... but the analog sticks (R3 and L3) is hard to control the cameras... (did you try the aim in the tomb raider?) is terryble to control by the sticks... but the mouse is perfect for this... and this cameras are created for PC users... about this, I think that creat a intelligent camera like in tomb raider 1-5 and the atual camera system (for our choice) will be great!!

for pc players... try to not use the space for jump and the H to fire... use the mouse... is better!

i think that's all.

TR freak
09-08-06, 09:10
Nooooo! It doesn't have to be realistic! Realism is bad. I'd rather have an unrealistic infinite backpack that can hold all my weapons, loads of items, loads of medipacks, than a realistic inventory where u can only hold 2 weapons and 3 medipacks. Its a game. A game should never be realistic. Its an escape from reality.

fomatk
09-08-06, 13:58
Well, I knife is definetely the kind of thing a Tomb Raider would carry, but Lara has infinite guns, so its not necessary. Plus, Lara is the most not melee style game character I know of. Except some archers in loser games.

Jones_lilo
09-08-06, 23:55
man... what are you talking about??
are you crazy??
Tomb Raider needs to be a realistic game! I think that more of 50% gamers, wants a realistic game... why you don't ask a infinite time under water too?
man... the idea of 3 medikits and 2 guns was very good...
I want another game like that...

"Well, I knife is definetely the kind of thing a Tomb Raider would carry, but Lara has infinite guns, so its not necessary."

what tomb raider you're playing now??
Lara Croft actually has the pistols and you need to choose 1 more gun... and I hope that continues...

I want a game like TR5 but, without the black isle part... a more realistic game... with murder and crime... like in AOD...
well i like the monsters too... are a very good part... but is a little bit boring!
men... keep the formula of legend, but I have another idea about a thing

what do you think about before play the game... we go to her mension and in the guns' room, we have to choose a primary gun to begin the adventure!

this Tomb Raider, is a great great game... the game that another games will take inspiration... and I think that you just need to keep THIS formula... and add more little details that will not make a big diference in the game... but is almost perfect!! nice work!

thank you, tomb raider makers, to let me have hour of fun like i had! congratulations...
remember... keep this formula!

Zolee
10-08-06, 00:06
Id like to:

-more and longer levels
-some fmv videos
-some TR2-3 outfit:)
-a really big Croft manor with garden
-a lovely title music
-and more adventure
:D

Rivendell
10-08-06, 16:06
man... what are you talking about??
are you crazy??
Tomb Raider needs to be a realistic game!

It really, really Really doesn't!

Realistic Tomb Raider (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=70797) - if the unrealistic things go, wave bye-bye to Tomb Raider. It's never been truly realistic, and hopefully it never will be. It's a game- fantasy, escapism not real.

TR freak
10-08-06, 16:09

Realistic Tomb Raider (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=70797) - if the unrealistic things go, wave bye-bye to Tomb Raider. It's never been truly realistic, and hopefully it never will be. It's a game- fantasy, escapism not real.
Exactly.

Shark_Blade
10-08-06, 18:47
jones you need to relax. And CD work on Lara's attitude and personality. No more of this "falling in love" "we can work this together" craps. :(
I like her swimming but revive her high jumps

erosan
10-08-06, 21:45
Just to limit the amount of threads i though i'd make this, a suggestion to CD to what to include in the next game:

-CD keep the Legend engine it was fun and brilliant, optimise it a little and it will be perfect.

-The Mansion was great and the inside brought back memories, The outside was a little small but nice, Please please in TR8 expand it to Gardens, a Maze, and more rooms. Also let us see the front of the house.

-Keep Zip and Alistar and the Headset. This was an excellent addition and I love the characters. Let Winston do a bit more though, put him on the headset.

-Make the Tomb alot more dangerouse with fewer mercenries, more high falls and fatal deathtraps.

-Could u Make some refrences to past TR's. The Natla crates were funny and a nice easter egg.

-Make the Levels longer.

-More animals, wild creatures roaming about.

-Most importantly keep up the stnadards of TRL and u wont go wrong.:)

they're all wrong.

give TR back to Core

TR freak
10-08-06, 21:49
they're all wrong.

give TR back to Core
Erosan its his opinion so they cant be wrong. You mean you disagree with him, right? I disagree with a few things in his post too. He's not wrong tho as it is his opinion. Just as whatever you think is not wrong as it is your opinion. So what are your suggestions for tr8?

erosan
10-08-06, 21:54
Erosan its his opinion so they cant be wrong. You mean you disagree with him, right? I disagree with a few things in his post too. He's not wrong tho as it is his opinion. Just as whatever you think is not wrong as it is your opinion. So what are your suggestions for tr8?

meh im sorry =[
I was all sad when they made Legend because I thought they were 'exploring' another part of TR, the one that made Lara who she is. But no instead they made a whole new story, and a whole different game imo >.<
That's why I'm pretty much against Legend, they should just let AOD the way there was and just continue with the story, i loved it ^.^

Mr.blue
10-08-06, 22:08
1. Go to more familiar locations in the world like what they did in all the other ones. :)
2. Make the level longer.
3. Put the spook factor back in.
4. Make it darker.
5. Put more tombs.

Assassino
11-08-06, 14:50
The original thrills!
And also...an auto save. So when you reach a checkpoint...the progress is saved permanently...untill you overwrite/delete or whatever.

TR freak
11-08-06, 21:09
Bring back the old end of level and end of game statistics. The statistics should be exactly like tr2 was. It should tell you your time, the no. of kills, ammo used, hits, no. of medipacks used and distance travelled. This is a good way of knowing how well you did and it is good for challenges like no medipacks and only pistols challenges.

Raiden
11-08-06, 21:24
Dear Crystal,

1. Ditch the button 'prompts' - I know how to grap or jump, don't need a button to tell me please.

2. The headset cues should be optional according to difficulty. Shut the hell up otherwise :lol

3. Keep the city and tomb levels - a mix is good to shake things up but don't take Lara out of the tombs (cough Core cough)

4. Ditch Keeley Hawes. Please.

5. Take some ideas from Hitman: Blood Money and make the game non-linear and more challenging. Some non-essential side missions woul be good but don't make it into Grand Theft Auto.

6. Costume changes were a good idea but a bit excessive.

7. Make. It. Longer. Please. But don't lose the way, it needs to be enjoyable (tall order!) Again with #5, Hitman has to be one the best games this year when it comes to length and enjoyment. I want to get stuck !!

8. An outside to the Manor.

9. Thanks for changing the face of Tomb Raider and keep up the good work! XD

nothingtolose
12-08-06, 14:56
I agree with Pablo.CT:
"...more animals, creatures... around"
=> that would be fun

Oh... Lara had to kill some dogs in Legend right? That's too bad...

This is my wish list in addition to the list of Pablo.CT: (inspired from other games...)
- Lara can learn magic/skills... and hence she could someday run along the wall like Prince of Persia
- The idea of time travelling is very promising... TR should integrate more and more from Einstein
- In addition to being a strong person, Lara should have some short-term love now. I don't know about this. Many male fans may not agree...
- Lara has some trips to Egypt, pyramids again... the look and feel of TR4
- Travel to other planets (inpired from The Longest Journey)
- ... and many more to come

Oh... I can't wait for the next release of TR...

Jones_lilo
12-08-06, 16:55

yeah, I understand exatly your point... and I didn't want to say: out all unreal tinhgs...
but many things how the jump like in firts 5 tomb raiders... I don't know... I think that will look strange!

the first thing I that I though when I play TRL was: man what they made with her long jump? but now I see that was good! look... I really thik that this is the best Tomb Raider... and I know a lot of people think the same... so I don't want redical modification... and forget the choose the gun in the croft manor, before the game... i changed my mind! hehe...

no more shines in the objects...

AND NO CORE BACK!

that's it! EIDOS AND CRYSTAL DYNAMICS!

the colonel
12-08-06, 23:38
In the next tomb raider there should be more of an out side in the manor not just a court yard and out side I would like to see an assault course and a motor bike track:)

kill bill
13-08-06, 01:23
ok illd love to have an relastic lara.just so you feel more in her world.:D

nothingtolose
13-08-06, 10:06
One more thing for Crystal Dynamics:

The cinematics should be done in High Quality FMVs (Bink videos) like TR4. This is the point that TR7 is never better than TR4. The cinematics of TR7 still look ugly in some way.

Looking back, it's really interesting to know that the whole TR4 (including FMVs...) is contained in only 1 CD, compared to 1 DVD of TR7...

Reggie
13-08-06, 17:03
Hi, I just wanted to put forward another suggestion for the Crystal Dynamics team, this time it’s about the music and how things can be improved from TR:Legend.

Part of the reasons why Tomb Raider 1-3 and respectively Tomb Raider 4 remain so timeless is the fact that the music used within them tend to be far more immersive than their more recent counterparts and that’s because the music relates to the culture of the place Lara is in. For example, Egyptian music was always a feature throughout Tomb Raider 4. The same pattern can be found in almost everywhere Lara goes to in the earlier games such as the Indian jungle in Tomb Raider 3, there were the sounds of drums and birds and other cultural instruments could be heard…this made the environment seem much more real immersive.

The problem I found with the music in TR:Legend was that it was hard to find a connection between the music and the environment Lara was in (The Tokyo music was very fitting though). When I’m playing Tomb Raider, I would like to hear something that reflected the place I’m in.

Some simple google searches have led me to find various highly informative sources such as these:

Ghana
http://music.calarts.edu/~kozadonu/instruments.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Ghana#Folk_music

Kazakhstan (note how folk music would have possible here) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Kazakhstan

Peru:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Peru

Bolivia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Bolivia

Nepal:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Nepal#Indigenous_Nepalese_Music

Sources: Wikipedia and Zadonu

Here is what Nathan McCree said about one such project he was working on during the development of Tomb Raider: 2...

“Just received this forwarded email concerning the interest that has accumulated about the Tomb Raider II music, in particular the Venice piece. So here goes, I'll set the record straight."

