PDA

View Full Version : Do You Guys Smoke?

Dark-Angel-Lara
18-04-06, 00:01
well, do you? and how much..
i do,but not much, propably, 6 cigarettes a day?
i can't smoke much at my work, because we don't have time for that, it's hectic you know.
and when i'm at home, i'm not allowed to smoke inside..
my parents don't like it. LOL..
so it's kind of annoying you know, having to go outside everytime.

xMiSsCrOfTx
18-04-06, 00:04
No, I find it disgusting.

CerebralAssassin
18-04-06, 00:06
used to,not anymore..

DREWY
You don't smoke, the cigarette does. You're just the sucker on the end. Did once, don't now. Glad I did too. Funny, 2 years later and I still have cravings.

Night Crawler
Yep, not a heavy smoker though, I go through about 10 a day.

Belfastard
18-04-06, 00:07
Yes. Between 3-5 a day. :)

SUGARPIE
18-04-06, 00:10
I am giving up - it's so easy to give up, I've done it hundreds of times :D

RoseTyler
18-04-06, 00:10
Wouldn't smoke, even if you paid me. lol

CerebralAssassin
18-04-06, 00:11
I am giving up - it's so easy give up, I've done it hundreds of times :D
:vlol: oh my goodness you crack me up Sug

nickp364
18-04-06, 00:12
Nope, find it really disgusting. And, they might as well call it a cancer-stick! :D

SUGARPIE
:vlol: oh my goodness you crack me up Sug

Nope, never done Crack :D

MizzCroft007
Tried it a few times, but no I don't.

Mister Mike
18-04-06, 00:14
Yup.. like a chimney. :)

lee32uk
18-04-06, 00:15
I dont smoke and never have.Tried it as a kid and it put me off for life :D

average stalker
i used to smoke at college before each class and at concerts, but i stopped a few months ago.

Dark-Angel-Lara
wow alot of healthy.. people here lol..
feel free to say no huh.?

CerebralAssassin
18-04-06, 00:17
healthy being what?someone who never smoked before?

Belfastard
18-04-06, 00:17

I'm far from it! :D :p

Dark-Angel-Lara
18-04-06, 00:19
healthy being what?someone who never smoked before?

yup, well okay, you don't have to be healthy if you don't smoke, junkfood is bad too. :P

RoseTyler
18-04-06, 00:21
yup, well okay, you don't have to be healthy if you don't smoke

Apart from the fact that your lungs are clean and healthy and not full of sticky brown tar :p lol

ILG49ers
18-04-06, 00:21
Nope, I don't smoke.

Dark-Angel-Lara
18-04-06, 00:28
Apart from the fact that your lungs are clean and healthy and not full of sticky brown tar :p lol

LOL.. yeah well a fat liver and high cholesterol is bad too, but it has nothing to do with smoking :)
and i'm NOT trying to say that smoking is good okay :D
and thank the lord that you're not allowed to smoke inside the mcdonalds,
so you'll have to choose :cln:

i really enjoy cigarettes, so quitting ain't even on my mind,
i feel stupid saying that.. :hea:

tombraider123
18-04-06, 00:33
Just recently given up :D And look at my age... :P

Dark-Angel-Lara
18-04-06, 00:35
Just recently given up :D And look at my age... :P

LOL YOU'RE 14!..at what age did you start

Osojojo
18-04-06, 00:35
People who say, "Nope, I don't smoke much, only about 5-7 a day" shock me.
FIVE TO SEVEN A DAY?? That's a LOT. :mad:

Jacob x5
18-04-06, 00:36
No, and I never will. I can't see into the future but I never will.

Some of you are talking like 6 or 10 a day isn't much. It is. 10 a day? That is a hell of a lot. It may not be a lot compared to some people but it's still a huge amount. I find it disgusting beyond belief that anyone would want to do that. I guess whoever invented nicotine didn't expect it to be so addictive that it just cannot be controlled. People are just breathing in smoke, for what? For chest infections, lung cancer, mouth cancer, throat cancer, stomach cancer, something beginning with 'e' (:p), and so much more. And the people around them have to suffer. And if you find it annoying that you have to go outside every time, well that's tough. You are the one with the addiction, and it's no-one else's problem. You should have the respect to 'step outside'. I have to breath in the stuff a lot, and it's not good for me, especially since I'm asthmatic. In my opinion I shouldn't have to. I have a right not to, and what bothers me the most is that some people don't care. I don't mind if people smoke, it's not my problem, but it really annoys me when they have no respect for other people. Some smokers (not all, but some) say they have a right to smoke. Well I think that non-smokers' right not to smoke is much, much more important.

