PDA

View Full Version : Official Tomb Raider 8 Suggestion Thread For Attention Of Crystal Dynamics

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

chambs1
11-01-07, 22:18
If anyone reads this:
-Make Lara as realistic as the game models in Crysis, anything less would be disappointing given the capabilities of DirectX10.
-Make the level design as dense and detailed as Crysis- lots of trees, shrubs, leaves, different sunlight effects, etc.
-A bigger mansion with plenty of outdoor areas to explore.
-You're on the right track, just keep raising the bar in terms of graphics and gameplay and people will buy the game.
-Oh, and make it l-o-n-g and very challenging.

chambs1
14-01-07, 03:40
To add: Someone else mentioned this, but it would be cool if we had weather- like rain and snow and hurricanes and things like that.

New2Ya
14-01-07, 20:36
I see this totally happen:

I want a city level. Not like AOD cities, that was garbage. No, I want it to be similar to the Bike-levels in Legend. But this time, I want Lara to escape or to persuit an enemy.

What does she need to drive in? Let's use a NICEEEE car. A Mercedes, an Audi, a Lamborghini or even a Porsche! Lara is rich, she likes nice cars to drive. Lets give her a beauty that fits her own beauty. :)

A black Porsche... SEXY!!

xeth004
15-01-07, 18:34
The following suggestion of mine would be kinda strange but.....
So it's about Lara's dialogues thru headset. I didn't mind the conversation thru it, even there was too much sometimes. What I didn't like was when Lara talked while she was pole swingin', jumping, etc. Someone couldn't even speak during these kind of activities I suppose. But if it is necessary to talk she should has a different, more exhausted voice. I think that could be solved. For example these dialogues could be recorded twice: once with a normal mood, and once again the same phrase with the "struggling voice". And in the game when Lara grabs a pole or something just smoothly switches from the "original voice track" to the "exhausted". Or something like that you know. It's maybe a stupid idea and not so necessary, but if I saw/heard that for the first time during gameplay I'd say
something like: WOOAAAAAAAAA...

chambs1
16-01-07, 02:24
The following suggestion of mine would be kinda strange but.....
So it's about Lara's dialogues thru headset. I didn't mind the conversation thru it, even there was too much sometimes. What I didn't like was when Lara talked while she was pole swingin', jumping, etc. Someone couldn't even speak during these kind of activities I suppose. But if it is necessary to talk she should has a different, more exhausted voice. I think that could be solved. For example these dialogues could be recorded twice: once with a normal mood, and once again the same phrase with the "struggling voice". And in the game when Lara grabs a pole or something just smoothly switches from the "original voice track" to the "exhausted". Or something like that you know. It's maybe a stupid idea and not so necessary, but if I saw/heard that for the first time during gameplay I'd say
something like: WOOAAAAAAAAA...

I agree one hundred percent. I thought the same exact thing.

YvesSL
16-01-07, 14:20
Not Scary!

PARANOIA
16-01-07, 20:08
Not Scary!

Why not?

bovingdon
17-01-07, 18:35
I agree make levels much much longer.
I finished this game soooo quickly! :o(
The graphics I feel are still too jagged! Much better rendering needed like Resident Evil 4 the best I have seen yet. Much more detail please.
After playing RE4 these look really polished and artistically Fab!

If Capcom can do it so can you guys!

More puzzles please please please!
The puzzles were what made it for me in the early days. Remember those lovely levers with a little video clip. Ok not huge levers now but you get the idea. Things that do other things elsewhere and gets your mind going.
Tomb Raider is an adventure game and should be totally mystical, ambient, and a memorable experience therefore not too many human type badies, more natural traps please.
Get rid of those horible hints!! Tomb raider fans do not need this.

I've said my peace, and await!!!

Thanks

Terminatorvs
19-01-07, 08:52
I can't tell CDs what to do and how to improve the story. Firstly, because I don't have the designer's skills, secondly, because I'm not in charge. CDs own the franchise now - they are the gamemasters, Lara is their pawn - they control her fate. Whatever game they make next, I'll have to accept it as much as I accepted all previous games.
But I can suggest optimizing the levels. I've read a technical review on the game and played around a bit with the wireframe mode. And I noticed, that the engine draws areas, which are not seen because of being blocked. You can point the camera at a solid wall, and the game will be lagging, because it draws all those polis behind the wall. There should have been geometry objects that would have blocked the view, so the engine wouldn't draw the needless polis, and the performance would have been better.

GeckoKid
21-01-07, 16:51
i just want those mercs look less ugly than they are (and how they all look the same) if they exist in TR8... and people to look more different generally. oh and the animals... ewww

AmericanAssassin
21-01-07, 16:53
No more revealing outfits. It was good for Legend, but no more...PLEASE!!!

chameleon
21-01-07, 23:27
In this post I’d like to present my vision of TR8. I’ll try to make it as comprehensive as possible, I’ll incorporate different ideas from the forums and add my own. Just to introduce myself, I am a Tomb Raider fan since 1996 when I first played two TR demo levels again and again, amazed at how great the game environment was. I loved Indy Jones as a kid and I live the trilogy now and Tomb Rider represented the same genere. That’s what I call “special TR feeling”. I think Legend was great, I guess CD were successful in bringing something back. Unfortunately, it was obscured by hi-tech technology (wretched headset and not-so-cool magnetic grapple for example), easiness of gameplay and the feeling that we’re led by a hand. IMO these’re also killers of the first TR movie. A lot of people don’t like the new control system with the autograb. I like this feature and (don’t kill me here!) I find playing in old TR quite frustrating when it comes to controls. And believe me, back than (TR 1-5) I couldn’t believe better controls could exist. But in Legend we didn’t have those crazy time puzzles in which every second counted. We didn’t have the situation in which the craziest of jumps would turn out to be the right move. Etc., etc. We had a nice story, great cinematics (I am a great fan of FMVs and cut scenes, too), wonderful graphics (although IMO wild places like Ghana and Boliva and tombs looked much more detailed, much better that Japan or Kazachstan), we also had a new spirit, vigor and quick action. And the worst of all – old TRs took A LOT of time to complete. They were massive and huge. All in all Legend was too hi-tech, too easy and too short. In some ways, Legend was too perfect.

So now, what about TR8? No hi-tech. I prefer Lara’s old-school outfits, more like original shorts & vest (weren’t the shorts leather in the original?), wetsuit, leather jacket, glasses than modern catsuits and so. Don’t get me wrong, catsuit’s great, but it’s TR, not Matrix. I loved the idea with a dress, though – nice change. Ok, Lara’s rough, her outfit has to be rough too, old-school and practical. Give her a bigger backpack, possibly from the army surplus, give her a rope with a hook instead of the magnetic thing, make her look like Lara climbing with a rope on her arm (like on the cover of one of the medusa mask comic books). Make climbing more interactive, make it a puzzle in itself, in next-gen you could make a player decide which way she’ll climb a rock cliff. Make the right path random. Make it challenging. Let us use a rope. You can give her a simple flashlight, but the torch is even better. Let her drive a bike and old jeeps, trucks, maybe even a tank, but make it rough. Make combat more interactive, include interaction with the environment (like in the Emperor’s Tomb), so you can hit enemies with things like stones or bottles. Give us a possibility to fight hand to hand. Make combat FUN and a challenge.

Give her back her old bio. She’s a rebel, she’s a mercenary, she’s a trasure hunter. She might kill for information, but she’s also got class. She’s not sweet. Introduce dialogues, but such in which you would try to obtain certain information from other people. Here you can introduce quests, more like RPG style. I read about freedom a’la GTA in future TR. It might work. Each level would be a huge and complex location. Imagine African village surrounded by the jungle, swamps, river and the undiscovered temple somewhere out there. It’s all one, HUGE level. Let’s say she was trying to get there with a bout and it crashed on rocks. Introduce survival element, like she’s got to make a fire or at least camp. Let us find a machete to fight our way thru the jungle. Make her tired, so she act’s with less energy. You can go everywhere, so you can get from the river to the village or to the swamp. In each location you encounter NPCs, you can talk with them, get quests – some of them being obligatory, some of them not – let’s say you cam team up with certain characters in the game (but you don’t have to). There’s a shaman living in the swamps, in the village there’s a Westerner, an anthropologist, who’s conducting fieldwork among the tribe, he can act as Lara’s translator. But can she trust him? Here come the dialogues. Let her follow him, when he goes somewhere in the night, only with his flashlight. Etc. Than let her fight with crocs in the swamp, let her fight with knife only.

The game would consist of a few massive complex levels like this. It wouldn’t be linear. Have you ever played in Blade Runner? The computer always randomly selected who’ll be a replicant and who a human in the next game. It was always different, the characters acted differently, there were around 7 TOTALLY different endings. In case of TR8 you could achieve the main goal differently, as you could 1) complete quests in each massive level differently, 2) the computer could always randomly choose quests for each location, 3) you would have different relation with characters along the way.

As far as the plot is concerned, I think it’s a must to show HOW SHE SURVIED THE FALL in the Pyramid! Ok I don’t like this whole Avalon-mother thing, way too sentimental. I want to go back to the end of TR4. Let’s say the game would start with the intro showing the end of TR4 with current graphics and possibly telling more details about Lara and von Croy. Than we see PRESENT Lara holding von Croy’s hand, as he’s about to fall down from a cliff somewhere in West Africa. And than we go back in time, to see Lara going up this river to the undiscovered temple we spoke about before… Along the game we get closer to the moment with von Croy and Lara holding him, we also get to know more and more about how she survived. Introduce von Croy into the gameplay, dialogues with let some more psychology in. Why, in the end let us choose weather to hold him or to let him fall. Of course the background for all this is another big archeological mystery with a treasure involved. There’s action and exploration, loads of interaction and complicated puzzles involving collecting objects and talking with people. What I like about TR4 was that it was quite realistic in terms of locations. And it was all one area. I’d like to see only Africa in TR8, maybe also Spain or somewhere else on Mediterranean coast (a yacht level perhaps?), but all real. One massive level with modern African city like Bamako or Lagos, with it’s fallout-like architecture and contrasts, jungle level and also desert driving level. Imagine that you actually have to navigate thru the Sahara from a big city to a small village in the desert to speak with an old man who might know something… Make Lara visit an Embassy, or make her in need for help from a British Embassy and after a denial make us get inside and get what we need. There’re plenty of ideas for more modern locations. When it comes to wild things… temples, villages, jungles, mountains, whatever you want! Add changing weather, too.

So, to sum up: Lara’s an old-school Indy Jones-like adventurer/mercenary/treasure hunter who’s a rebel with a great amount of class. The game is NOT linear, has different endings, gives a great sense of freedom, introduces dialogue, relationships with NPCs (you can make them like you or not), quests and sub-quests (additional levels involved), teaming up, a lot of puzzles, exploring and TOMBS.

Sorry for the length of this, I hope it makes for a good start! :jmp:

AmericanAssassin
22-01-07, 00:14
^ I'm too lazy to read that HUGE comment! LOL! ^

Terminatorvs
22-01-07, 08:51
Chameleon, what you describe is an RPG. I doubt, that's a good idea - TR was always an action/adventure.

aussie500
22-01-07, 09:28
Von Croy is dead, so he will not be appearing in the flesh in any future games, possibly they could do something to explain the Last Revelation ending in Tomb Raider 9 but l doubt they will be bringing up any history not related to the Legend storyline in Tomb Raider 8. And no l am happy with Tomb Raider as it is, l do not want it to be like Blade Runner or GTA or any other game, especially not any RPG game. Tomb Raider is a modern day adventure game, if l wanted some other type of game l would play the other game. Since most of Lara's new adventures will be set in the present that means using modern gadgets, also l am not really after that much realism in my Tomb Raider games. l am playing it for fun and to explore, bit of puzzle solving and the occasional fight, not chopping down half a forest with a machete. Yes Legend was to easy and to short, apart from that l liked it just fine

chameleon
22-01-07, 20:05
aussie500 -> I know von Croy is dead. I'd rather treat AOD as "something" in between, I wouldn't include it into the mainstream Lara's story. The game barely had a hint of that special TR feeling. It was more like a thriller than adventure story. Wrong genre! And I don't want TR to BE GTA or Blade Runner. But I guess CD could take inspiration from those to, as they exemplify great freedom and non-linear plot, things many would welcome in TR.

As I said, Lara's supposed to be rough, she was way too sentimental in Legend, in fact what REALLY annoyed me in TRL was the mother-thing and also the Avalon, not-so-ancient and kind of forced idea. I'd rather see real-life locations + fictional artefacts/temples and so.

Terminatorvs -> and if it was nex-gen TPP RPG + action/adventure as we know it?

dannybeef
23-01-07, 00:50
the mansion i think they should get rid oof it and bring back the old mansion the one in tr1,2,3 its kinda looks like the one in the film now or its gone more that way stick to the old mansion! when tr4 came out and they was no mansion i was sooo gutted!

irjudd
24-01-07, 20:11
One problem I have (I didn't check the older pages in this topic if this has been mentioned) is that whole "ragdoll" thing that happens when Lara dies. You know, how upon death she just slides and rolls around limply. I actually liked the way the classics handled an on-ground (meaning, not falling into a trap) death; a gasp of pain, then fall over.
I know the body does go limp, but it seemed over the top most of the time.

Ultimate_Lara
30-01-07, 02:51
I agree with everything Pablo.CT says!
But I can't afford a PS3 so can't they make it on PS2 and Xbox too, for all of us that can't get those $700AUD machines! :(

rewak
30-01-07, 03:25
I agree with American Assasin, for the love of god no more stupid revealing outfits. I have no desire to play as Lara in a bikini thanks.

Shark_Blade
30-01-07, 04:45
^are you male or female? :)

asenia
31-01-07, 14:18
Develop a boss? In what way?....

Do away with the whole concept of the boss. They are there only to make the game more difficult than it is as the designers had no idea how to design proper levels. They are out dated gameplay mechanisms. Instead create progressively harder levels. The final level of a Tomb Raider game should consist of a fiendishly hard platform sequence combined with intense action and a really hard puzzle. It should combine all the elements of the game into one ultimate level. Not simply put Lara against one almost impossible to kill enemy and throw in some cutscenes.

I totally agree with this - a mix of the game's elements, and a challanging last level or something. Though I do still think there should be bosses...I liked that a creature chased you in TRL. How about something more along those lines? Instead of running in circles.

Heck, make the whole game more challanging. I LOVED always being stuck of what to do in the previous titles lol. Running around exploring every little corner...frustrating sometimes, but lengthens the game too. I prefered when you caught her looking at some area - rather than some large shiny object to grapple.

A wider variation of puzzles would be nice, as some have mentioned, not just one type - eg pressure plates. But I do miss the good old lever/door rountine :)

Tombs...wilderness. Sigh, what is with all these modern buildings/surroundings and trying to make a storyline out of it. Doesnt float my boat sorry. Japan in TRL was too straight forward.

And if there ARE going to be human enemies, why not make them sneak up on Lara too? Instead of running around aimlessly, shooting into the air or around corners and somehow managing to hit her like =p

Please please PLEASE GET RID OF THAT HEADSET!! This took away the whole feel of the game - that Lara was "well and truely alive while travelling alone". That feeling of being somewhere no body else had been was spooky...Tomb Raider 1 is a classic example for the fear factor.

No more auto-grab or tutorials IN-GAME about how to play. It was good, but too lazy. [Maybe an option to turn it off?] Thats what the Mansion was for...Oh I miss the TR3 version, there was a lot to do :) Wasted many hours trying to find a way to get on the roof.

Her past - please stop messing with it 0_o

Vehicles were good fun, I liked the use of them within the levels, eg TR2, the Skidoo..not just a one way system like in TRL on the motorbike.

Secrets? They had it right with the first game, so why change it? How about they unlock larger areas to simply explore, and acquire more items - WHICH could be used to unlock secrets on ANOTHER level maybe? :) No more of these shiny objects please. It was so much more satisfying when you stumbled onto a mass of ammo and medi packs by accident.

Which moves onto my next point. These unlockable features, my gosh Im a Lara fan, but these are so unneccesary...you can look at pretty pictures of the environment, but what can you do with it? Nothing. Especially those who play on consoles.

However I do love the outfits ^_^ So Keep them hehe. Ohhh one idea, how about you aquire outfits in game - and they may help you progress in certain ways? Eg an underwater level - have some sort of survival monitor. If she gets too cold she dies [like the need for air], and the wetsuit may allow her to last that bit longer? Just a suggestion :)

Onto the music. The music of the original Tomb Raider was what encaptured me into this game the most. So eerie, so spine chilling, yet soothing. Personally I dont like all these up-beated sounds. Back to the spooky cave sounds please :) - Nathan McCree was a genious. Omg even better - get Hans Zimmer in!

The return of the T-rex, enough said. Haha.

No more interactive cutscenes.

I prefered the old inventory system from TR1/2.... All this modernisation...thats not what Archaeology is all about :p I never used the binoculars once. Also back to picking up items from the ground. It was funny when you was minding your own business, picking up a medi pack and ARGH! a wolf is chewing on your behind ^_^

I miss locking Winston in the freezer.

The saving system - I liked the crystals...seriously. It actually lengthened the game, sometimes having to re-do some parts - not so much a walk in the park that way.

Uzis please ^_^

Bring back sprint!

Keep up with the beautiful graphics and environments.

Weather effects would be nice.

LOTS OF FMVs...come on, show off your talents ;)

wow it may seem like I really hate the games, but I honestly dont, Im just a die hard fan of the traditional Tomb Raiding ways :) I loved them all...hmm well not so much TRC or AOD. There is so much of these games I do enjoy, but I thought this may be more useful.

BUT overall, the fact that the are aiming to go back to the roots of TR1 for the latest installment should make it very promising indeed :D I cant wait.

Rivendell
02-02-07, 22:59
Good post asenia!

Here's one to throw in that lots have agreed on:

Autograb - On/Off Option.

darkos
05-02-07, 10:27
I already made this post in another thread, but, still, couldn't not to in here!

:mad: I definitely hate the arrows and blinks pointing you where to shot, go, interact!
:mad: The fact that everything seems to easy & short!
:mad: Not staying to do more things in one location, then, having to say goodbye in spite of that one wants spending more time & waiting for something more to happen - it just ruins everything !
:mad: Too many people enemies, and lack of animal ones!
:mad: Too much use of the grapple!
:mad: Effortless puzzle-solving!
:mad: Very short levels!
:mad: Not being able to dismount of a vehicle!

:) Longer levels and game-play!
:) More FMV!
:) Traditional secret-finding sound!
:) Traditional secrets!
:) Crowbar use!
:) The old inventory concept!
:) And all the opposites of my dislikes, above!!!

walk_man
05-02-07, 10:30
A game with CD's engine but along the lines of a Core game.

ihatecold17
11-02-07, 23:40
I agree with everything u said too!

- When playing in the "Tomb raider" difficutly remove all the hints and the autograb function! That way the old hardcore Tomb Raiders will be happier!

They dont get rid of it, but ive heard you can turn it off

Tomb Raider Jay
12-02-07, 21:13
Sorry to anyone who likes easy peasy games but I want the next TR game to be as hard as anything!! :mis:

I like challenging, intense action adventure games like God Of War, Prince of Persia Worrior Within and Splinter Cell - when I play these games I feel like they are fun but the intense, engaging gameplay makes all these games hard and occasionally annoying, I want this in future TR games! :tmb:

I want to feel threatened by the enemies, make them scary, wild and insane with anger - they need to kill Lara to stay alive, they want her blood! :eek:
Lara has to fight for her life, her animations and response time from player input on the controller - pressing a button - should be immediate!!!

I want vertigo while scaling those massive cliffs, I'd like to look over the edge and feel sick - I'm up that high and Lara could fall at any moment, I want this feeling with me all the time, while playing - it's about getting the emotions stirred up in players and making them feel like they are scaling these incredible hights!

