PDA

View Full Version : Official Tomb Raider 8 Suggestion Thread For Attention Of Crystal Dynamics

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

nicola1986
03-10-06, 11:20
Also put the tr1 theme tune back on! And the one which comes on when ur being chased by summat, it adds suspense :D but I still liked Legends music too but tr1's was better

nik

nicola1986
03-10-06, 11:23
just take a look back to the first games, they were popular for a reason, if TR changes too much it wont be TR anymore.

Rivendell
03-10-06, 12:47
Very true! ^

Crystal, take note!

Crofty_Tomb
03-10-06, 13:10
I want TR1-3 music back too, and that horror sound when enemies are near. And I want lara to enable traps by pressing a button..

petujaymz
03-10-06, 13:50
Freedom to roam, both on foot and in vehicles with A&Z only interacting with Lara at key moments to progress the plot and advise her of upgrades etc.

With such vast levels, checkpoints would be inappropriate. I suggest Lara has a base camp within each level performing the same functions as the hideout in GTA.

- save game progress
- replenish health
- replenish ammo
- obtain weapons/vehicles/items/information

Lara is an explorer/archaeologist/tomb raider, so if we're going for realism then a base camp makes sense. That said, checkpoints should still be used in tombs. It would be incredibily frustrating otherwise.

Picture this for freedom to roam TR gameplay...

Setting out from base camp Lara discovers the first of many mind boggling tombs and solves it (with no assistance from A&Z). Zip then calls Lara informing her a foe has entered the area, to be on her guard and to return to base camp.

On the return journey Lara encounters mercanaries/wild animals and is forced to take an alternate route down to a bridge being destroyed/weather/river currents.

Upon reaching base camp Zip choppers in a 4x4 for Lara and has a tracking device to be planted on the vehicle of her foe. Lara plants the device then drives off to solve yet another tomb to progress the plot in relation to the artifact.

Zip then calls Lara saying her foe is on the move. Using the tracking device, Lara pursues her foe GTA stylie...

See where I'm going with this? Though Lara shouldn't pinch her vehicles and they should not appear randomly. This would then force the gamer into thinking where and when to utilise the transporation.

:wve:

Blackhall
03-10-06, 23:02
A large list, has a lot of other peoples comments, in which i agree but also a lot of my own:

- Longer Levels, so in total game is of a greater length
- Keep headset but maybe not use so often
- Loose the constant hints throughout the game
- If the levels are longer, then as long as there aren't too many cutscenes then it should be okay
- Keep Keeley's voice as it suites Lara's character largely
- Keep the Lara's Mansion but expand the size and add more rooms. Plus I agree with add a larger outside area with alot more to do
- More vehicles throughout the game such as jeeps, motorbikes, and perhaps a convertable would be different, but one vehicle I would love to see in a TR game is a jet ski like on the movie, I think there should be a level like the ocean sea in Greece on TR: The Cradle Of Life. But I also agree with add a horse in even if just on the Lara's Mansion as it would contriverse from the game
- Make all levels a lot more harder with more dangerous traps etc in tombs
- Add more higher points such as on the roof of the building in Japan, and the waterfall in Ghana, I loved diving of the waterfall
- I also agree add in more wild animals and mythical creatures. Perhaps a labyrinth level would be different
- Keep the outfit rewards as it does make the player want to play again wearing the different outfits, but I also agree with getting side missions that you can unlock, perhaps some in the Lara's Mansion Level? Plus don't make all levels so easy to get through make them large with plenty of options to take whether its a dead end
- The puzzles need to be more challenging and they need more as this has been a main part of the Tomb Raider games
- Making the game scarier would be a lot better as in the previous games it gave a great effect
- Bring back the Stealth Mode from TRAOD, it was different and gave you options of how you like to defeat an enemy
- You need more combat moves, eventhough they were very fun to play with after a while they got very boring after a while, maybe you could unlock new moves as you progress, but I also like the idea of the classic weapons from the Playstation 1 TR games
- I don't mind the boss fights just as long as they are harder with no hints how to defeat then you would have to do all and figure out for yourself
- More swimming action would be more fun like perhaps bring back a wet suit? Maybe like in TRAOD we could have another swimming level
- Don't make the levels so linear, like before we need more options even if it is the wrong way we learn for ourself
- Definately add in another flash back level perhaps someone like her father
- I'd say keep the main majority of levels in tombs and more jungle areas. But also a level like Japan in TRL is different mainly because of the outfit, but perhaps bring back the opera house level from TR2, as it is a different kind of outfit which shows the other side of Lara
- Even tho this may not be so much Lara Croft it would be fun to see perhaps a level containing Snowboarding, that would be fun, and show how she really can do anything
- More modern gadgets, they show a modern version TR exploring old ancient Tombs, it is a good mix
- Add in a level such as in TR2 where you are in Lara's mansion but it is actually a level. Something like in the first Tomb Raider film when the clock gets stolen would be fascinating
- Perhaps another playable character just like Kurtis Trent? But if this happens maybe different style moves?
- We should see more of the 7 Ancient Wonders of the World, she in an archaeologist after all? Why not explore some of the most fascinating places in the world?
- Keep the circle roll flip process, I loved this!
- We need some sort of underwater combat, and a level like the Shark level in TR2 would be good? Maybe mix that with the ocean scene in TR The Cradle Of Life, with the cool little sub thing
- Give the game its own storyline, but in the same way link it to maybe all games in a way, if the game is long enough it shouldn't be to difficult to do

petujaymz
04-10-06, 13:27
A large list, has a lot of other peoples comments, in which i agree but also a lot of my own etc etc

It's implied, but you don't mention 'freedom to roam', now a compulsory term on this thread.

Add more higher points such as on the roof of the building in Japan, and the waterfall in Ghana, I loved diving of the waterfall - a freedom to roam city level would address this, with puzzling to be found in skyscapers, rooftops and sewers with Lara using her 4x4 to get around where necessary.

Add in a level such as in TR2 where you are in Lara's mansion but it is actually a level. Something like in the first Tomb Raider film when the clock gets stolen would be fascinating - it must be done! As you say, it could be the finale, an interval or flashback level.

Perhaps another playable character just like Kurtis Trent? But if this happens maybe different style moves? - Hmmmm, dunno about Kurtis, but why not take the idea of another playable character further? Lara bumps into plenty of allies along the way, so why not include some co-operative puzzle solving Lego Star Wars stylie?

For me, TR8 has to be across four/five massive, GTA scale freedom to roam levels, with the mansion level/training on top...at a difficulty level to match pre-TRAOD games.

Crofty_Tomb
04-10-06, 13:31
I forgot to mention this...

1) I want lara to be able to camp and will be able to chop trees and use the wood for fire.. Also combine things...

2) Maybe she could also make and use a little dagger...? :confused:

petujaymz
04-10-06, 13:44
I forgot to mention this...

1) I want lara to be able to camp and will be able to chop trees and use the wood for fire.. Also combine things...

2) Maybe she could also make and use a little dagger...? :confused:

In other words...bring back puzzle solving items - notably absent from TRL.

Though the gamer should have direct control over them rather than cut scenes being used.

dragoness_crysta
06-10-06, 09:10
Oh...please consider....

1. More secrets to reveal in Lara's mansion. Make it like TR# where we had an assault course as well and training with the bike..well..here we can have the Ducatti....hehe and...keep the outfits as well..make new ones...variety is good.

2. More deathtraps and puzzles to solve...and more complicated..like TR4..those really bugged me but made the game great.

3. Try to make levels with discovering secrets in different areas where you can access only with a bike...

4.Concept artwork is not so necessary...Biographies are good..keep them.

Zelda master
06-10-06, 12:37
no god bring Lara's originale Bio back the new one sticks:mad:

Blackhall
06-10-06, 12:48
What do you mean excactly? I think her new bio suits her better. She shows more of a grown up woman which through out all the games i suppose suits her.

petujaymz
06-10-06, 13:02
I pray CD take on some temp to trawl through this thread and pick out the common themes. After taking some time to read the first few pages, there's little difference with the latest ten. Even so, there are plenty of excellent ideas on this board. Pay particular attention to mine CD! :D

I don't really care about Lara's bio providing TR8 has four/five massive, free to roam, GTA scale levels on a pre-TRAOD difficulty level with a Croft Manor training/interval/flashback level on top. JUST DO IT...please. :D

Linden
06-10-06, 20:38
I have only one wish: loose Crystal Dynamics.

z3r0k00l
08-10-06, 02:31
i agree with most that has been suggested in this thread... and id like to point out that the original song /ost of the earlier TR games is A must....

it felt kinda dissapointing to see how this wasnt part of legends...

and although i know everything changed from the previous TR games. i kinda missed the old lara voice...

Reggie
08-10-06, 13:16
One more thing: Make autograb an option (turn off/turn on autograb)

Linden
08-10-06, 16:55
One more thing: Make autograb an option (turn off/turn on autograb)

Exactly. I mean If someone really needs it, (... i wonder why would someone need it) it would be nice to have, like Harry Potter games have auto jump :p

They could also take some time and learn to code the original controls as an option.

Crystal Dynamics: ask the original Tomb Raider coders how they made it :p

Here's how to do the button combinations:
http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/walks/controls/TR5controls.html

keebz
11-10-06, 02:24
Just to limit the amount of threads i though i'd make this, a suggestion to CD to what to include in the next game:

-CD keep the Legend engine it was fun and brilliant, optimise it a little and it will be perfect.

-The Mansion was great and the inside brought back memories, The outside was a little small but nice, Please please in TR8 expand it to Gardens, a Maze, and more rooms. Also let us see the front of the house.

-Keep Zip and Alistar and the Headset. This was an excellent addition and I love the characters. Let Winston do a bit more though, put him on the headset.

-Make the Tomb alot more dangerouse with fewer mercenries, more high falls and fatal deathtraps.

-Could u Make some refrences to past TR's. The Natla crates were funny and a nice easter egg.

-Make the Levels longer.

-More animals, wild creatures roaming about.

-Most importantly keep up the stnadards of TRL and u wont go wrong.:)
I agree with everything you said.:wve:

Some things I'd like to add:-

>Make the levels harder, but not as hard as TR3 or TR4. Just a bit harder than AOD would be perfect.:tmb:

> Since many people don't like the headset, keep it optional, or keep an option letting us set the frequency of help from it.

>Old-style underwater swimming was better.

>More underwater levels, like Cistern and 40 Fathoms and The Vault of Trophies.

>Fantasy enemies like atlanteans, mummies etc.

>Keep autograb. Or not. I'm okay either way, not really a big deal at all.:D

>Bring back keys and artefacts. But not TOO many like TR1.:)

Thats about all I can think of right now.

george_croft
11-10-06, 10:21
Why should they dump Crystal Dnamics?, Their great..The Core team were trapped in a bubble of .......blaahhh!!! They couldent se what to do with lara. CD has brought so much to the game.
But following should be edited to the sequal.

*Loooooonger!!!
*Much HARDER, please BLINX the time sweeper is more difficult :hea: .
*Scarier, solution= bring SCARY SPICE in to the game, :mad: Just joking
*Not only human enymies, more animals, monster ( something like the water-dragon in the england level, that was great:D , but on land, how about a huge red dragon as a boss)
a littlebit Tr2ish
*A pyramid, then we can kick some mummie :cen: .
* And a thing we have been discussing in a nother thred...a tempel before it became a ruin......TIME TRAVEL, yiippiee......that would be fun....she can use the teleporter her mother got draged in as a timemachine:cln:
*Pleas not another fu@ck#ing love story like in AOD:hug: = :mad: = me

Linden
11-10-06, 11:04
CD has brought so much to the game.

Like what?

george_croft
11-10-06, 13:49
First of all, The fun of playing TR (In aod you spent 2 hours in a ghetto), The graphics in the original TR was revolutionary at the time, and cd has made a game with the most wounderfull graphic out on the market.
And the freedome they have given lara, they made her a real person. Not just a Lucazade (or wtf its called) spokesperson. They have removed the line betwen Lara and TR. They are :D one now!

petujaymz
11-10-06, 14:23
Like what?

All agree that CD have dumbed down TR for mass appeal. I'd say the magnetic grapple, semi manual aiming were good additions, but that's about it...

Rivendell
11-10-06, 14:27
Exactly. I mean If someone really needs it, (... i wonder why would someone need it) it would be nice to have, like Harry Potter games have auto jump :p

ARGH! *Collapses* Now that would be incredibly terrible, making everything more and more automatic, slowly introducing more cinematics until the gameplay eventually dies completely and all we're left with are TR films! :eek:

george_croft
11-10-06, 14:33
Rivendell is right!! how could somebody wish for a autojump.... i think there should be a option for those ho want autograb, and hardcore Tr fans should be able to press grab in midd-air. Its as simpel as that!!:ton:.....but pleez NO F:cen: ING AUTO JUMP, dont even dare to think about it!!!!!

HomerDOHDOH
13-10-06, 18:20
I think it would be good if you rode or ran through woods with wild animals and stuff at the end and the start of levels (e.g. fly a plane from england to germany or something, ride a moterbike though the amazon rainforest and run through mountainous areas)

TRBeth
14-10-06, 02:36
I don't really mind the auto-grab at all, but leave off the yellow sign. If Lara struggles to grab for a moment, I think we can see that and then press the auto-grab. Simple.

TRBeth
14-10-06, 02:41
I feel that we were cheated in Legend's last "level". It was not even really a level at all, but, rather, a brief postscript. The game was already short, but to call Redux a "level" was ridiculous.

Real levels, CD. Not mini trailers.

TRDigger
14-10-06, 10:55
Give us more choice:

For mass marketing make Easy for new comers, Intermediate for gamers on the run, Hard + Extreme for the TR hardcorer.

Extreme, allow gamers to solve puzzles, find keys & use levers, compete against inteligent enemies/creatures etc., no auto grabs, .

Non linear levels, allow us to explore large environments if we wish to and find little surprises or special secrets on the way, but not neccessary if we want to complete levels quickly.

Access to a bonus level/s, maybe her mansions large garden/s , if we find all the secrets at the end of the game. Less of the special extra's to allow this.

Legend of Lara
15-10-06, 18:55
Here's an option CD is likely to put into TR8...

AutoPlay! Have the PC/PS3/360/Wii/whatever play the game FOR YOU! :eek:

RoseTyler
15-10-06, 23:48
I just said this in a different thread but thought I'd put it here too.

If Lara must speak (and be spoken to) through her headset, can we please have it happening only during cut-scenes.

Shark_Blade
17-10-06, 11:58
First auto-grab now auto-jump????:eek: :eek: You gotta be kidding me!! ^I like your idea Rose. Let the chatter-box lads speak only if it's really really really necessary.

Shark_Blade
17-10-06, 12:04
*Scarier, solution= bring SCARY SPICE in to the game, :mad: Just joking
LMAO :vlol:
I don't think bringing her is going to increase the fear factor in the game:vlol:

JoeyEdinburgh
17-10-06, 23:28
I had a strange dream the other night, was so surreal and woke up wishing I was working on the new Tomb Raider game lol..
In my fdream there was a level (not unlike the bike sequences in TRL) maybe just a bit less linear and set underwater where lara is in control of an underwater bike (like in TR:tcol). It would be amazing to get off a boat and into the submersible and travel towards an underwater caver... maybe Atlantis although this may conflict with TR1.

I definately want to see more underwater sections (they kinda freak me out) and the underwater enemies scare the crap outta me.... its like u have less control in getting away etc especially if they r faster than you. I also hope there are more natural hazards and animal foes. I don't think Lara was ever meant to be a gun toting maniac... she only killed or kills to survive. Therefore she would avoid human casualty as much as possible???!

I am an animal lover but it only makes sense for there to be animal foes ie bears, wolves, perhaps giant snnnakes.... never quite got why crows would attack her though? I would love to see the return of sharks and crocodiles.

What other enemies do you guys n gals think would be good in the next installment?