In a nutshell, smoking is one of the stupidest things a person can do.

Genocide
18-04-06, 00:38
I used to, but i quit in January last year

RoseTyler
18-04-06, 00:41

Some of you are talking like 6 or 10 a day isn't much. It is. 10 a day? That is a hell of a lot. It may not be a lot compared to some people but it's still a huge amount. I find it disgusting beyond belief that anyone would want to do that. I guess whoever invented nicotine didn't expect it to be so addictive that it just cannot be controlled. People are just breathing in smoke, for what? For chest infections, lung cancer, mouth cancer, throat cancer, stomach cancer, something beginning with 'e' (:p), and so much more. And the people around them have to suffer. And if you find it annoying that you have to go outside every time, well that's tough. You are the one with the addiction, and it's no-one else's problem. You should have the respect to 'step outside'. I have to breath in the stuff a lot, and it's not good for me, especially since I'm asthmatic. In my opinion I shouldn't have to. I have a right not to, and what bothers me the most is that some people don't care. I don't mind if people smoke, it's not my problem, but it really annoys me when they have no respect for other people. Some smokers (not all, but some) say they have a right to smoke. Well I think that non-smokers' right not to smoke is much, much more important.

:tmb: Well said.

I really don't see the attraction in walking around with a stick in your gob and swallowing smoke down into your lungs, i mean...wtf?!

Would be funny if people had to inhale the smoke through their butt :cln:

nomedo
18-04-06, 00:41
I smoke when i go out. but not when im sober.
and always Marlboro to support Ferrari F1 :wve:

RoseTyler
18-04-06, 00:42
and always Marlboro to support Ferrari F1 :wve:

Is that supposed to make it sound impressive?

Its not. :ton:

regga
18-04-06, 00:46
I gave up that disgusting habit of smoking tabacco, but I still like my magic weed. :)

Belfastard
18-04-06, 00:46

Jesus. Freedom of choice?

Stop being such a ignorant so and so and ramming your right wing opinions down our throats. Do you drink at all? Drink can been seen as a habit. So what if you drank and some one said to you:

"In a nutshell, drinking is one of the stupidest things a person can do"

I smoke, and I have respect for people inside and out. If I'm inside, I will ask if I can smoke, if they reply "No please don't. I don't like it." I'll say OK, and go out. And even when I am outside standing with a friend who doesn't smoke, I'll ask them if I can smoke.

RoseTyler
18-04-06, 00:48
Stop being such a ignorant so and so and ramming your right wing opinions down our throats.

He did nothing of the sort. :mad:

Belfastard
18-04-06, 00:50
He did nothing of the sort. :mad:

I didn't realise he was a 13 year old kid. No one wonder he's over opinionated. He hasn't experienced life yet.

Jacob x5
18-04-06, 00:51
Jesus. Freedom of choice?

Stop being such a ignorant so and so and ramming your right wing opinions down our throats. Do you drink at all? Drink can been seen as a habit. So what if you drank and some one said to you:

"In a nutshell, drinking is one of the stupidest things a person can do"

I smoke, and I have respect for people inside and out. If I'm inside, I will ask if I can smoke, if they reply "No please don't. I don't like it." I'll say OK, and go out. And even when I am outside standing with a friend who doesn't smoke, I'll ask them if I can smoke.

You know what, my opinion contradicts yours. That's why you don't like it. This thread wants me to give my opinion and that's exactly what I did. I'm entitled to it. Whatever you may think, I think smoking is a very very stupid thing to do.

I said absolutely nothing like what you are implying. And I thought I'd say I said nothing about drinking either. Drinking is different to smoking.

Belfastard
18-04-06, 00:55
Drinking is different to smoking.

Is it? Explain how some one can become an alcoholic?

Let's see...