I want to solve riddles and puzzles in my own way, using the enviroment around Lara, her hi-tech gear and the players own ideas - like "hey can I move this tree trunk over that gap to make a bridge? - I'll give it a try - hey it works!" - that kinda thing!
But puzzles should feel real world, Lara and the players actions should determine the many ways puzzles can be solved - don't settle for one puzzle? - one solution, it doesn't work now! TR8 is next-gen think outside the box :tmb:

Lastly ditch the bosses, they have almost no place in a TR game now, instead make Lara face off against incredible foes at the most unexpected times, make these encounters a surprise and delight to play through - like the God Of War Hydra battles or even like TR1's T-Rex battle - but even more intense and shocking! :D

Come on CD think outside the box, TR8 needs to be so much more than Legend - to keep up in the next gen! - you guys are talented, you can make an awesome TR game :tmb:

Vickkyyy
14-02-07, 21:38
1. we REALLY should be able to shoot one way with 1 pistol , and another way with the other pistol, (BECAUSE IT WAS AMAZING) like this : http://www.gamerevolution.com/oldsit...ony/tomb23.jpg

2. Hand to hand combat should be BACK
even if you have guns ! hand to hand combat should be an option : http://www.gameblitz.com/images/aod2.jpg

3. I like haveing double machineguns, but i think it should be, machine gun pistols, like in angel of darkness : http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/.../screen045.jpg

4. GUN POSTURE . its a total pet peeve of mine to have lara point her guns at nothing when you equipt them, and when she puts them away like 5 seconds later, after no use, that sucks too . i think lara should hold her guns like in all tomb raider games up untill Legend

5. Lara should still grunt her girly grunt when shes climbing, or swining, or pushing and pulling stuff.

6. Lara shoulden't push a huge ton of rock with ease ( like in legend ) she should still have a difficult time, pushing with all her strength, like in all other Tomb Raider games

7. SPRINT really REALLY should return, its just better.

8. sprint jump needs to come with the sprint

9. when lara is hanging from Ropes she should be able to shoot from them, like this : http://i19.************/2q9dwl0.jpg

10. Laras hand stand shouldent be so quick, as in legend

11. Lara has too much make-up in Legend, its gross, stick to the other Tomb raiders ( AOD was good )

12. Outfits shouldent be so similer ( as in legend ) they should be different, skirts, dresses, shorts, pants, bikini.

13. KEEP THE BRAID !!!!

14. make new hair styles for lara,
with her hair down, or up in a high pony tail, or in pinktails ( which is cute )

15. No more interactive cut-scenes, unless there going to be very challenging, like, YOU have to decide what buttons to puch ( eg - jump, duck, run, dive blah blah )

16. no more driving vechiels

17. LONGER GAMES

Hyper_Crazy
14-02-07, 21:40
Vicky, I would agree with you nearly 100%, the only thing I find myself not to be agreeing with is the no driving vehicles, I actually I enjoy riding vehicles, espeicially the Quad and the Motorbike from Legend, well only on the Peru level because Kazakhstan's was really repetitive. We don't need vehicles in every level but maybe 1 or 2 levels with vehicles would be fine

Vickkyyy
17-02-07, 02:11
^
hehe, thanks :)
i guess the motercycle scenes werent that bad :o
i dident like kaza-whatever's though .

Sekhraider
17-02-07, 07:41
I think I would like to see some flash backs of Lara's father in TR8 and how he's connected to Lara's mother's disappearence. THey mentioned something about him in TRL

LuigiEspadachin
23-02-07, 11:07
My suggestions:

Since some people hate Zip and Alister, why not have them take the place of Winston as being tortured in the mansion? For example, you could lock Winston in the freezer, what if you could do that to Zip if he's roaming around the mansion? Of course he can survive until you let him out though. That would add to a comedy effect or if you want a more family friendly torturing gag, push Alister into the pool and maybe they'll be like "Are you crazy, Lara?!". I personally like them, but this would add a good amount of comedy into this game even though it may be out of character for the new Lara.

When levels are completed,maybe Lara has a chance to buy new unlockable weapons or costumes by cashing in on any secrets or artifacts that are non story crticial she finds in the levels to give the secrets a bit more of a motivation to find them

Outside, some training courses outside and the ability to somehow bring vehicles into the mansion such as riding them around in Lara's gym. Why not have a replica or simulation thing like in the movie?

Main Game:
PDA a bit more useful such as may being able to detect how many enemies are in the area or what kind. Or do it like what Lara's notebook is doing in the Anniversary edition and put the optional hints in there but make it a bit obvious for the new player like if Zip or Alister say 'I'll add hints to your PDA'.

Make the headset a bit like Metal Gear Solid, so you can call Alister or Zip when you actually need them, that way, everyone's happy. Again, make sure they know.

Keep Interactive Cutscenes, but make them a bit less obvious to keep veterans on their toes such as the ground suddenly shaking when you least expect it.

Alternating Story paths.

dream raider
23-02-07, 12:51
I want it to be like Tomb Raider Anniversary exactly!:)

da tomb raider!
23-02-07, 13:05
I want it to be like Tomb Raider Anniversary exactly!:)

But you don't know what Anniversary is like. You haven't played it yet (I assume).

RAID
23-02-07, 13:21
Here's an idea. Lose the wall run. The ledge jumping is already too much.

TR freak
23-02-07, 21:20
Here's an idea. Lose the wall run. The ledge jumping is already too much.

Again I have to disagree on this point. If the grapple is in then the wall run is a must imo. Its basicly just like swinging across a gap but it looks cooler. I am very impressed with it.

LaraLover32
23-02-07, 21:24
I would like if TR8 started right as Legend Ended...Like when she Is going across than cable in Bolivia

Vickkyyy
25-02-07, 22:53
i would like a FASTER lara :)

with more REALLY COOL MOVES
( the wall running whilst grappeling move looks REALLY REALLY REALLY COOL )
i hope thats included ! :D

( more outfits )

RAID
26-02-07, 19:26
Again I have to disagree on this point. If the grapple is in then the wall run is a must imo. Its basicly just like swinging across a gap but it looks cooler. I am very impressed with it.
If the grapple is not the only way to use it, which I think it will be usable without it, then I don't want it.

What's wrong with TR's style? Why turn it into POP? It's like TR is inferior to POP, which IMO, is the other way around.

But that's not why I don't want it. I just don't want any short cut moves. I want TR to be hard and to make you think on how to get to the other side, not just run along the wall.

Larson_1988
26-02-07, 20:04
I would like if TR8 started right as Legend Ended...Like when she Is going across than cable in Bolivia

Like in a Desperate Housewives style! :)

"Prevously on Tomb Raider Legend"! ;)

TR freak
26-02-07, 21:55
If the grapple is not the only way to use it, which I think it will be usable without it, then I don't want it.

What's wrong with TR's style? Why turn it into POP? It's like TR is inferior to POP, which IMO, is the other way around.

But that's not why I don't want it. I just don't want any short cut moves. I want TR to be hard and to make you think on how to get to the other side, not just run along the wall.

If we could use it without the grapple then yes I'd agree with you, but thats not the case. I'm 100% certain that the wall run is a grapple only move. Really the wall run with grapple is just like swinging across a gap with the grapple, and swinging across a gap with the grapple is just like swinging across using a rope hanging from a ceiling. At the end of the day whether the game is hard or not has nothing to do with what moves we're able to do. Its to do with how well designed the levels are. For example we could have only the basic moves that were in the original TR incorporated in the game, but the level design isn't very good so the game would be simple. On the other hand we could have all these new moves we have in TRA and the level design is so good the game is very challenging. You could also flip that around and have the less moves the harder. I dont think new moves make it an easier or any harder. Its all up to the developers and how they incorporate the moves into the levels that make the difference.

Amando_au
06-03-07, 09:48
I think that Lara should have outside and also maybe a horse just 2 give it a try :) it was a great game i loved it the only downfull was that there was not enough levels and the game shouldn't carry the $40-$80 price tag. I Loved Zip perhapes there is a future for him and Lara???

I think that Tomb raider 8 will be a spectacular with the same great graphics proving that maybe Core can take a leaf out of Crystal Dynamics 's Book?

the out side excatly as the movie when i was in the Croft Manor Winsten was just standing there he should be doing chores or somthing. Zip and Alister only talk to you for lyk 3 times i was in the bikini in front of Zip and HE Said NOTHING ARRRR:hea:

:) i Loved the outfits i thought they were a great add to the game. i like the gym i think there should be a shoting range lyk in the movie.

Overall i loved the ending and i loved how she hit Amanda !!!!
But It made me wait 4 another YAYAYAYAYAYAY But i hate waiting!!

:) :) :o :o

Amando_au
06-03-07, 09:57
ignore this message

Amando_au
06-03-07, 10:01
i would like a FASTER lara :)

with more REALLY COOL MOVES
( the wall running whilst grappeling move looks REALLY REALLY REALLY COOL )
i hope thats included ! :D

( more outfits )

U can't bring back Kurtis he died in TRAOD

sdp93
08-03-07, 02:28
Personally, in TR8, I want to see some sort of connection between Amanda and Natla. I've looked all over the internet and everything says that the Natla Technology crates in the Bolivia Redux level was a hint to some sort of connection. That would awesome! Lara's past would clash with itself! And I want to see better vehicles. No offense to the ducati monster, but if they're going to put a motorcycle in there, make it the superbike. You only got it for like 5 seconds in Legend, and it's faster than any other ones. And get some jeeps or something in there! And I agree to #1292. More levels, more outfits, more rooms, and a mansion with a yard for god's sake! I want a cross between the TR3 and TR7 mansions. Personally, in the new game, I'd like to see Lara go to a masquerade in England or something wearing a formal gown and taunt an enemy, but I don't know if anyone else would like that.

sdp93
08-03-07, 02:33
Pay no attention to this. It was just an accident.

Sekhraider
08-03-07, 03:04
Personally, in TR8, I want to see some sort of connection between Amanda and Natla. I've looked all over the internet and everything says that the Natla Technology crates in the Bolivia Redux level was a hint to some sort of connection. That would awesome! Lara's past would clash with itself! And I want to see better vehicles. No offense to the ducati monster, but if they're going to put a motorcycle in there, make it the superbike. You only got it for like 5 seconds in Legend, and it's faster than any other ones. And get some jeeps or something in there! And I agree to #1292. More levels, more outfits, more rooms, and a mansion with a yard for god's sake! I want a cross between the TR3 and TR7 mansions. Personally, in the new game, I'd like to see Lara go to a masquerade in England or something wearing a formal gown and taunt an enemy, but I don't know if anyone else would like that.
For some reason Lara going to a masquerade with a formal dress reminds me of "Primal" where the girl dresses up in a 1700 outfit to mingle with the dead-looking people.

kryptonite23
08-03-07, 08:53
I like all of them:tmb:

Apofiss
08-03-07, 18:53
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/icons/icon1.gifCharacter personality development for TR8 (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=88778)

Genocide
16-03-07, 02:58
Since TR8 will be fully next-gen, i think a nice feature to add would be chipped stone
for example, your bombing around egypt you draw you guns and fire at the wall, the bullets would chip away at the stone like they would in real life, or bieng able to remove chunks of walls with grenades, rocket launchers etc (kind of like the geo-mod engine used in the red faction games-if you can't open the door...make your own) maybe thats going too far, but id llove to be able to chip away the environment

Rivendell
16-03-07, 07:48
A degree of interaction with the environment and surrounding objects similar to Assassin's Creed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvs9FxCxvy8) would be more than welcome. :tmb:

Tomb Raider Jay
16-03-07, 18:44
I've had this really bad feeling since I completed Legend that Lara will find not only her mother dearest in Avalon, which is already bad enough - but her FATHER too - CD, I beg you guys PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS!!!!

There was just something about that scene where Lara and Winston discuss her father, makes me think the storyline will possibly lead to the whole 'Mother in Avalon' thing like many are expecting but somehow her dad is there too and they end up a happy family>>> :hea: PLEASE NO!!!

It's already cheesy enough as it is, I'd say go back to the old storylines where Lara was looking for artifacts to stop a power hungry tyrant from taking over/destroying the world - and leave the emotional stuff to Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, eh? ;)

Other than that, make TR8 exactly like everything we've seen of TR Anniversary and it'll be awesome!! :jmp:

Hyper_Crazy
16-03-07, 18:46
Non-linear gameplay like Final Fantasy XII XD.

I_am_Rutland
21-03-07, 15:50
Just two cutscenes per level, one at the begining, one at the end.

I think there should be more than just two.... I mean not too many though. Maybe they could add a little more dialogue over the headsets with Lara talking to Zip and Alister, or she could give a little monologue (talking to herself) but do those with out switching to a cut scene.....

Also, they should bring back a little hand to hand combat.
There ain't NO WAY Lara Croft can't fight like that LOL......

Pablo.CT
30-03-07, 17:07
I would also like in TR8, a real bad sadistic villian, someone/something we havent seen before.

Natla is an example of a really great villian, just as mysterious as the protagonist Lara, but alot more evil. Set in TR4 was a fantastic villian also.
Maybe the main anatgonist in TRL2 can be a well known figure attached to the mythology of excalibur, what about Morgan Le Fay (if thats how you spell it, no pun intended :D)

And what about trying to connect Avalon with Atlantis. Just some suggestions ;)

kissmelara
30-03-07, 17:47
Medipacks - Can we atleast carry 4 medipacks? Just four. Really. I can't stand the three medi pack system.

Poison - We were discussing this in my thread; snakes and scorpions and the like. Even spiders, like the ones from TR2. They follow you, and bite and go Arrr. And stuff.

Language - I really, really loved the different language usage. The Russian and Japanese, was s'magnifique. I love languages as a whole, and as a Tomb Raider, I think Lara would know quite a few dead and modern languages :) AOD did this, and while I dumped AOD as a whole, I liked the Latin. Though it was Biblical Latin, which connects with the whole Nephilim/Bible thing, Ancient is better. Really.

Monks - Okay, this is a bit of a stretch, but can we get some monks? They don't even have to be attacking monks. Maybe a monestary is under seige and Lara kicks Amanda's army's ass while they're trying to harm the monks and stuff. I don't know. Just, yeah.

Braid - I absolutely love the braid from TR: Anniversary; if you're going to have ANY MORE FLASHBACKS, please use that one as opposed to the Flashback Lara's braid in Legend.

Clothes - Show off her navel, just like that one. I really loved seeing her spine indent and the back of her legs with the tendons and stuff, and her collarbone. I can't wait to see the Anniversary model, but keep up the good work. Also, thanks for toning down her breasts just a bit. I like that. Also, realize female mechanics; women's thighs touch when they walk. Really.

P.s; Is Alister gay? No, really, me and my fellow queer men have been avidly arguing over if Alister is infact gay. We kinda want him too, just a little bit. That's all!

Rivendell
30-03-07, 17:48
(if thats how you spell it, no pun intended :D)

Lol, didn't get that straight away- nice job :D

And what about trying to connect Avalon with Atlantis. Just some suggestions ;)

Nhmmmgahhhh.. < That happens to my brain everytime I read 'connect Avalon and Atlantis' :p
I just...can't.. connect them without it being Really far fetched. It's like people suggesting the Scion is the key to Avalon. It seriously hurts my brain. ;)

kissmelara
30-03-07, 17:54
I agree with Rivendell; Avalon is completely different. While both are technically an "island" and a "paradise", Atlantis is a completely different mythos than the monomyth of a paradise.

P.s: Another addition, that I really enjoyed, were the historical references, CD. I really, really appreciated that. Tiwanaku, Viracocha, and the fake-me-out tomb kind of stuff, really, really good. Little things like that make a history buff like me giddy.

Pablo.CT
01-04-07, 12:55
Ok, how about a completely new Mansion for TR8. If they finish of creating the current manor for TRA. With a front lawn, Gardens and more rooms. It would be pretty hard for them to add new things.

How about in TR8 Lara moves home and the House she moves to can be simialr to the classic mansions.

krycekuva
03-04-07, 19:39
P.s: Another addition, that I really enjoyed, were the historical references, CD. I really, really appreciated that. Tiwanaku, Viracocha, and the fake-me-out tomb kind of stuff, really, really good. Little things like that make a history buff like me giddy.

to me too,.. i agreed,.. tomb raider get really great when she starts relating things we already know to things that can only happens in game,.. therefore is way to mistical... not that i complain about it,.. but, with this interrelation the game get the standars of greattness

only Croft
03-04-07, 19:49
Be able to customize your won difficulty...like I want hints on the headset but no the shiny objects.

AnthonyShock1515
04-04-07, 10:55
I think Zip and Alistair should be a bit more mature. Really I wouldn't have them at all, but I guess that won't happen.

Try keep some of the tips from TR1, silence and stuff like that.

I think the controls should be different too.

If they are developing a new engine, use it, it will be boring after Anniversary. Or just produce completely new ones.

Expand her mansion and let people explore it before they play the game.

Not so many unlockables.

knutroald
04-04-07, 11:05
I'd love it if the storyline didn't have anything too do with Lara's parents. And the game should be a wee bit longer and less linear than legend (remember, exploration!);) Except for that I love what CD has done with Tomb Raider:wve:

dream raider
04-04-07, 12:33
Crystal D, mix Tomb Raider Legend with Anniversary. They are both fantastic games, I know. Make the levels much more bigger this time, the mansion bigger and please make an option for hints from Alister and Zip to turn off because some people don't like them. I like the multiple paths you've added in Anniversary so make more of them too and don't forget, have fun making the game! :)

dream raider
04-04-07, 12:35
I think Zip and Alistair should be a bit more mature. Really I wouldn't have them at all, but I guess that won't happen.

Try keep some of the tips from TR1, silence and stuff like that.

I think the controls should be different too.

If they are developing a new engine, use it, it will be boring after Anniversary. Or just produce completely new ones.

Expand her mansion and let people explore it before they play the game.

Not so many unlockables.

I was thinking about that. Maybe they can make an option to turn off the music and/or the ambience because I liked the music.

Pablo.CT
04-04-07, 12:54
You can turn of the Music In legend and just Listen to the Ambience. Gives it a little bit more atmosphere

Vickkyyy
06-04-07, 04:23
i would SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY think about re-makeing Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness and finishing it with a faboulas ending :]
i really think that You guys could really make it work
i can just see it now .. angle of darkness with amazing conrols and graphics..
the same gun posture.. laras dark evil side ...
oh yes ! :cln:

*chants* Kurtis. Kurtis. Kurtis. Kurtis. Kurtis. Kurtis. :jmp:

BRING BACK KURTIS!! HE IS SUCH A POPULAR CHARACTER!!!

all the characters in TRL are forgettable, Kurtis had personality, bring him back or I will throw my little spiked frisbee at you, its made of paper so might not reach all the way to london, but its the though that counts! YOU SWINES!!

I could absolutely not...
Agree with you more!
Kurtis pwns all!!!

Can you include Kurtis Trent in the future TR game? Please... the fans are dying to see him again.
*puppy dog eyes*

i think the fans speak for themselves .

Mr.LadyCroft
06-04-07, 04:25
^that would be awesome if they re-made tr:angel of darkness and then continued it.^

dream raider
06-04-07, 14:04
And risk being fired like Core? Take that out of your head!

Angel_14
06-04-07, 14:16
^Why? I'm sure that CD could remake AoD wonderfully, if they use an improved Legend engine:)

dream raider
06-04-07, 14:23
^Why? I'm sure that CD could remake AoD wonderfully, if they use an improved Legend engine:)

The problem is that Core admitted that Aod was not a Tomb Raider game. A remake is a dodgy decision, if they make a continuation but more Tomb Raider than Aod then I guess they will make an excellent one and I also think they are going to make an Aod continuation after the Legend series. If they will make a continuation I think it will be very successful because they've learnt what fans want from Legend and Anniversary.

Aztek463
06-04-07, 18:47
Dream, if it wasn't a Tomb Raider game, then what was it?

Vickkyyy
07-04-07, 02:07
Dear Crystal Dynamics ,

i, as a Tomb Raider fan, feel that you have taken away too much from the original tomb raider games .
here are some examples :

Gun Posture : Lara dosent hold her guns normally anymore : unlike all other tomb raider games

Jumping : Lara's legs dont fold up when she jumps, and she cant do backflips and side flips unless she has her guns out : unlike all other tomb raider games

Moveing objects : lara is too strong, she pushes GIANT boulders with such little power : unlike all other tomb raider games

climbing from ledges : lara jumps up from hanging to the ground !? REDICULAS ! shes TOO POWERFUL, its horrible : unlike all other tomb raider games , lara pulls herself up useing her arms

handstand : its too fast ! : other tomb raider games make it slow, and nice :]

laras voice : her screams sound alittle more manly than all other tomb raider games ..

diveing : Lara dives so fast and its so un-graceful : unlike other tomb raider games ..