As for locations I definately agree its better to be more tomb oriented... I mean have the freedom of a vast landscape. I loved how in TR1 you were always trapped inside the tombs or exploring them yet they were magnificent.... but I would also like some areas ie maybe driving the boat to the location in the ocean and then using the submersible.... these would feel very open and you shoudl feel u have the freedom to go wherever u want but ultimately the goal is where u gotta go. Anyway This is getting a bit long... what u all think?!

john_york
18-10-06, 15:12
for me, the levels in legend seemed a little too clinical, a little sterile. I want to feel like the game is taking place in a real world, not a computer game level. More birds/insects flying around, other little creatures (not necessarily enemy creatures)- fish in the pools, lizards/snakes crawling around the jungles. More plants! I want vines! Make the soundtrack actually sound like you're in the jungle. I've been in the rainforest and the noise of cicadas/ crickets is almost deafening. Gimme some of that!

I know the next-gen features on the pc version of the game went some way to doing this (with extra vegetation, cobwebs on the tombs etc), but I think more is needed to give the environment that extra 'wow!' factor.

Keep the headset, it's great, but just have a larger number of recorded phrases. I get annoyed with the repetition of Zip/ Alistair, not the fact that they're talking all the time.

Give the option to turn on/off hints and flashing interaction points. Keep both camps happy!

Scrap the idea of constant background music. Use music in a more cinematic way, to indicate that something is about to happen, to create tension. The constant music in the background, for me, removed a lot of the atmosphere that the old TR games had.

More types of enemy! Got sooooo bored of killing the same grey-jacket-wearing dudes by the end of Peru, let alone the end of the game!

More outfits.

More vehicles.

WAAAAAY more mansion- much better than the original games (it just felt more like Lara would live there, dunno why), but just needs to be a lot more. Outside, maze, quad bikes, LOVE the idea of horse riding (which could also be incorporated into a level?)

One last thing: WELL DONE CD! You managed to save Lara! Something I'm particularly relieved about. Thought it was curtains for the old girl after Core completely massacred AOD (great story, terrible execution, simply awful). Thanks for bringing the TR franchise back to where it belongs.

Jabe
19-10-06, 05:23
I am an animal lover but it only makes sense for there to be animal foes ie bears, wolves, perhaps giant snnnakes.... never quite got why crows would attack her though? I would love to see the return of sharks and crocodiles.

What other enemies do you guys n gals think would be good in the next installment?

I would like to see Lara fend off a heard of giant skunks :D , how about porcupines.

Samsdad
19-10-06, 20:40
I would like to see Lara fend off a heard of giant skunks :D ,
That Idea stinks!

Linden
20-10-06, 11:44
ARGH! *Collapses* Now that would be incredibly terrible, making everything more and more automatic, slowly introducing more cinematics until the gameplay eventually dies completely and all we're left with are TR films! :eek:

I was kidding of course.
But yes, auto grab, auto jump ... what's the difference?
Just make it auto shoot too.

... oh and auto swim could be great because the swimming was HORRIBLE to control in Legend.

Rivendell is right!! how could somebody wish for a autojump.... i think there should be a option for those ho want autograb, and hardcore Tr fans should be able to press grab in midd-air. Its as simpel as that!!:ton:.....but pleez NO F:cen: ING AUTO JUMP, dont even dare to think about it!!!!!

I was kiii-diiiing :hea:

I will say this again: auto grab auto jump, WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE???

and hardcore Tr fans should be able to press grab in midd-air

Exactly but Crystal Dynamics made it their way, like they did with so many things :mad:

Here's an option CD is likely to put into TR8...

AutoPlay!

:tmb:

I know: Crystal Dynamics; just play it for us over the internet, and we can watch and review it later: TR8 was the best TR ever. The controls were AMAZING and SMOOTH :ton:

Ada the Mental
20-10-06, 16:23
Keep the headset, it's great, but just have a larger number of recorded phrases. I get annoyed with the repetition of Zip/ Alistair, not the fact that they're talking all the time.
That's true. I always heard Alistair going about being terified by Lara when I did flips...

More bosses(and without that stupid do-something-4-times thing!What is it with legend and four?:confused: )And the bosses should have something to do with the storyline not just serve as an easy solution like Rutland and Takamoto!

More difficult!

Puzzles!complicated ones!I want to be stuck in one room for ages till I figure out what I'm supposed to do!

More vehicles

Bigger levels,more tombs with great complicated chambers,not stupid corridors!Less linear.

More vehicles but not as in the boring bike sections in Legend!(And no "Whoo-hoos",Zip!)

More animals,less brainless mercs!

No Ckeckpoints!Bring back the saving system!

Shiny surfaces!Begone!:hea: Along with the highlighted movable objects that immediately get your attention!

No more tutorial windows at the top of the screen!Or at least limit them in the start of the first level!

Better targeting.

More weapons!

Backpack and Inventory

Less hints by Alistair and Zip but let them be there the're funny!I really liked them,especially when they were mocking each other.Optional,however!

Improved QTE's,where you have more control,have to figure out the right buttons yourself and are far more difficult

More interesting villains.Amanda was soooo boring! The only thing I credit her for is that she didn't have the cliched want-to-take over/destroy-the-world-mania.

Deeper storyline.

Croft Manor with more rooms,ability to get outside,a stalking Winston and a freezer!:mis:

That's all, I can think of right now...

dstone
20-10-06, 22:09
A difficulty level selection at the start of the game would be good.
Maybe 5 different difficulty levels from easiest level "Tourist" to most difficult level "Mayhem".
Also the option to configure the keyboard/control keys, so you can enable or disable features like walk, autograb, autoaim,etc., also be able to choose WASD keys to be like TR1 or TRL, I actually prefer the TR1 setting.

Ada the Mental
20-10-06, 23:32
I just remembered:CHANGE THE SWIMMING CONTROLS!
And ditch the Time Trials!

fomatk
22-10-06, 03:35
nah, time trials are fine.

danitiwa
22-10-06, 08:44
I really loved the story of TR6 and I really want to know what happens to Kurtis. You don't necessarily have to play as him again, but at least he can help lara at some point. Maybe Informationally? Or get something for her? I mean he owes her, after all she did kill that Edkheart or wtf his name was. :)

Oh I think they should make the mansion more interesting. Plus let it have for than one secret places and stuff. LOVE the pool and the gym, but could they bring us outside a bit? mabe shoot squirrels or something. Oh yes, and I think winston should do a little more. He has like 1 sentence in TR7. Maybe she can practice shooting on him like in the 3rd TR? lol :jmp: (that was kinda mean tho) However, most of all I WANNA SEE KURTIS BACK IN THE GAME! Maybe just calling her on the phone? A letter? A date? Some help? ANYTHING JUST BRING KURTIS BACK!!!!

danitiwa
22-10-06, 08:50
:tmb: Oh ya and I think they should keep Zip and alister, they bring A LOT of humor into the game.

TR7 Was great since lara has a lot more emotion to herself there. I liked it when she acted dominant, or funny. Or even in the himalayas, when she missed her momma. That was a very nice edition to the game. OH YES AND MAKE IT LONGER!!! Maybe just a few more mythical creatures. JUST NOT THE MUMMIES! THEY CREEP ME OUT SO BAD! UUgh, they kept me from playing TR4. maybe Giant bugs like Boaz and stuff like dragons. Or maybe a flying horse lol. Catch my drift? :gki:

danitiwa
22-10-06, 08:52
NO MORE CREEPY AFRICAN Tomb music. Thats why I h8ted the India levels in TR3!

Terminatorvs
22-10-06, 12:59
Here are my stories for "TR8" and "TRAoD2".
"TR8":
Lara is on a search for yet another gliph stone to Avalon. She finds it. She goes in. She's in Avalon. This is what I think of, when imagining the place: it's a technologically advanced place, but it looks ancient. Avalon is the only megapolis in the parallel realm. The city itself consists of giant golden pyramids with flashy lights and etc. The guards are dressed much like in "Stargate" movie. They have electric or plasma rods. They're very religious and believe, that the god, that resides deep beneeth the ground gives them their strength. There's also a resisting force. They resemble the soldiers from fiction books and movies - something Unrealish, maybe. They refuse to do the "god's" bidding and believe, that it's only an artificial intelligence. And so, Lara arrives to Avalon, as this is the only place, where teleporters can be found. She doesn't know the native tongue, but she has the sword. She raises suspicion, then she's grabbed and is about to be executed as the one, who stole the sword from the god. But suddenly an alarm sounds - Lara somehow escapes, she battles her way through and stumbles right into the resistance forces. She's put into a vehicle. The leader of the resistance is in it - it's an elderly woman. Lara recognizes her mother. (Corny? YES!) And Amelia explains to Lara, what exactly is going on in this world...
At first, I thought, that "AoD2" should take place after "Legend", but hten new ideas started popping into my head. Here they are.
"TRAoD2":
The story takes place before "Legend". Lara doesn't find Kurtis, and she actually spits on the idea of doing so. She also doesn't go about on what hapenned in Egypt or how she survived. Actually, it's because she doesn't remember. Eventually, Lara decides to find out, what happened and why she came back without a scratch (Let's consider, there wasn't any African shamans or anyone else, because it wasn't in the game). And so, she goes to a hipnotizer. Lara's is put in a state of transe - she starts remembering, what happened after the tomb collapsed around her. She hears her heartbeat, it gets slower, slower, then it stops. Lara died. Strange as it may seem, but it's so. Suddenly she hears a voice: "Wake up". Lara opens her eyes - she's under a pile of bricks. She starts getting herself out. Lara crawls out - she can't stand - one of her legs is broken, she's covered in blood. "Your backpack," - says the voice again - "there are medpacks in it". Lara opens up the backpack, extracts a medpack, applies some bandages to stop bleeding. She doesn't feel anything. Moreover, she sees things differently - it's not a normal eye sight. "Come to me now" - the voice says. Lara drops the backpack. You control Lara. She has to walk along the wall back to where she met Seth - it's his voice you hear. When she'd finally inside, Seth reaches towards her. Lara is caught in a ray of light - her blood disappears, she's healed and returned to life. The only difference is that her eyes are dead - she is not controlling her own self. "You now belong to me, human. And when time comes, you'll do my bidding." - Says Lara to herself. Here we get a training level, which leads to another exit from the tomb. After completing it Lara walks away. "Remember, you are mine."
It's only then Lara understands how she survives, but psychiatrists don't know how to banish Seth from the soul. So, only one hope remains - find Kurtis. (All right, I hate this guy, but I couldn't find a better solution). Perhaps he and his paranormal abilities can help.
I know. They're crappy.

Anubis_AF
22-10-06, 13:03
NO MORE CREEPY AFRICAN Tomb music. Thats why I h8ted the India levels in TR3!

:D I admit I hated few of the levels in all previous TR games because of the spooky music. But after replaying the games over and over I kind of enjoyed the music.

krycekuva
22-10-06, 13:33
i love the spooky music,.. and that about belonging to seth is not a bed idea,.. i just dont like aod before legends,.. she looks so happy in legends that i can only think of it as a before game from all the previous games,.. something like the pre game,. and after she finish the trilogy of tomb raider, then finally, she can start once again in tomb raider 1, 2,3,4,5, and aod,... hopefully all of them remakes of the previous games,....

krycekuva
22-10-06, 13:33
i mean bad idea,.. sorry,..

PARANOIA
22-10-06, 14:39
Eidos Interactive, hear me out. I am a hardcore TR player.

I do not want to see a remake of TR1.

And I do not want to see Kurtis back.

What I want to see is IMPROVEMENTS over the Tomb Raider Legend engine. Ok, let's get this straight, you know there's something wrong with it. Actually, there's a LOT wrong with it. Isn't there something strange about a program that takes up 7 GB of space, and only promises about 5 hours of enjoyment? First, extend the levels. Everywhere you hear complaints about the game being too short and too easy, too many hints, too linear, etc.. Let's remedy this: make the game LONGER, perhaps even three times as long. Make it harder (and I don't mean harder as in harder arcade sequences, I mean harder as in harder puzzles, areas requiring lateral solutions), and less linear. Make the player get lost. Don't throw in needless invisible walls (such as the "salt lake" in England that you couldn't dive under for some reason). Play the previous TRs and you know what I mean. In fact, NO one should be working on the project unless they had previously played the game. Would you write a sequel to Star Wars without watching the movies?

Next, the graphics are okay, granted, but they're certainly not paramount. As gamers we should be receiving more for our money ($59.95 is a whopping amount to pay for 10 levels and decent graphics, isn't it?) Take a look at Half-Life 2 and their graphic methods. Their work has been off-the-wall in terms of graphics and dynamic lightning. Appropriately the game received 95%, even 100% ratings. Imitation is the best form of flattery - do something about it.

Third, as a previous fan of the Tomb Raider series I have enjoyed watching Lara fall to her death (yes, that's the kind of person I am). In this game, watching the screen fade out to black seems like a graphical limitation, highly unrealistic, and watching a G-rated movie. It was obvious you were trying to hide from the gaming lawyers while at the same time appealing to new TR fans. Being able to wear a swimsuit, but at the same time, only being able to do so in the practically empty Croft Manor. As a subnote, Croft Manor should be larger and more interactive. Look at the previous TR games. They took advantage of the T rating. If you can't do so, bump it down to E, for Heaven's sakes, or raise it to an M and practically remove all ESRB limitations like HL2 did. They'll still play it (trust me).

I'm having trouble trying to type this because the smileys in the right-hand side of the screen are distracting me.

Fourth, and this is a small point, if you're going to "cliffhang" the story, have at least 20 levels to back it up with.

Fifth, Lara. Wow, nice polygon model. Very realistic, too. But we forewent some of Lara's previous abilities. This is clearly a point that I myself seem to be the only one backing up. Lara cannot sprint anymore. She can only hold her breath for thiry seconds. Cold water kills her almost instantly. Instead of flares she uses some fancy personal lighting source, object-defining binoculars, a PDA, and laser grenades. This is no longer Tomb Raider, this is Modern Raider. I don't like it at all (she only raids one tomb in the game anyway). Fix it!

I would like to reiterate that I do NOT want to see a remake or Kurtis yet again. You've pretty much hammered yourself down onto the course of a story - a journey to Avalon - so follow it.

tomb_braider
22-10-06, 15:17
Okay, some things to your suggestions:

The reason there was limited killing was because a lot of people were getting mad at eidos for being cruel to animals and looking like a bloodthirsty killer soo Crystal Dynamics wanted their first game to come out without any lawsuits.

The reason levels were shorter was because once again, Eidos pushed Crystal Dynamics to finish the game quick just like they did Core Design. The reason AOD wasn't as good as it could have been is because Eidos pushed them to the max where they left it half finished and quit. There are leaked videos of and interview of this on youtube.

As for the wait for the new one, Crystal Dynamics told Eidos to back off or find someone else. So they got a year or two to make the next one. The anniversary edition of TR1 is coming in Jan. 2007. Looks really good. So that is some FYI
I found this on Wikipedia.org

tomb_braider
22-10-06, 15:20

What I want to see is IMPROVEMENTS over the Tomb Raider Legend engine. Ok, let's get this straight, you know there's something wrong with it. Actually, there's a LOT wrong with it. Isn't there something strange about a program that takes up 7 GB of space, and only promises about 5 hours of enjoyment? First, extend the levels. Everywhere you hear complaints about the game being too short and too easy, too many hints, too linear, etc.. Let's remedy this: make the game LONGER, perhaps even three times as long. Make it harder (and I don't mean harder as in harder arcade sequences, I mean harder as in harder puzzles, areas requiring lateral solutions), and less linear. Make the player get lost. Don't throw in needless invisible walls (such as the "salt lake" in England that you couldn't dive under for some reason). Play the previous TRs and you know what I mean. In fact, NO one should be working on the project unless they had previously played the game. Would you write a sequel to Star Wars without watching the movies?

Next, the graphics are okay, granted, but they're certainly not paramount. As gamers we should be receiving more for our money ($59.95 is a whopping amount to pay for 10 levels and decent graphics, isn't it?) Take a look at Half-Life 2 and their graphic methods. Their work has been off-the-wall in terms of graphics and dynamic lightning. Appropriately the game received 95%, even 100% ratings. Imitation is the best form of flattery - do something about it.