An alcoholic is some one who is addicted to alcohol.
A smoker is some one who is addicted to nicotine.

They're both addicted to different things, but both addicted, so it's not different there.

Nothing annoys me more than an ignorant child who thinks he/she knows it all.

Night Crawler
18-04-06, 00:55
The reason I smoke is because I enjoy it, and I don't care what other people think.

Dark-Angel-Lara
18-04-06, 00:56
I gave up that disgusting habit of smoking tabacco, but I still like my magic weed. :)

i can't stand weed..i've tried it once and i hate it it does stupis things to me.
though it's legal here, you wont ever see mee puff puff pass :D
and eventhough my friends like to do it, i don't ever get seducted:D
it's just that i'm not a drugs person.. :)

Belfastard
18-04-06, 00:57
The reason I smoke is because I enjoy it, and I don't care what other people think.

I'll second that.

Jacob x5
18-04-06, 00:59

Let's see...

They're both addicted to different things, but both addicted, so it's not different there.

Ha. I never made any comparison between drinking and smoking in the first place. That was you. I never said that being an alcoholic wasn't stupid. Whether or not I think it is is a different matter, irrelevant to this thread. "Freedom of choice"? What about freedom of speech?

Dark-Angel-Lara
18-04-06, 01:03
yeah i think that people have to do what they like/want..
and i don't think that Non-smokers are suffering.
but maybe that i because i try to think of others as much as i can..

Jacob x5
18-04-06, 01:04

Note the "some, not all" in my post. I wasn't talking about YOU.

RoseTyler
18-04-06, 01:05

Let's see...

Both smoking AND drinking are incredibly stupid things to do. Thats my opinion. You no like? Tough. Its not like I'm sat here stopping you from doing such things.

As for the 'ignorant child' he seems pretty wise and well educated to me.

Jacob x5
18-04-06, 01:05
yeah i think that people have to do what they like/want..
and i don't think that Non-smokers are suffering.
but maybe that i because i try to think of others as much as i can..

I'm a non-smoker. You're a smoker. You don't think non-smokers are suffering. I DO. At least, I think I'M suffering.

EDIT (I've posted twice in a row so I'll just edit this post):

As for the 'ignorant child' he seems pretty wise and well educated to me.

Thank you. :D Belfastard, you seem to be using my age as an arguement. An arguement that perhaps my opinions is...invalid (I think would be the word). My age has nothing to do with this. Bad move.

Dark-Angel-Lara
18-04-06, 01:06
Ha. I never made any comparison between drinking and smoking in the first place. That was you. I never said that being an alcoholic wasn't stupid. Whether or not I think it is is a different matter, irrelevant to this thread. "Freedom of choice"? What about freedom of speech?

yeah but you knda are acting like drinking isn't as bad as you think that smoking is,
did you know that drunk people cause more trouble than people that smoke.
and the harm that drinking causes is just as bad as smoking..
and i like both drinking and smoking.. but don't get me wrong! i'm not an alcoholic.. :D

Jacob x5
18-04-06, 01:09
Dark-Angel-Lara, I think you can stop talking about drinking right now. I never mentioned it in the first place, it had nothing to do with my opinion and it has nothing to do with this thread.

Belfastard
18-04-06, 01:10
Jacob x5 and RoseTyler, why don't you 2 start your own right wing group on TRF? :wve:

RoseTyler
18-04-06, 01:12
Jacob x5 and RoseTyler, why don't you 2 start your own right wing group on TRF? :wve:

Hey its not our faults if you choose to be unhealthy. :p

Dark-Angel-Lara
18-04-06, 01:12
I'm a non-smoker. You're a smoker. You don't think non-smokers are suffering. I DO. At least, I think I'M suffering.

EDIT (I've posted twice in a row so I'll just edit this post):

Thank you. :D Belfastard, you seem to be using my age as an arguement. An arguement that perhaps my opinions is...invalid (I think would be the word). My age has nothing to do with this. Bad move.

so explain how you're suffering..? at work? or where, because alot of smokers aren't allowed to smoke inside buildings. at least out here we always have to go oustide to make sure that the non-smokers.. feel right at home. and i don't think that non smokers realise that we're thinking of you guys too.

there are just things that people like and don't like, so you'll always have people that think that thay're suffering. and it's not only with smoking.