GRAPPLE : it ruins the puzzle of getting somewhere without useing a stupid magnetic object .

light source ? : again, ruining the traditional FLARE

BRAID : its gone, how could you !?

Sprint : dissipeared. i really REALLY want it to return .

Levels : they are too direct, i remember in Tomb Raider 3, if you dropped down in one spot, you had to start over, cause there were many things you had to do before that in order to do.. there should be, wrong turns .

Dieing : lara sure slides around alote .. when she dies ..

shimming : lara shimmies with such little power once again ..

stealth : i liked it in AOD, bring it back :]

STORY : just cause your a new company or whatever, dosent mean you cant leave off where core ended ..

and since i hear your makeing a second legend or whatever..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIzhZGTm5Yk&search=

OMG :eek:

http://i5.************/20kev11.jpg
^
this would be SUCH a cool move thing !
cause you got the swinging, and you had the wall jump thing, this would be awsome !

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CFbJ-1aEZlE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZZeO0zmOZjk

EVERYTHING in these trailers are AMAZING, like everything !
the rocketlauncher, lara shooting while crouching , her swan dive , her jumping , the swining off ropes and poles, the vaulting up onto other ledges ! the rolling ! the guns ! and the jump , slide backwards, backflip slide foward, jump and grab, in the second trailer link thing :]]]

wiz_kid
27-04-07, 10:04
Dear Crystal Dynamics ,

i, as a Tomb Raider fan, feel that you have taken away too much from the original tomb raider games .
here are some examples :

Gun Posture : Lara dosent hold her guns normally anymore : unlike all other tomb raider games

Jumping : Lara's legs dont fold up when she jumps, and she cant do backflips and side flips unless she has her guns out : unlike all other tomb raider games

Moveing objects : lara is too strong, she pushes GIANT boulders with such little power : unlike all other tomb raider games

climbing from ledges : lara jumps up from hanging to the ground !? REDICULAS ! shes TOO POWERFUL, its horrible : unlike all other tomb raider games , lara pulls herself up useing her arms

handstand : its too fast ! : other tomb raider games make it slow, and nice :]

laras voice : her screams sound alittle more manly than all other tomb raider games ..

diveing : Lara dives so fast and its so un-graceful : unlike other tomb raider games ..

GRAPPLE : it ruins the puzzle of getting somewhere without useing a stupid magnetic object .

light source ? : again, ruining the traditional FLARE

BRAID : its gone, how could you !?

Sprint : dissipeared. i really REALLY want it to return .

Levels : they are too direct, i remember in Tomb Raider 3, if you dropped down in one spot, you had to start over, cause there were many things you had to do before that in order to do.. there should be, wrong turns .

Dieing : lara sure slides around alote .. when she dies ..

shimming : lara shimmies with such little power once again ..

stealth : i liked it in AOD, bring it back :]

STORY : just cause your a new company or whatever, dosent mean you cant leave off where core ended ..

and since i hear your makeing a second legend or whatever..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIzhZGTm5Yk&search=

OMG :eek:

http://i5.************/20kev11.jpg
^
this would be SUCH a cool move thing !
cause you got the swinging, and you had the wall jump thing, this would be awsome !

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CFbJ-1aEZlE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZZeO0zmOZjk

EVERYTHING in these trailers are AMAZING, like everything !
the rocketlauncher, lara shooting while crouching , her swan dive , her jumping , the swining off ropes and poles, the vaulting up onto other ledges ! the rolling ! the guns ! and the jump , slide backwards, backflip slide foward, jump and grab, in the second trailer link thing :]]]

yeah, well i kinda regret they didn't extend nepal..it was the most sacred, most beautiful level :-<
Plus the jungle one looked very intriguing, and the extended japan where u actually use the bike to do smthn more interesting than just jump...once
ah well, legend was nice...it helped lara step in the spotlight, so don't bash it.

My take on the future tr, focus on making it more cinematical (as in movieish) and make the puzzles and acrobatics like assasins creed style, with all the jumping and so on.

oh and lose zip and allister. she could talk to them, but still, at the end of the levels or smth, not arrh and woooow all the time.

Cheers!

Vickkyyy
27-04-07, 11:37
^
im not bashing the game,
i'm simply stating my opinion .

dream raider
27-04-07, 11:43
^
im not bashing the game,
i'm simply stating my opinion .

The backflip and the rest can't be done without the controls being changed to the old ones which are outdated and Tomb Raider would lose many customers I guess but it could be an option. I don't really find them anything special and I like the new control system. The grapple is a very nice feature in my opinion it makes me feel like an archaeologist ready to raid tombs. I don't agree with most of your opinions but they are yours so I won't interfere.

You took away the traditional Tomb Raider

Other people might not think like that and that doesn't seem like it was stated as an opinion. Lara is back to the roots with Legend and a new system that suits 'Tomb Raider.'

Edit. They are already nearly finished with Anniversary why don't you wait and see how it is and then because most of what you posted have been added/removed/modified in Anniversary.

YvesSL
28-04-07, 02:30
Give Lara a healthy looking body, do not give her a Dior Couture fashion model's figure.

Do not make Lara look like a standard for what men would want a woman to look like. Y'all might have reduced her breast size but those arms, wrists, legs, waist are way off.

Lara used to be / is an icon, it would be a real shame if teens saw that and thought that they would wanna look like that.

Lara can look hot without the almost anorexic look.

trfan518
28-04-07, 04:23
Dream, if it wasn't a Tomb Raider game, then what was it?

what was it you ask?

it was a disaster is what it is...core is dead people

Angel_14
28-04-07, 07:18
it was a disaster is what it is...core is dead people

I love it, when people say things like things. Who on earth said a thing about bringing back Core???

Sara Croft
28-04-07, 08:57
Give Lara a healthy looking body, do not give her a Dior Couture fashion model's figure.

Do not make Lara look like a standard for what men would want a woman to look like. Y'all might have reduced her breast size but those arms, wrists, legs, waist are way off.

Lara used to be / is an icon, it would be a real shame if teens saw that and thought that they would wanna look like that.

Lara can look hot without the almost anorexic look.
I completely agree.
I was in her swimsuit the other day, and lara looked totally unhealthy and anorexic, wich discusted me. At least AoD Lara looked healthy, and not 'overpretty' and all that.

Anniversary lara looks good, but i dont want lara too look like a model, she is a healthy strong athletic woman. Not the most perfect body in the world, and that made lara even more perrfect if you get what i mean?

I also never want to see the swimsuit again, i feel its degrading her.
But i got a feeling they wont do it either, i think they have understood that Lara croft isnt like that! :D

:)

Shark_Blade
28-04-07, 10:11
I agree with Vicky. CD you guys should, no MUST play the classic games. Legend is not a tomb raider game. It's target audience is kids of young ages below 8 years old:rolleyes:

Jake Croft
28-04-07, 10:28
Ive just realised in the third link posted, when she falls off the bike its like tomb raider 3 with the quad o_0!

dark_angel_7
28-04-07, 10:49
CD, play past TR's to get ideas. BUT don't copy them or another game or movies. Do something unique, different, never-seen-before. ;)

Chaosreaper
28-04-07, 18:02
bring back the scary parts of Tombraider that seem to have been lost. but think up new levels that have a completely different style yet still keep the old tombraider adventuring...like the wreck of the maria doria in Tombraider 2...that was different but just as great as tombs.

Vickkyyy
28-04-07, 20:01
I agree with Vicky. CD you guys should, no MUST play the classic games. Legend is not a tomb raider game. It's target audience is kids of young ages below 8 years old:rolleyes:

lmfao yeahh !
not a challenge what-so-ever

dream raider
28-04-07, 20:05
CD, play past TR's to get ideas. BUT don't copy them or another game or movies. Do something unique, different, never-seen-before. ;)

They've already played the classics and made something unique, Legend. You think that mature games come from how hard the game is and the gore but you are mistaken.

Angel_14
28-04-07, 20:21
They've already played the classics and made something unique, Legend. You think that mature games come from how hard the game is and the gore but you are mistaken.

Well, partly yes. I doubt that a 20 years old would like to play an easy game with no blood, just because it has a "mature" storyline. Sadly most of today's gamers (Mostly kids) are looking forward a game that satisfies them and they don't have to use much brain to play it.

Legend's story was good, but there were some problems with the storytelling. Sometimes it just felt like they shoved down the whole lost mother story on my throat. Plus the characters didn't help: An angst ridden angry friend, who probably has that time of the month and wants to kill her friend for no real reason and 2 goofy clowns (okay, one of them is slightly helpful).

TamburelloKid
05-05-07, 22:35
CD should make a brazilian level. Have Lara on a bike be chased by mercenaries in a highway of Rio de Janeiro with the view of the giant christ statue and the ocean. I would be great;)

anniversarytr11
06-05-07, 09:41
in tomb raider legend, when a croft manor cut scene was loading it said that laras father left 3 homes for her and the legend one she considered her home. maybe one of those 3 are the classic house and the other something new it would be great if you did something with them in legend sequel!
make the game atleast twice the length of legend 8 levels is a waist of £30, stick to lengthy but quality of tr1 to 5, 15 levels would be minimum,
-scary is good
-hard gameplay too
-zip and alister should be contacted between levels
please cd take notice 85% of tr fans want this no more quick release 3 year old games anymore!

Hand_Of_Midas
06-05-07, 15:15
Small desire but I'd love to see more "unique" death sequences such as Hand Of Midas death and the "Abortion" Monster death. Not that I'm a sadist or anything!

dream raider
06-05-07, 16:09
People, Maturity is not about blood, gore and difficulty. So you're watching an Adventure film, is that childish? Babyz is a game for young age and those puzzle games, pokemon or whatever.

Sara Croft
06-05-07, 16:13
What is Maturity in your opinion Dream Raider?
just wondering xD

dream raider
06-05-07, 16:20
What is Maturity in your opinion Dream Raider?
just wondering xD

People who appreciate beautiful music, stunning sceneries, adventure, exploration not people being shocked because they've seen blood, chopped head, etc. If you stated you wanted the blood and the spookiness of tomb raider 1 then I would say 'okay, that's fine' but referring to blood and sense of fear as mature is just immature in my opinion. You never know, there might be a stupid person behind the screen looking at blood and saying "Oh yeah! I'm mature look at me kick some arse!" (that was weird...) Anyway, I noticed the sense of spookiness in Anniversary but it doesn't bother me, it was the same like in Tomb Raider 1 but I wouldn't consider it mature because of that.

Rivendell
06-05-07, 16:32
Blood and gore is made for the mature audience, it is a mature 'subject' - but not everything mature is to do with blood and gore.

They are mature. Though, they're not the only mature things.

danitiwa
06-05-07, 16:46
AOD CONTINUATION
:D

And I have nothing against blood and gore, since I am a sadist.

TR freak
06-05-07, 16:48
I dont get this "mature" stuff. What makes a game so called "mature"?

Rivendell
06-05-07, 17:09
That's a question for another thread freak, could make an interesting discussion.

Not for the Official TR8 Suggestion Thread though ;)

Sara Croft
06-05-07, 17:13
Everything in the classics with AoD climbing! :P

TR freak
06-05-07, 18:12
That's a question for another thread freak, could make an interesting discussion.

Not for the Official TR8 Suggestion Thread though ;)

Well I suppose but I was only replying to the convo about stuff that makes a game mature in the previous posts in this thread.

dstone
07-05-07, 17:46
Lara is a multi talented super hot chick.
She should do more undercover work, in a strip bar or as a dominatrix call girl, or pretend to be a new research assistant in a museum, and she can wear glasses, because glasses are sexy. 8)

Or she could infiltrate a dig and when something interesting is found, she can steal it.
Just like in the Raiders of the lost ark movie, when Indiana infiltrates the dig site and almost steals the ark. 8)
Stuff like that.

LostRaider
10-05-07, 19:29
About a second playable character, you don't have to make a new one! I'm sure Zip wouln't mind helping Lara in the field (as long as she does the high stuff and swinging) and Alister I'm sure would love to see the tombs! Also if TR8 continues TRL's story, Amanda in my opinion would love to help Lara (as long as she got to where she wanted to go (I'm sure most of you know where that is)

And make a tutorial like in TR4 (Thought a flashback of how Lara really learned all her moves was good) In TRL the crash landing could haev served as this. Amelia (I think that is her mom's name) could tell her to jump over this and climb up that or press the button there. Or she could have a similar flashback with her father acting as her mentor.

Most of all, the one thing I want to see is WHAT HAPPENED TO LARA'S MOMMY! Please pick up the story right where she goes to meet Alister for research! AND WHAT WILL HAPPEN BETWEEN AMANDA AND LARA! Ooooo the suspense it truly KILLING ME!

AnthonyShock1515
10-05-07, 19:42
I was thinking of this when I was lying awake last night. Perhaps the gate can transport her to different civilizations during the time they were once active.

So the player could play the actual time the Giza pyramids, etc was being formed.

Jack Croft
11-05-07, 18:42
Just make like TRA and TRL Please! :D

jeffrey van oort
12-05-07, 20:17
Keep Keeley Hawes as the Voice of Lara. It really suits her character.

Yes please.
And please please please bring back flares!!! like in the peru levels. (no offense but I really dislike the lightsource)
I want her to keep the flare in her hand like in the previous TombRaider games.
Also, I really would enjoy underwater levels.
Like TombRaider II or TombRaider AOD or most importantly Thames Warf in TombRaider III. (Brilliant)
Egypt is after TRA history. There is no need to go back there as it was far to much exploited in the TombRaider series.
How ever I would enjoy Jungle levels.
We have many swamps on earth, exploit them.
And tidy up the events between TR: the last revelation and TR:AOD
I want to see what happened to her in that Tomb as it could have well been hers.
Well that's it for now, everything else was done pretty well.
Include using next gen options.

Phlip
12-05-07, 20:39
KEEP THE BRAID!! lol

And make it behave well too sinse TR8 will be on PS3

jeffrey van oort
12-05-07, 23:14
KEEP THE BRAID!!

Yes, and please bring back her red glasses.
I love those.!
P.S. Is there any chance that in TombRaider 8 there will be a pirate ship involved?
Like that movie, Cutthroat Island with Geena Davis etc.
I would love to see Lara find a boat / ship / pirate ship? that was traveling to avalon a long time ago. It would be so cool if this ship would be trapped inside a cave and Lara gets to move it out of the cave in order to reach avalon ?? or in avalon?? hmz, please add somekind of ship for any underwaterlevel..
I really would like to see a ship.
Not like the one in TombRaider II but an ancient ship.
Atlantis was the first civilization that shaped mankind. Perhaps they built the first ships too.
As Avalon is a part of Atlantis, I very much would like to see built ships :D
Thank you CD :hug:

Sara Croft
14-05-07, 14:34
Make a engine simmular (not the same) as the classics :D

TR freak
14-05-07, 16:10
Make a engine simmular (not the same) as the classics :D

Hell no! That would make the game feel more clunky. In this day and age gameplay should feel smooth.

NatlaIndustries
14-05-07, 20:40
Don't set pre laid out linear routes for the vehicles. Allow the player to freely navigate the level where reachable on the vehicle and use them to cross ravines and the like, also no road kills.

Blackhall
15-05-07, 13:10
I like the idea that was mentioned up the top, of Lara travelling back in time to another civilisation - way back in time. Perhaps her mother never did die and has been trapped in the civilisation ever since the incident. Yet, the only person who knew this was Amanda. Perhaps Lara could find this out in normal times, then she seeks out Amanda for help (therefore making another playable character in the game). Think about it, more of the old Lara, in old places such as tombs, the pyramids etc in the old times. Even though we all like the super bike, shotguns, machine guns etc, think perhaps swords, bow and arrows and even horse riding for a different and new side of Lara yet it is still her.

I think the idea of making Lara Croft too modern straight away is taking the whole feeling of Lara Croft the Tomb Raider away...

dream raider
15-05-07, 13:13
I like the idea of Lara travelling back in time to another civilisation - way back in time. Perhaps her mother never did die and has been trapped in the civilisation ever since the incident. Yet, the only person who knew this was Amanda. Perhaps Lara could find this out in normal times, then she seeks out Amanda for help (therefore making another playable character in the game). Think about it, more of the old Lara, in old places such as tombs, the pyramids etc in the old times. Even though we all like the super bike, shotguns, machine guns etc, think perhaps swords, bow and arrows and even horse riding for a different and new side of Lara yet it is still her.

I think the idea of making Lara Croft too modern straight away is taking the whole feeling of Lara Croft the Tomb Raider away...

Nice idea! I don't like the fact that there is a possibility of another playable character though...

krycekuva
15-05-07, 13:37
the point is that by having a sword people will start complainning that lara looks like too much to the new sword player on the market,.. zelda, prince of persia or assasins creed...
i personally would like her to wear a sword but not in the legends way,... more in the normal one... or small knives for stealth mode... that would so cool,...

second player,... kurtis in tr AOD continuation/remake,...

Blackhall
15-05-07, 13:52
I did not mean the sword like in Legend, eventhough it was quite cool for the last couple of levels, it would of been too much throughout. However I did mean a normal sword, aswell as the classic dual twin pistols. Small daggers that you could throw is a good idea. Its just a different type for Lara, yet its not changing her...

krycekuva
15-05-07, 14:33
exactly what i said before

Blackhall
15-05-07, 14:35
Hence why I said: "this is a good idea". :P

jeffrey van oort
15-05-07, 18:24
Nice idea! I don't like the fact that there is a possibility of another playable character though...

Agreed unless in multiplayable function as in playing against each other.

YvesSL
16-05-07, 14:30
Ponytail! Or maybe since you have outfits choice why not have hair choice too? Ponytail / Braid.

dream raider
16-05-07, 14:46
I would like more lush environments. I also want Lara to be realistic to the fullest, animations, stunning moves and obstacles with more tomb raider-y environments. (Let Anniversary be an inspiration but make new stuff as well) A fully interactive world would be great, (for example you can pick up a little stone in the ground and throw it on an enemy or anywhere just for fun) I love the grapple so keep that and put more use to it. I like the ascending and descending from walls that you have added in Anniversary, I would like that too. :)

anniversarytr11
16-05-07, 15:08
dream raider you just gave me an idea to tell crystal d ABSALING maybe down cliff, ancient tomb face or a skyscraper that could be a new addition! there are just endless things that cd could do for tomb raider in the future:cln:

dream raider
16-05-07, 16:08
dream raider you just gave me an idea to tell crystal d ABSALING maybe down cliff, ancient tomb face or a skyscraper that could be a new addition! there are just endless things that cd could do for tomb raider in the future:cln:

We have abseiling in Anniversary. ;) I only want them to keep this new feature.:)

maximum_123
16-05-07, 18:34
-Let Winston do a bit more though, put him on the headset.

-Could u Make some refrences to past TR's. The Natla crates were funny and a nice easter egg.

Those two are what definetly the essentials should BE!!! lol

wgell
17-05-07, 06:06
Bring back quicksave!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Skullmaniac
19-05-07, 11:02
Bring back quicksave!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Amen to that, and no more checkpoints, I can save the game myself.

Also:

- more levels, more hard puzzles (like timing jumps etc)
- harder game and longer
- more ways to take, so the game won't be so linear
- ditch the motorcycle parts or at least make them better not just going on a straight road shooting guys and jumping sand ramps, thats pretty stupid and very unrealistic, also finding gas tanks in the middle of the road is stupid.
- manual grab
-no more shiny objects, be able to pull anything with the grapple gun, this way people find new ways to pass a jump/trap
- keep Alyster and Zip and the Headset but dont make them say a lot of hints

jeffrey van oort
19-05-07, 21:48
Amen to that, and no more checkpoints, I can save the game myself.