"The Venice piece was written by me. I spent a few days listening to various Venetian music from the Baroque period, analysing musical form and structure. Unfortunately I do not have the names of any individual pieces of reference material, but I can say that I listened primarily to Vivaldi and Bach. The piece was performed entirely on synthesizers (no samplers) and took 2 days to complete. I'm sorry I do not have any more info for you."

Source: The Croft Times ( http://www.cubeit.com/ctimes/walkthrough/tl0.htm )

The use of cultural music in Tombs and Rainforests and other remote areas, has in the past added so much atmosphere. This type of approach towards the music created in Tomb Raider 8, is something I’d be very happy hear.

thevman
14-08-06, 02:01
Agreed! :tmb: Give me classical music over techno pop any day! It just seems to suit TR soooo much better. Nice find on the research that went into the venice music, again, they did their homework and found what best suited the environment. I thought I recognized some touches of vivaldi in venice... :jmp: Some of the music in india hit me so deep I felt it from inside first and it radiated out of me when I heard it! That had deep emotional feeling to me. TR1's music when you found a new area was amazing like that too. :D I would get goose bumps, like I actually was the one who found that area for the first time in centuries.

Zelda master
14-08-06, 13:09
Heres a good one for CD...

FINISH THE ANGEL OF DARKNESS TRILOGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :mad:

tyler
14-08-06, 14:04
Note for CD: I really didn't like the idea in angel of darkness of talking to charcaters/making desisions that way. This is Tomb Raider, not some final fantasy rpg. Tomb Raider 2 should be the model for all following games in teh series.

tyler
14-08-06, 14:17
CD: Read the thread on here about sharks. Personally this is the most tense i've ver been in a TR game, i never came close with Legend,all i kept think was that i was having to rush all the time.

Elysia
14-08-06, 14:24
Dear Crystal Dynamics,

Play through the custom level set 'The Wrath of Thor'. Marvel at its complexity, immersive gameplay and atmosphere. Then employ Sue Wicks to design levels that capture that real Tomb Raider experience for you.

:tmb:

Shark_Blade
14-08-06, 19:08
good idea Elysia. Hear that CD? Or we're just gonna make you listen to us?:mis:

Jones_lilo
15-08-06, 01:12
NO more tutorial levels!
no more any help wrote in the screen!
a unbelieveble dificult!
much more levels
the cutscene between two levels... would be in high quality (like the firsts 5 tomb raiders.)
keep the good graphics.
keep the good dialogs.
and I think that venice in the todays graphics would be very nice!
opera house too!

joelfg
15-08-06, 17:02
I would love to know what happen in full to Lara so call dying in TR4 and Chronicles then all of a sudden alive but on the run, then shes back ok. But what happened? Did the police go ok evil is dead let Lara off the hook and she went back to her research in prep for TRL. Does any TR fan know cos that confused me??

Rivendell
15-08-06, 17:08
Did the police go ok evil is dead let Lara off the hook and she went back to her research in prep for TRL. Does any TR fan know cos that confused me??

It's a strange thing, nobody really knows.
Lara's biography is completely different now, and apparently all her other expeditions were fabricated works of "Trashy fiction" written by the press to make her seem more amazing than she actually was. So according to that, her adventures in Atlantis, China, everywhere else and Egypt never happened.

However, apparently it's been stated that legend is set between Tomb Raider 1 and Tomb Raider 2 in the timeline.

As for the conclusion of the Tomb Raider 4 storyline and Angel of Darkness, we were going to find out more about her rescue in AoD, though as the game was rushed by Eido$ they had to cut a lot of stuff out of the game. The story was to be continued in Angel of Darkness 2, set in Turkey's "Cappadocia, the lost Nephilim realm of tombs, temples and lost cities" however this idea was given to Crystal who scrapped it in favor of creating something entirely new.

There's currently a petition in AoD section to get some kind of resolve to that storyline, whether it be in Game form, a future FMV form, a book, or anything else.

fondantcookie
15-08-06, 17:12
I would love to know what happen in full to Lara so call dying in TR4 and Chronicles then all of a sudden alive but on the run, then shes back ok. But what happened? Did the police go ok evil is dead let Lara off the hook and she went back to her research in prep for TRL. Does any TR fan know cos that confused me??

Nope !! Crystal decided to drop this entire story arc in favor of a dumbed-down soap-opera plot in order to appeal to a wider audience...

..pah !!

Not only that, but they erased laras entire history, changed her biography, changed her personality...and pretty much slapped CORE, and the long term fans around the face...

Bad move CD....bad move...

If it all came off good and was well received then it would be fine...but Crystals wise move has created a bigger division of the TR fans than AOD did....

Now theyre left with a huge mess to clear up....and given their past choices...Id say that instead of rectifying the situation, they'll simply ignore it and keep on churning out more editions of bland-raider...

!!!

joelfg
15-08-06, 17:43
Oh I see. Thanks for that fondantcookie. It just seems so messed up. I liked AOD (even though alot didn't) and the way lara was dark in it but I couldn't get to grips with the whole story so never really ended the game though I have seen cutscenes to see what happens but I liked the storys and I still like watching them now. Its a shame they never made a film using the cutscenes. I do like the 2 TR films with Ms. Jolie but a animtaed computer enhanced film would be fab. CD maybe that could be a wish you may make true one day.

But at least we get to see what happened to her mother in TRL's.

petujaymz
16-08-06, 15:28
Just picture this for TR8!!!!!!!!!

Grand Theft Auto size levels across say three or four locations with TRL graphical detail and gameplay. As well as the standard puzzles, death traps and fight sequences, navigation and time limit objectives could be incorporated. Of course Lara would need one or two modes of transporation like...erm...an open top 4x4.

Just imagine a Liberty City sized River Gangees or Tokyo level - fantastic.

My one and only complaint about TRL were the linear objectives and level progression. In previous games you could go off on a tangent to achieve the same objective.

Obviously, the more you explore the Grand Theft Auto sized levels, the more objectives you complete etc etc the greater the reward. That's to say I wouldn't like such a game to be overcomplicated like an RPG, just a greater sense of freedom to explore.

Given the hype surrounding the capabilities of the PS3 and XBOX360 I'm sure both platforms could support such a game.

Another Lara
17-08-06, 20:59
Nope !! Crystal decided to drop this entire story arc in favor of a dumbed-down soap-opera plot in order to appeal to a wider audience...

..pah !!

Not only that, but they erased laras entire history, changed her biography, changed her personality...and pretty much slapped CORE, and the long term fans around the face...

Bad move CD....bad move...

If it all came off good and was well received then it would be fine...but Crystals wise move has created a bigger division of the TR fans than AOD did....

Now theyre left with a huge mess to clear up....and given their past choices...Id say that instead of rectifying the situation, they'll simply ignore it and keep on churning out more editions of bland-raider...

!!!

They've basically rubbished the ORIGINAL history of the ORIGINAL Lara Croft and replaced it with the movie version... I like the movies and love Angie but PLEASE KEEP THE MOVIE OUT OF THE GAME! :mad:

And get rid of Zip and Alistair, and mostly that freakin headset: I liked the isolation and fear factor of the previous games.

Levels really need to be longer and bring back the exploration that is sorely missed!

Winston_the_butler
17-08-06, 21:56
Just picture this for TR8!!!!!!!!!

Grand Theft Auto size levels across say three or four locations with TRL graphical detail and gameplay. As well as the standard puzzles, death traps and fight sequences, navigation and time limit objectives could be incorporated. Of course Lara would need one or two modes of transporation like...erm...an open top 4x4.

My one and only complaint about TRL were the linear objectives and level progression. In previous games you could go off on a tangent to achieve the same objective.

Obviously, the more you explore the Grand Theft Auto sized levels, the more objectives you complete etc etc the greater the reward. That's to say I wouldn't like such a game to be overcomplicated like an RPG, just a greater sense of freedom to explore.

Given the hype surrounding the capabilities of the PS3 and XBOX360 I'm sure both platforms could support such a game.

i like the idea, and with the PS3's new blu-ray discs, there's virtually no limit to the amount of stuff they could jam into it.

larastomb
21-08-06, 08:04
I noticed that they changed her bio as well.
It's stupid.
It really is.

The story between chronicles and AOD is explained in a book called The Lost Cult.

My ideas for the next game.

Keep alistair and zip.

Keep the puzzles in croft manor but make us go outside and use her bike, training ground etc

Keep the tokens so we can unlock constumes.

Keep the hints from allistair and zip.

Put back lara's original bio.

Get rid of the timed missions.

A couple of extra missions. (bonus or just in the game)

Appearances by her father. (past or present)

Van Croy
21-08-06, 22:04
well i liked tombraider legends but it was really high tech since my last game i played was relevation.....bit of a leap but i am catching up with the other games thanks to ebay:p :ton: well.....i think it would be cool if they got angelina jolie to do the voice that'd be cool! lol and i think a bity more flying arrows and booby traps that we haven't seen before would be cool....

JACOBryanBURNS
21-08-06, 23:20
If we see Avalon at all... I hope it's an utterly confusing place...where time and reality are altered.

HOWEVER, if you remember correctly, Lara saying 'that's where you're wrong, zip. This has always been what it's about' then if lara finds her mother, she's kind of completed her grand goal.

BUT... I'm hoping that it goes somewhere along the lines of Lara is so desperate to get her mother back that she'll do anything... like really anything...

I mean you know how we got this emotional view of Lara in the game? I want to see some of that return with Lara's desperation to get her mother back somewhat cosume her. I think it would be an interesting aspect. Of course I would hope she still retains her *****y, slightly arrogant, aristocratic sense about her. We all love it.