Third, as a previous fan of the Tomb Raider series I have enjoyed watching Lara fall to her death (yes, that's the kind of person I am). In this game, watching the screen fade out to black seems like a graphical limitation, highly unrealistic, and watching a G-rated movie. It was obvious you were trying to hide from the gaming lawyers while at the same time appealing to new TR fans. Being able to wear a swimsuit, but at the same time, only being able to do so in the practically empty Croft Manor. As a subnote, Croft Manor should be larger and more interactive. Look at the previous TR games. They took advantage of the T rating. If you can't do so, bump it down to E, for Heaven's sakes, or raise it to an M and practically remove all ESRB limitations like HL2 did. They'll still play it (trust me).

I'm having trouble trying to type this because the smileys in the right-hand side of the screen are distracting me.

Fourth, and this is a small point, if you're going to "cliffhang" the story, have at least 20 levels to back it up with.

Fifth, Lara. Wow, nice polygon model. Very realistic, too. But we forewent some of Lara's previous abilities. This is clearly a point that I myself seem to be the only one backing up. Lara cannot sprint anymore. She can only hold her breath for thiry seconds. Cold water kills her almost instantly. Instead of flares she uses some fancy personal lighting source, object-defining binoculars, a PDA, and laser grenades. This is no longer Tomb Raider, this is Modern Raider. I don't like it at all (she only raids one tomb in the game anyway). Fix it!

I would like to reiterate that I do NOT want to see a remake or Kurtis yet again. You've pretty much hammered yourself down onto the course of a story - a journey to Avalon - so follow it.

You have a really nice point, and I hope those people read it. And PS Im glad Core Design is gone because I had better graphics with Rugrats in 1998 than the first Tomb Raiders. I mean in AOD the graphics still needed ALOT OF WORK!

Crofty_Tomb
22-10-06, 15:26
Wow! Excellent news Tomb Braider! Welcome to the forum! :hug:

Rivendell
22-10-06, 15:30
Welcome both of you :wve:

Paranoia - whether you like it or not, we're getting an 'anniversary edition' - that's not stopping the development of Tomb Raider 8.

Tomb Raider Jay
22-10-06, 19:55
I'd like more swimming please, there was almost no swimming in TRL at all - this really needs to be fixed because swimming is one of TR's best features. Make the areas where Lara is going to swim much bigger, I don't want tiny corridors and passageways I want huge rooms with deep pools to EXPLORE!!
I'd loose the timed puzzles underwater because quite often they are more likely to annoy players rather than excite or enthuse them. Puzzles that involve the actual flow of water and hidden mechanisms would be far more interesting to solve. Also the controls for Lara's classic breast stroke aren't the best either so maybe re-do them too, okay :)

PARANOIA
22-10-06, 20:33
Paranoia - whether you like it or not, we're getting an 'anniversary edition' - that's not stopping the development of Tomb Raider 8.

Hmm, CD is managing 2 Tomb Raider projects at once now? If they can somehow release both of them with an increased level of sophistication for both I would definitely hallmark them as an efficient company.

I'd like more swimming please, there was almost no swimming in TRL at all - this really needs to be fixed because swimming is one of TR's best features. Make the areas where Lara is going to swim much bigger, I don't want tiny corridors and passageways I want huge rooms with deep pools to EXPLORE!!
I'd loose the timed puzzles underwater because quite often they are more likely to annoy players rather than excite or enthuse them. Puzzles that involve the actual flow of water and hidden mechanisms would be far more interesting to solve. Also the controls for Lara's classic breast stroke aren't the best either so maybe re-do them too, okay

http://sam.thelawsons.com/e107_files/public/rogerthat.png

Ada the Mental
22-10-06, 23:56
I think it'd be a nice twist-if we have to put up again with the missing-mummy issue-to have Lara go to Avalon and find out that her dear mother has become an evil,arrogant and injust ruler.In other words the new "villain".

BlackGrey
23-10-06, 14:53
They should give Lara a knife, which could be used like the crowbar was in the old days of tomb raiding.

Jack Croft
23-10-06, 15:05

Wow! Amazing exactly how i feel and how others feel all the reason why this threads exists Good Post! :D

Jack Croft
23-10-06, 15:06
One thing i disagree about id the PLS i think it is better than flares and yes times evolve so must games i.e Tomb Raider! :cln:

I Love the Legend so please dont change TR!

thevman
23-10-06, 16:24
I'd loose the timed puzzles underwater because quite often they are more likely to annoy players rather than excite or enthuse them. Puzzles that involve the actual flow of water and hidden mechanisms would be far more interesting to solve. Also the controls for Lara's classic breast stroke aren't the best either so maybe re-do them too, okay :)

Agree 100% :tmb: Although I liked lara's breaststroke vs. just treading water approach to move on the surface of the water. OK, maybe 99.9% :ton:

Terminatorvs
24-10-06, 06:21
They should give Lara a knife, which could be used like the crowbar was in the old days of tomb raiding.
I don't think Lara needs a knife. The knife is a melee weapon - do you really want Lara to stab anyone - she's not that kind of character (if you don't take "AoD" in account, and CDs don't want her to be like that). If it's a crowbar you want, then it's a crowbar you should get. Even though I doubt there'll be places in the future game, where Lara'll have to use a crowbar.

Genocide
24-10-06, 16:54
she could always use throwing knifes

BlackGrey
24-10-06, 18:30
I don't think Lara needs a knife. The knife is a melee weapon - do you really want Lara to stab anyone - she's not that kind of character (if you don't take "AoD" in account, and CDs don't want her to be like that). If it's a crowbar you want, then it's a crowbar you should get. Even though I doubt there'll be places in the future game, where Lara'll have to use a crowbar.

Not as a weapon but as a tool.

Rivendell
24-10-06, 18:32
Didn't she use a knife in Chronicles? In the sub - whenever that was in her timeline :whi:

Knives wouldn't bother me - so long as we still had use of a gun of some kind :tmb:

Reggie
24-10-06, 18:33
Not as a weapon but as a tool.

I've always advocated that. A knife can diversify gameplay in many ways :)

Rivendell
24-10-06, 18:34
I think it'd be a nice twist-if we have to put up again with the missing-mummy issue-to have Lara go to Avalon and find out that her dear mother has become an evil,arrogant and injust ruler.In other words the new "villain".

:hug: I'd love that too. Come on CD - give us a good villain would you? Amanda wasn't suffice by a long shot. Either develop her into a megalomanical villain hell bent on ruling Avalon (Morgana style), or make Lara's mother the villainess who's become evil and tyranical ..somehow.

Terminatorvs
24-10-06, 18:36
Didn't she use a knife in Chronicles? In the sub - whenever that was in her timeline :whi:

I don't remember her having a knife at all in "Chronicles". Because she didn't have it.

Rivendell
24-10-06, 18:38
Continue through the duct (the slats are on Lara's right) to a ladder leading down. Climb down and crawl on to another trapdoor. Open the trapdoor and drop down into the KITCHEN.

Watch out for the stove burners. If Lara stands on them, she'll catch fire. And be sure to move quietly. If the cook notices Lara he'll attack with his knife. Hop down behind the stove and walk quietly around behind the cook. Stay close to the stove so Lara is out of the cook's line of sight. (Follow the path marked in this screenshot.) When Lara is right behind the cook, but not touching him, press Action twice to use the CROWBAR as a weapon.

My mistake, I mixed up ^ :wve:

Reggie
24-10-06, 18:39
She used it to kill the Chef on the sub, unfortunately it was only used in an FMV so its never actually a weapon or tool the player can use.

edit: just noticed Rivendells quote, it was a crowbar she used. I have to admit, I haven't played through TR:C in years :o

Ada the Mental
24-10-06, 19:20
:hug: I'd love that too. Come on CD - give us a good villain would you? Amanda wasn't suffice by a long shot. Either develop her into a megalomanical villain hell bent on ruling Avalon (Morgana style), or make Lara's mother the villainess who's become evil and tyranical ..somehow.
Imagine the emotional shock the emotional Legend lara would go through*daydreaming LLara's and her Evil Mother's reunion*

thevman
24-10-06, 19:43
Then she could blame amanda for making her mother evil, as well as sending her to avalon. :jmp:

*starts practicing shooting amanda* http://www.storagebin.us/smilies/smilies/evil1.gif

Night Crawler
25-10-06, 19:38
I want them to make it harder, more complicated, with more traps, less tips.

PARANOIA
25-10-06, 20:00
Then she could blame amanda for making her mother evil, as well as sending her to avalon. :jmp:

*starts practicing shooting amanda* http://www.storagebin.us/smilies/smilies/evil1.gif

Better yet, PLAY as Amanda (use the Amanda costume), and then drown her, let her get eaten by a tiger, throw her off a cliff, etc..:D

Kangaroo poo
27-10-06, 05:57
it would be fun if lara died you would play as amanda if she dies play as zip,alister in the manor and if they die its game over:)

Reggie
27-10-06, 12:16
After replaying TR:Legend again I realised that the hollywood style isn't what is bringing down the storyline. Its the fact that the story isn't dark enough. Its way too child friendly and there's nothing there that gives the story an edge to it. Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness was very dark with its story compared to the classics but even the classics had an edge to them.

Also, I noticed what the problem is with the music that made me uneasy about it. Its the clash of music that keeps on happening. Why is there Enya-esque vocals being played over techno, synthesised music at many inappropriate moments?

Just a few things I noticed ;)

petujaymz
27-10-06, 12:42
To those who fear TR changing beyond recognition from the typical 14 levels to freedom to roam, consider this...

Before the release of Resident Evil 4, I bet there was a forum somewhere with hardcore RE fans crying over the prospect of RE4 being 'third person' rather than 'fixed camera'.

"Cinematically RE won't be the same again" :(

"Half the fun was not being able to see what's round the corner" :(

"etc etc etc" :(

As TR8 is more than likely a sequel to TRL, I can't see much change in prospect. However, for the franchise to continue its success CD/Edios must take TR in a new direction.

Four or five, massive, mind boggling, GTA scale, freedom to roam levels...please.

Rivendell
27-10-06, 12:47
Better yet, PLAY as Amanda (use the Amanda costume), and then drown her, let her get eaten by a tiger, throw her off a cliff, etc..:D

With No Blackouts ! Please, please get rid of the blackouts. Have the camera follow Lara to her demise!

petujaymz
27-10-06, 12:51
With No Blackouts ! Please, please get rid of the blackouts. Have the camera follow Lara to her demise!

Not forgetting the spine snapping sound effects...:mis:

Ada the Mental
27-10-06, 13:37
YES!YES!YES! I wanna have fun killing Lara in funny ways and being able to see it as I always did! I want to climb to the highest spot,swan dive and see Lara smash her head on the ground,not see her fade to black a few meters after the jump!

it would be fun if lara died you would play as amanda if she dies play as zip,alister in the manor and if they die its game over
:vlol: I'd love to play as Alister.He would carry around a sack of heavy books to throw around at mercs and jaguars.

Rivendell
27-10-06, 16:53
YES!YES!YES! I wanna have fun killing Lara in funny ways and being able to see it as I always did! I want to climb to highest spot,swan dive and see Lara smash her head on the ground,not see her fade to black a few meters after the jump!

.. I think I love you :hug:

Tokyo was a big :cen: in that respect- because even as you climbed up the side of the final building, if you dived off the top then it would black out- even though the area below Is built! It sort of cuts it off so you *have* to progress, you can't jump back down there, even though I was down there just a minute ago.

Ada the Mental
27-10-06, 18:02
.. I think I love you :hug:
Really?:o :hug:

So annoying.Tokyo looked wonderful,an ideal place for Ms Croft to commit suicide...And Nepal,too...*sighs*
Has anyone noticed that Keely Hawes' voice sounds weird when she screams?When she talks it's OK but when she dies...I think I prefer Jonelle Elliot.

PARANOIA
28-10-06, 20:42
It's time from another rant by someone who knows, lives, and breathes Tomb Raider. Recently everybody has been getting all hyped up about the upcoming remake. This includes, but is not limited to, 100 smileys in a single post, the consistent use of the word "OMG THAT SCREENSHOT IS SO AWESOME" and other symptoms. I do not suffer from this, because by looking at your one screenshot, I can see that you have a LONG way to go before you try to impress the "hardcore" fans. As much as you consider Legend to be the intuitive path, I do not want to see the use of a grappling hook. The graphics are also sub-par by today's standards, and GameSpot/IGN will pick apart that carcass until it dies. Plus, the model does not look at all more advanced than the Legend model. I sincerely hope that this screenshot merely represents 10% of your current effort.

I also notice that you're developing this game as well as TR8, essentially a dual project. Why not just pick one project and stick with it? Don't listen to the mantras of the uncultured palates who will basically go "OMG SO GOOD" at every 3D image. LISTEN to criticism, not the pages and pages of people who support every game that you happen to release and back up their opinion with miles of smileys.

Put your 100% into the game, not 10%.

Ada the Mental
28-10-06, 21:39
It's time from another rant by someone who knows, lives, and breathes Tomb Raider. Recently everybody has been getting all hyped up about the upcoming remake. This includes, but is not limited to, 100 smileys in a single post, the consistent use of the word "OMG THAT SCREENSHOT IS SO AWESOME" and other symptoms. I do not suffer from this, because by looking at your one screenshot, I can see that you have a LONG way to go before you try to impress the "hardcore" fans. As much as you consider Legend to be the intuitive path, I do not want to see the use of a grappling hook. The graphics are also sub-par by today's standards, and GameSpot/IGN will pick apart that carcass until it dies. Plus, the model does not look at all more advanced than the Legend model. I sincerely hope that this screenshot merely represents 10% of your current effort.I also notice that you're developing this game as well as TR8, essentially a dual project. Why not just pick one project and stick with it? Don't listen to the mantras of the uncultured palates who will basically go "OMG SO GOOD" at every 3D image. LISTEN to criticism, not the pages and pages of people who support every game that you happen to release and back up their opinion with miles of smileys.
Put your 100% into the game, not 10%.
DITTO.DITTO.DITTO.

Blackmoor
28-10-06, 21:48
It's time from another rant by someone who knows, lives, and breathes Tomb Raider. Recently everybody has been getting all hyped up about the upcoming remake. This includes, but is not limited to, 100 smileys in a single post, the consistent use of the word "OMG THAT SCREENSHOT IS SO AWESOME" and other symptoms. I do not suffer from this, because by looking at your one screenshot, I can see that you have a LONG way to go before you try to impress the "hardcore" fans. As much as you consider Legend to be the intuitive path, I do not want to see the use of a grappling hook. The graphics are also sub-par by today's standards, and GameSpot/IGN will pick apart that carcass until it dies. Plus, the model does not look at all more advanced than the Legend model. I sincerely hope that this screenshot merely represents 10% of your current effort.

I also notice that you're developing this game as well as TR8, essentially a dual project. Why not just pick one project and stick with it? Don't listen to the mantras of the uncultured palates who will basically go "OMG SO GOOD" at every 3D image. LISTEN to criticism, not the pages and pages of people who support every game that you happen to release and back up their opinion with miles of smileys.

Put your 100% into the game, not 10%.Good points.

Although I am waiting to see more before making a proper judgement, I must admit I see nothing so far to get excited about in the particular. I'm excited that the remake is going ahead generally, but the picture itself looks like Legend Lara walking down another corridor to me.

Surely it's not possible to remake TR1 with Lara on "rails", is it?

Shark_Blade
31-10-06, 03:04
CD here's an advise. Go pick any hard-core gamer(s) of Tomb Raider from the board or the internet,who played all the games tr1-7. Then let them comment on what tr really should be like(maybe evaluating your game throughout the development of the game). You don't have a single clue who Lara Croft and tomb raider really is.:rolleyes:

Zelda master
31-10-06, 10:13
thats really old news:p

PARANOIA
31-10-06, 10:50
thats really old news:p

What's old news?

RoseTyler
01-11-06, 00:34
I'd also like to add... I wanna poop myself when I play this game! I wanna be scared! (Don't tell me to go play Silent Hill, I want scary TR just like how it used to be!)

Legend only made me jump in about 2 places throughout the whole game.

TR is meant to be scary! And exciting! ...And did I mention scary? :p Didn't do me any harm when I was 14 so it won't do any other kid any harm either.