Oh yes :D

jeffrey van oort
19-05-07, 21:59
I would like to see alot more supernatural enemies aswell, and more variation in Vehicles like:

Jeep
Kayak
Glider LOL

Yes !!! UYESSSS!!!!
I like what you think!

lara is mine
20-05-07, 13:21
ok,
get rid of the motorcycle parts, for me they felt completely out of place.
get rid of alister, zip is ok, just shut him up a little bit more
keep the classic pistols, there cool :D
keep the hook grapple! ;)
flares!, no pls.
give lara a more badass attitude then in legend
keep the braid!
keep either the original backpack or the aod backpack.
no grenades!
bring back alot of animals, no mercanaries!
make it wayyyyy longerr
make it hard, puzzles etc...
dont make it so linear.
too many hints

Vickkyyy
21-05-07, 00:08
^
yes yes yes yessss !! :D

i would also say to keep the auto grab.. i really liked it,
but im only agreeing somewhat when i say keep the legend engin,
because, it was amazing,
but i felt lara needed some ajusting..
and the levles were crazy short.. the enmies all looked the same..
lara's handstand is better in the beginning of legend in Boliva, the first cutscene,
i would love to see that again .
the trailers i've seen for legend, are very stunning, but the ones with the rocket launcer, and the original nepal, the forest level... the way lara vaulted up to another ledge.
one thing i really miss is the very graceful swan dive, i must say, that legend's swan dive was very.. plain.. and i missed the original gun posture, and the way lara could keep her guns out at all times,
the way she could do a back flip without her guns out..
like the core games,
i mean CD, trust me, you've done an amazing job, but i would really LOVE to see these things come back.

Shark_Blade
21-05-07, 04:57
Regarding Lara
Keep the braid. Ponytail is not Lara and it looks lame.
Her attitude is sharp and edgy not emotionally disturbed(look at classic's fmvs)
Make good story, can't you make something unrelated to Lara's family??
Make her movements more real and not monkey like(jumping up from a platform from a hanging position)

Alister's_Brain
21-05-07, 07:37
well here are my thoughts.

1. Give lara a few new weapons that are useful, I started to play TR2 and I realized how good the rifle was with long distance, Plus do include some harpoon gun, grenade/rocket launcher.

2. Make lara have new moves such as, sprinting, and her sprinting jump.

3. have lara climb walls like in AOD it was pretty fluid and realistic.

4. Make ledges more smoother and blended into the wall. The ones now are blocky and easy to find.

5. Bring back the spiked walls and ceilings!

6. No more blackouts.

7. bring the adrenalin dodge from TR A and have a jump slow motion option too. Like wait for a enemy to charge then active adrenalin by pressing a direction and jump, and do a filp over a enemy and shoot it in the head, like in the first trailer to TRA.

8. shoot while climbing, the guy from uncharted can do it why not Lara?

10. more graceful swan dives and handstands.

11. non-linear gameplay

12. quiet isolated areas, with a extremely breath taking rooms that are huge and full of ancient artwork.

13. More ways to die. Poison, burning, temperature, curses.

14. keep alister and zip quiet and only call for them when you need hints.

15. Hard Puzzles, More fully understandable puzzles that are hard to master and easier to die.

16. Tombs please, no city levels.

17. The Manor must have a kitchen, attic, garage, dinning room, bathroom, and a ballroom/ or living room and a accessed area to the roof. And the Front yard must be accessable with a fountain the front gate with an assault course.

18. Epic levels, Creative enviroments, Difficult/ fun bosses, Believable areas and dangerous habitats.

Jack Croft
21-05-07, 07:55
Keep Zip and Alister AND Motorcycle PLZ :D

PARANOIA
21-05-07, 10:41
Hi there, CD. I posted some ridiculous requests a while back and I saw how they conflicted with everyone else's... so I have a better idea.

Make Legend or future TR games more customizable. :) Look at what the fans have done with DRACO and eSSe scripting, as well as with TRLE and TREP. Rather than leave us in the dark with a hardlined game, appeal to modders, if you want to appeal to an entirely new audience.

Sara Croft
21-05-07, 12:35
Make the puzzle`s hard and the long!

kryptonite23
22-05-07, 11:21
Make the puzzle`s hard and the long!
That would be fantastic so it will be more chalenging.:D

daredevil
22-05-07, 12:10
keep the motorcycling parts but not the straight road and let her be able to get off the motorcycle and also ditch the stupid gas tanks.:)

make an option for hints and shiny objects on or off

dream raider
22-05-07, 14:27
I want Lara to be more acrobatic, keep the grapple and everything you can do with it (like Anniversary but a magnetic one isn't really necessary) and also add a wall run that Lara can perform without a grapple or anything. Run towards the wall and jump. Also add some hand to hand combat, similar to AoD but more professional or martial arts...

Sara Croft
22-05-07, 14:33
More 'find the key' and 'find the switch' puzzle`s, i grew tired of the physical puzzle's and climbing, and jumping puzzle`s quite fast tbh.

dream raider
22-05-07, 14:35
More 'find the key' and 'find the switch' puzzle`s, i grew tired of the physical puzzle's and climbing, and jumping puzzle`s quite fast tbh.

I thought physical puzzles is what makes tomb raider... Oh well, you're entitled to your own opinion, ;) but so am I! :p More physical puzzles!

Sara Croft
22-05-07, 14:46
Less!:ton: (and you`re right, we`re all allowed to have and say our opinions.. except you!:p)

I would also like the handstand to be more slow and gracious, TRL and TRA is too fast, and if i want to get up fast, i climb up normal.
AoD one was perfect.. copy that one! ;D

Vilcabambaby
22-05-07, 16:43
I'll give mine once play AE. Who knows, AE might deliver some of my suggestions.

TombRaiderLover
26-05-07, 22:28
- No blackouts.
- Spurts of blood
- Closer to TRA than Legend in terms of gameplay

Jontif
27-05-07, 22:21
sort dodgy camera out...
more precise controls...
large levels more exploration...
less linear...
keep tomb raider theme within the music...
atmospheric sounds....
no zip and aslistair....
keep it scary and wonderous....
keep the sense of isolation where possible.. just no hordes of human enemies for the sake of it...
better rewards for collecting secrets... like new level to play etc..

Gregori
27-05-07, 22:42
control

tha_mattster
28-05-07, 10:32
f
l
a
r
e
s

:jmp:

raidergirlrachel
28-05-07, 22:19
i would definitely like the find a key puzzles back like the cistern and most of the levels in trl 1, that is real tomb raider and it is fun to do.

less of the fighting please, i don't want to wipe out an entire army, i want massive levels, loads of traps and rooms that take at least two hours to get out of.

definitely amazing next gen content.

the most important thing is that tr8 is tomb raider avalon (finding out the secret about her mother:hug: ) i was thinking a little middle earth like but very hard to play, lots of magic and lots of secrets from her past.

jeffrey van oort
28-05-07, 23:12
f
l
a
r
e
s

:jmp:

O my god..
How did I miss these..
Yes Flares!! lots of them!! like in the Peru level with younger *classic* Lara!!

jeffrey van oort
28-05-07, 23:15
Make good story, can't you make something unrelated to Lara's family??

lol
I agree :D

Some Bloke
04-06-07, 14:32
please, please, please CD, do NOT bring back the headset!!!! it completely killed any sense of isolation that Legend might have had and will ruin the atmosphere of any future tomb raider game. :mad:

look at how much people are loving Anniversary and realise how much the atmosphere and sense of isolation contributes to the overwhelmingly positive feedback you are getting.

you nailed it with Anniversary, so please just stick to it's formula and don't try to add any silly gimmicks like the headset. concentrate on creating clever puzzles that really challenge the player.

no more hints, we're not stupid.

one good thing to come from Legend was the flashlight though....that was a very nice addition imo so i'd welcome that back, definately. after all it seems inconceivable that an archiologist would go off raiding ancient tombs without some sort of lighting device!

also, please no more mercinaries!! i can't think of anything more boring that shooting mindless soldier clones. there are plenty of dangerous animals on this planet which you could implement into a tomb raider game and they are FAR more interesting to fight. how many computer games have you fighting exotic dangerous animals and how many have you fighting boring mercinary clones? it's what seperated TR from the rest!!!! no mercs!!!
thanks for listening. :)

krycekuva
04-06-07, 16:29
althou anniversary was quite good, i guess they should have some critics so legend 2 will be even better,...

1.- They need serioulsy to stop guiding the player to the exit, example "lost valley (valley itself)" after the trex fight they could have open the area, so you dont need to look for the underwater high roof route... it ends up showing you how to get out of the level, and the secrets,... by opening the fighting area back, the player can really think that going back is the way, and that discovering the other path my not be correct... in anycase the alternative is quite a great feeling,...

2.- I-cutscenes should feature at the end of the game as one cutscene, in legend it didnt mind, but in anniversary IC are splitting dialogues, no point on having 2 small cinematics, instead of one big one, full of action,...

3.- nice add in the lost valley (in the cave) putting windows along the walls in the waterfall main chamber,,... that give the player the sense of being only in one small part of a whole sistem not possible to discover,... that was also pressent in some of the other TR,... TR1, in midas palace, with fences blocking possible paths, and in tr2, wreck of maria doria, looking out of the sunken ship windows... (the should come back)

4.- vast areas to explore more than to solve the level. in the original lost valley, there were lots of caves to explore, caves that were not related to the solving level issue. also in vilcabamba you had lots of path,... in anniversary those were taken,.. do not confuse long boring corridors, with open explorable areas to run or not,.. the alternative once again is important for having a bigger feeling,.. instead of cutting the game, it would have been more funnier or interesting (in vilcabamba) to have an extended village area were to roam around, and to fight some annimals... maybe a secret,.. but with out a actually needed purpose... (the alternative)

5.- and last but not less... the second route.. i found a bit interesting the fact of needing to press or not a switch in order to reach another point.. or going rope swinging or just "ascending", but,.. still better would be if they could add a secondary route, a complette new path to reach the other area, maybe including new areas this one, or foes... being able to choose between completely different ways to go,.. ala TR 3,...

6.- different movements... legend improve a lot of the whole gameplay concept,.. anniversary even more... keep on this line,.. and by having lots of new movements make the game much wider in alternatives... ots about choise.. about being able to choose which path to take, or how to take it,... thats what exploration is based on.... and to perform it better.. let people choose the best way to do it, with more movements...

7.- zip and allister ar fun to some people... to some other are not.. ok,.. in order to make them both happy... why not to let zip and allister being optional aswell as the tips to play.. after all.... we can always hear them in cutscenes and cinematics when things are actually important to be said...

8.- charlie the fish,.. nice add... keep non agresive animals walking around,.. different fishes... birds,... animals that show up and hide... just to make the game looks more variable..

9.- flares, or light... no matter,.. dont care... but they were nice to have...

Jack Croft
04-06-07, 16:51
Personal Light Source Please ;)

mrkaplan
05-06-07, 16:39
These have probably all been said, but worth mentioning again. Will post more if I think of them...

- Hard setting should be a lot harder with tougher jumps, secrets and cutscenes and far less hand holding

- Boss fights are OK, but lesser creatures should put up more of a challenge

- TRA feels more 'real' thanks to improved graphics and a wider range of moves, but perhaps a PS3 version could have weather (changes the way levels play), mud, cuts and bruises

touchmyheart
05-06-07, 16:42
If the wall run is here to stay, I suggest that the backward jump onto a ledge is simplified because it just gets annoying after a while :wve:

Raiden492
05-06-07, 17:47
I think the next TR should use the legend engine but put ragdoll back in for NPC's not just Lara. The storyline should be about Lara finding her mother after she got so close at the end of TRL. They should also bring back excalibur as it was a really fun weapon in TRL but you only got to use it in the Bolivia Redux. We know Lara's mother isn't dead and there would be a more emotional and cinematic side to the game if they put her in.

Laras Lil Bro
06-06-07, 09:08
on imdb larson is now an attatched name. that means he will be in legend two at sum point. and seen as hes dead, im guessin a flashback? maybe we find out how lara n him met? alos who did voice natla in the new game. coz on trc it says Jennifer Hale and on imdb it says Gray DeLisle?

LaraFanatic
06-06-07, 09:20
the grapple back jump is annoying, to get round it, when you wall run, dont keep your hand on the grapple button, when you get to where you wanna jump backwards, press the jump button and the direction you need to jump :)

evasyar
06-06-07, 14:23
...only few things i would suggest involve gun combat.

1) like in TRA now where L1 is to draw selected weapon - should double up contextually to scale hide against a wall to pop some shots. while holding L1 moving left /right doing wall cover scaling, and blind firing...that would be great.

2) small degrees of wall running or springing off walls then shooting would be good.

3) if the camera happens to span multiple enemies, and lara's double-weilding her 45s or SMGs, she can double-lockon and fire, yeah, that would be great too.

mrkaplan
06-06-07, 21:38
the grapple back jump is annoying, to get round it, when you wall run, dont keep your hand on the grapple button, when you get to where you wanna jump backwards, press the jump button and the direction you need to jump :)
Just had another irritating jump back from a wall run moment in Midas. Shifting the camera till you're directly behind Lara worked for me. After a while.

dave150_3000
07-06-07, 20:45
1. Keep the bike/racing bits but don't make them too long. HATED the Kazakhstan bike bit as it went on FOREVER.

2. Don't make the boses too hard. Or leave the boses till the end of the game. Possibly give us the option to skip them and reward us with something extra if we take the time to kill them. If I'm correct, in TR1 you had the option to skip the centaurs? Or maybe that's just me!!!!

Legend of Lara
07-06-07, 23:15
They should also bring back excalibur as it was a really fun weapon in TRL but you only got to use it in the Bolivia Redux.

I take it that you didn't complete the Nepal time trial... ;)

Sovereign01
08-06-07, 15:34
I for one would like a greater variety of weapons, like having a sniper rifle for instance, as in TRA the existing guns didn't have a long enough range in my opinion

seth777
08-06-07, 19:26
My simple suggestion is:

Take Anniversary as a reference or guide to TR8, and forget about Legend, motobikes, zip allister, etc... and for christ sake keep Lara exactly as she is in Anniversary...

Love, Seth:)

Tomb of Legends
09-06-07, 08:34
Heres what should stay:
- Wall Run! (Its such a sexcellent move, and it and Egypt go together like Pasta and Meat!)
- Adranolen Dodge (cant spell, but use LESS of this in Boss fights!)

What Needs to Change:
- Length (Longer like TR2 or even TR4!)
- Puzzles (HARDER I TELL YOUZ!?)

What Needs Fixing:
- Controlls (tighter..)
- Camera

Thats what I want :)

Tomb of Legends
09-06-07, 08:35
Anyone else feel the same about the Puzzles? They were a bit simple once you figure out what to do.

Priscilla
09-06-07, 12:27
I dont know if somebody already said this: But please CD do something about the camera, sometimes it doesnt work like it sepose to be working.

Sorry for my bad englisch

MeowMix07
10-06-07, 03:36
As long as the next game doesn't have any 'very realistic' sharks that jump out underwater and wind up getting all in the camera, I'm good. I would probably run away screaming if I saw that. That's the one reason I didn't play Tomb Raider 2. <.< If they do happen to put a shark in, maybe they could put like some kind of Jaws music to tell me it's coming and make the sharks normal size and very slow. Then again, this is my paranoid side talking. I probably sound ridiculous... I'll most likely have to get over my fear :cln:

paul123456
10-06-07, 12:00
As long as the next game doesn't have any 'very realistic' sharks that jump out underwater and wind up getting all in the camera, I'm good. I would probably run away screaming if I saw that. That's the one reason I didn't play Tomb Raider 2. <.< If they do happen to put a shark in, maybe they could put like some kind of Jaws music to tell me it's coming and make the sharks normal size and very slow. Then again, this is my paranoid side talking. I probably sound ridiculous... I'll most likely have to get over my fear :cln:

Oh god I hated playing TR2 with the sharks. And you don't sound ridiculous. I'm exactly the same as you :p

Amando_au
10-06-07, 13:43
And a horse like in the movie

daredevil
10-06-07, 16:29
i would like that corpses continue lie and to take away stuff such as weapons you must turn them sometimes or move them.:jmp:

just croft
11-06-07, 00:00
I think one of the thing that I had to practice at first was the controls, but after words it was fine (I changed them to be more legend like, atleast the crouch and jump).

Some thing that needs a really big change is the camera, its always moving in combat situations :mad:

the bullet limit you can carry (ex. shotgun bullts) plz cut that out and let us pick up any bullts as the ones there are to pick.

I don't really mind Zip and Alister, but plz shut them up a little more, they could be really anoing and spoilers some times, oh and I wanna see more of winston, but not like the one in TR2 & 3, unless we can stuck him in the fridge.

anything else from TRA was fine, good job (<-- subject to edit... haven't finished TRA yet only got it yestarday, and only got to play it today :o )

suggestion:

try to put time..... hum how can I explain..... well imagine I'a playing the game at 10:00pm the sky/light/sounds any envoirment would appear has if it was night.... the opsite would happen if I was playing at 3:00pm, then the sky/light/sounds any envoirment would appear has if it was day.

Night Crawler
11-06-07, 00:17
Improved Swimming controls, more freedom underwater.

A variaty of different "pull up" animations.

A few vehicles, but not set on and everlasting reel of scenery, you should have the option to choose whether or not you'd rather take the route on foot instead.

A proper backflip, when running, hit back suddenly and press jump, Lara vaults backwards, particularly useful when running on collapsing floors or if an enemy jumps out in front of you. You should be able to draw your weapons in midair.

Spinning kick, hit the action button with weapons drawn and Lara will spin and kick the enemy away, giving herself some distance.

Sprint, perhaps tapping the action button while running could make Lara dash, this would be extra handy for timed traps and escaping your foes.

legend of tombs
11-06-07, 02:43
After just finishing Anniversary, i would like to see:

FMV sequences ( not just in a prieview of the game)

The same amount of tombs as in Anniversary, not many or any cities or old towns.

No level like Natla's Mines again, im not sure if i did that level properly, or if i did it in a glitched way.

The puzzles to be simular like the ones in Anniversary, where they are challenging and exciting to do and take a long time to do.

A very tripped out story (just like both Legend and Anniversary:D)

badboydeano
11-06-07, 03:29
LONGER, HARDER and new vehicles. Everything else in legend is cool. Bring Legend Lara back she is the best so far.

Little-Lara
11-06-07, 09:23
Please, for the love of Lara, get rid of that invisible wall around everything. I wanna be able to explore every single nook and cranny in Tomb Raider, that's what was fun in TR1-TR5. I hate that invisible wall, and I know why it's there. Its there because of the automatic grab, right? Get rid of that invisible wall, I hate not being able to reach such obvious reachable areas. :hea::hea: :mad::mad:

Tomb Raider Jay
11-06-07, 11:51
No more re-makes, focus on the future of the series not the past!! :D

Oh and for the love of god - give the girl more swimming!! ;)
Legend was like a detour, a day out where Lara could go splashing in those few pools, having a whale of a time but she couldn't actually swim anywhere else...
then in Anniversary she was plunged into deeper pools, but it still felt like a day trip at the seaside - she's an athletic and strong woman don't try to fob us off by giving her all those fancy acrobatics then be like "Oh no she can only swim for like 10 seconds or she drowns" - no she doesn't, get it sorted :)

Eoweniel
11-06-07, 12:18
I pretty much agree with BlackHall. So I will try not to repeat anything...but it's inevitable considering the length of this thread, hehe

~ Love TR3's system where you could choose your path. That is, you could complete the missions in whatever order you preferred. Why not take it a step longer and make NEW continents unlockable, such as the TR1, TR2 and TR3 gold levels...

~ More puzzles like the ones in TR4. Those REALLY brought out what Tomb Raider is, IMHO, all about. She's an experienced archaeologist and should know a lot about said civilizations, the way their temples/tombs are constructed, possible traps etc... Why not make the -player- somehow study up a bit in the mansion about this, by actually finding small books in the library that contains info on the areas they'll visit in said game.

~ More tombs/temples/graves/outdoor/exotic areas. I don't know about y'all, but I think Tomb Raider IS meant to be in those kinds of enviroments, and not so much modern places. Those kinda bring a noir-feeling to it, instead of the typical explorer feeling.

~ More ways to use your surroundings, such as the new methods demonstrated in TRL and TRA.

~ Agreed! Make mounts! Perhaps Lara can ride a camel in desert-based areas. A horse in rural areas...

~ Make longer levels with dead ends, but give no hints to which the "right" path to proceed in the area is, just let them explore and if they discover a dead end they can always go back. This might contribute to the annoyance factor, but it'll make the game more fun and puzzling in the end. Realistically speaking, I doubt there's a tomb/temple/labyrinth with just one obvious path to walk.The little I know about archaeology, I do know that the most wanted to intentionally make the sacred resting places quite complicated to prevent grave plunderers from succeeding in stealing/plundering the tomb/temple.