But if we do see avalon... it's got to be entirely morbid... where anything can happen. But have it be like a superior demension to our own world. It can be where time is swallowed, to where history collides. Where anyone and anything can come in contact with one another. A place of more ancient proportions that one can really fathom. Sort of in this way... The first beings of avalon, knowing that it was going to be the place where the past in put, set out the dias' to connect Avalon with the current world so that any corrections in time can be made when need be... but something has happened and when the many swords were given out, a sword-bearer went corrupt and decided to attempt to make avalon his own... entirely screwing up Avalon. Creating a place of chaos. And having stumbled upon one of the swords, being excalibur, lara has to go in and out of avalon and back and forth in time to get her mother back. VERY puzzling to both Lara and the player. Although Lara's puzzlement with be the gamers challenge.

But that's just me... and tell me if it doesn't make sense.

Van Croy
22-08-06, 01:07
i didn't really like tombraider angel of darkness...the controls were to roboticall and the auto grab through me off....legends improved a bit and i like quick climbing and shimming....but i hated in AoD when there was a time limti for laras grip!:mad: they should take that into consideration

petujaymz
22-08-06, 13:51
I'm working on this whenever I get time. Hope Crystal Dynamics look at these boards...

Think Grand Theft Auto (GTA) crossed with Tomb Raider Legend (TRL) and the Zelda Series.

Don’t get me wrong. I think TRL was an excellent and the best addition to the series with one complaint. The game runs on rails in comparison to previous instalments. The gamer is pretty much spoon fed when progressing through each level with very few exceptions…

GTA Elements

GTA sized separate levels across three or four locations with TRL graphical detail, depth and gameplay. As well as the standard puzzles, death traps and fight sequences, navigation and time limit objectives could be incorporated. Of course, Lara would need a few modes of transport to get around such as her 4x4, a quad bike or canoe. The vehicles are not to appear randomly which forces the gamer to decide where and when to utilise the transportation. Obviously, the number of puzzles and obstacles will need to be proportional to the size of the GTA levels, with driving and fight sequences filling the gaps. As in GTA, portions on each level are opened as you progress with the primary objective made very clear in the cut scene to cater for the Prince of Persia types. Below this there can be tens/hundreds of sub objectives, some optional, others compulsory, which upon completion make achieving each primary objective easier/clearer. Just imagine using Lara’s horizon scanner to pick out the primary objective temple/skyscraper in the distance and actually ‘trekking’ there with the primary objective always in view. Multiple routes (I’m talking hundreds here) should be available with deceptively easy tracks to throw off the gamer.

TRL Improvements

With the much larger levels there would be less need to spoon feed the gamer puzzle solutions given the many alternatives when negotiating a particular trap or obstacle so don’t do it!!!! A vast array of weaponary would be required given the near infinite scenarios that can be set up in GTA sized levels. Here, there’s scope for sub-objectives.

More to follow...Crystal Dynamics...TAKE NOTE!

Van Croy
22-08-06, 14:04
avalaon! i completely forgot! i want to see that and want to see her find her mom....woulnd't really want anything gorey....maybe she finds a seleton thinks its her mom gives up slams a pillar in anger and sumthin happens............oooooooo...intense..........

Twiin
22-08-06, 14:11
It's a strange thing, nobody really knows.
Lara's biography is completely different now, and apparently all her other expeditions were fabricated works of "Trashy fiction" written by the press to make her seem more amazing than she actually was. So according to that, her adventures in Atlantis, China, everywhere else and Egypt never happened.

However, apparently it's been stated that legend is set between Tomb Raider 1 and Tomb Raider 2 in the timeline.

As for the conclusion of the Tomb Raider 4 storyline and Angel of Darkness, we were going to find out more about her rescue in AoD, though as the game was rushed by Eido$ they had to cut a lot of stuff out of the game. The story was to be continued in Angel of Darkness 2, set in Turkey's "Cappadocia, the lost Nephilim realm of tombs, temples and lost cities" however this idea was given to Crystal who scrapped it in favor of creating something entirely new.

There's currently a petition in AoD section to get some kind of resolve to that storyline, whether it be in Game form, a future FMV form, a book, or anything else.

Lara's lawyers claim that those exploits were works of 'trashy fiction' - and Lara does not explicitly say so herself. I believe she'd rather keep her more fantastical adventures hush-hush from the unknowing world. I believe that all of her adventures DID in fact occur in the Legend universe... even AoD is possible, but a little shadier... TR1, 2 and 3 could definately have happened.
*Shameless plug ahead* - Stay tuned with Tomb Raider: REBORN, as we are continuing the story of AoD in a work of multimedia fiction!

2kool4u
22-08-06, 20:32
[QUOTE=petujaymz]Just picture this for TR8!!!!!!!!!

I agree but maybe they can do a billion side missions.

2kool4u
22-08-06, 20:38
& also maybe she can drive from her house to town to shop for food etc or go to the airports to do the side missions. Any1 agree?

TR freak
22-08-06, 21:10
Its a tomb raider. You dont shop in a tomb raider. Its not shop raider.

thevman
22-08-06, 21:19
& also maybe she can drive from her house to town to shop for food etc or go to the airports to do the side missions. Any1 agree?

Oh yippie, TR: The sims edition! :rolleyes:

petujaymz
23-08-06, 14:07
No, no, no, no, no ,no ,no!!!

The core game style will be that of a standard Tomb Raider game taking elements from Grand Theft Auto/Zelda.

As per, TR8 could use the mansion for training purposes then have three/four GTA sized levels.

Picture the Bolivia starting point in TRL. Rather than just having one route plainly marked in front of you, imagine simply knowing what the primary objective is then exploring multiple routes each with the same depth as a standard TR level.

Catch my drift?

Obviously, the climax to such a game should be set in the Valley of the Kings. Picture a PS3/XBOX360 powered GTA sized Egypt level, dirt tracks, pyramids, the sphinx etc etc again...on a GTA scale!!!!

fondantcookie
23-08-06, 18:11
Ive said it once and ill say it again...

Crystal need to get the basic tomb raider formula right before they start trying to reinvent the series with new innovations.

Personally, for TR8,I want a solid TR game...with maybe a few of the aformentioned new innovations.

Creating a new 'tomb raider' that is completely different from the classics (ala GTA ripoff) may not be well received. Just look at the chaos that emerged after CD released Legend (Yes it as a good game...but it was missing LOTS of the key classic TR elements)....

They need to go BACK to square one...re-play the classics and try and re-capture that tomb-raider magic. Bring back the exploration, fear, mind-boggling puzzles, huge expansive landscapes, death-defying leaps....and thenmaybe introduce a large GTA styled area if time permits (similar to TR4s Coastal ruins section...).

Given the response from a large amount of TR-traditionalists (myself included) after Legend....I think CD will not be let off quite so lightly if they simply release a Legend rehash as TR8, OR, release a game thats even more different than the classics....

Seriously...CD....give us TOMB RAIDER....

*Length
*Challenging Puzzles (Physics Based ala Legend are fine...but bring back Locks, Keys, Levers, Blocks also)
*Old Style Infinite Backpack (including multiple weapons)
*No autograb....we want that sense of fear and death-defying leaps
*Traps (seriosuly, Level 1 of TR2 has more traps than the entirety of Legend)
*More UNDERWATER sections (with classic controls (Yes, they were actually more fluid) and re-introduce underwater combat)
*Fear and atmosphere.....quiet ambience, faint murmors, grounds and crumbling rocks....not constant unnecessary techno-pop !!!
*Exploration....we want to explore, NO MORE LEGEND-LINEARITY
*If you must have ZIP/Alister...give us an option to switch them OFF
*And, no more on-screen tips
Oh, AND FINALLY...do NOT listen to Ian Livingston when he says "gamers these days prefer a short, sharp thrill ride as opposed to a long, drawn out experience"...that is NOT true !!!!

Tomb Raider was NOT as well received as you think. YES it sold well. YES it got good reviews. YES it attracted new fans....but are the old fan base entirely happy?

Is there even anything remotely memorable about the game like there was with the original?

NO !

Red Dress
23-08-06, 21:29
Back in the day, Tomb Raider had engaging male characters. Give the girls something to drool over. Bring back Kurtis Trent and haul in a new posse of gamers.

TR freak
23-08-06, 21:32
Back in the day, Tomb Raider had engaging male characters. Give the girls something to drool over. Bring back Kurtis Trent and haul in a new posse of gamers.
OMG are men all you ever think about red dress lol. Oh and I wouldn't count on kurtis being back. He along with everything to do with aod is now dead :(

Shark_Blade
24-08-06, 03:25
ditch the headset!!! :mad:
It spoilt everything and the atmosphere

Red Dress
24-08-06, 04:46
Keep the headset... just replace Zip and Alister with Kurtis...

And yes, mmm boys or whatever it is kids say these days.

Rivendell
24-08-06, 08:44
ditch the headset!!! :mad:
It spoilt everything and the atmosphere

Ditto that, that's one of the worst additions to "Tomb Raider" yet.
It fits in levels like TR5, but to have it in every level and the city level in legend was a silly move, it really does take away the tomby atmosphere!

GodOfLight
24-08-06, 08:59
Ditto that, that's one of the worst additions to "Tomb Raider" yet.
It fits in levels like TR5, but to have it in every level and the city level in legend was a silly move, it really does take away the tomby atmosphere!

funnily enough, in the city level lara didnt even have the headset as a part of the dress outfit she was wearing, yet the voices were till present. how stupid is that? :hea:

petujaymz
25-08-06, 13:49
Can't be bothered reading all 90 or so pages to find out.

Are Crystal Dynamics likely to catch sight of this thread?

petujaymz
25-08-06, 15:38
No, no, no, no, no ,no ,no!!!

The core game style will be that of a standard Tomb Raider game taking elements from Grand Theft Auto/Zelda.

As per, TR8 could use the mansion for training purposes then have three/four GTA sized levels.

Picture the Bolivia starting point in TRL. Rather than just having one route plainly marked in front of you, imagine simply knowing what the primary objective is then exploring multiple routes each with the same depth as a standard TR level.

Catch my drift?