Basically what I'm trying to say is - enough of the kiddy-friendly rated stuff and all that shtick! :hea: :D

PARANOIA
01-11-06, 00:36
You're correct, Tyler. It does irritate me when I say something that I want to see in TR, and people say, "Go play DOOM, go play Silent Hill, go play BloodRayne, go play Time Crisis..." Well, none of those four have Lara Croft, and that's what I'm here for! ;)

Legend 4ever
01-11-06, 08:41
Tomb Raider was never scary!?!
To me the Legend is the scariest TR.

Rivendell
01-11-06, 09:02
TR is meant to be scary! And exciting! ...And did I mention scary? :p Didn't do me any harm when I was 14 so it won't do any other kid any harm either.

So true. Crystal, you need to hook the sinister creepy atmosphere, ambient noises, background sounds, accompany it with some ghoulish fiends that need shooting, and have them jump out on us.

Take inspiration from the Atlantean Mummies of Tr1 - remember the noises they made?

Oh also look at 'Regenerators' from Resident Evil 4 - take note of the noise they make.

Legend 4ever
01-11-06, 09:07
Yes, but....IT'S ACTION GAME FOR GOD SAKE, not horror one.

Rivendell
01-11-06, 09:11
I never said it was a horror game!
I just want the creepy atmosphere of the classics returned - or is that too 90's for you as well? :whi:

Reggie
01-11-06, 16:28
Yes, but....IT'S ACTION GAME FOR GOD SAKE, not horror one.

Its not an action game...or at least until TR:Legend it wasn't an action game. Tomb Raider was always more towards the genre of Adventure/puzzle so there was some action but not to an extent that it felt like a shoot-em-up. Horror on the other hand was actually used quite often in subtle doses. If you've played TR1 or 2 which are the slightly scarier ones you'll see that tension and horror game elements are implmented, hence the age rating being 15 in the classics (UK rating).

Sometimes I feel like I'm bashing my head against a wall with some TR:L fans :hea: (not with all of them though).

thevman
01-11-06, 17:02
There, there reggie. :hug: Next they'll be calling the classics platformers... :rolleyes:

TRBeth
01-11-06, 21:46
The biggest problem that Tomb Raider faces is the attempt to try to "change" the game to another genre. Tomb Raider was always about high adventure in tombs. Not killing baddies, or trying to emulate James Bond.

More than even the importance of Lara Croft, are the Tombs. Adventure in the tombs is what fans crave, not high tech crap. Exploring the tombs is what it is all about. Facing ancient adversaries, mysterious environments, and beautiful places that most of us can only dream about experiencing and exploring. TRLR was the epitome of Tomb Raider--pure tomb raiding.

RoseTyler
01-11-06, 23:08
TRLR was the epitome of Tomb Raider--pure tomb raiding.

I found that game too repetitive though. TR1 was better because you start off in different surroundings and work your way into the egyptian stuff :D

xeth004
02-11-06, 00:06
Few things I'd like to see in TR 8:

- Of course, first of all: longer game
- Not so obvious grapple-able places
- More h2h fights
- Clothes/skin dry much slower
- Keep the outfits, I love them
- New (acrobatic) moves (as all new TR had a few)
- Change the swimming controls
- Make Lara not climb like a supercreature or something (she is almost as though as the Prince of Persia). Even Lara Croft is a woman.
- Always have to reload weapons, I mean no more "draw your weapons and they are fully reloaded"
- A very, very, very high something (mountain, cliff) to climb
- Jetski for a vehicle
- Less gun combat, more exploring/climbing etc.
- And a walk button by default:) , not only in patches

Anyway...TRL is a masterpiece, thank you CD!! I hope TR8 will be even better!

PARANOIA
02-11-06, 00:36
Few things I'd like to see in TR 8:

- Of course, first of all: longer game
- Not so obvious grapple-able places
- More h2h fights
- Clothes/skin dry much slower
- Keep the outfits, I love them
- New (acrobatic) moves (as all new TR had a few)
- Change the swimming controls
- Make Lara not climb like a supercreature or something (she is almost as though as the Prince of Persia). Even Lara Croft is a woman.
- Always have to reload weapons, I mean no more "draw your weapons and they are fully reloaded"
- A very, very, very high something (mountain, cliff) to climb
- Jetski for a vehicle
- Less gun combat, more exploring/climbing etc.
- And a walk button by default:) , not only in patches

Anyway...TRL is a masterpiece, thank you CD!! I hope TR8 will be even better!

Requests like yours are what will boost the series to its pinnacle.

Legend 4ever
02-11-06, 07:31
I never said it was a horror game!
I just want the creepy atmosphere of the classics returned - or is that too 90's for you as well? :whi:

It's not. OK.

Legend 4ever
02-11-06, 07:37
The biggest problem that Tomb Raider faces is the attempt to try to "change" the game to another genre. Tomb Raider was always about high adventure in tombs. Not killing baddies, or trying to emulate James Bond.

More than even the importance of Lara Croft, are the Tombs. Adventure in the tombs is what fans crave, not high tech crap. Exploring the tombs is what it is all about. Facing ancient adversaries, mysterious environments, and beautiful places that most of us can only dream about experiencing and exploring. TRLR was the epitome of Tomb Raider--pure tomb raiding.

Yes but for me "the adventure in tomb" is not really an adventue, but an action.
Example: When you see the mymmy you will shoot it of course, or the dog, scorpio...it's action, not adventure.
And my opinion is that in old TR games was more action ellements like killing animals and foes than pure free time for exploring the tombs. We never actually had time to explore it enough because of the scorpios, dogs,mymmies and such things!

Joseph
03-11-06, 15:34
Look what is done in Sin Episodes - Emergence. (and note the resemblance with the Legend Main Menu! ;) )

http://www.jozefdekkers.nl/Trforum/sin-challenge-assistance-levels1.jpg

http://www.jozefdekkers.nl/Trforum/sin-challenge-assistance-levels2.jpg

These are the default settings once you launch the game for the first time (i bought it an hour ago).

Mona Sax
03-11-06, 16:11
^ That'd be perfect.

Natla'd
03-11-06, 16:14
We never actually had time to explore it enough because of the scorpios, dogs,mymmies and such things!

There's nothing stopping you from exploring the tombs once you've killed everything. :p

Legend 4ever
03-11-06, 21:27
Yes, but then I don't want to anymore!

Mad Tony
03-11-06, 21:39
Yes, but then I don't want to anymore!
Why?
The whole point of going down there is to grab the artifacts inside. :p

belter_21
03-11-06, 21:43
Look what is done in Sin Episodes - Emergence. (and note the resemblance with the Legend Main Menu! ;) )

http://www.jozefdekkers.nl/Trforum/sin-challenge-assistance-levels1.jpg

These are the default settings once you launch the game for the first time (i bought it an hour ago).
Wow that looks interesting. TRL could have done with a similar set of options. I like the no saves 'one sitting' challenge, would probably need some drinks and snacks for that one...

Blackmoor
04-11-06, 00:49

These are the default settings once you launch the game for the first time (i bought it an hour ago).Yes please. I like the look of that.

Give Assistance = never
Challenge = Hard (wouldn't dare go extreme first time probably :D)

Joseph, you'll have to let us know how well it works in the actual game... :)

Joseph
04-11-06, 06:00
Joseph, you'll have to let us know how well it works in the actual game... :)Well: extreme is really extreme, you lose health very quickly and with 3 bullets you die and it's 'game over'. And 'never assistance' is just like in any older FPS.
Challenge bar at default (close to casual) is 'yawn' easy.:D The system works great. :tmb:

'Give Assistance' is best at 'never'.
'Challenge' is best at moderate the first time, extreme means you're out very quickly. Better explore the game (i mean playing once) before going extreme. :)

Joseph
04-11-06, 06:31
Wow that looks interesting. TRL could have done with a similar set of options. I like the no saves 'one sitting' challenge, would probably need some drinks and snacks for that one...That option is greyed out for a reason obviously. You MUST complete the game once before this option. I only just started the game and at extreme settings you die very quickly, but the autosave brings you back just before the attack. :) That won't happen in the 'one sitting' challenge. :)

xcrushterx
04-11-06, 14:15
there is a difference between some players liking of the headset.
to keep both sides happy why dont they just keep the set, but decrease it's size a considerable amount

Pablo.CT
04-11-06, 17:08
In terms of the Manor, I suggest getting rid of that GYM. it makes the outside look so wierd and small, put a garden in its place

xcrushterx
04-11-06, 18:23
how could a gym that is inside POSSIBLY make the outside look too small

Rivendell
04-11-06, 19:33
Because it's taking up space where they could have built an outside for the mansion!

With a Gym, the outside consists of a courtyard. Without a gym, the outside could consist of a smallish external assault course. :tmb:

Anubis_AF
04-11-06, 19:39
Thanks would be the perfect setting for Legend, Joseph. I'd just scroll the tab to the 'Extreme' challenge part :tmb:

Legend of Lara
05-11-06, 14:59
An idea just popped into my head:
CUSTOMAZATION!!!

That way, unlockable outfits will become extinct! Classic TR fans could pick the straight forward aqua tank top and orange winter jackets while others can toy to their hearts content and turn Lara into a disfigured monster. That way, everybody wins. Huh? :)

Tomb Raider Jay
05-11-06, 17:26
I'd like fully interactive enviroments in TR8!

I am getting very annoyed of running into invisible walls, they are a pathetic way of saying " No you can't go that way, you need to go this way - WHY? because we were too lazy to add more that way so you just stick to the path we've mapped out for you, okay" - it's very frustrating because in a real enviroment is Lara really going to be stuck in these tiny box rooms with corridors leading the way forward? NO - of course not!!! :hea:

Look at Assassin's Creed, the main character Altier can climb any arcitechtural detail, this means he can go ANYWHERE in the enviroment!!!!! :D

TR NEEDS this too, can you imagion TR8 with Lara trotting down tiny corridors, exploring cramped box rooms...Yawn :rolleyes: - meanwhile in Assassin's Creed Altier soars high above the city streets, runs across rooftops and swings away from danger :eek: :D exciting isn't it!!
I know which game I'd rather be playing!

I think TR8 needs something like Assassin's climb-anywhere feature, otherwise this series will never survive in the next-gen!!! :(

Blackmoor
05-11-06, 17:45
I'd like fully interactive enviroments in TR8!

I am getting very annoyed of running into invisible walls, they are a pathetic way of saying " No you can't go that way, you need to go this way - WHY? because we were too lazy to add more that way so you just stick to the path we've mapped out for you, okay" - it's very frustrating because in a real enviroment is Lara really going to be stuck in these tiny box rooms with corridors leading the way forward? NO - of course not!!! :hea:

Look at Assassin's Creed, the main character Altier can climb any arcitechtural detail, this means he can go ANYWHERE in the enviroment!!!!! :D

TR NEEDS this too, can you imagion TR8 with Lara trotting down tiny corridors, exploring cramped box rooms...Yawn :rolleyes: - meanwhile in Assassin's Creed Altier soars high above the city streets, runs across rooftops and swings away from danger :eek: :D exciting isn't it!!
I know which game I'd rather be playing!

I think TR8 needs something like Assassin's climb-anywhere feature, otherwise this series will never survive in the next-gen!!! :(Really good point. :tmb:

TR always had this interactivity before and I can't see why just because the graphics are now of a higher resolution, suddenly we can't do anything but run down those corridors.

Please make all surfaces interactive. If it a ledge looks grabbable, let Lara grab it. If it's slippery and she falls off, fair enough, but don't have invisible blocking you grabbing it in the first place.

Also, like in the museum in England (Legend), where you cannot get into the corners of the room properly because there's an "invisible cushion" blocking you around the rubbish and broken walls there. I hate it, it feels wrong.

And in the town where Lara meets Anaya, half the buildings you can't climb onto, despite them having completely flat roofs... All manner of ledges and corners and bits beyond fences are shut off from you...

It feels rubbish exploring these non-explorable levels.

krycekuva
05-11-06, 17:59
good point but not really so right,.. assassin creed like prince of persia,..a llow you to climb or wallrun almost to everywhere,.. but,. if you people played POP then you should remember that not always is like that,.. althou i agreed with you,.. that sometimes different path could be really good to have, aswell as some exploration places,... wide open enviroments and some mazes,.. not only going forward is enought... even if the room are empty,.. they are funny to reach... obvioulsy they its better if theres a price after it,.. like a secret,.. or a secret secret,.. or just a short cut,.. or even a nice view, or a nice climb-and-do-whatever-you-like to place,..

:)

Alex West
05-11-06, 18:29

YES! That's the game I quoted in another thread, especially how he can grab and climb anything that protrudes more than 2 inches - I think this is exactly what Lara needs to be able to do. Freedom! :D

MiloDC
06-11-06, 10:10
With over 1000 posts, I figure it's pretty pointless of me to contribute to this thread, but in the off chance I can get some people behind this:

With all the praise heaped on Legend for its adherence to many of the things that made the first game the classic that it is, I'm surprised that there are so many people who like the constant communication between Lara and her two sidekicks, Alister and Zip.

From the get-go, I didn't like this. It was a bad idea, because it robbed the game of the immersion in the environment that was such a huge part of the originals. In Legend, the majesty and imposing character of the environments is downplayed by sidekick banter and wise-cracking, and more importantly, the fact that Lara isn't really ever going it alone, anymore. The solemnity of what the player was doing was a *big* part of the mood of the first game.

One of the things that people tended not to like about the games that succeeded the first Tomb Raider was the increasing dearth of actual tombs (i.e. ancient ruins and natural caverns) being explored, in favor of outdoor environments and modern architecture. It represented a break from the lone explorer vs. ancient history paradigm established in the first game, and similarly, I believe that Lara's talking to geeks in real time as she navigates a lost civilization obliterates a huge part of that paradigm, because Alister and Zip serve to do two things: (1) They remove the "lone" aspect, and (2) they represent an out whenever Lara or the game designers themselves get into trouble (Lara isn't required to rely solely on her wits anymore since she's got a geek with access to Google on hand, and designers can simply fall back on the huge array of resources at Alister's and Zip's disposal to avoid having to come up with creative ways to move the story and game play along).

I was definitely taken out of the experience and mood of Legend with Lara's two sidekicks chatting away in her headset, particularly during the phase of the story that took place in England, where silence from those two would have magnified the mystery and wonder of the burial cavern immensely (as happened so consistently in the original Tomb Raider).

I've no reason to believe you will, Crystal Dynamics, but here's hoping you lose the headset. It's fun on occasion, but having it there all the time detracts from the epic feel of the game.

__
Milo D. Cooper
Senior artist, Sigil Games Online

Rivendell
06-11-06, 10:23
Believe us Milo, many many people feel exactly the same way. :)

Welcome to the forums :wve:

MiloDC
06-11-06, 21:07
Believe us Milo, many many people feel exactly the same way. :)

Welcome to the forums :wve:

Thanks for the welcome, Rivdendell.

Yeah, after you told me that lots of people share my sentiment, I found the positives/negatives thread (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=66940) for Legend, and yes, there are indeed loads of complaints about the sidekicks in Lara's ear. In my long experience as a video game developer, lots of gamers are smart folks, and that whole thread is a very good read. Crystal Dynamics would certainly do well to take it seriously.