Night Crawler
18-04-06, 01:13
Dark-Angel-Lara, I think you can stop talking about drinking right now. I never mentioned it in the first place, it had nothing to do with my opinion and it has nothing to do with this thread.Your attitude sucks, so you don't like smoking, ok, we have your opinion on the matter, why continue attacking?

I love smoking, I don't ever intend to stop, and there's nothing you can so about it, so why are you acting like the Anti-Tobacco Avenger?

You need to stop crying and get over the fact that there are smokers in the world.

*Blows smoke in your face* If you don't like it, get out of the thread.

Belfastard
18-04-06, 01:14

:vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol: :tmb:

RoseTyler
18-04-06, 01:15
Your attitude sucks, so you don't like smoking, ok, we have your opinion on the matter, why continue attacking?

I love smoking, I don't ever intend to stop, and there's nothing you can so about it, so why are you acting like the Anti-Tobacco Avenger?

You need to stop crying and get over the fact that there are smokers in the world.

That was uncalled for. You obviously cannot handle the fact that someone does not like smoking.

Dark-Angel-Lara
Your attitude sucks, so you don't like smoking, ok, we have your opinion on the matter, why continue attacking?

LOL WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D :D
lmfao

Anti-Tobacco Avenger ! you're funny..:D

Belfastard
Hey its not our faults if you choose to be unhealthy. :p

Not your choice either. So stop yapping about smokers. Kthxbye. :wve:

Belfastard
18-04-06, 01:16
That was uncalled for. You obviously cannot handle the fact that someone does not like smoking.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE FACT SOMEONE LIKES SMOKING! Ya hypocrite.

Dark-Angel-Lara
18-04-06, 01:16

no.. look, we know that there are people that don't like it.. but come on.. say what you have to say about it.. and just stop. you know don't get too personal :)

RoseTyler
18-04-06, 01:17
Not your choice either. So stop yapping about smokers. Kthxbye. :wve:

Well duh. :rolleyes:

I won't stop yapping about smokers. This is a thread specifically created to yap about smokers, smartarse. :p

RoseTyler
18-04-06, 01:18
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE FACT SOMEONE LIKES SMOKING! Ya hypocrite.

Erm..... whatever...

*raises eyebrow*

Jacob x5
18-04-06, 01:18
Night Crawler, I find you incredibly pathetic and you just proved my point. You cannot talk about my attitude and not look at yourself. I'm not trying to change you, and I'm not trying to stop you from smoking, but the line "You need to stop crying" made me give up listening. And the "*Blows smoke in your face*" is incredibly pathetic, somewhat offensive. I don't think you appreciate how damaging to health smoking is. And I don't care at all the damage it does to you, but you have no right to damage my health. And you seem like the type who doesn't care about that. If you delibrately blew smoke in my face, you can bet that I'd do something about it. Particularly since I'm asthmatic, it seriously affects me, and I have a right not to have to put up with that.

Your attitude sucks. I hate smoking, I don't ever intend to start, and there's nothing you can do about it, so why are you acting like the Tobacco Avenger? You need to get over the fact that there are people in the world who don't want to breath in that filthy stuff, and that not everyone is like you. And if you don't like that, you can get out of this thread. :wve:

RoseTyler
18-04-06, 01:19
no.. look, we know that there are people that don't like it.. but come on.. say what you have to say about it.. and just stop. you know don't get too personal :)

You guys are the ones getting personal (smoking must affect the mind :D) me and Jacob were just replying. This thread is for non smokers too right? Judging by the topic I'd say it was for everyone.

Jacob x5
18-04-06, 01:19
You people have turned this into a flame war. Belfastard, Night Crawler, and Dark-Angel-Lara. As far as I'm concerned you are all now bang out of order. You are basically insulting me. I honestly don't need that.

Dark-Angel-Lara
18-04-06, 01:21
Well duh. :rolleyes:

I won't stop yapping about smokers. This is a thread specifically created to yap about smokers, smartarse. :p

no it's not.. i was just wondering how many people smoke out here, and how much... not what damage it causes and how bad it is.. i already know..