Obviously, the climax to such a game should be set in the Valley of the Kings. Picture a PS3/XBOX360 powered GTA sized Egypt level, dirt tracks, pyramids, the sphinx etc etc again...on a GTA scale!!!!

Back to my TRL/GTA scale crossover...

Picture it...imagine a River Gangees or Valley of the Kings GTA scale level.

The starting points could be a base camp with Alistair and Zip on standby with their laptops and anicdotes. This could also be the main save point where ammo and health can be replenished. Then Lara goes off exploring the multiple TR level routes to accomplish the primary objective.

I must emphasise, I'm talking GTA scale, not GTA gameplay. Yet with such large levels Lara would need transportation, but such transportation should not appear randomly which then forces the gamer to plan ahead.

PLEASE DO IT Crystal Dynamics. The PS3 especially could accomodate such a vast game.

KurtisLonely
26-08-06, 11:18
I Do agree with the list, the levels should be longer, but there should be MANY MORE levels!
give Lara more outfits and maybe she can have more medipacks and weapons (3 weapons should be okay enough)

TR freak
26-08-06, 11:22
Can't be bothered reading all 90 or so pages to find out.

Are Crystal Dynamics likely to catch sight of this thread?
Its likely they'll read the first 20 or so pages and then stop. By then they'll basicly know what the fans want anyway. Most of the good ideas were put in the first set of pages anyway. Thats why this threads quite quiet now. All the good ideas have already been mentioned several times. Even this complaint about the headset in this page has been mentioned loads of times in earlier pages.

AnthonyShock1515
26-08-06, 11:52
I think levels should be longer. And I would like there to be more larger, breathtaking rooms. Like big puzzle rooms and moving mechanisms. Places where you can't stop looking around. Also, for some reason, after Lara got the ponytail, it didnt feel like Tomb Raider. It wasn't the hair, its when her hair changed, all the environments changed too. I liked how the layout and the rooms were before they were all changed. Like that statue in that icy room we seen as the game had just announced development. Suddenly they changed all the environments. And I think Kazahkstan was a very bad idea. I think there should be less metal built environments in the game.Kazahkstan had metal everywhere and it made the game look horrible. I think the game should have at l;east one urban environment. And it shouldn't be too long.

AnthonyShock1515
26-08-06, 11:55
I also think the idea of unlockables is a bad idea, it didnt feel very tomb Raiderish, it does add replay value, but its annoying, it distracts you from following the storyline. And I don't like all the outfit ideas. I think Lara should have her outfits fro a level and thats it. The unlockable outfits was annoying.

terminator
27-08-06, 14:53
i agree with it all:D
i especially agree with expanding the mansion
it is soo little its driving me:hea: :hea: :hea: :hea: :hea:

laraluver06
27-08-06, 16:04
I think that its silly the way they have givin you a cool swimming pool and a boss gym but you cant go out onto the time trail or the quads or anything and what about the shooting range where the old man stood haha that woz hilarious !!! Also dont make things to easy to find !!!

i think lara should be the only playable character but people such as alistar and zip should be involved in the levels !!!

they shud stick the bungee rope that lara has on the film in her mansion thats awesome """ :jmp:

oh and there shud be a level like the dead old one where loadsa people ambush her in the house! and he hasnt got any guns!

Rivendell
27-08-06, 16:12
Here's another suggestion:

Steer clear of the film-game collaboration. It's Not a good move. The games were great before the films, a massive majority of the TR fans don't like the films and so I hope you understand how this could affect your profits if you bind the two together.

thepetemaster
27-08-06, 16:51
If anyone important ever reads this, go here for some inspiration if you feel you can't find any of your own! :pi:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=67894

shaahinkaaveh
27-08-06, 18:36
If anyone important ever reads this, go here for some inspiration if you feel you can't find any of your own! :pi:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=67894
And don't forget to pay Pete for it, you money making machines :mad:.

:D ;)

revelations
28-08-06, 03:20
I think its not right to show Lara killing animals, they should keep animal and a gunfire should scare them away but i dont like shooting down a tiger or a monkey. Its just not right.

Crofty_Tomb
28-08-06, 09:46
I agree with everything u said too!

- When playing in the "Tomb raider" difficutly remove all the hints and the autograb function! That way the old hardcore Tomb Raiders will be happier!

It would be too difficult for the PC players since their fingers will be on other buttons..

TR freak
28-08-06, 09:50
It would be too difficult for the PC players since their fingers will be on other buttons..
Well if they could manage in old games they can manage in future games. Plus they have the option of getting a joypad.

fondantcookie
28-08-06, 12:30
I think its not right to show Lara killing animals, they should keep animal and a gunfire should scare them away but i dont like shooting down a tiger or a monkey. Its just not right.

Past TRs have always involved encountering a wide variety of adversaries...from humans and mutants, to mystical creatures and animals..

Besides around four human enemies, the entire TR1 enemy list were animals...

And it seems the majority of old TR fans want this elemnt brought back to the series after the incredibly bland clone-armies in Legend.

It is only a game...no real animals are harmed...

Lara is suriving in a fierce world of wild animals that are better suited to that particular niche than she is...and thus firepower is the only solution...

But yet again, it is only a game.... an escape from the mundane existence that is real life...

If you are upset by laras past (and future) endevours....please play a different game...

One that is more pro-animal !!!!

tha_mattster
28-08-06, 13:25
I'm against killing animals in real life, but fortunatley TR is not real and so I will happily shoot a vitrual representation of any animal - if CD put animals in next time.

I don't count the TRL leapords as animals, they behaved like faulty robots - terrible AI and poor animations.

Say no to the clone army!

revelations
28-08-06, 14:25
Past TRs have always involved encountering a wide variety of adversaries...from humans and mutants, to mystical creatures and animals..

Besides around four human enemies, the entire TR1 enemy list were animals...

And it seems the majority of old TR fans want this elemnt brought back to the series after the incredibly bland clone-armies in Legend.

It is only a game...no real animals are harmed...

Lara is suriving in a fierce world of wild animals that are better suited to that particular niche than she is...and thus firepower is the only solution...

But yet again, it is only a game.... an escape from the mundane existence that is real life...

If you are upset by laras past (and future) endevours....please play a different game...

One that is more pro-animal !!!!

I dont think its fun anymore, Laras using state of the art equipment and all automatic weapons but it so lame to se she still has to hunt animals like some old colonial british princess. Its just out of place

tha_mattster
28-08-06, 14:27
Lara does not 'hunt' animals, they attack her. What should she do? Be eaten alive or not leave her home. They are the only options.

thepetemaster
28-08-06, 14:32
I dont think its fun anymore, Laras using state of the art equipment and all automatic weapons but it so lame to se she still has to hunt animals like some old colonial british princess. Its just out of place

Lara isn't a big game hunter, she doesn't go round the world trying to wipe out endangered species, and then suddenly think - 'oh, while I'm here I might as well nab me that dusty/shiny (depends on which version ;)) relic while I'm in the neighbourhood.' Lara kills to survive - she doesn't organize fox hunts and test beauty products on beagles in her lab at the mansion, although they could be nice mini-games for TR8 come to think of it....:pi:

thevman
29-08-06, 11:12
Woah, we already have your "don't hurt the poor little animals" thread, don't go dragging on in this thread about it! :cen: :hea:

Den-k
29-08-06, 12:48
Remeber back in the old days when you had about half a milimetre of energy left to finish the level, and only your pistols to rely on?

Also what happened to Lara's bag, and all the weapons to collect? I loved going into that thing to see what she had.

More in the house would be great, but I have to disagree about zip and alister, I think they are a completly useless addition that take away something that the other TR's had.

Especially when the story stops them speaking to you because something has happened (like in Ghana when they disappear for a bit cos amanda turns up at the house) but they keep on complimenting Lara when she does a good jump - thats just poo! Get rid of them! infact kill them off right at the beggining of the next one!

"from now on every breath you take is a gift from me!" Lara croft

Den-k
29-08-06, 12:51
she is not exactly madonna!

Crofty_Tomb
29-08-06, 12:54
Welcome to the forum Den-K, (nice entrance ;)). I agree with you but I think we are going to lose the headset in Avalon cause its gonna be like their at the mansion, she's in avalon... thinking about it maybe they'll join her!!!! (just kidding!) She migbt lose the headset while fighting something in avalon..

revelations
29-08-06, 16:29
Woah, we already have your "don't hurt the poor little animals" thread, don't go dragging on in this thread about it! :cen: :hea:

Why not isnt this thread about likes and dislikes about future TR games. If you dont like my posts ignore them. so much for free speech.

LARA KILLING ANIMALS IS LAME ! ! !

thevman
29-08-06, 17:30
One comment is fine, let's not escalate it into a long drawn out discussion, you have the other thread for that... ;) This is the suggestion thread, your suggestion is noted. :D

Natla'd
29-08-06, 21:05
Dear Crystal Dynamics:

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5598/allargj8.jpg

Also,

"Alister: oooh Larson, you're so manly...
Larson: Saddle up, boy - y'all in for a rough ol' ride..."

Love,

Natla'd (who's on a dare from the Morgan Grey thread) :D

Samsdad
29-08-06, 21:10
The intellectual tone of the comments are definately going down hill. And folks question why developers no longer listen to the fans.

Natla'd
29-08-06, 21:16
C'mon, Samsdad, have a little faith in these developers. I doubt they're so stupid that they think the whole Tomb Raider community wants a homoerotic Tomb Raider game, as opposed to just me and Elysia. :mis:

revelations
29-08-06, 22:01
One comment is fine, let's not escalate it into a long drawn out discussion, you have the other thread for that... ;) This is the suggestion thread, your suggestion is noted. :D

We cannot have long discussion! wow!

belter_21
29-08-06, 22:09
The intellectual tone of the comments are definately going down hill. And folks question why developers no longer listen to the fans.
Agreed :)

Rivendell
29-08-06, 23:04
Someone made an excellent comment before that suggested the headset won't work when Lara reaches Avalon (and she'd better...) what with it being an alternate dimension and all ;)
The suggestion being, don't let Alister and Zip babble on through what could be a / couple of nice levels.

larastomb
30-08-06, 07:39

Well they should.

fondantcookie
30-08-06, 08:47
Someone made an excellent comment before that suggested the headset won't work when Lara reaches Avalon (and she'd better...) what with it being an alternate dimension and all ;)
The suggestion being, don't let Alister and Zip babble on through what could be a / couple of nice levels.