To be fair (though given the title of this thread, it probably isn't necessary), I will say that Crystal Dynamics did a fantastic job overall, as I think most players will agree. Despite the few significant oversights, Legend is a blast to play, with perhaps its best asset being the promise it brings to succeeding games in the franchise. Legend works extremely well as a fresh start to an ailing line; with the much-improved combat mechanics, far more organic environments, greater acrobatic flair, and improved interaction with Lara's surroundings, things are in place that could well take Tomb Raider back to its former levels of greatness (though I'm too attached to the original game to think that any sequel, even a re-make, could achieve its greatness).

fallenknight
09-11-06, 00:27
ok before people rip into me about this i thought TRL was awesome a Great, kool game... too short but hey.
however the fact CD made it has me concerned because CD have a knack for taking other peoples games and redesigning them in there own image which works as weve seen with TRL but it doesnt make it original plus hardcore fans of TR must be slightly hacked off by how theyve changed so much of the game and its past history to fit their own grand design of TR.
its still a great game but it lacks some kinda spirit that the older ones had kinda like someone repainting the mona lisa... would look nice but youd feel cheated that its not by the original artist (ok bad example).
personaaly i think they should look into giving the atmosphere a simillar look to how it was in AOD which looked great like fantastic some of the settings were very dark and cool (although a lack of tombs) but it had crappy rpg bits in it and the movement and controls sucked ass(lara took 10 seconds to go from walking to running so shed never win the 100 metre sprint). where as the image of TRL kinda looks VERY typical hollywood action movie kinda theme (which although visually amazing was just toooo hollywood if that makes sense).
i doubt itl ever happen but if CD want to make another great TR game then it might be worth while them working with CORE DESIGN and any other previous staff who worked on the TR series (not just 3 of the original creators) would be good to have CDs visually stunning graphics and amazing action and controls with core design's large levels and perhaps lengthier and more indepth story lines and moody atmosphere.

on another note: the reason i mentioned CD having a knack for stealing game ideas is because of another famous game they cashed in on known as The "Legend Of Kain Series" the original game blood omen was developed by silicon knights and published by CD then some court battle happened and CD stole all licensing rights to the LOK Series and although i havent played all the newer games apparantly the latest LOK games are a disgrace to the series....... worth taking into account when you think about the future of the Tomb raider franchise.
further note theres a direct reference to LOK with the "soul Reaver" the big sword lara gets at the end of TRL is the centre of 75% of the storyline(and alot of fighting between kain & raziel) in LOK... incase u didnt already know:D

WhosaidAODwasbad
09-11-06, 02:00
Thank you the truth is set free! Tomb RAider is about lara and only lara, yeah she can have some help and friends but when its time they need to shut up. Also Tomb RAider is about Tomb Raiding, being alone, facing traps, taking stuff that isn't yours, doing puzzles and alot of them. Tomb Raider 1 was about lara and the enviroment her vs. the world. Legend was her vs the Mercs. this is not tomb raider its james bond or INdiana Jones, both great characters, but that isn't lara croft and tomb Raider, Indiana Jones fights Nazis, lara fights Giant Crocs and Unknown Creatures, James Bond solves international problems, lara solves mysteries and ancient puzzles and secrets. That's what tomb raider is. To me Legend was great at moments and at others, felt like 007 EVerything or Nothing! Hopefully CD sees that Tomb Raider is about discovery and mysteries, not explotions. Now I am not say there shouldn't be but it became the games, main plot in Legend Action not Exploration, which it should be.

WhosaidAODwasbad
09-11-06, 02:07
Exactly Tomb Raider isn't British Secret Agent, Lara Croft is not James Bond.

Tomb Raider is about Exploration not Explosions. Don't get me wrong you can have both in Tomb Raider but the main object in TR should be the Exploration not how many Merceranies you can take out. CD needs to learn that some people actually like games without kill people personally I am one of them. TR 1 is a perfect example, tons of Exploration, great and quick action, not alot of humans. I like it when lara is going against the enviroment. TR legend was too much like the movies. Yeah sometimes there will be alot of bad guys, but not all the time. Come on there were a hundred Mercs, in the heart of Ghana. Keep to the Tomb Raiding and put some action in it. not the other way around.

thevman
09-11-06, 11:43
Too much to read, give it to me in "short, sharp, thrillride" chunks... :p

fallenknight
09-11-06, 17:19
you want it short? ok.......
Tombraider legend was TOO hollywood action movie ie james bond, mission impossible, indiana jones.

the game was more like an action movie than a tomb raider game and not like the originals which was centred around lara Vs the world not lara vs against an army of mercs (althought tis fun they steal the limelight in the story)

is that short enough... stop being so lazy dude and reeeaaaaddd:D :ton:

MiloDC
09-11-06, 17:31
... the image of TRL kinda looks VERY typical hollywood action movie kinda theme (which although visually amazing was just toooo hollywood if that makes sense).

That is a *very* good point.

While Legend is a great game, I too find that much of its aesthetics -- especially the graphic design, the combat mechanics, and the music -- are directly traceable to the contemporary action movie. Although that's not inherently bad -- I've remarked elsewhere that I really like the direction that Crystal Dynamics have taken combat in Tomb Raider -- it does significantly alter the feel of the game.

To wit, Tomb Raider is no longer a "lone adventurer vs. ancient history" type of game with a very solemn mood and distinctly claustrophobic and revisitation-oriented (some would say "non-linear," which is not an accurate description of Tomb Raider, in my view) level design. Some of this -- especially the claustrophobia and revisitation -- is probably attributable to old school hardware limitations that are not present, or at least greatly diminished, on more modern gaming systems. Much of it, though, is simply a change in the overall aesthetic approach to the series. Because the game is obviously heavily influenced by contemporary cinema (in my experience, a lot of game developers unfortunately think of themselves as writers and/or filmmakers, to some extent), Legend curiously looks and feels more like the Angelina Jolie movies than it does the games that spawned them, and that's both a compliment (of its technical prowess) and a criticism (of its derivative ambience).

One might say that the game has been "Americanized."

Again, though, while I miss the classic atmosphere of the first game -- to which it seems the series will never return, Anniversary notwithstanding -- I do like what Crystal Dynamics have done differently. While the distinction isn't there, the polish and the presentation are second to none, and the control and combat of the game have been markedly improved without making them overly complex. I enjoyed Legend rather a lot, and am very much looking forward to what Crystal Dymaics have in store.

Alex West
09-11-06, 17:42
Tomb Raider is about Exploration not Explosions. Don't get me wrong you can have both in Tomb Raider but the main object in TR should be the Exploration not how many Merceranies you can take out. CD needs to learn that some people actually like games without kill people personally I am one of them. TR 1 is a perfect example, tons of Exploration, great and quick action, not alot of humans. I like it when lara is going against the enviroment. TR legend was too much like the movies. Yeah sometimes there will be alot of bad guys, but not all the time. Come on there were a hundred Mercs, in the heart of Ghana. Keep to the Tomb Raiding and put some action in it. not the other way around.

Me too. The combat is my least favourite part - I like exploring and figuring out puzzles etc...:)

(Oh and just frolicking round the mansion! :p )

fallenknight
10-11-06, 10:55
i see what your saying milo. but it's odd theirs a distinct point about the game which although my poor english cant expain just makes the game feel less like tomb raider lol i guess everyone has a different opinion and it still is an awesome game.....maybe i have a subconcious grudge against crystal dynamics for their reputation of stealing other peoples game franchises... who knows.
but in fairness the was some bit in TRL that felt much like the original such as the the icy level (forgotten the name) with the plane crash brought memories back of tr2.

ahwell i hope they dont ruin the anniversary one though that would really p*** people off

i wonder you reckon they should try and elaborate on the AOD storyline in the next one....was quiet anoying hoow core left so many holes in their game and their storyline i kinda felt like i olny got half the game and story that was promised and i guess if CD use thier new graphics and control systme theey might make some improvements to a storyline that kind of just withered out of existance.

Rivendell
10-11-06, 11:29
i wonder you reckon they should try and elaborate on the AOD storyline in the next one....was quiet anoying hoow core left so many holes in their game and their storyline i kinda felt like i olny got half the game and story that was promised and i guess if CD use thier new graphics and control systme theey might make some improvements to a storyline that kind of just withered out of existance.

I'm sure I've said it before - but I agree, I'd love for the Angel of Darkness plot to be expanded!

Please give us some more Nephilim and Sleepers, Crystal! :tmb:

TR freak
10-11-06, 15:06
I think the aod story is overrated. Sure it would be nice for it to continue but the story isn't THAT good that it has to be continued. In my eyes its the second best story next to TR4 and it would be nice for it to continue but it doesn't really matter to me. What really annoys me is when people say the best thing about aod was the story. First of all the story's not that amazing. Secondly aod has alot of great things imo and I find it a huge insult saying the story is the only good thing.

Moon-Safari
10-11-06, 15:38
What I didn't like about the aod story was that it just started off in the middle of the action. There was no rising action, no catalyst. It was just *boom* lara murders someone. The structure was really poor in terms of story. but for a video game its cool. But if you take out the gameplay and market it as an interactive dvd, your not going to have a very strong product.

Rivendell
10-11-06, 15:58
Moon-Safari, take a look at my posts in 'Why is AoD so popular?' to see how the story structure in TR6 is in fact stunningly similar to TR1's story ;)

xcrushterx
11-11-06, 15:07
+ i think Core intended AOD to be a 2 part story as the ending was very cliffhanger-ish.
also the shuriken leads her to the door which means Kurtis might not have died * hits self for even utering such horrible words *.
All she really did was stop someone taking over the world. how the hell does that clear her name because the real murderers body was destroyed. do you see what i mean

Mona Sax
11-11-06, 15:13
AOD was supposed to be the first part of a trilogy.

Since we're in the suggestions thread, I'd like to see self-contained TRs with a beginning and an ending again. Cliffhangers always give me the feeling I've paid full price for an unfinished game.

xcrushterx
11-11-06, 15:24
A TRILOGY
omg then they better finish it

Ada the Mental
11-11-06, 15:26
AOD was supposed to be the first part of a trilogy.

Since we're in the suggestions thread, I'd like to see self-contained TRs with a beginning and an ending again. Cliffhangers always give me the feeling I've paid full price for an unfinished game.

Me,too.I may not feel like playing the next game so I want a conclusion to a story,not a to-be-continued cliffhanger!But then again that's the point,ti make sure you will play the next game....:pi:

RAID
11-11-06, 18:57
I want Lara to be able to slide backwards, do back flips and sideways Somersaults with or without guns drawn

Don't make Lara point all the time. Bring back the old battle style with the crazy twisted jumps and all. But let her run sideways to avoid being hit. Lose the crosshair.

Let her jump and shoot at the same time, aim at more than one enemy at the same time, and equip 2 different guns at the same time:

Example: Shotgun left hand, pistol right hand.

Ada the Mental
11-11-06, 22:35
Example: Shotgun left hand, pistol right hand.
I don't think you could use a shotgun with one hand...

LaraMan2
12-11-06, 02:39
:cln: :cln: :cln: DOUBLE SHOTGUNS!!!!!!!!!!!:cln: :cln: :cln:

RAID
12-11-06, 13:55
How about Desert Eagle in One and a pistol in the other. ;)

Ada the Mental
12-11-06, 14:57
How about Desert Eagle in One and a pistol in the other. ;)
That would be a good idea!I'd like to be able to use two different guns!
Lol!Imagine running around with two shotguns!
DOUBLE SHOTGUNS!!!!!!!!!!!

krycekuva
13-11-06, 14:48
i would like her to change into different weapons tyle,.. and different simultaneosly shooting kind,... also like to see only one weapon possition like in AOD. and knives, and swords,..

SORRY,.. i cant forget how lara croft with the pop enviroment could look like,..

WOWWWWWWWWWW

Miss.Croft
13-11-06, 17:05
ooo let me think you should have more rooms in the house and should be able to go in the garden like on tomb raider 3 with a obsticle course!!
more levels and they should be longer i almost cried when i relised how short legend was! :)
and i think a realy good bit would be a level were you need to ride a horse the motor bike bits were great!!!
and it could be a continuation of legend and possibly go to avalon????
and maybe more in tombs but dont get any half dead people like on angel of darkness because i am sooo scared of them!!!! :tea:
the butler should walk around like he used to that made me and my friends crack up!!
all in all Legend was GREAT!!!!!!!!! i love it and i got free speakers when i bought it from toys r us.
I love the controls they are so easy compared to the other games!!!!
Pleeeesse hurry and make tomb raider 8!!!!!

Miss.Croft
13-11-06, 17:11
ooo let me think you should have more rooms in the house and should be able to go in the garden like on tomb raider 3 with a obsticle course!!
more levels and they should be longer i almost cried when i relised how short legend was!
and i think a realy good bit would be a level were you need to ride a horse the motor bike bits were great!!!
and it could be a continuation of legend and possibly go to avalon????
and maybe more in tombs but dont get any half dead people like on angel of darkness because i am sooo scared of them!!!!
the butler should walk around like he used to that made me and my friends crack up!!
all in all Legend was GREAT!!!!!!!!! i love it and i got free speakers when i bought it from toys r us.
I love the controls they are so easy compared to the other games!!!!
Pleeeesse hurry and make tomb raider 8!!!!!

petujaymz
16-11-06, 16:13
Remember the multiple functionality of Joanna's weaponary in Perfect Dark?

Handgun - Pistol Whip
Shotgun - Double Blast
Dunno - Threat Detector
Dunno - Cloaking Device
Laptop Gun - Deploy Sentry Gun

See where I'm going with this?

It'll add a whole new dimension in terms of combat & puzzle solving.

dstone
17-11-06, 03:49
I'd like Lara's house to have more rooms, some secret passages between rooms and catacombs under the house, that are part of the adventure.
The butler should follow her around everywhere she goes, like in the early games.

TR8 or Tomb Raider: Anniversary will be a remake of TR1.
It will be the same story but there will be alot of changes and of course it will have the latest graphics engine.
And and xbox version of TR8 may not be made. 8O

http://www.doubleagent.com/article.php?a=2173

Emmeline
19-11-06, 20:06
me and my sisters were thinking of maybe adding Kurtis into the next one? He did achieve his goal in the first but he also has those special abilities so maybe something more could happen into the next one? I was thinking maybe Lara just done something in a part of the 8th one (maybe killed a bad guy?) and a gun is held at her head and kurtis could say something like "Hi, Lara" or something like that... that'll be interesting...

I haven't played all the tomb raiders (only 1, 6 and 7) and I dunno about the rest, but Kurtis was the only guy I actually played with in the whole thing... so maybe we could play with him a little more in the 8th one?

Miss.Croft said:
it could be a continuation of legend and possibly go to avalon????
she could meet Kurtis there???

RAID
20-11-06, 19:15
she could meet Kurtis there???

No.

Here are some ideas, which imply for Anniversary as well.

Cinematics - Insert a Play All option
Replaying Level - Once I've replayed a level and finished it, take me to the next one pls not the main menu. And if there are any FMVs/cutscenes play them in between.
Weapons - I'd like to keep my weapons when replaying a level.
Ring inventory
Don't make the bullets visible in the air.

krycekuva
20-11-06, 19:36
nop,.. she cant meet kurtis in the 8th,.. so far we still dont know if AOD (TR:6) is still to happen or not,.. Legend set a complettely new storyline, and maybe it is supossed to happen even before tr 1,.. besides,.. the AOD storyline is yet unfinished,.. we dont know whatever happened after lara kill the sleeper,... and theres another line to keep working on,... lara cant run into kurtis (sadly) because we dont know if ever they have already met, or if ever something else happened in the supposed to happen once TR: AOD.

sorry,.. i would also like to see him again,.. i kinda like that guy,.. great attitud and movements/powers,...

clexy
23-11-06, 11:26
MY LIST!!

- CD keep the Legend engine it was fun and good.

- Keep the gameplay as good as Legend had.

- Bring back classic weapons , not the ones in Legend had I felt that Im a spy that has lame weapons.

- The Mansion was boring there was no outside. Make TR8 expand it to Gardens, a Maze, and more open rooms. Also let us see the front of the house. Maybe even one or 2 secret rooms.

- Remove Zip and Alistar and the Headset. This was horrable . Lara Croft is know as a heroine who works alone and its hard to explore when someone talks what to do on the headset.

- No help icons wich tells us where or what button to press. We are not so stupid.

- Make the game a lot more dangerouse with fewer mercenries, more high falls deathtraps, very hard puzzles, suprises, mosters as enemis and something that every TR had.

- Make the Levels longer. And add more levels. Make them large.

- More animals, and different animals.

- Remove the R.A.D. mode from binoculars, I dont want to hear "This is is something I could move"

- No more changing the outfits at the Mansion, no more characters as lockable features. The only thing im agree to lock free is speacial features like pictures or location pictures or ideas and skethes.

- In PC version make it as AOD was , great grafic and dont you dare to make it lack in colors and look like its not ment to the computer system requirements , like Legend was in PC, the consoles version was much better.