RoseTyler
18-04-06, 01:22
no it's not.. i was just wondering how many people smoke out here, and how much... not what damage it causes and how bad it is.. i already know..

Ok, well in that case the thread may as well be called "Do you guys smoke? Anyone who says no, prepare to have your ass beaten."

Belfastard
18-04-06, 01:24
Judging by the topic I'd say it was for everyone.

Yes, but before you said that, you said...

This is a thread specifically created to yap about smokers, smartarse.

Contradicting yourself there I believe. :)

BTW, here's something to think about: smartarse? Keep repeating that to yourself. You might realise something. :)

Belfastard
18-04-06, 01:25
You people have turned this into a flame war. Belfastard, Night Crawler, and Dark-Angel-Lara. As far as I'm concerned you are all now bang out of order. You are basically insulting me. I honestly don't need that.

Oh boo hoo (!) Typically cowardice. Starts the arguement then when the going gets tough, you stop and act the victim. Pathetic.

Jacob x5
18-04-06, 01:25
Dark-Angel-Lara, Night Crawler, Belfastard, you three have probably led to this thread possibly being closed sometime in the not-so-distant future, and I think it would do us all a favour. It was a nice thread once. You shouldn't create a thread about something if you are not prepared for people to disagree with you.

RoseTyler
18-04-06, 01:26
This is a thread specifically created to yap about smokers therefore its a thread for everyone...

How exactly am I contradicting myself? .....smartarse... *yawns*

Night Crawler
18-04-06, 01:27
Night Crawler, I find you incredibly pathetic and you just proved my point. You cannot talk about my attitude and not look at yourself. I'm not trying to change you, and I'm not trying to stop you from smoking, but the line "You need to stop crying" made me give up listening. And the "*Blows smoke in your face*" is incredibly pathetic, somewhat offensive. I don't think you appreciate how damaging to health smoking is. And I don't care at all the damage it does to you, but you have no right to damage my health. And you seem like the type who doesn't care about that. If you delibrately blew smoke in my face, you can bet that I'd do something about it. Particularly since I'm asthmatic, it seriously affects me, and I have a right not to have to put up with that.

Your attitude sucks. I hate smoking, I don't ever intend to start, and there's nothing you can do about it, so why are you acting like the Tobacco Avenger? You nbeed to get over the fact that there are people in the world who don't want to breath in that filthy stuff, and that not everyone is like you. And if you don't like that, you can get out of this thread. :wve:

So basically what you have done there is taken everything I've said and thrown it back in my face. *Sigh* Some people really lack originality.

And I do realise how damaging it is, that's why I don't go around chasing people down the street with my big nasty cancer stick and forcing the smoke into thier lungs.

We already know that;

- You don't ever intend to smoke
- You're ****ed off at the fact that people smoke and it's damaging to your health
- There is nothing you can do about it.
- My Attitude sucks

Do you plan on repeating yourself all night or have you got something else, something more constructive to say?

Jacob x5
18-04-06, 01:27
Oh boo hoo (!) Typically cowardice. Starts the arguement then when the going gets tough, you stop and act the victim. Pathetic.

Lol. You're not helping yourself. "Oh boo hoo". Quite childish. You're obviously not listening to me, so I've given up listening to you.

Dark-Angel-Lara
18-04-06, 01:28
Ok, well in that case the thread may as well be called "Do you guys smoke? Anyone who says no, prepare to have your ass beaten."

LOL.. no. i'm not like that.. i also have respect for non smokers. i don't judge anybody. but i do kinda think that non smokers always try to make the smokers stop. ( speaking from experience) most of the time they have their lil story about how bad it is for your health, and how the people around you are suffering.
to be honest nobody is suffering around me.. my friends smoke too.
my family doesnt that's why i always go outside to smoke.. i don't smoke in public places buildings whatever. so i think that that makes me a Not-so-bad-smoker

RoseTyler
Lol. You're not helping yourself. "Oh boo hoo". Quite childish. You're obviously not listening to me, so I've given up listening to you.

LOL so camp.

Jacob x5
And I do realise how damaging it is, that's why I don't go around chasing people down the street with my big nasty cancer stick and forcing the smoke into thier lungs.

And earlier on:

*Blows smoke in your face*.