An excellent suggestion Rivendell !!

I would LOVE it if we had less contact from ZIP/Alsiter. Infact, when lara got cut off from them in ghana...it was a blessing. BUT, instead of the silence i'd been hoping for,lara insisted on muttering to herself ("Where are you guys? Zip? Alister? Blah blah blah)....which just ruined to atmosphere as much as the headset in the firstplace...

Sort it out please !!!

Oh, and backon topic please. This is a suggestion thread.

Natla'd
30-08-06, 11:57
Personally, I'm a little offended that you assume that I'm joking when I suggest a male/male relationship in Tomb Raider 8. It would bring depth to the characters of Alister and Larson, and I'm sure the old fans would be pleased to see a TR1 character back. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure a gay couple would be pretty unique to a game in this genre. It could make for a great storyline, too - Lara's battling against Larson to uncover some artefact, and poor Alister doesn't know where to start. Does he root for his employer and dear friend, or for the man he loves? When it comes down to it; Will lust bring Alister to the darker side? Will love conquer all? Dammit, it could be beautiful. Okay, I know the pictures and dialogue were meant to be on the humourous side, but the more I think about it, the more it seems a good idea.

Of course, if CD don't want to consider this for a mainstream game, then I have just one request, which I'm sure has been repeated many, many times in this thread: bring Lara back.

thevman
30-08-06, 15:15
We cannot have long discussion! wow!

I didn't say that, I said you have a thread for that discussion, this thread is supposed to be for suggestions, not arguements. Wanna talk about the animal issue? Talk all you want, in the thread YOU made for it already... HINT, HINT! http://www.storagebin.us/smilies/smilies/brick.gif

PirateRose
01-09-06, 11:44
I have an idea. Random pointless artifacts. Like old spoons, pottery, clothing, that Lara takes for her own personal collection.

I mean, Lara has an interest in artifacts. How can she not like to have a collection of that old stuff?

fondantcookie
01-09-06, 12:32
Personally, I'm a little offended that you assume that I'm joking when I suggest a male/male relationship in Tomb Raider 8. It would bring depth to the characters of Alister and Larson, and I'm sure the old fans would be pleased to see a TR1 character back. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure a gay couple would be pretty unique to a game in this genre. It could make for a great storyline, too - Lara's battling against Larson to uncover some artefact, and poor Alister doesn't know where to start. Does he root for his employer and dear friend, or for the man he loves? When it comes down to it; Will lust bring Alister to the darker side? Will love conquer all? Dammit, it could be beautiful. Okay, I know the pictures and dialogue were meant to be on the humourous side, but the more I think about it, the more it seems a good idea.

Of course, if CD don't want to consider this for a mainstream game, then I have just one request, which I'm sure has been repeated many, many times in this thread: bring Lara back.

I really like the idea of a male/male relationship introduced into a computer game..

I'm not aware of it being done before...and it would be interesting how such a thing would be handled. Subtle hints? Obvious inuendos? .... intriguing :D

I'm not quite sure how it would fit into a Tomb Raider though....

And looking at Legend, if a gay character/couple were to be introduced, they would no doubt be riddled with cliches and unjust stereotypes....

Ahh well, we'll see what the future holds. Given the soap-opera plot of Legend...i'd say its definitly not impossible... We already have the token black guy. Now all Lara needs is a gay best friend...

....they can go shopping together and buy even more outfits....hehe

:(

larastomb
01-09-06, 12:39
There is nothing wrong with the idea of a male and male relationship. Something different it would bring to the TR world.

Natla'd
01-09-06, 12:47
Unfortunately, I doubt there will ever be a male/male relationship storyline in Tomb Raider, at least not a strong one, simply because there's no way it can centre around Lara Croft.

And looking at Legend, if a gay character/couple were to be introduced, they would no doubt be riddled with cliches and unjust stereotypes....

Oh, God. If TR8 brings us a camp Alister, I'm going home. :p

petujaymz
01-09-06, 16:22
Back to my Tomb Raider Legend/Grand Theft Auto crossover suggestion.

I'm not talking GTA gameplay here, just GTA scale.

Picture Bolivia/Tokyo/Valley Of The Kings but on a Liberty City scale...catch my drift?

Obviously, the number of puzzles/traps/obstacles/enemies/temples would have to be vastly increased proportional to the GTA scale levels.

Picture the starting point in TRL Ghana...rather than having one route plainly marked out in front of you, imagine a GTA scale Ghana with a near infinite number of choices on where to go.

Considering how powerful the PS3/XBOX360 are, I'm sure they could handle such a game. I'm not talking merely in one location either...I would love to see four/five totally individual GTA scale Tomb Raider levels as well as Croft Manor for training purposes. WOW!!!! :yah:

Surely everyone can see the appeal of this, not to mention the additional 'pick up and play' elements that could be introduced. Needless to say, I want the difficulty cranked up to TR1 - TR4 levels.

fomatk
02-09-06, 15:43
The manhours required to build such levels with dynamic puzzles are far too many for such a feat. Also, the manhours needed to think of those puzzles is tremendous. Try making some TR puzzles on paper, and you will see that they take a lot of time.

Shark_Blade
02-09-06, 17:06
Heres a suggestion CD:

- ditch the headset. we don't need them. if you're desperately need to put them , let it be used at the end of level cutscene if really necessary(we never need them before, we never needed it now)
- levels!! you people need to learn from Core. I mean your environments is beautiful but it's nothing creative really. Just plain linear no creativity. :o
- make Lara more snappy and sharp, not wimpy
- vehicles should be a lot more tomb raidery, not that lame lift thingy and boring motorbike section
-animals!! I want loads that are beasts!!
-enemies must be hard! very hard!!!

Rivendell
03-09-06, 19:42
Heres a suggestion CD:
- levels!! you people need to learn from Core. I mean your environments is beautiful but it's nothing creative really. Just plain linear no creativity. :o

:)
(I've just created a thread about this, but it also works as a suggestion.. and a hope. .. Please CD hear it!!)

This is something I've only just properly realised. Well, not "just" realised, I've sort of known it all along, but never put 2+2 together.

The *way* the levels flow into one another. This is something I feel legend unfortunately missed out on. I read people saying how legend 'jumps from one place to the next' / globetrotts. Well, I thought - but don't all TRs?

I only now realised how - that in comparison to the classics the do jump, Really jump.
I thought that there's only one level per location in legend, whereas in the classics, there's 3 or four in the same location before moving on to the next place.

The levels really do flow into each other in the classics:
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/1074/levellayoutuo7.jpg

It was enjoyable to (for example in TR1) be able to watch Lara enter a cave high up a peruvian mountain, then be able to progress through that cave and into a hidden 'city'. Making our way through this city, we discover a path that leads to 'The Lost Valley', and a room in this Valley leads us to our goal in Peru : The Tomb of Qualopec, near the entrance.
There's a natural explorative flow from one level into the next- you feel like you're progressing from one place to the next, going deeper into the locations.

In TR1 Europe: The top of a mountain: the Folly. In its depths is the entrance to Midas' palace. From this ancient palace we're led into an age old Cistern. From passages beneath the cistern we enter an underground lake- the Tomb of Tihocan.

Even in the final section of TR1: We get into the Great Pyramid of Atlantis from beneath it: through Natla's Mines.

TR2, 3, 4, (and 5) show this: as does the criticised TR6. All of the games up until now have followed this pattern, and it's a shame that legend hasn't.

Instead we've got:

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/4855/worldmaplegendmv9.jpg

We literally jump from one location to the next, instead of spending some time there, exploring and delving deeper into the locations over two or three levels.
What we have is 8 short levels, that just as they even start to show a hint of challenge, whip us off to another location to start again.

I know it's been said before by a couple of people, but I feel it's a highly
important element to TR.

For example the start: on a cliff face in Bolivia. How did she get there? We could have had:

Level1: At the foot of the mountain/cliff
Level2: In a cave network, climbing up inside the mountain
Level3: A complicated level full of maneuvering over the cliff face: (Leads to that first clip)
Level4: Bolivia.

Same for the other levels: Ghana for example- Lara arrives there spontaneously on her bike. How? Lord knows I didn't like the bike stages, but that could have padded out the game a bit more, given us places to see/explore on the way to Ghana.

Bolivia Redux: Say for example that something happened at Tiwanaku and the temple entrance collapsed: Lara needs to find another way to get to that dias. Perhaps through the rainforest/ or even up inside that mountain and arrive beneath that area where the dias lies (you must have noticed that huge cavernous hole beneath it!) .

So my hope is for the next TR, we get longer time spent and more levels in the same location, so we have to work to get to the locations: make the tombs in themselves feel like rewards when we eventually reach them!

:wve:

Shark_Blade
03-09-06, 19:58
good work rivendell:tmb:

raider gal
04-09-06, 05:33
Just to limit the amount of threads i though i'd make this, a suggestion to CD to what to include in the next game:

-CD keep the Legend engine it was fun and brilliant, optimise it a little and it will be perfect.

-The Mansion was great and the inside brought back memories, The outside was a little small but nice, Please please in TR8 expand it to Gardens, a Maze, and more rooms. Also let us see the front of the house.

-Make the Tomb alot more dangerouse with fewer mercenries, more high falls and fatal deathtraps.

-Could u Make some refrences to past TR's. The Natla crates were funny and a nice easter egg.

-Make the Levels longer.

-More animals, wild creatures roaming about.