~ More of those continent quests like in TR3... Say, you have to gather the entire armor of [insert god/dead famous person here] across the world... And you have to go to Scandinavia/north europe for the helmet (yea, she could explore some old viking/castle ruins... The left gauntlet somewhere in the west indies, maybe Hawaii. The right gauntlet in Asia. Perhaps India or Arabia or China...The breastplate in Italy, or Greece or somewhere in the Balkans...
The plate leggings somewhere in Egypt or Turkey...
The boots in South Africa...

~ Fer' cryin' out loud, make her lung capacity when swimming underwater longer! I know the duration she had in TR 1-5 was a bit too long, but in Anniversary&Legend it's...far too short!

Hmm..a bit drained at the moment. But yeah, that's all I can think of right now. Focus on key locations, that people would love to visit. With the new awesome graphics, I'm sure that most other tomb/temple-crazed gits like myself would love to travel there again. Like someone up there said, Lara's an archaeologist for Someone's sake! :P Make us see more of the wonders! That's where the true Tomb Raider spirit lies.

dream raider
11-06-07, 12:25
Great points, Eoweniel!

I want more exotic areas and underwater levels, we haven't had those in a long time...

black_sheepa
11-06-07, 12:31
Dear Crystal,
I know you won't read this because there are about 1425 another posts, but if one of you read this, thanks for that.
First of all, Anniversary was great. Reaaaaly Great. Fun in every level, and even though you are reading everywhere that the Centaurs were too difficult, it's not because they couldn't figure out what to do, the controls were just to chalenging.

So my first point is: Better Controls

The contols we now have are very difficult and confusing because you just need a lot keys to control lara. Why not combine some of them. For example, leave the drawing weapons key and just draw them with klicking the shooting-key and klick again to shoot. And taking guns into holsters with klicking twice the shooting button. That's maybe confusing too, but try to use as less keys as possible.

Second point: Interactive Cutscenes

You know that there is a debate about this. So my opinion on this is that they spoil some moments on TRA. But if you want to keep them, please make it more difficult. I mean, you could keep them as they are in EASY, make it more difficult in MEDIUM and HARD by making the reaction time shorter or changing the keys you have to press. So please, you don't have to take them out, but change them!

Third Point: Story

The story is all up to you so i know that my arguments won't change anything on that, but i am afraid of linking ALL Tomb Raiders with each other. Please don't do this. If you want to link Atlantis with Avalon, ok, but don't link the Dagger of Xian with TR3. That woud be pointless. And do no link AoD with any other game. AoD is an alonestanding game and has it's own story. But as i said, i know i have no influence on that. And just one thing: I were a bit disappointed because they were just a few cutscenes in TRA. Would be nice if you would incrase the number. :)

Fourth Point: Secrets and Rewards

The secrets in TRA were just brilliantly hidden. You really made a great job. I'm playing TRA for 3 weeks and still haven't figured out how to get the secret in the cistern. Maybe im just too dumb, but back to the topic.

EDIT: Oh, finally got it. Well hidden leaver Crystal!

I loved the idea of the "special secrets" (i think they were called relicts?) and that they were in the vitrines in Croft Manor. And the rewards were awesome too, but just to say that for future games: Don't make too much Outfits. The few ones in TRA were just enough, so don't add too much Outfits.

And I just wanted to say that it would be awesome if you could add an official Kurtis Trend Outfit. The GROKers could kill him in the new TR. And the other group KEBsomething would be very happy too. I'm personly a GROK so i would be delighted to kill him again.

Fifth Point: Music

The music was brilliant, no doubt, but you didn't use it correctly. Just an example, Sactuary of the Scion had a great ambience because of that noises that suddenly came from nowhere. That was great, but in TRA they were passages without music and that just made it boring. The music you had put into the game was brilliant, but you just need to use it better.

Last Point: Headset (Zip and Alister)

I think that they could be usefull in further games, but i dislike the idea of the headset. Of course you can't get rid of them in the game, they're a part of it, but you should use them less than in Legend. Maybe replace Lara's Diary with the headset, somthing like that. I hope you will find a solution for this problem.

But after all you just did a great job with Anniversary. :gki:

LOL i never used that Smily before, funny thing.

Black_Sheepa

AndrewNi
11-06-07, 13:14
I think they should remove interactive cutscenes altogether. With the past two CD games I've had to stay alert during the cutscenes - some people might like this, but after lots of work, I'd prefer to sit back and watch the story unfold. I also think they're a tad unfair. I have the PC and PS2 version of Legend and Anniversary, and have found that the PS2 version appeals to my picture memory (probably a name for that) faster than the PC, where I have to translate the direction to a key on the keyboard.

Pleeeeeeease... no more dive-shots. That's OTT. I'd rather fill enemies with lead than have to worry about diving at the right time, etc. I have no problem with lead not being the answer (e.g. Sophia in TR3) but just no dives.

I'm going to agree with the general consensus that there should be more tombs. But - they don't have to be Egyptian. Archeology is worldwide, multi-culture etc. I was really impressed with Arthur's tomb in Legend.

I also like multi-piece artifacts. Like the Scion and Excalibur. It's the reward for the hard work, sort of thing. It's been mentioned in this thread before so I won't say any more on that, you get the idea.

I hate the grapple. I don't think you'll remove it but I don't think it's the kind of thing she would use. Like, in Anniversary, whenever you saw a hook on the wall it just had something to do with the grapple, as if the tomb had been waiting for Lara to come along. In some places it doesn't even look like it had any other purpose. Take the great pyramid in TR:A - why on earth would there be a target in the wall that makes some wall hooks appear on a timer? Challenging game wise, makes no sense though.

Which brings me to the idea of having a lot of red herrings. How about some paths that don't go very far? Instead of the telltale white edges, you could have one that appears to be right but not. Not a maze (heard in the commentary, no mazes liked) but dead ends. Some shells perhaps as a consellation prize. In TR1 there's that room in the first level that's a secret. Hidden away but with a medical kit as a reward.

Whatever they choose, I'm sure it'll be great though. Been reading the conspiracy threads, lots of fun :jmp:

Pietras
11-06-07, 14:41
My suggestions:

1. Combat - make it MUCH better. I know it never was the most important part of any TR game, but it always was one of the weakest points. I'm not asking for God of War's ultra complex fighting system, but it would be nice if combat in next TR was actually exciting and polished. Controls, Lara's movments, camera, enemy's AI and other issues regarning combat should also be addressed.

2. Storyline - make it more mature. Sorry but that whole "Blubbering while searching for mummy and daddy" storyline from Legend doesn't really work. Not only it's corny (almost every hero becames hero because of the death of his mummy/husband/sister) but also IMO really infantile and simply pathetic.

I can forgive you (well, actually I can't) stripping Lara from her independence, strength and desire to do what SHE wanted to do no matter what her family thinks, and turning her into daddy's girl who became Tomb Raider only because her father was one and her mother dissapeard, but please spare us these embarrasing moments in wich she starts to cry when she finds her mother in Avalon. I can't even think about it!

And as for Avalon (If you really have to implement searching for mummy in TR8), please DO NOT make it some other-dimension/outherworld kinda area. Tomb Raider was always full of fantasy, but these fantasy creatures/phenomenons/objects were always set in our, real world. That's why it was always thrilling. If we wanted to see Avalon or some another outherworld we would simply play Final Fantasy.

Ohh, and no more blond female main villians. We've already had Natla (2 times), Sophia and Amanda. It's getting corny.

3. Vehicles - Similar as with combat. If you want to implement vehicles levels, make them challenging and complex. Otherwise, It'll be better if there aren't any.

4. Puzzles - Keep the level of puzzles difficulty the same as in Anniversary. I think it was well balanced. Same for game's overall dificulty level.

5. Graphics - try to make it as good as possible. TR4 & 5 were widely criticised for their archaic graphics. Don't repeat old mistakes.

6. Interactive cut-scenes - though they're much better in TRA than in Legend, they still not challenging at all. It needs to be fixed. Make them more complex, for example by making buttons that are need to be pushed random.

7. Don't copy Prince of Persia anymore

Sorry for my english ;P

mzprox
11-06-07, 16:28
I've just finished Legend (after finished anniversary)
some observations and wishlist:
the control was better in anniversary so i hope they will keep it. The level design and puzzles was also better in Anniversary but they can be even more challenging-and im not talking about crazy difficult timed jumps :). There were too much linear part in both games, was too obvious where to go.
The story was more intense in Legend, I liked it. I dont mind if Lara has contact with Zip and the other guy, prolly would be better if we have contact in some levels and not the rest, BUT: please dont give us hints all the time.. its ok for the first level as tutorial, but not for the rest.
about combat: I liked all the boss fights (maybe they could talk less than some boss in legend :) )
Fighting with mercs in Legend was somewhat fun but totally unrealistic. Lara was like terminator or something ( and i didnt liked that She seemed to enjoy this :) ) auto aim needs improvement too
About auto/manual grab: dont really understand ppl why they dont like the auto grab. why is it better to always push an extra button after every jump? Anyway in TR games not the control that should be the challenge but to figure out the puzzles. but since its optional i think everyone be happy :) (if anyone wana play a really challenging way try this: configure the controls that left is back, forward is right, right is left, and down is forward, do time trials.. i f you start to get used to it reconfigure again :p )

KurtisTrent90
11-06-07, 16:37
Continue the AoD storyline after you finished the Legend storyline. ;)

chronicleslover
11-06-07, 21:58
i think u should make it like tr4 where the game is focused in one location and not multiple locations and also keep the engine:)

TR freak
11-06-07, 22:11
i think u should make it like tr4 where the game is focused in one location and not multiple locations and also keep the engine:)

I think TR4 is the best TR ever by a mile but I disagree. Different locations add variety. TR4 still had loads of variety because despite it being all egypt the levels were still varied. It had dark tomby levels, outside sandy environments, vehicle levels and street levels.

slowdiver
12-06-07, 00:29
We have five Tomb Raider games prior to Legend (just including the PS/PC versions and not including TR1; Anniversary took care of that one). Seeing as CD did such a sterling job on Anniversary, I'd really like to see the occasional level from a previous game 'reworked' in a new game. Imagine playing a new Tomb Raider, working your way through a whole new set of levels, when suddenly, you go "hang about, I recognise this..."

I'm not saying that CD should do another complete remake, rather that they include a single level redone in the new style. TR has its own history, so why not revisit a small portion of that?

Micayla
12-06-07, 03:31
Good List everyone I agree to all except the head set keep it its fun to hear talking sometimes if your playing in an empty house:p

Amando_au
12-06-07, 12:48
Also things in the manor there is nothing to do there like in Anniversary it was fun then i finnnished it and it was really boring, then winston didn't do anything maybe they should give Zip, Alister and winston a bigger part all they do is stand, play the computer or read books.

One time i was in front of Zip in a bikki and he said nothing. :hea:

and why does Zip have a barcode on his arm it is like Hitman!!!

Plus Harder Rewards but overall great game!

PLus add the horse i really like the horse!

Oh and welcome Micayla!

Pietras
12-06-07, 13:01
Also things in the manor there is nothing to do there like in Anniversary it was fun then i finnnished it and it was really boring, then winston didn't do anything maybe they should give Zip, Alister and winston a bigger part all they do is stand, play the computer or read books.

Honestly, I don't give a **** about the mansion. They should spent more time on main game, game mechanics (like combat) and other important things, then making new mansion again.

One time i was in front of Zip in a bikki and he said nothing. :hea:

lol ;)

Priscilla
12-06-07, 18:48
My ideas on the new Tomb Raider:

I dont think CD should make the game harder, Tomb Raider has to be a game playable for everyone. I think it is better if they make the difficulty hard very hard for the die hard Tomb Raider fans (not just the combat but also the puzzle if possible, and medium just medium, and easy really easy for new TR gamers.
Also, i liked Legend very much, it was my first experience with TR, and i was completly addicted to it, i liked the variety of levels.
I hope to see in the new TR game also al lot of differant levels.
Like jungle ,dessert, tombs, modern city,levels on very snowy and cold places, militairy bases. ( i know alot of people disagree with this)
I really liked riding a bike just what they did in Legend, i hope they still doing that in the new game, and maybe some more vehicles in it.
I hope they make the Croft Manor really huge, like more people say, with bike parcours in it, horses, a shooting range.
Also, i like Zip and Alistair, but i dont want them to talk all the time, wat they did in Legend, i you did a handstand thing, then Alistair say: Somethimes she just terrifying me, when yoo are at Ghana, and youre headset doesnt work, very strange, but ok.

I know these ideas are not new, but it is my idea of what i like to see.
I have no ideas about a storyline, i liked the story in Legend.

End again, sorry for my bad englisch.

Priscilla

evasyar
12-06-07, 20:30
...like same environment in the level but streamed randomly different, so per each load start of level, players will experience a level x different ways? they do not have to do it on each level of the game just certain 'key' levels to add variety. CD has dynamic streaming going in their engine, why not add dynamic changes to the environment so players can have different ways to experience a level?

silver_wolf
12-06-07, 20:33
good idea! especially outdoors,you wouldn't run into the same animal every time.

mrkaplan
12-06-07, 22:59
We have five Tomb Raider games prior to Legend (just including the PS/PC versions and not including TR1; Anniversary took care of that one). Seeing as CD did such a sterling job on Anniversary, I'd really like to see the occasional level from a previous game 'reworked' in a new game. Imagine playing a new Tomb Raider, working your way through a whole new set of levels, when suddenly, you go "hang about, I recognise this..."

I'm not saying that CD should do another complete remake, rather that they include a single level redone in the new style. TR has its own history, so why not revisit a small portion of that?
Great idea!

Sara Croft
13-06-07, 11:24
Show that Lara is exhausted/Tired sometimes.
This is in cutscenes, and not gameplay. I dont want to job around with Lara, and after 10 minutes she needs to catch her breath.
Bit I would love if she was like in TR4 and TR6.
TR4, at the end Lara leaned to the wall in the pyramid, breathing heavely and looked exhausted.
TR6: When Lara chased kurtis in the louvre, you could see she was a bit tire`d and that she was stopping for half a second just to catch her breath.

I want more of those moments back again, just to show that Lara is afterall, a human.

Sprinting.

Lara got the skill in TR3, and had it until TR7. This skill was great fun, and realistic at the same time.
For a short amount of time Lara could run the fastest she could, but when she stopped, she needed to wait until she could sprint again.
That addition was great to have when boulders that was faster then Lara`s normal running speed came for you. It got at least me excited!

Also I want her to sprint in cutscenes. In TR:A for an instance, the T-rex almost ate her, and she wasnt sprinting away, she was jogging, wich made it look a bit wierd. I mean, who on earth JOGS from a T-rex? O_o

MiCkiZ88
13-06-07, 11:32
^ nice ideas :tmb: I'd especially love to have the sprint back.
Her jogging gets boring :p

My current suggestions:

- Keep the scary atmosphere
- Keep the music levels to what it is in Anniversary
- Keep the traps. I really love the traps so far :tmb:
- Don't keep the interactive cutscenes. Please.. The interactive scenes are just boring :(
- Make her hold her breath for longer. Even most of us can hold our breath longer than she does.
- More interactivity with the enviroments. The areas are beautifull to look at. But there's so little to do there than jog around (like in the valley)

dream raider
13-06-07, 11:39
- Don't keep the interactive cutscenes. Please.. The interactive scenes are just boring :(

I would prefer harder and faster interactive cutscenese in hard mode and those who want easy and longer time to press the buttons can choose easy mode.

- Make her hold her breath for longer. Even most of us can hold our breath longer than she does.

I can't. I'll drown in 10-30 seconds... :( But I would love big underwater levels.

- More interactivity with the enviroments. The areas are beautifull to look at. But there's so little to do there than jog around (like in the valley)

A more interactive environment would be great!

Sorry for quoting your suggestions but they were interesting...

MiCkiZ88
13-06-07, 11:42
I would prefer harder and faster interactive cutscenese in hard mode and those who want easy and longer time to press the buttons can choose easy mode.

That could be another option. :)
I was kinda hoping more from the Larson and T-Rex battle.

dream raider
13-06-07, 11:45
That could be another option. :)
I was kinda hoping more from the Larson and T-Rex battle.

I was impressed with the Larson battle but I decided to wait and see how much time it took before I got killed and you can wait about 5 seconds before you get killed. It would be better if we had one or two seconds so as soon as we see the arrow we press. But for those who want it easy they can use easy mode...

MiCkiZ88
13-06-07, 11:49
Ah.. I was impressed with the battle aswell. But I was kinda hoping it to be longer :D

One or two seconds sound about right. And again on the hard mode. Easy mode could have the 5 seconds. Maybe even disable the button prompts if they are kept the same style. Well atleast on PS2 it's easy to tell which button to press next.

Sara Croft
13-06-07, 11:51
- Keep the scary atmosphere
- Keep the music levels to what it is in Anniversary
- Keep the traps. I really love the traps so far :tmb:
I agree with all of them, but I could live with a interactive cutscene. Just make them fast and hard, so it will be a challange when they arrive.

raider_bear
14-06-07, 02:51
I agree with everything from the intial requests. You guys (crystal Dynamics) are on the right track with Anniversary already.
making it scarier puts us into the perspective of really discovering uncharted territories. Its helps with the illusion. Adventures are exciting and frightening at the same time.
Good job making autograb an option.
Please please PLEASE dont make us click that darn mouse button a gazillion times. Press and holding the mouse to shoot is healthy for us gameplayers. We like our fingers, thanks :p
I really love what Crystal Dynamics has done with the series. Keep it up!

One last big request: Take your time designing TR8. Many of the issues that have arose are from rushing to finish the project and overlooking potential problem areas. If its possible to do that, that could solve a lot of the issues the gamers have.

raider_bear
14-06-07, 02:53
oh I forgot. Make the game longer than TRL. I like to have lengthy plots. THe longer the game lasts, the longer itll take me to replay it over and over again. :D

Ward Dragon
14-06-07, 03:37
I waited until after I played TRA to post here. Now I have some suggestions :)

-TRA had a good balance of cutscenes versus gameplay. Don't make the cutscenes in TR8 too frequent because I don't like the gameplay getting constantly interupted.

-Making the journal in TRA optional was very good. I assume the headset will be in TR8, so make the headset chatter and hints optional too.

-Have complex level designs that make us feel like we are truly exploring. TRA was much better than Legend in this department, but I would still like moments where I see something in the distance that I'm going to go to, or can look back and see somewhere I've already been (Palace Midas in TR1 is a prime example of this)

-Combat options are perfectly fine, and here's how I want one of the options to be: I want to have a button to draw Lara's weapons, and they stay out until I press that button again (this was the advanced toggle mode in TRA). Also allow me to lock onto a particular enemy and have the camera stay focused on that enemy. If the advanced toggle did that in TRA, I couldn't figure out how to get it to kick in. One last thing--I don't like that Lara put her guns away every time she got knocked down in TRA. It was very annoying, and if anything it was less realistic because who would have the time to put the guns back in the holsters while falling? (And no, I do not want her to drop her guns onto the ground when falling because that would be even more annoying...)

-Some adjustments to the wall-run idea: when lowering Lara down a wall, have her simply stop when she reaches the end of the rope. In TRA, she detached the grapple if I lowered it too far, and that was rather annoying. A lot of people seemed to have problems with the wall run, and I did not because I managed to always keep the camera to Lara's back pointing in the direction I wanted to go. For this reason, I think that such a view should be the camera's default position for every wall-run, although the player should of course retain control to move the camera if so desired.

-Separate profiles is a nice idea. I want to be able to start the game over again within my main profile, though (I want to replay TRA right now with the commentaries, but also being able to save my position within the level). We should be able to save our position in the level when replaying :) (Saving during time trials would also be great for those of us who freak out under pressure and alternate between doing sections flawlessly and then messing up beyond all belief :p)

-Collecting things, especially in the mansion, was a very good feeling. I want to collect things in future TR games :D

-The relics in TRA were very nicely done. I like puzzles like that to get the relics, especially the fire-pillar relic in Midas's Palace (I prefer the name Palace Midas, though, because it sounds cooler :ton:)

-A large variety of animal enemies, and an emphasis on exploration rather than combat, was very very good. I'd like more along those lines in the future :D

-The perch move was alright, but it didn't always work (particularly in the wall-crusher traps in Egypt). I like challenge, but I don't like frustration from something like the move not working properly, so that's something to watch out for if similar traps are used in the next game.