- No more "revealing" outfits, she is an arheologist , not a model.

- Winston can be in the Mansion and do more stuff like clean the house, but dont make him fart.

- And most impostant , suprise us with good made and best choosed locations and a better story then "My Mom died and now I searh for artefacts."

- No linear levers anymore, I want to get lost again.

- No inventory like in TR1 -TR4 where I had to like 40 seconds to skip to get and item I wanted.

- Lara must have braid.

- Make her keep more then just one weapon besides her 2 guns. And keep her twin guns with unlimited bullets. And if you remove her twin 9mm guns again then you get me as an enemy.

TR3thebest
23-11-06, 22:11
-change the controls so they are back to the original games
(x button has always been the action button why change it?)

-Lara used to be so easy to line up perfectly for jumps in old series you should change it back

-Lara was never primarily a 1st person shooter game there were to many just plain boring shootouts done in other non TR games.

-It was so easy and obvious where to go I'd love it if you could have incorporated large diversion for secrets of the lovely settings, and make it harder to know where to go

-love the secrets being brought back but make them not as obvious (shining etc)

-I loved it when Lara used to pick items up and combine and use them

-don't make the pick ups so obvious

-make it at least double the length!!

DREWY
23-11-06, 22:25
Excellent first post there TR3thebest (my fav TR game too)
Agree 100%

Welcome to the forum :wve:

domina
23-11-06, 23:03
- My number one problem with Legend was the length - It was WAY too short. I miss the Tomb Raider of old with almost 20 levels, if not more.

- I want more puzzles and actual tomb raiding than combat. I asbolutely loved her mansion because there were so many little puzzles to solve to find the secrets. Plus, she has all these great new and fluid moves - I'd like to see those incorporated more.

- Addendum: The mansion needs an outside, and all those useless doors need to have a purpose. I felt cheated when only about half of doors were actually functional.

- A problem that will seemingly NEVER go away: Animals apparently are more bullet-resistant than armored mercenaries. Lara's guns should have a slightly more realistic result. And for the love of all things holy... In Anniversary, please do not bring back the spiders and bats that take 27 shots before they die. That was my least favorite aspect of the original games.

- Bring back the single-button reverse roll. Please.

- Do away with the mindless button-mashing cut scenes.

- I really liked her PDA and the ease of switching weapons/using medipacks/etc., but I did not like that there was a limit on the amount of medipacks Lara could carry. I would find that after certain combat scenes, I would be at my maximum 3, but with another 3 or 4 lying around. Then I get to a boss or another combat heavy section and I would run out. Kind of annoying.

- Alistair needs to shut up.

- I really liked unlocking biographies, concept art, clothing, etc.

- I would like the next one to have a higher replay-ability. I suppose this could be countered with a longer game, but once you beat everything 100% (which is kind of easy to do) the game loses some of its edge. Longer and more replayable would be fabulous, but I'd at least like to see one of those in the future games.

- And this is something I want to see in ALL games: No more messages popping up explaining how to do something. I can read the manual myself, thanks.

TR freak
24-11-06, 07:19

-Lara used to be so easy to line up perfectly for jumps in old series you should change it back

-Lara was never primarily a 1st person shooter game there were to many just plain boring shootouts done in other non TR games.

-It was so easy and obvious where to go I'd love it if you could have incorporated large diversion for secrets of the lovely settings, and make it harder to know where to go

-love the secrets being brought back but make them not as obvious (shining etc)

-don't make the pick ups so obvious

-make it at least double the length!!
Dont agree with your username but do agree with your post. If your username was TR4thebest it would be a perfect first post.

Alex West
24-11-06, 09:40
Cinematics - Insert a Play All option

I hadn't said that - that is a definite from me!!!

clexy
24-11-06, 11:47

I disagree, Lara jumps perfectly in Lgened, she runs just too slow. And its harder to jump in the classics. You have to walk a step back and then jump. And in mid air you cant change ur jumpimg direction anymore.

-Lara was never primarily a 1st person shooter game there were to many just plain boring shootouts done in other non TR games.:confused: :confused:

The legend controls are totaly fine.

The jumps in classics are more annoying then in Legend.

And btw I dont think finding like 100 secrets is anything good.

Tomb Boy
24-11-06, 21:12
Just to limit the amount of threads i though i'd make this, a suggestion to CD to what to include in the next game:

-CD keep the Legend engine it was fun and brilliant, optimise it a little and it will be perfect.

-The Mansion was great and the inside brought back memories, The outside was a little small but nice, Please please in TR8 expand it to Gardens, a Maze, and more rooms. Also let us see the front of the house.

-Keep Zip and Alistar and the Headset. This was an excellent addition and I love the characters. Let Winston do a bit more though, put him on the headset.

-Make the Tomb alot more dangerouse with fewer mercenries, more high falls and fatal deathtraps.

-Could u Make some refrences to past TR's. The Natla crates were funny and a nice easter egg.

-Make the Levels longer.

-More animals, wild creatures roaming about.

-Most importantly keep up the stnadards of TRL and u wont go wrong.:)

What ever happened to the Dinosaurs-they were cool!!! Introduce a new male hero who you can play as in a few levels-but kill him off at the end.

Tomb Boy
24-11-06, 21:14
Nice list-but what about Dinosaurs?!

Rivendell
24-11-06, 21:32
We'll get Dino's in TR:A Tomb Boy :D (Welcome to the forums by the way! :wve: )

And in TR8, we'll have to wait and see how creative Crystal feel re: filling Avalon with all sorts of different creatures for Lara to blast!

Emmeline
25-11-06, 01:04
nop,.. she cant meet kurtis in the 8th,.. so far we still dont know if AOD (TR:6) is still to happen or not,.. Legend set a complettely new storyline, and maybe it is supossed to happen even before tr 1,.. besides,.. the AOD storyline is yet unfinished,.. ,...

and maybe 8th could carry on AOD???

Emmeline
25-11-06, 01:09
MY LIST!!

- CD keep the Legend engine it was fun and good.

- Keep the gameplay as good as Legend had.

- Bring back classic weapons , not the ones in Legend had I felt that Im a spy that has lame weapons.

- The Mansion was boring there was no outside. Make TR8 expand it to Gardens, a Maze, and more open rooms. Also let us see the front of the house. Maybe even one or 2 secret rooms.

- Remove Zip and Alistar and the Headset. This was horrable . Lara Croft is know as a heroine who works alone and its hard to explore when someone talks what to do on the headset.

- No help icons wich tells us where or what button to press. We are not so stupid.

- Make the game a lot more dangerouse with fewer mercenries, more high falls deathtraps, very hard puzzles, suprises, mosters as enemis and something that every TR had.

- Make the Levels longer. And add more levels. Make them large.

- More animals, and different animals.

- Remove the R.A.D. mode from binoculars, I dont want to hear "This is is something I could move"

- No more changing the outfits at the Mansion, no more charcatres bios as lockable features. The only thing im agree to lock free is speacial features like pictures or location pictures or ideas and sckethes.

- In PC version make it as AOD was , great grafic and dont you dare to make it lack in colors and look like its not ment to the computer system requirements , like Legend was in PC, the consoles version was much better.

- No more "revealing" outfits, she is an arheologist , not a model.

- Winston can be in the Mansion and do more stuff like clean the house, but dont make him fart.

- And most impostant , suprise us with good made and best choosed locations and a better story then "My Mom died and now I searh for artefacts."

- No linear levers anymore, I want to get lost again.

- No inventory like in TR1 -TR4 where I had to like 40 seconds to skip to get and item I wanted.

- Lara must have braid.

- Make her keep more then just one weapon besides her 2 guns. And keep her twin guns with unlimited bullets. And if you remove her twin 9mm guns again then you get me as an enemy.

ok, I think in TR8 they should keep Zip and Allistor, they made it more amusing and interesting to play. I definately agree with the revealing outfits - i think it's discriminating towards females. and I don't like it. I hate animals, they leap and hurt.

Fostin
26-11-06, 14:23
- I´d love her to have more moves when it comes climbing... or crowling. It would be cool to have the posibility to have the old style when climing an edge as well... :p

clexy
27-11-06, 09:24
Ever again no Zip and Alister! legend isnt a real TR game!!No no and no its annoying and no help icons for gods sake:cen: :hea:

Kamrusepas
27-11-06, 09:26
and maybe 8th could carry on AOD???

No matter how much I'd love that personally, they'll never do it. AoD was a disaster [in their opinion] and they're doing the best they can to pretend it never existed.

JuliannaCroft
28-11-06, 00:33
Will TR 8 Be on PC as well? or DS?

LaraLover1125
28-11-06, 02:52
I'm sure it will be on PC. All of them are. As for DS, I think Nintendo will have something new by then! A new system for TR8!

FrEeLaNdEr
28-11-06, 19:25
I think tomb raider 8 should have....

1: Harder levels
2: Longer levels
3: Get to see more of Croft Manor
4: Scarier gameplay eg; Zombies
5: Less Guards they are getting really boring now
6: More levels
7: Definately more reaction tests I love them!:hug:
8: Winston needs to talk more!
9: More moves
10: Weapons we so need more weapons
11: Melee definately!
12: Cooler clothes etc;
13: Grosser violence such as more agressive fighting like banging heads on walls!:hea:
14: We need romantic scenes! :gki:
15: What was the point in hints?!?!?:confused:

thevman
28-11-06, 20:10
Hints were for dummies that don't know how to play TR... :rolleyes: I don't know if TR is really ready for romantic scenes... :whi:

*starts pron music* "wacka, wacka, ching, ching... " :mis:

LaraLover1125
28-11-06, 23:32
I think tomb raider 8 should have....

1: Harder levels
2: Longer levels
3: Get to see more of Croft Manor
4: Scarier gameplay eg; Zombies
5: Less Guards they are getting really boring now
6: More levels
7: Definately more reaction tests I love them!:hug:
8: Winston needs to talk more!
9: More moves
10: Weapons we so need more weapons
11: Melee definately!
12: Cooler clothes etc;
13: Grosser violence such as more agressive fighting like banging heads on walls!:hea:
14: We need romantic scenes! :gki:
15: What was the point in hints?!?!?:confused:
Well said, although, leave out the zombies -- add mummies! And, leave out the romantic scenes! None of that is needed in Tomb Raider!!!

Genocide
29-11-06, 00:13
We need romantic scenes
Oh yes, we could have an intimate moment between a speeding bullet and a T-Rex

Dax
29-11-06, 23:57
Well despite what alot of people thought about the Angel of Darkness game I thought it was actually very good. There were some things I would have changed though . . sush as the very slow movement of lara but I really wanted to find out what was going to happen after she had destroyed the creature at the end and followed Kurtis' trail. It was actually a good story line so after they have finished with the legend series I think they should go back and finish the other 3 chapters of angel of darkness.

But for the legend series I also think they should include some other forms of transport such as the horse from tomb raider cradle of life or the infamous jeep. They should also bring in the mythological creatures and less troops, but don't get me wrong killing the troops is fun its just a little more like the classical games when you don't know what is around the corner. Plus it should be way more scarier when your playing it late at night with the sound right up which makes the game SO much better just like resident evil.

If they bring back the Angel of Darkness series they need the voice of the man who played Kurtis but they might get away with the new voice of lara which is also very nice. They should incorporate the new engine as was previously mentioned but they should also introduce the characters of Zip and Alistair through Angel of Darkness. Perhaps she could somehow stumble upon their expertise in Prague after we find out what the go is with Kurtis Trent. That way they aren't just characters that have popped up out of no where, Zip was used in Tomb Raider 5 so perhaps if they used that past connection with Zip in the Darkness series it would explain why she uses him in the Legend series. Lara could find Alistair when she meets with Zip somewhere and they see him getting into a bit too much trouble for him to handle. . . Alistair not having a harmful bone in his body and all and so a trio is born. And if Kurtis lives he can be used again in Legend.

LaraLover1125
30-11-06, 23:31
Well despite what alot of people thought about the Angel of Darkness game I thought it was actually very good. There were some things I would have changed though . . sush as the very slow movement of lara but I really wanted to find out what was going to happen after she had destroyed the creature at the end and followed Kurtis' trail. It was actually a good story line so after they have finished with the legend series I think they should go back and finish the other 3 chapters of angel of darkness.

But for the legend series I also think they should include some other forms of transport such as the horse from tomb raider cradle of life or the infamous jeep. They should also bring in the mythological creatures and less troops, but don't get me wrong killing the troops is fun its just a little more like the classical games when you don't know what is around the corner. Plus it should be way more scarier when your playing it late at night with the sound right up which makes the game SO much better just like resident evil.

If they bring back the Angel of Darkness series they need the voice of the man who played Kurtis but they might get away with the new voice of lara which is also very nice. They should incorporate the new engine as was previously mentioned but they should also introduce the characters of Zip and Alistair through Angel of Darkness. Perhaps she could somehow stumble upon their expertise in Prague after we find out what the go is with Kurtis Trent. That way they aren't just characters that have popped up out of no where, Zip was used in Tomb Raider 5 so perhaps if they used that past connection with Zip in the Darkness series it would explain why she uses him in the Legend series. Lara could find Alistair when she meets with Zip somewhere and they see him getting into a bit too much trouble for him to handle. . . Alistair not having a harmful bone in his body and all and so a trio is born. And if Kurtis lives he can be used again in Legend.

How about we pass on that idea and move on.

Tthe Spirit
02-12-06, 06:24
i believe that they way mercenaries are shot isn't very good... when someone is hit by bullets he should react... get hurt, bleed, scream or shout... besides they must shake of pain.. TR mercenaries never do that... even lara.... in legend she just fell to the ground... besides there should be one shot kills... why not aim at the head... it'll be brilliant...

AOD had nice moves like tugging her legs onto pipes... u can use that, but ofcourse advance it (let it not be in the same slow speed... frustrating).

i believe that shining metal objects and showing us the way is baaaaaaad...
where is our skill....

do not immediately post the walkthrough after the game is released...
give us some time to explore and solve puzzles alone...

the stealth walk and the walk buttons... they exist but we dont use them...
crawling (also like those of AOD)... we saw lara crawling during the final cutscene of khzakhstan, but we dont use it.

jumping and turning body position in air... (in Core TR, we used to press End button on PC)... we should have that back... lara also did it when she was standing on the truck and then she jumped, lifted her self in the air and shot the truck driver... why wont you install such ideas, but we do that instead of a movie... very challenging...

puzzles should be harder and not that easy... they were fun, but so simple...
Grapple was fun, but if you will show us the symbol of when to use it, why did you give lara those technological binoculars... i mean, instead of showing us the grapple sign and telling us the way, let us take time exploring and we'll think hard and investigate an area till we find a good place where we can use it...

keys, levers, switches.... all of those were missing... very few of them in arthur's tomb

balancing in midair while walking on slim ropes or pipes... like TRChronicles... that was fun...

pistols should exist, but not unlimited and that allows u to improve physical combats...

health system shouldnt be that merciful... we never died in the game...

install some fearful areas... spooky and dark places... we never used the light bulb...

more vehicles please... not motorcycles all the time...
i was thinking of a sea adventure...
surfing the waves... riding a jet ski with bombs floating on water... :jmp:

i still have many ideas...

ivannnnn
02-12-06, 08:42
Why should Lara fought with mercenaries??!animals or evil entity not too many! why CD never inspired with Core ??Are CD still fighting with Core??

Holy Water

Rivendell
02-12-06, 08:57
CD were never officially fighting with Core, Ivan.

Crystal have said were getting back our animal enemies in TR:A, and that of course otherworldly creatures exist in TR, but 'perhaps not in this dimension....' - which to me screamed 'Wait until you go to Avalon'.

So wait until you go to Avalon.

Hyper_Crazy
03-12-06, 17:38
I agree with all of dat, but to be honest the mansion should be like tomb raider 1,2 nd 3 , i no in legend its like the films but they should try and keep it like the originals

on the old 1s u would have like 4 levels in 1 place they should bring that bk... ex in tomb raider 1 there was like 4 levels in peru and everywhere else

Rivendell
06-12-06, 19:45
If by anychance Crystal, you have your spies reading this, then I beg you take notice.