-Most importantly keep up the stnadards of TRL and u wont go wrong.:)

never could agree more;)

MelikeLara
04-09-06, 22:51
CD should have you on board as alevel designer/concept artist, you've just put the best tr into a few sentences!

laraluver06
05-09-06, 21:00
i loved the venice level on i think was it TR2 and we need to see more under water action and i definastly want to see amanda back! i thought her character was so well thought out

but get rid of those idiot animals you have to use a whole clip of ammo to make a bloody dent !!

and the headset is such a distraction but dont get rid off alistar and zip !!!!

laraluver06
05-09-06, 21:04
An Alsoooo get back the outdoor part of the mansion and expand it abit

like the assult course

i really enjoyed shooting the old man and hearing him moan hehe but have u noticed the way hes grew about 4 ft and looks about 30 yrs younger

:hea: :hea: :hea: :mad: :mad: :mad: :cen: :cen: :cen:

belter_21
06-09-06, 23:22
Provide Some News About Future Games...

ivannnnn
07-09-06, 07:05
NO more outfit selection :mad: :mad:

petujaymz
07-09-06, 14:42
Back to my Tomb Raider Legend/Grand Theft Auto crossover suggestion.

I'm not talking GTA gameplay here, just GTA scale.

Picture Bolivia/Tokyo/Valley Of The Kings but on a Liberty City scale...catch my drift?

Obviously, the number of puzzles/traps/obstacles/enemies/temples would have to be vastly increased proportional to the GTA scale levels.

Picture the starting point in TRL Ghana...rather than having one route plainly marked out in front of you, imagine a GTA scale Ghana with a near infinite number of choices on where to go.

Considering how powerful the PS3/XBOX360 are, I'm sure they could handle such a game. I'm not talking merely in one location either...I would love to see four/five totally individual GTA scale Tomb Raider levels as well as Croft Manor for training purposes. WOW!!!!

Surely everyone can see the appeal of this, not to mention the additional 'pick up and play' elements that could be introduced. Needless to say, I want the difficulty cranked up to TR1 - TR4 levels.

The manhours required to build such levels with dynamic puzzles are far too many for such a feat. Also, the manhours needed to think of those puzzles is tremendous. Try making some TR puzzles on paper, and you will see that they take a lot of time.

Very true. I've dabbled with the level editor in the past and didn't realise the amount of planning required even for a simple assault course. Even so...Crystal Dymanics are professionals aren't they? Why not just increase the size of their design team tenfold, even twentyfold? Such a game would be a massive hit. Not only would it appeal to hardcore Tomb Raiders of the TR1-TR4 ilk, the additional 'pick up and play' elements would attract pretty much anyone who can hold a controller.

fomatk
10-09-06, 21:21
Very true. I've dabbled with the level editor in the past and didn't realise the amount of planning required even for a simple assault course. Even so...Crystal Dymanics are professionals aren't they? Why not just increase the size of their design team tenfold, even twentyfold? Such a game would be a massive hit. Not only would it appeal to hardcore Tomb Raiders of the TR1-TR4 ilk, the additional 'pick up and play' elements would attract pretty much anyone who can hold a controller.

They can't afford to hire that many employees, and though they might contain some ideas, Tomb Raider is really a cult genre, and masses of programmers wouldn't do anything good for the game or the "hardcore Tomb Raiders of TR1-TR4, they'd just cause the certain death of the series.

petujaymz
11-09-06, 15:39
They can't afford to hire that many employees, and though they might contain some ideas, Tomb Raider is really a cult genre, and masses of programmers wouldn't do anything good for the game or the "hardcore Tomb Raiders of TR1-TR4, they'd just cause the certain death of the series.

Let's go forward fifteen years when games consoles (if they're still around) will be ten times as powerful. We're NOW experiencing photo realistic graphics etc so what's the next step given the surplus memory at a developer's disposal?

A massive, absorbing and mind boggling Tomb Raider 8.

Relatively, I really don't think it's that complicated a task. As well as looking at GTA, consider the construed nature of Zelda games.

I say keep core TR gameplay (obviously) and incorporate GTA/Zelda game structure elements.

in these arms
17-09-06, 09:56
NO more outfit selection :mad: :mad:

I'd keep the outfit selection.

"Laras in her Japan clothes in Kazakhstan, she will be frozen" I like doing that!

bogwitch
18-09-06, 16:53
does anybody else out there feel like there were ripped off on the last game?
after paying £30 for a game and it lasting 5 hours. having being a tomb raider gamer since it started (yes, alright i know i havent got a life). It was so depressing to feel that you only seemed to play a quarter of the game and it was finished. (What a big let down) The format of the game was fantastic, story line was brilliant. Controls were easy. The content of the game was top notch but it didnt last long enough. Perhaps we were we spoilt on the playstation 1 games. I found angel of darkness was very hard to control. Which was quite disappointing, but the story line was good, but the controls were wooden. So imagine my disappointment when they get everything else right in legend but the game didnt last.

Does it mean we get the next game free, because i feel like i paid for a demo not a full game.

How about re formating the playstation 1 games for the ps2. what fun that would be. i know i would buy them all again for the ps2.

Yuna´s Wish
18-09-06, 19:14
For the next TR, I suggest 15 different enemies: 1 of those 15 would be a mercenary (only type, not 3 or 4 types) who may carry different weapons. Then, the others would be animals or supernatural creatures. And add two more levels at least.:)

in these arms
18-09-06, 19:18
Yeah! Bring back more animals!

RAID
18-09-06, 19:41
CD here's a thought, play TR2 or TR3 and see what the gunplay and combat is all about.

Jones_lilo
19-09-06, 02:11
Well...

I think that the Legend was a really great game!
good dialogues... don't need to change so much!

I just want more levels...
more dificulty in the hard mode...
harder puzzles...
more animals...
outdoor mansion
Lara's garage
KEEP THE OUTFIT SELECTION!
MORE ACTION!
NO MORE SHINNY OBJECTS!
less talks with zip and alister
no more tutorials on the screen
and I don't like so much the autograb... but thats not a big problem.
and please! why did the cutscenes between the levels are on the same quality of the game? welll, yes, the game is excelent in graphics, but I want the quality of the cutscenes back... and I think that's all

petujaymz
19-09-06, 12:21
And another thing...

Ditch the autolock feature altogether for weapons combat. As much as I love TR, I can't help feeling I'm cheating a little.

Star Wars Battlefront, Transfomers etc have no such autolock feature - I don't see any need for TR to retain it...

fondantcookie
19-09-06, 12:27
And another thing...

Ditch the autolock feature altogether for weapons combat. As much as I love TR, I can't help feeling I'm cheating a little.

Star Wars Battlefront, Transfomers etc have no such autolock feature - I don't see any need for TR to retain it...

No!

Auto-lock combat has always been a part of Tomb Raider...KEEP IT !!!

But, give the player the option to go manual if they prefer...

petujaymz
20-09-06, 13:59
No!

Auto-lock combat has always been a part of Tomb Raider...KEEP IT !!!

But, give the player the option to go manual if they prefer...

I can live with that...anyway...I'm pretty sure it's just residue from the limitations of older systems like the PS1.

Without auto-lock, upon drawing her weapons, the riticule can then appear centre screen (just like SWB) with the gamer using the anologue sticks to move/aim.

TRL combat (although superior to previous installments) is still a little clunky. As much as I enjoy the ducking and diving during battle, manual aiming will add another dimension.

Elysia
20-09-06, 14:44
TRL combat (although superior to previous installments) is still a little clunky. As much as I enjoy the ducking and diving during battle, manual aiming will add another dimension.
...and means that those of us who feel that combat is secondary to exploration etc (combat is just another obstacle to be overcome, not the be-all-and-end-all of the game) and like Tomb Raider simply because the combat isn't an exersize in full military precision tactics feel even more isolated and estranged from the game they once loved so passionately.

Fine, have an optional manual aim for those who want it (a la TR4), but get rid of the reticule (so fake looking....) and bring back the auto aim.

CD - Please stop trying to shoehorn Tomb Raider in to every single game genre there is going just to gain more fans / please everybody. Try to isolate the things that made TR a unique, captivating experience in the first place and build upon them, rather than worrying what others are going in their games. Make a TOMB RAIDER game, not an action shooter driving platform sims Bond game :)

petujaymz
20-09-06, 15:09
...and means that those of us who feel that combat is secondary to exploration etc (combat is just another obstacle to be overcome, not the be-all-and-end-all of the game) and like Tomb Raider simply because the combat isn't an exersize in full military precision tactics feel even more isolated and estranged from the game they once loved so passionately.

Hmmm, yes but when combat sequences are correctly used...

Wouldn't you say that 'full military precision tactics' are a puzzle element in themselves?

I agree that at its core, TR8 should be a TR game, but there's nothing wrong with 'stealing' elements that work well from other games/genres to improve the overall package.

Elysia
20-09-06, 15:33

Wouldn't you say that 'full military precision tactics' are a puzzle element in themselves?

No, not really. I'm not a combat monster anyway - my favourite levels tend to be ones with minimal enemies (just to rack up that surprise element... ;)) - having to fart arse around with aiming and the like just isn't my bag at all. Puzzles I like - you have to spend time working out how to solve them, putting little pieces together (even with times runs and the like), working out how to do stuff - with combat, I just want to bounce, shoot and get it over with. All the 'military precision' rubbish is what put me off Half Life completely (well, that and I kept falling off ladders..) - I don't want to have to figure out how to knock someone off (unless it's a bacon Lara scenario), fiddling around with analogue sticks (which invariably screw up...), getting more and more frustrated that I can't aim whilst something chops away at my health. Manual aim is okay for FPS's (because I don't play them... :p) but 3rd person, it really isn't a good idea. My least favourite enemies in TR4 were the skeletons (until I could explode them) simply because they required to you to manually shoot their heads off to stop them (if you couldn't blast them off a ledge).