-I won't give any specific suggestions for the story since I'm sure Crystal already knows where they are going with this, but I would very much like the story to be presented in a mature manner without talking down to me, over-explaining, or bombarding me with silly dialogue. I thought TRA was alright in this regard, and some of the lines were really funny to me, so I'm definitely not saying that humor should be cut out. One good joke is worth more to me than 10 bad jokes, especially if I'm not expecting a joke. I realized that with Legend, a few of the lines might have truly amused me if I hadn't been conditioned to expect a bad joke from all of the poor dialogue that surrounded the few good parts. Oh, and don't end on a cliff-hanger. TRA was alright because the main story was tied up, despite the obvious loose threads like Tihocan, and the game felt long enough (although I definitely would have enjoyed if it was longer :)) whereas Legend felt short to begin with, and then ended so abruptly that it felt very unsatisfying to me.

-I do like having control over the camera to an extent, although I prefer when it's behind Lara 90&#37; of the time. I think that the camera should by default follow behind Lara, and need to be adjusted by the player to move somewhere else rather than jumping around of its own accord. I noticed a particular example of this in the manor in TRA--whenever I went through a door, the camera flipped around to face Lara directly and since it was a confined hallway, I had trouble getting it behind Lara again.

-The swimming controls are still very counter-intuitive for me. I want the mouse/right stick to control up and down in addition to left and right. That makes much more sense to me than having separate buttons for up and down :) Or alternatively, it could just be that the WASD/left stick control where Lara is pointed and the jump key makes her go forward (similar to the classics method which worked very well).

-Random non-hostile wildlife is a very nice touch (the catfish in TRA, the fish and birds from SR2, the rats and cats from BO2, etc.)

-All of Lara's moves should have a place to practice in the mansion. I'm thinking specifically that Lara should have a combat range of sorts where I could practice new combat tricks like the adrenaline dodge, which took me awhile to learn in TRA because it was hard to pull off without knowing what I was doing. If there are any new combat tactics, they should have a part of the mansion where we can practice them too :)

-I'd like monkey-swinging and sprinting to return. Also, the reverse roll should return during combat and swimming, even if it wouldn't be useful during the normal walking parts due to the controls.

-I had a lot of trouble steering the crates around. They always seemed to twist off course when I didn't intend it. I had so much trouble aiming them that I don't think that they should be steer-able. What I mean is, when Lara grabs a crate, you should be able to either move it forward/backward, or spin it in place. That would make my life so much easier when trying to maneuver crates around. Also, I found it really annoying that Lara let go of a crate whenever it bumped into something.

-Whenever possible, let things happen during normal gameplay in which I am in control of Lara. Taking control away from me to introduce something in a cutscene greatly reduces the effect for me. For example, I prefer enemies lunging out at me unexpectedly rather than seeing them in advance in a cutscene that lets me see exactly what I'm dealing with. Mystery leads to suspense :D For another more specific example, in the Tomb of Qualopec in TRA the game takes over as soon as I walk into Qualopec's chamber. It would have been better if I could have explored that chamber myself and not have a cutscene until I decide to grab the Scion.

-A trailer for Legacy of Kain 6 ;)

Ashnod
14-06-07, 04:15
Wow, nearly 150 pages of replies. Anything I post has probably been mentioned earlier...

Things I'd like to see:

1) More exposition on Lara & Amanda, and Amanda's possible inclusion as a character in the eventual Avalon quest. I think Amanda may be the one person who turns out to be more of an expert on the subject than Lara, and she might require Amanda's help to progress.

2) If TR:A is any indication, then Natla very likely survived and I'd love to see her find her way back into the TR mythos. Nothing as quaint as a "Natla's Revenge" storyline, mind you. Maybe a small easter egg somewhere that mentions her in passing.

3) No more wall crawls that are dependent on "backwards jumps" to complete. If anything frustrated me more than anything in TR:A, it was that.

4) A return of the single button "reverse roll" so changing directions is easier. If you can do it in TR:L or TR:A, I didn't figure out how, and it's one of the things I really liked in the original TR.

5) Less mass-murder. I think Lara killed more people in the Kazakhstan level of TR:L than in THE CROW and TRUE ROMANCE combined. When did she become such a death-dealing machine?

H4RR7H
14-06-07, 09:21
Textures and Shaders - the best possible! Something like oblivion but better and with a decent shadow engine! Lara's skin is excellent in legend but there is always room for improvement! Some bits were a bit low-res/undetailed; give equal attention to lara's environment aswell as her!
Effects - invest in the best particle effects! We want dust and water that act naturally with lara and eachother! Get dew on the leaves and bushes, not just water on lara! Be the first game with real particle water physics! With HDR lighting you can achieve excelent smoke/mist effects. This game needs to be outstanding!
Shadows and Lighting - TR8 needs to have a really good lighting system, with proper HDR and bloom, 3D and self shadows at a high resolution. Have you seen Alan Wake's (that's a game not a person) lighting demonstration? - tr8 needs to be as good or better than that. Legend was good but it can be better - as more and more next gen games are proving. Lighting can change everything in a game.
Physics - maybe it'll be too late but try and get a contract with endorphin/pixelux (when lucasarts loses it) e.t.c and get dmm and euphoria! maybe for tr9? Your engine is good but has little mistakes - don't make the bodies dissapear. Maybe you could get havoc physics?
Lara - she has got to be the most sexiest, most f*#^in best looking photorealistic gal who is not real in the world! She needs to look cgi quality ad much as possible. Eyes! Hair! Nose! Nostrils! Ears! Ass! Boobs! Abs! Feet! Hands! Eyelashes! Fingertips! Fingernails! HER! - especially the hair, that's easy to do photorealistic. No bumps on the in game model - smooth as! Got it? We want to be drooling over her! Come on we're killing ourselves with anticipation! Make her something to be anticipated about! Cartoony is alright but it would be better if she looks humanly possible in the future.
Gameplay - all i have to say for gameplay is:
- continue to keep off the grid system, legend/anniversary controls are good
- remove shiny objects/grapple icons/hints from allister and zip, only from lara, otherwise the games are too easy, fustration in small amounts is good
- get some smaller environments as well as big - that was a good thing about TRAOD
- bring back the cool looking silvery guns from legend/TRAOD/the movies, i understand that anniversary needed her original duals, but hey, change is good.

I hope i made an impact, thanks.

Blackhall
14-06-07, 15:12
1. I liked how in Legend the combat had been improved a lot compared to the previous games. Even though Tomb Raider games are not about the combat, I still feel like it need improving. Lara is a gymnast, so why not add this into combat? The Larson interactive scene in Anniversary, she used her skills for combat; imagine using them to kill the enemies (not just humans) in the future games. I am not saying Matrix style combat, just improved. Maybe add a punch and a jumping kick or so. She has the moves as we see in plenty of the cutscenes, but when do we actually get to use them?

2. I hated the way the enemies disappeared after 2seconds on Anniversary, even when staring at them. Another problem I found with Anniversary, was the fact that some enemies you had to shoot about 15 times before they actually died e.g. the wolves - instead they should create more enemies (perhaps 20 wolves) that only took between 1-3 bullets each to kill depending on where you hit them.

MiCkiZ88
14-06-07, 19:16
New suggestions as I've reached Egypt:

- Keep the chanting monks, wind, sand and other sound effects. Those are just.. wonderfull! The atmos'fear' in Egypt is amazingly done :tmb:

- When viewing the cutscenes.. it's annoying when you have to load up that level before you can watch the cutscene. Would'nt it be better to have the story so far option aswell. You could view all the cutscenes in row and not having to wait ages for them to load. Kinda like saving them as pre-rendered on the disc aswell.

- Keep the music option in the menu. It's a great add.. as are most of the other options aswell. Most welcomed, the cheat option. Not having to type them on to paper. :tmb:

- Shooting whilst crouching. That's what I've missed from both Legend and Anniversary. Makes hiding from the enemies more efficient :p

- Hand to Hand combat, kicking etc.

- More random rooms where you can find secrets, medipacks, ammution etc.

- Keep the ammunition & medipacs. Ads alot to the exploration factor.

- Keep the non magnetic weapons & medipacs that Lara doesn't absorb to herself :p

- More use for the Grapple. The wallrun is ace.. but would be great if you could use the grapple in more places than rings.

- The enemies could be a tad harder.. and more of them. Most annoying factor was that you didn't have to use your other weapons. Not even in hard mode as the enemies were so easy to kill.

- Keep the bottombles backpack!! :D

8accent8
14-06-07, 22:14
hmmm....

MANY more extra rooms 2 explore. lik in the 1st level of TRA where u can get the large medi pack, make more places like that. and larger, so itll be like a real place and more tomb raider-like, even when in a city

absolutly no linearity at ALL, dont force us 2 go some place

bring back the BLOOD, teens have seen blood, they wont cry! talk about makin it more realistic....

let us kill animals, its a game okay? the thing was never alive and its not really dead, so just quit the lil "sorry my animal friends" act. its lara croft not sleeping beauty raiding the tomb

dont flood the place with boring stupid mercenaries EVER again

better swiming controls, make it easier to see where the surface is

less choppy movements, like make the swandive more naturally formed

keep the braid, and that catfish

stop putting so much makeup on lara

dont make 50 outfits and most of them repeated

bonus levels wen u complete the game, and other extras of gameplay

make a HUGE outside for the mansion

CRAZY AMOUNT OF ROOMS for the mansion, i wanna get lost in her house

make a good camera

dont make finishing time trials a necessity, theyre not fun

MANY more traps and danger

keep lots of atmosphere

get rid of lara's stupid sidekicks, what happened to "only truely alive when traveling ALONE"

get rid of unneeded gadgets, BUT keep binoculars, and take out the r.a.d. mode. just regular binoculars so we can see the beauty of the scenry and what not that u hav created (and hav it in the backpack, please)

SPRINT and the huge jump

wen sliding down, make it more natural, which means she wont stop if she wants 2 jump. and make sure she can flip off of it

have an OPTION of holding her guns the classic way

have an OPTION of classic guns or legend guns

have an OPTION of the ring menu

keep the options of hints and auto grab, excellent feature.

make lara tough and less happy-go-lucky

quit the stupid revealing outfits, shes suppose 2 be elegant, upperclass & posh not desperate!
(the bikini was a cheap gimick 4 money, sure we got a pic of her, but not ingame, dammit)

many hard puzzles & enemies

scary stuff that shocks us and unanticipated

stop so much involvment with her parents and make her disowned again. shes not 5 yrs old

make wintson useful, following and farting

lots of long levels, but interesting and unexpected (in a good way)

:P

Jack-occle
15-06-07, 10:11
first let me say that Legend was fantastic - It was like none of the other tomb raiders I've ever played before, and to me thats what is good about it.

I used to sit at home and play tomb raider 1, and be terrified of those bloody bats and wolves jumping out, and having only tigers in Legend aswell and humans made it much more better.

I think that the new tomb raider should not have many animals - only the smallest animals such as wolves and tigers - no crocodiles or Raptors.

Lara Should be able to go any where for instance - once you've completed a mission someone tells you that there is some form of evidence in errr London? so you can pick to either carry on go to London.

Have a skimpy outfit to keep all us lads drooling, - like the infamous NUDE CHEAT!!! have an outfit that will show some flesh, but keep us guessing abit - oo and if possible if lara gets bitten by a dog or shot? have the wounds showing or the shirt half torn....

More Cars and Weapons - add a car or a boat? the kayak in the previous tomb raider was cool. aswell as a wider variety of guns (bring back magnums and mp5s!)

Lara Should be able to Freerun! not too much she isnt Spiderman. Just the small stuff like jumping from building to building, twisting backflips (although the combo you could pull off in legend was great)

Make Legend 2 Longer. when Lara Smacked Amanda and went off to find Her Mother I was Hyped up ready to go, only to see it was the end. but a great cliffhanger. - Which Means Amanda will be back.......

Inform us when a Interactive Scene is about to take place if you have any.
I remember in the Peru Level I was watching for one minute then falling off a rock and dying.....

Croft Manor should be much bigger, and if possible have a mission there - like on the movie where she's bunjee jumping and she instantly kicks A$$.

Make some parts much more rapid like - for instance have a boulder again but have lara have to jump through a dart trap or run along a wall so it leaves the player thinking what the hell do i do??!

Lara should be able to hide - in the previous games i've wallhugged afew times and the enemy knows where i am! i'm behind a corner and you can see!! - if you make it more stealthy but not like AOD that was crap with a capital C. but have like the chance to jump up higher to safety and have the goons shout 'HEY WHERE'D SHE GO!!!' and if we do have to wall press we should be able to see the goon or animal just being itself instead of standing there like it knows somethings gonna happen - not natural!

Finally have another Hype Scene, Like on legend it was the Swan Dive In Ghana - Post a cinematic scene on the internet so we can all get really excited that this scene will be the shizzle.

tell me what you think!

Mithrandir
15-06-07, 15:37
Anniversary was a great step forward from Legend. You did a great job taking everything from Legend that was remotely good and made it great in Anniversary but there's still much you can do to improve the next game.

Anniversary was a lot harder than Legend but it's still not "Tomb Raider hard". The traps in Anniversary were great and some were a little tough, but it's still not challenging for the fans of the older Tomb Raider games. While there were always a lot of puzzles that I needed to take some time figuring out there was NONE in Legend and ONE in Anniversary. Make more and harder puzzles, those who can't figure them out can always find the answers in walkthroughs on the internet.
The greatest thing in Anniversary was the scenery. All those huge and beautiful areas are something that should be kept in the future Tomb Raider games. There's only one problem with that and that it's way to easy to find the way to go forward. The best thing to do about this is to put many smaller rooms so the player has to find the way going in many directions. Put some locked doors but still make sure that the player can go in many directions, maybe has to turn back and go into another room. That's what made the older Tomb Raider games great. The way should not be as obvious as in Legend and Anniversary. No more shining objects and legdes.

Next game can also be somewhat more realistic when Lara's fighting enemies. I don't want to have to shot a bear forty times to kill it, put more enemies and make them easier to kill. The unnatural monster can be harder to kill though if they'll be in the game.

The biggest problem with Anniversary and Legend other than they're way to easy is that there's no blood. When you shoot a person, a wolf, a bear or whatever they bleed. They don't send sparkles into the air and then they die. I don't know what age you're trying to sell the game to but remember that children don't have jobs, they don't make money but they get their money from their parents who decide if their kids can play the game or not. Put some gore into next game. You can always make it a possibility to show blood or not or maybe have a parental lock so us adults can make sure that the children can't see the gore. Like you did in Anniversary you made it a option to use manual or automatic grab you should have an option to show blood or not. Maybe you can publish two versions of the game. One for children and one for adults.

I liked the way you used cut scenes in Anniversary to deal with almost all the bosses. I'm sure the marketing group disagrees with me there so in my opinion you can have as many bosses as you like. I'll just find a quick way to defeat them in a walkthrough on the internet.

Take out the checkpoints and give us a chance to save wherever we want like in the old Tomb Raider games.

So in conclusion this is what I think should be and should not be in future Tomb Raider games:

- No hints (or have an option to disable them)

- No headset (Zip and Allistair did really suck)

- make the game a lot harder (people with less gaming experience can use walkthrough and download savegames)

- Blood and gore (maybe parental lock, an option or two versions of the game)

- Old save system (if possible)

- the story doesn't really matter

- there's no need to change all the small details like Lara's hair and all that stuff. The fans disagree on everything and you can't please everyone.

just do what you want but make the gameplay enjoyable and the game much much harder.

Polinio Croft
15-06-07, 18:56
Ill ask CD to modify the health stuff. Many of us are complaining that whenever we die we come up with full health at the last check point or save.
Please respect the amount of health we save or cheked with because the medipacks arent usefull then.
A lot of us are finishing the game with over 50 meds because instead of using them, we are killing Lara... who cares she comes up with full health... then there is no point on including med packs....

Thank you.

mhebrawi
15-06-07, 19:22
hi i would like Lara Croft to be the same as part 3 with the cars and weapons and movements and to be the same kind of GTA game because Tomb Rider has started these kind of games on playstation 3. and at the end i would like to thank you to hear from us.

Reggie
15-06-07, 22:21
Ever since this thread came about soon after Legend was released, I've been thinking about what TR8 could bring us.

I would like to think that by you guys making Tomb Raider Anniversary, recreating the fabulous moments Core brought to us all those years ago and the game becoming a smash hit alongside Legend, that you may now be thinking of continuing in this kind of direction.

So what is that direction?

Intelligent gameplay (clever puzzles, complex level design, not too much help)
An availability of Plenty of options to allow a gamer of any level to enjoy the game
The TR-ish atmosphere of fear, awe, excitement and even frustration at times that comes together through the top-notch visuals, minimalistic yet highly effective soundtrack and sense of isolation.

Why continue in this direction?

I always had one hidden doubt I was convinced that would be proven right - that TRA would not be innovative but I was proven wrong. What I quickly realised was that whilst Core's TR1 was an inovation in terms of 3d graphics and a female lead, TRA was an innovation in terms of rich, challenging gameplay. Games like TRa these days are hardly heard of yet, there is evidently a huge market for such games. Many on forum for example were crying out for a game like this, not only because they're TR fans but like myself, deprived of something worthy and fulfilling.

Needless to say TRA filled that gap and it seems that gap was filled for many and the sales figures will undoubtedly prove that - that is one thing I'm confident of.

HOWEVER, the real challenge lies in innovation and sticking with the aforementioned direction.

Tomb Raider returning to its fundamentals was fantastic and I believe that all of this is perfectly suitable for the next gen game but innovation needs to go along with that TR8. How we control Lara needs looking at so we can play a game based on skill rather than luck. An example of what I mean by this is when Lara goes to grab a ledge - most of the time she grabs it and other times she simply won't for some inexplicably won't causing many an unnecessary death. (lucky there's plenty of checkpoints around).

In conclusion my overall message is:

Continue in the direction your going. Include those fundamentals that sets TR apart from everything else and continue to innovate and bring us exciting new features along with it. :tmb:

Reggie
15-06-07, 22:22
Ever since this thread came about soon after Legend was released, I've been thinking about what TR8 could bring us.

I would like to think that by you guys making Tomb Raider Anniversary, recreating the fabulous moments Core brought to us all those years ago and the game becoming a smash hit alongside Legend, that you may now be thinking of continuing in this kind of direction.

So what is that direction?

Intelligent gameplay (clever puzzles, complex level design, not too much help)
An availability of Plenty of options to allow a gamer of any level to enjoy the game
The TR-ish atmosphere of fear, awe, excitement and even frustration at times that comes together through the top-notch visuals, minimalistic yet highly effective soundtrack and sense of isolation.

Why continue in this direction?

I always had one hidden doubt I was convinced that would be proven right - that TRA would not be innovative but I was proven wrong. What I quickly realised was that whilst Core's TR1 was an inovation in terms of 3d graphics and a female lead, TRA was an innovation in terms of rich, challenging gameplay. Games like TRa these days are hardly heard of yet, there is evidently a huge market for such games. Many on forum for example were crying out for a game like this, not only because they're TR fans but like myself, deprived of something worthy and fulfilling.

Needless to say TRA filled that gap and it seems that gap was filled for many and the sales figures will undoubtedly prove that - that is one thing I'm confident of.

HOWEVER, the real challenge lies in innovation and sticking with the aforementioned direction.

Tomb Raider returning to its fundamentals was fantastic and I believe that all of this is perfectly suitable for the next gen game but innovation needs to go along with that TR8. How we control Lara needs looking at so we can play a game based on skill rather than luck. An example of what I mean by this is when Lara goes to grab a ledge - most of the time she grabs it and other times she simply won't for some inexplicably won't causing many an unnecessary death. (lucky there's plenty of checkpoints around).