After seeing the screenshots of TR:A thusfar, it does look stunning (as expected) and the main waterfall room seems to have quite a bit of depth. Those ledges rise up quite a height, from which Lara could splat delightfully onto the floor by the pool.

So Please, please don't include the blackouts in this game, please..

(I know I know, I'm always saying it - but as it gets closer to release I'm just praying we can watch her splat and lie still...)

LVTR
07-12-06, 20:13
Well said, although, leave out the zombies -- add mummies! And, leave out the romantic scenes! None of that is needed in Tomb Raider!!! Thank you! Agree-no romance! But I like the Classic zombies and mummies. If they make them gross though, I won't like them.

LVTR
07-12-06, 20:26
With over 1000 posts, I figure it's pretty pointless of me to contribute to this thread, but in the off chance I can get some people behind this:

With all the praise heaped on Legend for its adherence to many of the things that made the first game the classic that it is, I'm surprised that there are so many people who like the constant communication between Lara and her two sidekicks, Alister and Zip.

From the get-go, I didn't like this. It was a bad idea, because it robbed the game of the immersion in the environment that was such a huge part of the originals. In Legend, the majesty and imposing character of the environments is downplayed by sidekick banter and wise-cracking, and more importantly, the fact that Lara isn't really ever going it alone, anymore. The solemnity of what the player was doing was a *big* part of the mood of the first game.

One of the things that people tended not to like about the games that succeeded the first Tomb Raider was the increasing dearth of actual tombs (i.e. ancient ruins and natural caverns) being explored, in favor of outdoor environments and modern architecture. It represented a break from the lone explorer vs. ancient history paradigm established in the first game, and similarly, I believe that Lara's talking to geeks in real time as she navigates a lost civilization obliterates a huge part of that paradigm, because Alister and Zip serve to do two things: (1) They remove the "lone" aspect, and (2) they represent an out whenever Lara or the game designers themselves get into trouble (Lara isn't required to rely solely on her wits anymore since she's got a geek with access to Google on hand, and designers can simply fall back on the huge array of resources at Alister's and Zip's disposal to avoid having to come up with creative ways to move the story and game play along).

I was definitely taken out of the experience and mood of Legend with Lara's two sidekicks chatting away in her headset, particularly during the phase of the story that took place in England, where silence from those two would have magnified the mystery and wonder of the burial cavern immensely (as happened so consistently in the original Tomb Raider).

I've no reason to believe you will, Crystal Dynamics, but here's hoping you lose the headset. It's fun on occasion, but having it there all the time detracts from the epic feel of the game.

__
Milo D. Cooper
Senior artist, Sigil Games Online

Nicely written! I think CD should hire you!

LVTR
07-12-06, 20:49
I think Classic TR is gone forever because the 'formula' behind the Classic TR games (TR 1-4) has been compromised and I don't think CD can find it again (and maybe they don't want to find it-who knows?). Other game developers like Ubisoft (Splinter Cell) and Cyan (Myst) have been able to maintain their characters and create game play that meets or exceeds the expectations of their fans and still they make changes with each release that keep the gameplay and storyline interesting. I don't know what happened between Last Revelation and AOD, but something valuable was lost (for me). So, sadly, I don't expect much from the new TR games. :(

konichi-wa
07-12-06, 21:03
i don't know if anyone has said this(i kno i said this in another thread can't remember tho) what if her masion was decorated for the hiliday's. it could tell by the internal clock on the system. Like when it turns december first she gets some "holiday" dacorations

dstone
08-12-06, 16:09
i don't know if anyone has said this(i kno i said this in another thread can't remember tho) what if her masion was decorated for the hiliday's. it could tell by the internal clock on the system. Like when it turns december first she gets some "holiday" dacorations

That's a very good idea, the game would check you windows time, date and timezone, and would change the game to the current time (day or night) and season (spring, fall, summer, winter).
It would make the game more dynamic and be a bit different every time you play it.
:tmb:

RAID
08-12-06, 16:22
If by anychance Crystal, you have your spies reading this, then I beg you take notice.

After seeing the screenshots of TR:A thusfar, it does look stunning (as expected) and the main waterfall room seems to have quite a bit of depth. Those ledges rise up quite a height, from which Lara could splat delightfully onto the floor by the pool.

So Please, please don't include the blackouts in this game, please..

(I know I know, I'm always saying it - but as it gets closer to release I'm just praying we can watch her splat and lie still...)
I'm with you. :) It was fun seeing Lara lying dead until the inventory option appear.

I'd like to add for the millionth time, DO NOT use the Legend gun posture. I really hated it.:(

Tomb Raider Jay
08-12-06, 19:08
Make the bosses bigger!!

I'm currently playing FFX and some of the bosses are huge!

I want the same thing in TR8 :)

Bosses are supposed to be overpowering and scary, make the fights last longer and include puzzle elements in the bosses.
Also, just make them more interesting, the Legend fish boss is one of the worst bosses ever and it's not because the boss itself is really hard but because the same boring pattern to beat it is repeated 4 times in a row!! :(

Think of the bosses in Resi Evil 4, they were brilliant, my palms were sweaty without even picking up the controller, its exciting and scary and fun all rolled into one! - how many people can say that about any of TRs lame bosses, hmm? :confused:

Bosses also need to different to what happens during the usual in-game stuff so I think just basting at bosses should be scrapped and replaced with bosses which require skill and cunning to beat! - not blasts with Lara's pistols and a quick fling of her grapple!! :ohn:

Bosses should be looked forward to at the end of a level, so they need to be fun but challenging at the same time, obviously balancing both of these out is harder than it sounds but if REsi Evil 4 and Capcom can do it the I'm sure you guys at CD can get it done too! :tmb:

Legend 4ever
08-12-06, 21:48
I agree with you!!!

the hooliganz
09-12-06, 03:54
- lesses mercs more animals
- more weapons
- longer levels
- no zip and alister!!

R3JECT
11-12-06, 14:53
Correct only one other thing needs to be done Make the game longer in general legend was way too short i want to be spending hours of my life shouting obcenities at ther screen lol

Mithrandir
11-12-06, 20:36
Harder puzzles and enviroment. There's no need to have just one way through the entire game. Legend was the first game I finished without getting stuck or needed to think, then I got bored and didn't play it again. There's also no need to show me every room in some cut scene. I can look around myself and cut scenes showing everything I can interact with is not my idea of a adventure puzzle game like the Tomb Raider games are all about. Make me look for the way out, don't show it to me.

Reallistic firefights. Bring up more guns and ammo, make the fights reallistic and make sure that we have to think about how much ammo we have left (there's nothing wrong with the infinite ammo pistols but I would leave them out). I have gone through all the Tomb Raider games with just the pistols (exept Angel Of Darkness). Lara should be "forced" to use her arsenal, make the enemies harder so I can't just jump and shoot and jump and shoot. It's much more fun if I have to use the enviroment for cover.

No Zip or Allestair bull****. They are probably the worst idea ever in all of the Tomb Raider games.

There's no need for the playstation reward system on the pc. Picking up rewards to unlock something is fine in the playstation platform but not on the pc. Secrets are ok, it can be good to find some supplies but don't mark it as a secret and then tell me how many secrets I've not yet discovered. Keep the game reallistic, there's nothing wrong with keeping theese old games secrets out of the next generation of computer games.

No bosses. They're just to ruin the game and should be blocked out. Well, if there's no way of getting rid of them, just keep them in the playstation version or just keep an option that let me skip all bosses. Boss battle is one of the worst thing of all games.

Make the games scary. It's fun playing in a dark tomb with maybe mummies or zombies :P. The darker the better, but ofcourse not on every level.

I can't complain about the graphic because my computer can't even handle Legend, there's a lot of lag there. Also the storyline's alright but don't make the main caracters get in a fight with lara except in a cut scene or something. I don't like bosses!

If next game will be combinations of all the things I want in a Tomb Raider game I will personally buy a new computer to be able to play it and ofcourse I will buy the game itself. But ofcourse ones opinion doesn't matter and I doubt that any of the Tomb Raider games developer will read this, but if you do try to keep some of these ideas in mind, even though you're trying to get to the younger generation who probably have some other ideas.

Greetings from Iceland.

Mithrandir.

Rivendell
11-12-06, 20:49
Some good suggestions there Mithrandir! :)

By the way... This Thread (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=80615) might interest you ;)

Mithrandir
11-12-06, 21:15
Some good suggestions there Mithrandir! :)

By the way... This Thread (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=80615) might interest you ;)

Hehehehe, good idea and thanks for pointing out the thread, although I don't think I need to join an alliance :P.

Thanks for the compliment :).

Mithrandir.

TRF
12-12-06, 23:43
Harder puzzles and enviroment. There's no need to have just one way through the entire game. Legend was the first game I finished without getting stuck or needed to think, then I got bored and didn't play it again. There's also no need to show me every room in some cut scene. I can look around myself and cut scenes showing everything I can interact with is not my idea of a adventure puzzle game like the Tomb Raider games are all about. Make me look for the way out, don't show it to me.

Reallistic firefights. Bring up more guns and ammo, make the fights reallistic and make sure that we have to think about how much ammo we have left (there's nothing wrong with the infinite ammo pistols but I would leave them out). I have gone through all the Tomb Raider games with just the pistols (exept Angel Of Darkness). Lara should be "forced" to use her arsenal, make the enemies harder so I can't just jump and shoot and jump and shoot. It's much more fun if I have to use the enviroment for cover.

No Zip or Allestair bull****. They are probably the worst idea ever in all of the Tomb Raider games.

There's no need for the playstation reward system on the pc. Picking up rewards to unlock something is fine in the playstation platform but not on the pc. Secrets are ok, it can be good to find some supplies but don't mark it as a secret and then tell me how many secrets I've not yet discovered. Keep the game reallistic, there's nothing wrong with keeping theese old games secrets out of the next generation of computer games.

No bosses. They're just to ruin the game and should be blocked out. Well, if there's no way of getting rid of them, just keep them in the playstation version or just keep an option that let me skip all bosses. Boss battle is one of the worst thing of all games.

Make the games scary. It's fun playing in a dark tomb with maybe mummies or zombies :P. The darker the better, but ofcourse not on every level.

I can't complain about the graphic because my computer can't even handle Legend, there's a lot of lag there. Also the storyline's alright but don't make the main caracters get in a fight with lara except in a cut scene or something. I don't like bosses!

If next game will be combinations of all the things I want in a Tomb Raider game I will personally buy a new computer to be able to play it and ofcourse I will buy the game itself. But ofcourse ones opinion doesn't matter and I doubt that any of the Tomb Raider games developer will read this, but if you do try to keep some of these ideas in mind, even though you're trying to get to the younger generation who probably have some other ideas.

Greetings from Iceland.

Mithrandir.

What did you just say?? No rewards on PC?? Oh just joking right??
Whatever they make on PS2, should also be on PC and the other systems. It's ONE game, so ONE story, and ONE with the other game systems.

Mithrandir
13-12-06, 08:55
What did you just say?? No rewards on PC?? Oh just joking right??
Whatever they make on PS2, should also be on PC and the other systems. It's ONE game, so ONE story, and ONE with the other game systems.

No I'm not joking. If I would be joking I would have said so in my first answer. In my opinion there's no need for reward system. I play the game on pc and pc only so why should I care if they add a reward system on other systems? The story of the game is not connected with gameplay, rewards like secrets are NOT part of story. That should NOT chance the game story, gameplay or anything that matters.

fondantcookie
13-12-06, 09:23
No I'm not joking. If I would be joking I would have said so in my first answer. In my opinion there's no need for reward system. I play the game on pc and pc only so why should I care if they add a reward system on other systems? The story of the game is not connected with gameplay, rewards like secrets are NOT part of story. That should NOT chance the game story, gameplay or anything that matters.

Where's the logic in removing one of the few features that actually increase replayability in an already unacceptably short game?

Mithrandir
13-12-06, 20:14
Where's the logic in removing one of the few features that actually increase replayability in an already unacceptably short game?

Why do you say that future games will be uacceptably short? Do you have any evidence for that?

The logic is that rewards like secrets do not give any tension in the game. They are not releated to the game in any way. They are a dissapointment and should be erased from all pc games. Why not increase story line or put more effort in the game enviroment than some dissapointing secrets which you don't even need?

I for one do not play games again for their secrets and I think that a lot of people agree with me.

Rivendell
13-12-06, 21:54
Here's a suggestion:

Drop the Interactive Cutscenes entirely. They DO NOT Belong in Tomb Raider.

fruity croft
14-12-06, 07:08
i also agree!
a few more things;
* add better vehicle sections such as driving a Jeep
* make it a little bit scarier
* explain what happened in tr4

yes to the scarier part i loved the mummys in tr 1 as they still scare me now lol :p

LaraLover1125
16-12-06, 19:37
Don't hold back like in Legend! Legend WAS great! One of my favorites, in fact. But, you guys held back! I want to see realism -- yet magicism -- like we've never seen before! (Nothing like AOD -- ugh!) I want to see blood! TR1 had more blood than Legend! When we knock a wall down, I want to see the broken wall still lying there on the floor -- realism!

Don't be afraid to go for an "M" rating! You will get just as many sales! For example, Prince of Persia 1 was childish -- they lost their boundaries -- they sold more! Do the same! Lara is an adult -- prove it! I don't mean show her naked!!! NEVER show her naked! She's too much of a lady for such things!

Never have her fall in love. She doesn't have time! We want an adventure, not a romance tale! Never kill her! Never have her have any idiot kids! If I ever see Lilly Croft Tomb Raider, I will DIE! That's dumb! Just keep making the games! Don't age her! Immortalize her in gaming!

I want a 20 hour long game -- not the whole 3 hours Legend takes! If that means holding the game back a year, I can wait! Make it as good as possible! Give Eidos a harder time than they're giving you about deadlines! I know it's hard -- push yourselves to the limit. It will be tiring, but you'll feel an unimaginable amount of accomplshment when you're done!

Hyper_Crazy
16-12-06, 21:31
NO interactive cutscenes
Less Mercenaries
Not a one way road
Expanded Manor/Mansion
Bring the old Flip/Roll Back [TR1-6]
Old Backpack
Braid [Sorry if people have heard this to many times]
Ring Inventory [Bottomless Backpack]
More Weapons

ivannnnn
17-12-06, 08:13
I HATE LEGEND!!

except outfit selection,it's the best part of TR for me

krycekuva
17-12-06, 09:05
i love legend,..

except for the outfit selection, it was dumb,..

no mercs, more mythological creatures,..

more action,

less interactive cutscenes,

fmv?, sure why not, long leves,

missions and submissions if the player wantsthem,.. give the choise to choose if we want to play it long or not,.. let the people decide by gaming if the choosing a new path is better than the regular sure one,...

change her clothers but,. no outfit selection,.. andlet her be thought,..

i dont mind laras path,.. but im concerned about laras future,... never age her,.. :) james bond never do,...

ivannnnn
17-12-06, 09:08
For me outfit selections make you all aren't bored :)

TRF
17-12-06, 16:04
What do I want in the next Tomb Raider.

1- Training level in the manor to learn the controls of the game befor you even can go on a 'mission'

2- Better, bigger and tougher puzzles.

3- Not only animals; but also human enemies

4- Also let the butler on the headset.

5- Make the levels and the game longer.

6- Make us explore more tombs.

7- Also keep the subtitles, but make it also in Dutch.

8- Make it more *** !!!scary!!!.

9- Use background music. But when it needed to be scary, let the other music be harder then the background.

10- Keep the jokes on the headset. I like those.

11- Bring back the Puzzle Items.

12- Make the levels less linear.

13- Make the deaths like the first Tomb Raider Games.

14- More vehicles, like a jeep, bike, mine wagon.

15- Let Lara hold more weapons.

16- Let Lara do more acrobatic moves.

17- Make Lara climb on a ledge, not jump on it.

18- Keep the grapple, but when it’s not attached correctly, it will let go, because of the weight of Lara.

19- Add A level Editor.

see this thread to discuse. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=82238

da tomb raider!
18-12-06, 15:01
I HATE LEGEND!!