Lara is an archaeologist - not a sniper or sharp shooter. Having her aim for me whilst bouncing about whilst I panic is just a-okay as far as I am concerned! Bsides, auto aim is part of the TR tradition - why rip out yet another feature of the old games and make future TR's feel even less like TR?

fondantcookie
20-09-06, 16:02

I agree that at its core, TR8 should be a TR game, but there's nothing wrong with 'stealing' elements that work well from other games/genres to improve the overall package.

I think I haveto agree with Elysia on this one...

Stealing elements from all other hit games will only make the next TR more generic and as bland as every other action game out there... We already have bullet time and grapple... What next?

CD need to be inventive... Try something new and not just jump on the band-wagon...

Plus combat was only a small part of past TRs (until Crystals clone-armies) ... and it should go back to that... Exploration over action any-day...

Anyways, maybe we should move this conversation to the recent 'combat' thread thats been started....and save this for suggestions as opposed to debates... :yah:

sridharlara
20-09-06, 17:05
Im hard core lara fan

I neeed deep dungeons & dark caves(with bats) back
more deadly death traps
extended levels
more evil kind of beings (one like in revalations)
complete isolated places
lots of complez puzzles
more ponds with lots of crocs inside
much much harder and tuffer

Different kinds and levels of tombs to restore core roots.
Ruined temples,churches,deserts,forests no more buildings(Except like citadel gate)..

Uzis, Desert eagle, shotguns and i rili loved bow&arrow..
Less humans more animals
creatures of different world
Boats,jeep are as usual.

Musics like monks chanting and flute sounds as that of tr4 shud be must with different tones.

I need CD to luk at my chunk of advice :
1)Inside game the scenario and environment shud be accroding to users cpu time/clock.
e.g)If it is 12 am game shud run in dark mode and 12pm game shud have bright mode and so on..at night sky game shud have appropriate starts nd constellations..

2)To make game real hard going places inside game has to be according wats ther in reality.

3)Economy of game will be increased if all tourist parts of the globe is clubbed inside a nutshell.

My head shud be blown away wit out completing levels
Entire game play shud exeed 32 hrs...

Tomb raider is a challenging game were ppal get annoyed easily and they try to solve it with breaking ther head again.(This is most de important issue)
So make it real hard core game.

All in all i like getting landed up in a nearby psychiatric hospital.

Reggie
20-09-06, 17:21
I was almost gonna say welcome to the forums but noticed you've actually made your first post in the two years since you've joined. Some nice points you've raised there too. The night and day dynamics sounds interesting, maybe that PLS could finally be put to good use in some levels that are actually dark or when the game is being played at night? nice idea :)

Another suggestion from me would be to introduce a more immersive and realistic way of recovering Lara's health during the game. How about rather than simply walking over a medipack and then pressing a single button to restore health, how about lara learns a few tricks in survival technique, so that Lara has to interact with her surroundings not only to progress but also to survive?

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/Appb.php

this would without a doubt bring some more immersive gameplay into the next game and a sense of loneliness would be increased if the die or survive card is played - make it difficult for the player to keep her alive, make it more difficult than healing at a touch of the button. Make the player survey their surroundings and take thought out action.Whether or not this system would be accepted, it's worth checking out this site and applying the information there to positively influence the game in the ways listed above.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/

Bring back that survival instinct! :)

TR freak
20-09-06, 17:23
Im hard core lara fan

more deadly death traps
extended levels
complete isolated places
lots of complez puzzles

Ruined temples,churches,deserts,forests no more buildings(Except like citadel gate)..

Less humans more animals
Boats,jeep are as usual.

Musics like monks chanting and flute sounds as that of tr4 shud be must with different tones.

1)Inside game the scenario and environment shud be accroding to users cpu time/clock.
e.g)If it is 12 am game shud run in dark mode and 12pm game shud have bright mode and so on..at night sky game shud have appropriate starts nd constellations..

2)To make game real hard going places inside game has to be according wats ther in reality.

3)Economy of game will be increased if all tourist parts of the globe is clubbed inside a nutshell.

Tomb raider is a challenging game were ppal get annoyed easily and they try to solve it with breaking ther head again.(This is most de important issue)

All in all i like getting landed up in a nearby psychiatric hospital.Welcome to the forums :tmb: I like all your suggestions. Well I'm not sure about the real time coinsiding with the game tho. Good idea but I'm not sure if it would work. Besides different environments in different levels would be both night and day in different levels anyway. Basicly everything you suggested sums up what CD need to do.

Rivendell
20-09-06, 18:32
Im hard core lara fan

more deadly death traps
extended levels
complete isolated places
lots of complez puzzles

Less humans more animals
Boats,jeep are as usual.

All in all i like getting landed up in a nearby psychiatric hospital.

I think I love you! :D hehe, WELCOME to Trf! CD - take notice!

sridharlara
20-09-06, 18:35
Welcome to the forums :tmb: I like all your suggestions. Well I'm not sure about the real time coinsiding with the game tho. Good idea but I'm not sure if it would work. Besides different environments in different levels would be both night and day in different levels anyway. Basicly everything you suggested sums up what CD need to do.

This real time gaming experiance cud change de way we think and give more intreasting views towards users prespectives...But atleast we can have few levels like the way i mentioned...

This small piece of idea can bring up a whole new era in tomb raiding ( like lara gettin totally freaked out /tired wen played more then 6-8 hrs / day).......

thevman
20-09-06, 18:40
That could be kind of funny, all of a sudden lara stops whatever she's doing and takes a nap! Or is too tired to hold on to a ledge and falls... :mis:

sridharlara
20-09-06, 18:45
That could be kind of funny, all of a sudden lara stops whatever she's doing and takes a nap! Or is too tired to hold on to a ledge and falls... :mis:

1st) Its a indirect way of telling users dat u need a nap
2nd) This behaviour can be noticed at some fore coming time stamps unless ther is hardly any medipacks left over...

Lolzzz just an imagination deeep inside my brain

MiCkiZ88
20-09-06, 22:51
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mCkbB2qKwU

heh.. i just watched that and would love to see traps like that in tr8 O_O

fondantcookie
21-09-06, 00:22
Another suggestion !!!!

ADD TRAPS similar to those found in the PSP version of LEGEND !!!

For anyone who doesn't know what i'm talking about, see this thread: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=74938

There is a fantastic video featuring Lara dodging spinning blades, laser beams, crumbling platforms....etc..

It looks FANTASTIC, and its proof that CD can actually make decent traps. (What on earth is their excuse for Legend then ??? )

So... PLEASE ADD COMPLEX DIFFICULT TRAPS* TO TR8 !!!

* For more ideas on TR-'Traps'....see Great Wall and Temple of Xian from TR2 !!! :yah:

EDIT: Looks like MiCkiZ88 got here first with that suggestion ;)

fomatk
21-09-06, 02:46
that video rocks my world! So cool! First time in Legend that lara is not a sex monkey! she is a beam doging, blade jumping platforming Tomb Raider!

sridharlara
21-09-06, 07:00
I think I love you! :D hehe, WELCOME to Trf! CD - take notice!

I think i love u too and nice to catch u guyzz here...

Cheers to all loyal lara lovers.....

PhoenixVibe
21-09-06, 17:04
Another suggestion !!!!

ADD TRAPS similar to those found in the PSP version of LEGEND !!!

For anyone who doesn't know what i'm talking about, see this thread: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=74938

There is a fantastic video featuring Lara dodging spinning blades, laser beams, crumbling platforms....etc..

It looks FANTASTIC, and its proof that CD can actually make decent traps. (What on earth is their excuse for Legend then ??? )

So... PLEASE ADD COMPLEX DIFFICULT TRAPS* TO TR8 !!!

* For more ideas on TR-'Traps'....see Great Wall and Temple of Xian from TR2 !!! :yah:

EDIT: Looks like MiCkiZ88 got here first with that suggestion ;)

Excellent! Thats what a Tomb Raider game is made of!

This is what I want for TR8:

More weapons,
Longer levels,
HARDER levels,
reduce talk time between alister and zip to Lara,
no more HINTS (ie shiny objects, RAD mode,on screen prompts. Like Lara once said "I'm a big girl now, I can handle it")
More odd looking enemies (ie mutants, dinosaurs)
How about bringing back timed objects?
Make the secrets worth getting instead of for outfits. Like maybe getting a extra level for them?
Keep the outfits though, it increases replay value with all the modders and all.

And I can't think of anything else atm...

Bullethail
22-09-06, 10:49
I wouldn't say get rid of the autograb. Maybe turn it on and off in the options. It's not fair to everyone who doesn't want a challenge, but would rather just play the game. The outfits were nice, but I'd like to see more. I dunno about more fatal traps...

da tomb raider!
22-09-06, 13:36
I'd just like a longer, harder game, with the old trap once in a while. Looking back, I'd rather not have any keys to unlock any doors any more, but I wouldn't mind seeing switches again. Also, a few different outfits would be acceptable, but please, no more than 10...

petujaymz
22-09-06, 16:14
I want Tomb Raider to scare me again...

Being on edge, using walk mode in the tombs for fear of triggering a death trap...well...that was until I dabbled with the level editor. Pre TRAOD, seasoned Tomb Raiders could see a trap coming a mile off.

Make TR8 massive, immersive, mind boggling (dastardly so) and frightening.

Thank you.

TR freak
22-09-06, 21:07
I posted this in the general jumps thread and I thought I'd post in in the suggestion thread. This is the post I made reffering to the superjump. Rivendell liked the suggestion.

Its on the second by last level, lost domain. Too bad that was the only time we got to use it. I'd like it if in future games we could use it from earlier on in the game. I dont think it should be available from the beginning and should be unlocked later on it the game. Not too much later tho like it was in AOD. Another good thing would be that once you've unlocked the superjump you should be able to go back to previous levels and get to previosuly inaccesable areas. This would allow for more replay value. This would be good for not only getting all secrets but getting to whole new parts of the levels that make it seem like a different level.

K.J
22-09-06, 21:22
I wouldn't say get rid of the autograb. Maybe turn it on and off in the options. It's not fair to everyone who doesn't want a challenge, but would rather just play the game. The outfits were nice, but I'd like to see more. I dunno about more fatal traps...

Are you saying that you want more outfits and less traps???

If that's the case I'm not sure if Tomb raider is the right game for you.

fomatk
22-09-06, 23:39
you silly goose...

TR freak
23-09-06, 07:10
Are you saying that you want more outfits and less traps???

If that's the case I'm not sure if Tomb raider is the right game for you.
It is if future games are like legend. If they're like legend then tomb raider isn't the right game for us. If CD manage to make a proper TR game then no its not the right game for him.

RAID
23-09-06, 08:39
Another suggestion:

Keep all her weapons even when you replay a level, like in the classics.

HELLOfromRUSSIA)
23-09-06, 10:55
I want hardcore levels and traps, even harder, than in PSP version of LEGEND.

Legends
25-09-06, 23:22
Tomb Raider I, Level 1 Caves
This is a nice level to start the game with. Very simple, but not too easy like the Bolivia level in Tomb Raider Legend.

Tomb Raider I, Level 3 The Lost Valley
This is the PERFECT level, and I love everything about it. Tomb Raider 8 needs to have something like this. I can’t wait to play it in Anniversary Edition.

Tomb Raider II, Level 1 The Great Wall
I think this is the best start level of all the Tomb Raider games, or Jungle in Tomb Raider III. Anyway you don’t just walk through the level like you do in Caves and shoot a couple of wolfs. It is death-traps which make a great start level, and it’s not too hard.

Tomb Raider II, Level 5 Offshore Rig
Tomb Raider II, Level 6 Diving Area
Tomb Raider II, Level 7 40 Fathoms
I love to swim in Tomb Raider. And if Lara is on an offshore rig there are a lot of things that she really can explore. If they make a level like this again or something like it, I hope they make it really large. So you could play all over the rig; like Jump from the top and swim far under water. And then climb back up. Maybe find an air tank so she can explore the bottom of the sea too. But not necessary to find secrets, but just so you can use the things that you find or see around the level(s). They are probably not going to make a level like this again, but I hope they make something like it.

Tomb Raider II, Level 11 Tibetan Foothills
Great Level!

Tomb Raider II, Level 15 Temple of Xian
Tomb Raider II, Level 16 Floating Islands
I remember the first time I played these levels and I remember that I almost got angry because I couldn’t find the right way. But when I play them now, I see how fun it is to play a level with a little challenge.

Tomb Raider III, Level 1 Jungle
Tomb Raider III, Level 2 Temple Ruins
Tomb Raider III, Level 3 The River Ganges
I really like the environment in these levels. There should be jungle levels in TR8. I liked Ghana in TRL but the level was too small.

Tomb Raider III, Level 5 Nevada Desert
This is a level I want to play over and over again.
Tomb Raider III, Level 7 Area 51

Tomb Raider III, Level 10 Madabu Gorge
Perfect!

Tomb Raider III, Level 16 Antarctica
In TRL it’s just one way to go, there is no “choice”. Actually it’s not a choice in the other games either, but you can try to go the way you want to. The possibility is there.
You freeze to death if you stay in the water long enough in this level, but you see that the water lead somewhere and you are not forced to go in just one direction.

Tomb Raider IV, Level 12 Desert Railroad
(I loved so many levels in “The Last Revelation” but they need to make more levels like Desert Railroad.)

Tomb Raider V, Level 11 13th Floor
Tomb Raider V, Level 12 Escape With The Iris
Tomb Raider V, Level 13 Red Alert
I like that she is in a building. I normally don’t like levels like this, but I think these are good.

RoseTyler
26-09-06, 00:29
Can we have bigger levels where we can explore and do what we want instead of being put on one trail and having to follow it?

For example: The motorcycle levels: we can't stop and ride around the area to explore otherwise its time out. I don't like that.

In older TR games you could walk around an entire level in circles, searching for the exit :D thats how it should be - makes it REAL!

Legends
26-09-06, 00:32
Exactly!:) :) :D

fomatk
26-09-06, 21:52
This thread isn't turning out so great.

Legends
26-09-06, 21:55
It Isn't?

Rivendell
26-09-06, 22:45
It's turning brilliant :D ;)

Legends
26-09-06, 22:49
Yeah, I'm with you..:wve:

fondantcookie
26-09-06, 22:53
Yeah, I'm with you..:wve:

Me too :wve:

Joseph
29-09-06, 05:34
you silly goose...Fomatk. This isn't the first time you post such offensive remarks towards another member. Stop that please.

Spelunker
30-09-06, 07:00
1 - Make Zip more useful. I still don't know what his purpose was in TR legend.
2 - More giant Creatures and more wild animals.
3 - Less human baddies. After you've shot them down a few times on every level, it gets incredibly boring.
4. BIGGER MAPS that are open ended. Like here, Lara, you've got this huge place to explore...now go and figure out what to do.
5. Keep the Unlockable Outfits coming. I want at least 50 of these. They're so much fun to unlock.
6. Time trials should come in sequence. If we're going to have bigger level, we won' be able to beat it in under 20 minutes flat so they're going to have to set a little goal at certain points to reach.

petujaymz
30-09-06, 15:30
I'd go with most of that...

Freedom to roam, both on foot and in vehicles with A&Z only interacting with Lara at key moments to progress the plot and advise her of upgrades etc.

With such vast levels, checkpoints would be inappropriate. I suggest Lara has a base camp within each level performing the same functions as the hideout in GTA.

- save game progress
- replenish health
- replenish ammo
- obtain upgrades

Lara is an explorer/archaeologist, so if we're going for realism then a base camp makes sense.

That said, checkpoints should still be used in tombs. It would be incredibily frustrating otherwise...

2kool4u
30-09-06, 15:50

Freedom to roam, both on foot and in vehicles with A&Z only interacting with Lara at key moments to progress the plot and advise her of upgrades etc.

With such vast levels, checkpoints would be inappropriate. I suggest Lara has a base camp within each level performing the same functions as the hideout in GTA.

- save game progress
- replenish health
- replenish ammo
- obtain upgrades

Lara is an explorer/archaeologist, so if we're going for realism then a base camp makes sense.

That said, checkpoints should still be used in tombs. It would be incredibily frustrating otherwise...

ru saying like an rpg?

Zelda master
30-09-06, 16:30
please not aigain the ''i feel stronger'' thing it was fun in the AOD but i dont want to see it again

belter_21
30-09-06, 20:52
Care about TR in the way Bungie look after Halo.

Legends
30-09-06, 22:20
I want more weapons!!:cln: And more combat.

natla'ssibling
01-10-06, 00:20
The game was great. However, I have to say that it was quite straightforward, linear. There wasn't any room for much exploration other than looking for the secrets. But looking for the secrets was not such a task.

Keep up the good work on the presentation of the game. The game looked so real. Expecialy Peru and Ghana. I loved the atmosphere. But I think it could have been better complemented by creating a more ambient soundtrack. I loved the soundtrack featured in the game. It was a change from the previous games and I guess it was a positive in that view. But it just kept playing throughout the game when I should like to have a quiet moment and feel spooked out. :) But still, you should't remove it from the next installment. I really loved the techno but it should only be used during some scenes and not throughout the whole level.

I loved the new character Amanda as she was more than just your average adversary. She not only was a multi-faceted character as Lara but I feel that she delievered as muich character as our hero. The has a backstory that makes her more realistic and you have made a great character so please don't kill her in the next game and introduce another replacement. I would like to get to know Amanda even more and maybe more of her darkside but what I would like to see from Amanda is the juxtaposition of her former self who was kind and happy and the darker more angry person that she has now become. By seeing her story from her perspective or if we are given an even more deep insight to Amanda's character maybe the players would feel sympathy for her and like her. I know there is an Amanda fanbase but most think she is just a whiney little annoying brat with an eqully annoying voice. lol :) I still love her. :p

The supporting characters like Zip and Alistar are great. But don't give us that much help. Lara is independent and shouldn't need anyone watching her back. She can handle it herself as she's a big girl now.

:)

I loved the ending. So much drama. People complain that there was to much drama that it was a little too melodramatic and like Hollywood but it is a fresh start and so don't think that you should take that away. Maybe they are just used to the previous games where lara wasn't presented so much a imperfect or a human being. We got to see a little bit more of her darker side in AOD but it was cut.

:(

Keep up the good work Crystal. We love you. :)

petujaymz
02-10-06, 11:41
ru saying like an rpg?

Er...no.

CD could also look to the structure of a typical Zelda game for inspiration. Primary objectives, with sub objectives (some compulsory, others not) in free to roam environments. I fail to see how this would damage the TR feel. TRL itself did this by being too simplistic and short. A Zelda game structure coupled with my base camp idea (GTA hideout stylie) would work well if we want free to roam environments and realism.

Thank you.

petujaymz
02-10-06, 11:53
please not aigain the ''i feel stronger'' thing it was fun in the AOD but i dont want to see it again

I don't mean TRAOD stylie upgrades. I picture A&Z calling Lara back to base camp for new weapons/vehicles/information etc etc

Thank you.

petujaymz
02-10-06, 13:38

- save game progress
- replenish health
- replenish ammo
- obtain weapons/vehicles/items/information

Sorry to clog up the thread...but anyway...

CD could also look to the structure of a typical Zelda game for inspiration. Primary objectives, with sub objectives (some compulsory, others not) in free to roam environments. I fail to see how this would damage the TR feel. TRL itself did this by being too simplistic and short. A Zelda game structure coupled with my base camp idea (GTA hideout stylie) would work well if we want free to roam environments and realism.

Everyone agrees that a 'freedom to roam' TR8 is the way forward. To accomplish this, CD will have to reject the typical TR game structure. Providing CD get the difficulty/puzzling/music/atmoshphere/environments right, a future TR game in a freedom to roam stylie will retain the TR feel.