In conclusion my overall message is:

Continue in the direction your going. Include those fundamentals that sets TR apart from everything else and continue to innovate and bring us exciting new features along with it. :tmb:

AngeLara
16-06-07, 00:42
I suggest: more cinematics, optional fight body to body, when Lara's in the water and not playing make her doing a move by herself (for example: relaxing), make Lara to be able to sit, nap, make much more little moves in her home, make other rooms avealable in her home like kitchen, bathroom..., also in her home make a place for pets, maybe an aquarium or in the garden a stable. ;P

Sir Croft
16-06-07, 01:31
make Lara to be able to sit, nap, make much more little moves in her home, make other rooms avealable in her home like kitchen, bathroom..., also in her home make a place for pets, maybe an aquarium or in the garden a stable. ;P

"Create your own Lara, change her hairstyle, build your own Croft Manor" ...Man,this way Will Wright will get mad at Eidos... :p

Stel4eto
16-06-07, 02:11
Ah...Lara, I've played with her since the beginning of the saga. I've not played the last two parts - Legend and Anniversary - for my disappointment, but there is noone to buy me a new machine... (If anyone wants to help me, my e_mail is there for you :) ).But, for what am I reading, I think there is plenty to wish for. I've wathed the trailers and a dozen of gameplay movies, so I think I can have an idea, what these parts feel like. Here is my list of desired improvements, which I've always wanted to see in Tomb Raider:

Original and absorbing story, which can't move you away from the computer. Something brand new, not seen before.

Example:

May be a secret of a parallel dimention, witch we humans can not see, something beyond our senses. I am not talking about time traveling, but about a dimention which is build of matter, absorbing the ultra violet spectrum of the light,for instance, which is invisible for the human eyes. It exists here on the Earth today in the same stream of time. The creatures, which inhabit it are who we call Gods, and producers of the Energy, witch on the other hand generate our world (the one we think is the only one existing). An hi-tech elaboration of a group of scientists produces an equipment, allowing the human's perceptions to see a part of this other "world". Its foundation is based on calculations and scratches, made by the anciens, found in tombs everywhere around the globe. It explains the faith and all religions - their truthfulness. The Gods, how we call them, could be seen by the human predecessors thousands of years ago, thanks to the difference in their eye structure. They feared them because they sucked (and still do) the energy, produced by their (and our) bodies and feed with it. This is why we grew old and eventualy die. But this energy is different from the one, that the Gods put in our creation. It is their life source, so here is the key to The Cycle of Life itself and the explanation of the world. Every monument and artifact shows the key to the puzzle of resolving the mistery of Life and is not just a result of meaningless labour. The "other world" holds the key of traveling through the galaxies. Of course Lara will understand this a little at a time and all at the finale.
The story begins when a wealthy man (one of these few controling the world and pulling the strings of all governments and even personal lifes), of course anonymous to the world, realizes the opportunity of becoming embassador of the man kind in other worlds. Thirsty for knowledge he try to communicate with the creatures in this parallel world. In exchange of dozens of human lives:of persons as many as possible - assassinations of important persons; thousands of Africans, living in the small republics; and Arabians and other -nationality soldiers, during the war in the Near East, one of these creatures gives him an information about the relationship between worlds. He of course at once begins work on creating this portal (humans can not travel like the "ultra violet" creatures). During the construction period, like always a gossip is spread among the high life of society-i.e. to our Lara.
Soon she is informed that a friend of hers (I don't know who could that be right now) is missing. All of her attempts to get to some information on his case fail. Then after a few months she accidently fall among a conversation about a massive kills, when she is talking on the phone (lines mix up). She hears some names and decides to check them out. Now Lara is out on an adventure in Russia and then in Bulgaria and Romania, involving in the high policy and Russian and Bulgarian Mafia. The information she gathers leads her to the gossip she heart before. She uses all of her connections and understands a little of a project ("the project") of massive killing. That it is - the beginning of Tomb Raider: Uprising.
Meanwhile the project is not going very well. The creature is not interested any more and refuses any further guidances. Some of the calculations are incorrect and there is need for more sources. But the time has unleashed the forces of distruction and the historical records decay. In despair of losing his dream Mr. X calls the best lead archaeologists and script-readers, including, guess who, Lara Croft. To attain to the final purpose, Lara has to play by the rules, and finish her job. Mr. X gives her orders to assemble a team and "raid" some tombs, sanctuaries and archaelogiacal stuff. Lara searches through known and unknown archaelogical preservations (in scannered ground layers) realizes the picture peace by peace, until she gets into a place, deep under the ocean, in witch all of the ancients' knowledge in conserved. Lara is of course not informing the X. to the letter. After understanding the big plan she decides to take full advantage of her position and kill X. But a little birdie in Lara's team warbles (he is killed afterwards of course) and Lara becomes main target of all military and mercenaries. She has to protect her life and disappear somewhere not to be found. But the fire in her heart, tearing apart her soul, do not let her to stay underground. She decides to finish, what she has begun and follows in Mr. X's tracks, encountering many difficulties and pain.
After she finally reveals Mr. X hide-out, he has already opened the portal. The equation mistakes has made the portal unstable and it goes only to one planet with similar environment. The final battle takes place there. When attempting to go home, tired of the battle, Lara doesn't realize that she is already carrying microorganisms on her body. When arriving home she has a vision of her father, begging her to help him...
So that's the end

May Lara became the cause of the future human extinction?

0. Stealth - the most important thing. Interaction with environment. Every dim spot of the surroundings must be used properly. The pebbles and sticks can also be used to attract/distract attention, dust can be used to blind and so. Disarming and fast kills are great, but must be done only in the correct moment. It will also be cool to add knock outs and light head strikes, so that the victim should fall on the ground and then be accessible to communicate. Clothes change (undress victims or put on found cloths). But the old fashion crazy bangging - definitely still stays, a lot harder though.
0.1. More karate and karate + guns together. For each gun - different move. Sexy karate is not bad too - for instance thight strangling and many more.
0.2. Encountered objects should be made useable. Torches, relics like daggers, swords and light axes used as a weapons. Torches should be able to be put in the torch holders on the walls. Some of the objects, which can be broken, should and in the game be broken. More cabinets and so for searching.
0.3. Keep the backpack capacity and the luggage shown (guns/bigger objects).
0.4. Making and combining variety of things, not just keys, but and for instance slings, chemicals and so on. (I don't know if this still presents in Legend and Anniversary)
0.5. More and different vehicles.
1. The dead bodies should stay, where they've died. I hate when they disappear. They can also be a mark of the places already visited.
2. The levels should expand and consist several ways of dealing with an obstacle.
3. No more spread around guns and medkits. They should be placed in killed victims (probable to have them). Lara should start with some amount and not bump into goodies in some niches and dark corners. Because in tombs, haven't visited in th. of years there is noone who can put them, or even create them. So... Also, body-searching must be the only way to take them. It's very stupid if things just fall on the ground.
4. Information... Interaction with characters. Let every word of Lara reveals more pieces of the puzzle and predetermins future events. Each highlighted choice should continue the conversation. I mean that, there shouldn't be a perfect choice, so that it tells everything, and the sequence doesn't proceed till it's not chosen. Every choice should reveal only some part of the desired information. The predisposition of the character should also has some weight in answering.
5. Enemies must not be encountered in places, unnatural for them. This means that the tombs won't be so overpopulated, like it is now, and the bears and so on will not stroll around.
6. The specific enemies must not attack at once she is in range. Why the bats attack at all. The animals aren't so furious you know. They should react only if they are hit or rushed at. And not each kind of animal attacks. (I like the little monkeys in TR3). The humans and alikes on the other hand must react at once.
7. The human opponents can become able to be talked to and withdrawaled from atempt to kill, if the current situation allows this, of course (not everyone of course).
8. Lara can use a little bit of her hot looks... In persuasion for instance or in attracking attention and gathering info. Lara is rich, so let's us don't forget that bribing is some nice policy.
9. Let Lara's hair fall loose. That would be nice and some new now-age costumes. The black dress in Legend is so out-fashioned.
10. The small ledges that Lara can hold on to, should disappear. She must be able to do the same thing at roughnesses at walls, that are not so visible and exactly protruding, that present on all walls, pillars and so on. Also there shouldn't be a complete slide on ledges, it must be done partial with few steps.

Sorry for the language mistakes!

Jabe
16-06-07, 08:29
In future TR's it would be nice if you could find a relic (perhaps in the mansion) that will give Winston a costume, his old farting version, where he follows Lara like old times with his rattling tray (but with updated graphics of course) - of course the kitchen and freezer needs to return if thats the case.

fondantcookie
16-06-07, 11:57
Take everything you did with Legend.....
....and forget it...

Then take everything you did with Anniversary....and build upon it !

:wve:

Plain and simple ! :D

Mithrandir
16-06-07, 14:45
....and forget it...

I agree, Anniversary is like Legend without sucking :p

just croft
16-06-07, 19:19
....and forget it...

I think CD corrected alot of mistakes from Legend mostly becuase they listened to fan's opinion.... for that they did a fantastic job with TRA but there is still space for improvement.
-----------------------------------------------------------

My sugestions:

(....part 2, now if finished everything in the game)

- Underwater movements where a bit.... I can't find the word for it so, allow me to use the word "TR1". try to change the going up and down from the key's "f" and "spacebar" to the mouse. (not sure about the actual keys becuase I changed them for more Legend like.

- Please, please & please! I beg you, put less cutcenes, they where boring and most of them where useless!

- I saw a post that said "let us choose the hair color....". Hum... I desagree, Lara must be Lara, the only thing I think that you could let us choose is the outfit, in TRA I think that wouldn't work well becuase In TR1 she allways had the same outfit.... but in futur games you could give us a selection for 2 or 3 outfits per lvl for us to choose.... then when we had finished the game and unlock all outfits we could choose whatever outfit.

-Just Croft

diefkong
16-06-07, 19:48
Indeed I agree too.
Forget Legend, and build further upon Anniversary!
Here are a few things I would like to change in the new TR8;

- Better camera, sometimes it gets sooo frustrating! Best example; swiming. Also, when you do those stunts where you need to slide off platform, swing on stick, quickly jump on other platform, then grab on other ledge (you know, the insane stuff :D), the camera position HAS TO GET BETTER!! I constantly died because of this, cause I didn't see where the platform ended cause of the bad cameraposition, so I always slided of the platform :(

- Better graphics. Please make TR8 (finally) with 'real' next-gen graphics! It's not that Anniversary has bad graphics (on pc), but it could be better! I mean, all the graphics of games these days, are getting as insane as Crysis :eek:

- More reward and secret stuff!! Everyone will agree with me that the game plays longer (or replay the game multiple times) if you know you have to redo that level cause you need to find that artifact so you can have rewards like nice nice new outfits :D or maybe some rewards that affect the Craft Mansion (for example change the buttler his outfit, he needs it ^^)

- Longer game. Anniversary was a little too short. But I did play it a long time, cause damn it had some brainoverloading puzzles :p still, I found it a little short, so pls a little longer :D tnx

- Better story. Not that anniversary (the story and all) was bad, but it could be better. And more exciting movies. Those interactive movies where a very good thing! I was like when I saw a boss fight, oh now I have to fight him but I wanna solve puzzles and not do a boss fight were I constantly die in and get so frustrated cause of it :(:(:( but then the only thing that appeart were some arrows and that was like hmm nice :p

- A GOOD ENDING!!!! OMFG watta f*** was that!! The ending of anniversary :confused: just left on a boat, boom credits. Not so good :( I mean like, the game has very nice sweet music! They could make it a nice sweet I dont know what ending, but not like that!
Maybe a good ending (and people would be excited then for the next TR), is like she is sitting in her Mansion at the fireplace after the long mission for I dont know what relic, and then you hear that sweet Mansion soundtrack at the background and suddenly her father gets in (yeah, they'll invent something that he is still alive :p), and you see a happy smiling cute look at her face and there the screen goes to black AND THEN THE CREDITS. That would be a sweet ending :p i'm just saying ok (so pls no stupid comment on this).

Well, these are my things they will hopefully change (except then that thing with her father, that was just for saying :D)

Shrantellatessa
17-06-07, 03:39
- Tomb Raider Legend was awesome, technically speaking (design, Lara's appearance...etc), and since the landscapes and the scenaries are breath-taking, plz consider equipping Lara with a small Digital Camera (maybe as a unlockable bonus via time-trials or game completion), it'd be a good opportunity for digital photography lovers to combine their two loves: Lara and photography, also, the cam would be helpful to shoot some artifacts n places!

- Plz bring back Alister and the others, Lara feels so lonely without them, but just make a lil bit less talkative n sarcastic!

- try to make the controls easier to handle, especially for PS2 and not very depending on the camera's angel!

- it'd be better to get rid of the wall run (of the TRA)

- i personally think that Lara in TRL was much prettier than the one of TRA

- more vehicules (with shorter monotonous chases) would be most welcome!

- can Lara ride a flying creature in an old cave (in a boss fight for example)!

- thank u for thinkin of the female players by adding some pink outfits like in TRL!

- a bigger and mooore open manor would be just...WOW!!

- some urban places wouldnt be harmful, in my opinion :p

- instead of only having new outfits, can Lara have more haircuts too?

- i'd like to see Lara with some high-tech gadgets too!

...more to come :)

nikkocozmoz
17-06-07, 16:31
I love the going down sequences of Tomb Raider. I would make the outfits accessible from the beginning, I don't know how, because it's annoying, I don't want to go through the whole level again to see Lara with a different outfit. She should have an outfit with high heels. SEXY.
The cheat system does not work. It sucks I mean, let us decide if we want to cheat, don't make us wait to be sinful!!!
Have more surprise attacks and suspenseful cut scenes like the one in TRC where she was hanging and Pierre was above and they were talking and....I don't remember, but I liked that.
I don't like how she jumps up from ledges to a higher ledge, it takes away credibility.
Remove the standing on the thin vertical structures, no one can do that, not even her.
MORE GUNS!!!
She lost her lady-like manners and she needs to get them back, like the walking and the handstand, it needs to be more feminine. YAY TRA

SamePaul
17-06-07, 20:52
I don't like how she jumps up from ledges to a higher ledge, it takes away credibility.
Remove the standing on the thin vertical structures, no one can do that, not even her.
Oh yeah, beating monsters (like t-rex e.g) with small-caliber pistols (which has endless bullets btw) to the death is ok, but jumping on top of pillars is impossible :ton:
I'd say, women can't do such stunts anyway, so lets make Lara married, send her to kitchen and give bunch of soiled children. It's much more appropriate, right? What a brilliant adventure, isn't? :hea:

MORE GUNS!!!
She lost her lady-like manners and she needs to get them back, like the walking and the handstand, it needs to be more feminine.
There is enough guns. No need to make another Quake or UT.
She rocks and it is the way it should be. Point.
I'd say, give her more abilities. I'd rather see her treating enemies in Jet Li way. Not necessarily do exactly tekken-thing, but killing them by hands can be really adrenal-thrilling. And those who unable (or don't want) make it out can always use guns.
And yes, DO SOMETHING WITH BULLET-TIME!!! in Legend it was just amazing. In Anniversary it really sucks and rather useless and annoying.

nikkocozmoz
17-06-07, 22:00
Yea, that's right, standing on poles is even less realistic than shooting a T-Rex, it goes with the story anyways. And the bullets...well...I don't know about those, but I like them!

CAISACO
17-06-07, 22:02
I have some!!!

- Fix the braid going through neck thing:o
- Lots more kills in each level, about 25 animal kills:)
- Make a lot more cutscenes
- Longer game
- Pole balancing is a KEEPER!!
- And when she grabs a horizontal pole, she should just swing then jump off, unlike Legend when she had to swing around twice :X
- Same combat like in TRA and Legend, the rolling and dodging, and flipping, but in this TR8 game, keep the shooting like TRA and keep having to press shoot to shoot, I really got used to it, when in the beginning, i absolutely hated it :X Also, when she jumps and shoots or rolls whilst shooting, keep it TRA style and have her keep shooting unlike TRL when she stopped till she hit the ground :(
- And finally, at least 15 VERY UNIQUE outfits, that will make us want to get them, unlike CD's Legend outfits, almost 5 different models of outfits, but just in different bloody colours! :hea:
- WAIT! ONE MORE!!:p Have her have different outfits for different levels, like Legend :)

Also, ahh! I can't wait for the feeling like when I saw the first TRA screenshot!! I just love it when I get anxious for a game to come out!!!!

CD please keep the adrenaline dodge for animals, if there are mercs (:() just come up with something new!!:)

I did and there was nothing wrong with it imo. If u complain about the controls just get over it they're not that hard and took me about 5 mins to get used to. If u complain about bugs then I cant say anything coz I never experienced any bugs. AOD was a great game and it had the best story by far. It was very challenging and it felt like a tomb raider game to me. I was surprised by all the criticism it got. It was unfinished and if they had time to complete it it would have been the best tr ever or at least one of the best. I know for a fact it would have had duel pistols and a rele good mansion. You cant complain about tombs coz tr2 had even less tombs. What are u left to complain about now? If CORE had a few more months it would have been one of the best trs and possibly the best. If CORE still made them we'd actually get to play a tr game and not just a simple action game. Its Eidos' fault that its gone downhill coz first they rush CORE and they release and unfinished game and after bad reviews on one game they dump CORE for no good reason so anybody who makes tr now doesn't know how to make a real tr. I blame Eidos for trs downfall.

I totally agree with everything you just said!:)

just croft
17-06-07, 22:07
I have some!!!

- Fix the braid going through neck thing:o
- Lots more kills in each level, about 25 animal kills:)
- Make a lot more cutscenes
- Longer game

Also, ahh! I can't wait for the feeling like when I saw the first TRA screenshot!! I just love it when I get anxious for a game to come out!!!!

I hope you mean interactive-cutscenes, becuase there were just tooooo many unnteractive-cutscenes, they were all uuuuuuuuuuuuseless, and they just "burned" time in time trails! I was the most anoing thing in TRA after the camera never being still.

CAISACO
17-06-07, 22:11
I hope you mean interactive-cutscenes, becuase there were just tooooo many unnteractive-cutscenes, they were all uuuuuuuuuuuuseless, and they just "burned" time in time trails! I was the most anoing thing in TRA after the camera never being still.

I loved the ICs, I want more of them AND more cutscenes :)
The camera: Never had a problem with it, I play on PS2 though...

RAID
18-06-07, 17:35
My concerns are about replaying the game mostly.

Firstly remove the ledge jumping sideways,upwards features.
Don't overuse anything. Whatever it is, when overused gets boring.
Save health/ammo state in checkpoints
No limited ammo (that really reduced exploration)

Now replaying the game.
I wanna re-find all my weapons, just like in the old days. I don't wanna have a weapon in a level when I found it in the one after it. Also the ammo state should be exactly like the first play.

No losing all health packs when replaying the game.

When I save during replay, when i reload the game, I wanna start from that location not just saving rewards and restart the level.

LisaNicole
18-06-07, 18:32
Here are a few suggestions of mine.

-Bring back the 'save wherever' system! I want to be able to save my game whenever I want, and save it wherever I am. No checkpoints please!

-No more interactive cutscenes! They are just incredibly lame and easy. No challenge.

-Keep the inventory. It adds to the exploration feel.

-Longer and harder levels. Anniversary is definitely on the right track with this, but level length can always be improved.

-For god's sake, get rid of the ponytail. It looked awful. Bring back the braid.

-Focus on exploration and puzzles. Combat is secondary to these.

-Keep combat the way it was in Anniversary.

-Make the headset and contact with Zip and Alister optional, since the fans are so divided on this. Then everyone is happy.

-Keep outfits to a minimum. This isn't 'dress-up Lara'.

-Have the enemies be primarily animals and supernatural beings. Mercs are just boring and don't fit with Tomb Raider.

Boukensha
19-06-07, 03:15
hi, i´m new here...

- keep the checkpoints but make an history, for we back where we want in the game, and let us save where we want too, for that places that we fall and have to do everything again.. but keep the checkpoints for make the autosave job for us, but let us save in other places too...

- keep the interactive cutscenes, but make it better whit some new things, not just so simple...

- make more outfits like was on legend, bring all ever outfit we saw in the last games, and keep the relic system, that is a lot better... but put that in some far places useless for finish the levels... just for we found the relic there... even a all temple or tomb just for the relic like an paralell history... make the relics not just secrets but really things whit places just for them...

and make the option for us change her make up, change her hair, (ponytail, braid, long, shot, japanese style, tr5/4 teenager lara style), and combine clothes, change pants, shirt, colts, gloves, belt, everything

make lara 100% configurable... the sims style lol

-make the levels bigger tham tr3, and more longers... make the game the most longer of the series...

- keep zip and allister, but make the headset configurable...
whit:

3 levels...

full headset = legend
moderate headset = no hints, just trashtalk whit hints in ask botton, you press the botton, and lara ask something or talk something, and we got an hint when we need
off headset = nothyng, total silense, but if you want ask anthing just press the botton... and they will talk just on cutscenes and finish parts, parts that have to do whit the game history...

- mix the combat style of tr7 and tra, whit levels whit a lot of humans and level whit a lot of animals.. and whit both matrix atacks, the adrenaline and the legend´s matrix atacks..

-bring back:

kick and punch from tr6 and make it more datailed... whit more moves... like an botton for that kind of atack, like caps lock, whit caps lock once, e for punch, r for kick, and f + r for low kick, and f + e for low punch, and space + r for jump and kick, and e + space for jump and punch, and some combos.. like double punch, double kick, spin kick, like old scholl fight games.. and the option for get the guns, and punch whit the pistols, like lara did in amanda´s face in tra...

-make white weapons, knifes, swords, baseball bat, and the option of take chairs, rocks, bars... etc... and use like a weapon

-bring back the combine items and guns option from tr4 and tr5

-bring back the "wormhole pack", no medick packs limit, we want carry how many things we want...

-more guns, bazooka, and all guns that we saw on tr... the underwater gun from tr2, and the darts and the tazer from tr6...

-make an double semi automatic pistol that can turn into blade form, like power rangers/super sentai´s guns, and that could too be combine into one powerfull gun...

-make the croft manor 100% opened, whit the external area from tra, and more 3 areas, the front area, the other side area, and the backside area, and open the gates near of the gym, build some thing big, lika some japanese gardens whit bridges and rocks beetwen the gym and the pool, and make the second floor external area opned, make some training area like the movie under zip place, and bring back the freezer and the anoying winston for we lock him into the freezer, bring bake the ball room, and the kitchen, and another things like that, bring bag the under and above area (sorry i dont know every word on english, in portuguese it is "sotão" and "porão") the under area could have an tank whit fish and key like tr3, and more things, make it whit the size of the all house, and the above area make it acessible in every place of the house, the external area, in the other latheral side, build the training place, like it was on tr2 and tr3, build in the front external area, an large placa that can see the front side of the manor, and the two external side areas, and acess them, and make an verry large gate, put here a lot of things that a manor font garden could have, and build an garage, whit car inside, that we can ride them, in the back external area build an entrance for an personal and private jungle whit lara´s museun like an temple underground, and an big cave under the "porão" for we ride whit the vehicle like tr3 area, and after the big and full of things jungle build an montain, whit an lighthouse for we see the house and a great view, make some panorama city and other things just for keep the unlimited space felling... spread the unlockable things in all parts of the terrain, for make us explore the house a lot of times.. like for open somehting under we have to get the key in the lighthouse... and things like that...

- show more of japan, but no city... show temples and acient japan things.. give lara an japanese style and a katana...

- time travel, make some time travel in the history...

- bring lara´s mother back and make lara´s lost in the end of the game...
and in tr9 send lara for feudalism japan, and make lara´s mother take lara´s blace, and make her discovery that lara is living in the past... (back to the future style) and make both of them comunicate whit sme ways and go after the same legend... (like that movie that the son and father talk though time whit a radio) and make a lot of time changes... and make us play the game in the both.. past and present..

- put an option of zip play some music that are on the pc.. like you press t and type, play c://music/gekiranger_opening.mp3, lara will say "zip, please pplay something for me..." and zip puts the music...... but, the sound must come junst from one box.. because lara only hear the headset on one ear, and make the music sounds like zip voice, whit sound filter for look more real..

- make tr8 in the same engine and the same style of tra and legend, just make some better graphics, whit the next gent, but optional like legend... for dont make it so far from legend, once that is the second part of legend, let the biggest graphics news and engine and every revolution for tr9... and release na ps2 and psp version... (i play on pc)

- help the modders, mod helps the game popularity... make the game easy for change... give us some tools for edit lara models... and more things from the levels and the menus and everything, dont just texture, but 3d models and script things... make the game easy for trasnlate too...

-PLEASE the thing i most want, tomb raider level editor whit legend/tra engine... whit everything for us make our own tomb raider game, whit more options than the core´s one...

- keep the inventory and make it like tr6, whit the all divisions, and show us the backpack and where are that things... like pokemon, when we change the area of the pack we can see where are the things, make the middle and the bigger place for guns (let us carry how many guns we want to... dont care if the bazooka is bigger than the backpack, let us carry a lot of big weapons inside the backpack), and other for pluuze items and keys, other for health items (make it like tr6, whit a lot of things)...

- bring back the flares! but like it was in the old trs, but make it better too... whit th option of focus the light in walls and other things... but keep the lights... make they both usefull for different things... and make the light baterry an item that we can pick up like flares...

- bring back the rope walk move from tr5, the run from tr3 ~ 6

- dont let the graple in the all game, change it for the gaple gun or some other system in some levels, and make some vertical grab whit rope, like the wall walk, but not from one part for another, and yes of down for up or up for down...

-let us save where we can on replay

- dont put items in places like "shotgun ammo in the middle of an acient tomb"
make the things less nonsense, put some human remains and the items near of it.. the guns make them just unlokable, dont put uzis in the top of an sphinge, this dont make sense... do it>

- make every time that change the location lara back to the manor.. make the game start on the manor...
like it..
you press newgame, and you go to the manor, whit the introduction, the history, lara pick her things, so you start whit some objetives, zip ask if you want to learn the controls and you can say yes or no, if yes you could go to the gym and training, (bring back lara´s teach voice ^^), if no you just have to go to your room, and chose the outfit you want, so that is the good thing, if you are going to an ocld location, the game you say that is better take some kind of clothes... so you have to get the guns in the guns room, and each end of location you back to the manor and could chose more guns... and you can get guns in the level too, but all guns could be unlockable and you can get them in the manor, before go to the levels......

- make us choose where go first like tr3 in a globe on the manor..

- bring kurtis back, but make him just an support.. dont make us play whit him, but let us play whit him if we want.. like this>

you start the level whit kurtis, and he cover you, in some part of the level lara and him must go for diferent places...and here you can control lara or him or both, for discovery all secrets, you must control both whit the more strategic way, for open everything, like a team work.. but if you want play whit just one of them you can finish the level anyway...

- keep the vehicle levels, but make them better, dont just going and shoting, make as a normal level, but an fest level, look at the old tr´s vehicle moments, mix the legend style whit that style... and put vehicle inside the normal levels too, like london level that use the vehicle for open the wall... things like that... and make vehicle levels that we can back, turn, and explore.. dont just run or game over...

- bring back the old manor as special feature...

- make the game more configurable, let us decide how we want the menu, what font, what lara´s outfit, what level, make the options of panoramic scener or stroped, whit or whitout lara, legend style menu or classic cicle menu...

- keep the r.a.d who wants this help use, who dont want, just dont use... and make it better too... more futuristic...

- keep the granedes, but bring new things for we trow, like smoke granede, flash granede, and shurikens!

- make the controls better for walk the walls... that was really sux, make them just automatic... dont matter the camera´s direction, lara will always jump in the right place... because this atlantis was verry hard, but isnot that good hard, was that bad hard.. the dificulty cant be in controls, must be in the strategy, in the pluuzers, in the annymies, in the solutions, and the grab too but not control things...dont make us just put the camera for some place that dont have so mach sense for jump in some direction, in legend it wasn´t a problem, but anniversary was... because like jump for back form the wall, was verry hard, because the camera... so was hard to know what we supose to do for make lara jump in the right position, because the right position aways change... like the stairs on the third egypt level on the water room, that sux a lot... a lot of times i jump and lara dont jump in the ledge, but jump in the water, and i have to grab everything again...

- for make everyone happy, keep almost everything optional... and help the fans modify the game... like the musics, dont make the musics whit the isolation atmorphere because some wants, or make them whit it because i lot of people want, just let us decide, keep the musics easy to change in an sound folder.. dont make that bigfiles, that really sux, we want change everything! make the game very easy to change... dont just for modders but for the internal game, whit a more complex option system, let us decide how many enemys, or how manny dificult, dont in easy, hard, or medium, make some 0 ~ 100... advanced options..

- in the punch and kick that i said let lara learn martial arts, sow we can change, like we change the guns what moves lara can do.. please put a lot of kung fu styles... and make someboss that is just human, whit non super powers, just a fighter for lara kick the ass, a lot of guys whit no guns for lara kick ass whit martial arts, and a boss for just fight whit a sword, a normal sword, a japanese sword... and put some chinese guns too, like nunchakus, and a lot of that things... but dont make everything really needed... because some people dont like things so much far from the tr style... so... dont abuse of this, but keep it the all game, for who likes, just make one level where we really need use it...

- make urban and non urban places.... dont make more one or other, if have 6 level whit high tech bases, and urban places make 6 levels whit exploration places... dont make everything tombs and places like annyversary because have people who love´s tr3 and tr5... and like to play a lot of diferent kinds a level.. its not all urban or non urban... its a mix of everything, so put every kind of places... citys, dont just one, and put normal people there, but dont make the citys enpity or make us talk white the people (but let us talk if we want) make citys whit mercenaries doing somehting htere, and lara have to enter in some base, and make tombs, temples (japanese temples!), under water places, well... every kind of place tha we already see, and try looking for something we dont have seen yet.. make the game verry mixed... and longer, put a lot of everything... for make everyone happy...

- real time... make the game follow the pc clock, whit day and night, make rain eventualy in the levels.. put things like secrets and relics that depend of those things... make the game more depending from the real world....

- bring the crowbar and other things like that back...

- please, dont make the cinematics whit the game engine, make like core did, make the fmvs as a videos, whit a better quality, whit more action, today you guys can make cg graphics like movies, so do it, do some hoollywood cg work, for look like a real shoted movie, not a game, and put it as a cutscenes, just make the interactive cutscenes whit the game engine...

- make the underwater movements whit the mouse

- put some bloody options locked for we open whit some mod... i hate see death whitout bloody... at less realease some path... i know that sux age classification

off topic...

(i hate this kind of thing... this idiot way of think of kids cant see bloody.. and violence... in japan it is not take so serius, the japanese version of power rangers [where power rangers are made from] for exemple have bloody (today not so much, and is for five years kids! but everyone can like too.. the bloody helps ueheuheue, lol, in 90´s sentai, like kakuranger the bloody was very more presense, like sandaru´s death the japanese version of rito kill him whit a sword and he show the sword full of bloody whit no mercy... ) natsuki in boukenger have her arm cuted (not out just cuted) for the ashus (some kind of demons) use her bloody for open the mirror, and in the american version, they use her morpher, i think it is very idiot... why here have this bull****? games like tr that eidos want to everyone buy, dont´s matter the age cant have bloody because stupid people who hates violance.., and series and movies that have violance are taking off from the kids.... i hate censure!

well backing from the off topic...

- please send the game to brazil like old times (tr1 ~ aod) for the store... i hate pay bills of imported games and shiping cost... i already have to do it whit japanese toys and things... but it´s fine, because nobody like´s sentai here, but everybody likes tomb raider here... so what hell you guys are waiting for talk whit greenleaf right now, and send tra and legend for them.. i just can find in the store the ps2 versions.. the pc version i cant...

well i think is just it for now... i registered just for say what i think... sorry for my extended text, and for my sux english... i´m not working in my english right now because i´m want to learn japanese and move for the holly land (for me japan is holly because i´m a crazy and sick super sentai fan [super sentai is tokusatsu near of anime, its like anime whit real actors])...

croftman13
19-06-07, 16:06
i would like to keep the autograb and the headset
i think lara should only be able to carry 3 weapons. i think it should be the standard dual pistols, choice of magnums or the dual mini smgs, and a choice of a shotgun, harpoon gun (for water levels obviously), or an assault rifle/ smg. give lara a knife to use for combat and to help with puzzles and the like.

maybe to make it multiplayer there could be a separate story (like in james bond everything or nothing) for co-op. thats just an idea though. in the co-op there would be some special moves that the two tomb raiders could do.
there could also be some competetive multiplayer like racing to solve different puzzles and get different artifacts/ items. again just a thought.

Micayla
21-06-07, 01:37
They really need more puzzles and I agree with Lost_Raider who talked on here about the pressure plates, the puzzles need to be way more creative. Also more adventure and not so straight forward Crystal Dynamics let us get lost sometimes its not fun when its a path made out for you:p Also keep the fighting sometimes when your frustrated with everything sometimes ya just need a hardcore fight, but tie it in with the story line,adventures, and puzzles, and let her use her fists sometimes, shes no wimp :P. Anyway I really enjoyed tomb raider legend but with this pole hopefully Crystal Dynamics will read it :D
PS. MORE EXPLORATION IN THE MANSION!!! LET US GO OUTSIDE!!! :D
also better vehicles and varieties.
and make the automatic grad optional so we can have manual or automatic grab :D that way everyones happy. (its optional in Tomb Raider Anniversary :) )

Micayla
21-06-07, 01:38
also keep zip and Allister I like them and keep the headset its fun :)

johny_v1.3
21-06-07, 14:22
Get rid of obvious and shiny edges. Use "everything is climable" system like it'll be used in Assassin's Creed. But we'll see how that works out.
Also I don't think ragdoll system is realistic... (Lara slides miles away instead of crushing and doing rools etc..)
oh, and no fade effect :)

MMAN
21-06-07, 22:10
Improve the consistency of control. Sometimes jumps can vary even they're from almost the same spot, hopefully the new engine will go some way to fixing this anyway.

No more invisible walls. Admittedly Lost Valley was the only big offender in TRA, but it was annoying enough there. I'm actually hoping TRL2 will take on some kind of Metroid/Zelda format which by nature would minimise this anyway, but if not, can't there at least be a bar in the way of non-grabbable ledges or something? Or having the short cliffs raised a bit?

Make Avalon substantial and interesting. Don't just tack it on as a short ending thing; the concept of another world has way too much potential to be butchered like that. Even if it needs a whole game to itself.

Going back to that Metroid/Zelda thing, if that is done some sort of survival aspect like Metal Gear Solid 3 would fit into the (wo)man vs environment theme that the series generally goes for. Don't have it take over the game, but having to find some edible food every so often while being lost in the wilderness could work well.

CAISACO
21-06-07, 22:38
Ad dodge is a keeper!

BRAID!! SAME AS TRA!!

Pluck her eye brows, and less makeup.

Keep the way she pulls her self up from a ledge, not just pop up like Legend

Love the TRA sound effects, when she gets hurt, pulls her self up :tmb: Legend was too weird sounding. too wimpy.

Avalon is a new world. Make new enemies (weird ones ), a lot more scattered through out the level or game. Like 28 kills a level!!:)

DONT RUSH THE GAME! Spend 2 years on it!! Maybe 3!!!

Make the atmosphere eerie, deserted, no mercs, only animals/creatures

Make sure Lara has great expressions, TRA was PERFECT. The widened eyes when she was scared.

Silvereyes
22-06-07, 05:10
I LOVED TRA!!! Suggestions for improvement are always useful too, so here's my list. I've made it as reasonable as possible.

1. The saving - whenever option and bottomless backpack like it was meant to be :)

2. I love the option to turn hints off. Nice addition would be an option to turn shiny things, highlighted ledges, and control introductions in the beginning off too.

3. Camera is a bit of an issue for me - hard to control while in combat. I think a nice combat mode addition would be one where the camera is always on the enemy (or on most of them) while lara is shooting.

4. Bring back the roll! I'd love that move back, and made so that it also turns the camera around.

5. Have her ride a horse!!!! :)

6. I love the journal. Love the cleverly phrased hints and irrelevant statements. Helps when I'm stuck

7. Winston belongs in the freezer!! Enough said

8. I love the idea of an all-climbable environment.. even if it's not whee the player is "supposed" to go. Dead ends are fun too, esp while exploring

9. Headset - should be kept but with options as some have suggested

10. Legend Lara's looks were my favorite so far - TRA not so much. Go for Legend face !

Yey Crystal for bringing back Lara from the doom of gothness *cough*AOD*cough*

jeffrey van oort
22-06-07, 08:32
10. Legend Lara's looks were my favorite so far - TRA not so much. Go for Legend face !

8. I love the idea of an all-climbable environment.. even if it's not whee the player is "supposed" to go. Dead ends are fun too, esp while exploring

Yey Crystal for bringing back Lara from the doom of gothness *cough*AOD*cough*

'nuff said.

TombRaiderJosh
22-06-07, 17:13
* explain what happened in tr4[/QUOTE]

You should read 'the amulet of power' if you want to find out. She didnt die she was just really hurt and rescued by some dude named Mason. Then they have to flee egypt cos these other guys think that Lara took something from the temple.

LaraC Interactiv
22-06-07, 19:01
Tomb Raider 8 should have levels where you can explore bigger places like bring back Egypt, Bolivia, The Mountains, and the ocean view in revelation. :)

TombRaiderJosh
22-06-07, 19:06
I think, that in Tomb Raider 8, we should have lush rainforests and pyramids to explore. I also think that we should have more vehicles like a car, Jeep, Motorbike etc. Also, I would like to see combat moves where she can kick and punch but a bit more better than the AOD combat system!

LaraC Interactiv
22-06-07, 21:31
Yes that would be good :)

Silvereyes
22-06-07, 21:44
OOh I just though of a really interesting idea

I'm gonna use the Midas timed platforms as an example (im there now )
Let's say there's an obvious puzzle / path to go like that, which obviously shows what you're supposed to do, but is fairly difficult

It would be awesome if they include little alternate pathways to get around it that which are cleverly concealed - so for example only a very observant player would find it and it would be such a reward for those who have lots of trouble with the main course.

That would be a nice way to make things even less linear and really make players want to explore as much as they can

LegendLuvr24
23-06-07, 10:31
The most important thing they need to concentrate on when making the new engine is the camera. Anniversary's was dreadful in some spots (although the game itself was FANTASTIC) and if Lara's movements will still be camera based in TR8, the camera itself must be top notch before they take care of other things. Otherwise the game itself may suffer a little from it.

Just my advice =).

Mr K
23-06-07, 10:47
Please keep the finding relics system from TRA, it's about time Tomb Raider started promoting archaeology :tmb:

jeffrey van oort
23-06-07, 13:24
Please keep the finding relics system from TRA, it's about time Tomb Raider started promoting archaeology :tmb:

I agree. I really like that.
What I did not like was that you could not choose which outfit Lara would be wearing when you start a mission.
(This means starting a mission without replaying a mission, thus for the first time.)

MUN33B
24-06-07, 10:17
I agree. I really like that.
What I did not like was that you could not choose which outfit Lara would be wearing when you start a mission.
(This means starting a mission without replaying a mission, thus for the first time.)

I agree :tmb:

Relics were cool :D.

Boukensha
24-06-07, 18:52
they could make us back to the manor in all location changes, they should show lara getting the weapons... choose a outfit, and go to the mission... should make some cutscene that shows lara reading books and talk whit zip and allistair in the manor.. end you can get things, and when you ready you talk whit zip and go to the mission...
some pleases we could already go whit all weapons and ammo needed.. some tombs dont make any sense have ammo inside... lara should get it into her house before go... and the outfit and the hair should be changed into the mansion too... when some place is cold we have to go whit some jacket.. or something, when the level is underwater you should choose a wet suit, the weapons should be unlocked whit the suits in the game play, along you go far on history, so you choose it into the manor before go for the next location, and we could go to the manor if we want at each fineshed level..

garfy
24-06-07, 22:57
they were great in tomb raider legend, but i think for tomb raider 8 it should combine the diary from anniversary with the head set... so instead of lara getting radom messages from zip and alistair, the player can ask for their help if they get stuck... just like in anniversary, if you get stuck you can consult laras fathers journal!

mzprox
25-06-07, 09:39
It may have been suggested b4, but:

In the cinematics rewards pls let us watch the interactive cutscenes parts too. They are really missing from there :).

belter_21
25-06-07, 16:39
1. In TR8 I would like to be able to choose locations, a bit like in TR3 - so we could decide to tackle different continents first, not in a set oreder.

2. Also, can we have different endings based on how we choose to play the game (other games do this, e.g., Stalker for one). The idea being that if you get all the artifacts, rather than say 50% of them, the ending is different in some way.

3. IMPROVE THE MANOR. Let's have some fun with Winston, like in the old games. More rooms.

4. Lets have proper vehicles we can control, like the jeep in TR3.

5. More secrets. TRA did not have enough secrets hidden away.