:D :D

TRF
18-12-06, 21:54
I also like lara to be able to shoot when she is climbing on a rope or ladder possibly while rock climb with little direction to shoot from. or something like that.

What do you think.

amiro1989
19-12-06, 17:55
Realistic weather effects:
Fog,thunderstorm,snow,etc.

K.J
23-12-06, 01:30
I HATE LEGEND!!

except outfit selection,it's the best part of TR for me

This is a suggestion thread for Tomb Raider 8, not another Legend bashing thread. At least keep the bashing in the Legend forum.

ivannnnn
23-12-06, 08:51
LONG LIVE OUTFIT SELECTIONS!!!! :yah:

TRF
27-12-06, 09:29
I also think, ?Will she ever be tired? So because of this, i think she need a bar to messeur her tiredness. (sorry for the spelling)
But it recharge really fast. It lara right.

dox online
27-12-06, 11:21
braid selection!

main braid bun unlock another by beating the main game goal

tomblover
27-12-06, 11:27
braid selection!

main braid bun unlock another by beating the main game goal I do kind of like that idea.

danitiwa
27-12-06, 11:29
WAY longer than Legend would be nice :wve
NO MORE BLACKOUTS WHEN LARA DIES
No more ragdoll effect, I want to hear Lara's bones crack like in the old games
Keep all the cool moves and flips like in legend, maybe add some? :)
I would like more old fashioned traps, like spikes, rolling boulders, squeezing walls, more indiana jones-type traps. :)
Add more challenging opponents, like monsters, mutants, stuff like that. we could have some mercenaries on like a few levels, but PLEASE don't make us fight humans all the time like in Legend? That just makes it a normal shootout game.

And Braid/hairstlye selection is a cool idea. :) For all the girls who like to accesorize...and KEEP THE UNLOCKABLE OUTFITS those were cool. :wve:

Angel_14
27-12-06, 11:38
Longer and harder game
Bring back her bad ass personality, we saw in TR1
Bigger mansion
I don't mind the headset, but make Zip ans Alister say more useful things (i.e. The history of the artifact, and not 'Whooo-hooo!'s and 'Yeah, baby, do that again!' quips)
Less human enemies, more weird creatures
Less unlockable outfits. (Come on, five recolors of ONE outfit? That so not original)
Interactive cutscenes: Make it harder, or drop it
A off/on option for the headset
Unlimited backpack
Don't mix history with personal life. That's so unoriginal. If Legend wouldn't have the Lara's mother thing, I would have liked it 100X better

Mad Tony
27-12-06, 11:38
And Braid/hairstlye selection is a cool idea. :) For all the girls who like to accesorize...and KEEP THE UNLOCKABLE OUTFITS those were cool. :wve:
Umm...no. :rolleyes:
Hair selection is even worse. :hea:

Supernova
27-12-06, 11:42
I just have to post in here

- Obviously a longer game, much longer, as long as TR3 or TR4 at least
- More challenging, but still logical, sometimes in the old games you would advance and still had no idea how you solved a puzzle sometimes lol
- Limit the headset talking to the cutscenes
- More weapons
- No more limited backpack, I don't need an unlimited one either, but it just has to be bigger then the one from legend
- Lost more animals
- The mansion has to be bigger, I love the mansion from Legend, but it would be nice to have more rooms
- No fade out when Lara dies
- If using a vehicle only use it once, the bike was used to often

And just keep up the good work that was done with Legend, because I love it

Mad Tony
27-12-06, 11:45
My suggestions for the game are:

Just make it exactly like the classics.

dox online
27-12-06, 12:09
or like diffrent braids for diffrent places
just classic hair though

and core and crystal team up in this game to develop tombermonium.(becose i loved crystals pandamonium).

Rivendell
28-12-06, 18:16
[LIST]

No more ragdoll effect, I want to hear Lara's bones crack like in the old games

I'm pretty sure Ragdoll is part of the physics engine, so that's not going anywhere - the best we can hope for is for a more fatal sound when she hits the ground.

I personally love ragdoll; seeing enemies and Lara fall flailing to their doom is great! And bouncing in a crippling way when they land is great! :jmp:

da tomb raider!
29-12-06, 18:58
My suggestions for the game are:

Just make it exactly like the classics.

Sounds good! :tmb:

Hyper_Crazy
29-12-06, 19:08
Nothing can beat the classics

Leo_Legend
29-12-06, 19:16
Nothing can beat the classics

You don't know that. For all you know TR8 could be miles better than the first tomb raider. Im not saying it will be and I know it probably wont be by a longshot. But thats no reason to start the whole "lets just go and play Tomb Raider one till our eyes fall out!" rant

Hyper_Crazy
29-12-06, 19:18
You don't know that. For all you know TR8 could be miles better than the first tomb raider. Im not saying it will be and I know it probably wont be by a longshot. But thats no reason to start the whole "lets just go and play Tomb Raider one till our eyes fall out!" rant

Um did I say that

trfan1981
30-12-06, 00:18
I liked the almost RPG like style of AOD. Based on what you did in the game lara gets stronger or can run faster etc. I think they should expand on that more. It was a good idea that was not developed very well.

They definatly need to beef up computer AI. There were too many points in the original games where you could stand on a ledge and basically shoot fish in a barrel. If the enemies could actually "think" a little it would make game play more interesting.

Bring back the ochestral sound tracks. I think won of the things that put TR I on the map was not only its amazing sound / theme songs was the fact that it seemlessly mirrored the action and set the mood for the game. For heavens sake, Bring It Back!!

Fix the camera! In the past few TR games I've spent more time controlling the camera then anything else

Less cut scenes - more game play

What if there were a way to interact with the enviornment more. For example if rather than having to pump 200 rounds into an enemy, you could some how use the environment. Have them fall off a legde, drown, If they are chsing you, they could be led through some of the booby traps and get caught in them as well. Making dealing with the enemies a puzzle in it self. I miss the games that make you use your mind a little as well as dish up the action

WhosaidAODwasbad
30-12-06, 02:07
I'm pretty sure Ragdoll is part of the physics engine, so that's not going anywhere - the best we can hope for is for a more fatal sound when she hits the ground.

I personally love ragdoll; seeing enemies and Lara fall flailing to their doom is great! And bouncing in a crippling way when they land is great! :jmp:

Rivendell have you heard of the new physics engine for next gen Indiana games and Starwars, one part is called euphoria(this is for enemy A.I. and there physics). Possibly CD and Eidos can get this for TR8 all they need to do is get Eidos to license it out thru Lucas Arts!

Besides the point, its super realistic and cool enemies are no longer just dummies when hit neither are the main character or other AI! Enemies will strive to fight for freedom and life, for example imagine raptors jumping on a T-rex the Raptors will hold on to dear life clinging even if they are flinged around. Say a bad guy gets pushed off a building or even out a window they will try there hardest to grab on to anything! So no more ragdoll effects ever hit for example lara will take will be different but not determintle she would strive to keep stand as would her enemies, wolves, bears, bats!

It sounds really cool don't it!

trfan1981
30-12-06, 10:28
Still on the RPG thing, but that would also be a reason to utilize lara's mansion and partake in some 'mini-games' - to build up her skills to some degree.

However, I don't think there needs to be a lot of time spent during the game building here skills. But I perhaps there are some levels that pose some daunting challenges, maybe you would have to return to lara's mansion and there would be a different obstacle course set up for you to master before you could proceed. or there were an "ancient' game set up for you on the level for you to win before you could proceed.

Also, i know there was a similar topic some where, but do away with some of the obviousness in the levels. The objects that shine / flash took away from the exploration aspect.

I the idea of TR I when you would enter into a new area, lara ( the camera ) would look in a particular direction to give you the idea - HEY there is something you need to do over here.

dox online
30-12-06, 10:39
what about a playble pause menu being the tr1 lara and have the same tr1 moves?

Rivendell
30-12-06, 10:45
Rivendell have you heard of the new physics engine for next gen Indiana games and Starwars, one part is called euphoria(this is for enemy A.I. and there physics). Possibly CD and Eidos can get this for TR8 all they need to do is get Eidos to license it out thru Lucas Arts!

Besides the point, its super realistic and cool enemies are no longer just dummies when hit neither are the main character or other AI! Enemies will strive to fight for freedom and life, for example imagine raptors jumping on a T-rex the Raptors will hold on to dear life clinging even if they are flinged around. Say a bad guy gets pushed off a building or even out a window they will try there hardest to grab on to anything! So no more ragdoll effects ever hit for example lara will take will be different but not determintle she would strive to keep stand as would her enemies, wolves, bears, bats!

It sounds really cool don't it!

:eek: It must be the one of my dreams :jmp: Is it the one they're using in the following video, I seem to remember something about the AI trying to cling on and save itself!

TPBPYexEEoA

what about a playble pause menu being the tr1 lara and have the same tr1 moves?

And what do you mean by the first part Dox? The 'playable pause menu being TR1 Lara' ?

dox online
30-12-06, 10:54
yes like you have to pick up the words that lead to that option

Rivendell
30-12-06, 10:59
Sorry, I still don't understand. :confused:

Pick up words?

dox online
30-12-06, 11:07
Sorry, I still don't understand. :confused:

Pick up words?
pick up the options to go to that bit

rejectedpunk9
02-01-07, 15:43
-make it scarier
-zip and alister need to go, origionally lara raids tombs on her own
-have 1 specific training level, like the mansion gym, not hints and tips throughout
-have more challenging secrets
-make the mansion more like the origionals, like in tr1-3
-i liked it when the title screen background changed depending on what level you were on, keep that:tmb:

thats it:D

TRF
02-01-07, 22:10
add blood and gore... Please

skribb
05-01-07, 23:26
Blood and gore would be welcomed addition to this wonderful game series.

Also, fix Lara's knees! Don't know what I'm talking about? Take a look below:

Karima's are normal, regular legs, with properly sized knees. Notice how the leg is almost a straight chunk of flesh - like a tree trunk:
http://www.xenealoxia.org/ft/images/lara_karima.jpg

And now, look to the left! The knee joints are... bent inwards? Yup, that's right. CD, fix this, please. It's annoying as hell!

Joseph
06-01-07, 00:40
Not annoying to me! Lara's knees are perfect for a cartoon figure; cartoon figures abide to their own anatomical laws. :tmb: Never compare a cartoon with a photo of a real person. ;)

TR freak
06-01-07, 08:57
add blood and gore... Please

Gore is a bit extreme imo. I wouldn't mind a little bit of blood like previous games so you know when you are hitting the enemy but no I dont want gore.

TR freak
06-01-07, 09:05
i think CD should add RE4 replayability. When you complete the game you unlock new weapons and alternate game modes. Perhaps a side game where you play as a seperate character, her tomb raiding rival in the game for example. Of course the main focus has to be on the main game but RE4 proves you can have a brilliant main game and also a brilliant side game (seperate ways) worth many more hours of gameplay. Sorry about the double post.

dark_angel_7
06-01-07, 16:44
Here is my suggestion list ;

1. Keep Legend engine but make it better so the graphics look like Crytek's CryEngine2!!!

2.Wheather changes should be put into the game (I mean come on, you're always goping on about realism)

3. Longer game-length : 8 levels just isn't enough for years of production!

4. Harder gameplay, it's great that you can change difficulty setting but maybe you should make it difficult anyway (only slightly though :) )

5. Kill Allistair, leave Zip.

6. Improve AI - Legend's AI was great but ther's always room for improvement ;)

7. More weapons - I know TR has never really been about gunfights but more gun choice would be handy.

8. Keep the backpack system the same, I like it! :D

9. Put some new, unique things in the game.

10. Get rid of 'interactive cutscenes' they were just wrong. :(

11. A few more unlockables please, I loved the unlockables in Legend!

There you go, those are my ideas. I hope CD pay attention to what I, and many, many other people have said.

Treasures
06-01-07, 21:19
I think the mansion should stay!!! Now, the only reason I'm not saying I want this and this... Oh, yeah, and this!! Is because I'm open to Tomb Raider. Whatever happens will happen. Whatever will come will come. I'm open to any Tomb Raider adventure! The only exception is the MANOR HAS TO STAY!! Please??

TR freak
07-01-07, 13:32
I wouldn't say the mansion is a must, but it is a great addition to the game. Look at TR4, easily the best TR ever and one of the best games of all time imo and yet no mansion. However sometimes the mansion saves a game. Take TR3 for example (this is my opinion and I know TR3 lovers will completely disagree), it hasn't got a very fun main game and is more frustrating than it is fun, in other words its too hard for its own good. But it has an amazing mansion that keeps you coming back and for me it saves the game from being worse than legend. I think a mansion is a brilliant addition but not essential. Fucus mainly on the main game and then work on the mansion.

PARANOIA
07-01-07, 13:53
Seeing as how Crystal Dynamics took my previous suggestion with little more than a quick fly-by, I've decided to post a new one.

O' CD, if you pass on all of these great requests, at least take some consideration into this one:

* Tomb Raider with a new main character
* Tomb Raider with a sidekick
* Tomb Raider with no complicated puzzles, just hordes of enemies, and maybe a few pullswitches
* Tomb Raider that can get completed in 15 minutes
* Tomb Raider where the controls are entirely linear, and the player is prevented from deviating from an objective path
* Tomb Raider with the added element of stealth

This is what I want to see.
I wouldn't be surprised if a CD representative responded to this.

skribb
07-01-07, 14:14
Not annoying to me! Lara's knees are perfect for a cartoon figure; cartoon figures abide to their own anatomical laws. :tmb: Never compare a cartoon with a photo of a real person. ;)

I never did. Lara's not a cartoon, she's a three-dimensional game character. (Which is supposed to be lifelike, right? Massive tits and scrumptious hips aside.)

PARANOIA
07-01-07, 14:21
She's actually supposed to appeal aesthetically to players. Stumpy legs don't appeal to me as much.

Joseph
07-01-07, 15:03
Seeing as how Crystal Dynamics took my previous suggestion with little more than a quick fly-by, Sorry i must have missed something. Where did that happen? :confused:

O' CD, if you pass on all of these great requests, at least take some consideration into this one:

* Tomb Raider with a new main character
* Tomb Raider with a sidekick
* Tomb Raider with no complicated puzzles, just hordes of enemies, and maybe a few pullswitches
* Tomb Raider that can get completed in 15 minutes
* Tomb Raider where the controls are entirely linear, and the player is prevented from deviating from an objective path
* Tomb Raider with the added element of stealth
You're :cen: joking, right? :D

PARANOIA
07-01-07, 15:05
My suggestion was about 50 pages ago.

I'm trying to see if C.D. will actually respond to this. I'm testing my theory of reverse psychology.

Joseph
08-01-07, 00:06
I never did. Lara's not a cartoon, she's a three-dimensional game character. (Which is supposed to be lifelike, right? Massive tits and scrumptious hips aside.)
I suppose you have always been VERY unpleased with how Lara looked then.

TR4 Lara:

http://www.jozefdekkers.nl/Trforum/Trclassic/tr4_Lara.JPG

(...)
Also, fix Lara's knees! Don't know what I'm talking about? Take a look below:

Karima's are normal, regular legs, with properly sized knees. Notice how the leg is almost a straight chunk of flesh - like a tree trunk:
http://www.xenealoxia.org/ft/images/lara_karima.jpg

And now, look to the left! The knee joints are... bent inwards? Yup, that's right. CD, fix this, please. It's annoying as hell!

skribb
08-01-07, 09:21
I suppose you have always been VERY unpleased with how Lara looked then.

TR4 Lara:

http://www.jozefdekkers.nl/Trforum/Trclassic/tr4_Lara.JPG

Well, yes. :(

rejectedpunk9
08-01-07, 10:44
i would like there to be a massive mansion where you can explore outside and enter all the rooms inside and her origional blue outfit and no winston grunting and farting every 20 seconds and the option of having pistols in the house =]

please?:D

Legend of Lara
08-01-07, 12:58
I have a great idea of a boss battle. Lara is in a big circular area with no guns and just a ton of flares and a near-barrety drained flashlight. Amanda then arrives and unleashed tons of mini-monsters like Fluffy in TRL. The monsters can only be eliminated by light. How tense would that be? :D