:wve:

Night Crawler
18-04-06, 01:30
And earlier on:

:wve:Er..did I litterally blow smoke in your face?
Did it seep through your computer screen and into your lungs then? :rolleyes:

DREWY
C'mon guys.
Take a deep breath (pun intended) and realise smoking is a personal choice. I know about the passive smoking side of things and, having been a smoker, can see both sides. There is no need for this to get so heated and personal. State your opinions and realize not everyone will agree.
Thanx

RoseTyler
LOL.. no. i'm not like that.. i also have respect for non smokers. i don't judge anybody. but i do kinda think that non smokers always try to make the smokers stop. ( speaking from experience) most of the time they have their lil story about how bad it is for your health, and how the people around you are suffering.
to be honest nobody is suffering around me.. my friends smoke too.
my family doesnt that's why i always go outside to smoke.. i don't smoke in public places buildings whatever. so i think that that makes me a Not-so-bad-smoker

Thats where this so called 'flame war' stems from. Its the fact that smokers think the non smokers are going to try and make them stop.
Perhaps its nature for humans to try and stop other humans from intentionally damaging their health. Which is rather odd considering how cruel humans can be to each other.

But anyway, we cannot make you stop, so... :ton:

Belfastard
18-04-06, 01:31
LOL so camp.

Now you have a problem with gay people? LOL, you get even better. If you start your Right Wing TRF Group, you should be Leader.

Thorn
18-04-06, 01:32
My mother was a chain smoker since she was 18. Not too long ago she was in the hospital for lung cancer. Luckily it was taken under control. Now she has quit smoking and is enjoying life much more. She's just started running and I'm so proud of her. I've experimented with smoking of course but now that I know it's so bad I'm glad I never made it a habit. I would see it as a form of suicide if I started smoking. There's much better ways to deal with stress than ruining your body.

Dark-Angel-Lara
18-04-06, 01:32
Dark-Angel-Lara, Night Crawler, Belfastard, you three have probably led to this thread possibly being closed sometime in the not-so-distant future, and I think it would do us all a favour. It was a nice thread once. You shouldn't create a thread about something if you are not prepared for people to disagree with you.

look is started it, and i already posted why i did that. i was curious okay, and look,
i like to hear peoples poinions nothing wrond with that, you don't hear me complaining about what you said.
but the reason why your being attacked is because of they way you brought your opinion.. think about that :)

RoseTyler
18-04-06, 01:33
Now you have a problem with gay people? LOL, you get even better. If you start your Right Wing TF Group, you should be Leader.

Blimey, quick to judge arent you! Sorry to disappoint you dear, but you are wrong.

Belfastard
18-04-06, 01:34
Blimey, quick to judge arent you! Sorry to disappoint you dear, but you are wrong.

Oh course I am quick to judge some one like you. You apparently can't stand the fact that their are smokers, so if smoking bothers you this much, then homosexuality is bound to. :wve:

Jacob x5
18-04-06, 01:34
There was nothing wrong with the way I 'brought my opinion'. You're just not ready to hear it.

Jacob x5
18-04-06, 01:35
Oh course I am quick to judge some one like you. You apparently can't stand the fact that their are smokers, so if smoking bothers you this much, then homosexuality is bound to. :wve:

You're looking for things to argue about.

I find you incredibly pathetic.

Belfastard
18-04-06, 01:39
I find you incredibly pathetic.

Coming from an ignorant, over-opinionated 13 year old BOY?

Like I care what YOU think, darling. :wve:

RoseTyler
18-04-06, 01:39

:vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol: OH....MY.....GOD.... I like sooooo can't believe you just said that!

Jacob x5
18-04-06, 01:40
Yeah, the 'boy' part was the most important bit. :p

I'm not ignorant, I'm not over-opinionated.

My opinion was very, very valid, and I can see you're not ready for that. You found it offensive. You were offended by it so you tried to 'have a go at' me to make yourself feel better. Because obviously you're right and I'm wrong. That has to be the case.

Thorn
18-04-06, 01:42
meOW! Cat Fight!

:ton:

DREWY
18-04-06, 01:42
Getting too personal and off track. Was interesting now insulting. Closed

RoseTyler
18-04-06, 01:43
LMAO Thorn :vlol: